Two Pained Souls by Stormy_Weather
Summary: Logan watches everyone around the Institute, but he watches her the most. She smells of pain, but doesn't show it. What happens when two pained sould talk? After X2. [Rating May Change.]
Categories: General Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 2788 Read: 4259 Published: 08-17-07 Updated: 04-26-11

1. Watcher by Stormy_Weather

2. Gentle and Heartfelt. by Stormy_Weather

3. A Calm Storm by Stormy_Weather

Watcher by Stormy_Weather
Disclaimer ;; I don’t own them. Marvel and Fox Entertainment do. I certainly wouldn’t mind owning Hugh Jackman though.

Author’s Note ;; It’s my first ROLO, so be friendly [please] and I welcome suggestions and nicely worded criticism

Summery ;; Logan’s Watching.


He stayed in the background and kept to himself, watching. He watched some of the students as they tried to go about like nothing happened, especially the older students. But Marie, his sweet little Marie. She was worried about him. She’s tried to talk to him but he simply told her that he’s alright with a grunt. He knew why she was worried about him. The memories she has of him made her believe that he should be gone by now. Because that’s what he does. He disappears every time something gets tough, but this time he’s sticking around…

He watched the Boy Scoot lock himself up in his room to grief alone. The man just lost his fiancée so he doesn’t blame the younger man, but the man doesn’t come out to eat. He doesn’t leave his room to talk to anyone. He won’t even talk to the Professor. Is Scott going to die in the room he shared with his wife-to-be?

He watched the wheel-chaired man go on about his daily activities as if nothing has happened. He behaved as if the woman who had just died wasn’t dead but on a vacation. He knew that Xavier knew something but he wasn’t about to tell anyone, not until he felt the time was right. Well that’s what he though.

And he watched her. She acted just like Xavier, but he knew that she only did it to be strong for the children. She even took up all of Scott’s classes. Maybe she’s trying to forget what happened or she was trying not to think about it. But he could still smell her pain from one side of the Institute while she was in the other. But she won’t talk about it. It was either pride or womanly stubbornness that made her not want to discuss it. Maybe it was both.

The scent of pain from the Weather Goddess was driving him mad, so eventually, Logan decided to go off, find her, and talk to her, whether she liked it or not.

Author’s Note ;; It's been a while since I've writen it, so I'm reading it over, and doing some editing and stuff. I hope you enjoyed the first chapter, even if it isn't much.
Gentle and Heartfelt. by Stormy_Weather
Disclaimer ;; I don’t own them. Marvel and Fox Entertainment do. I certainly wouldn’t mind owning Hugh Jackman though.

****

It was too cold to be outside once the sun had set, being late fall and all. Warm days, cold nights, but he still found her out by the gardens. It was easy to find her because she smelled of pain. He remembered how she used to smell like. How he loved her scent. The Goddess never wore perfume, she always went natural and that’s what he loved about her. Her natural scent was the aroma was nature itself and he missed the sweet tang.

That chilly, late fall night, Ororo Munroe was wearing a pair of beige leather pants that seemed to hug every one of her curves and fan out around her leather boot covered feet. The upper half of her body was covered by a black leather jacket that covered a white t-shirt that hung off her shoulders, and clung to her breasts. She didn’t hear the Canadian approach her from behind, for her thoughts were else where.

“Evenin’ Ororo.” Logan greeted her, after taking advantage of the moment of silence to burn the image of her profile into his memory. No matter what, he didn’t want to forget the look of deep thought Ororo wore on her face at that moment. It was intense, her brown eyes were pained, but everything else just screamed ‘Serenity’.

Ororo didn’t even jump or show any other signs of being surprised by Logan’s sudden presents. She merely blinked and slowly came back to the here and the now. Ororo tore her gaze away from the plants to the face that belonged to the feral Canadian. Compared to the face he had when she first found him to the one he wore now, you would think that they were two different people. In a way, they were.

“Hello Logan.” She replied in her usual calm, loving and caring tone of voice. The pain from her eyes vanished, and her brown gaze was cool, not warm, yet not cold either.

