Aftermath by NikNak
Summary: Together, Logan and Ororo can rebuild but first they must overcome everything that seperates them, perhaps even the feelings they deny themselves.
Categories: General Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Adult language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: No Word count: 15119 Read: 22884 Published: 01-04-08 Updated: 02-15-09

1. Chapter One by NikNak

2. Two by NikNak

3. Three by NikNak

4. Four by NikNak

5. Five by NikNak

6. Six by NikNak

7. Seven by NikNak

8. Eight by NikNak

9. Nine by NikNak

10. Roses and Thorns by NikNak

Chapter One by NikNak
Heaven forbid you end up alone, you don't know why
Hold on tight, wait for tomorrow, you'll be alright
Heaven Forbid- The Fray


The Danger Room shook under the weight of the explosion as the X-man named Wolverine gutted the last of the sentinels. For the last few months, he and Storm had been running the same simulation with the children they were training: Katherine Pryde, Bobby Drake, and Peter Rasputin. No one ever wanted to be caught off guard as they had been a nearly a year and a half ago when one William Stryker had attacked Xavier’s School for the Gifted in the middle of the night.

“End simulation,” he paused in front of Storm and the rest of the kids.

SNIKT!

His claws went back into place and he gifted Storm with a rare smile as the room shimmered and all the destruction disappeared around them.

“Good job, everyone.” Storm locked eyes with the feral mutant and dismissed the class. The kids didn’t put up much of a fight and decided to leave before Wolverine planned another session.

The two teachers also began walking from the room, in a comfortable silence as the students ran ahead of them ready to shower. The entered the elevator, still in silence until Storm turned to him. “So I’ve been thinking that we’ve become good friends, Logan.”

He raised an eyebrow. He wondered where this was going. Was she going to give him some sort of talk about Jean, because he definitely didn’t want to discuss that with her or anyone else. The events at Alcatraz still gave him nightmares, which were worse than the usual kind. He watched as her cerulean eyes shined. “I’m going to take the bait, darlin. Yes, we’ve become friends.”

“Good,” she clapped her hands.

He looked her over again and sniffed. Excited. “What’s this about?”

“Okay, before you say no, I just wanted to put that out there that we are friends.” Ororo Munroe gave a giddy laugh. It surprised the hell out of Logan, because as far as he knew, she didn’t do giddy. “Forge and I have a date tonight, and I need a babysitter for the children. Hank is going to be working late into the night and won’t be home until morning.”

Logan shuffled around in his uniform wondering why they didn’t have good pockets and pulled out a cigar. “So yer want me to do it?”

“Correct.” The elevator dinged to the top floor where Ororo’s loft was. It dawned on him that he’d never been in her room before, not that he’d wanted to. She stepped out of the elevator but turned around to meet his gaze. “So?”

“Sure, ‘Ro.” The doors closed the space between them and he gave a small chuckle. That woman could make him do a lot of things and sometimes he didn’t even know about it.

The elevator took him down to the first floor where the Rec Room was located and as he stepped off, a familiar scent caught him. It smelled like Old Spice, and instantly he knew Forge was some where in the general vicinity. He didn’t know how to take the man they called Maker, because Forge worked for the government, and for some unknown reason that put him on edge. Logan rounded the corner, still in his uniform and was surprised to find Forge, in a suit but playing Foosball with Marie, who was laughing as she tried to best him at the silly game.

Logan had tried once but every time he’d tried to rotate the handles, his claws had made appearance. He rubbed the spots where they lived and sighed absentmindedly. His claws were weapons, they hurt.

They killed.

Momentarily, he shook the thoughts away as the Cheyenne neared him, a good natured smile planted on his face.

“Logan, it’s good to see you.” He stuck his hand out expectantly, a little unsure of the other man. Forge had his suspicions about Logan, even though Ororo had tried to quell them. Still, those suspicions arose and he wondered if the man they called Wolverine, and the woman he had come to love with all his heart had a relationship that went deeper than the two of them were willing to admit. In his mind, Forge figured that a man in love with his girl, wouldn’t shake his hand.

Logan sized the man up, as he often did, his nose a little irritated by the Old Spice that Forge wore. He shook the other man’s hand, his grip a little firmer than usual. “Good to see ya to Forge.” He smiled, still biting on the cigar.

The scent of a fresh and clean Ororo wafted down to him as came down the stairs dressed in a little black number that would have had most men salivating. Logan could appreciate that in Ororo. He’d thought about crossing the line with her more than once, but what man hadn’t. She had legs that went on forever, and a body that most women would kill for. Yeah, she was a knockout alright. However, these days he just kept his distance from other men’s girls. That’s how he’d gotten roped in with Jeannie, he decided.

“Thanks for keeping Forge company, Logan.” Ororo smiled coming to her date’s side and kissing him on the cheek before turning back to Logan’s gaze.
Logan didn’t return her smile, only nodded. “Your welcome.”

Marie came out of the Rec Room, smiling. “Ah’d say you had a hot date tonight.

Ororo smiled and looked up into Forge’s face. Logan noticed she smiled a lot these days. He was happy for her, he truly was. No one had lost as much as she had. Of course he’d lost Jean, but she’d never really been his to loose. But, Storm. She’d lost her whole family.

“What time are you coming back?” Logan asked, the need to smoke the damn cigar driving him up the wall.
Forge was already out the door when she turned back around.

A smile was still planted on her face. “I think it’s gonna be a while. Don’t wait up.” She closed the door and it clicked softly.

He shook his head. He was happy for her, right? He decided not to question himself on that matter. Someone in this damn house needed to be happy, or at least needed to get laid. The need of the cigar arose again and he decided to go outside to smoke. He briefly glanced over to Marie who’d gone back into the Rec Room and noticed that she’d been joined by Kitty Pryde.
~
Marie shifted on her foot, unsure of whether or not to rip into the girl who would just not stay away from Bobby Drake. It had been months, but she and Bobby were still trying to iron out their differences, especially now that they could touch.

Kitty watched Marie under hooded eyes. “Do you need to say something, Marie?” It was more of a sneer then anything else.

Marie shifted her head and sighed. “Not really, no.”

“Good, so now you can stop blaming me for the problems you and Bobby have, right?”

This bitch, Marie thought angrily. No she just didn’t!

“Right?” Kitty moved past the former mutant and grabbed the remote and sat down on the couch and began flicking through the channels.

Marie whirled on her. She was fed up with Kitty thinking she wouldn’t punch her ass the fuck out because she didn’t have powers any more. “WHAT, is up with you?”

“Nothing, is up with me. I’m just sick of the way you look at me every time I decide to come into a shared space.” Kitty looked up from her activity and sneered even more.

“Really? Ah jus thought you were being a bitch for no reason!” Marie exclaimed not holding back.

This caused Katherine Pryde to stand up. She was not going to take this from someone who had given up their powers just because they couldn’t make human contact any longer. “Rogue, I’m sick of this. Bobby paid the slightest bit of attention to me and it ate you up inside. I’m so sorry for you.”

“Sorry for me.” Marie rolled her eyes and stepped closer. “Sorry for me. That is so rich coming from you. Ah feel sorry for you. You were the one throwing yourself at my boyfriend. Get it through your head, he doesn’t want you. He’s never wanted you, Kitty.”

Kitty was trying to keep her cool. She desperately wanted to yank the other girl’s hair out and all it would take was a little phasing…

“If you even attempt to try your powers out, Ah’ll knock you back a year.”

