Lost Girls by stormlover
Summary: Ororo Munroe & her sister AnnaNicole are orphans struggling to make it in a harsh & cruel world. Logan is the leader of the X-Men Omega Team and their first mission cause their paths to cross with Ororo & Anna. Read to see what happens when two girls once considered lost, "find" themselves with the help from an unusual source. Two OCs ROLO, based loosely in XMen Evolution-verse
Categories: General Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 19 Completed: No Word count: 50217 Read: 15078 Published: 12-29-13 Updated: 03-08-14

1. Logan by stormlover

2. Ororo by stormlover

3. The Club by stormlover

4. The Alley by stormlover

5. Hope by stormlover

6. Stepping Out on Faith by stormlover

7. New Surroundings by stormlover

8. The Professor by stormlover

9. Apologies by stormlover

10. Welcome by stormlover

11. Getting Closer by stormlover

12. Getting Together by stormlover

13. Session by stormlover

14. Cheer Up by stormlover

15. Club Mic by stormlover

16. A Visitor by stormlover

17. Talent Show by stormlover

18. Hits the Fan by stormlover

19. No More than You Can Bear by stormlover

Logan by stormlover
Chapter 1: Logan


Logan, please ask Team Omega to assemble right away in my office, Professor Xavier requested telepathically.

Sure Chuck. Logan groaned as he sat up from the work he was doing on his Harley. Getting to his feet, he reached for a rag to wipe the oil from his hands before using his comlink to contact his team.

His team. The words sounded funny to him, only having been bestowed the responsibility of leading Team Omega on Monday. Now, three days later, they were being summoned to the Prof’s office to get their first assignment.

Logan stood and stretched to his full 5”8 feet height. Though the shortest male on his team, he was powerfully built, his muscular physique well defined. His dark hair and steel color eyes added to the overall effect of the compact powerhouse who, as his teammate knew, didn’t take no shit.

Even though he was only 17, he had lived what felt like a thousand of lifetimes in his short life. Sitting down, he took a moment to reflect on his life up to this point.

His mutant abilities manifested when he was 8 years old. He was shuffled from one foster home to another, until he landed in the place where his childhood ended. During a particularly violent beating session, Logan lashed out and out of his hands, six bony claws emerged. He suddenly felt his injuries healing as he gazed at his foster father. Just as suddenly, everything in front him became tinged in a red haze. Breathing heavily, Logan told him no more and turned and went into his room.

After he had calmed down, he stared at his hands for a long time, willing the claws to come out again. When they did, he gasped in pain but the pain quickly ceased as the skin around the claws healed. He heard movement and looked up, sensing the movement of his foster family in the different parts of the house. He could even hear the movements of the dog as it moved around outside. His eyes could detect the movement of small insect in the corner as it scuttled from one place to another. It was as if the world became alive, all of the sounds and scents hitting him at once.

Logan, overwhelmed with the information overload, closed his eyes and took deep breaths, a calming exercise he had perfected. In a calmer state, he was able to focus and hearing his name, he focused on his foster father on the phone, telling the person on the line that he needed to speak with the Doctor.

Logan wasn’t surprised to see the black sedan in front of his foster home when he arrived home after school the next day. What was shocking was the exchange of money between a guy in a long, white scientist coat and his foster father.

Logan, seeing the transaction, lashed out, leaving his last foster father with a scar that he would carry for the rest of his days as a reminder of what he had done. That was the first time Logan drew blood with his bony claws and he soon learned, it would not be the last.

The Weapon X project, as it was known internally, was searching for ways to capitalize on the mutant phenomena and manipulate the evolutionary process to create super soldiers for a special ops group. This group would serve as the world’s cleanup crew, addressing issues that required a certain skill set to dispose of the “trash” as needed.

Upon his arrival to the lab, Logan underwent experiments under the direction of Doctor Cornelius. The Doctor was pleased to discover that his latest “acquisition” had a mutation that healed his body faster than humans. Determined to explore the limits of the boy’s mutation, the Doctor created tortuous experiments to test how much damage the child could endure and see how long it took him to recover from it.

A byproduct of these experiments and mistreatment was the darkening of the child’s outlook on people. Seeing early on that the child’s mind was fragile, the Doctor decided that he needed a clean slate to work with. In addition to the experiments on the child’s body, his mind underwent a restructuring that lead to him losing all knowledge of himself and his past. Without a past or emotional ties, the child became the best super soldier for the project.

By the age of 11, Logan had seen and done more in the short three years of his “training” than some of the world’s most elite military special ops groups. Though tall for his age, Logan’s cherubim and unassuming face lent itself perfectly in surprising their enemies. The only flaw with the soldier was his bony claws which broke easily.

It took the Doctor two more years to find a solution to Logan’s flaw “an indestructible metal called adamantium. He figured if he could bond the metal to the child’s bones, they would become unbreakable. He even fashioned a set of sharps claws that would completely replace the bony claws, making the soldier nearly invincible.

Though he had trouble remembering his life before Doctor Cornelius, he saw what life was like for other kids his age whenever he went out on a mission. In their conversations, Logan learned that life was not filled with needles, doctors, blood and death but of foreign things like school, books, malls, and television. Things he didn’t remember ever experiencing. He heard about them and saw them from time to time from a distance. Like a normal child, Logan developed a desire to experience those things.

Now that he knew there was a different type of life, Logan grew tired of the experiments and the poking and prodding. One day after a particularly extreme and excruciatingly painful session, Logan decided that he wouldn’t take it anymore and as soon as he saw an opportunity, he was going to break free. That opportunity came the following day, but at a steep cost.

That day was the day the Doctor selected as the bonding day. His team of chemists had tested the bonding process on several mice beforehand and felt comfortable that they could replicate the process on the mutant child. The Doctor knew procedure would push the boy’s healing factor to the limit but he was willing to risk the life of his best soldier to achieve this goal. If this proved successful, Logan would be the first of many and that possibility alone made the risk worth it.

On the designated day, Logan was retrieved from his cell and brought to the room specially prepared for the operation. His face was outfitted with a mask that pumped in a strong anesthesia while the technicians began the process by inserting large needles all over his body. Soon, the boy’s face changed from mask of fury to one of peace as the strong drug took effect. Ready for the next phase, the boy was lowered in a tank filled with nutrient enrich water that provided his body with fuel for his healing factor as well as buoyancy so they could completely cover the boy’s skeleton without fear of the metal pooling in one place.

The procedure took longer than expected. When the monitor finally displayed that the project was 100% complete, the huge vats of molten adamantium were nearly depleted. However, they had completely run out of the strong anesthesia.

The lab staff held their breath and hoped that anesthesia would last long enough for them to transport the child back to his cell. They knew that without the constant feed of the strong drug, the boy’s body would fight it, bringing him from under its effects. Some of the staff, having experienced the effects of the boy’s rage, wondered how they would handle him now that he was invulnerable.

Unfortunately, they didn’t have to wonder long.

Logan stirred and his eyes opened, shocked to find himself submerged in water. Panicking, he extended his claws and cried out in pain as the metal knives popped out of his knuckles. Enraged, he swung at his glass enclosure and saw that his claws left deep impressions in the glass. Swinging with all his might, he broke through the glass and fell to the ground below, glass embedding into his skin.

Ignoring the pain, he removed the mask and looked closely at his new instruments. A level of rage he had never experienced engulfed him. He roared and snatched the needles from his body, his wounds healing quickly. He looked around and saw that his escape had caused the room to be quarantined, cutting off the lab off from the rest of the building.

Smiling evilly, the child realized this was the opportunity to escape that he had been waiting for. But before he did so, he began to exact his revenge, remembering all of the torture the people meted out to him. In the matter of minutes, he was covered with the blood of his torturers. Breathing hard, he surveyed his surroundings. Determined not to let them do this to another, he began to destroy the room, tearing through the computer equipment and everything else he could get his hands on.

Logan remembered going through the outer wall, finding himself knee deep in snow in the Canadian wilderness. He wondered around for a while before stumbling upon a cabin, several miles away from the lab.

Over the years, Mary and Vernon recalled for him what happened when he was unconscious.

The couple were shocked to see him, lying in the snow, the white powder surrounding him colored crimson. The husband told his wife to grab a blanket and they worked together to wrap the in the blanket and take him inside. Vernon Johns watched as his wife washed the blood from the unconscious child’s body, trying to locate the injury only to learn one was not present. Mary looked back at her husband and shook her head, gazing back at the child, her heart going out to him. During her examination, she found old scars all over his body, letting her know that the child had endure much in his short life.

At Mary’s request, Vernon retrieved the boy from the red tinged water and carried him to the guest bedroom. They worked together to dry him off and gave him a pair of pajamas left by their youngest son after he went away to college. An hour later, they looked up when they heard movement and saw the boy standing in the doorway, chest heaving, eyes wild and confused.

Vernon, pulling his wife behind him, spoke to the boy and after a moment, the boy calmed down, apologizing for his actions. Sensing that everything was okay, Mary stepped from around her husband and slowly approached the child. She asked him if he would like something to eat and he nodded. She tentatively reached out her hand for his and with some hesitation, he took it and allowed himself to be lead to the kitchen. The child’s eyes met Vernon’s and an understanding exchanged between the two. Vernon couldn’t help but think that the child’s eyes contained knowledge of life of someone older than his years.

Over the course of the next few days, they learned very little about the child other than he was one of those mutants as they were called. Mary, happy to have a child in the house again, was okay with him being there but Vernon, knew that the child needed to be around his own kind. Though he didn’t not want to, seeing how his wife enjoyed having the child around, he knew it was best for everyone involved.

Retired from his cushy government job, had made a few contacts over the years with people involved in the mutant rights movement, including an old classmate of his, who he was shocked to learn, was also a mutant. He had stayed in touch with Chuck and reached out to him, telling him about the young man with the metal claws.

When the Professor arrived alone to pick up the young man, he sensed a mental barrier that had been erected in the boy’s mind. Convincing the boy that everything was alright, rather convincing Mary to convince the boy, the Professor began to deconstruct the carefully constructed mental block. He did so slowly, as to not overwhelm he child with a rush of memories, especially since some of them were troubling.

After two hours, the wall had been deconstructed and the boy sat sobbing in Mary’s arms. Vernon thought it best for the Professor to stay the night to which Charles agreed, knowing that the boy needed the time to get settled in his newly open mental space. And the rest, as they say is history.

Sighing, Logan pressed the button on his comlink.

“Omega, report to the Prof’s office ASAP,” he grumbled in the communicator and received responses from his four teammates.
Ororo by stormlover
Chapter 2: Ororo


Ororo tossed and turned in her bed, experiencing a dream unlike any she had had before. It was almost as if her life was flashing before her eyes, replaying many of the major events in her short time on earth, beginning with the night her parents died when a plane crashed into their apartment building in New York.

Five year old Ororo smiled at her mother as she watched her cooking dinner at the stove. She knew her Daddy was in his room, getting cleaned up for dinner. Suddenly a large explosion sounded and Ororo saw the stricken look on her mother’s face before the lights went out. She felt someone grab her. She heard her mother’s voice, telling her that everything would be okay, just stay calm. After a while, she fell asleep, cradled in her mother’s arms and was awoken by a loud sound. She called out to her mother but no response. Afraid now, Ororo tried to do like her mother said, to stay calm. Ororo, huddled under the dead body of her mother, was discovered by rescuers several hours later.

She spent five days in the hospital after her rescue. The mental and emotional anguish proved greater than her physical injuries, leaving her with among other things, an acute fear of being in enclosed spaces.

The dreamscape changed, becoming the cemetery where she saw herself watching as her parents’ bodies were lowered into the ground. She felt the phantom comforting hands of the Denvers as they took her in their arms and took her away to live with them. Flashes of her life with them during happy times appeared, ending with the final one where she stood next to Samantha, the Denvers’ daughter as she watched their coffins being lowered into the ground. They were killed in a car accident while she was at school three years after they took her in.

The scene changed, showing Samantha laid out on the couch of her parents’ home while 8 year old Ororo tried to keep the house clean as Mrs. Denver had. Samantha’s only concern was using the money from her parent’s insurance policies to get high and party, not caring for some kid.

Ororo did what she could to take care of herself but her teachers at school noticed the child’s tattered clothes, the lack of a coat on cold days and her drastic weight loss. The day that her life took a turn from bad to worse was when Samantha knelt before her, holding her shoulder while explaining why she couldn’t care for her and that those nice people would take her someplace safe.

Now, she felt the hand of Samantha on her leg.

Her leg? No, that can’t be right, she thought, fighting to get out of the dream.

The dreamscape changed again and found herself asleep in bed at her first foster home. Awake now, she looked up in horror at her foster father leaning over her, rubbing her thigh.

“SSshhh. As long as you don’t scream, you won’t get hurt,” her foster father whispered in her ear, “Damn you smell good.”

Ororo screamed and he covered her face with his hand, muffling her. She struggled against him, tears flowing freely. She fought him, flailing her arms and legs. She lifted her knee hard as he straddled her, hitting him in the groin area. He yelled out in pain, falling away, his hand dropping from her mouth. She screamed again, bringing her foster mother to her room.

She got up and ran to the woman, holding her tight around her waist, still sobbing.

“What’s going on heah?” she asked, looking from Ororo to her husband struggling to get to his feet.

“The little bitch kneed me in the nuts,” he replied, sitting heavily on the bed.

“That’s true, Roro?”

“He was trying to touch my privates,” Ororo replied, looking up her foster mother.

“Did he touch you?”

“No.”

“So how ya know he was trying to touch ya there?”

Ororo looked up at her foster mother, not understanding why she was questioning her and not her husband. Glancing back over her shoulder, Ororo saw the smirk on the husband’s face. She knew then that her foster mother wouldn’t believe anything she said, leaving her at the mercy of her husband.

“Did ya hear what I said?” she asked, taking hold of Ororo’s upper arms and shaking her slightly.

“Yes,” came her tearful reply.

“And?”

“I don’t know. I just thought,” she started but was pushed away.

“That’s ya first problem, ya thinking. Dumb little bitch like ya don’t know what the hell ya talking about,” her foster mother spat at her, “Come on, baby. Let’s get back in bed.”

“Yeah in a sec babe,” he replied slowly getting to his feet and standing behind Ororo.

“Ya got me this time, but ya won’t be so lucky next time,” he whispered hotly in her ear before grabbing her butt before leaving the room.



“Ro, wake up,” a voice called out to her.

“Huh,” she replied, her voice husky with sleep.

“You okay? You were fighting in your sleep again,” Anna whispered, her knees pulled under her chin, “Another nightmare?”

“Yeah,” Ororo replied, sitting up and stretching, trying to clear her mind of the terrible images, “Did I wake you?”

“No, the thunder did,” Anna replied.

“Sorry about that,” Ororo replied, glancing up through the film covered window, seeing the telltale sign of rain.

“It’s okay,” she said, stretching her legs in front of her, relieved that her “sister” was okay, “I’m hungry. We got anything to eat?”

“No. You ate the last of the chicken we got from the deli last night,” Ororo told her, getting up off the makeshift pallet and heading over to their “bathroom” to take a quick wash up and to brush her teeth, “Hopefully we can get some money tonight so we can get something. Can you hold out for another few hours?”

“Yeah,” Anna replied, getting to her feet and folding their pallet.

“Good. What time is it?” Ororo asked, noticing the darkness outside of the window as she got to her feet and helped her sister fold their pallet.

“6pm.”

“Okay,” Ororo said, covering her mouth with her hand as she yawned big. Time to do it all over again, she thought. “Let’s hurry up and get ready so we can make it to the club.”


“Be still, girl,” Ororo admonished Anna, standing in front of her putting on her makeup.

“How much longer will we have to do this, Ro? I’m tired of living like this,” Anna whined, sounding much like the 15 year old girl she was.

They had met two years ago when Ororo arrived at the foster home where Anna lived, her fourth in six months’ time and her twelfth since becoming a ward of the state. The foster homes called her a troubled teen but Ororo knew the truth. She refused to allow the man or son in the house to take advantage of her and acted out. Tired of being bounced around and mistreated, she at 15, decided that if things didn’t work out in this foster home, she would strike out on her own.

When Ororo arrived at the house, she learned that it catered to mostly teenage girls. The family, a mother, father, and young adult boy, welcomed her with open arms that first week. But as soon as the scrutiny of the state lessened, their true sides were revealed. Ororo, leery of strangers, was shocked when she and one of the other girls, Anna clicked and became fast friends, finding that they shared a love of music and dancing.

Happy to finally have a friend, Anna, who had arrived to the house three weeks before Ororo, shared with her friend the things she had witnessed. Many of the girls had been assaulted both physically and sexually by members of the family. Not surprised, Ororo started making preparations for her departure, knowing that it was only a matter of time before one of the members of the family would turn their attention to her.

Though only 15, Ororo’s body looked more like a woman than a child. She stood a few inches shy of 5’7 inches and had long, naturally wavy white hair and blue eyes. Coupled with her mahogany skin, she had blossomed into a beautiful young woman, drawing the attention of many males and even females. Determined to keep her virginity intact, she fought fiercely and unapologetically.

It was during one of those fights, at the tender age of ten, that she learned she was a mutant. As she fought off her attacker, she felt a tingling sensation in her hands and was shocked to see them glowing in the dark. She heard the boom of thunder without a cloud in the sky and felt a burst of the wind that helped to rid her of the weight of her attacker, lifting him up and throwing him into the wall.

Her attacker, not wanting his wife to know what was going on, blamed the noise that brought her running on a strong wind, slamming the closet door. The next day, Ororo was packed up and returned to the State at the behest of the husband who claimed that she gave them too much trouble.

Now, having a friend for the first time in her life, she made plans for the two of them and advised Anna to put away food items and other things they would need when they left. The day came one week later when Ororo was awaken out of her sleep by the son in the family, squeezing her breasts and rubbing her legs. He quickly covered her mouth to prevent her from screaming and threatened to kill her if she made a sound.

Unafraid, she bit down hard on his hand, causing him to shriek in pain, pulling his hand from her face. She called out the code word, “Bandit”, which alerted Anna that it was time for them to go. Having picked up a few fighting skills along the way, Ororo kicked the boy out of the bed and got up, grabbing her bag from under the bed. Knowing she only had a few minutes before his parents’ showed up, Ororo leaned over and punched him hard in the face, breaking his nose.

“That’s for all of the girls whose life you ruined, you nasty bastard,” she spat at him, “And this is for putting your filthy hands on my body.” She kicked him hard in the groin before Anna pulled her away.

They headed out the bedroom window, scaling down the tree that stood there and took off into the night. Within a week of their leaving, the police arrived at the house and arrested the family, after receiving an anonymous tip reporting the physical and sexual abuse of the children.

Now, two years later, Ororo had done all she could to keep them safe and fed, picking up a few “skills” like pick pocketing and light shoplifting to keep them going.

Sighing, truth be told, she was tired too. She wanted nothing more than to lead a life like a “normal” teenager but that life wasn’t in the cards they were dealt. Soon after leaving the hell on earth as they called it, they learned that like Ororo, Anna was also a mutant.

Anna cried mightily that day, knowing how bad mutants were treated. Ororo, comforted her as much as she could but she knew that things just got a bit harder. She tried to keep the lessons she learned from the Denvers about God and the Bible close to her heart. But on days like that one where it seemed that life was just too hard, it felt like it would be better to give up.

When Anna calmed down and fell off to sleep, Ororo stayed awake, tears pouring from her eyes, feeling hopeless. Feeling a warm sensation on her shoulder, she looked up into the smiling face of Mrs. Denver. “Don’t fret child. He hasn’t left you. Just keep the faith.” A feeling of complete peace came over her and she drifted off to sleep. When she awoke the next day, she found that someone had left them some food and clothing outside the door. With tears in her eyes, she lifted her head and said a prayer of thanks.

After that day, though things were still hard on them, she felt optimistic that things were going to turn around soon. Now, several months later, things were looking bleak once again. Though she was still hopeful, the question was how much longer could they survive as they lived? She knew something had to change and soon.

“I’m tired too, Anna, but we have to keep on keeping on until something good happens,” she replied, touching her head lightly, letting her know she was done.

“Yeah but how much longer?”

“I don’t know, sweetie. I really don’t know.”
The Club by stormlover
Chapter 3: The Club


Ororo and Anna arrived at the club early so they could find a vantage point that gave them a good view of who entered the club. From there, they would pick their marks for the night. Though not proud of their actions, they still needed to eat.

Dressed in kill in their “borrowed” dresses and flawless makeup, they blended in with the older club goers.

Ororo made a habit of wearing a wig and brown contacts to help her blend in. Tonigh’'s selection, a short chestnut color wig, enhanced the young woman’s natural beauty. She arrived at the club looking at least 23, with a fabulous dress that hugged her curves and flawless hair that fell around her face in waves, emphasizing her almond shaped eyes.

Taking her place, she sipped the cup of water she got from the bar. With eyes like a hawk, she scanned the room as it filled up with those ready to party the night away. Ororo’s eyes met her sister’s and Anna did a subtle nod toward the door. Ororo looked and smiled, seeing the group of four with 2 white men, a white woman, and a black man. Scrutinizing their outfits and body language, Ororo figured they were tourists. Glancing back at her sister, she nodded her agreement and watched as Anna left her post and blended in with the partiers, headed toward their marks.

Giving her a chance to get in place, Ororo scanned the room again before slipping from her chair. Seeing that Anna had made contact, she made her way through the crowd, headed toward the other side of the club. She noticed her sister chatting with the black male of the group a few feet from where the one of the white males and the female sat. Noticing how close they sat, Ororo figured they were a couple. Now where did the other guy get to, she wondered as she considered how to approach the group. Before she could make a decision, it was made for her.

“Excuse me, darlin’,” Logan told the beautiful young woman whose face he recognized from the briefing they had earlier with the Professor. Logan reached out and grabbed her arm, helping to steady her.

He noticed her sister immediately once he and the team walked into the club. He figured that the other girl was close by. Logan used the excuse of getting a drink to search the club for her. He noticed her a few minutes later and watched as she made her way toward the table where Remy and Rogue sat. This can’t be that easy, he thought, bumping into her.

“No, excuse me. I should have been paying attention where I was going,” she replied, shaking her hand to rid herself of her spilled drink. Luckily, most of the liquid landed on the floor instead of them. Looking up into his grey eyes, her heart skipped a beat as she got lost in them for second, not sure what had come over her.

Logan gazed down at the beautiful young woman. An immediate sense of protectiveness overcame him and he involuntarily tightened his grip on her. He knew she was the reason the Team was there but he didn’t expect to have this type of reaction to her, especially after bumping into her.

“Umm, thanks,” she replied slightly pulling away, missing the warmth of his touch immediately. Wow…he was warm, she thought, smoothing down her dress with one hand and holding her empty cup with the other.

“Don’t mention it. Can I get ya another drink?”

“Sure. A Sprite would be nice,” she replied.

“Sprite it is. It’ll be easier to order yer drink from our table. The bar was a madhouse. Would ya like to join us?

“Sure,” she said, taking a step in the direction he indicated. Logan followed closely, guiding her through the crowd, while serving as a wall to protect her from being jostled.

“Name’s Logan by the way,” he leaned over and said in her ear, to be heard over the music.

“Nice to meet you, Logan. I’m Ororo,” she replied.

“OrRo,” Logan said, struggling to pronounce her name, making her smile.

“It’s okay. Call me Ro,” she told him, leaning up toward his ear, his arm instinctively going around her waist, “So Logan, do you make it habit of bumping into girls at the club?”

“Only the beautiful ones,” he replied. Was he flirting with this girl, he thought, as Ro said thank you.

Okay, this is going to be an interesting night, Ororo thought, enjoying the feel of Logan’s arm around her waist and missing it when he dropped the hold when they got closer to the table. She couldn’t help but wonder why she was reacting the way she was. Normally, she had to fight the cringes she felt when a guy touched her but she didn’t have that same response with Logan. Weird, she thought.

When they arrived at the table, Ororo saw Anna sitting between the other two males.

“Well, well, who do we have heah?” Remy asked, giving Ororo a once over, silently admiring the beauty before him.

“I’m Ororo but you can call me Ro,” she replied, figuring it would be easier to use her nickname. She took the seat next to the female with the white streak in her hair. Logan took the seat next to her. “And you are?”

“I’m Remy, chere. Nice ta make yo ‘quaintance,” he replied smoothly, taking her hand in his and kissing it gently.

“Stop flirting, swamp rat,” the girl scowled him before turning to Ororo with a smile, “I’m Marie.”

“Nice to meet you, Marie,” Ororo said, with a slight smile. I like her, she thought before turning her attention to her sister.

“Anna. Hey girl, small world.”

“Hey Ro,” Anna replied.

“Ya know each other?” Marie asked, going along with the ploy.

“Yes, we’re in the same English class at York,” Ororo said, turning her eyes to the black male, “And you are?”

It was hard for Ororo to stomach guys near her sister but she knew it was a necessary evil. Normally, her sister would show subtle signs of nervousness but they were absence tonight. I wonder if she’s having the same type of reaction to “her” guy as I’m having to Logan, Ororo thought, watching the guy’s lips move and focused on what he was saying.

“Jibril. Nice to meet ya,” he said, reaching across and shaking her hand.

Logan watched the exchanges silently, wondering about the strange feeling he had. He had only met the woman five minutes ago but he had this irrational need to protect her. Then when their eyes met, it was like something came over him. Like nothing else mattered at that moment but her. Makes no sense, he thought, mentally shrugging off the feeling.

An hour later, the ladies got up and went to the restroom together, leaving the guys alone.

“Tink that ‘em?” Remy asked as he watched ladies make their way through the club.

“Anna for sure but I thought the other chick had white hair and blue eyes?” Jibril asked. He arrived at the Institute at the behest of his ailing grandmother who took him in after his mother put him out of the house, tired of putting out the fires her son created. Better known as Blaze, he had the ability to produce and manipulate fire.

“It’s her. She wearing a wig and contacts,” Logan said, spying the telltale signs as he sat next to her, the faint traces of blue in her eyes and the presence of a few errant white hairs on her dress.

“Did either of you find it strange that they came to us instead of us having to track them down?” Jibril asked.

“What can Remy say, de women can’t resist when Remy around,” Remy told them, flipping a coin around his fingers.

“Whatever dude. I think something’s up,” Jibril replied, rolling his eyes at his friend.

“Yeah, I don’t think so either. They got something up their sleeve,” Logan replied distractedly, his eyes searching the crowd.

Remy, always the constant observer noticed that Logan’s eyes never strayed too far from the dark beauty when she was around. Now that she was gone, he watched his friend watch the crowd, looking for the girl. Remy watched his longtime friend and knew that the man was intrigued and figured he would have a bit of fun. “Seems that Ro caught de Wolverine’s ‘tention,” Remy said, smiling over at his team leader.

“Cool it, Gumbo,” Logan growled, his eyes still trained on the crowd.

“Yeap, he got a ting fo chere alright,” Remy said, nudging Jibril who shook his head at the Cajun.

Logan growled again, a bit louder, a warning to most of his teammates. Everyone except Remy.

“Alright Remy. I would tread carefully if I was you,” Jibril told his friend.

“Listen ta what Remy tell ya. They be a couple ‘fore long,” Remy said and received a low snarl from Logan.

“Either ya shut yer trap or I’ll do it for ya,” Logan said, leaning forward so Remy could hear him clearly, his eyes flashing angrily.

“Alright, alright,” Remy said, his hands raised in surrender, “Cage the beast, mon ami. The femmes returning.”

“Ohh, Jibril, would you like to dance?” Anna asked excitedly as the DJ started the tribute to the Dirty South. Lil Jon’s Snap Yo Fingers flowed from the speakers, causing an influx of people on the dance floor.

“Fo sho,” he said making her giggle as he took her hand and lead her to the dance floor. Jibril, raised in the ATL, was very familiar with the music. He fell in with the steps from his childhood, impressing Anna. She followed him with her own, causing him to look her with appreciation as she followed him easily.

“Do you dance Logan?” Ro asked him, sipping her drink, her eyes on her sister and Jibril holding their own on the dance floor.

“Nah, not really,” he replied, looking over at her. Seeing the disappointment in her eyes, he shocked himself when he added, “But if ya want, we can give it try.”

Ororo smiled and happily took Logan’s hand.

Logan ignored the shocked looks of his teammates and followed Ororo as she led him to the dance floor. What the hell did I get myself into? Logan thought watching as the crowd got crunk to the tunes of Lil Jon and the Young Bloodz.

“Don’t worry, I got you,” Ororo told him, smiling at the look on his face, “Just follow me okay?”

“Are ya seeing this, Remy?” Marie asked, having a hard time closing her mouth as she watched Logan follow as Ororo lead him through some steps.