He didn’t buy her calm façade, in fact he saw and smelled right through it, but he had to be patient with her. He’s seen what she can do, and he rather not have her do those things to him. “How’yah holdin’ up, Darlin’?” He’s become accustomed to calling her ‘Darlin’’ and she didn’t seem to mind.

“I’m fine, Logan, really.” She replied with a reassuring smile. She obviously didn’t want to talk about, and she hoped that Logan could take a hint. It was far to soon to talk about it. The pain was still to raw.

“Bull Shit, Ororo.” Logan growled dangerously and stared at her intensely. He knew she was lying, he could smell it, and obviously ignored her hint to leave her to mourn. He had hoped it would have been easier, but hell, lets face it; Logan didn’t know a thing when it came to women. So much for being patient. “Yah may be able ta fool everyone ‘round ‘ere but yah can’t fool me, Darlin’. I can smell yer pain.”

Ororo looked at Logan, slightly surprised by his sudden outburst. Who was he to talk about pain? He kept his locked up just like she did, so why should she let it all out? Why should she let go of her control to grief. It was dangerous, losing control. He shouldn’t know that better then anyone.

The usually calm Weather Goddess wasn’t all that calm anymore, her tight control was slipping, but it was still hard to tell. The wind picked up, and it seemed to swirl around them and no please else. “Why should I talk about my suffering, Logan, when you will not speak of yours? Why should I pour my heart out to you, when I know that I will not get anything in return, Logan?” Her voice was low and dangerous.

Logan could swear he heard thunder rumble as she spoke. When he looked into her eyes they were white and glowing with power. She wasn‘t in control any more, but he didn‘t care. She needed to talk to someone. He won‘t let her turn into an empty shell. “Ororo, Darlin’, calm down, alright. Look at yah, yer a mess and yah need ta talk ‘bout what ‘appened.” He paused and gently placed a colossal hand on the smooth skin of her cheek, “I don’t want yah endin’ up like this old man.” He added.

That made Ororo smile faintly. The wind slowed down, and eventually ended up as a light breeze, and her eyes turned back to their regular browning coloring. She turned and walked toward a nearby metal framed wooden bench and sat down on it. She tapped the spot beside her indicating Logan to sit, he complied and wrapped a protective arm over her shoulder and let her lean against him.

Ororo was gazing up at the heavens above, while Logan watched her facial expressions. Her usually beautiful, warm and loving brown eyes were dull and heartbreaking, and as he watched her he could sense that she was close to tears. He wished he could take all her pain, and make it all go away. He wanted to see that spark in her eyes again.

Ororo gazed up at the heavens above her, wishing that Jean Grey-Summers was happy where ever she was at now. Finally, she took a shaky breath. “She was my best friend. She was like a sister to me. Why did she have to do what she did?” She asked, her voice was just barely above a whisper, but she knew that Logan would still be able to hear her.

Logan gently moved a stray strand of white hair off the Goddess’ face, “Maybe ‘cause she felt the need to save us. Jeannie loved us, and I guess she didn’t want us ta die.” He spoke in what he hoped was a soothing tone. He’s never actually had to have a soothing voice with anyone other then Rogue. But Rogue was different. She has no one else to turn to. She needed him.

Ororo tore her eyes away from the stars and locked eyes with coal black ones, “But why wouldn’t she let us save her? I mean, why did she stop Kurt from getting her back on the jet, and why didn’t Xavier do anything about it? He could have easily convinced Jean to come back.” She asked softly, tears clouding her eyesight.

Logan gently stroked her hair back even though it was already out of her face, “I don’t know, Darlin’. Maybe Jeannie felt like she had ta do what she did. An’ yah know Jeannie better then I do, Darlin’, but she seemed quite stubborn.” He told her gently. He felt as if he should tell her about Xavier. Tell her that he thought Xavier knew something that they don’t know. But he kept that to himself.

“I miss her.” Ororo’s voice was trembling with emotion. A sheet of rain fell upon them as salty tears slowly made their way out of her eyes. She stared at a blurred Logan as the rain kept on falling from the heavens above.