Kitty reigned in that control she’d been trying to use and smiled. “What was I thinking about? Silly me, Marie. Your right, Bobby has never wanted me. That is until last night. That’s right, we kissed. Last night, right after dinner.”

The look that crossed Marie’s face was one of pain and turmoil. How could Bobby do this to her? How could he rip out her heart and cut it into pieces after all she had done to be with him? To feel him?

“I think,” Kitty stated with a smile. “That you need to go and discuss all of your issues with him. Because discussing them with me does no go, Rogue.”
Marie took a deep breath, she promised her self that she would not pummel the younger mutant girl. “Your right, Kitty.”

The younger girl looked caught off guard. “Bobby and me have been through worst.” She turned and left the room.

Kitty sat their a few minutes longer before clicking off the television. Nothing good was ever on these days, she decided. She pondered on Rogue and Bobby before deciding that she would find Bobby Drake and tell him that his girlfriend was out of the her damn mind.

~

Chi’s was a cozy little restaurant that was tucked away in the city. It was far removed from both Ororo’s life as headmistress and Forge’s life as an inventor for the government. They smiled at each other over the meals they had ordered.

Candles, flickered and set the mood for what he had in mind.

“You look beautiful, sorry if I forgot to mention that earlier.” Forge smiled as he speared a piece of broccoli with his fork.

She smiled back. “Don’t worry about it. And thank you.”
He sipped on the red wine that he’d ordered to go with the meal. “So, where do you see us in the next year?”

Ororo paused, wondering where the question was going. She already knew they were going to go back to his place tonight but the question was a mystery. “I don’t know. I hadn’t thougth about it really.”

He smiled. “I love your honesty.”

She smiled. “Where do you see us going?”

“I hadn’t thought about it either.” He lied.

She didn’t notice.

She smiled again. “I love the atmosphere of this place.”

“I have good taste…in everything I choose.” He left the words to linger out in the air and they made her blush.

“I’ll take your word for it.” Ororo’s eyes continued to twinkle. She’d met Forge through Henry, when he’d come to make repairs on the danger room. He’d asked her out two days later, she slept with him on the fifth date, and they’d been together ever since.

“You should.” He tipped the glass back after finishing off his meal.

Ororo continued to smile as Forge called for the check. Her mind wandered back to the mansion… and to Logan.

~

He stood at her grave. For a while he hadn’t been able to come out here. After all it had been him who’d killed her. Jean Grey. The name was scrawled across the marble of the tombstone.

“Would you die for them?” Pheonix had asked. “Would you die for them Logan?”

“No. Not for them.” He paused, watching the tears slip down her face. “For you, Jean. I love you.”

He’d ended her life and felt it drain out of her. A smile had played on her lips as she fell into his arms and died. It was that secret smile that he’d never know the answer to. She hadn’t loved him. The Pheonix, full of desire, had wanted him. But not Jean.

The cigar smoke twirled up into the night air as he took it from his mouth and took a deep breath. His feral instincts told him that someone was standing behind him. Someone who wasn’t a student.

SNIKT!

His claws came out as he turned to face whoever didn’t belong. He came face to face with a gorgeous blond he’d never seen before.

The blond woman smiled at him, impressed with the way he’d became aware of her prescence before she’d even made herself known.

“Hello,” she held out one dainty manicured hand.

Logan looked her over, and appreciated the view. She wore an all white business suit, with the jacket open revealing her…um assets. She was of medium build with sapphires for eyes and a crimsom red mouth. A mouth that begged to be put to use, Logan thought.

She smelled expensive. '

Jadore!

“Who are ya, darlin?” Logan raised an eye brow, but didn’t bother putting away his claws.

“Well, since your obviously not going to shake my hand,” it dropped back to her side. “I guess my name will do. I’m Emma Frost.”

Logan’s eyebrow stayed in it’s raised position. He didn’t know who the fuck she was but she was nice to look at.
Two by NikNak
Maybe you want her maybe you need her
Maybe you started to compare to someone not there
All At Once- The Fray


As soon as the two of them had entered Forge’s apartment, Ororo had Forge out of his clothes. He’d pinned her up against the wall all while sliding up the black dress with the impending need to be inside her. Gently, he’d pulled the straps of the dress down and feasted on her breast, paying them a lot of attention until Ororo had demanded that they go to the bed room right away.

They lay in bed afterwards, Forge sated and satisfied. Ororo was fine, though. She hadn’t climaxed but it was like that for her with a lot of her lovers. He pulled her close and kissed the crook of her neck.

“At dinner,” he whispered. “You seemed far away.”

“Sorry.” She smiled at his kiss. He was an attentive lover, just not a very good one. But she wasn’t with him because of that. She was with him because he made her feel good, like she was the only woman in the room. After years of competition between Jean and another woman for attention when it had come to Scott had made her that way.

“Don’t be. I understand you worry about the students. Charles left you with great responsibility.” She loved that he understood her in that way.

“I hate being far away on our dates, Forge.”

He propped himself up on one elbow and listened to her talk, with one hand drapped across her midsection. “I know. Luckily, I understand.”

“Your amazing, is what you are. Most men might not be able to handle the fact that I run a school with two other men and barely have time to go out to see a movie.” She sighed as she snuggled into the warmth that he offered.

“You’re right. But I know that you don’t have feelings for Hank.” He paused, unsure if he should mention the other man. He did. “Or Logan.”

Ororo snapped up instantly. “Why did you say it like that?”

He looked surprised. “Like what?”

“Like you want me to confirm for the millionth time that I’m not interested in Logan that way.”

Forge set up as well. “You aren’t and I know that.”

“I don’t think that you do. You always manage to bring him up, especially right after we’ve had sex.”

“Made love,” he corrected her.

“Even so, Forge. You always manage to bring him up. Am I missing something?”

“No, baby. Of course not. You know that I trust you.”

She moved to get off the bed just as the sun was beginning to break into the morning sky. “I have to go. I’ll call a cab.”

“No, I’ll drive you.”

Ororo dragged a sheet off the bed with her. “Don’t worry about it.”

“I was going to ask you last night, you know.”

She fixed the sheet around her as she tried to spot every piece of clothing she owned. “Ask me what?”

“To marry me.” He watched as her back tensed and she slowly turned.

Her face softened. “Why?”

“Because I’m sure.”

She was confused now. “Sure of what?”

“Of you. And me. Of us, Ororo. I’m sure that I want to marry you and give you everything you could want. A family.” He left that out there in the air between them as he rolled over to his night stand and pulled out a gold ring with a tear shaped diamond.

Ororo’s hand instantly flew to her mouth. Forge was out of his mind. They’d only been dating for a few months. She couldn’t marry him. Could she? She watched as he came and got down on one knee in front of her.

“I just want you to think about it. Test out the idea, Ororo.” He slipped the ring onto her right hand. “And when you have the answer, let me know. No pressure.”

No pressure, she thought. What in the hell is this ring then. She figured it out then. Last night, when he’d asked her about the future, he’d been referring to marriage. That he wanted to marry her and that he wanted to be with her for…well for forever.

“I’ll definitely think about this.” She handed the ring back to him. She stood then and collected her things.

~

Emma Frost had regaled Logan with plenty of stories about herself when she’d been a student at the Institute years ago. He’d laughed at the appropriate moments and had been the perfect gentleman.