“Yeah. This definitely blackmail material,” Remy said, pulling out his phone and taking some shots, including one with Logan looking up at frowning at him.

“Ya are losing that phone before the night’s over,” Marie replied, laughing at Logan’s expression before Ororo drew his attention back to her.

“Maybe but the pics are already on the phones of several of our classmates at the mansion, chere,” Remy replied.

“I can’t believe Logan’s dancing. Look at him,” Marie exclaimed, laughing and clapping her hands, happy that her grumpy team leader was having a good time.

Ororo was happy to see the white boy getting crunk. She knew they were drawing looks but she didn’t care. For the first time in a long time, she was having a good time. She smiled and laughed as she watched him mimic her moves. His movements were jerky at first but became fluid the longer they danced.

He shocked her a few times, changing things up on her, challenging her to follow him. Happy to oblige, she switched to the move he was doing at the moment but then followed through with one of her own.

That’s how they danced for the 20 minute tribute to the Dirty South. The crowd roared with pleasure as the opening bars of the cool down song started. Cupid’s Cupid Shuffle came through the speakers, causing people to start doing the dance where they stood.

“Watch me, okay?” Ororo yelled as she stood beside him, guiding him through the steps.

Logan couldn’t believe he was out at a club and dancing no less. He smiled back at Ororo whose enthusiasm and happiness was contagious. He could tell he shocked her with his moves. During his imprisonment, he was trained in various forms of martial arts and had to pick up the moves quickly. It was that skill of mimicry that helped him not make a fool of himself on the dance floor. And as hard as it was to believe, he was having a good time and it showed.

The DJ slowed things down so that people could catch their breath and grab something to drink. Logan, not ready to deal the teasing words and looks from his teammates, pulled Ororo to him and started leading her in a slow dance.

“Aren’t you tired?” she asked in his ear, slightly winded, happy for the slowdown and his strong arm.

“Not yet. You?”

“I can hang as long as you can,” she replied, knowing that end of the slow dance was the best time to make her move. She was sure her sister was thinking the same thing, as she spied her hugged up with Jibril a few feet away.

“For someone not really into dancing, you sure can move,” Ororo said in his ear.

“I had a good teacher,” he replied, adjusting his arms around her waist, pulling her closer.

“Oh really? They should be commended,” she told him, making him smile, “So do you go to clubs often?”

“Nope. Not really my scene.”

“Okay. So you don’t dance and clubs aren’t really your scene and yet here you are, in a club dancing with me,” she said, leaning back to look at him, cocking her head to the side, “So I have to ask, why are you here?”

“My job,” he replied vaguely.

“What kind of job sends you to a club?” she asked, “You a music producer?”

Logan chuckled and shook his head, taking the opportunity to push her away and turn her.

Whoa, watch out now, she thought, giggling as she went twirling.

“I work at a school and my Professor sent me here on a recruiting trip,” he replied as he pulled her back to him.

“So did you meet with the recruits?”

“Ya can say that,” he said, “But I’m not sure they ready to make the move.”

“Oh. Maybe if you spend some more time with them, they will be willing to come to your school,” she suggested.

“Yeah, I hope so,” Logan replied, “What year are ya at York?”

“I’m a sophomore,” she told him. Up until that question, she smelled faintly of vanilla and shea butter. But his question seemed to make her nervous, changing her smell a bit, leading him to believe she wasn’t telling the truth.

“Really? What ya gonna do after ya graduate?”

“I don’t know, teach maybe. I really like school and would like to stay in them as long as I can,” she replied, looking over at her sister who gave her the signal to let her know she had hit her mark. She saw the lights dimming and knew that her time had come.

“Logan, it’s been a pleasure but my ride is summoning me. Thanks for the dance and the drink,” she said, giving him a tight hug and lingering kiss on the cheek, “I’ll see you around.”

She stepped away and was swallowed into the crowd before Logan could mutter a word. Shit, he thought as he looked after her, touching the cheek she kissed softly. Confused by his quick attraction to this girl, he made his way over to the table where Remy was standing, an angry look on his face.

“Why didn’t ya answer yer comlink?” Remy asked, his red eyes blazing.

“What? It didn’t,” Logan said, gazing down at his bare arm, the indention of his watch/comlink still visible on his tanned skin.

“Fuck,” Logan said, taking off with his team in hot pursuit. So that’s her angle. Find a mark and rob him blind. Well, I ain’t the one, he thought angrily, going through the crowd as quickly as he could, ignoring the comments behind him.

“Logan, slow down,” Marie called out, struggling to make it through the crowd without people touching her skin. Remy slowed down so he could stay with her. Catching Jibril’s eye, Remy nodded, telling him to go on pursuing Logan.

Nodding back, Jibril kept up the pursuit of the feral mutant. By the time he arrived to the club’s front door, Logan was nowhere in sight.
The Alley by stormlover
Chapter 4: The Alley


“You think he noticed his stuff missing,” Anna asked Ororo as they made their way to their safe house so they could count their take.

“I don’t think so,” Ororo responded distractedly as they ducked inside.

“Ro,” Anna said.

“Huh?” Ororo said, looking through the dirty window out to the street.

“It’s just a job remember? Nothing personal, right?” Anna told her, saying her words back to her whenever Anna felt a pang of something for their mark.

“Yeah but he was cool for a white boy, you know?” she said, leaving the window and joining her sister, “He was different somehow and when we danced, he had some serious moves.”

“Yeah, I liked Jibril too but what you always say,” she told her, looking up at her as she took the cash out of the wallet, “Benjamins before Benjamin.”

Ororo smiled at her sister’s mention of their mantra when it came to guys. Though she had no problems with this ideology in the past, somehow tonight, she was struggling. She looked down at the watch and wallet in her lap. Opening it, she gasped when she saw the amount of money in it. She counted fifteen one hundred dollar bills.

“What?” Anna said, leaning over to look. She gasped as watched her sister leaf through the large bills. “Cha-ching!!”

“No, we have to give it back,” she said, pulling a few of the bills out. She knew she had to return the wallet somehow. Grabbing a scrap piece of paper, she wrote a message on it and put it in the wallet with the money.

“You’re kidding right?” Anna asked, watching her sister’s movements.

“No, I’m not,” she said, just as a voice came through the watch.

“Chere, this be Remy from de club. Ah advise ya to return what ya took. Logan not one ta play with and he lookin’ for ya now. And he will find ya.”

“Ro, what are we going to do?” Anna asked, looking fearfully from the watch to her sister.

If they know who took it, why not call the cops? Ororo thought, trying to come up with a plan.

Making a decision, she said, “Take this and give me the wallet.” Ororo handed her sister the money she took from Logan’s wallet and took Jibril’s wallet from her, “Now go out the back and meet me at the spot.”

“Oh, hell naw,” Anna yelled and was immediately shushed by Ro, “You said we would never split up.”

“We are not splitting up. I need you to be safe and the only way that can happen is to keep you out of sight. If I’m not at the spot in 30 minutes, call Paul.”

“Ro,” Anna said, tearing up a bit.

“Anna, please just do what I asked you to do,” Ororo said, giving her sister a tight hug and quick kiss, “Don’t worry. I’ll be right behind you.”

*~*~*~*~*


Ororo stepped out of the safe house and was immediately grabbed from behind.

“Let me go,” she cried out, fighting to control her mutant power.

“Not ‘til ya return what ya took from me,” Logan snarled in her ear, feeling humiliated and hating the feeling.

“I can’t, not with you holding my arms,” she replied, relaxing a bit but still on guard.

“There,” he said, loosening his grip on her, giving her room to move her hands. She lifted them and quickly broke his hold, thrusting her butt into his midsection, pushing him back from her.

Shocked, Logan watched as Ororo took a few steps away and stood in a defensive posture, holding the wallets and his comlink in her hands.

“Here’s your stuff,” she replied, tossing them to him.

Logan caught his watch and glanced down at wallets that fell at his feet. When he looked back at her, he saw her running down the alley. Growling, he picked up the stuff and chased after her, closing in on her quickly. He leaped and tackled her, landing roughly on the ground.

“Get offa me,” she told him, struggling against his hold.

“Not ‘til ya tell me why ya ripped me off. Now we can do this the hard way,” he growled in her ear, squeezing her tight to emphasize his point, “Or we can do it the easy way. Yer choice.”

“Easy,” she said, sounding defeated. As soon as he pulled her up, she threw her head back hard, hitting him in the nose, causing him to release her. She rounded with a high kick but he blocked it, wiping the blood from his nose.

The next thing Ororo knew, she was on her back and Logan was on top of her, pinning her to the ground. She looked up into his face, briefly distracted again by his eyes. Falling prey to her thoughts and hoping this catch him off guard, she kissed him, causing him to look at her with wide eyes.

Effectively distracting him, using all the strength she could muster, she lifted the lower half of her body, throwing him off balance and rolled, she straddling him. He frowned and grabbed her, flipping her on her back again. They stared at each other, both breathing hard, surprised by what the other did.

“We can do this all night, darlin’ but I don’t think yer dress or wig was made for fightin’,” he replied, noticing the tears in her dress and the way her wig sat askew on her head, “Let’s talk.”

After a minute, she nodded and he stood, holding out his hand.

She allowed him to help her to her feet and suddenly, she punched him hard in his shoulder.

“That’s for grabbing me. You scared the mess out of me,” she replied, shaking her hand a bit before adjusting her clothes and wig and he watched.

“Ya had it coming,” he growled, not appreciating the hit, “Tell me why ya did it.”

“Tell me why you didn’t call the cops.” she countered, her arms crossed in front of her breathing heavily.

“I knew I could handle it,” he replied honestly, absently rubbing his shoulder, impressed at the strength of her hit. She’s stronger than she looks, he thought.

“Oh, I guess you figured you would come and rough me up a bit,” she replied, her hands going to her hips, “Got a rude awakening huh?”

“Yeah,” he replied, enthralled by her moves and heart, “But ya didn’t answer my question.”

“I needed it,” she replied softly, her bravado deflating.

“Why didn’t ya just ask for it?”

She chuckled humorlessly, looking up at him like he was crazy. “Yeah, you’re definitely not from around here,” she told him, “People just don’t go around giving people they don’t know money. Things like that might happen where you’re from, but not around here.”

“How‘d ya know if ya don’t try?” he asked, taking a tentative step closer to her.

“Don’t worry, I’m not going to hit you again,” she said, watching his slow approach, as she wrapped her arms around herself.

“Alright, so tell me,” he said, ignoring the calls of his friends over his comlink. When he saw her look down at it, he replied, “They can wait.”

She looked deep in his eyes and sensed that he was being sincere. A little voice said Tell him. Heeding the voice, she took a deep breath.

“What was I suppose to say, Logan,” she began, taking a step back to put a bit of space between them, “Hi, my name is Ororo and I’m homeless. Can you buy me a drink and maybe a bite to eat because I haven’t eaten since yesterday? Can you give me a few dollars to help me support my sister?”

He watched her, not sure what to say.

“Depressing, right? Not really something to bring up in casual conversation with someone you just met,” she replied, turning to face him, taking in the sad look on his face. After a minute she said, “I didn’t take all of it.” She nodded to his wallet.

“Ro, I,” Logan began, taking a step toward her and softly touching her shoulder, but was interrupted when Anna came running down the alley.

“Leave my sister alone!!” she yelled at Logan, brandishing a metal pipe. Logan turned in time for the pipe to connect with the side of his head, knocking him off his feet. He landed with a sickening, metallic thud, hitting his head on the ground.

“Oh my God, Anna. What did you do?” Ororo yelled up at her as she knelt beside Logan, watching the blood run from the gash at his temple.

“I thought,” she said but stopped, gasping as the wound closed on its own. The only proof anything happened was the blood that covered the spot.

“Did you see that?” Anna said, kneeling on the other side of Logan.

“Yes. I’m guessing he’s a mutant too,” Ororo replied, looking up at her sister angrily.

“I thought he was attacking you.”

“We were having a conversation,” Ororo replied, pulling off Logan’s watch and examined it, looking for a button so she could respond to the voices that came through it. She hit a button and said hello.

“Dammit Logan, where the fuck you at, man?” Jibril said angrily.

“This isn’t Logan. He’s hurt. You have come to quick,” Ororo said into the watch, “He’s in the alley behind the laundromat, four blocks east of the club.”

“Are we just going to leave him?” Anna asked, looking at her sister as they both stood.

“No, we are going to wait until they get here and then we’ll leave.”

“How? You don’t really think they are going to let us walk away when we hurt their friend?”

“No. They won’t see us,” Ororo replied, looking up as they heard a car approaching, “Stand over there.”

Leaning over, Ororo kissed Logan’s cheek and put his watch back on his arm as her eyes turned white. She called up a gentle wind to lift her and her sister to the fire escape above them. They watched as Remy, Marie and Jibril pulled up in a late model Dodge Charger and rushed over to their fallen friend.

“He’s out cold,” Jibril said, reaching his side first, “He got the wallets back.”

“Let’s get him to Hank,” Marie said, picking Logan up and taking him to the car.

“Yeah, let’s,” Remy replied, looking up and seeing the girls as they floated up to the roof of the building.

“What ya waiting for, Swamp Rat?” Marie called out to him, “Let’s get the hell out of heah.”
Hope by stormlover
Chapter 5: Hope


“Welcome back,” the Professor said to Logan as he entered the infirmary.

“Thanks. How long was I out?” Logan asked, sitting on the side of the bed. He absently rubbed his stomach as his body called for some much needed food.

“About thirty minutes,” Charles replied, his hands going into their trademark poise, “I take it you made contact with the girls?”

“Yeah, we did,” Logan replied, remembering the night, “But we need to move fast on this one.” Considering their situation, Logan wanted to truncate their normal timetable for Ororo and Anna.

“Why is that?” Charles asked.

“They’re livin’ on the street, stealin’ from people to survive. It’s only a matter of time before they cross the wrong person,” Logan replied, getting to his feet and taking his wallet off the table, the thought of Ororo or Anna getting hurt making him anxious.

Seeing the wallet, Charles said, “I see. Jibril mentioned that the girls stole your wallets but you were able to retrieve them?”

“Yeah,” he said, counting the bills in the wallet. Four missing, he thought and was surprised to see a handwritten IOU in the back of the wallet. He smiled to himself.

“I also heard you were dancing,” Charles said, taking in the smile on the feral mutant’s face.

“Yeah. Do whatever it takes for the mission, right?” Logan told him, “If there is nothing else, Chuck, the steak and fries they cooked tonight is calling my name.”

“Very well. So when do you want to go back to find the girls?” Charles asked, as the infirmary doors opened and Scott Summers walked in. Scott served as the full team’s leader and lead of the Alpha Team.

“Hey Logan. Heard you blew your first mission,” Scott Summers said cockily, stopping in front of them.

“Not a good time, Summers,” Logan said, not in the mood to hear his mouth. He and Summers had been bumping heads since Logan came to the mansion. First it was over some macho, alpha male bullshit but then it became a competition to see who would win the hand of the beautiful Jean Grey. Though she was older, Logan still felt he was a strong contender for her heart.

But he was wrong. Scott won her and, though older and one of the new teachers at the institute, he took every opportunity to gloat and rub Logan’s face in it. Now as pseudo equal team leaders, Scott always looked for a chance to make him look bad in front of the Professor. Like now.

“Why not? I heard that instead of getting the job done, you spent all your time dancing with the chick and got your wallet stolen in the process,” Scott said snidely, his arms crossed in front of his chest.

“Fuck off, One-Eye,” Logan growled warningly.

“Logan, calm down,” the Professor told him and waited until the mutant relaxed his stance a bit, “Scott, why are you here? Shouldn’t you and Team Alpha be in the Danger Room?”

“I came to offer Alpha’s services to complete Omega’s failed mission.”

“Why you…” Logan said, taking a step closer to Summers but stopping when the Professor lifted a hand.

“Who said the mission was a failure?” the Professor asked.

“I assumed it was, since the girls aren’t here.”

“Scott, you do know what they say about people who assume,” the Professor said, maneuvering his chair around his pupil, “Come Logan. You can tell me how you plan to complete the mission as we make our way to the kitchen.”

“See ya, One Eye,” Logan replied, chuckling as he followed the Professor.

*~*~*~*~*~*


“Are you okay?” Anna asked her sister for the fourth time since they got back to the “spot” as they called it.

“Will you quit asking me that?” Ororo replied before taking a bite of the chicken fried rice they picked up at the 24 hour Chinese Restaurant on the way home.

Home, she thought, having no desire to call the dilapidated warehouse home. They discovered the place while out scouting for a place to live. They watched the building for a few days before deciding that it would do as a temporary home base for them. They turned one of the small rooms near the restroom into a livable space. They lucked out with the place because it still had running water. Ororo was sure that someone would come to inspect the place one day but until then, it was home.

“Not until you tell me why you’re moping around? Hopefully not because of that guy you just met. You don’t owe him a damn thing. Just a job, remember?” Anna replied, pointing at her spare rib at her.

“Get that out my face,” Ororo said, swiping the rib and tossing it to the floor.

“Hey, that was mine. Why you being a bitch?” Anna asked angrily, picking up her other spare rib and taking a bite.

“I told you about calling me that,” Ororo said softly, her anger apparent in her tone.

“Then stop acting like one, especially over some white dude who just wanted to see what it was like to get it on with a black girl.”

“You don’t know that.”

“Yeah I do, he was just acting interested so he could get you somewhere so he could hit it.”

“Really? Then do I say the same thing about Jibril?”

“Nah,” Anna replied quickly, licking the sauce from her hands, “Jibril was really into me.”

“Yeah right,” Ororo replied, laughing, never able to stay mad at her sister.

“But for real, sis. What’s wrong?”

“I was thinking about Logan. He works at a school. I was wondering if we could talk to the person in charge to see if they would give me a job and let you in as a student. Maybe ask Logan to let us crash at his place for a bit until we got on our feet.”

“Yeah right. I think I’m the last person Logan wants to see after I caved his face in with that pipe,” Anna replied, sitting beside her, wanting to believe in her sister’s optimistic thoughts.

“Well, I won’t know unless I ask, right?”

“Yeah but how do you get in touch with him?”

“I think he’ll be back at the club soon.”

“Really? Why you say that?”

“Just a feeling, Anna. Just a feeling.”

*~*~*~*~*


Logan found himself driving the Charger the following night, heading back to Club Fire. He knew it was a risk to assume that Ro would be at the club but it was worth a try.

“So what’s de plan, fearless leader?” Remy asked, riding shotgun.

“Find ‘er, talk to ‘er, tell ‘er the truth and see what happens,” he replied, looking for a park in the lot adjacent to the club.

“Sometimes people can’t handle de truth,” Remy said, as they walked toward the short line. It was 10pm, still early in the world of club goers.

“Believe me, she can definitely handle it,” Logan replied, his eyes scanning the surrounding area, looking for signs of Ro or her sister.

*~*~*~*~*


“Do you really think he will be back tonight?” Anna asked as she stood next to her sister, sipping on a coke, a rarity for her.

“I hope so, especially if we want to talk to him about our idea,” she replied, sipping her Shirley Temple.

“Our idea? Naw big sister, that’s your idea. I’m not claiming that one,” she told her, kissing her cheek, “I’m going to make my rounds.”

“Alright but be careful and keep a watchful eye.”

“Don’t I always?” Anna replied, melting into the crowd.

Ororo shook her head, smiling after her sister, and continued scanning the room, hoping against all hope that Logan would show up.

“Miss me, darlin’?” he asked, startling her, the drink in her hand crashing to the floor.

“Logan,” Ororo breathed, hitting his shoulder, “Don’t do that.”

“Yeah, I know. I scared da mess out of ya,” he replied, chuckling.

“Yes you did. I can see that me having a drink while you’re around is going to be hazardous to my budget,” she replied, smiling, happy to see him.

“I guess so. Would ya like me to get ya another?”

“No, let me get you one. A friend of mine let me borrow a few dollars,” she replied turning to the bartender and ordering herself another Shirley Temple and him a coke.

“Ya remembered,” he said, taking a swallow of the cold drink.

“Yes. It’s the least I can do since you were so generous,” she replied, suddenly shy.

“Yeah, about that,” he began, finishing off the drink and taking her hand, “I have an idea on how to cash in that IOU. Care to discuss it on the dance floor?”

She grew nervous when the conversation turned to the money she “borrowed” from him. But when he asked her to dance, she couldn’t help but smile. “Yes,” she said, allowing him to help her off the stool. Still holding hands, they headed out to the dance floor.

Though the crowd around them danced in time with the up-tempo beat, Logan led Ororo in a slow dance.

“Logan, um, the song is moving a bit faster than we are. Shouldn’t we kick it up a notch?” she asked, looking around them as other club goers worked themselves into a frenzy as LL Cool J’s Headsprung blasted through the speakers. DJ MiNo was spinning on the ones and twos tonight and he was bringing down the house with the old school flava.

“Yeah but eventually the music will slow down,” he said, making her chuckle, “Besides, it’s easier to talk this way. Ya can hear me and I can hear ya.”

“Okay, you got me there,” she replied as the DJ pulled out an old school reggae song, Chaka Demus & Pliers Murder She Wrote.

“See what I mean,” he said moving a bit faster, making her laugh as she followed him, never moving too far from him.

“Now, about that IOU,” he replied as they heard a shout over the music.

“Bandit!!” a female voice cried out as an angry male voice responded.

“Anna,” Ororo told Logan, a scared look marring her face. She turned without another word and headed in the direction of the commotion, with Logan hot on her trail.

She fought her way to the center of the circle where the angry man pushed Remy who immediately closed the distance between them and punched him the face twice before the man hit the floor. Ororo rushed over to where her sister stood, tears flowing from her eyes.

“Get her out of here,” Logan shouted to her as he grabbed Remy off the guy. Logan smelled the gunpowder before he saw the gun and turned to put himself in between Remy and the guy.

Ororo’s eyes met his as she heard the gunshots and watched in horror as he and Remy fell to the ground. The guy got up and pointed the gun at her and her sister. With a flick of her wrist, she snatched the gun from his hand and sent a bolt of electricity from her fingertips, sending the man to the floor, shaking from the electric shock.

“We got to get out of here,” Remy yelled, pulling Logan to his feet as his wounds closed, the bullets falling to the floor. People had taken cover when they heard the gunshots, creating a clear path to the door.

Ororo went to Logan’s other side and put his arm around her shoulders, ignoring the heavy weight on her shoulders and the blood that seeped into her clothes. With her sister leading the way, they headed out the building and rushed to the car, barely missing the cops that screeched to a stop in front of the club.

Ororo sat in the back with Logan as Anna rode shot gun.

“Will he be alright?” Anna asked, her voice hoarse from crying.

“Yeah. Takes him a minute to bounce back,” Remy replied, leaving the parking lot, “Where we headed?”

Anna turned toward Ororo, who looked up when he asked the question. Ororo nodded and her sister told Remy where to go.

“Thank you Remy for protecting my sister,” Ororo replied, looking up from Logan’s face, his head cradled in her lap to the rearview mirror.

“Yeah, thank you Remy. I don’t know what I would have done if you hadn’t come to my rescue,” she whispered, her voice wavering a bit, fighting back tears.

“Ya okay, petite?” Remy looked over at the girl.

“Yes. No,” she replied quietly, sniffing a bit, her face turned to the window.

It made Ororo angry to hear her sister cry but she knew they were safe. At least for the moment.

“Shh, petite. It be okay,” Remy said, reaching out and patting her hand comfortingly. She looked over at him and gave him a small smile.

“Remy just hates that Logan got hurt in the fight. But Remy grateful though. He saved Remy’s life,” Remy said, his eyes back on the road.

“Gotta look out for my peeps,” Logan said huskily. Ororo looked down and smiled down at him as he gazed up at her.

“How you doing?” she asked, softly touching his cheek.

“Tired but okay. What about ya? Ya’ll alright?” Logan asked, sitting up, immediately missing the warmth of Ro’s lap and her touch.

“We’re fine,” Ororo replied.

“Fine?! That be an understatement. This fille laid ole boy on his back!” Remy said proudly, turning at the traffic light as Anna directed.

“Really?” Logan asked, looking over at Ororo who shrugged slightly.

“He shot you and was about to shoot me and my sister. I did what I had to do,” she replied as they stopped in front of their home.

Ororo looked away from Logan’s face, not wanting to see the look on his face as he gazed at the warehouse.

“This is home?” Remy asked, shocked. Logan didn’t share what Ororo told him with the rest of the team.

“For now. It’s dry and keeps us warm at night,” Ororo replied quickly, reaching for the door, “Thanks for the lift.”

“Ro, wait,” Logan said, reaching out and grabbing her hand, stilling her movements.

“Ya don’t have to live this way,” he told her, his words stopping Anna’s movements.

“What do you mean?” Ororo asked, her mind racing, unsure what his words meant.

“Remember the recruiting trip I told ya about?”

“Yeah, so?” Ororo replied.

“We were sent to recruit ya,” Remy said, turning off the ignition.

“What? How did you know about us?” Anna replied, turning in her seat, looking from Remy to Logan.

“It’s a long story but the general gist is we’re students at a school fer mutants,” Logan replied, still holding Ororo’s hand, watching her face for her reaction, “We have a machine that helps us identify and locate humans with the X gene. We seek them out and offer them a place at our school in exchange fer their assistance in helping us fight fer mutant rights.”

“Why didn’t you tell us this yesterday?” Ororo asked.

“It’s not really something you tell someone when you first met them,” he replied, repeating her words back to her, making her smile.

“Okay, say we believe this crazy story ya’ll just told us,” Anna replied, glancing back at her sister before looking at Logan and Remy, “What do we get if we say yes? I mean, is there a check that comes along with this or are we just being drafted?”

“Well, you’ll be living in a mansion with all the food ya can eat, going to school and learning how to control yer gifts,” Logan replied.

“Plus, there be tennis courts, rec rooms, two libraries, a lake, a pool,” Remy said, stopping when he heard Anna make a noise.

“Okay, I’m sold. You had me when you said mansion, lake and pool,” she replied, her eyes shining excitedly, “Ro, what do you say?”

Ororo looked up when she heard her name and saw the excitement in her sister’s tearstained face. The memory of their conversation from earlier flashed in her mind as well as the incident at the club. She hated seeing that scared look on Anna’s face and knew what happened at the club was proof that something had to change, before either one of them got hurt or worse.

But now that the something had manifested, Ororo was unsure. Things sounded too good to be true. She looked down at her hand, swallowed by Logan’s large one and looked over at him when he said her name. She felt the eyes of the others on her but she could not bring herself to meet their stares.

“I need to go. Excuse me,” she said, hurriedly, opening the door, simultaneously extracting her hand from his grasp.

“Ro!” Logan called out, opening his door and hurrying around it, following her as she walked purposefully toward the building.

“Ro,” Anna said and went to open the door but Remy touched her arm.

“Wait, petite. Let Logan talk to ‘er first,” Remy said softly and surprisingly Anna stayed put. Normally she didn’t like being told what to do by anyone other than Ro but she felt she owed Remy for saving her ass back at the club.

When he stepped in and gently pushed her behind him, she immediately thought that was a big brother move. She appreciated it and it made her feel like she could trust him, which for her was a big deal because she didn’t trust anyone but Ro.

She and Ro had been through a lot together and though they didn’t share the same blood, they were still sisters and she would be damned if she let anyone hurt her. With that thought, she kept her eyes trained on Logan as he jogged to catch up with her sister.

“Ororo, wait,” he said, catching up with her and grabbing her arm. When he turned her to face him, he saw the tears in her eyes. “Why did ya run?”

“How do I know what you’re telling us is the truth?” she said angrily, tears spilling down her face, knowing what was going to happen next. The skies grew darker as a gentle rain began to fall from the clouds.

“Why would I lie to ya? Especially after all we’ve been through in the last two days?” he asked, holding her arms loosely.

“We’ve been lied to before. They said they came to help but all they really wanted to do was to turn us out and put us on the street,” she said, crying harder, afraid of the making the wrong choice again. She wanted so much to believe him. She wanted to believe that God had heard her prayers and was using Logan to answer them.

“Ororo, think about it, darlin’. Why would I come back after ya ripped me off and yo sister knocked me out cold if I was just trying to put ya on the street?” he asked, ignoring the water that fell into his eyes, “Considering how ya nearly kicked my ass and the way yo sister swings, I would be signing my death certificate if I was considering doing anything that would piss ya off.”

He saw her slight smile and lifted her chin so he could look her in his eyes.

“Let me help ya. Let us help ya,” he amended, hearing Remy and Anna approach them.

“Please Ro, we just talked about this this morning,” Anna said, going to stand by her sister, having heard the last thing Logan said to her. He dropped his hold on Ororo and took a step back, giving the sisters space.

“But what if it’s a trick like last time? Don’t you remember what happened?” Ororo whispered, the rain coming down a bit harder, soaking them.