The rain flatted Logan’s untamed hair against his head, making him look much like a furry wet dog. He frowned down at the Weather Goddess as droplets of water dripped their way from his wet hair and onto his face, “I know, an’ I miss ‘er too.” He told her honestly. There’s no sense in lying about, they both knew how dear Jean had been to him.

Ororo turned her gaze from Logan and stared out at the flowers in the garden. Tears continued their travel out of Ororo’s brown eyes and down her dark colored cheeks. Both of them knew that it wasn’t just raining, but that the Weather Witch couldn’t pretend anymore. Talking about it clearly made Ororo’s hurt and sorrow consume her and she let it rain, but she still had fairly good control over the weather. He just didn’t know how much control she had over it.

The only sound that could be heard was the rain, but Logan could also hear Ororo’s soft sobs and irregular breathing, but finally, after a long silence, Ororo had her tears and her breathing under control. Logan watched Ororo’s face as the tears slowly slowed down and the rain continued to fall. Her breathing became slow and steady just like the rain eventually did. The Canadian turned his intense stare away from the Goddess and looked out into the gardens.

Jean Grey-Summers was a beautiful woman, he won’t deny that, but when he thought about it, he was never truly in love with her. It was lust. That’s all it was. What man won’t lust after a pair of long legs, large breasts and fiery red hair? Caring for someone and lusting after them can seem like being in love with them; Logan knows that now, he only wished that he knew that back then.

He wished that he would have just left her alone. She was taken, by the Boy Scout of all people. Logan wasn’t sure what he saw in her, why he chased after her when he knew that he’d never have a chance. But she had been sweet, and she’d been kind to him. More importantly, she has responded to his teasing, to his flirting. She made be believe that he had a chance.

Silly Girl. Only liked the attention. She wouldn’t have given him a second glance if he didn’t flirt with her, if he didn’t pay any mind to her. She would have been just like Ororo, cold and straight to the point. She would have laid everything on the table, telling him how it is and how it was going to be.

But Ororo hadn’t been cold. At least, now that he thought about it, he didn’t think that she was. Ororo was refined, regal. She didn’t play silly head games. She was clean cut and straight to the point. But when he met her, in that class room, he vaguely remembered a spark in her eyes. One of either amusement or mischief, maybe both even. It has been a wild spark, but he wasn’t sure if that was just him imagination. She had been nothing compared to the redhead once Jean walked in.

By the time the hard rain had turned into a light drizzle and the both of them were drenched, Logan noticed that Ororo’s breathing had slowed. He glanced down at the wet Goddess and gently picked her up. Ororo mumbled sleepily in protest but moved to get more comfortable in the Canadian’s arms as he picked her up bride-style. Logan gently and quietly, hushed her, telling her that she’s going to bed. In respond the African Goddess nodded against his chest and drifted back to sleep.

As Logan carried the dark skinned woman up to her bedroom; in the attic, he took time to admire her well curved body. He never noticed before, until now, how beautiful Ororo was. Now, she was the light, rather then a shadow in Jean’s light. The white hair stood out against her dark skin, and it reminded him of a halo from an Angel when the light hit it just right. And those lips.

He tenderly laid Ororo down on her large king sized bed and gently took of her leather boots and then her jacket, with the help of a very drowsy Ororo. He helped her under a soft blue bed sheet and then pulled the thick matching blue confuter over her sleeping form. Something gave him the impulse the lightly kiss her forehead, and he did just that before he murmured a ‘Good-Night’ and then turned to leave the room.

“Logan?” Ororo’s sudden voice was soft and husky with sleep. She moved deeper under her blankets and kept her eyes closed.

Ororo’s sudden voice made Logan stop at the door, with one hand on its handle, “Yeah, Darlin’?” He asked her softly and kept his eyes on the door. He could hear the blankets crackle as Ororo moved into a comfortable position for sleep.

“We’ll talk more tomorrow.” She said and paused to yawn, “After my last History class before lunch.” She said, her voice still husky with sleep, but as sleepy as her voice was, it had a hint of stubbornness in it.