“Wow,” Emma stated looking at the clock on the Rec Room wall. “It’s so late, or rather early.”

The sun was making its way across the sky.

Logan nodded. “Yeah, I guess it is.”

“Sorry to have kept you up all night,” she smiled her dazzling smile and stood. Logan stood then too. They’d been sitting on the couch the entire time. He loomed over her frame and mentally he compared the fact that Storm was only about two inches shorter.

“It’s fine, darlin. I enjoyed the stories.” He heard the door to the mansion quietly open and new instantly that it was Ororo Munroe doing the walk of shame at 6:45 a.m. precisely. He moved away from Emma and went to meet her.

Storm cursed her luck as she came face to face with Logan.

“Hey,” she said in an annoyed fashion.

“Hey, yerself. You look like a wreck.” He commented, wanting to say more. He didn’t need to know why she looked that way, he could smell it all over her. Forge.

The only thing he didn’t smell was her own culmination. He almost quirked an eyebrow at that but decided against it. Mainly because the headmistress of Xavier’s Institute for the Gifted was giving Emma Frost the most deadly look on Earth.

“What. Are. You. Doing. Here?” Storm managed to bite out. She moved Logan out of the way, sneering.

“Really, Storm, you should save that look for Magneto.” Emma rolled her eyes. “I’m here for what’s mine.”

Ororo nearly let her control slip but masked it well. “Well, all your old shit is up in the attic. I guess I could get the students to help locate it.”

Emma glanced over her nails in a bored fashion. She knew she was getting to Ororo and she loved it. She planted a bright smile on her face. “I’m not here because of that. I’m here to help run this school and to get my inheritance, Ororo.”

Logan watched the two of them. Both seemed to dislike the other as much as humanly possible. He smiled. With Emma around things could be interesting.

Storm glanced to Logan and realized he was enjoying the show at her expense. “Look, I’m going to go shower. Why don’t you meet me in my office in twenty minutes. We’ll talk.” She straightened up and prepared to leave.

“Storm, dear. You do mean Charles’ office, right?” Emma looked poised and undefeated, needing to have the last word.

“No.” Storm turned back. “My office.” And then she promptly marched up the stairs her white hair going into a frenzy unlike its mistress.

Logan smiled as she bounded up the stairs.

“I sense a story there.”

“There always is, Logan.” She touched his arm and traced a pattern. “Would you like to hear it?”

“Of course, darlin.”

“Good. I have so many to tell.” She walked away then in search of a bed room to finally put her things away.

She wanted to rest as well before she dueled with Ororo again.

Logan watched her retreating form and shook his head. He’d never met anyone who could rattle the resident goddess as much as one Emma Frost had in just five minutes. Obviously, the two women shared disdain for each other. He didn’t know much about Ororo’s past but he was sure that Emma was all too eager to tell.

He pulled out a cigar and journeyed outside to light up. Xavier would have been proud of Logan for that small gesture.
Three by NikNak
If I don't say this now I will surely break
As I'm leaving the one I want to take
Forgive the urgency but hurry up and wait
My heart has started to separate
Look After You- The Fray


Peter Rasputin, also known as Colossus, was stepping out of the bathroom and going back to his room across the hall, when he spotted an unfamiliar beauty that was about to cross his path. He looked her over and marveled at how she appeared to know her way around the mansion.

“Good morning. Ma’am.” He smiled easily in her direction as she attempted to pass him.

She stopped, her clicking high heels coming to a stop. “Don’t tell me you go to this school?” She eyed his muscular body, and if Peter didn’t know any better, she was flirting with him.

“Yes, ma’am. I do.” He was quiet, as if regarding her because she might strike. Instead she grinned at him with a sort of awe in her eyes.

“Wonders never cease at this place…name?” She asked.

“Peter. Peter Rasputin.” He watched as she stuck out her hand and he shook it gently.

“Nice to meet you Peter Rasputin. I’m Emma Frost.” With that she turned and continued on to her destination which looked to be the Headmistress’s office. He smiled then and went back into his room where his room mate was still sleeping.

Bobby Drake rolled over when the door clicked behind Peter. He wiped the sleep away from his eyes. “It’s a Saturday, why are you up so early.”

“I’ve been up for hours, Drake. Five mile run.” Peter told him as he went about searching for clothes.

“Ugh…what is wrong with you? Does Wolverine have you brainwashed? I’ve got another two hours of sleep before self defense on a Saturday with him!” Bobby rolled back over onto his side, easily slipping back into a restful state.

Peter shook his head, his mind still on Emma Frost. The woman seemed to know her way around the mansion even though he’d never seen her around before.

~

Emma opened the door to the headmistress’s office and was surprised to see that not much had changed. A portrait of Charles Xavier hung behind Storm, who sat waiting. She didn’t look up when she heard Emma come in, as she continued signing documents that needed her attention. Only when she finished did she look up and by that time, Emma had made herself comfortable in the chair directly in front of her.

“Not much has changed.” Emma commented.

Ororo quirked an eyebrow. “Indeed.”

“I know your wondering why I’m here. As I said before, Storm I have come to collect my inheritance. Xavier owed me as much, and I plan to take it.” Emma shrugged, indifferent to how the other woman might take that.

“Charles owed you nothing. You left, you,” Ororo stood. “You are owed nothing.”

Emma smiled at how quickly the other woman became unglued. “Well that is not what Charles thought. At this very moment, my lawyers in England are faxing over part of the will that I received right after Charles’ death.” At Emma’s very words the fax began to beep behind Storm. She turned in a hurry and reached for the paper. Her eyes grew wide.

“This can’t be true.”

Emma stood. “As I have said, I only want what is mine.”
Storm only nodded looking the document over as something caught her eye. “It says that I am to sign over a million dollars to you.”

Emma clapped her hands together, pleased. “I have a pen, darlin. Shall...”

Storm turned to her watching as the words died on Emma’s lips and smiled. “The conditions are that you have to work here. For one year.”

Emma’s face dropped. “I never saw that, what are you going on about?”

Storm handed over the faxed will. “One never does read the fine print, darling.” She bit that last part out.

A disgusted look came upon Emma’s face. “I didn’t believe in his dream then, and I don’t now.”

Ororo stepped from behind the desk and went to leave. She paused by Emma’s side. “It doesn’t matter, Emma. He believed in you.”

Emma smirked and the other woman left her standing there as she centered her rage. She couldn’t believe her lawyer had failed to mention that.

~

Ororo made her way down the stairs, past the Rec. Room and into the kitchen where breakfast was already being made. She sighed because not only was this going to be a long day, Forge’s proposal was still on her mind.

Logan looked up as the white haired woman came in and he noticed the tension the followed her. He chuckled before asking, “How was the meeting?”
Ororo grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down at the table with him. “I hate that woman.”

“As I suspected.” Logan said thoughtfully as he finished off his own cup of coffee. “So what’d she want?”

This question seemed to agitate Ororo further. “A million dollars.”

Logan chucked and sputtered before regaining his composure. “What?”

Storm barely spared a glance to him. “She wants money that Charles left to her. Only thing is, she has to work here for a whole year.”

Logan was careful before he spoke again. “So she’s staying?”

This time she did look at the man. “God, I hope not. This mansion is not big enough for the two of us. Besides, Charles offered her a position here with the X-men along time ago and she declined. She wanted no part of us.”

Logan grunted. “Why is that, ‘Ro?”