“It won’t be. Remember what you told me this morning? I believe this is God’s answer to your prayer,” she said, her sister’s eyes widening when she mentioned God’s name, “Yeah, I said it.”

Ororo shook her head, not believing her sister who always fought against the idea of God and didn’t believe He existed, was standing in front of her saying the situation was what Ororo hoped.

“We need to do this,” Anna continued, hugging her sister tight, her own tears camouflaged by the rain that covered her face. Pulling away, Anna wiped her sister’s face, taking on the role as comforter. Leaning in, she whispered, “And besides if it’s not on the up and up, you can zap them.”

Ororo laughed and swatted at her sister, who ducked the lick. “Can we got get our stuff now? Cause you know how I am about large bodies of water?”

“Yes,” Ororo said, making Anna squeal with joy, hugging her sister tightly.

“Come on, ya’ll. You can help us grab our stuff.”
Stepping Out on Faith by stormlover
Chapter 6: Stepping Out on Faith


Remy rode shot gun as Logan drove them from the city. Ororo sat next to her sister, both of them looking out of their respective windows, watching the shadowy scenery pass in a blur. Ororo couldn’t help but wonder what life would be like for them now.

She looked over at Anna and noticed that she was chewing on her fingernails, something she did when she was nervous. Glancing down at her dress, Ororo thought they needed to stop at a WalMart so they could pick up a few things including sensible dresses so they could make a good first impression.

“Logan, would you mind stopping at a WalMart? We need to pick up a few things,” she requested, catching his eye in the rearview mirror.

“Sure, darlin’,” he said, with a smile, turning his eyes back to the road.

Remy looked over at his normally surly teammate and was surprised to see his normally scowling face, relaxed with a slight smile.

If Remy didn’t know bettah, de Wolverine done caught feelin’s for the fille, he thought turning his gaze back to the road.

Seeing a sign, Logan took the designated exit and guided the car to the 24 hour retail giant. He found a park near the entrance and pulled in.

“Thanks,” Ororo said, “You guys going in?”

“Naw. Imma stay put. Gumbo?” Logan replied, turning off the ignition.

“Remy be good. Have fun mon amis,” he told them, slumping down in the chair, the late hour catching up with him.

“Okay. Be right back,” she replied, as Anna got out the car and Ororo followed suit.

They had gotten a few feet from the door when Logan called her name. She turned to see him jogging toward her.

“Go ahead. I’ll meet you in the clothing area,” Ororo told Anna who nodded and walked inside.

“Take this,” he said, taking her hand and placing some folded money in her hand.

“Logan, I can’t,” she whispered, not wanting to be heard by the people entering and leaving the store, “I don’t know when I will be able to pay you back.”

“Ya won’t have too,” he replied, closing her hand over the money.

“And why not?”

“It’s a gift from me to ya and Anna,” he replied.

“But,” she began, looking down at her hand and back up to his face, her eyes glistening.

“But nothin’, darlin’. Take it and use it for whatever ya need,” he replied, “We’ll be waiting for ya.” He started towards the car. He stopped when she called his name and when he turned, she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed his cheek softly.

“Thank you so much,” she replied, her voice wavering, the threat of rain imminent. He held her in his arms for a moment before releasing her and gently pushing her to the door. “Yer sister’s waiting.” She nodded and headed into the store.

Logan watched her disappear into the store before heading to the car where Remy pretended to sleep.

“How much ya give ‘er?”

“Enough.”

“Ya catchin’ feelin’s for the fille?”

“Mind yer business, Cajun.”

“Ya my team leader. Ya is Remy’s business,” he replied, looking over at the scowling mutant, “We look out for one ‘nodder, ‘member ya speech?”

“Yeah, I remember.”

“So Remy followin’ orders,” he said, sitting up a bit and looking out at the front of the store, “Remy got one last question.”

“Yeah?”

“Emma?”

“Old news.”

“Emma know that?”

“Yeah.”

“Ro know?”

“We’re just friends,” Logan said, leaning his head against the head rest.

“Yeah, friends like me and Marie,” Remy said, chuckling before drifting off to sleep.

*~*~*~*~*


“He gave you money?” Anna whispered as she tried on the dress she selected. They were in the dressing room of the department store with the clothes they were considering adding to their sparse wardrobe. Ororo thought they should get some new clothes and underwear, stock up on toiletries and get a few snacks with the money they “borrowed” from Logan and Jibril the night before.

“Yes,” Ororo said, trying her dress on the room they shared.

“How much?”

“I don’t know. I didn’t count it.”

“What? Why not?”

“Because I don’t plan to spend it.”

“Okay, I’m confused. We have more money than we've had in weeks and then lover boy gives you more and you haven’t counted it?” Anna asked, her voice rising.

“Shhhhh, keep your voice down. You want the whole store to know we have money?”

“No. I want to know how much he gave you,” Anna replied, crossing her arms in from of her bra clad breasts.

“We have enough for what we need,” Ororo replied, turning her back to her sister for her to zip her dress.

“But I want another outfit,” her sister whined.

“Lil’ girl, don’t start. Just because we have it doesn’t mean we have to spend it,” Ororo replied, turning to face her, cupping her cheeks in her hand.

“We don’t know what’s going to happen when we get to this mansion they’re talking about so until then, we act like we don’t have any. Capisce?” she whispered, coaxing a smile out of the young girl with her use of the word, “Now, how do I look?”

“Beautiful as always,” Anna replied, turning to her sister so she can zip her up, “Are we losing the wigs?”

Ororo hadn’t thought about the wigs or the contacts.

“Think we should?” Ororo asked, her way to gauging if her sister was comfortable with the idea.

“You always said that God accepts us as we are. So if this is God answering your prayer, then we need to go as we are, no disguises,” Anna replied, erupting in a fit of giggles when she saw Ro’s face.

“What? Just because I act like I don’t listen to you, doesn’t mean I don’t hear you,” she replied, making Ro shake her head at her.

“Girl, you are just too much. Let’s get dressed so we can change and do our hair. I’m sure the guys are wondering what’s taking so long.”

“You know Logan likes you right?” Anna asked, as the sleepy looking cashier rung up their purchases.

“No, he’s just being nice,” Ororo replied distractedly, heading into the ladies room.

“Ain’t that much niceness in the world. The man gave you more cash after you took some from him and I hit him. If that’s not the beginning of love, I don’t know what is,” Anna replied, going into the handicap stall and waiting for her sister.

“We just met yesterday. There’s no way he could like me. Like I said, he’s just being nice and friendly.”

“Yeah and I’m the prince of Egypt.”

“Okay your highness,” she replied, being silly, “And anyway, what do you know about love?”

“Girl, please. I know a thing or two about love. Just because I’m young don’t mean I don’t know what I’m talking about,” she said, zipping her sister’s dress.

“Whatever, love doctor. Hurry up so we can go,” Ororo said, stepping of out the stall and going to the sink.

She looked at herself in the mirror before looking down and removing the hair supplies from her bag. She removed the wig and the wig cap and released the pins that held her long white hair that fell past her shoulders in waves. She started brushing her hair, deepening her hair’s natural wave pattern. She added some mousse and smiled at her reflection.

“That man is liable to attack you when you walk out there,” her sister said, brushing her own chestnut brown hair.

“Why you say that?” Ororo asked, washing her hands so she could remove her contacts.

“Because we some fine ass chicks that don’t play,” Anna replied, being silly, gazing at her sister through the mirror.

“Watch your mouth,” Ororo said smiling, her blue eyes shining. She was very happy with what she saw in the mirror.

Anna didn’t like to admit it, but she was just as beautiful as Ororo, with her shoulder length hair, light brown eyes, and chocolate skin. She stood nearly as tall as Ororo which worked well when they lied about her age. Though she was only 15, she was wiser than her years, having to grow up fast while in the system and on the streets.

Ororo’s hope was that she could savage a bit of childhood for the young girl before she truly had to grow up. School was one of the things at the top of that list.

Ororo did her best to homeschool her but her own knowledge was limited. So they read as much as they could while at the local library. They were there so often, they had gotten to know the staff and had on several occasions been gifted with food and other small items when they had none. She was grateful for them and made a promise to one day return their kindness. But first, they had to see what this school for mutants was all about.

“You ready?” Anna asked, use to her sister falling into deep thought.

“Yes.”

Stepping out on faith, Ororo thought, taking a deep breath before they stepped outside.



Logan looked up and could not believe his eyes. The picture they saw at the mission briefing did neither girl justice. He nudged Remy awake and Remy sat up when he saw the girls.

“Mon dieu!”

“Yeah, my thoughts exactly,” Logan said, opening his door so he could meet them.

“May I take yer bags, ma’am?”

“Why yes, kind sir. Thank you so very much,” Ororo replied playing along.

“Here, take mine too,” Anna said before walking ahead of them, giving them a minute alone.

“She doesn’t like me, does she?” Logan asked, watching as Anna hopped in the backseat on the driver side.

“It’s not that. She’s worried that you are going to get her back for hitting you,” she replied, enjoying the wind blowing through her hair. She knew that wasn’t the reason Anna had walked ahead of them but Ororo couldn’t tell him that.

“She has nothing to worry about…at least not right now,” Logan replied, making Ororo chuckle.

“I’ll make sure to tell her,” Ororo said, tucking some hair behind her ear, “Thank you again for everything. I promise to pay you back somehow.”

“Don’t worry. I still have an IOU from ya. I’ll cash it in when I’m ready,” he told her, making her laugh then groan.

“Oh, now I’m worried,” she replied as she stood at the back of the trunk, as he opened it and set the bags inside before closing it.

“Don’t be,” he said, taking her hand, to stop her movement to the car door. She looked up at him with a question in her eyes and he couldn’t breathe. Her eyes were the color of the sea. They were like blue gems swimming in a sea of white and he had just fallen in.

“Logan,” she asked, after a few seconds of him gazing in her eyes.

“Yer beautiful,” he whispered, stroking her cheek, making her blush.

“Thank you,” she said, blushing. She heard a tap on the window and looked over to see her sister gesturing at them.

“We should go,” he said, glancing at her sister before looking back at her. Damn, what is this woman doing to me, he thought, not wanting to release her hand but knowing he had to.

“Okay, but you have to let my hand go first,” she whispered teasingly.

“Oh, right. Sorry,” he said, releasing her hand and opening her door.

I’m in trouble, he thought, making his way around to the driver side and getting in. He ignored Remy’s smirk and started the engine.

“Next stop, Xavier’s Institute for the Gifted.”
New Surroundings by stormlover
Chapter 7: New Surroundings


They arrived to the mansion at nearly 4 in the morning. Logan led the tired group through the mansion. Ororo, though exhausted, was amazed at everything she saw. They walked pass the large dining room, the lingering smell of pizza and wings made the girls stomach growl. Hearing this, Logan asked, “Ya ladies hungry?”

“I could eat,” Anna replied nonchalantly.

“Ro?”

“So could I,” Ororo replied.

“Well, ya’ll eat up. Remy heading to bed. G’nite, cheres. Logan,” he replied with a wave and disappeared down the hall.

Anna and Ororo gasped as they entered into the large dining room. The room could easily accommodate 100 people. The dining room brought to mind a coffee shop where there was a mixture of low tables near large and comfy chairs, regular size tables with normal chairs and even countertops with stools. In the middle of the hall sat a long table that could easily seat twenty people.

Logan led them through the dining room to the largest kitchen either of them had ever seen. It seemed to have everything times two. Refrigerators, microwaves, double ovens and other essential appliances. There was another large table sitting under a one of the walls of windows that could seat up to eight people.

“Have a seat. Imma make ya some of my famous sandwiches,” Logan joked, pulling open the large fridge and pulling out the ingredients.

Minutes later, he presented them each with a thick sandwich, chips, and a cup of his equally famous cherry lemonade.

“Wow…this is really good,” Anna said, savoring her first bite.

“I agree. This is delicious,” Ro replied, wiping her mouth before popping in a chip.

“Glad you like it,” he replied, taking a hearty bite and chewing mightily.

They fell into a comfortable silence, enjoying their early morning snack.

“Yum, that totally hit the spot,” Anna said sleepily, getting to her feet and going over to the sink, “Is it okay if I make some dish water?”

“Leave it. I got it,” Logan replied, finishing off the rest of his chips and the last of his drink.

“Logan, you have to let us help you with the dishes. It will go faster,” Ro replied, hiding a yawn behind her hand, “Excuse me.”

“And that’s the reason why I said leave it,” Logan said, getting to his feet, “Come on, sleepyheads. Let’s take ya to yer room.”

Logan had them to grab only what they needed for the morning, saying he would bring up the rest. He led them back toward the foyer and up the grand staircase that split into two directions. He went left.

Ororo, very conscious of her surroundings, made mental notes of the route they took to get to their room. She also made sure to know what escape routes were available in case they had to make a quick getaway. Though she didn’t think this was a place where they would need an escape plan, old habits die hard.

“Here we go,” Logan said, stopping at the seventh door on the right. He opened it and the girls gasped. The room was larger than any either of them had lived in before. The room sported two queen size beds across from each other, complete with a nightstand and five drawer bureau. Along one wall sat a wide dresser with a huge mirror.

“Here are your closets,” Logan said, opening the door to a large walk in closet, big enough for both girls to walk in and have room to move around.

“Last but not least, your bathroom,” he said, enjoying their stunned silence. He watched as they entered and Anna shrieked happily when her eyes fell on the garden tub complete with water jets. The separate shower was large enough to accommodate two adults comfortably. The sink had a double vanity with a long mirror.

“First dibs on the shower,” Anna replied, shooing them out the room and shutting the door.

“Towels are in the closet on the right,” Logan yelled through the door, chuckling. He turned to see Ororo looking over the room, softly touching the beds as if to make sure they were real.

“So, whatta ya think?” he asked, pulling out a chair at one of the desks and taking a seat.

“It’s unbelievable,” she said softly, not sure if he heard her.

“Yeah, this place does have that feel at first,” he replied, “But I didn’t show ya the best part.”

“What could top what you just showed us?” she asked, her curiosity piqued.

“Come on, I’ll show ya,” he said, taking her hand and leading her to the curtains. He pulled them back, revealing a double set of glass doors. He unlocked them and pulled them in and led her out on the balcony.

“Oh my God,” she whispered, her hand going to her mouth. She had dreamed of having a balcony where she could stand on nights like these and gaze at the stars or just be one with nature.

“So, the room okay?”

“It’s more than okay,” she replied, turning to face him, smiling brightly with tear filled eyes, “It’s more than I ever dreamed of. I can’t thank you enough for what you’ve done.”

“Just following orders,” Logan replied, suddenly unable to meet her shining eyes.

“You did more than just follow orders,” Ororo told him, stepping closer, “You could have given up after what we did to you and your teammates but you didn’t.”

“I couldn’t. Not after our conversation,” he said honestly, finally able to meet her eyes again. He was overwhelmed with the memory of holding her and wanted to do it again. “What kinda person would I be if I didn’t do something to help ya and yer sister?” he asked softly.

“Like so many others in the world.”

“Well, luckily for you, I’m cut from a different cloth,” he replied, making her smile again. I love seeing her smile, he thought, unknowingly pulling her close. He heard the shower turn off, thankfully breaking the spell that he felt had come over him as they stood out on the balcony.

“I should go,” he replied, taking a step back from her and lifting her hand to his lips for a gentle kiss.

“Okay. Will I see you tomorrow?” Ororo asked, trying to keep the disappointment out of her voice. She had enjoyed the feel of his arms again. Maybe Anna was right. Maybe I am falling for this guy, she thought

“Definitely. Tell Anna goodnight for me?”

“I will. Goodnight, Logan,” she replied, watching as he headed to the door. He pulled it open before Ororo remembered something.

“Logan,” she called out, walking toward the door.

“Yeah?”

“Will we be able to speak with the Professor tomorrow?”

“Yeah. I’ll check with ‘im. It’ll probably be sometime in the afternoon.”

“Okay. One last question “ where’s your room?”

He smiled. “The next door down,” he said, pointing to the door to the right of their room, “So if ya need anything, come get me, okay?”

“Okay,” she replied and watched as he turned toward his room. She waited until he entered his room before she went back into hers.

She found that her sister had taken the bed on the left. Ororo smiled at the young woman before leaning down and kissing her cheek softly.

She headed to the bathroom so she could take her own shower and was refreshed after standing under the tantalizing spray of hot water for a solid 15 minutes. After another 30 minutes in the shower, she got out and put on her pajamas. Removing the towel from her hair, she went to the balcony and summoned a gentle breeze to dry her wet hair. Sighing contently, she said a prayer of thanks while gazing up at the sky.

Turning to head back in, she thought she heard angry voices in the room next door. She stopped but didn’t hear anything again. Shrugging her shoulders, she headed to her bed and got in. She snuggled down under the covers, enjoying the softness.

It had been years since they had slept in a real bed and she wanted nothing more but to fall fast asleep in its cushions but she was too excited. And anxious. Anxious about their new surroundings. Anxious about meeting the Professor. Anxious about the feelings for Logan that she shouldn’t have but how can you not have feelings for a man who has shown such compassion. Even after suffering from their mistreatment and then, to top it off, giving her more money?

Yeah, she definitely had to find a way to pay him back. That’s why she was so nervous about meeting the Professor. She wanted to make a good impression, see if there was an opportunity for her to earn some money and she wanted to ensure their place at the mansion.

“Ro,” her sister said timidly, interrupting her thoughts, “Can I sleep with you?”

“Come on,” she replied, pulling back the cover so her sister could join her, adjusting her position so she could cradle her. They had slept together to keep warm for so long that Ororo figured that sleeping alone in a bed would take some getting use too. There could be worse things, Ororo thought, snuggling with her sister who had fallen right back to sleep with a contented sigh.

*~*~*~*~*~*


Logan stepped into his bedroom, knowing he wasn’t alone. He had smelled her after he left Ororo’s room. He was too tired to deal with whatever drama she was about to start.

“Not in the mood, Emma,” he told her, taking off his watch and pulling out his wallet. He placed them on his dresser, ignoring her near nakedness as she lounge on his bed.

“Where have you been?”

“None of yer business. Maybe ya should ask Shaw that question,” he told her angrily. He and Emma had been dating for the past two years. That is until he found out she was cheating on him with Sebastian Shaw.

He had loved this woman and had even gone so far as to go ring shopping, thinking that she was the one he would spend the rest of his life with. He had even grown to love her scent but one night while they were embracing, he smelled a different one. The animal in him readily recognize the smell of sex and the scent of another male. He fought the growl that rumbled in his throat and feigned a headache as an excuse to not sleep with her.

That was several months ago. When he asked her about the smell, she played it off and said that the guy she hugged must have just finished having sex or something. Then she played the guilt card and turned on the water works, knowing that it would get him every time. So he decided to give her another chance. And another. And another. Then everything came to a head one night, two months ago.

The mansion’s residents were having a couple's only movie marathon in the rec room. Shaw decided he wanted some sex and wouldn’t take no for an answer. He came to the mansion and asked for her. He was invited in and when Logan smelled the scent, he went ballistic, going after Shaw. His friends grabbed him before he made contact with the guy. Shaw, unfazed by Logan’s angry display, called out to Emma.

She looked back at Logan with an apologetic look and walked slowly toward Shaw. Logan couldn’t believe his eyes and roared, throwing off his friends, his eyes solid black. Shaw put Emma behind him to protect her when Logan charged them. He was brought down telepathically by Charles, leaving him unconscious for the night. When he awoke the next morning, Emma was at his side like the night never happened.

Since then, his heart had hardened toward her to the point where it sickened him to be in the same room with her. He went from loving the woman with all his heart to hating the sight of her.

“Logan, we’ve always been able to resolve our issues like this,” she told him, getting to her feet and going over to him, hugging him from behind.

“Yeah. That was before I knew Shaw was getting what I thought was mine,” he replied, grabbing her hands, “Now if ya don’t mind, I need to get some sleep.” He dropped her hands and headed over to his door.

“How many times do I have to tell you that it was a mistake and that I am sorry?” she replied.

Unable to hold back anymore, he turned and stalked toward her so quickly, she took a step backward, nearly falling on her ass.

“If it was such a mistake, then why did ya do it five more times?” he asked, taking in the shocked look on her face, “Did ya really think I didn’t know? The nose knows, darlin’. I can tell ya dates and even the time of the day if ya need me to refresh yer memory.”

“Then why didn’t you say something?” she asked hotly.

“What did ya want me to say, Emma? Please don’t fuck the guy. Don’t ya know how much I love ya?” Logan asked, looking at her, “I didn’t think I had too, especially if ya loved me as much as ya claimed ya did.”

“But Logan, I do love you,” she replied, closing the distance between them again, standing in front of him, taking his hands in her.

“The feeling ain’t mutual, now get out,” he replied, escorting her to the door.

“This isn’t over, Logan,” Emma threatened and Logan scoffed.

“It was over when ya went to Shaw that night, Emma. Ain’t no turning back from that,” Logan told her, closing the door in her face.

He looked at the clock and saw it read 7am. He got in the bed and tried to find something that would soothe his angry mind enough so that he could get a couple of hours of sleep. Ororo’s face flashed before his mind and he smiled.

In spite of everything that went wrong, Logan found joy in the things that went right. He found Ororo to be engaging, funny, caring, loyal, and a fierce warrior. Though it confused him to have such a strong reaction to a woman he just met, he couldn’t help it. It wasn’t every day that a girl will have you dancing and having a good time one minute then shocks the shit out of you when she breaks out of a restraining hold.

Thinking of their tussle in the alley, he got out of bed, deciding that sleep wouldn’t come. He went to the balcony and opened the doors, wondering if she would be willing to train with him to fine tune her skills. She was good enough that with a bit of training, she could easily become a part of the team.

“Shouldn’t you be in the bed asleep?” he smiled when he heard her speak.

“I could ask ya the same thing.”

“It’s a new place. It’s going to take some getting use too,” Ororo replied.

“Anna having the same problem?” he asked, leaning on the banister on the side closest to Ororo.

“Please. That girl could sleep anywhere and through anything if she was sleepy enough,” Ororo chuckled, “And she’s sleepy enough.”

“And yer not?”

“I am but I’m too excited and nervous at the same time,” she said, looking at him and then gazing out over the grounds, “If you had told me two days after meeting you we would be sleeping in a mansion, I would have thought you were nuts.”

“Hence the reason why it wasn’t one of the first things I told ya,” he said. She easy to talk too, he thought, comparing their conversations to ones he’s had with Emma.

“True but it feels like such a long time ago,” she told him, leaning closer to him, separated by four feet of space that lead to a two story drop to the ground, “I really can’t thank you enough.”

“Ya don’t have to thank me. Thank ya for coming. I mean ya still coulda thought we were nuts but ya took a chance and I’m glad ya did.”

“No, you’re the one who took the chance. You didn’t know me from Eve but yet you came back, looking for us. Not to get the money back but to offer me and my sister a safe place to go. I know it was God who did it and I’m glad he sent you as our angel,” she told him, feeling a bit weepy, a tear sliding down her face.

Logan didn’t know what to say. He had been called many things but angel definitely wasn’t one of them. And he didn’t know how to take it so he was silently happy when Anna stuck her head out, interrupting them.

“Nobody thanked me. I had as much input into the decision as Ro did. Don’t I get a thank you?” she said, pouting, making her sister laugh.

“Thank ya, Anna for coming along,” Logan replied, chuckling, “And to show ya how thankful I am, how about I get the Cajun to whip up some of his infamous French toast for breakfast?”

“The Cajun?” Ororo asked, a confused look on her face.

“Nickname for Remy,” he replied.

“Oh,” the sisters said in unison.

“Anyway, I can live with that. Imma go get ready,” she replied, heading back in the room, making them laugh again.

“That Anna really is something,” Logan said, standing up.

“She is,” Ororo replied, standing up as well.

“I’m going to call the Cajun and make good on my promise,” Logan said, “I’ll come and get ya in an hour, okay?”

“Okay. See you in an hour, Logan.”
The Professor by stormlover
Chapter 8: The Professor

True to his word, Logan knocked on their door at the appointed time and Anna opened it excitedly.

“Hey Logan,” she greeted him, opening the door so he could come in.

“Hey Anna. Nice dress,” he complimented her, making her blush.

“Thanks. Ro picked it out. So do we get to see the Professor?” she asked hurriedly.

“Yeah. We’ll see him after breakfast and then ya get the grand tour of the place,” he replied, taking a seat at the desk.

“Ro’s almost done,” she told him just as the bathroom door opened and Ororo stepped out in a tasteful blue dress with a wide black belt and black shoes. The outfit said professional yet comfortable. She had pulled her hair away from her face with blue barrettes.

“Am I late?” Ororo asked, a worried look on her face.

“No, right on time. Ya ready?” he asked, taking in her appearance. There was no doubt about it, the girl was beautiful. Logan knew that if he wasn’t careful, he would easily fall for her, if he hadn’t already.

“Yes. Are our outfits okay for our meeting with the Professor?” she asked.

“Absolutely,” he replied, getting to his feet and approaching the sisters, “And I’m the luckiest man in the mansion right now.” Logan took their hands and led them to the door.

“Why is that?” Anna asked, giggling at the attention.

“Because I get to escort two of the best looking ladies this place has ever seen. Shall we?” he asked, bowing slightly and stepping aside so they could exit the room.

“We shall,” Ororo said, smiling as he took her hand and wrapped it around his arm and did the same with her sister and led them to the dining room.

They could hear the noise long before they got to the door. Entering the room, the noise level decreased noticeably as Logan and the two beautiful black women walked in.

“There they be,” Remy said emerging from the kitchen, a towel on his shoulder. Rogue followed behind him, a smile creasing her face.

“Hey Sugah. How ya’ll doing?”

“Hey Rogue. We’re good, how are you?” Ororo asked. She was happy to see her smiling face. The sudden silence in the room made her nervous.

“Can’t complain. Come on, take a load off. Yo breakfast be ready in a few,” Rogue replied, “Logan, why don’t ya do intros while Remy and I finish up?”

“Okay,” Logan began, “Ororo and Anna,” he said, gesturing to the woman as he called her name, “Meet Kitty, Peter, Kurt, Allison, Jubilee, Bobby, and Emma. You already know Jibril, Remy and Rogue.”

A chorus of hellos greeted the girls. Ororo looked over the faces and smiled. Some people smiled back at her while others nodded. Everyone was friendly except for the girl in white.

“It’s okay if you don’t remember our names,” Kitty replied, “I’m sure it’s a lot to take in on your first day.”

“Yeah, we’ve all been there. It took me a week to figure out how to get around the mansion,” Bobby said.

“Bobby, that’s not saying much. It took you a long time to realize that Logan was Wolverine’s real name,” Kitty replied, making others laugh.

“Kitty…I told you that in confidence,” Bobby exclaimed, making the others laugh again at his feigned pout.

“Anyway,” Rogue said, rolling her eyes at her teammates as she set platters of eggs and bacon in the center of the table, “Anna, sugah, how did ya sleep?”

“Like a log,” Anna replied, hungrily eyeing the platters of food. Remy followed with two platters of the infamous French toast. Everything smelled so good.

“What ‘bout you, Ro?” Remy asked, taking the seat on the other side of Anna. Ororo was sandwiched between her sister and Logan.

“I got a few hours. Sometimes it’s hard to get comfortable in new surroundings,” she replied.

“Don’t worry. It’ll feel like home before ya know it,” Logan said, reassuringly, drawing a frown from the girl in white.

What is her problem? Ororo thought as she watched everyone begin to take food from the platters. She took her sister’s hand and they lowered their head and said a silent prayer. When Ororo looked up, she noticed others looking at her with quizzical looks before quickly glancing away.

“So where are you from?” the girl in white asked.

“From the city,” Anna replied, adding French toast to her plate.

“Where in the city? Brooklyn, Queens? Skid Row?”

“Emma, don’t start,” Rogue told her.

“Don’t start what, Rogue dear? I’m just trying to figure out the back story of our newest additions here,” she replied, wiping her mouth with her napkin. She turned her eyes to Ororo and Anna and continued, “We do have a right of knowing who we are sharing a house with, do we not?”

“Then why don’t you tell us about what’s going on with you and Sebastian Shaw?” Kitty replied, “I mean that’s something we haven’t discussed and like, inquiring minds would like to know.” Kitty looked up to Logan like a brother and it pissed her off that Emma cheated on him.

“That’s none of your business,” Emma replied hotly, her face becoming flush.

“Right, neither is their backstory ‘til they ready ta share, so drop it,” Rogue replied angrily, feeling protective of the girls. She knew what Emma was trying to do because Emma did the same thing to her when she came to live at the mansion. Rogue refused to allow her to do it to Anna and Ororo.