Logan then turned his head to look at the drowsy Goddess, he knew that she wanted to talk to him about him, and he heard her stubbornness clearly through her husky voice. “Alright, Darlin’. We’ll talk more tomorrow. Now yah get some sleep. Yah need it.” He answered in what he hoped was a quiet voice.

“Good-night Logan.” Was the Goddess reply before she let sleep over take her sense.

“G’night, Darlin’.” Logan murmured. He stayed by the door for a few minutes and simply watched Ororo sleep peacefully. She seemed so small and fragile just a few minutes ago, and her sleeping in the large bed didn’t help the image one bit, but he knew that tomorrow she’ll be that calm, collected and the well controlled Storm. He watched her for a few more minutes before he turned to try and get some sleep himself.


Author’s Note ;; There. The second chapter. I've writen this a while ago, and now I'm just going over it, and editing some stuff. Keep that in mind, please and thank you.
A Calm Storm by Stormy_Weather
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the really, really late update. I've totally forgotten about this story. It's super old, clearly written in oh-seven. I'll get to re-writing this eventually.
The air in the room stirred until it was strong enough to, literally, blow the door shut. As that happened, the dark skinned woman moved to stand in front of the Canadian. "What are you doing here Logan?" The African asked, more curious than anything else.

Logan could hear the curiosity in the woman's voice, and the corners of his mouth twitched upward at that. He leaned back in his chair, placed his feet on the table in front of him, one ankle crossed over the other, and his hands behind his head. "Came ta check on yah, Darlin'." He answered her.

Ororo looked at Logan, wondering why he's taken such a sudden interest in her welfare. "I had a strong shoulder to lean on." She told him, truthfully, because, let's face it, She had. He had listened and not once told her that Jean was a hero and that she shouldn't be upset. "But now, my friend, it is your turn to lean on a shoulder."

Logan eyed Ororo for a moment, considering her request. He remembered what she said the other night. About not getting anything in return. She will, it'll just be on his time, not hers. But right now, just by seeing her and hearing her voice he felt better. "I'm fine, Darlin'." He told her.

Ororo looked intensely at the older man and crossed her arms in front of her, under her chest, stubbornly. He wasn't getting out of this this easily. Nuh-uh. "I know how much Jean meant to you, Logan. We all do. You must be feeling something." She told him, letting him know that he wasn't getting out of this.

Logan heard the stubbornness in her voice. He dropped his feet from the desk, and rubbed his face with a hand as he gave a low growl. "I wasn't in love with Jeannie." He said as he moved his hands from his face. "It was lust, nothin' more."

Apparently, for Ororo, Logan didn't sound very convincing. She pulled up a chair and sat down on it, across from Logan. "Logan, you felt something for Jean. You must have. I saw you cry on the blackbird." She debated, gently.
Logan locked eyes with calm blue ones. "I cared for 'er. I cared for 'er and I lusted after 'er." He growled dangerously. He clearly didn't want to talk about it, and he hoped that the Weather Goddess would take a hint a drop it, because right now, he was about to lose his temper and he did not want to hurt the woman in front of him. He never liked talking about how he felt, but he knew that with Ororo he would have too, sooner or later.

Ororo noticed something dangerous in Logan's eyes just then. She realized that Logan was trying to keep his control. She's never seen Logan lose control and a small dangerous part of her was tempted to push him over the edge. She knew that it was bad when he lost himself to the Wolverine. Just like it was with her, but she had better control. Perhaps talking about how he felt stirred something up, deep within him; something from his past.
"It is hard, is it not?" Ororo suddenly spoke after a moment of silence. At the puzzled look she got from Logan, she decided to explain. "Keeping control, it is hard, especially when it is so tempting to just lose it, but you cannot, because if you do, you might hurt someone you care deeply for."

Logan looked at the woman in front of him, surprised. How could the African beauty know so much about keeping control? "Darlin', what do yah know 'bout keeping control?"

A gently, patient smile graced the dark skinned woman's face. "You and I, Logan, we are not that different. I have to fight for control too. With the death of my best friend hanging over us, that is not that easy. That is why I prefer not to think about it." She explained to him.