Simply, “Her interest lay elsewhere with Magneto.”
That surprised the hell out of him. Emma Frost had been in cahoots with Magneto. She had left that out of her wild and adventurous tales that she’d told him last night. Everything about her had screamed the opposite of dangerous last night, and Logan had to admit his senses had never steered him wrong before.

Ororo finished up her coffee and turned to Logan who seemed deep in thought. “Just because she seems innocent, she’s far from it.”

“I never said anything about her being innocent,” Logan grunted. “So how was the date with Forge last night?”

Ororo had hoped he’d forgotten about that. The only thing she didn’t know was that when she was with Forge, Logan could smell it on her for at least two days. Somehow that annoyed the hell out of him but he didn’t know why. Ororo took her dishes to the sink and began to wash them as Logan moved to here about her date.

“We had dinner and went back to his place.” Ororo said nothing further.

Logan pried. He had nothing better to do at 7:00 in the morning other than to hear about her date. “Did you two do the hanky panky?”

“Logan, really?”

He laughed and held up his hands in defense. “I’m just saying, if you were my girl, you wouldn’t have been doing the walk of shame this morning.”

“Well…I’m not your girl. So shut up about it.”

He chuckled at that. “Fair enough. I’m gonna go shower. Try not to kill Emma.”

Ororo shot him a look. “She’s roped you in too, huh?”

He sighed. “I’m just trying to make friends, ‘Ro. You can never be in short supply of those these days.” He turned on his heel and left the room.

She finished up washing her dish, and his and turned off the sink. Sometimes, Logan annoyed the hell out of her and most of the time it was about other women. She didn’t know if she could handle Logan and Emma getting involved. That was just a little too much for her to think about. She yawned and decided to spend her day upstairs sleeping.

~

Emma eventually, after getting over the shock of the fine details, made her way out to Scott and Jean and Charles’ graves. She’d intended to come out last night and say a small, “Hello,” but instead she’d found the Wolverine out here. She wondered what connection he’d had to Jean, obviously he was thinking about her because of how she’d found him last night, that somber look on his face. She smiled, Jean did have a way of making men look somber.

She placed a single white rose on Scott’s tombstone and sighed. “For what it’s worth, Scotty. I did love you.”

She thought about the times she’d fought with Jean over Scott’s affections. She knew he’d always loved Jean. He’d loved her too, but their love hadn’t held a flame to Jean and Scott’s romance. He’d been willing to walk through hell for Jean, but not for Emma.

She’d accepted that fact. She couldn’t change that.
When they’d broken up for the last time, Scott had demanded something of her at that moment that she didn’t think she could do.

“Emma,” he’d smiled sadly. “Find someone who can love you like you deserved.” He’d walked away then, Jean had been waiting for him.

A single solitary tear dripped down her face at that memory. She had found the one, she’d thought but Scott would never be hers. Emma wiped at the tear and turned her attention to Charles’ grave, completely avoiding Jean’s grave.

“You son of a bitch. You thought you’d trick me into this life, didn’t you. I’m going to be the best damn teacher this school has seen in years. And when it’s all said and done you bastard, I’m taking the million and never looking back.” She turned slowly because her heel had been digging into the soft ground when she heard footsteps approaching. She saw blue out the corner of her eye and realized it was Hank McCoy.

“Aye, Blue.” She smiled when he came closer.

He regarded her in a slight manner. He’d found out about her arrival earlier this morning when he’d flown in from Washington, D.C. and had come upon her and Wolverine talking in the Rec. Room. “Emma.”

“Oh, Blue. Don’t be like that. Me and Charles were just having a conversation.” She continued to smile up at he fuzzy blue mutant.

“A bit one sided, don’t you think?” He asked finally breaking a smile.

She shrugged. “I guess but Charles always had a special sense of humor.”

“I suppose.” He wrapped an arm about her shoulders. “Come let’s get you some tea. You must be famished.”

Emma gave Charles Xavier’s monument one last look of annoyance before following the Hank inside to have tea. She did have a slight headache coming on at the moment, and tea always seemed to do the trick for her.

~

Bobby Drake ducked for all his worth as Wolverine swung on him and then did a sweep. He saw stars as he landed on his back. Eventually, his vision cleared and he found Logan standing on top of him, smiling that cocky ass smile. He stretched out a hand to the younger mutant, which Bobby took and was yanked back to his feet.

Logan cracked his neck and turned to the class. “Did you all see how I did that sweep? Practice on your partners for a few minutes. I’ll walk around and instruct.”

He watched as everyone paired up and Bobby Drake rubbed his back side. “Crazy bastard,” Bobby whispered under his breath, forgetting. Logan raised an eyebrow and shook his head.

He watched as Rogue paired up with Colossus, despite the fact that she no longer had powers, and smiled. She chose well when it came down to partners. Bobby was paired up to Kitty Pryde, much to Marie’s dislike. He could smell the contempt rolling of the two in waves.

He watched as they went through a series of punches and blocks, and kicks before trying to sweep. Colossus was victorious when he swept Marie’s legs from out from under her, but she quickly bounced back to her feet. Obviously, her head wasn’t in Advanced Martial Arts, as it whipped around and found Bobby and Kitty smiling at each other.

She got back to her feet and almost stormed over to where they were until Colossus stopped her. “Focus,” he told her.

Marie shook her head and glanced at Logan who seemed to be daring her with his eyes to start mayhem in his class. She cleared her head again and went through the blocks before trying and successfully sweeping Colossus. When he fell, he fell hard.
A good natured smile came upon his face as he got to his feet. “Good job, little one.”

Marie playfully punched him in the arm. “You’re good to practice on.”

“Glad I’m a good substitute for the Katya, then.” He remarked as he spoke of Kitty in Russian.

Logan dismissed the class a few minutes and left. He had other things he wanted to do on a Saturday, other than teach kids. He still didn’t know how he’d gotten roped into training these kids anyway, but they did seem to be getting better at defending themselves, especially Marie. He was proud of her for using self control that he sometimes didn’t have.
Four by NikNak
One week later, Ororo Monroe, found herself on the phone with one Betsy Braddock, whose codename was Psylocke. She’d trained at the institute with Jean, Scott, and Emma as well when she was younger. She now resided in England where she did work for the British government.

“I had no one else to talk to about this because…” Storm stopped herself realizing the road she was going down.

“Because Jean is dead. I know. I wish I’d been there.” Betsy said from the other end, sadness evident in her voice.

“But on a lighter note, I don’t know about marriage. It’s been three months. Just three.” Ororo sighed as she cradled the phone.

“Sometimes, Storm. That’s all you need.” Betsy was actually excited by this. “If he’s sure, then you should take the plunge.”

Ororo sighed again. “But I’m not sure! If I say yes to Forge, where does that leave the school? I’d have to juggle being an X-man, running the school and being a wife.” She paused something dawning on her. “For God’s sake, we haven’t even discussed how many children we might want.”

“Wow. Maybe this is moving fast.” Betsy frowned on the other end. “I tell you what, I’m coming home.”

“What, no! You can’t! I mean, can you?”

“Your damn straight I can. My friend needs me, and I want to meet this Forge fellow before you go taking the dive.” Ororo could tell she was planning something on the other end.

“By the by, is that Logan chap still living there?”

“Betsy, you can’t be serious!” Ororo exclaimed just as the door to her office parted and Logan stepped inside, his usual scowl in place already.