“Well, well. The southern belle has finally learned to stand up for herself. Intriguing,” Emma said haughtily, getting to her feet, “This has been fun but I think I have had my fill. Logan, may I speak with you for a moment?”

“I’m busy,” Logan replied simply, not looking up at her.

“When do you think you will be available?”

“Don’t know. Find me later,” he replied dismissively.

Emma gazed at him angrily and turned away in a huff, nearly colliding with Scott as he, Jean, and Hank entered the dining room.

“Whoa, Emma. Where’s the fire?” Scott asked, grabbing her arm to steady her.

“My apologies, Scott. I just remembered I needed to do something,” she replied, sliding her arm from his grasp and going around them and out the door.

“What’s her problem?” he asked his colleagues as they headed to the table.

“Not sure,” Jean replied, “Good morning all.”

Everyone greeted them.

“And who do we have here?” Hank McCoy, the resident physician asked, looking at the two chocolate beauties seated at the table.

“Anna and Ororo. They arrived last night,” Kitty supplied.

“Ah! So they accepted the invitation extended to them by the Omega Team. Splendid! Welcome to our humble home,” Hank greeted them, “I am Dr. Hank McCoy also known as Beast. I’m the physician here at the school.”

“Thank you, sir. It’s a beautiful home,” Anna replied, making her sister proud.

“I’m Jean Grey and this is Scott Summers,” Jean said, wrapping a possessive hand around Scott’s arm.

Ororo noticed Jean’s possessive move and smirked as she took a sip of her juice. She could tell that she and her sister would have problems with Emma and Jean. She planned to get more information about the women when she could and warn Anna to be weary of the two. She sighed, thinking if it wasn’t one thing, it was another but she had faith that everything will be alright. Even if they had to deal with a few catty women.

“Ya okay, Ro?” Logan asked, whispering so only she could hear. He had heard her sigh and wondered what caused it.

“I’m fine. Just taking it all in.”

“If ya need a moment to adjust, let me know. We can meet with the Prof later,” he said, concerned.

Hearing the sincerity in his voice, Ororo smiled at her friend and touched his hand. “No, I do not want to postpone the meeting. I would like to get it done,” she replied.

“Okay. Just let me know when yer ready. He’s ready whenever ya are.”

“I’m ready and I think Anna is as well,” she said, looking over at her sister who was engaged in conversation with Kitty and Peter, “But I would like to check with Remy and Rogue to see if they need assistance with cleanup.”

“Not on yer first day. There’ll be plenty of time for that later,” he replied, wiping his mouth and getting to his feet, “Come on, let’s go see the Professor.”

*~*~*~*


Ororo and Anna took a seat in front of the cherry oak antique desk that sparkled in the mid-morning sunlight that poured into the room through the floor to ceiling windows. In front of it sat an older gentleman, his bald head glistening in the sunlight. He looked up at them as they sat, thinking that their pictures didn’t do the girls’ beauty justice.

“Ororo, Anna, welcome to the Xavier School for the Gifted also known as the Xavier Institute. How was your first night with us?”

“Wonderful. Better than we could have ever imagined, sir,” Ororo replied, “And I want to thank you for inviting my sister and me into your beautiful home. Logan has been great and we truly appreciate everything he has done for us.” She looked back at Logan who winked at her, making her smile. She turned back to the Professor.

“I’m happy that you have enjoyed your stay. Let me begin by telling you a bit about us. We are a school for the gifted, gifted meaning those humans who have the X gene. This school serves as a sanctuary for gifted humans who are willing to assist in fight for mutant rights so that one day, humans and mutants can exist together peacefully. Right now, we are in the beginning of this process and there is much work to be done but we are here, trying to do what we can to assist in that movement.”

“I extended an invitation to you and your sister because a friend of mine thought that you needed my assistance.”

“If I may ask, who is the friend?” Anna asked.

“A gentleman named Paul. He is the proprietor of the club where you met Logan and the team.”

“But how did he know we were mutants?” Ororo asked.

“He didn’t. He just knew I had a school that was opening and wanted to see if there was a place for you and your sister.”

Good ole Paul, Ororo thought. Paul had served as a go to person for her and her sister since he came across them in the alley behind his club one afternoon. They had no food and were checking through the trash when he found them. He offered them access to his club and gave them food and something to drink. He also helped them with their side hustle, helping to keep them safe when he could. She was grateful for all the help he gave them. Looks like he was looking out for us even when we didn’t know it, she thought.

“Yes, he is a good man who tried to look out for you as much as he could,” Xavier replied and Ororo looked at him quizzically, making the older man smile.

“I think this is a good time to discuss our gifts,” the Professor said with a slight smile, “I am a telepath. I have the ability to read thoughts and move things with my mind.”

“Yeah right,” Anna replied, thinking this guy is loco.

“I can assure you Ms. AnnaNicole Alisha Alexander Munroe that I am not loco and that I can truly read minds.”

“What the fuck?” Anna said, quickly clamping her hand over her mouth.

“Anna,” Ororo gasped, looking at her with a stern look. Anna glanced at her and lowered her head, mumbling a soft sorry.

She quite the disciplinarian, Charles thought, watching the interaction between the sisters.

“It’s quite alright, Ororo. I’ve gotten that response before,” the Professor said, looking over their heads at Logan who smiled sheepishly, remembering the day the Professor was referring too. It was his first day and the Professor pulled the same stunt and got the same response from Logan as he did Anna.

“So, Anna,” the Professor began, trying to draw the young girl’s attention, “What are you powers?”

“What makes you think we are mutants?” Ororo asked.

“I also have the ability to locate mutants. Imagine my surprise when the two young women my friend asked me to assist were also mutants,” Charles replied amicably, “So since I have shared my own abilities, it’s only fair that you do the same.”

“Ro?” Anna asked, wanting to see if it was okay.

“Go ahead, Anna,” she replied.

“My gift is I can turn into water and can manipulate it. See,” Anna said, turning her hand into a transparent sphere of water. She changed it into different shapes, including a pair of scissors that she used to clip a sheet of paper on the Professor’s desk.

“Impressive. How did you learn to control your powers so well?” Xavier asked, amazed that the young woman had so much control over her gift.

“Ro taught me. We would practice with our powers when we finished school,” Anna replied, noticing that Logan had edged closer to them to get a better look.

“School?” the Professor asked, looking from Anna to Ororo.

“I homeschooled her at the public library several days a week so that she wouldn’t be so far behind in her studies once we got to a place where she could go to school,” Ororo replied, taking in the shocked look of the Professor.

“Interesting. I would love to hear more about that but first, tell me child, what is your gift?”

“With all due respect Professor, if you are able to read minds, why not just glean that information from my mind?”

“Because, my dear, I do not make it a habit of reading people’s thoughts without their permission,” he replied. When she gave him a look with a raised eyebrow, he chuckled, “That was done to simply illustrate a point. Also, I enjoy the company of others and would rather they freely give me the information I seek rather than me taking it from them.”

A feisty one, that one, the Professor projected to Logan.

Yes, sir, Logan replied with a smirk, proud of Ro. Logan looked up at the windows when he heard the thunder boomed outside.

“That’s odd. A storm wasn’t in today’s forecast,” the Professor said, turning to look out the window. When he turned back, he was surprised to see that Ororo’s eyes had turned completely white. A gentle breeze caressed the occupants of the room, even with the windows tightly shut. Outside, large white snowflakes fell from a cloud that hovered close to the ground, covering the space directly under it with a blanket of snow. With a wave of her hand, all the changes in the weather ceased.

“My gift is I can manipulate the weather,” Ororo replied as her eyes changed back to normal.

“Wow,” Logan replied, going over and looking out the window down at the area covered with snow.

“My thoughts exactly,” the Professor said, joining him at the window. He turned and headed around his desk and sat near the girls.

“I would like to officially offer both of you a place at the Xavier Institute for as long as you like. Before you make your decision, I would like Logan to give you the full tour of the facility and grounds as well as an explanation of how things operate. I would like to have a private dinner with you this evening to discuss your decision as well as entertain any questions you may have. Does this sound agreeable to you?”

Anna looked over at her sister and Ororo spoke. “Yes Professor. May I make one request?” Ororo responded.

“You may.”

“Can Logan join us for dinner?” she asked, looking from the Professor to Logan who looked surprised.

“I am fine with it if he is,” the Professor replied, hiding a smiling behind a slight cough.

Logan was surprised by the request. He looked at Ororo and he could see the question in her eyes. He knew he needed to deal with the Emma situation but honestly, he would rather have dinner with the Prof and the girls. But he had to ask one question first.

“What’s the dress code?” Logan asked, making the Professor chuckle.

“Casual. Does that mean you are joining us?”

Logan looked back at the girls who smiled encouragingly at him. Anna was even nodding her head yes.

“Sounds good,” Logan replied, hearing Ro’s soft sigh of relief.

“It’s a date then. Enjoy your tour ladies. I have many things I need to complete before we meet again. Logan, will you serve as their guide?”

“Sure thing. Ladies,” Logan replied, holding open the door for them.

“Thank you for your time Professor. See you this evening,” Ororo told him as they exited out of the room.
Apologies by stormlover
Chapter 9: Apologies


“Phew. That was tough,” Anna said after they made their way to the top level of the house. Logan figured he would start from the top and they could work their way down.

“It wasn’t that tough,” Ororo replied, admiring the decorated hallways as they passed several closed doors that Logan told them were empty rooms.

“Whatever, show off. You didn’t have to go all stormy nights on the Professor. You could have just told him,” Anna said, making Logan chuckle at her candidness, “Don’t you agree Logan?” Anna wanted to pull Logan into the conversation. He had become tour guide and stayed focused on that task, just listening to her conversation with her sister.

“Naw,” he said, still chuckling, “It was a nice touch. Sometimes it easier to show ‘em than tell ‘em.”

“Thank you, Logan,” Ororo replied, smiling at him, then turning to her sister, “And I wasn’t showing off. I was just doing what the Professor did. I guess you forgot how he read your thoughts, making you curse in front of him.”

“You can’t be mad at me about that, Ro. He caught me off guard. I didn’t think he was going to do something like that. Cut me some slack, right Logan?” Anna replied, as they made their way down to the main floor and head to the west wing.

Logan looked up when he heard his name and found two sets of eyes on him. He knew that this wasn’t a conversation he needed to get into.

“My name is West and I ain’t in this mess,” he said, making them laugh, breaking up the slight tension in the air.

Logan led them to the elevator that took them to the sublevels. Exiting on the basement level, he showed them the laundry room, the additional class rooms and the secondary library, much larger than the library on the main floor. Ororo made a mental note to visit the both libraries later to explore the shelves.

“Logan, you never told us your gift,” Ororo said, as they entered the elevator again, headed down to subbasement 2.

“Like yours, mine is a gift that easier to show ya than tell ya,” he said as the doors opened. He was about to release his claws when a scent hit his nose. Ororo noticed the change in his body language and facial features.

“Logan, what is it?”

Before he could say anything, Emma rounded the corner.

“There you are, my love. Where have you been?” she asked going over to him and getting between Ororo and Logan, taking his arm.

Ororo took a few steps back, no liking Emma’s actions. My love, Ororo thought looking back at her sister who shrugged her shoulders. Now it made more sense. The cold shoulder at breakfast, the huffed leaving when he didn’t do what she asked…Ororo guessed Emma and Logan were in a relationship. That thought caused Ororo to take a few more steps back, giving the couple some space.

Logan sensed Ororo’s absence at his side and looked over at her.

“If you need some time, we can ask Remy to finish the tour for us,” Ororo told him, watching as he tried to unhook Emma’s hand from his arm.

“No. Just give me a sec,” he said, taking Emma’s elbow and leading her down the hall a bit.

“What cha want, Emma?” Logan asked.

“I want to talk to you. We need to talk about us and how we are going to fix our relationship,” she told him.

“There’s no us. Ya made that clear when ya walked away from me and went to Shaw,” he replied angrily.

“I’ve apologized for that. Why won’t you give me another chance?” she asked.

“Another chance? I’m out of chances for ya. I gave ya more than ya deserve and ya still threw that shit in my face. I’m done with it,” he replied, “And I’m done talking about this.”

“Why? You don’t want your new jungle bunnies to hear? Are the girls from the hood the reason why you don’t have time for me now?” Emma spat at him angrily.

“This conversation is over,” Logan growled low and turned away from her, going back toward the elevator.

“No, it’s just beginning, Logan,” Emma shouted after him. How dare he brush me off to spend time with those black bitches, she thought.

“I’ll show him that he can’t toss me aside for some chocolate drops,” she said aloud, making her way to the elevators.

*~*~*~*~*~*


Pissed, Logan rounded the corner and wasn’t surprised to find the girls gone. He decided to take the stairs so he could work off some of the frustration from his conversation with Emma.

It had been two months since he called it quits with their relationship. He was tired of trying to fight for a relationship that Emma obviously didn’t want, based on her lies and continued cheating escapades. What he couldn’t understand was how she thought she could get away with sexing someone else, being in a relationship with a guy with super keen senses.

And to top it all off, she had insulted Ororo and her sister, which pissed him off even more. He knew that Emma had said those offensive things as a way to get back at him. He needed to find them so that he could make sure they were okay and apologize.

He followed their scents to the lake. When he arrived, he saw Anna sitting on the deck, kicking the water with her feet. He spied Ororo a few feet off in the distance, looking out over the water, seemingly deep in thought. He went to Anna first and took a seat next to her.

“Hey Logan,” Anna said. She stopped her feet so she wouldn’t get him wet. Anna really liked Logan and thought he was the right guy for her sister. But, she also knew before that could even happen, he would have to handle his business with Emma.

“Hey,” he said gruffly. Anna was taken aback by his tone.

“You okay?” she asked.

“Naw. She was out of line for what she said,” he replied angrily, taking a deep breath, trying to calm down.

“It’s okay. It’s nothing we haven’t heard before,” Anna replied.

“Maybe but ya shouldna heard it today,” he said roughly.

“Logan, we are the only two black girls in a mansion with mostly white people. There was bound to be at least one prejudiced person,” she told him, sounding very mature, “And to be honest, I would rather someone tell me how they feel up front so I know what I’m dealing with rather than them hiding it.”

Logan looked at the teen, amazed at her maturity and the wisdom she just shared. He couldn’t help but smirk, his anger lessening.

“How old are ya?” he asked.

“Now you should know bettah than to ask a woman that,” she replied, a small smile on her face.

“Yeah, but yer not a woman yet,” he replied.

“Thanks for busting my bubble,” she replied, swatting him, making him chuckle, “I’m 15.”

“15? And ya talkin’ like that?” he asked.

“Blame my sister,” Anna replied, nodding to Ororo who still stared out at the lake, “She’s wise beyond her years.”

“And how many years is that?”

“Ya gotta ask her,” she replied, her eyes on her sister.

“Think I can go talk to ‘er?”

“At your own risk,” Anna smiled, resuming her splashing.

“Thanks, kid,” he replied, ruffling her hair, making her duck and swat him again in protest.

Logan made his way over to Ororo. Though she didn’t let on, she saw him as he approached them. She’d watched him and her sister interact out of her peripheral to make sure everything was okay. She noticed his body language and knew that he was angry. But after talking with her sister, he had calmed down and now stood next to her.

“Beautiful, isn’t it?” he asked, enjoying the view.

“It is,” she replied, glancing at him before looking back at the water, “What are you doing here?”

“Wanted to make sure ya and Anna were okay,” he replied.

“We’re fine. The question is, are you?” she said, looking at him.

“Yeah.”

“What happened back there?” she asked, sensing he wasn’t going to continue without being asked.

“How much did ya hear?”

“We left when we heard ‘girls from the hood’,” she replied, the slight waver in her voice betraying her emotion, “I’m sorry. We didn’t mean to eavesdrop but I thought you would be right back.”

“Ya have nothin’ to be sorry about. I owe ya an apology,” he told her, looking over at her, “Emma was out of line for what she said.”

“She was but we weren’t surprised,” she replied, looking back over the water, “We’ve heard worse.”

“Yeah, Anna told me,” he replied, wondering where they heard it. A comfortable silence fell around them. Ororo looked over at him and read the wonder in his face.

“You’re curious about where we heard those things?” she asked.

“Ya sure yer not a telepath?” he replied, sure that she had read his mind.

“Definitely. I’m just really good at reading body language and facial expressions,” she replied, moving a stray strand of hair from her face.

“I guess I need to work on my poker face around ya,” he replied, making her smile.

“I guess so,” she replied, turning to face him, “Why don’t we do this. We can pick up where we left off on the tour while you tell us about your gift and afterwards, we can grab something to drink and Anna and I can tell you the stories where we were everything but a child of God. Deal?”

He smiled, liking the way her mind worked. “Deal,” he said, shaking her outstretched hand. He release one hand and grabbed the other, wrapping it around his arm, making her laugh.
Welcome by stormlover
Chapter 10: Welcome


That evening, Ororo and Anna shared a meal with Logan and the Professor.

“That was awesome,” Anna replied, leaning back in her chair after finishing her dessert.

“I agree. Everything was delicious,” Ororo commented.

“Were things to your liking as well, Logan?” the Professor asked, knowing the answer already.

“Absolutely. Best darn filet mignon and veggies I’ve ever had,” Logan replied, “I think I have to do an extra hour in the Danger Room to work off that cheesecake.”

“Glad you all enjoyed meal. It’s my goal to make your time here as pleasant as I can. Now, there is one last thing we need to discuss,” the Professor began. They had already discussed the school, arrangements to enroll Anna in the local high school, Charles and Scott tutoring Ororo and her position as the Professor’s assistance. Logan wondered what else they needed to talk about.

“Code names,” the Professor said, answering Logan’s question, making him groan.

“Code names?” Ororo asked.

“Yes. We use them while we are training and out on missions,” Charles replied, “I’ve taken the liberty of selecting a name for each of you based on your gifts.”

“Ororo, I think Storm would be the most fitting codename for you,” Charles told her, “What do you think?”

“I like it. Thank you,” Ororo replied, saying the name to herself and liking the sound of it. She looked at Logan who nodded his agreement.

“Anna, your code name will be Aqua,” he told her, getting the impression that she liked the name based on the wide smile that spread across her face.

“Thank you, Professor,” Anna said, still smiling. Aqua, she thought, has a nice ring to it.

“It was my pleasure. And thank you ladies for accepting our invitation and joining our growing family,” he said, moving away from the table as the other three attendees stood and walked toward the door.

*~*~*~*~*~*


“Wow, what a night!!” Anna exclaimed as they made their way toward the foyer. As they approached, they could hear music coming from the dining room.

“Is there a party going on that we didn’t know about?” Ororo asked, her brows furrowed as she looked over at Logan.

“Ya could say that,” he replied vaguely, leading them toward the room.

When they opened the doors, a loud “Surprise” greeted them.

Ororo and Anna looked at each other and then at Logan who smiled as their friends approached.

“Rogue, what is all this?” Ororo asked, allowing the girl to take her hand as Remy took Anna’s.

“The Prof has his way of welcoming ya’ll and we have ours,” she replied, waving her hand over the room. Ororo could see a group of students getting down on the dance floor while others mingled while sipping punch and eating food from the buffet on the other side of the room. Chairs had been place against the walls in case people wanted to sit.

“Alright!! Let’s get to it then. You game, Remy?” Anna asked her friend, indicating the dance floor.

“Non, ‘chere. Ya a bit much for Remy but I’m sure Jibril wouldn’t mind, would ya, brother?” Remy asked Jibril.

“Not at all. Ready to show ‘em how we do it?” Jibril asked, taking her hand in his and leading her away.

“Definitely but we have to change the music first. How about some 112?”

“Great choice!! Your wish is my command,” Jibril stopping at the makeshift DJ table and making the change, getting some groans that soon turned to squeals once he and Anna graced the dance floor.

“What about you, sugah? You planning on cutting a rug tonite?” Rogue asked Ororo as they watched as the kids surrounded Anna and Jibril, cheering them on.

“Yeah,” Logan replied for her, coming up to them and holding out his hand, “Come on, darlin’, let’s show these rookies how it’s done.”

“I guess that answers your question,” she replied, winking back at her as Logan led her to the dance floor.

Soon, the crowd made a circle around the dancing couples. When Anna noticed the smiling faces, she whispered to Jibril and he nodded, twirling her toward her sister. Anna whispered in her ear and Ororo nodded her consent. The music ended and Anna stood in front of the crowd, panting slightly.

“Okay, guys. We can’t be the only ones dancing so Ro and I are going to show you some dance steps so you can dance with us, okay?”

Anna heard some grumbling in reply that stopped with Logan cleared his throat, crossing his arms across his massive chest.

Damn, she thought smiling her thanks at him, I guess I know who the big dog on campus is.

Jibril returned reaching Anna’s side as the opening bars of the Cupid Shuffle began. “Alright now, follow us!!”

Two hours later, the students made their way to their rooms, still buzzing about the party, calling it one of the best they’ve had at the mansion. Ororo, Anna, Scott, Jean, Logan, Jibril, Remy, and Rogue were on clean up duty.

“That was one of the best parties we’ve had,” Jean exclaimed, her green eyes shining as she helped Anna gather up the cups and plates strewn around the room, while Ororo and Rogue cleared the food trays from the table.

“I agree. That was fun,” Scott replied, surprising his friends as he pushed a table against the wall.

“Musta been a real good one for Scott to say that,” Rogue whispered to Ororo making her smile.

Ororo and Rogue finished clearing the table and were in the kitchen washing the dishes when Emma entered the room. She barely responded to Jean’s and Scott’s greeting as they passed her on their way to their rooms.

Ignoring everyone else, Emma walked directly over to Logan. “It’s later,” she said, taking his arm, “I need to talk to you now.”

“Can’t ya see I’m busy,” he replied, pulling his arm from her grasp and turning back to the table and chair he was moving.

Placing a hand to her temple, Emma moved the table and chair, causing Logan to stumble. He stood and faced her, an angry scowl on his face.

“It’s done. Now, let’s talk,” she said angrily, taking his arm again.

“I said I was busy,” Logan growled, not liking how she was coming at him.

“Why? Because of those ghetto bitches you brought back with you?” she replied nastily, loud enough for the others to hear.

“Who you calling a ghetto bitch?” Anna replied angrily, turning from her task to face the pair.

“I wasn’t talking to you, so stay the hell out of my business,” Emma replied angrily, glancing at the girl but looking back at the scowling Logan.

“It just became my business. Now you bettah watch yo mouth before yo mouth writes a check that yo ass can’t cash,” Anna replied walking towards her. Jibril tried to intercept her but she slipped past him, turning her arm into water before solidifying again.

“Little ghetto girl, please. I will mop this floor with your ass,” Emma replied icily, turning to face the girl.

“I’d like to see ya try, bitch!!” Anna said, before lunging. Remy caught her as Logan stepped in front of Emma, pushing her toward the patio door.

“Let me go, Remy,” Anna said in a near shout.

Hearing her sister’s angry voice, Ororo and Rogue hurried back into the dining room.

“Anna!” Ororo said going to her side and helping Remy, “What’s going on?”

“That bitch was talking about us, calling us ghetto bitches,” she replied, her eyes filled with tears.

Hearing this Ororo looked back at the Logan who was pushing Emma out the patio door.

“Come on, let’s go to the room,” Ororo replied, fighting the anger that was rising, taking her sister’s hand, “Thanks Remy.” He nodded to her.

“Thanks guys for the party. It was very sweet of you,” Ororo called back over her shoulder as she walked arm and arm with her sister, whispering fiercely to her as they left the room.

“Emma always starting some shit,” Jibril said angrily, pushing a table forcibly.

“That’s what happens when a woman feel wronged, right ‘chere?” Remy asked Rogue who just looked at him.

“No. Emma’s on a whole nother level, suga,” Rogue replied as they headed out the door, Rogue hitting the lights.

*~*~*~*~*~*


“What the fuck was that?” Logan asked angrily, snatching her arm so that she faced him.

“I told you I needed to talk to you,” she replied, forcibly brushing his hand off her arm.

“And that was the cause of ya acting the way ya acted just then?” he asked.

“Yes, especially when I feel I’m being ignored.”

“Or when ya want yer way,” Logan replied, “I’m here now, what do ya want?”

“I miss you and I want you back,” she told him, taking a step closer to him, “I was a fool to cheat on you. You were the best thing that ever happened to me and I want you to give us another try.”

He could see the tears in her eyes and sensed that she was being honest. Even so, he knew Emma and knew that regardless of what she said, if she wanted something, she would go after it, no matter what was at stake. Looking at her now, his heart hurt because though he wasn’t in love with her, a part of him still had feelings for her. Taking a deep breath, he paused, taking another sniff.

“Then why do you still smell like Shaw?”

“I went to him and told him that I was ending it,” she replied, “He hugged me goodbye. That’s why I smell like him.”

“Enough with the fuckin’ games, Emma. I know what sex smells like and thanks to ya, I know what Shaw’s sex smells like,” he said angrily, snatching away from her, hating that he even considered her request. He leaned in to make sure she heard him clearly, “There won’t be an us ever again in this lifetime and this is the last time I’m having this conversation.”

He walked off, heading into the woods. Familiar with his moods, she knew she had taken him there again and that she didn’t need to be anywhere near him.

Not dismayed, Emma started back into the mansion, working on a plan to get her man back. Because if she couldn’t have him, no one would, she thought, opening the door and ducking inside.
Getting Closer by stormlover
Chapter 11: Getting Closer


Logan growled loudly, trying to vent the pent up anger from his confrontation with Emma. Not only did she disrespect him in front of his friends but she called Ro and Anna out their name again. They didn’t have anything to do with what was going on between them but because he was spending time with them, Emma included them in her crosshairs.

He would check on them later once he was in a better mood. Right now, he wasn’t in the mindset to speak to anyone. The raging beast had to be released and the safest place to do that was in his cove, Logan thought as he mentally slide the door open, setting the beast free.

*~*~*~*~*~*


How am I going to deal with this girl and its only day two of living here? Ororo thought as she floated on a night breeze. Her mind was racing so much that it became hard to concentrate. Looking down, she spotted a clearing in the woods and decided to sit there for a while to try to clear her mind.

When she landed, she suddenly went on the defensive. Something about the space didn’t feel right. She felt a very strong presence. She knew she wouldn’t be able to see anything in the darkened woods but she turned in a circle trying to see anyway.

As soon as the thought crossed her mind to take to the skies again, she found herself being tackled to the ground. When she looked up, she gasped as her eyes took in Logan’s face. His grey eyes had been replaced by black orbs, his calm face a mask of rage. She caught a gleam of something out of the corner of her eye. When she turned, she noticed three metal claws extending and retracing from his fist.

She was startled when he leaned down and sniffed her. After a moment, she heard him whimper and then he nuzzled her neck.

“Lo-Logan,” she whispered and got a low growl in response. Swallowing, she tried again.

*~*~*~*~*~*


His senses were alive with the scents of the night. Feeling more at home under the cover of darkness, his stepped into the darkened woods, instant relief and calmness washing over him. He was about to run when he heard a sound. Looking toward the clearing, he sniffed and picked up a new scent. Lavender, vanilla, shea butter, and toothpaste. He neared the edge of the woods as the girl with white hair landed in the middle of the clearing.

He growled in his throat, relishing in the slight rumble in his chest. Mine, he thought, remembering the scents from the party. Mine, he thought again as he watched as she looked around the woods, sensing his presence. He felt the slight tug of his other self trying to get him to recede but he wasn’t done. Dammit, he needed this and his other self owed him. He was going to go meet the one who made his other self smile.

He could smell her fear but yet her face was defiant. He sensed the strength of this woman and knew she would make a good mate. All he had to do was get closer. He wanted to see how she felt. Launching from his perch, he collided with her, taking her to the ground. She feels good, he thought, growling low as she whispered his other side’s name.

*~*~*~*~*~*


“Logan,” Ororo whispered, her voice stronger. Remembering what she learned about predators, she knew that she had to stay calm and try not to fight back. The latter was hard considering she was face to face with a man, who she knew was strong and agile.

She also knew that the person above her was the Wolverine, the alter ego Logan told her about as they finished the tour. He had taken them down to the Danger Room and explained what the room was used for. He also told her how some of the residents used the room to vent their anger in a controlled and safe place.

“Do you use it to vent your anger?” she had asked.

“Yeah,” he replied, gazing down at the silver room through the windows from the observation deck, “I have to come and calm the savage beast within.”

There was a pregnant pause before Anna said, “Yeah right, Logan. You the calmest guy I’ve ever met.” He just smiled and said cryptically, “I wish that was true.”


She wanted to him to explain what he meant but decided to do it later. Now that she was in a compromising position with who she figured was the beast, she wished she had asked him her question.

“Logan,” she said a third time and the Logan above her shook his head and nuzzled her neck again.