Logan studied the Goddess intensely. From what he's learned just by watching her, she didn't appear to need to fight for control. What would happen if she lost it? Would she be like any other woman with terrible mood swings? "Why do yah 'ave ta fight fer control, Ororo?"

"You know that my mutation is controlling the weather, Logan. I can control my powers with my freewill, as long as my emotions do not get in the way of it. To keep them from getting in the way, Logan, I act the way I do. I handled Jean's death like I did, so I would not lose control." Ororo explained, and then added "Last night, when it started raining, I only barely lost control, I could have gotten it back when I wanted to, but when I rarely lose control, I cannot. Just like you, Logan, for the risking of damaging my surroundings."

Logan knew that she lost control the other night, but because she still had some control left, did that mean that when Ororo loses all of her control, Mother Nature would show everyone what she was truly made out of? He decided to find out, "What 'appens when yah lose control, Darlin'?"

"I can control more than just the weather in Westchester. If I wanted to I could make it rain in Beijing, China from here, but that takes a lot of energy out of me. The point is, Logan, that when I lose control, a Weather Phenomenon could happen. I could freeze Thames River in London solid, start a snowstorm in San Diego, or create a fierce blizzard in the Sahara. I could even create the second Ice Age. I keep my control so that I don’t do things I know I will regret. I don’t want to hurt someone else." Ororo told him, the look she wore on her face was one of total seriousness. She has never lost total control, and she didn't have to, to know that she could do those things.

Never in his eternal life time, could he have imagined that Ororo, beautiful, loving Ororo could be that powerful. But if that really could happen when she loses control, if she really could create a second Ice Age, how does she manage not? She said that she is the way she is to not lose control. Then what would she be like if she didn't have to have control? "How can yah remain so calm and so well controlled, Darlin'? How do yah manage not tah lose control?" He asked the Weather Witch.

There was a paused after the Canadian's questions. Honestly, she wasn't sure how to answer that, so she did it the best she could, "When I was a child, I was not like this, Logan. I used to get in all kinds of trouble, but eventually, I grew up. When I was thirteen I left the city of Cairo Egypt, to return my homeland. I travel for a year, on foot, and during that time, my powers came. When I reached Tanzania, I was a little over fourteen. I lived there for five years, playing the role of a Weather Goddess, and there, I learned control, the art of mediation, and only doing and getting what you need to survive. I guess that is where I learned to remain calm and controlled." She told him.

He saw her with new eyes. She wasn't the same woman who he thought she was when he first came here. At first, he's thought of her as a level-headed, sophisticated, cold-heart yet loving woman, but now, there was more to that. There was a reason to her level-headedness. She was a lot like him if he thought about it. Could she, perhaps, be the one to understand and calm his rages? Logan opened his mouth to comment but then closed it. He heard footsteps that came their way. He turned his gaze towards the closed door after the footsteps stopped, and listened to the knock on the door.

At the sound of the knocking Ororo tore her gaze away from the Wolverine and looked at the door. "Come in," She called in the direction towards the door.

Once the words left Ororo's mouth, a young woman walked through the door; through the solid red oak door. Wide brown eyes took in the scene before her. From what she's heard from the multi-colored haired southern Belle, the Wolverine rarely talked to people, so why was he here, talking to Storm? "Um, sorry to interrupt, Ms. Munroe and Mr. Logan, but I have a question concerning the Revolutionary War." She said looking from one adult to the other.

Ororo smiled at Katherine Pryde and then turned her gaze to Logan, "We will talk later, Logan." She told him. She felt that she was done talking, but she knew that she still had to be there for Logan. And she'll be there for him, whenever he's ready, but at that moment, she had to help a student.

Logan watched Ororo for a moment, before he nodded, "Alright, Darlin'. I'll see ya later." He said as he stood up from his sitting position on the classroom chair. He cast the Weather Witch a smile that was only meant for her before he turned and walked out the door, ruffling Kitty’s hair with an absent mind as he walked past her. He had a lot to think about.

Ororo's full attention was on the teenager now, "Now, what do you need help with, Kitten?" Ororo asked in her teacher tone.
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=2654