“What?” She asked innocently. “I’m just surprised you two haven’t shagged by now anyway.”

Storm’s cerulean eyes widened as they made contact with Logan’s hazel. “We don’t have much in common which is why it would never work. You email me with details and I’ll make sure to have a room set up.”

“See’ ya in a few days, sweetie. Give Logan a kiss for me.” Betsy hung up then and Ororo smiled up at Logan hoping he hadn’t heard that but figured that he had anyway.

“What’s up Logan?” She smiled sweetly hoping he would avoid the subject of Betsy Braddock and kissing.

“I’m taking off,” he stated simply.

“Oh!” A look of disappointment was replaced by another smiled. “Of course. Silly me, why would I expect the Wolverine to stay here to long.”

He grunted. “I didn’t say I wasn’t coming back, ‘Ro.” He sat on the desk and watched her. Remembering that first time he’d seen her. That white hair pinned back and refusing to obey its keeper as wind and ice flew around them.

Absently, he tucked a piece behind her hair and watched as her breath hitched. “Logan, what are you doing?”

“Stray hair, ‘Ro.” He answered as if it were the most natural thing in the world for him to touch her.
She smacked his hand away. “Will you be back soon or should I find someone to take over your spot permanently?”

He smiled down at her and sniffed. She was pissed. “I told ya, darlin. I’ll be back. I wouldn’t leave you with Emma to long anyway.”

Ororo stood and came to her full height, still making her shorter than him by a few inches. “I’ll take your word for it, Logan. Do me a favor though and tell Marie. I can’t handle her being stressed out because her friend decided to leave again.”

Logan stood then too. If he weren’t the Wolverine, the most feared mutant on the planet, he might have been intimidated by Storm. He only grunted. “She knows and she has problems of her own.”

“She and Kitty still fighting over Bobby?” She relaxed as she came from around her desk and the two of them headed for the door.

“Yeah. Something they need to work out, I guess.” Logan turned back to Storm before opening the door. “I’ll be back, Storm.” He leaned in as if to kiss her but stopped himself. He didn’t know where that impulse had come from but he noticed that she hadn’t moved away.

“I know,” she whispered wondering why she wasn’t electrocuting his ass for leaving her alone because Emma wasn’t of much help, and Hank stayed in Washington a majority of the time.

Time seemed to stand still, neither willing to move away from the other until the illusion was shattered by the ringing of the phone.

“You should get that,” Logan breathe.

“I should get that,” Storm stated her cerulean eyes begging to ask what was going on. It rang a few more times before the answering machine came on and Forge’s voice filled the room. Ororo backed away then and left Logan standing. He watched her under hooded eyes and shook his head. She picked up the phone and instantly whatever Forge had said, made her laugh.

Forget it, bub! That’s someone else’s girl, Logan thought and he left. Canada was calling to him.
Ororo watched from her window as Logan sped down the gravel drive on Scott’s bike. She breathe a sigh of relief and continued to listen to Forge as he talked to her. She didn’t know what had come over her in those few moments. Maybe it had been Betsy putting ideas into her head. Maybe it was her need to get cold feet before committing to anything with Forge. Whatever in the hell it had been scared the living day lights out of her.

~

Marie sat on Bobby Drake’s bed in the room he shared with Peter and waited. He’d gone out with some of the other kids to see a movie which she had opted out of because Kitty was going. She tried to tell herself that Bobby would never kiss someone the way he kissed her, and mean it. She wanted desperately to cling to that notion because it made sense when nothing else did. Bobby’s lips on another girl did not make sense to her. He loved her and all she had to do was finally put her heart out there and see what happened.

He entered laughing, followed by Peter and Kitty. She stood and smiled. “Hey.”

“Hey.” He returned the smile then turned back to Kitty and Peter expectantly. Kitty looked as if she didn’t want to budge but Peter ushered her out of the room.

“I missed you tonight.” She ran her hand nervously through her hair.

“Missed you too,” he smiled sliding closer and gently pressing kiss to her forehead. She reveled in his touch, it was still so new to her not to hurt him. He pulled his arms around her and held her close.

“How was the movie?” She asked trying to figure out a way to bring up Kitty without turning this into a huge fight.

“It went. I wished you’d came.” Bobby paused. “Why didn’t you?”

“Homework.” Lie.

“Was it hard?”

“Calculus.” Another lie.

“Well I’m glad your finished. How about we do something?” He started to pull her towards the door.
“Bobby, stop! We need to talk.” She looked to meet his eyes and finally he understood why she was waiting in his room.

“Nothing good ever came of those words.” He joked because he felt that if he didn’t, his heart might stop.

“I want to know why you kissed, Kitty!” Marie blurted out the words before she could stop herself.
Five by NikNak
Looking for the right one you line up the world to find
Where no questions cross your mind
But she won't keep on waiting for you without a doubt
Much longer for you to sort it out
All At Once- The Fray



Two weeks.

It had been two weeks since Ororo had last seen the feral mutant known as Logan, and she suddenly missed him. She missed their late night talks about of all subjects Jean, Scott and the Professor. She missed the way he would tell her it was okay while she cried but dared not touch her. Logan respected the boundaries that they had between the two of them.

“We’re going out, tonight?” Elizabeth “Betsy” Braddock smiled into her best friends face as she leaned over her.

“Oh really?” Ororo took up a smooth fighter’s stance. It came naturally after years of practice.

Betsy nodded a smirk on her face. The two of them had been going at this for half and hour and Storm had defently been thinking about one of two things: marriage to Forge, or Logan the missing in action Wolverine. “Yes, really.”

“Okay, if you knock me on my back in the next few minutes, you’re on.”

“Deal.”

“Deal.” Ororo replied having no idea what she’d just put herself up against. Elizabeth Braddock had become an expert at martial arts because of a crazy body switch that had occurred a few years ago. She swung her leg out and clipped Ororo’s left arm.

“Keep your guard up,” Betsy paused bouncing on the balls of her feet and then struck out again with her fist.
Ororo dodged easily and caught the other with a right hook. She smiled, finally her head in the game. The two of them went at it for the next ten minutes before Betsy successfully swept her feet from under her.
Betsy stuck out her hand and helped her up. “You so need a drink.”

“Yeah.” Ororo agreed as the two of them left the gym. It was already nine o’clock.

“Maybe we should bring Emma along.”

Ororo gave her a death glare. “Something tells me she wouldn’t like Harry’s.”

“Common Ro. The woman has no friends. Xavier tricked her into coming here.” Betsy stopped in her tracks, and forcing to do the same.

“That’s not my problem.”

Betsy sighed and looked the white haired woman over. This was her sister, her best friend and she was the most stubborn bitch on earth. “Is this about Scott?”

Ororo’s mouth dropped. It literally dropped open at Betsy’s words. “No!” She snapped quickly, regaining her composure.

“It is about Scott. I never understood why you and Jean and Emma went gaga over him. In the end, Jean won. He had an affair with Emma before him and Jean were really at that stage where they knew it was forever. Don’t punish her for that. Don’t punish her for loving Scott.” Betsy touched Ororo’s shoulder gently.

“I loved him, Betsy. For a really long time, but I understood that Jean loved him even more than I ever could. I was fine being his friend, but Emma couldn’t except…” Emma rounded the corner looking smug having heard the whole conversation.

“Couldn’t except what?” Emma stood in front of Storm her arms crossed. “Except that Scott was never going to be mine?”