“Smell good,” he mumbled against her neck, licking it gently.

“Logan, please,” she said, struggling against him, forgetting not to be scared. His words had triggered a bad memory of a night from her past. The fear she felt then resurfaced, causing the onset of a panic attack. She had to get him off of her. NOW!

“Logan, no, please,” she pleaded as tears of frustration started to fall from her eyes.

The Wolverine sniffed, picking up the salt from her tears and the slight smell of rain. When the information registered in his brain, Logan forced him back, becoming himself once more.

He leaned back and looked down at her face, her eyes solid white. Before he could say a word, he felt himself being lifted by a strong gust of wind, throwing him across the clearing. He twisted in the air and landed on his feet as the rain fell in stinging sheets. He turned to see Ro take to the skies, heading back to the mansion.

Needing to make sure she was okay, Logan raced after her, ignoring the booming thunder and the dangerously close lightning that struck the ground around him. He made it into the mansion just as the wind picked up. He could hear pounding footsteps on the landing above him and headed in that direction. When he reached the top of the stairs, he saw Hank and Jean rush into Ororo’s room.

Before he could turn the knob to open the door, it opened and Remy was startled by his presence but quickly recovered, holding his hand up to stop his advance.

“Now’s not the time, mon ami,” he said, reading the concern on Logan’s face.

“I need to make sure she’s okay,” Logan replied, not fighting against his friend as he gently pushed him back.

“She be fine. Hank, Jean and Anna wit ‘er now. Let’s go get ya out of dese wet tings,” he replied, knowing that he had to give his friend something to do to keep his mind off of the white haired beauty.

Logan, reluctantly allowed Remy to lead him away, glancing back at the closed door.

“What happened out dere?” Remy asked Logan as he reentered the bedroom from his bathroom.

“She met the Wolverine,” Logan said, his voice sounding defeated.

“No wonder,” Remy replied, looking away from Logan.

“What?”

“She has three deep gashes on ‘er arm. They had to stitch ‘er up a bit,” Remy replied softly but knew that Logan could hear him loud and clear.

“Fuck,” Logan said, angrily.

“We know it was an accident, mon ami,” Remy said, getting to his feet.

“Yeah but that still doesn’t change the fact that I hurt her, Cajun,” Logan said, dejectedly.

Remy didn’t reply. He looked at his friend and as much as he would have liked too, there was nothing he could say in response to his friend’s truthful statement. Or maybe there was.

“That may be true, Logan, but Remy tinks Ro knows it a mistake,” he replied, getting to his feet and going over to join Logan on the balcony. Remy watched as Logan glanced over at the empty balcony and sighed. “Give ‘er time, mon ami. She’ll come ‘round.” Remy touched his shoulder briefly before he left him to his thoughts.

Remy’s use of his name didn’t go unnoticed by Logan. He looked back over at the empty balcony and felt angry at himself all over again. Not able to stand being that close to her without being able to talk to her, he decided he needed to vent some anger. On his way to the Danger Room, he paused by her door, listening closely but hearing nothing. He guessed that Hank and Jean had left and now the girls were resting. His hands itched to open the door, just to see her but he knew it wasn’t a good idea.

Sighing, he continued on down to the Danger Room. Once inside, he made sure that the room was locked down, so that he would not have a repeat of what happened in the woods.

*~*~*~*~*~*


Two hours later, he emerged from the Danger Room covered in sweat, his shirt in tatters, his pants barely hanging on. He lifted his head, not believing his nose as his eyes fell on Ororo, sitting on the floor. She stood gracefully when he stepped out, wincing slightly.

“Ya should be resting,” Logan told her, unable to meet her eyes again.

“So I’ve been told. Repeatedly,” she replied, taking a step closer to him, “But I couldn’t, without making sure you were okay. Are you?”

“I should be asking ya that, not the other way around,” he said, taking a step back from her, still not able to meet her eyes.

“Logan, it wasn’t you,” she began and he looked at her and then glanced at the bandage on her arm.

“Well, it was you but it was an accident, right?” she asked, staying where she was, not wanting to crowd him.

“It shouldna happened,” he said remorsefully.

Unable to take the sad look in his eyes, she closed the distance between them and touched his cheek with her hand.

“Maybe. Maybe not. It happened. Now we move on,” she told him, “Logan, I know that you wouldn’t harm me. I know this may sound weird but it feels like you’re my protector and as long as you’re around, I will always be safe.” She paused and turned her eyes to her hand as she gently caressed his face, knowing that his gaze was still on her. After a moment, she looked back at him and smiled. “Almost like you’re my guardian angel.”

“Don’t know many guardian angels that cut the people they’re suppose to protect,” he replied softly, a pained look in his eye.

“True, but you’re still human so that’s gives you a pass to make mistakes,” she said, lowering her hand and taking his in hers, “As long as you don’t make the same one again, capisce?”

He gave her a small smile and she returned it with one of her own.

“Okay, now that we’ve gotten past that, how about we head to the kitchen and you make me one of your special sandwiches? I could really go for one right now. What about you?”

“Yeah, I could eat,” he replied.

“Great. Meet me in the kitchen in 15,” she told him.

“Why 15?” he said, confused as to why they just didn’t go then.

“Well, you’re a bit sweaty so I figured you might want to take care of that first before you get close to some food,” she teased, squeezing her nose to illustrate her point.

“Oh, ya ain’t funny,” he replied, remembering the Danger Room session, “See ya in 15.”

*~*~*~*~*~*


When Logan stepped into the kitchen, he found the ingredients waiting for him on the counter. He glanced and saw that Ro had set the table for two.

“Sorry. I’m famished so I figured I would help the process along a bit,” she replied, washing her hands and joining him at the counter, “Plus I wanted to learn how to do this so when the craving hit, I won’t have to bother you.”

“It wouldn’t be a bother,” he replied softly, making her smile.

He shared his method of creating the sandwich and together, with some input from Ro, they finished them and took them over to the table.

Taking a bite, Logan groaned happily. This version of the sandwich was better than his.

“Mmmm,” Ro moaned, closing her eyes, “This is soo good.”

“Didn’t think that sandwich could get any better, but it did,” he replied, taking another hefty bite. They fell in a companionable silence, enjoying their food. When she had her fill, she looked over at him.

“I was worried about you,” she began, getting his attention, “As much as I wanted to check on you after the party, I was too angry with Emma to be in her presence. I went out to the clearing to calm down and think, not knowing that you would be there as well.”

“Ro,” he began, immediately feeling uncomfortable.

“No, please hear me out,” she replied, “When you, rather the Wolverine tackled me, strangely I wasn’t afraid for myself but more for you. I wanted you to be okay but when he told me I smelled good, it triggered a memory from a bad dream and I panicked. So technically, it wasn’t you that caused me freak out.”

“I appreciate what yer doing but no matter how ya frame the story Ro, I’m still the cause of ya freaking out and the marks on yo arm,” he replied, wiping his mouth and getting to his feet, needing some space. He walked over to the patio doors and opened them, stepping out into the coolness of the early morning.

She followed him with her eyes and watched as he stood out on patio, looking out in the darkness. Lord, help me help my friend, she prayed, getting to her feet and going to join him.

Silently, she took his hand. “Dance with me,” she said.

“Not in the mood, Ro,” he replied but did not resist her actions as she took his other hand and placed both of them on her hips. She wrapped her arms around his neck and started moving.

Why is she doing this, he thought, trying hard to resist but finding that his body responded and started swaying in sync with hers.

Smiling to herself, she spoke, “All things happen for a reason and what happened tonight was no exception. I admit, I would have rather met the Wolverine under different circumstances but I don’t regret meeting him.”

“I’m sorry he hurt you,” he replied, still struggling with that fact.

She felt the tension in his arms loosen as he prepared to break the connection. Not wanting the dance to end, she said, “Logan, you need to stop beating yourself up about it. I’m fine.”

“Ya may be but I’m not,” he said, releasing her and taking a step back.

“Why can’t you let it go?”

“Because I’m not suppose to hurt ya, I’m suppose to help ya,” he snapped before taking a deep breath, “But no matter how hard I try, I still end up hurting people like the weapon created to be.”

“Created to be?”

He sighed. “My foster father sold me to a man who experimented on mutants. The Doctor as he called himself, was trying to create an army of mercenaries that he would lend to the highest bidder. So when he found out I healed quickly, he wanted to test the limits of my healing factor and I ended up with these.” His claws slowly emerged from his hand and he retracted them. “And my entire skeleton is covered with the metal so he basically created the perfect soldier. A healing mutant now with a nearly indestructible skeleton, trained to kill on command.”

“But is that who you are now?” she asked simply. He looked at her, a thoughtful expression replacing the sad look on his face.

She continued. “We cannot change our past but what we can do is make the most of our present and future. You are more than what they tried to make you, Logan, like I’m more than a poor homeless white haired, blue eyed mutant orphan. We’ve both overcome some very difficult situations to come to this point and now we have a choice…to be the best person we can be or be who the world think we should be,” she told him her voice filled with the emotion she struggle to keep in check, “When I looked into the face of Wolverine, I didn’t fear him, though he was scary as hell.”

“What I saw was my friend who needed my help and until he said I smelled good, that’s what I was trying to do,” she said playfully, trying to ease the emotional tension in the air, “So from where I’m standing, you’re alright, a bit scary when the Wolverine comes out and when you get angry but otherwise, a good guy with a big heart who cares for his peeps.”

He looked up into the sky and sighed. She could tell he was struggling with his emotions just like she was, the moment of brevity notwithstanding. When his eyes found hers, they shined with unshed tears.

“Logan?” Ororo asked.

“She’s the one person in the mansion who can make me go from zero to 60 in one second,” he told her, the tears drying in his eyes, “She was my first love. The first girl I ever kissed and my first in many other ways.” He looked up, sliding his hands down his tired face. “How do ya get past that? The pain of the betrayal? The loss of your first love?”

Ororo knew that his questions were rhetorical in nature and didn’t require her to respond. However, it seemed that Logan just needed someone to listen to him as he got his feelings off his chest.

“I wouldn’t know. I haven’t experienced it yet,” she replied.

“Ya not missing anything,” he replied, feeling jaded, stepping away from her, “Relationships are just a way for someone to pretend to care until something better comes along. Then they’re gone.”

“I don’t believe that,” she told him, “I believe that you have these experiences for a reason.”

“Yeah to show me that I can’t make a woman happy enough to keep ‘er from cheating,” he said dejectedly.

“Or it could have happened to show you what a “bad” relationship was and to prepare you for the one who is for you,” Ororo replied, using the quote gesture.

She watched him as he looked out into the darkness.

“Logan,” she began, taking his hand in hers and getting him to look at her, “You are a very special person. You are a handsome, loving, and generous guy who, from what I have seen is, cares about and takes care of his friends. A woman would have to be a fool to not see that in you. I mean, I see it and I’ve only known you what, two days?”

The pained look on his face tugged at her heart strings. “And you’re a good sport, dancing with a girl to make her feel comfortable in a new place, even at the expense of being teased by your friends. Especially since dancing isn’t your thing,” she said, finally getting a chuckle, “So you see, you’re just going through a tough time but time heals all wounds. And you never know, the person for you may come when you least expect it.”

She fell silent. They stood side by side, looking out over the dark grounds for a long time, each deep in thought, his hand still in hers. After several minutes, Logan sighed deeply.

“You okay now?”

“Yeah. Thanks for that. I really needed to hear it,” he said, squeezing her hand gently.

She reached up and wrapped him in a loving hug. He closed his eyes as a sense of peace seemed to flow from her arms into him. Ending the embrace, she gently cupped his cheek with her hand and kissed his other cheek. “Sleep well my friend,” she told him before stepping away and taking off before he could stop her.

“Nite, Ro,” he said to the wind as he watched her disappear over the canopy of trees.
Getting Together by stormlover
Chapter 12: Getting Together


Eight weeks later

“Kick it into gear back there,” Scott called out to Ororo as she struggled to keep up with the rest of the team. She had hoped today wasn’t the day for the tunnel exercise and lo and behold, what does she see when she looks at the Danger Room schedule, Tunnel Exercise 265 “ Full Team.

She wanted to believe that she was over her claustrophobia but as it turns out, she wasn’t. Elevators traveling short heights, planes with seats by the window and cars with moonroofs were okay but tunnels, even brightly lit ones still gave her problems. Anything where she was underground (other than the subbasement levels for some reason) strongly reminded her of the time she spent buried under her mother and her emotions got the best of her.

She hadn’t told anyone of her phobia, except Anna, and Anna had promised to keep her secret under the threat of bodily harm. However, she knew there was no way she could keep it secret any longer.

She had given it her best and failed. She could feel the panic overwhelming her, making all coherent thought impossible. She struggled against the flood of emotion to utter one word.

“Logan,” she said, before she fell to her knees, unable to stand any longer. She had no doubt that he heard her and his response confirmed what she thought. She smiled despite her situation as she heard his voice before she blacked out.

*~*~*~*~*~*


Logan had sensed that she was struggling with the mission but he did as she had requested a month ago, to give her the opportunity to try before he assisted. Though it pained him to watch her struggle, he acquiesced to her request and was rewarded as he watched her grow in her abilities. However, today something was very different.

In the past, he had noticed small things like her reluctance to walk through the thick woody areas on the grounds or the strong grip on his hand when they drove through the short tunnels heading into the city.

He had come to trust her and her judgment. He knew that she trusted him as well and confided in him to an extent. He understood better than anyone else that there were some things you had to keep to yourself. He didn’t press her when she didn’t want to talk about something as she did with him but this may be the exception to that rule.

He felt the change in the atmosphere almost at the same time her heard her call his name.

“Ro,” he yelled when he turned and saw her on the ground, a storm raging above her head. Before he could take a step, he was hit with a strong gust of wind and was pushed, along with the rest of the team into the air and further down the tunnel. Thinking fast, Logan called out, “Computer, commence program 54863 Atlantic Ocean.” He chose this program, knowing if he ended the session altogether, some of them would be injured in the fall back to the ground. Water was their safest bet.

“Request confirmed,” the computer replied, changing the scenery to the Atlantic Ocean. The team fell in the holographic water as an unconscious Ororo slid under.

“Computer, end program,” Logan yelled, his heart beating fast as the seconds felt like hours for the computer to reply.

“Request confirmed. Program terminated,” the computer replied, changing the room back to its original silver setting.

Logan got to his feet and rushed to her side, ignoring the sounds around him, only focused on the girl lying on the ground.

“Ro. Ororo, wake up,” he said, reaching out to touch her but stopped short when his hair started to stand on end. Not getting a response, he focused on her breathing and heard her shallow breaths. Her pulse was faster than normal.

He felt the team close in on them and Remy knelt on the other side of her. “Don’t touch ‘er,” Logan said gruffly, reaching out and grabbing his hand, “She’s electrified herself.”

Remy nodded his thanks, knowing that Logan had saved his ass once again.

“Get Hank,” Logan said and heard hurried footsteps to the door. The door immediately opened again and Anna’s scent hit his nose as she rushed to her sister’s side.

“Ro,” she called out but her boyfriend Jibril was there, preventing her from throwing herself at her sister.

“You can’t touch her now. Logan said she electrified herself,” he whispered to her, holding her in his arms.

“Does anyone know what happened to her?” Kitty asked, a worried expression on her face.

“She doesn’t do well in tunnels,” Anna said, turning to face the team, “Or tight places. She’s claustrophobic.”

“And we didn’t know this before now because?” Scott asked, angry at Anna’s revelation.

“She wanted to keep it a secret because she didn’t want it to interfere with her ability to join the team,” Anna replied, stepping out of the circle of Jibril’s arms.

“Didn’t she realize that she was putting the entire team at risk by not disclosing that information?” Scott asked angrily.

“She had ‘er reasons, One Eye, so buzz off,” Logan snapped.

“I’m the leader of this Team, Logan, and I have a right to know why one of its members decided not to disclose crucial information that could ultimately put the Team at risk,” Scott snapped back, “Now, I don’t give a damn about her reasons but she best give me one as to why she didn’t say anything as soon as she’s awake.” Scott walked past the huddled group in a huff.

“I thought I could handle it,” Ororo replied huskily, her voice deeper than normal. Her eyes were still closed but she opened them, looking at Logan and giving him a small smile. She heard his sigh of relief and immediately his hands were out to assist her.

When she felt another pair of hands, she turned to see Remy. She gave him a small smile of thanks. She didn’t know when it happened but Remy had become the brother neither girl had but always wanted.

“Easy Ro,” Logan said, helping her to her feet, steadying her with an arm wrapped around her waist.

“Yeah, but you couldn’t. Someone could have gotten seriously injured because of your little secret,” Scott told her, retracing his steps to stand in front of her.

“Calm down, mon ami. It was a mistake and everyone be fine,” Remy said, trying to step in before the situation escalated.

“This time. What would have happened if we were on a mission?” Scott asked angrily.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt anyone,” Ororo replied, her voice quivering a bit, still recovering from the incident.

“We know you didn’t, my dear,” the Professor said, coming over to them, “Logan will you take Ororo to the Medlab. Hank has prepared a place for her.”

“Gladly,” Logan said, taking her in his arms and walking to the exit with the Omega Team and Anna in tow.

“I guess little Miss Perfect isn’t so perfect after all,” Emma said, as they all made their way out of the room. She was intrigued to sense that her sentiments were shared by two of her teammates.

*~*~*~*~*~*


Ororo had told him she needed some time alone and reluctantly he gave it to her. Feeling that three hours was enough time, Logan set out in search of his girlfriend. Girlfriend, he thought with a smile as he followed he made his way downstairs. They had started dating five weeks ago but it still felt like a foreign concept.

Since the night in the clearing, he and Ororo had spent all of their spare time together, either alone or with their friends. Those around them could see the blossoming love between the two that started the night they met at the club but neither wanted to jump into a relationship. He was still dealing with the Emma drama and she was focused on school and making sure she and her sister settled in at the mansion.

Unbeknownst to their friends, he and Ro had made it official a few weeks before sharing the news with the rest of the team. He remembered the day they decided to take the plunge. If it’s any indication on what their relationship would be like, he was in for a wild ride.

Thunder boomed and the lightning flashed, turning the dark night into day. The wind blew in strong gusts, making the trees groans in protest.

Logan, calm her before the storm worsens, Charles told him telepathically.

Roger that, he replied, fighting against the assaulting weather to reach her side.

Minutes before, Emma had tapped into one of Ororo’s painful memories as the training exercise required but they didn’t anticipate her response. She tried as much as she could to control her emotions, but she couldn’t and rushed from the room in an effort to protect the rest of the team from the weather tempest that Emma’s intrusion had caused.

Concerned, Logan ran after her. Once she reached the main door, she blew it open in her haste to get away. Though the pouring rain made it impossible to track her scent, he intuitively knew where she would go.

Seeing her that way affected him in a way he couldn’t explain. He knew he wouldn’t be okay until he found her. Rounding the corner, he found her just where he thought she would be, looking much like she did the day that the tour was interrupted by Emma.

He noticed the diminishing signs of the storm as the weather returned to its previous state. He made his way over, closing the distance between them. As he approached, he took in the sight of her arms wrapped tightly around herself, staring out over the lake as the wind created gentle waves on its surface.

“Ro?”

When she didn’t respond, he tried again. “Ro, look at me,” he requested softly, “Please.”

She took a deep breath and sighed, her annoyance with his interruption evident in her actions and smell. She turned and her blue eyes met his.

“Ya okay?” he asked, ignoring her annoyance.

“Yeah,” she replied, glancing at him and then taking a step back.

He saw the wall being lifted between them and couldn’t take that. Not with the way he felt about her. None of his feelings toward her made sense. It had taken him a long time to warm up to Emma but not with Ro. They had only met three weeks ago and now his heart seemed to be breaking at the thought of being shut out from her.

“Don’t shut me out,” he said.

“How can I shut you out of something when you were never in?” she said defensively, putting up a macho front.

“Really?” he said smelling through the bs.

“Really,” she replied, waving her hand to clear the skies again after the clouds rolled back in, responding to her angry statement.

“Look, Ro. Everyone has been there and had a moment where shit happened,” he told her, “But ya can’t let it get to ya. Yer stronger than that.”

“No, I’m not. It’s all a farce,” she replied, her shoulders slumping in defeat.

“Bullshit,” he replied gruffly, causing her to look at him with wide eyes, “Oh don’t give me that oh woe is me crap. Yer just having a moment and need to stop feeling sorry for yerself. Ain’t that what ya basically told me when I was freaked out about ya getting hurt by the Wolverine?”

“Yeah but this is different.”

“No, it’s the same damn thing and ya know it,” Logan said, losing his patience.

“It is not,” she replied getting angry herself, “And beyond that, why in the hell do you care?”

“Because I do, okay?” he replied angrily, feeling the stirring of the beast within. He looked away from her, knowing that he needed to calm down.

She waited until he got himself together, not wanting to have another Wolverine sighting so soon after her first one.

“What do you mean?” she asked, looking at him curiously.

Deciding to take a chance and just throw it out there, he said, “This is going to sound crazy, I know and believe me, I’m not the sappy type but ya bring out feelings in me that I didn’t know existed.”

He paused, gauging her reaction before continuing, “Before the night at the club, I had never danced, but you, basically a stranger, got me to dance. Not once, but three times,” he revealed.

When he saw her small smile, he continued, “There is something about ya Ororo that makes me do things I don’t normally do and that should scare the hell out of me but for some reason it doesn’t.”

“What are you saying, Logan?” she asked, knowing exactly what he meant, feeling the same way but not ready to admit it.

“I enjoy being with ya and I don’t want what happened tonight to cause a wall to come up between us.”

“I enjoy being with you too,” she admitted, turning to face him, “I’ve never felt like this about a guy before and it’s a bit scary.”

“I know what ya mean.”

“How? You were in a relationship.”

“Yeah but there’s a big difference between how that one started and how this one is starting,” he told her, shocking himself.

“This one?” she asked, wondering if she heard him correctly.

Sighing, Logan went all in. “Ro, I know we haven’t known each other but for a few weeks but whenever I’m around ya, I feel a peacefulness that I’ve never felt. Being with you makes me feel like I can be who I want to be, and not just the animal they tried to make me.”

“Is that the reason why everyone keeps looking at you like they don’t know who you are?” she asked, his words making the shocked looks of the other residents make sense. She had even heard some of the whispers of how he had changed and wondered what he was like before.

“Yeah. Imma hard ass and what they’ve seen these past few weeks has shocked the shit out of them,” he replied, taking her hand in his.

“So who is the real Logan? The kind, generous guy I’ve grown to know and like, the hard ass Logan that the mansion knows or the Wolverine?” she asked.

“All of them. I’m like a yogurt parfait. I have many layers.”

“No, more like an onion,” she said playfully, remembering the fearsome look of the beast.

“Oh so ya got jokes,” he replied.

“Of course, especially when you leave yourself open like that,” she replied.

A comfortable silence fell over them.

“So you said all that to say what?” she asked.

“I want ya to be my girlfriend,” he said simply.

“Just like that,” she said, teasing him, taking a step closer to him.

“Yeah, just like that,” he replied, stepping closer to her.

“Well, in that case...” She leaned in and kissed his lips gently. She pulled back and giggled at his shock expression. “How’s that for an answer?”

Her kiss had ignited something in him that he had felt in a long time and he wanted the fire to keep burning. “Perfect,” he said, his arms going around her waist and pulling her closer, “I’ve wanted to do this since I bumped into ya at the club.” He lowered his mouth to hers and kissed her. Ororo pulled away first, breathing heavily.

“Mmmm, me too,” she replied, wrapping her arms around his neck, “So now what?”

“Now I make it my business to make ya happy,” he said, kissing her again.
Session by stormlover
Chapter 13: Session


“You came to fuss at me too?” Ororo asked him when he finally tracked her down.

“Nope,” he said, hugging her from behind, nuzzling her neck, making her giggle, “Came to check on my girl and make ‘er laugh.”

“Okay and after you do that?” she asked, wiggling to let him know she needed room. He loosened his hold on her and she turned within the circle of his arms and wrapped her arms around his waist, burrowing her face in his broad chest.

“Don’t know. Maybe a walk under the moonlit sky, then head back to the mansion and grab a bite to eat while watching a movie,” he told, rubbing her back and hair, “Want to talk about it?”

“No, but I’m sure as my team leader you need to know,” she said, her tone inflecting at the end, turning the statement into a question.

“True,” he replied leaning back so he could kiss her lips before pushing her away and make her turn before pulling her back and dipping her. She laughed in spite of herself and gazed up into his face, framed by the starry sky. Ororo loved the imagery and leaned up and kissed him. She felt his hold on her tightened before he ended the kiss, lifting her back to her feet.

Breathing heavily, Logan fought hard to keep the beast at bay as it stirred within, ready to make Ro its mate. Wow, he thought taking her hand and leading her away from the mansion along the lake shore. The chemistry between them was strong and moments like this when he felt she was vulnerable intensified it, leaving Logan and Ororo feeling overwhelmed with emotion.

Normally when he felt that way, Logan would roll with the emotions, usually ending up in the bedroom but he knew that wasn’t an option with Ororo. She was determined to wait until she was married and, though it would be a struggle, he respected her wishes.

Logan looked over at her silhouette and noticed that her face looked more relaxed than it had earlier. Sensing that this might be the best time to broach the difficult subject, he took a deep breath and spoke softly.

“What happened in the meeting with Scott and the Professor?”

Normally, Logan would have been in the meeting but he opted out of it because he knew he wouldn’t be able to deal with Scott reprimanding her. The Professor understood how protective he was of Ororo and had given him permission to sit it out.

However, after their meeting, he had to sit through a session where Scott blasted Ororo and even that tested his patience, leaving him with a strong need to maim something in the Danger Room that looked a lot like their illustrious leader. But he fought the feeling, knowing that the situation wasn’t about him. It was about Ro and helping her get through it.

Having gotten their side of it, he wanted to hear hers.

“Basically, Scott yelled at me about not telling him about the phobia.”

“And the Prof?”

“Wants to begin therapy sessions to determine the cause,” she replied.

“And ya said?”

“I didn’t need the sessions because I know the cause of it and no, I didn’t want to talk about it and would when I was ready.”

“Okay, and Scott said…”

“I was off the team until I revealed the source of the phobia and had at least 5 therapy sessions with the Professor,” she said sadly, a tear sliding down her face, a telltale sign of how she truly felt despite the strong front she presented to him.

“Oh baby,” he said, taking her in his arms.

Ororo had worked hard to earn her spot on the X-Men. After her long days of working with the Professor on various tasks, spending quality time with Anna, keeping up with her own studies, she spent countless hours working with him and the Omega Team to improve her fighting skills.

She was determined to give back to the Team that saved her and her sister and was ecstatic when Scott shared the news with her about being selected for the team and joining her friends on the Omega Team. So he knew that being suspended from the team was its own brand of torture.

“I understand why he did it and I understand why he is angry but it still hurts,” she sniffed.

Overtime, they had also worked on improving her control over her gift. One of her biggest successes was the day she cried without the telltale sign of rain. Though she hadn’t cried much since coming the mansion, there were still a few times that tested her control in the area and she succeed in maintaining the control. And this time was no different. The skies stayed clear while he held her as she wept.

He allowed her emotions to run their course. When he heard her heartbeat and breathing return to normal, he said, “I understood the suspension and sessions with Chuck but the requirement for disclosure was a bit much. The cause shouldn’t matter. What should matter is how we deal with it now and Scott being hung up on that isn’t going to help the situation at all.”

Ororo pulled back and looked up into his face. She saw the defiant glint in his eye and his trademark smirk and wondered what he had done.

“When I met with them after yer meeting, I talked to him and the Prof about it and told ‘em it wasn’t fair to force ya to talk about something as a requirement for ya to be on the Team. All of us got secrets we don’t want to talk about and they’re not keeping us off the Team. So they lifted the suspension. Missions are off limits but ya can still train with the Team.”

He watched her face brighten and the spark in her eyes returned. He hated to say what he had to say next but there was no way around it. “But, the compromise was that yer therapy sessions with Chuck start tomorrow.”

Like he thought, her face fell, making him wonder why talking the issue through with Chuck was such a bad thing.

“Would talking to me about it help make it easier to talk to Chuck?” he asked.

“Not really,” she replied, “But what choice do I have? It’s either talk and get back on the Team or not talk and no missions.” She sighed, abruptly stepping away from him and walking toward the mansion.

“Ro,” he said, reaching out and grabbing her wrist to stop her from leaving. She turned and looked up at him, her eyes swimming in tears.

“Baby?” he said softly, his heartbreaking at the sight of her tears.

“Are you up for a sparring session in the Danger Room?” she asked in a strong voice, as a tear fell from her eye, “Things could get messy if I discuss it here.”