A thousand smart ass remarks died on the other woman’s lips as she realized that Emma wasn’t still completely over Scott, unlike her. “I just pity you.”

“Pity me…you bitch.” Emma stepped forward attempting to strike Ororo but Betsy stopped her by grabbing her hand.

“Emma,” she said in a warning tone. “Don’t. I know that you both loved Scott, but in the end, he loved only Jean. Now both of you go get dressed. Were going out tonight.” Betsy smiled as she realized the weight of her words were easing the mounting tension. She started to leave but stopped. “And bring your baggage ladies, because tonight we drink it away.”

~


Kitty eagerly waited. She’d been waiting for two weeks to get close to Bobby. She needed to ask the question that had been burning her up inside.

She knew everynight around nine, he went for a walk. Not a long walk, just one he used to clear his head after classes and homework had taken their toll.
She watched as he strolled out and then she came up beside him.

“Whoa!” He shrieked a tab bit afraid at the sight of the girl stepping out of the waiting shadows.

“Just me, Bobby.” She smiled up into his face as she stepped even closer.

“Hey,” he nodded wanting to step back. “What are you doing out here?”

“Waiting for you. Bobby, I…” She trailed off and looked back towards the mansion towards the room where Rogue slept in. “I’ve been needing to talk to you.”

“About?”

“Us.”

He smirked. “Kitty, there isn’t an us.”

“I know that Bobby. But there could be.” She smiled. “Right?”

He didn’t know what to say. She’d just blind sighted him with that little revelation. “No, there couldn’t be Kitty.”

“Why?” It was simple enough.

“Because I love, Rogue. I chose her because I love her and as much as I like you, I’m not in love with you.” He stepped back and turned his direction towards the mansion. Suddenly, he didn’t feel like walking tonight.

Kitty watched him leave and suddenly she felt like a fool for chasing after Bobby like she had. He’d only liked her and he loved Rogue. A tear came down her cheek and quickly she wiped it away. She’d been a fool to hang on to those thoughts and dreams about a future with Bobby that had never existed. She eventually followed suit and went back into the mansion.

~


Ororo Munroe had never felt as drunk as she did at that very minute. She was boldly dancing on one of the hottest guys in this club, after they had decided to skip Harry’s at the very last minute. New York’s Hellfire Club was out of control and the only way they’d gotten in was because of Emma Frost. She’d shaken her head at that because she’d always thought that Emma had been too much of a frigid bitch to do anything exciting. She smiled at that thought because a lot of people thought the same thing about her sometimes. Hell, Logan had even told her that once, not that she paid much attention to what Logan said to her about things.

If he suggested the walls should be blue, Ororo instantly wanted pink. If he thought they should have tacos for dinner, she wanted to fight him for seafood. He brought that out in her, the need to fight and be territorial.

The guy she was grinding against smiled down at her. “So, what’s your name?”

She turned to him and smiled up, that liquid courage she’d digested a while ago threatening to come up. “I don’t know if I should tell you.”

“You can,” she realized that he was holding her close now.

She didn’t like it at all. She took a breath. “I’m sure you’d love to know. But really, I just met you.” Mentally she was sending out a distress call to Emma who quirked her eyebrows and giggled as she sipped on her Long Island ice tea. She gave Betsy a look.

“We must save, Ororo,” she said and glanced over to Storm. “From that fine piece of man.”

“Down, girl.” Betsy laughed as the two of them slipped from the bar and into the crowd to rescue their leader.

“You rang,” Emma smiled.

The guy looked at the two other women and smiled. “Ladies, what can I do for you?”

“You can let go of our friend,” Betsy advised.

“All she has to do is say so,” the man replied looking back to the woman who had her hands planted squarely against his chest.

“Uh..let go,” Storm’s words slurred together drunkenly.

“Will do.”

The man released her as Betsy and Emma took her each by the shoulders and pushed her away from him and back through the crowd and towards the bar.

“One more shot, girls.” The woman known as Storm smiled as she slid onto a barstool. Tonight, she wanted to forget that she was a leader, and a teacher and a protector. She wanted to forget it all.

Emma and Betsy gave each other looks before following suit and settling themselves back at the bar.

“Don’t you think you’re hitting the liquor a bit too hard?” Betsy asked while Emma watched as the white haired woman slammed down a shot of Jack Daniels and asked for another.

Ororo wiped her mouth and smiled. “No. Do you?”

“Yes, Storm. I do.”

“To bad, you’re not my mother. She’s dead. And you’re not my father. He’s dead too.” She picked up the short shot glass and prepaired to take another shot. “They’re all dead, Betsy.”

She through her head back along with the shot and felt the familiar sting as it took away her pain. She was always in pain she decided and it didn’t matter what she did, she would always feel it.

Always.

“Storm, I think you’ve had enough,” Betsy said sharply.

“I don’t think I have. This is all that I can do not to remember on a night like this that I miss my family. They should be here but they aren’t.”

Emma sighed because she’d had enough. “Don’t act like were not grieving. That isn’t all your grief, Ororo. I grieved to, but now I’m living.”

Ororo turned to the blond mutant beside her. “Grieve? Who did you grieve for? Surely not Jean, maybe Scott. But you damn sure didn’t grieve, for Xavier.”

Emma looked away and whispered. “We kept in touch.”

“You what?”

Emma cleared her throat. “Me and Xavier kept in touch after I got a divorce from Sebastion Shaw, who happens to own this club. I came back to the States, fell for Shaw, married him. Had a miscarriage and then things turned bitter. Thus divorce.”

Ororo’s eyes widened. “I’m not drunk enough for this.”

Betsy said nothing as her friend got off the barstool and they all headed out to the black SUV they’d liberated from the garage earlier. Ororo stumbled into the back and Emma and Betsy got up front, with Betsy driving.

~


Kitty was sitting in the Rec Room when Rogue entered. The two female mutants glared at each other intensely before Rogue backed out not wanting to start a fight. Bobby had explained to her what had happened earlier.

Suddenly the sound of a motorcycle caught her ears and she smiled.

He was back.

She ran down to the garage to meet him and watched as he slung a bag over his shoulders.

“Sup, kid?” He asked in low voice. He sounded weary and tired just as he always did when he came back from chasing his past.

“Ah’ve miss yah” Rogue wrapped her arms around his neck when he came close enough.

“Missed ya to,” he said returning the hug.

The two of them walked until they reached his room with Rogue filling him in on the happenings of Mutant High. Not much had changed in the weeks that he’d been gone, except that he now knew about the arrival of Elizabeth Braddock. He was going to be outnumbered on the team of mutants if more females kept showing up.

Rogue said goodbye eventually and a bit reluctantly and allowed Logan to rest in peace.

He slept for a little while before finally getting up and going down stairs just in time to see three drunk mutants stumbling in. One of them was a white haired weather goddess who had apparently out drank the other two.

She had her sling back heels off and in her hand while the other hand allowed her to lean against the wall in her attempt to walk.

She stumbled but he caught her in time.

“Lo-Oh-gan” she smiled up into his face. He caught a whiff of her breath and it was pure Jack Daniels. He looked at the other two who were at least walking right. “Your home.”

“Darlin, how much did ya drink?” he asked in a gruffer tone than he’d intended. He’d never admit to anyone how good it felt for her to be happy at his return and in his arms.

“Enough to make you sexy” she smiled up him.

He closed his eyes praying she’d remember that one in the morning. “Come on, let’s get you to bed.”

“Only if you say please… can you take this off,” Ororo smiled as she pointed to her dress. She was feeling more than sexy and the role of seductress belonged to her. She wanted to owned the title and the man in front of her was the one she wanted to seduce, oh so badly.
He suppressed a groan before asking. “You two okay?”

“Were, fine Logan.” Betsy smiled. “She’s the one who needs the help.”

Emma said nothing, only watching with interest as he helped his team leader with a tenderness she’d never seen from anyone before. She also knew that the Wolverine was rarely the tender type. When they were gone, she turned to Betsy.

“Those two have something going on.”

“What!” Betsy exclaimed. “Yeah, right. Those two don’t have one thing in common. And besides, Ororo is with Forge.”

“She’s with him and yet, she hasn’t answered his proposal. Sounds like there’s a reason behind that.” Emma left Betsy wondering about her words and about how they rang true.

~
The nearest room that he could get the drunken headmistress to was his own. Logan sighed at the thought of the students finding out. They would have a field day with this. He first placed her on the bed and then went to lock the door behind him. The last thing he needed was Rogue barging in on him when he was only trying to be a decent friend.

“Are ya gonna undress me?” Ororo cooed. She definitely didn’t see him as a decent friend at the moment.

He turned to her and saw that she was on his bed propped up seductively on the bed. If he had been anyone else she wouldn’t have had to ask. “No,” he snapped.

“Fine,” she slid off the bed. “I’ll undress myself.”

Before he could stop her the black silk dress fluttered to the floor and she was left standing with nothing but pearls on. What a seductive image she made for him. It was one he would always keep. She closed the distance before him and smiled up into his face, blue eyes shining. “That’s better, right Logan?” Her whisper was seductive as she pulled his head down for a kiss that instantly made him hard. That made him want to be inside of her.

A weird ass thought came out of no where.

Mate!

It was simple thought, but it was also the scariest thought he’d ever had. He’d never even went there with Jean because of Scott. He would not be the reason Ororo couldn’t find happiness. He pushed her away.

“Are you gay?” She asked quickly.

“What? No, I’m not gay.” He raised an eyebrow as he tried to defend his manhood. “You’re drunk and you don’t know what you’re saying.”

“I’m not Jean. Is that it?” She was biting her lip in the most seductive way. She was oblivious to the torture she was inflicting upon him.

He smiled. “No, Ro. I want you. I mean I want you really bad, but…”

“So take me.” She stumbled and he caught her again.

“Making a habit of stumbling, darlin?” He asked on a growl.

“No,” she snapped. “I should go. Here I am, drunk and horny and with you. This picture is wrong.”

He looked between them at her naked body. “It seems right to me. But you’re right, Storm. Maybe you should go.”

“I don’t want to.” She whispered and pulled his head back down again. She tasted of Jack Daniels and tequila and the bitter taste of lime and salt lingered as well. He wanted to devour her, and she was willing. Oh so willing, to let him take her body and ravish it until she climaxed.

Before he knew it she was undoing his pants and falling to her knees. She pulled his cock out of his pants and caressed it gently.

She smiled up at him, her thoughts secret. She was mentally, in her drunken state comparing him to Forge. He was much larger.

Her mouth encased his cock and he let out a breath he’d been holding. Her mouth felt incredible and warm against his flesh. He hissed as she nipped at him lightly.

He pulled her up and pushed her back onto the bed. He’d never thought in a million years that he would have her naked in his bed room. But she was and he wanted her. He gave no thoughts to anything else. He just needed to be inside her, to be apart of her.

“Logan, please.” She said wanting him.

She spread her legs and instantly he dipped his head tasting her. Finally he took her into his mouth completely and delighted in the sounds she was making above him. He leaned up and inserted two fingers, stroking her.

Her blue eyes flew open and locked with his.

“Come for me,” he demanded and she did. His words sent her careening over the edge and falling into the ecstasy of his touch.

“Inside of me now!” She hissed and felt him moved between her legs as he stripped off his black tee shirt and through it to the floor.

He slipped into her, trying not to hurt her. She was warm and clenching around him, accommodating him. When he was all the way in, he pulled out and slammed into her again. She cried out in what he knew was Swahili and English as he growled and thrust against her.

All tenderness was gone from him. He wanted her with every fiber of his being. He wanted her to solely belong to him. He wanted to claim her. He leaned down and nipped her delicate shoulder as he thrust harder and deeper into body.

She cried out his name over and over. She pulled him down for a kiss and somewhere in the back of her inebriated mind; she wondered what she was doing. And then the answer came to her.
You’re having your first orgasm, and with that she pushed all other thoughts aside falling back into the moment.

She bucked and arched her back to meet each thrust. They were completely in the throws of passion with neither wishing for anything else but this moment.
Logan let go and together they went over the edge, satisfied with what had transpired between them.
Six by NikNak
Twenty years it's breaking you
down, now that you understand there's
no one around.Take a breath, just take a seat,
you're falling apart and tearing at the seams.
Heaven Forbid- The Fray




Ororo awoke a few hours later and determined that while she had had the best sex of her life, it hadn’t been with her boyfriend. Guilt was slowly going to overtake her. She wasn’t the type of girl who did this sort of thing.

She wanted desperately to be happy with Forge.

She looked over to Logan who was obviously awake and self-consciously pulled the sheet around her.

“What did you do to me?” she hissed as she climbed from his bed, searching for her clothes.

“Whoa, lady. Don’t even try that shit with me. I try helping you out and the next thing I know you’re stripping.” Logan growled, about to launch into a defensive rant when he saw Ororo breaking down in tears.

Regret was radiating through her every pore and he suppressed a groan. How did he make cheating okay for her? He didn’t want to feel sorry for her, but he did. “I can’t believe I cheated on Forge. With you, of all people.”

“Jesus, darlin. I wasn’t that bad in bed, was I?” He asked trying to make light of the situation but to no avail.

She turned to him then trying to dry her tears. “I always told Forge that there was nothing going on between us.”

“And there still isn’t. You had an itch, and I scratched it.” He shrugged.

“Look, Logan. Sex for you may be casual, but for me… Forget it. I’m getting my things and leaving.” She tightened the sheet around her and went back to looking for her clothes.

He rubbed the back of his neck wondering why in the hell he’d slept with her. He should have controlled himself because he knew better. But he was willing to take this like a man.

“I enjoyed what happened here, darlin.” Logan said suddenly not wanting her to leave. While she’d been in his bed, he’d dreamed for the first time since he could remember. Real actual dreams that hadn’t terrified him into waking with his body awash in sweat. She had calmed his mind with her body and closeness.

She turned back to him after finding everything. “Yeah, well I didn’t,” she snapped.

Lie

He could smell it on her.

“Sure ya didn’t darlin. Admit it, I’m the best you’ve had in a long time.” He stood then and pulled her close, waiting for her to tell him that she hadn’t enjoyed being with him. “I distinctly remember you calling out my name numerous times.”

“This shouldn’t have happened, Logan. I was drunk…"She pulled away from him.

“That excuse will get tired eventually. We fucked and had a good time. Forge could never make you come as hard as I did…” He didn’t have time to react as her hand struck him. “First ones free darlin, but you won’t get a second shot.”

“I hate you,” Ororo sneered lightly as she shoved her panties on awkwardly. Logan watched her with guarded eyes and sniffed the air.