“Ya sure ya up to it?” he asked.

“The question is, are you up for it?” she countered, her eyes changing colors as she wrapped her arm around his waist.

“I can take whatever ya throw at me, darlin’,” he said, happy that she was bantering with him.

“Alright, I want you to remember you said that when we’re done,” she replied, lifting them into the air, heading to the mansion.
Cheer Up by stormlover
Chapter 14: Cheer Up


The conversation with the Professor wasn’t as bad as she thought it would be. She felt comfortable talking about the issue after her long sparring session and discussion with Logan the night before.

The Professor was impressed with how much she shared but still wanted her to finish her assigned therapy sessions. He even mentioned that she may want to consider a few training sessions with Scott and/or Logan in the Danger Room in the tunnel simulation. She told him that she would need to take baby steps and he smiled in response. Happy with her progress, he gave her the rest of the day off, much to her delight.

Looking at her watch, a gift from Logan, she saw that it was time for the students to arrive home from Bayville High. Ororo headed toward the front of the mansion and entered the foyer in time to see the door burst open and her sister rush in, calling out her name.

“Anna, I’m right here. Why you busting through the door, yelling my name like you done lost yo mind?” Ororo asked, her proper English going by the wayside. She was trying to improve her speaking skills but there were times where she lapsed back into her old habits.

“I got in. I got in,” she shrieked, throwing herself at her sister, nearly knocking them both down.

“What are you talking about, girl?” she asked, watching her bounce up and down excitedly as Remy and Rogue entered, chuckling.

“Remy?” she asked him, unable to get any information from her sister.

“She was picked to be in the school talent show, ‘chere,” Remy replied, his arm casually around Rogue’s shoulders, a smile on his face as he watched the younger sister give Ororo a bear hug, lifting her off her feet.

“Okay, okay. Calm down and tell me what this means,” Ororo told her, prying Anna’s hands off of her.

“It means I’m one of the few people who will take the stage in a couple of weeks to showcase my talent. I could win an iPad and $500.00!!” she told her. A thought suddenly occurred to her and she looked around for her bag. “I need the Professor to sign this permission slip so I can participate. Is he in his office?”

“Yes, he is. I’m sure he knows you need to see him with all the noise you made,” Ro told her smiling.

“Okay. I’m gonna go get him to sign it. Be right back,” Anna said, dropping her bag and dashing up the stairs. Remy and Rogue chuckled along with Ororo.

“Is the talent show really that big of a deal?” Ro asked her friends as she picked up her sister’s bag.

“It’s the biggest event in the fall. The winner gets bragging rights and will sing along with the winner of the Spring Talent Show at the Junior/Senior Prom,” Allison offered, making her way into the foyer with Kitty and Jubilee trailing behind her, “So yeah, it’s a pretty big deal to get selected as one of the acts.”

“Did anyone else get selected?” Ororo asked, intrigued by the idea and proud of her sister.

“Yeah, we got a spot too,” Kitty replied, indicating herself, Jubilee, and Allison.

“Interesting,” Ororo replied as her sister made her way back into the room, “So is that going to cause a problem between ya’ll?”

“Naw,” Allison said, sidling up next to Anna and putting an arm around her, “It’s just a bit of friendly competition. No drama, right girls?”

“Nope,” Kitty replied joining the girls, putting her arm around Allison’s shoulders.

“Not at all,” Jubilee replied, joining the trio, standing next to Anna.

“You know what would be cool though,” Allison said, thinking out loud, “If we could have a preview show here at the mansion since we all are in the competition. That way we can get comfortable performing in front of a crowd and even get feedback from everyone on how well we did. What do you guys say?”

“Are you serious? I’m all for that!! We can call it the Mutant X Factor!!” Jubilee replied, getting a few groans at her suggestion.

“I think that’s an excellent idea, Allison,” the Professor said, rolling into the foyer with Scott in tow, “What do you think, Scott?”

“Sounds like fun,” Scott said with a genuine smile, “I think Jean and Emma could coordinate it with Allison’s help of course.”

Ororo noticed the eye rolls at his suggestion.

I’m sure we’re going to need another person to help with organizing it. Ro, would you be interested?” Allison asked her, a pleading look on her face.

Ororo looked at Allison, trying hard to keep her annoyance off her face. She heard her sister’s soft please and sighed. “Sure, Ali. I would love to help out,” Ororo replied, getting another exuberant hug from her sister.

“Great. Time to figure out what song we’re going to sing. Come on girls,” Ali replied, heading toward the rec room, throwing up a hand to wave goodbye.

“Ro, you have time to help me pick out a song?” Anna asked, glancing over at the Professor before looking back at her sister.

“Absolutely. The Prof gave me the rest of the day off so we can take all the time we need,” Ororo replied, making her sister bounce with glee again before grabbing her hand and pulling her towards their room.

“See you guys later,” Ororo called back to the Prof and Scott who smiled at the pair as they departed.

“They’ve settled into life at the mansion nicely,” the Professor commented as he and Scott made their way toward the elevators that would take them to the sublevels.

“Yes, they have. I think Logan and Jibril had a big hand in making that happen,” Scott said chuckling.

“What did we have a hand in making happen?” Logan asked as he and Jibril met them as they entered the mansion from the garage.

“Making the Munroe sisters comfortable in their new surroundings,” Charles replied as Scott pressed the call button for the elevator.

“Just doing our part,” Logan replied, having heard what the Prof said but wanted it repeated for Jibril.

“And speaking of the Munroe sisters, where are they? I need to congratulate Anna on being selected for the Talent Show,” Jibril asked.

“Last time we saw them, Anna was dragging Ororo toward their room to figure out a song or something,” Scott replied, as the doors opened.

Ororo did well this morning. I gave her the rest of the day off to recuperate. She’s being her stoic self but may need a shoulder to cry on later, the Professor told Logan telepathically.

Logan nodded.

“Thanks,” Logan replied, “Come on, J, let’s go check on the ladies.”

*~*~*~*~*~*


“From what I’ve heard about the Talent Show, only the best of the entries get accepted,” Anna told her sister excited as she paced in front of her. Ro sat on her bed with an amused expression. “And almost no sophomores or freshmen get selected so that’s a big thing for me to get selected, especially with it being my first year. Oh my goodness, I’m just sooo overwhelmed right now. I can’t sit still!!!!”

Ororo used a finger to shake her ear a bit to help relieve the ringing caused by her sister’s squealing outburst.

“Is there a theme or something for the song selection?” Ororo asked as a knock sounded at the door.

“That’s the best part!!” Anna replied, bounding over to answer the door, “Jibril!!”

Logan stood back as Anna launched herself into her boyfriend’s arms, making both guys chuckle.

“Hey babe. Congrats on the selection. I knew you could do it,” he replied, kissing her. Logan rolled his eyes at the PDA and after a moment, cleared his throat.

“Whatever, Logan,” Anna replied, looking over at her friend, “You know we have nothing on you and Ro when you see each other.”

“That’s not true. I’m not that bad, am I darlin’?” Logan asked as he stepped into the room and sat next to Ro on her bed.

“No, but I am,” she replied, making her sister laugh as Ro kissed Logan deeply.

“Awww, get a room,” Jibril said, shutting the door behind him, making them all laugh.

Jibril sat on Anna’s bed as she continued pacing. They began dating a week after Ro gave Anna the okay that she and Jibril could “talk”. Their talking soon turned into dating and soon after that, they were an exclusive. Though she was only 15, Ororo wasn’t worried. She knew Anna could take care of herself and beyond that, she had two big brothers watching out for her.

Logan and Remy were very protective of both girls and had spoken to Jibril about dating Anna. Remy even went so far as to talk to Logan about dating Ororo. Logan thought Remy was joking and when he joked about it, he ended up with a 2nd degree burn from the card that Remy threw at him.

Surprisingly, Logan didn’t strike out at Remy but both men reached a passé regarding Ororo. For a second, Logan thought that Remy had a crush on her but soon dismissed the thought after seeing the way Remy was with Rogue.

Now weeks later, all of the relationships were going strong and everyone seemed happy.

“So as I was saying, the theme of the talent show is the best part,” Anna said, pausing her pacing for dramatic effect.

Chuckling, Ororo took the bait, “And that would be?”

“Beyonce!!! We’re doing Beyonce songs so you have to help me find the perfect one,” Anna told them.

“Oh, I got the perfect one,” Ro replied, getting to her feet and going over to her drawer to retrieve her iPod Touch. Thanks to the Professor’s generosity with her “salary”, Ro was able to pay Logan and Jibril back their money plus get new clothes, shoes, and accessories for her and her sister. And she even had enough left to splurge a bit, getting a laptop and iPod Touch for both of them. Ororo went over and plugged in her device into the speakers and soon Beyonce’s song Halo poured out.

“OMG!!! That’s perfect!!!” Anna exclaimed, clapping excitedly.

“Or,” Ororo began, switching to Beyonce’s Love on Top, “Or…” Ororo smiled as the song came on and she joined her sister in the middle of the room, dancing and singing along with Single Ladies.

Anna collapsed on her bed at the end of the song. “I think Halo maybe the best choice,” she replied panting slightly.

“You can always download all of her albums and listen to the songs until you find the right one,” Ro told her, retrieving her iPod and returning to her place next to Logan, who immediately kissed her temple and wrapped an arm around her waist.

“True but I will still need to practice it.”

“The exercise room has a great sound system and pretty good acoustics,” Jibril replied.

“True but I need to be in front of an audience so I can get comfortable singing in front of people before the trial run here at the mansion,” she replied, getting shocked looks from the boys.

“Yer kidding right?” Logan asked, his eyebrows raised in surprise.

“No, I’m not. I’m shy in front of people,” she replied.

“Oh, that’s bs and you know it, Ann,” Jibril replied, getting an elbow in the ribs, “Ow!”

“I am, tell ‘em Ro,” she replied, looking at her sister for help.

Chuckling, Ro replied, “Believe it or not, she is.”

Logan couldn’t believe that the more outgoing of the two sisters had a fear of singing in front of people. Always ready to lend a hand, especially when it came to Ro and Anna, Logan thought of a place they could go where she could get some practice in that night. Looking at his watch, he saw that it was almost time for Omega’s Danger Room session.

“That time?” Jibril asked, watching Logan’s movements.

“Almost,” he replied getting to his feet, “I got something to take care of before the session so I’ll see ya there.” He held out his hand for Ororo and she took it, following him out the door.

“Heard ya got the rest of the day off,” he said as they headed to his room.

“Yeah, Charles and I had a good session today. A bit emotional but still good. I managed not to destroy anything,” she replied, looking up at him as he stopped in front of his door, a concern look on his face, “I’m fine, Logan. Don’t worry.”

“It’s my job to worry,” he told her, pulling her into a tight hug.

“Who said?”

“Ya did when ya decided ya had to have me all to yer self,” he replied seriously.

“Is it too late to change my mind?” she asked equally serious, holding back her laugh.

“Yeap. Yer stuck with me now,” he said, opening the door and pulling her inside with him.

“Then I guess that’s it then,” she replied, walking over to his balcony and opening the doors, “It’s a shame too, considering all of the guys’ hearts I will be breaking when I tell ‘em.”

“Guys’ hearts?” he asked, stopping what he was doing and turning to his girlfriend, the playfulness gone from his tone.

“Yeah, you know all the guys I come in contact with throughout the day. Such a shame too, there were a few that were actually cute,” she told him nonchalantly, knowing that she was pushing his buttons.

She had come to learn that Logan was very possessive and jealous. They had had a conversation about it…actually their first argument when he was being overly protective during her sparring sessions with some of the male members of the team. Since then, Logan had made vast improvements in that area but being the alpha male he was, he didn’t take kindly to anyone infringing on his turf and he consider Ororo his turf.

“That ain’t funny, Ro,” he told her when she approached him and pulled him into a hug, a smile on her face.

“Yes it is when it’s so easy to pull your leg,” she told him, kissing his nose.

“Whatever,” he replied gruffly, still a bit miffed at the idea of her looking at other guys.

Sensing this, she reassured him. “Logan, you have nothing to worry about,” she told him, wrapping her arms around his thick neck, “Like you said, you’re stuck with me as I am stuck with you.”

“So cheer up!! You’re going to do one of your favorite things,” she said, kissing him quickly and heading toward the door, “See ya in a few.” She blew him a kiss before stepping out into the hall, heading to her room to grab her training gear.
Club Mic by stormlover
Chapter 15: Club Mic


Three hours later, Ororo followed Remy and Rogue to one of the jeeps.

“So where are we going?” Ororo asked, nodding her thanks to Remy who opened her door for her as she got in the back.

“I’m not sure, sugah. I’m in the dark just like ya are. The swamp rat won’t tell me,” Rogue replied as they watched Remy walk to the driver side and hop in.

“Remy,” Ororo began.

“No questions, ‘chere. Just enjoy the ride,” he replied, smiling charmingly at her through the rear view mirror.

“Ya neither, belle,” Remy said quickly, cutting Rogue off before she could even speak.

Though not liking being kept in the dark, both women trusted the Cajun casanova and decided to drop it after exchanging a look.

Twenty minutes later, Remy pulled up in front of a box building with the name Club Mic illuminated on the marquee complete with the picture of a microphone bursting through the ‘c’.

“The Karaoke restaurant?” Rogue asked, looking at Remy as he smiled mischievously as he exited the car and opened Ororo’s door.

Karaoke? she thought, as she walked toward the front of the car.

“Remy,” she began as he ushered both women toward the door.

“Come ‘cheres. Yo table awaits!” he said, holding the door for them as they entered.

“Do you,” Ororo began and Rogue shook her head.

“I have no idea, sugah,” she replied as Remy lead them pass the hostess stand and found members of the Alpha and Omega Team seated at a long table, with the Alpha team on one end and Omega on the other. Surprisingly, Anna was there as well, looking at her sister with a wide smile. She wasn’t ready to join the team but she seemed to be close to making a choice.

The only person missing was Logan.

“He’s right behind me, isn’t he?” Ororo asked and got nods and laughter in response.

She turned and looked up into the smiling face of her beau.

“What are you guys up too?” she asked, as he wrapped her in a hug and kissed her lips.

“We’ll explain in a bit. Don’t want to spoil the surprise,” he replied, guiding her to her seat, next to Remy.

Once the team settled down, Logan and Scott stood beside each other.

“We’re here tonight to do a couple of things,” Logan began after getting the nod from Scott, “One, we celebratin’ the girls getting picked for the Talent Show. Ladies, take a bow.”

Amid the applause and whistles, Jubilee, Kitty, Allison and Anna stood beaming at their teammates and bowed.

“Secondly,” Scott began once they got quiet again, “We’re here to do a team building exercise.”

He smiled when he heard the groans.

“Come on, guys hear me out,” he said as they looked at him in silence, “The rules are simple. We will have two groups. Each group will select a captain and from there, the captain, with input from the team, will choose three songs. Once the songs are selected, the groups will decide who will go up and perform them for the restaurant audience. Everyone has to take the stage at least once in the competition. The group getting the loudest applause will win that round. The group with the most wins will win the Team Building exercise. The prize will be revealed later.

“The purpose of the exercise is to use your people effectively and build a strategy to complete the “mission”. The captain will have to figure out what’s the best solution to achieve the goal of the mission because there are times when one person can get the job done instead of a group.”

Scott immediately got groans and angry mumblings. “I’m not saying you have to sing. All I’m saying is that you have to get on stage,” he defended, pacifying the grumblers, “And have fun. We wanted to do something that was a training and celebration at the same time.”

Logan waited until the excited murmurings subsided before he told them the last piece of the puzzle. “Okay, so we need to count off to get the groups.”

“What? We’re not doing Alpha vs Omega?” Jubilee asked, her hopes of winning being dashed. She just knew Alpha would win because of her, Ali, and Kitty.

“Not tonight. I’ll start. One,” Logan said, pointing to the people as they said the next number.

When the team finished the count off, group one included, Jean, Logan, Allison, Remy, Jibril, Jubilee, and Rogue. Group two included Bobby, Ororo, Kurt, Peter, Anna, Scott, Emma, and Kitty. Kitty decided to join Group two since the first group already had two singers.

The groups selected Allison and Kitty as their respective captains and then set about selecting their songs and the members of the team who would sing them.

“So guys, any idea of what songs we should sing?” Kitty asked, looking into the playlist booklet.

“Nothing too girlie for me,” Bobby replied, “Maybe the guys can do a Journey song and the girls can do something like Single Ladies.”

“Not a bad idea. What do you guys think?” Kitty asked the others.

“I’m not sure about this assignment. I mean some of us aren’t very comfortable in front of crowds,” Kurt responded, playing with his image inducer.

“Ya, me either,” Peter replied.

“That’s understandable but even the backup singers have a role to play while on stage,” Ororo replied. “If I may?” she asked Kitty and she nodded. “I think we should look at it like a coach for an Olympic relay track team. You put your best people on first and last, knowing that if something happens in between, you will start and finish strong, leading to a possible victory.”

Her teammates were nodding, agreeing with her logic.

“So if we do, say Ro, Emma, Anna and I sung Katy Perry’s Teenage Dream, Scott, Bobby, Peter and Kurt sing Journey’s Don’t Stop Believing, then we can finish with Anna singing a solo,” Kitty recommended.

“I think Ro and I should finish with Mariah Carey’s Hero,” Anna replied, getting a shocked look from her sister, “Don’t try to act like you can’t sing just as good as I can.”

“Ro can sing?” Bobby asked.

“Yeap. She doesn’t do it often but she can and I’m sure with us as the final act, we’ll win.”

“Okay,” Kitty replied, “Everyone okay with the plan?” She got nods in response.

*~*~*~*~*~*


After an hour and a half, the teams were tied with one win a piece. The guys in group two couldn’t seem to get it together and barely made it through their song. The girls brought home a win with their song selection, going up against Remy, Rogue, and Logan doing a Black Eye Peas number.

Group one finished with Allison and Jubilee singing a heartfelt version of Katy Perry’s Firework that brought the crowd to their feet. Smirking as they got back to the table, Ororo looked at Anna and nodded, knowing that their time had come.

When Ororo and Anna stood, they heard some shocked gasps and groans from Group One. “Ro, I’m scared,” Anna whispered as they stepped on stage.

“When it’s your turn, just look at me and sing to me until you get comfortable, okay?” Ro whispered back, giving her hand a gentle squeeze. Anna squeezed back and took a deep breath, giving her sister a shaky smile. Ororo returned her smile and turned to face the audience, her eyes landing on the team and taking in the shocked expressions on the guys’ faces.

“Hi. My sister and I would like to dedicate this song to all the heroes in the house,” Ororo said just as the opening bars of Hero filled the air.

Taking a deep breath, Ororo’s eyes landed on Logan’s and she smiled at him before singing the song in her strong Alto.

Hero
There's a hero
If you look inside your heart
You don't have to be afraid
Of what you are
There's an answer
If you reach into your soul
And the sorrow that you know
Will melt away


Gazing out over the crowd, she could see people moving in their seat, lip syncing along with her. She noticed that even a few of them were standing, hugging themselves with tears in their eyes, singing along. She gave them all she had, not just for the exercise but because she believed in the lyrics of the song. She thought that the song was perfect for their teammates who truly were heroes, whether they realized it or not.

[Chorus:]
And then a hero comes along
With the strength to carry on
And you cast your fears aside
And you know you can survive
So when you feel like hope is gone
Look inside you and be strong
And you'll finally see the truth
That a hero lies in you


She finished strong and moved off the stage so Anna could see her as she took. Anna’s voice was strong as she sang the second verse.

It's a long road
When you face the world alone
No one reaches out a hand
For you to hold
You can find love
If you search within yourself
And the emptiness you felt
Will disappear

[Chorus]


Ororo got so caught in the song that she didn’t notice that her teammates had joined her as they watched Anna. Ro could see Anna relax and give more of herself as she sang.

Lord knows
Dreams are hard to follow
But don't let anyone
Tear them away
Hold on
There will be tomorrow
In time
You'll find the way


The sound of applause and cheers nearly drowned out Anna’s voice as she hit the notes. Meeting them just as Mariah did in her rendition of the song. The first line of the third verse caused more people to get to their feet, swaying in unison as they all were overcome with the emotion that Anna gave. Ororo knew that the tears in her eyes were real, causing her own to tear up. She felt an arm wrapped around her waist and looked over briefly to see that Logan was also under the spell of Anna’s voice.

[Chorus]

The roar of the crowd was deafening as she sang the last note. People gave her a standing ovation and cheered as she took a bow, being the ham she was, and stepped down off the stage. People congratulated her as she passed their table, stopping her for hugs, pats on shoulders, and handshakes.

Anna was collectively embraced by many of her teammates as they surrounded her, all talking at once, the exercise temporarily forgotten.

“You did great, babe,” Jibril said, embracing her and kissing her gently. He could feel her trembling and gave her a look and she nodded her head, letting him know she was okay. He let her go so the others could congratulate her.

“You brought the house down!! You’re going to totally win the talent show,” Allison gushed, “I don’t think I want to be in it anymore after hearing that!”

“That was soo awesome!!” Jubilee exclaimed.

“So cool,” Bobby said, high fiving her.

“Great job, Anna!” Scott told her, patting her shoulder as Jean hugged her.

“Yeah, ‘chere. Ya make ole Remy proud!” he said, hugging her quickly.

“Didn’t know ya had a set of pipes on ya like that, sugah,” Rogue told her, giving her a big hug.

“Thanks guys,” Anna replied before looking at her sister. Anna could see the tears in her eyes as she opened her arms and Anna filled them.

“You did it!!” Ro told her, “I’m soo proud of you! They won’t know what hit ‘em at that Talent Show!”

“Thanks Ro,” Anna said, pulling away and looking over at Logan.

“Ya did great, kiddo,” he told her, giving her a brief hug before ushering her to the table where Emma sat along with Peter and Kurt. The guys gave her compliments while Emma gave her a bored look before looking at her watch.

As the team settled down again, Scott stood with a smile on his face.

“Everyone did a good job in the exercise but there can only be one winner,” he began.

“Oh, get it over with already,” Bobby replied, making a few people chuckle.

Ignoring Bobby’s outburst, Scott continued, “And the winning group is, Group Two!!” Group two cheered as they high-fived each other across the table.

“So what did we win?” Kitty asked.

“You’ll see when we get back to the mansion,” Logan said, joining Scott, “Alright gang, time to hit the road.”

Logan took care of the check and soon the team was split into three vehicles, with Scott driving the Suburban, Logan driving the Charger and Remy driving the Jeep, heading back to the mansion.
A Visitor by stormlover
A/N: Well, we're at the half way point. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has read this fic. If you like it, take a moment to leave a review, letting me know what you think of the fic. Thanks again and here's the next chapter.



Chapter 16: A Visitor


“That was a very nice thing you did tonight,” Ororo told Logan as they took their nightly walk along the lake shore.

“What makes you think it was me?” he asked, pulling her toward him and turning so they could look out at the lake.

“Do you really expect me to think that a team building exercise at a karaoke club was Scott’s idea?” she asked.

“Well, when ya put it that way,” he replied, nuzzling her neck, “I wouldn’t either but truth be told he jumped at the idea when I mentioned it to him, which surprised me.”

“You know, for a guy who doesn’t do clubs, you sure have been clubbin’ a lot lately,” she teased.

“Technically, I’ve only been to one club twice. Club Mic is a karaoke restaurant,” he replied, turning her around so he could look in her face, “So it doesn’t count.”

“Mmm. Sure it doesn’t,” she replied, enjoying the warmth from his body.

“Besides, had I not gone to the club, ya wouldn’t have met me and been swept off yer feet by my charm,” he replied, kissing her forehead, making her giggle.

“Your charm?”

“Yeah. I can be charming when I want to be,” he replied, pulling back, giving her a mock look of indignation at her questioning his charming abilities.

“When you are, will you let me know so I can be a witness to it?” she replied and was tickled in response.

“Logan!! Stop,” she said giggling, trying to break away from his hold. When he stopped suddenly, she looked up at him, noticing the look of concentration on his face.

“What?” she asked.

“Shh,” he replied. His body stiffened and she felt him growl deep in his chest.

Without warning, Logan pushed her away as a brown blur collided with him, the momentum taking them toward the water.

Scrabbling to her feet, Ororo raised a fist, using electricity to turn her hand into a lantern and illuminated the fighting pair in the lake shallows. Sabretooth had gotten the upper hand and lifted Logan high above his head, tossing him like he weighed nothing, sending him flying through the air into the trees. Several trees fell as he flew through them.

Ororo had heard how Sabretooth was also a part of the experimentation that Logan endured. Though they had once fought side by side, when Logan freed from the mental shackles placed on them by the scientist, Sabretooth hated Logan because by destroying the lab, Logan ended any chance the larger mutant had of having metal on his bones. Since then, whenever Sabretooth saw an opportunity to harm Logan, he took it and so the feud began.

How he had gotten past the mansion’s security system was a mystery to be figured out later. Right now, Ororo had to prepare to do battle with an angry mutant that outweighed her by a couple hundred pounds and whose temper was just as fierce as Logan’s.

She hit the panic button on her comlink and heard the alarm going off in the mansion.

Hearing it as well, Sabretooth smiled wickedly as he made his way out of the water.

“Do ya really think they will be here in time to save ya?” he asked menacingly, moving with lightning speed to stand in front of her.

“I think you may be the one needing to be saved,” she replied evenly, not backing down from him.

“Mmmm, yer not afraid of me. Ya must not know who I am,” he said, relaxing his battle stance and doing a slow walk around her, “I haven’t seen ya here before because I definitely would have remembered a hot piece of ass like ya.”

Ororo keep her face impassive as he circled her.

“Damn girl, you smell good,” he said, leaning in very close to smell her, his face brushing lightly against her hair, “Especially when you get past the stink of Wolverine.”

“Get away from me,” she hissed through clenched teeth.

“Ohh and feisty too. Baby, ya need to come and be with a real man like me,” he replied, facing her, “And not a runt like Wolverine.”

Ororo didn’t appreciate him talking about Logan like that. “A man like you?” she scoffed, watching as his eyes narrowed. Aww, so he does have a weakness, she thought, keeping her face nonchalant and disinterested.

“You’re not much of one,” she told him, looking him in eyes, “Especially with all this damn fur. I’m into men, not animals.” She could see his eyes darken and knew that she had pushed the right button.

She ducked out of his way as he suddenly lunged, but wasn’t prepared for the swinging claw that caught her on the arm, causing three deep gashes in nearly the same place where Logan’s claws had left a mark. She gasped in pain, the momentum of his strike causing her to fall on her back. Before she could get to her feet, Sabretooth straddled her, snarling at her.

“I’m gonna show you just how much of an animal I can be,” he growled at her as he ran one claw down her leg, slicing through her pants, leaving a thick trail of blood in its wake, “And before I’m done, ya will be screaming for me, bitch!”

“Fuck you,” she spat in his face making him roar with anger before bringing his other hand up and slapping her, the force of the strike nearly dislocating her jaw. Groggy with pain, she fought against it to focus on using her powers against him.

A peal of thunder boomed and lightning struck the ground a few feet away from them. Instinctively, Sabretooth looked behind him and turned back to see that her eyes had become solid white.

Suddenly he was picked up by a gust of wind. His loud roar was cut off the instant he hit the ground by the massive lightning bolt that hit him, lighting up the night sky.

Ororo sat up slowly, gingerly touching her swollen lip as she felt a blood drop from her chin. Holding her injured arm to stem the bleeding, she looked over at Sabretooth as he laid a few feet away, convulsing in the sand as the volts worked their way through his body. The heavy stench of scorched hair rented the sky, causing Ororo to cough. Hearing a noise, she lifted a hand, armed with a lightning bolt, ready to defend herself.

Her eyes landed on Logan as he emerged from the woods, claws fully extended.

She could make out his heaving chest and the light reflected off his darkened eyes.

His gaze was analytical as he stalked closer to her, taking in her posture. She saw him sniff deeply. A loud, fearsome roar rented the air, startling her. If she hadn’t seen him do it with her own eyes, she would not have thought that a sound like that would come from Logan. She watched as he rushed toward Sabretooth who was still struggling with the effects of the lightning bolts.

“No,” she cried out, using the wind to push Logan away from the writhing man as their teammates reached the lake shore. She knew that Logan would suffer from the effect of the electricity was still coursing through Sabretooth if he came in contact of him. She struggled to hold him and the rest of the team at bay as she pulled the electricity from Sabretooth.

Ororo felt dizzy as the last of the electricity dissipated. She had never expended that amount of energy consistently and it, coupled with her blood loss, had drained her. Unable to stand, she collapsed, surrendering to the darkness.

*~*~*~*~*~*


Ororo awoke with a start. She groaned as the pain from her body registered in her mind.

“Lie still, baby,” she heard Logan say softly. She heard rustling and a beep and the top part of the bed began to lift, allowing her to sit up.

“Welcome back,” the Professor said from his place at the foot of the bed.

“What happened?” she asked, wincing as she discovered the pain in her face.

She saw Logan’s jaw harden at her reaction.

“Don’t you remember?” Charles asked.

She felt a slight mental nudge and the images from her encounter with Sabretooth flooded her mind. The image that stood out the most was the look on Logan’s face when he saw her and the roar he released as he headed toward Sabretooth. As that memory replayed in her mind, she looked over at Logan and reached out to touch his face.

“Are you okay?” she asked, looking into his eyes and seeing the grey was rimmed with black. She knew that look and what it meant. If she couldn’t talk him down, there was going to be hell to pay for what happened tonight.

He nodded, his eyes concerned. “Yeah. Better now that yer awake. How ya feelin’?”

“Everything hurts,” she replied. A thought suddenly came to mind, “Anna?”

“She had to be sedated. The guys couldn’t calm her down once she saw you,” the Professor said, looking over at the corner of the room where Anna lay, sleeping peacefully on one of the beds.

“And the others?” she asked.

“Everyone is fine. Just worried about you,” Charles told her as the infirmary doors opened and Hank and Scott walked in.

“Ah, our lovely patient is awake. How are you feeling, my dear?”

“Everything hurts,” she repeated.

“That’s to be expected. You’ve been through a terrible ordeal and lost a great deal of blood because Sabretooth nicked your brachial artery,” he told her, “But thankfully Logan is a universal donor so he donated enough to replace what you lost. Now, since this was our first blood transfusion, I’m not sure what the results will be but we’re hoping that the healing properties in his blood will supplement your own healing abilities and decrease your recovery time.”

“Hank, I don’t think she’s up for all of your medical talk right now,” Scott replied, taking in her sleepy, glazed over look.

“True but it was said for everyone’s benefit, not just hers,” Hank replied matter of factly, “Now that she’s awake, I must ask everyone to clear the room so that she can get some rest.”

“Take it easy for the next week or so, Ororo. Everything else can wait until you’re well again,” Charles told her before he nodded to Hank and Logan and turned, heading out the room.

“Logan,” Hank began.

“Not happening, so don’t ask,” Logan replied gruffly, setting his chair closer to Ro’s bed and taking her hand.

“If you insist,” Hank replied, going over to check on Anna who was still sleeping peacefully, “Anna should awaken in the morning. Good night all.” Hank walked out of the infirmary.

“Logan, you should go and get some rest as well,” Ororo said drowsily.

“Don’t worry ‘bout me. Ya just rest,” he said with a tone that told her even in her drowsy state that the conversation was done. He leaned over and kissed her lips softly, “I’ll see ya in the mornin’.”

She smiled and looked over at her sister before closing her eyes, falling into a restful sleep.

*~*~*~*~*~*


Ororo woke to the smell of breakfast. Her stomach growled in response, needing to be filled.

“Morning,” she said, as Logan sat the tray on the table in front of her.

“Mornin’,” he replied gruffly, kissing her forehead.

She could tell from his tone that he was still upset.

“Logan?”

“Ya need to eat,” he said, ignoring the question in her voice.

“Logan?”

“Not now, Ro. Remy’s gonna to sit with ya and Anna fer a while,” he told her as the door slid open and Remy entered, “I got some things I need to take care of.”

“What things?” she asked, knowing she should conserve her strength, possibly straining her already sore facial muscles.

“I’ll tell ya later,” he said dismissively before kissing her forehead, “Now eat.”

“Morning ‘chere,” Remy greeted her after he nodded a greeting to a fuming Logan as he exited the room.

“Morning, Remy,” Ororo replied softly, her eyes watching Logan as he exited. Sighing, she turned toward the tray, “Let me guess, this is the Logan everyone knows.”

“She smart and beautiful,” Remy replied playfully, glancing over at Anna as she stirred but stayed asleep.

“Whatever Remy,” she replied, taking a bite of her breakfast, “What happened after I blacked out? Did you guys have to fight Sabretooth?”

“More like save Sabretooth from the Wolverine.”

“That was the reason for the roar?”

“Yeap. Unnerving, non?”

“Very. I would not have believed it if I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes,” she replied taking a sip of juice.

“Remy thought ya met de Wolverine in de clearing?”

“I did but he didn’t roar,” she replied wiping her mouth, “How long does it normally take from him to come back to himself?”

“Depends on the situation. Remy tink this one got de Wolverine still scratching de surface,” Remy told her.

*~*~*~*~*~*


“What the hell, Forge! I thought the external security system was fully operational,” Logan growled at the inventor through their video phone connection.

“It is for the mansion and the main grounds. You and…what’s her name again?” Forge asked, struggling with the pronunciation of her name.

“Ro,” Logan said impatiently.

“Ro. That’s much easier to say,” he replied, getting distracted.

“Focus, Forge,” the Professor requested.

“Ah yes, you and Ro were possibly in an area where the system is still in test mode and would not have triggered the alarm.”

“Why was it in test mode?” Logan asked.

“I’m still working out the kinks. It was either the alarm sounds every time a wave crashes on the lake shore or set it in test mode so I can work out the kinks.”

“Did ya know about this, Chuck?” Logan asked the Professor.

“Not entirely,” the Professor responded, his eyes on Forge, “I knew it had some problems but not that it was in test mode.”

“Sorry about that. I got distracted by another project and the test mode went to the back burner. I will stop work on the other project and make this one a priority,” Forge replied, realizing he had dropped the ball.

“Damn right ya will,” Logan replied heatedly.

“Logan, please,” Charles began.

“Don’t tell me to calm down Chuck,” Logan told him, “Because of this fool, Sabretooth came to the grounds and beat and nearly raped Ro. How in the fuck am I suppose to calm down after some shit like that?”

“Watch your mouth when you’re talking me, young man,” the Professor snapped, his patience growing short, “I understand you’re upset about what happened but that doesn’t give you the right to disrespect me in my house.”

Logan glared at the Professor, breathing heavily as he struggled to restrain the beast within. After a few minutes, he was able to speak. “Sorry but I meant what I said.”

“Duly noted,” Charles replied, glancing over at Scott who remained silent, “Scott, will you work with Forge and Hank to make sure the entire property is covered by the security system and that it is fully operational?”

“Yes sir,” Scott replied.

Looking back to the screen, Charles continued, “Forge, we will prepare a room for you and expect your arrival within the week.” Forge sighed and was about to disagree but the Professor fixed him with a look that shut him up.

“Logan, come with me,” the Professor said as he headed toward automatic doors, exiting the War Room without a backward glance. Logan followed, reluctantly, knowing he was about to have his ass handed to him.

“I expect you as the co-leader of my team to be able to control your emotions while communicating with others regarding our business,” Charles said, turning to face the teen and took in the teen’s angry scowl, “I took a chance on selecting you as team leader. I did so with the thought that you would rise to the occasion and you have in some areas. It’s the other areas, like your mouth and quick temper that still make me question my decision. I know that your temper and mouth is as much as part of you as your mutation but I expect you to work on getting those in check when handling team business or I will need to relieve you of your leadership role. Am I clear?”

“Crystal,” Logan replied.

“Good, now go check on the ladies. I sense Anna wakening and Remy will need your assistance.”

“And Sabretooth?” Logan asked. He knew that the Team had placed the unconscious mutant in the holding cell, near the Danger Room.

“A Team is in route as we speak to secure his transportation to the nearest security facility. The service elevator will be used for his removal. Now, if you will excuse me, I have some things to attend to,” Charles told him, turning his chair in the direction of the elevator.

“Chuck,” Logan called out and the Professor turned to face him.

“Thanks.”

*~*~*~*~*~*


Anna’s waking up proved to be a test of the healing properties of Logan’s blood that flowed in her body. Anna looked over at her sister and hopped out of her bed and launched herself at Ro, upsetting the table that was thankfully cleared by a quick thinking Remy.

“Ro,” Anna cried, clutching to her sister, crying hard.

“I’m okay, Anna,” Ro struggled to say as Anna hugged her neck tightly. Ro felt the stitches being stretched. “Anna, baby you have to get up. You’re on my stitches.”

“Oh, sorry,” she said, releasing her hold and standing, wiping her eyes with the back of her hands, “I was so scared!”

“Yeah, me too,” Ro replied as the doors opened and Logan walked in, “But I’m fine now. So don’t worry. Go upstairs and get you some breakfast, okay?”

“Come on, ‘chere,” Remy said, holding out a hand to Anna, “Rogue making waffles and has a plate of ‘em waiting for ya.”

“I’ll be back okay?” Anna replied and Ororo nodded as she leaned over and kissed her cheek, “Love you.”

“Love you too,” she said as Remy escorted Anna out the room. Anna turned before the doors closed and waved.

Silence fell over the room. Logan walked around to the other side of the bed and looked down at the bandage on her arm and noticed the fresh blood that stained the gauze.

“Ro?”

“Anna got a bit excited and ended up on my arm,” she replied, watching him closely, “Logan, I’m fine.”

“Didn’t she see the bandage?” he muttered angrily going to sink to wash his hands.

“She wasn’t thinking Logan,” she said, listening closely as he rummaged around behind her. Soon he was back at her side and started cutting the stained dressing.

“She needs to be careful ‘round ya while yer healing,” he replied.

“Okay. I’ll let her know when she returns. Will that make you feel better?”

“No.”

“Okay. Then tell me what needs to happen for you to feel better, Logan?” she replied, gazing down at her arm when he removed the covering. She bit her lip to prevent the gasp from escaping but Logan looked at her. He had heard it and she saw that his eyes started to darken again.

“Logan…”

“This shit shouldna happened in the first place,” he said angrily.

“Are we back to this again?” she asked, feeling a sense of déjà vu, feeling like they were having a repeat of the conversation they had after the incident in the clearing. She jumped a bit when he touched the ointment to her arm.

“Sorry,” he grumbled.

Ororo moved her arm from his hold when he finished, causing him to look up at her questioningly. She shifted a bit and opened her arm, unable to lift her injured one.

“Can I get a hug?”

His face softened and he carefully let down the arm of the bed. He leaned in and embraced her, mindful of her arm. After a moment, she whispered, “Thank you for protecting me.”

“But I didn’t,” he replied his voice thick with emotion.

“Shhh, we’re having a moment here,” she said playfully, “You did. If you hadn’t pushed me away, who knows what kind of injuries I would have.”

She felt him nod against her shoulder. “Baby, I know your goal is to keep us safe and happy and it gets to you when something goes wrong but things are going to happen. So the most important thing is what you do in response to those incidents,” she told him, rubbing his back gently, feeling the tension leave his body. He pulled back a bit and kissed her. “Oh and one more thing,” she said, as they parted, “Tell the Wolverine I said thanks for scaring the mess out of me.”

“Yer welcome,” a deep rumbling voice. She looked at him and he gave her a feral grin, his black eyes shining. She watched in awe as his eyes turned grey and Logan was himself again.

“That wasn’t funny,” she told him, hitting his shoulder.

“What? He heard ya and wanted to respond,” Logan told her.

“Who would have thought that the Wolverine would have a sense of humor?”

“Yeah, who’d ah thought,” Logan replied, smiling.

“Now that’s more like it,” she replied, referring to his smile, “That’s the Logan I’ve come to love.”

“Love?” he asked.

“Ummm,” she began but was interrupted as Anna, Rogue, Kitty, Jibril, Remy, Scott, and Jean entered the infirmary.

Saved by the bell, she thought.

“You’re not getting off that easily,” he whispered to her, kissing her cheek before turning to greet their friends.
Talent Show by stormlover
Chapter 17: Talent Show


“Ro, I can’t do it,” Anna told her for the third time as Ororo sat in their room, watching her sister pace.

It had been three days since the incident with Sabretooth. Her arm, though still in a sling to prevent her from moving it much, was mostly healed, thanks to Logan’s donated blood. True to his word, the Professor had given her the week off but after a few hours of doing nothing, she started working again. Her compromise was to take the afternoons off once the students arrived from school so she could help the girls get ready for the talent show and help organize the Mutant X Factor extravaganza.

Charles agreed to her compromise and now she sat, watching her sister pace, the same thing she had done since she arrived home.

“Okay, tell me what’s really wrong?” Ororo said, getting to her feet and stopping her sister’s movements, “Three days ago, you couldn’t sit still because you couldn’t believe you were selected and now after being back at school one day, you’re ready to give up? Something’s not right and I need you to tell me what it is.”

“Nothing happened,” Anna said, unable to meet her sister’s questioning gaze.

“Lil’ girl, please. Try that with someone who doesn’t know you,” Ro said, “You’re lying and you’re going to tell me what happened.”

“Will you stop calling me that?” Anna said, silently happy for the change in subject as she threw her sister an indignant look before going over to the balcony and snatching open the curtains.

“Fine, I’ll stop calling you that if you tell me what’s wrong,” Ro responded going over to join her.

“The whole school was talking about the selections. During lunch today, the upperclassmen in the show started talking loudly about how I didn’t deserve the spot and that I should give it up to someone who could really sing,” she told her, looking out over the grounds, not wanting her sister to see how hurt she was.

“Okay and what did you do?”

“Nothing. I just kept walking and acting like I didn’t hear them. Then they started talking about my clothes and shoes when they couldn’t get a rise out of me, saying how they were from Walmart and how poor we were. Logan shut them up when he heard it but the damage had been done,” she replied, a tear sliding down her face, “So I don’t want to do the talent show anymore.”

“Really? You’re going to let some kids make you turn down the one thing other than the swim team that you’ve gotten excited about since going to that school?” Ororo asked incredulously, not believing that this was her sister, “Who are you and what have you done with my sister? The Anna I know would have told them to kiss her ass and then did all in her power to prove them wrong.”

She heard her sister sniff before she looked at her, her eyes shining with unshed tears. “Anna, you are a beautiful girl with an outstanding voice and you have a chance to show those kids and everyone else that you earned that spot,” she told her, turning her to look at her, “Don’t you let those kids discourage you from anything that you want to do. You’ve come too far to give up now and I will be damn if I let you let some spoiled brats poison your mind. You are better than that and you know it. It doesn’t matter where you came from. What matters is what you do with the blessings you’ve been given. Remember where we’ve come from and what we have had to overcome to be where we are.”

Anna didn’t speak as the tears fell freely.

“Now, do I need to come up to the school and put them kids in their place?” Ro replied.

“No,” Anna said, knowing that she would, “I got it.”

“You sure, because you know all I need to do is blink and them kids won’t know what hit ‘em,” she said, teasingly but serious.

“No, Ro. I got it,” Anna said before hugging her sister tight, “Thanks.”

“No problem, lil…Anna,” Ro stuttered but was rewarded with a smile from her sister.

“Okay, so now that you are feeling better, what do you say we go and work on the song?”

“Sure.”

*~*~*~*~*~*


“Stop fidgeting,” Ro told Anna as she finished her makeup.

“Ro, you’re taking too long,” Anna replied, “It’s almost time.”

“Hush girl, I got this,” Ro said, adding one final touch before turning her sister to the mirror, “Now, open your eyes.”

Anna looked and couldn’t believe her eyes. She was amazed at the image before her. She knew her sister was good with makeup and had worked wonders before but she outdid herself this time.

“Ro, it’s perfect,” Anna said, getting to her feet and hugging her sister tight.

Ro chuckled and hugged her back. “Alright, that’s enough. Don’t wrinkle your outfit. I’m going to grab my seat. Knock ‘em dead, doll,” she told her, grabbing her purse and heading to the door.

“Ro,” Anna called out and she looked back, “Love you.”

“Love you too.”

*~*~*~*~*~*


Anna took her place at the microphone as the noise died down from the cheers that greeted her when her name was called. She looked out over the seemingly endless sea of people and got stage fright. Panicking, she looked around for her sister but could not see her. Just when she was ready to give up, she heard “Bandit!” to her right and when she looked, she saw her sister standing, along with Logan, Jibril, Remy and Rogue.

“YOU GOT THIS!!” Ororo shouted, cupping her hands around her mouth to amplify her words.

Anna nodded and gave the musician the signal and began the song Listen from the Dream Girls Movie soundtrack.

Listen to the song here in my heart
A melody I start but can't complete
Listen to the sound from deep within
It's only beginning
To find release

Oh,
The time has come
For my dreams to be heard
They will not be pushed aside and turned
Into your own
All cause you won't
Listen...

[Chorus:]
Listen,
I am alone at a crossroads
I'm not at home in my own home
And I've tried and tried
To say what's on my mind
You should have known
Oh,
Now I'm done believing you
You don't know what I'm feeling
I'm more than what you made of me
I followed the voice you gave to me
But now I gotta find my own.

You should have listened
There is someone here inside
Someone I thought had died
So long ago

Oh I'm screaming out, and my dreams will be heard
They will not be pushed aside or worked
Into your own
All cause you won't
Listen...

[Chorus]

I don't know where I belong
But I'll be moving on
If you don't...
If you won't...


...listen to the song here in my heart
A melody I've started but I will complete
Oh,
Now I'm done believing you
You don't know what I'm feeling
I'm more than what you've made of me
I followed the voice you think you gave to me
But now I gotta find my own,
My own.


The roar of the crowd was deafening as Anna finished her last note. Ororo looked around and saw that the crowd was on its feet! She looked back at her sister with a huge smile and received one back in return.

Anna bowed and waved as she left the staging, the crowd still cheering.

Her performance was one of the last three for the night. When the last act finished, the MC walked back on stage and asked all the contestants to return to the stage.

“We’ve seen the best and the brightest Bayville High has to offer. Let’s give all of our contestants a big hand,” the MC said, clapping along with the crowd. When the noise died down, he pulled the envelope from his pocket.

“And now for the winners. In third place…”

*~*~*~*~*~*


“Soo, how does it feel?” Ororo asked her sister as they sat at a table at Club Mic.

“Okay. I was hoping to win but second place is good, I guess,” Anna replied smiling at her.

“Girl, please stop with modesty act,” Allison replied, nudging Anna with her elbow, making her smile, “You were awesome and deserved the trophy. If you ask me, I think you won but because Natalie’s a senior, I guess the judges took pity on her and wanted to give it to her since it was her last year.”

“I agree,” Jibril replied as he and Logan approached the table, “Them judges were confused but that’s all good. There’s always next year.”

“But until then, we got you this so you know you’re always a winner in our book, kiddo,” Logan said unveiling the large sheet cake with an image of Anna in the center, singing at Club Mic.

“Oh my goodness,” Anna said, standing to get a better look, “When did you, how did you?” She looked up at the guys and smiled, tears coming to her eyes.

“Remy is a pretty good cell phone photographer,” Rogue replied.

“Yeah, that be Remy’s job. To capture the moments,” he replied, pulling Rogue toward him for a hug and quick kiss.

“So say a few words, cut the cake, and choose a song,” Logan said, holding Ororo, an arm around her waist.

“Well, guys, I can’t thank you enough. Jibril, Remy, Logan, and Rogue, thanks for being my captive audience even after hearing the song a hundred times. Ali, Kitty, and Jubes, thanks for your advice and sisterhood. It really meant a lot to have your support especially being that we were in competition with each other,” Anna said.

“Girl, you know we got your back. X-Men look out for each other,” Jubilee replied.

“I’m learning that every day,” she replied with a smile before turning to her sister, “And none of this could have been possible if a weird looking black chick hadn’t taken pity on me and brought me along with her. Thanks Ro for everything. I wouldn’t be here had it not been for you and could not have done this without you.”

Anna went over and hugged her sister, Logan stepping back to give her access.

“Thanks for everything Ro. I love you,” Anna whispered.

“Love you too,” Ororo replied as she pulled away and wiped the tears from Anna’s face as she smiled, “Now, enough of the water works, Aqua. Cut your cake and pick a song.”

“Only if you sing with me,” Anna countered.

“Nope, you’re in a different league than me now. I’m not worthy to share the stage with you,” Ororo replied, leaning back close to her sister, “But my goal is to get you know who to the mic for a duet.”

“In yer dreams, darlin’,” Logan replied from the other side of the table, having heard what his girlfriend said.

“I tell you, there’s no privacy when you have a man with super keen senses,” Ororo joked.

“Got that right,” Logan replied, causing everyone to laugh.

The Team made it back to the mansion almost at midnight. Tired and ready to turn in, most of the group headed to their rooms, mindful of their noise level as they made their way through the dimly lit halls.

“Ready to head up?” Logan asked Ororo as they sat in the Charger, watching as Anna and Jibril walked toward the mansion, his arm around her waist, her head on his shoulder.

“No. You?”

“I can hang as long as ya can,” he replied, reclining both seats and opening the moonroof.

“Ya okay?” he asked, leaning back and looking over at her, enjoying how her eyes twinkled in the moonlight.

“I’m fine,” she replied. He could hear the sleepiness in her voice. “Have you ever had a moment in your life where you were afraid to be too happy? Like if you were, then immediately things would change and bad stuff would start happening?”

He knew exactly what she meant. That’s the way he felt after she agreed to become his girlfriend and many days after, especially when they were alone, like now.

“Yeah,” he replied simply.

“How did you move from one moment to the next? I mean, what do you do when the fear tries to overshadow the happiness?”

He reached over and took her hand and kissed it gently, holding it in his. “I just focus on the happiness and keep it movin’. I’ve had a lot of shit happen in my life and I try to hold onto the happiness I have as long as I can,” he replied.

“But aren’t you afraid of the bad stuff happening again and life going back to being shitty?” she asked, hiding a yawn behind her other hand.

“Yeap but if I let that fear rule my life, when will I have a chance to enjoy the happiness? Ro, all ya can do is live one moment at a time and enjoy every moment of happiness ya have. Then ya deal with the bad stuff when it happens and try to remember yer happier times to help get ya through the bad times.”

“Wise words from a wise guy,” she replied sleepily.

“I’m sure I got that from the Prof at one point or another,” he replied, not wanting to take the credit for his perceived wisdom.

“That may be true but you had to understand it enough to be able to reiterate it. Some of the credit goes to you for being a willing recipient of the wisdom,” she told him with her eyes closed.

“True,” he replied, thinking about what she said. He loved to hear her talk like that, sharing her own wisdom with him. “Ro?”

“Hmm?” she asked, her eyes still closed.

“I need to tell ya something,” he started.

“Okay,” she said softly.

“Since we’ve been together, I’ve had some of the happiest days I’ve ever had and I want to thank ya for being a part of it,” he told her.

“Mmm hmm,” she replied, her breath becoming slower, as she drifted off to sleep.

Knowing she was asleep, Logan leaned over and whispered in her ear, “I love you, Ororo Munroe.” He kissed her cheek gently before pulling away, content with watching her sleep in the moonlight.

Thirty minutes later, Logan made his way into the mansion, his sleeping girlfriend in his arms. As he neared her room, he heard the unmistakable sounds of someone making love. When he heard Anna call out Jibril’s name and picked up their combined scents, he knew the stuff was about to hit the fan.

Wanting to delay the heartache that his girlfriend was sure to experience, he passed her room and headed to his own, laying her on his bed. He sat up, watching her sleep, blissfully unaware of the coupling that was taking place next door. He waited until he heard the bedroom door open before stepping out of his and confronting Jibril.

“What the hell did ya do?” Logan asked him in a low growl, causing Jibril to jump a foot in the air.

“Man, don’t do that,” he replied, his hand over his chest, willing his heart to slow down.

“I’m not the one ya need to be worried about. What the hell were ya two doing?” he asked.

“Man, ya know how it is. She was feeling good and we had talked about it so we figured we would take the next step, ya know,” Jibril replied, happy to be able to share his conquest with one of his friends.

“So it was something ya both agreed too?” he asked, crossing his arms in front of him.

“Yeah, we talked about it and knew we wanted to do it.”

“What about Ro?”

“What do ya mean, what about Ro?” Jibril asked dumbly.

“Did ya talk about what would happen if she found out?”

“To be honest, dude, no. We didn’t have that conversation. I mean, she’s fifteen, I’m sixteen, no parents, and we were careful. I thought it would be all good,” he replied, his hand nervously rubbing the back of his neck, not wanting to think about the wrath of his girlfriend’s sister when she found out, “Besides, Anna said it was cool and that ya and Ro were probably doing the same thing so we didn’t think it would be a problem.”

“Yeah, well ya thought wrong. Man, after all those girls been through, why in the hell would ya let something like this happen?”

“Man, Logan, it wasn’t like that. She wanted it as much as I did.”

“Ya missing the forest for the tree, bub,” Logan replied, reaching for the door knob and pushing Jibril inside.

“Logan,” Anna gasped, covering herself with her blanket.

“What happened Anna?” Logan asked, his arms crossed in front of his chest.

“Nothing I didn’t want to happen,” she replied defiantly, looking from him to Jibril who stood next to the bed.

She’s got balls, Logan thought.

“What ya gonna tell Ro?”

“Nothing. I’m grown. This is my life and I choose to live it how I want,” she replied, carefully tucking the sheet around her body so she could stand.

“Really?” Logan asked, about to call her bluff, “Well, then. I guess ya don’t care if I tell Ro about this.” He turned toward the door and Anna shouted, “No, don’t.”

“Thought so,” he replied, turning back to face her, his face a mask of anger, “Now tell me one good damn reason why I shouldn’t? Ya know what she’s trying to do for ya. Now ya want to go and try to fuck up everything.”

“Logan, I…” Anna began, a tear sliding down her cheek.

“Logan, I nothing. Ya need to come clean with Ro about this and do it soon or else I will,” he said angrily before leaving out the room and heading back to his.
Hits the Fan by stormlover
Chapter 18: Hits the Fan


Still working half days as she continued to recover from her injuries, Ororo headed up to her room, needing to talk to her sister. She wanted to see why Anna had been acting strangely since the night of the Talent Show. Anna had started to hang out with her friends more so than her and that was to be expected but it seemed like Anna was avoiding her.

Wanting to get to the bottom of it, she opened the door and called out, “Anna, what’s…” Ororo couldn’t finish the rest of her question. She found her sister and Jibril in bed, having sex.

“What the fuck are you doing?” Ororo yelled before she knew it, the air in the room growing thicker by the second.

“Ro, I can explain…” Anna started, reaching for the sheet to cover her breasts.

“Explain? Really? How in the fuck do you think you can explain this?” she asked.

“Ro, calm down,” Anna replied fearfully as the wind picked up in the room, causing items from their dresser to fly through the air.

“Don’t tell me to calm down. How could you? After all of the shit I’ve done for you, breaking my back, going without so that you can have, just to have you try to fuck it up by screwing Jibril?” Ro spat at her, her eyes changing colors.

“Ro, we thought you knew,” Jibril said, trying to shield Anna from the floating debris, “Logan…”

“What about Logan?” she asked, her voice low.

“We thought he told ya. He said if we didn’t, he would and I thought…” Jibril continued, not realizing the mistake he was making.

“Why would he need to tell me anything about something going on with you?” Ro asked her sister.

“Because I knew how you would act if I told you about this,” she replied, getting to her feet and ducking as a glass flew at her.

“Really? So me finding out by walking in on you fucking Jibril was better than you telling me?” Ro asked, forcing the wind to die in the room but thunder boomed outside.

“Either way, you would have had the same reaction.”

“And why not? You’re risking everything we’ve worked for, for fifteen minutes of pleasure,” Ro shouted.

“Hey, I resent that,” Jibril responded, taking offense.

“Shut up,” the sisters yelled at him in unison.

“Ro, it was just sex. Damn, get a clue,” Anna responded, throwing on her clothes.

“Just sex? And what happens if you get pregnant? What happens when the Professor finds out?” she asked her sister, going toward her, “Why would you risk derailing our plans for that?”

“It wasn’t my plan. It was yours. I never wanted any part of it,” Anna yelled back.

“What? Are you kidding me? Who was the one crying to me about being tired of living the way we did weeks ago? You were just as tired as I was living on the street, struggling to get by, stealing money to get food,” Ro told her, “You had every opportunity to voice your opinion about it. You had a chance to go against it and for what? There was nothing left for us out there. Did you forget about what happened at the club the night we got here? That was the path we were heading down if something didn’t happen. Did you forget that you were the one who convinced me to listen to Remy and Logan that night to come to the mansion?”

“No, I haven’t forgotten but that doesn’t mean that I wanted the same thing you wanted. I am content in my life right now and the only thing that was lacking was some passion, so I got some,” Anna replied, “I didn’t tell you because you wouldn’t understand being the overbearing, frigid bitch always in my fucking business and trying to control my life.”

“You wouldn’t have a fucking life if it wasn’t for me taking your ass out of that foster care system where the only thing they thought you were good for was what is between your legs. And then you turn around and willingly give it up to some boy you’ve only known a few weeks?” she replied angrily, “You became my fucking business when I made the decision to bring you with me. Now that you’re in a safe place with what you need, I’m an overbearing frigid bitch trying to control your life?”

“Yeap and I don’t need you anymore. I got my own life and you need to get yours,” Anna replied nastily, “So fuck off, Ro.”

“Fuck off? How dare you say that to me after all I’ve done for you?” Ro said, snatching her arm and forcing her to look at her after she turned her back on her.

“Yeah, fuck off and take your hands off me!! I’m not your fucking child. And you’re not my mother. You can’t keep treating like a kid. I’m just as grown as you are,” she shot back, facing off with her.

Jibril had snuck out while the two girls argued and went to get help. Logan and Rogue were with Kitty, Jean, and Jubilee on a mission, leaving Remy, Peter, Alison, and Emma to man the fort. Jibril found Remy and Peter first, telling them they needed to get to Ro’s room fast.

Remy dropped what he was doing and ran to their room, just in time to see Anna rear back and swing at Ororo. Ro called up a wind and slammed her into the opposite wall, pinning the girl.

“If that’s how you feel, then fine. Get your shit and get the fuck out of my room and my life. Do whatever the hell you want because from this point on, I don’t give a good gotdamn what or who you do,” Ro yelled at Anna before turning and blowing the balcony doors open and flying out of them, into the stormy weather.

As soon as she left the room, the wind died down and Anna landed in a crying heap on the floor. Remy and Jibril rushed to her side. Snatching away from both of them, she got up and ran out of the room.

“What the hell happened, J?” Remy asked, looking around at the destruction of the room and wondering where his friends had gone.

“It’s a long story,” Jibril replied, walking toward the door with Remy behind him, going to search for his girlfriend.

Ororo, please return to the mansion, Charles requested telepathically.

Not right now, Professor. I’m sorry but I really need some time away, she replied, as the wind dried her tears as they fell.

Very well. Return when you’re ready. We will be here. Be safe, he replied.

Thank you, she replied, encouraging the wind to blow faster.

*~*~*~*~*~*


“Anna?” Jibril called out as he approached her sitting on the dock at the lake.

Her hair was wet from the rain shower that ended when Ororo left the mansion.

“I’ve really messed up now,” she replied, staring out at the lake, clutching the sheet to her.

“It can be fixed,” he replied, signaling to Remy that he had could take it from there.

“Not when you basically tell the person you love to fuck off and that you don’t need her anymore,” she replied looking over at him with tear filled eyes, “I hurt her, Jibril. I never meant to say all those things to her ever because I know she does it because she loves me.”

Jibril wrapped her in his arms as the sobs racked her body. “I didn’t mean to say that to her but I couldn’t control it.”

“It’s okay, baby. We’ll get through this together,” Jibril reassured her.

*~*~*~*~*~*


That was a fuckin’ waste of time, Logan thought as they exited the Blackbird, worn out from their day long mission, returning empty handed.

Though tired and hungry, Logan did the first thing he did whenever he returned from a mission, he looked for Ro. Walking through the foyer, he noticed Remy entering the mansion.

“Hey,” Logan greeted him and he jumped, startled by his voice.

“What’s wrong with ya? Why ya jumping like ya seen a ghost or something?” Logan asked, smelling the anxiousness wafting off him, “What’s wrong?”

“Ro’s gone,” Remy said simply.

“What do ya mean, Ro’s gone?” Logan asked, his anger rising, “Where did she go?”

“Don’t know, mon ami. She had a fight with Anna about Jibril and left,” Remy replied, suddenly tired.

“Fuck,” Logan cursed, turning and heading to the War Room.

Logan, she needs some time alone, Charles told him telepathically.

She’ll get it after I find her, Logan replied.

Logan pulled up the list of comlinks and clicked on Ororo’s name. When he saw the address, a smile crossed his face and he headed to the garage.

“Ya find ‘er?” Remy asked, waiting for Logan in the garage.

“Yeah, I’ll bring ‘er home. Stay with Anna and make sure she’s okay,” Logan told him and Remy nodded, watching Logan peel out of the garage, hot on the trail of his girlfriend.

*~*~*~*~*~*


She knew it wouldn’t take long for her friends to find her. Not that she was hiding or anything, she just didn’t want to be at the mansion.

The words her sister said to her reverberated in her mind, making the tears spring up in her eyes again. She heard the pitter patter of the rain and knew that her careful training had been undone by her emotional outburst and current state. She concentrated on pulling the rain back and could feel the rain lessen to a gentle sprinkle.

Club Mic was slow for a Monday and the wait staff were walking around, stocking items in between taking care of their customers. The waitress for Ororo’s table came and refilled her water glass and asked if she was ready to order. It was the third time she had asked the question and the waitress hoped that the teary eye woman would order something other than water and was rewarded when she asked for a small cheeseburger combo.

“It’ll be right up,” she told her, starting to walk away but the sadness in Ororo’s eyes stopped her. The waitress turned and sat across from her.

“I know it’s none of my business, hun, but just keep the faith. All things will work out for the best,” the waitress told her, patting her hand comfortingly before getting to her feet and heading away before Ororo could respond.

Sighing, she reached for a napkin to wipe her eyes and heard a familiar voice.

“Come here often?”

She looked up and saw a blast from her past. Her heart rate increased as her eyes fell on the man from her dreams. It can’t be, she thought, her face becoming an emotionless mask.

“No,” she replied simply and looked away, hoping he would get the hint. She had asked for a table toward the back so she could be alone and had been given one. Now she wished she had asked for one closer to the rest of the diners. Now the one person who she hoped she would never see again stood in front of her.

“You know, of all of the foster kids that came through, I could never forget the one that got away,” he said, sliding in the chair across from her and touching her hand, “Ya left a lasting impression on me that night and I’ve had a flame burning for ya ever since.”

Ororo recoiled at his touch and gazed back at him with hate filled eyes, saying nothing.

“I noticed ya here the other day with a larger group of misfits and hoped that ya would return alone and lo n behold, my prayer was answered,” he said, giving her a leering smile that made her flesh crawl.

“Not tonight it hasn’t. So if you don’t mind, I would like to be alone,” she replied as calmly as she could.

“Now, ya see, since I feel like God sent ya back heah for me, I can’t rightly do that,” he replied leaning back in his chair.

“God doesn’t know you,” she replied, feeling the emotion building in her chest. “Now, I’m asking you one more time to please leave me alone,” she replied, her voice getting deeper.

She’s one of them muties, he thought excitedly, seeing the flash of white in her eyes and hearing her voice deepen. I always knew she was special. “Now Roro, don’t be like that. We old friends. Can’t a pair of old friends share a meal?” he asked as the waitress delivered her order. She glared at him as he continued talking, pulling fries from her plate.

Disgusted beyond belief, Ro got to her feet and left, not looking back when he called out after her. She gave the waitress more than enough to cover her bill and tip, and headed outside. Once out in the cool night air, she took a deep breath and released it slowly. Before she could take a step, someone grabbed her from behind.

“I told ya, ya would be mine, bitch and I mean that,” he said, slobbering on her neck, a chill running down her spine.

It pissed her off that he had the gall to touch her “Get your fucking hands off me, you nasty bastard,” Ororo said angrily, throwing her head back, viciously head-butting him in his nose.

He yelped in surprise and released her, kneeling on the ground as blood poured through his hands.

“Bitch, ya broke my nose,” he replied, hocking and spitting a bloody blob in her direction which she sent right back at him, “You dirty mutie.”

Ororo had turned to walk away but his comment struck a chord and she turned back to face him. “So because I’m a mutant I’m dirty? What about you, you scaly bastard? You enjoy ruining little girls’ lives by touching them inappropriately and taking something that should be given? What does that make you?”

“The scum of the fucking earth and if I was a different person, I would rid the world of your presence but I will not lower myself to your level,” she replied, looking down at him, “But if you ever touch me again, it will be the last thing you do.”

She turned and calmly started walking toward the edge the parking lot. She heard a familiar roar as the bike pulled into the parking lot and for a moment, she forgot about the man behind her. Suddenly, she heard her name and turned away from her boyfriend to see the bloodied man charging her.

Before she could call up a bolt of lightning, she was pushed aside as Logan tackled the guy. Ororo could hear the sickening sound of breaking bones when Logan collided with the guy. Scrambling to her feet, she watched as Logan landed three blows in rapid succession.

“Logan, stop!” she pleaded, knowing better than to get any closer to them.

Breathing hard, he looked back at her, his eyes solid black, his fist raised in mid swing.

“Please. He’s not worth it,” she told him, reaching out a hand to him, “Please.”

He looked back down at the unconscious man and growled. He knew the guy was still breathing but barely. As he stood, two police cruisers slid to a stop in the parking lot a few feet away from them, sirens wailing and lights flashing. The cops hopped out of their cars and rushed over, their hands hovering over their weapons as people from the restaurant came out of the building to investigate.

After giving their statements, Ororo and Logan were free to go. He had been given some ice for his hand by the waitress who testified that the guy was a creep and had been bothering Ororo before the altercation.

After the ambulance took the guy away, Logan walked her to his bike.

“Ya okay?”

“Yeah,” she replied, hugging herself.

“Come ‘ere,” he said, pulling her to him as he leaned against the bike, taking a subtle sniff.

“Did he touch you?” he growled, smelling the sickening smell of the man on her.

“Yes but I’m okay,” she said, immediately feeling him tense in her arms. She looked up at him as his eyes became solid black again. He turned and watched the ambulance as it moved out of sight.

“Logan,” she said, trying to get his attention. She reached up and caressed both cheeks with her hands, slowly turning his face toward her.

“Look at me,” she told him, as his eyes fell to meet hers, “Wolverine, it's okay. Everything is fine. I’m okay. I need Logan now, please.”

She watched, still amazed in the transformation, as his eyes changing from black to grey.

“Why did he touch you?” Logan asked, his voice still deep and rumbling.

This time, he felt her body tense up and he held her at arm's length so he could look her in her face. She lowered her head. Needing to see her eyes, he lifted her chin with his finger but she refused to meet his gaze.

“Ro?” he demanded in a low growl.

“He haunts my dreams,” she replied softly before she sighed.

“What?”

“He was my first foster father,” she replied, chuckling humorlessly, “The first to molest me and the first guy I fought off me.” Stepping away from his embrace, she looked up at him with defiant, tear filled eyes. “I guess it true what they say…you never forget your first.”

“Why didn’t ya say somethin’?” he asked, grabbing her arms roughly.

“For what? So you could kill him?” she asked, snatching away from him and glaring back at him.

“It would have been worth it,” he growled, his claws inching out.

Sighing, she knew if she didn’t calm down, there would be no stopping him.

“No, it wouldn’t. Not if it means you adding more blood to your hands,” she said calmly, take a step closer to him and laying her hands on top of his, “I believe he will get what’s coming to him sooner than later and when that happens, it will be more than we could ever do to him.”

“I wouldn’t bet on it,” he growled as he slowly retracted his claws, careful not to nick her.

“Maybe, but there is one thing you can do for me,” she replied, stepping in between his arms and wrapping her arms around his neck, smiling when his hands went around her waist.

“And that would be?” he asked, calmed by her touch.

“Finding a reasonable hotel for the night,” she replied, “I think we could both use some rest.”

*~*~*~*~*~*


Twenty minutes later, Logan unlocked the door to the room. He requested one with two beds, not wanting to give Ro the impression that he expected anything. When she saw the room, she smiled at his consideration.

“Go hop in the shower. I’m going to grab us some grub,” he told her, kissing her temple, “Be right back.”

Ororo took a long shower with very hot water in an effort to rid herself of the smell of her foster father. Though she believed she could still smell it, she knew it was only in her head. Stepping out, she wrapped her hair in a towel as she dried her body. With nothing else to wear, she threw on her shirt and panties to sleep in.

When she stepped out the bathroom, Logan looked up from the TV and gave her a tried smile.

“You look like you’re ready to drop,” she told him, going to his side and touching his cheek. He closed his eyes as he leaned into the touch.

“I am but wanta take a shower and eat first,” he replied, opening his eyes and getting to his feet, “I picked up some stuff from the gift shop I thought we could use. Back in a few.”

She checked the bag and saw toothbrushes, toothpaste, deodorant, and bodywash. Laid out on the bed was an oversize t-shirt with the hotel’s name across it. She shook her head at his thoughtfulness.

When he stepped out the bathroom in a pair of shorts and a white tee a few minutes later, she was dressed in the t-shirt and had made two plates from the food trays he brought back.

“Thanks,” he said, taking the plate from her.

“No, thank you, for everything,” she replied, biting into her food, “Either I’m very hungry or this is really good.”

“I think it’s both,” he said, tearing into his food. They ate in silence, watching the show on the TV. After they were done, Logan collected the trash and took it out. When he got back, all he wanted to do was lay in the bed and drift off to sleep but he knew there was another conversation they needed to have.

“Ro,” he began, sitting beside her on the bed.

“Let me guess, you heard about the fight,” she said, more of a statement than a question, looking over at him.

“Yeah. I met Remy in the lobby after the mission,” he replied.

“How’s Anna?” she asked, not able to help herself.

“Don’t know. Got Cajun watching over her,” he replied, falling silent. After a moment, he spoke. “Ro baby, look. I’m sorry I didn’t tell ya about what happened,” he began but she stopped him.

“If you had been there at the time of the argument, I would have laid into you as well,” she replied honestly, looking up at him, “But after calming down and thinking about it, I know it wasn’t your place to tell me. She was woman enough to do it so she should have been woman enough to tell me.”

Logan, anticipating suffering the wrath of his girlfriend, sighed with relief, pulling her in a tight hug.

“Thank ya, baby. I was afraid ya were mad at me,” he replied.

“The mighty and fearless Logan afraid?” she asked, pulling away from him.

“Ya don’t know my girlfriend. She’s nice and easy going until ya piss her off. Then ya better watch out,” he replied, making her smile, “I think she even strikes fear in the Wolverine.”

A low growled came from him as the Wolverine made his disagreement with the statement known, making Ro chuckle. When he returned to himself, she told him, “I don’t’ think the Wolverine agrees with that.”

“I think he’s right. He even scares me sometimes,” he replied, looking down at her with a smile, “Ready for bed?”

“Yes,” she replied and yawned on cue, causing Logan to yawn.

“Don’t do that…now ya got me yawnin’,” he replied, “Come on, let me tuck ya in.”

“Only if you join me,” she replied coyly, winking at him.
No More than You Can Bear by stormlover
Chapter 19: No More than You Can Bear


Rested but hungry, Logan and Ororo left the hotel room and headed to the diner where Logan got their dinner. Happy to find that the diner served breakfast all day, Ororo enjoyed her short stack of pancakes, bacon, eggs and fruit, while Logan had the hungry man special, a large stack of pancakes, 4 slices of bacon, 4 eggs, grits, hash browns, and at the behest of Ororo, some fruit, that was pretty tasty on his pancakes.

Full to bursting, they decided to take the scenic route back to the mansion. They stopped several places and did some site seeing, walking off that huge meal.

“I’m going to need to do a few DR sessions to work off those pancakes,” she told him as they stood looking out over a ridge. She looked at him questioningly when he didn’t reply. She watched as his face became a mask of rage and almost immediately relaxed again.

“Logan?” she asked touching his arm.

He looked down at her with a sad expression. Silently, he took her hand in his and led her to the bike. “We need to get back to the mansion,” he replied, handing her a helmet and hopping on the bike. He held out his hand for her and looked up when she didn’t take it.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“I’ll tell ya when we get to the mansion,” he replied.

“No. Something’s wrong and I want you to tell me now,” she requested, crossing her arms in front of her chest, refusing to move.

Sighing, Logan got off the bike and leaned against it, looking at her intently.

“Ororo, baby, we don’t have time for this,” he told her, “We really need to get to the mansion.”

She looked at him for a moment and took in the serious look on his face. She had a bad feeling that something had happened to Anna and she needed to know now. “Something’s very wrong. You only say my name when it’s something serious. I’m not leaving until you tell me,” she told him.

“Dammit Ro, we ain’t got time for this,” he replied angrily, his patience already being stretched thin under the weight of the information Chuck had shared with him.

“Then tell me what the hell is going on then we can go,” she countered stubbornly.

He looked at her, the intensity in her eyes, matching his own. He was reminded that she could be a stubborn as him when she set her mind to it.

“Ya have to promise me that after I tell ya, ya will ride the bike back to the mansion,” he replied, causing her to tilt her head, looking at him questioningly.

“Logan,” she said exasperated, tired of the back and forth.

“Promise me,” he demanded, closing the distance between them in a blink of an eye and grasping her upper arms in his crushing hold.

“I”I promise,” she stammered, her eyes losing a bit of their defiance as she gazed up at him.

Shit, he thought, loosening his hold on her. “Sorry,” he mumbled, lowering his eyes before looking back at her. Taking a deep breath, he lowered his hands and took hers in his.

“Anna’s in a coma in the infirmary,” he told her and felt her grip tighten, causing him to suppress a winch. He watched as her eyes turned white as she gazed at him, struggling to find words, “She and Emma…” the temperature dropped suddenly as the winds picked up and thunder boomed.

“What happened?” her voice sounding much like a rumbling peal of thunder.

“They were doing a Danger Room session and things got out of hand,” he replied, sensing that Charles was helping him keep the beast at bay, so he could focus his attention on Ororo who was quickly losing control.

“Baby, yer gonna have to calm down so we can ride back to the mansion,” he told her, cradling her face and trying to get her to focus on him.

“Let’s go,” she told him, her voice void of emotion as the weather changed abruptly, returning to the sunny skies. She walked around him and put on the helmet, waiting for him to get on the bike so she could get on behind him.

Without another word, Logan hopped on. As soon as she got on, he started the bike and sped down the road. They arrived at the mansion in record time. Stopping at the main entrance, Ororo was off the bike before it came to a full stop, racing inside.

“Shit,” Logan cursed, turning off the bike and setting down the kick stand before chasing after her. He reached her just as the elevator doors opened. She stood away from him, her face devoid of emotion.

He could smell the anxiousness and fear rolling off her and it pissed him off. He made a move to get closer to her, but she shook her head, her eyes never leaving the door. Dejected, he maintained his distance. He hurried after her as she raced to the infirmary.

The eerie silence of the room unnerved Logan when he stepped through the door. He looked around the room and took note of sad looks on the face of their teammates. Three faces were missing from the crowd, Remy, Jibril, and Emma.

Ororo collapsed when she saw Anna’s face. Hank was there and caught her before she dropped to the floor.

Emma had done a number on her. She had visible bruises all over her swollen face. Her right arm was up in traction encased in a cast as was her left leg.

Logan knew that it was a good thing that the Professor was assisting him with keeping the Beast at bay. Even so, he felt the Beast stir, straining against the mental holding cell as he gazed down into Anna’s face.

Ororo stepped away from Hank’s embrace, nodding her thanks to him. He had put his arm around her trembling shoulders as she gazed down at her sister’s battered body. She started when he touched her but calmed when she looked into his worried eyes, her’s fading from the solid white to blue.

Feeling her boyfriend next to her, she looked at him as he stared down at her sister. Emotionally drained for the drama filled night, she watched as he turned angrily and headed to Scott, snatching him up in the air before anyone could stop him.

“Luckily for ya, Chuck is holding the Beast back but that doesn’t mean I can’t do some damage on my own,” he began, holding Scott a few inches off the floor, “What the fuck happened?”

“I. Don’t. Know,” Scott said through clenched teeth, “The Danger Room was reserved for Alpha but somehow Anna ended up in there with Emma. If you put me down, I can finish telling you what I know.”

After a minute, Logan dropped him and Scott landed like a load of potatoes, his back hitting the wall. He looked up at Logan with a flash of red going across his goggles.

“Whenever ya ready, boy scout,” Logan growled menacing, the claws on his right hand extending slowly.

“Enough,” Beast growled loudly, not wanting anything to endanger his patient, “Scott, finish telling us what happen. Logan, back off and let the man speak.” Logan growled in response but acquiesced, taking a few steps back.

He felt a hand on his arm and turned to see Ro. Her touch, normally calming, caused him to be more agitated as he felt the anger rolling off of her and the defiant look in her eyes. She needed to hear what happened so that she could go and get retribution.

He put his arms around her and she closed her eyes, trying hard to allow the peace that she normally felt in his arms calm her troubled mind but it wasn’t working. The damage of the events had been done and she knew it was only a matter of time before she would need to leave to release the pent up emotions rolling like a tidal wave throughout her body.

They both looked over at Scott as he continued his story with Jean by his side.

“When we realized what was going on, Emma had already beaten her unconscious and was standing over her with a triumphant look on her face. I told her she needed to leave and when she headed to the door, she turned back and said that she was done with the school and was leaving.”

“Where did she go?” Logan asked.

“We’re not sure,” the Professor replied.

“How can ya not be sure?” Rogue asked angrily.

“As with any telepath, they have the ability to block the access to their thoughts. In Emma’s case, she can do so in whatever form she decides to take, making it much more difficult to locate her,” the Professor explained, moving his chair in front of Logan and Ororo and taking her hands, “We will do everything we can for Anna. Don’t worry, this act of aggression will not go unaddressed.”

“No, it will not,” she replied, patting his hand and shrugging out of Logan’s hold, “Now if you will excuse me.” Ororo glanced back at her sister and up at Logan before heading toward the door. She stopped in front of Jean. “Thank you for keeping the storm at bay but in the future, do not enter my mind without my permission.”

Jean, not offended by the request, nodded and released her hold on the storm that raged within Ororo. Suddenly, they heard thunder, so strong that the earth shuddered, causing things to tremble in the medical lab. Ororo lifted off the ground and started floating out the room.

“Do not follow me if you want to live,” she said over her shoulder before the doors closed. Logan, sensing she was not to be played with, looked around and asked the other question on his mind, “Where’s Remy and Jibril?”

“In da Danger Room, working off their frustration,” Rogue replied, going to stand by Logan and touching his shoulder, “Are ya gonna let ‘er go out by ‘erself?”

“It’s too dangerous for anyone to attempt to follow her,” the Professor replied, his hand at his temple, “She has experienced a great deal of emotional stress and is planning to release that pent up energy in a safe place. She will need us when she’s done so Omega Team, suit up and head to the Blackbird. Alpha team will monitor her movements from the War Room.” The Professor’s face showed his weariness as he moved toward the exit.

Logan, you’re on your own, the Professor told him mentally, releasing his hold on the Beast.

Thanks, Chuck.

Take care of her. She’s going to need you all to help her and Anna get pass this, he projected tiredly.

“Omega Team, ya heard Chuck, suit up. Scott, do ya mind if Jean comes along? I think we might need ‘er on this one,” Logan asked, looking the man in the eye.

Scott looked at Jean who nodded and walked toward the doors. “Take care of her,” Scott told him and Logan nodded. “Take care of Anna,” Logan countered.

Scott nodded. “I’ll be right here waiting for you to come back with Ro,” Scott replied, holding his hand out to Logan who took it without hesitation.

“Logan, where in da hell ya goin’?” Rogue called after him when he ran in the opposite direction of the Blackbird hangar.

“To get the rest of my team,” Logan shot back, not stopping, heading directly to the Danger Room. He entered through the observation deck and saw Remy and Jibril recklessly fighting various foes. He saw the session timer and saw they had been at it for a couple of hours.

“Terminate program,” Logan commanded.

“Request confirmed. Program terminated.” The two combatants glared up at the control room to see who was foolish enough to end their session. The main doors slid open and Logan stepped inside, looking at the two men who were breathing hard, their eyes filled with anger.

“Time to go, Ro needs to blow off steam and we need to be there when she calms down,” he told them, the reprimand dying in his throat when he took in the bloodied clothes and angry looks of his colleagues. He felt the Beast respond, wanting to join in the anger, only to be restrained by Logan.

“Come on and get cleaned up. We leaving and I’m gonna need ya by my side for this,” Logan replied, a plea in his voice. The men nodded and followed him out the door.

“Logan, I,” Remy began and Logan shook his head.

“Don’t matter. We’ll deal wit it later. Now, we got to focus on making sure Ro’s okay,” Logan replied, glancing at Remy before looking back forward.

Remy nodded and along with Jibril followed Logan into the men’s dressing room.

Twenty minutes later, the team was up in the Blackbird, making their way to the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

They lost their connection with Ororo. Kitty, thinking fast, pulled up satellite imagery, thinking that if she created a large storm, the satellites would show where she was. Kitty spotted on one about 600 miles east of the coast of Bermuda. She sent the coordinates to the Blackbird.

“So what’s de plan when we get there?” Remy asked, seated beside Logan in the cockpit.

“Same as before,” he told Remy, looking at him with a smirk at the shared memory, “Be honest with ‘er, talk to ‘er, and get ‘er home in one piece.”

“Yeah, but if the storm’s as big as Kitty say it is, how we suppose to get close to ‘er?” Rogue asked. The Omega Team plus Jean hurtled through the sky on the Blackbird, reaching the coast of Bermuda in record time. Jibril was the only team member not present, deciding to stay behind by his girlfriend’s side in case she woke before they got back.

“We’ll get Jean to reach out to ‘er to see if she can talk ‘er down,” Logan replied, spotting the storm in the distance.

“Mon Dieu,” Remy said, drawing the attention of the rest of the team. They watched in awe at the swirling mass of wind and water before them. It looked as if the sky and the sea were one, connect by a funnel that rotated slowly. The controls on the Blackbird recorded the speed of the winds at nearly 200 mph.

Logan, wishing they could get closer, called out to Jean and asked her to see if she could reach Ororo.

“Logan, I can but she’s shut herself behind a wall of electricity. I think you stand a better chance of reaching her than I do,” Jean replied, looking up at him.

“How?”

“Just think of me as a telephone line, connecting your minds,” she said with a slight smile.

“Rogue,” Logan said.

“Got it sugah,” she said, taking his place at the controls as he moved to sit in the chair across from Jean.

“Just relax and concentrate on her,” Jean replied, holding her hands on either side of his head. Both of them jerked a bit when the connection was made.

Ro, Logan called out. He felt as if he was in the vortex, surrounded by the howling wind, swirling water, pounding thunder, and bright lightning. All of a sudden, he felt an overwhelming sense of hopelessness and despair.

We’re connected, Jean said, struggling to deal with the emotional tidal wave overcoming them.

Ro!!! Logan yelled just as a visage of Ororo came into view.

Logan? Is that you? she asked as his astral self approached hers.

Yeah. I need ya to stop the storm, baby, and come home.

It hurts, she said, her eyes filling with tears.

I know baby and we can get through this. Let us help you.

I let Anna down, she cried, her astral self falling to her knees, the tears falling faster.

Logan, sensing that he was losing her, decided to try one more thing.

Ororo, Logan said, kneeling next to her, Dance with me.

Looking up at him through her tears, Ororo smiled slightly and took his hand, allowing him to pull her into his arms. He guided them through a slow dance, whispering in her ear.

Logan, we need to go, Jean broke in.

He looked back at her and nodded. Kissing Ororo’s forehead, he said, I love you.

Jean pulled them out and promptly fell back in her chair, her nose bleeding slightly.

Logan, struggling to stand, staggered toward the cockpit. Rogue guided the Blackbird through the clearing skies to the spot where Ororo hovered.

“She’s weakening,” Jean said, now on her feet, “We need to get her now or she’s going to fall into the water.”

Rogue got to her feet and threw Logan a look and he nodded, hitting the button to open the hatch. Rogue flew out. The team watched as she closed the distance between her and Ororo. Before she could reach her, Ororo dropped, falling fast.

Rogue dived and pushed herself through the air and was able to grab the unconscious girl a few feet above the ocean’s surface. Cradling her in her arms, Rogue took to the skies and headed to the opened ramp where Logan stood waiting.

Logan had Rogue lay her on the cot they kept on the jet for the injured. When she was settled, he laid a cool cloth on her forehead.

Feeling the coolness, Ororo opened her eyes and her gaze meeting his.

“Welcome back,” he said softly, caressing her cheek.

The tears were sudden and he knelt by her side and took her in his arms as she sobbed, clinging tightly to him.

“Shh, I’m here,” he whispered to her as he gathered her into his arms and sat on the cot, cradling her, her face in his neck as she cried. He rubbed her back soothingly, whispering to her. Ten minutes later, she was asleep, worn out from the ordeal. When Rogue approached to help him lay her down, he refused, wanting to keep her close.

He held her for the duration of the flight. Remy and Rogue got them home in record time and soon, they were landing the jet and opening the cargo door. Jibril climbed aboard and told them that Anna had woken up and asked for Ro.

“Ro,” Logan said, shaking her gently.

“Huh,” she said sleepily, not opening her eyes.

“Anna’s asking for ya,” he replied and she opened her eyes, making him smile, “Come on. Let’s go see ‘er.”
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=10477