She wasn’t kidding about hating him though. At that moment he could smell all of her contempt for him and it stung his nostrils.

“Get out,” he snapped.

“I was just leaving,” Ororo opened the door and stepped out into the hall. She kept walking in quick strides until she was inside of her loft.

She sank against the door and cried.

She had just betrayed Forge in the worst possible way. He would never forgive her for this, he would never marry her.
Seven by NikNak
Two days later, Logan stood outside in the pouring rain at Jean’s grave, his head hung low. The intense pain of losing her was overwhelming him. He could still see that smile in his mind’s eye. And the Phoenix’s taunting stagnant words remained also.

He shook them away and exhaled noisily. “I fucked up real bad, Jeannie.”

He suddenly wished the red headed woman was there to give him advice. He wiped the rain out of his eyes. He knew that was something that he and Storm had both drawn from her; the woman could make you feel at ease with just a look. He’d felt at ease with her the moment he’d awoken in the lower levels of the mansion.

He had wanted Jean because of that comfort that she had brought to him in those first few fleeting seconds.

“Real bad. And I don’t think I can fix it this time.” He walked away then deciding he might as well drown his sorrows in a beer or two.

X


Logan walked in on Storm and Psylocke in a heated debate over simple white, or cream colored bridesmaid dresses. He’d learned from Rogue that Ororo was thinking about marrying Forge. He’d only grunted at that, thinking back to the night they’d spent together and the way she’d looked beneath him. Wild and lustful. The thoughts made him hard but he shook them away.

Actually, he’d been hard at the thought of her a lot lately. He knew it was wrong to think of her that way because she obviously didn’t want to ever be that close with him again.

They looked up when he came in, and he and Ororo made eye contact.

“Hey,” Betsy said, noticing the look that passed between them. Suddenly, she felt like the third wheel and instantly decided she needed to be somewhere else.

“Hey,” he grunted back reaching into the back of the refriderator for beer, finding two and pulling them out.

“I…um, need to go check on Hank.” Betsy hastily excused herself and left Ororo alone with the feral mutant who had cracked open both beers and was leaning lazily against the counter. He watched her go and smirked.

She knew.

That thought made him grin.

“What are you grinning at?” Storm asked closing the magazines that she and Betsy had been looking over and gathering them to her.

“She knows ‘bout what we did. I can tell.” He turned his gaze to her.

“I doubt it,” Ororo dismissed his words.

“So your gonna tie the not with the Maker, huh?” he asked before sipping the beer.

“I’m thinking about it, yes.”

He paused before sipping again. “Have you told him?”
She played dumb. “Told him what?”

“Don’t play games, Ro. Have you told him about how we had fun the other night, for lack of better words?” His words almost seemed to echo and it caused her to look around nervously.

“No!” she snapped. “And I’d appreciate it if you never mentioned it ever again.”

She didn’t bother telling Logan that she hadn’t talked to Forge in forever because he was on assignment doing something top secret. He had his secrets, and she now had one of her own. It was the way of the world for now, and even though she didn’t like it, she just had to get over it. Forge was never going to know as longs as she could help it.

He smiled because he had just rattled her. “Is that how you start off all your relationships?”

“Why are you being this way?” She wanted an honest answer as she stood and approached him. It reminded him of that day when they’d first met and she told him to choose a side because she’d already chosen one.

“Yer so fucking beautiful,” he growled out the remark and watched as something flashed behind her eyes.

Her expression turned painful. “I want to marry, Forge.”

He nodded and looked away. “I know.”

“Then why are you being this way?” She touched his face almost needing to touch him because it was what he did to her. He drew her into his world and made her need to be in his presence. His eyes came back to rest on her features as her hand dropped back to her side. She hadn’t meant to get that close.

“Can’t help it,” he bit out seeming almost wounded by her words. He couldn’t admit the thoughts he’d had about her to her face. He couldn’t tell her how he now felt territorial and that the thought of Forge ever touching her again, made him want to rip the other man’s throat out. Nah, he couldn’t explain that in one night he’d discovered that he burned for her. Hell, he couldn’t explain to her how much her touch reminded him of something intimate.

He definitely couldn’t tell her that he’d marked her in the heat of passion.

She almost smiled. “It was just one night, Logan.”

That was all it had taken.

He wanted her now. He needed to possess her, but instead he walked away. She watched him go, and decided that he wouldn’t tell Forge. And as much as it was killing her, she wouldn’t tell him either.

A painful mental call from Emma told her she was needed in the sub-layer. She’d been working on Cerebro.

Something was amiss.

X


Emma had been relaxed while using Cerebro. It required all of her focus to use the machine that Charles Xavier had used to find other mutants, those both powerful and weak.

As the hum of the machine narrowed her psychic focus, she found an interruption. She focused even harder and found that it was coming from a certain someone. At that moment, a terrible scream erupted from her lips in Forge’s voice.

Fighting the pain, she pulled Cerebro from her head and mentally called Storm to alert her to Forge’s plight. She needed to know that whoever had captured him meant business.

She collapsed then.
Eight by NikNak
Emma was hooked up to an IV and a few other machines that were monitoring her body. She had a sheet pulled around her and one Dr. Hank McCoy was watching over her.

Storm sat by her bedside and watched as she awakened confused. “Where am I?” she asked.

“The infirmary,” Storm said carefully.

“Oh,” came Emma’s response before settling in again. “What happened?”

“I found you passed out but you woke up and told me about Forge before passing out again. I called Hank to drag you down here. Betsy and the kids bought flowers.” She pointed to the vase by Emma’s bedside.

“Tell them I said thank you,” and then she noticed that

Storm was dressed in her uniform before saying. “Your going after him, aren’t you?”

“Yeah, I am. Just wanted to check on you.”

“Thank, you.”

“Your welcome. Now, I’m leaving. I’m taking Betsy and Logan.” Storm turned on her heel to leave but Emma’s words caught her off guard.

“The mutant that has him, she’s powerful Storm. Omega level. Has the ability to re-open wounds that should have healed years ago.”

Storm glanced over her should. “I don’t care how powerful she is. I have to get Forge out of there.”

“I know,” Emma said. “Be careful.”

“Always,” and she was gone.

She took the elevator down to the hangar and found both Psylocke and Wolverine waiting. Logan watched her carefully. She really did love, Forge. Again Phoenix’s words came back to him to haunt him.

“Would you die for them?”

He now realized how false his reply had been. He was willing to risk life and limb for Ororo now. He was ready to risk his life for all of them. He was ready to admit that she’d been right all along about the Phoenix. The Phoenix had been a creature of pure lust, and glowing hatred. She was a being that was dead. Ororo was alive and full of life. She had a pureness that she had allowed him to taste and he wished he could take all of that into himself.

He strapped himself into one of the back seats as she and Betsy took the pilot and co-pilot chairs. He hated flying, he’d decided. Especially since nearly eight months ago, the roof of the Blackbird had come apart and Rogue had been pulled through, only to be saved by another mutant named Nightcrawler who could teleport.

He shifted uncomfortable once or twice. Betsy turned around and gave him a smile. The other woman obviously knew of his discomfort. Storm however, refused to meet his gaze or even look at him. He could tell that she was trying hard not to cry about Forge.

“E.T.A. is eleven hours,” Storm said softly. They were about to fly into Germany to find Forge. His last known whereabouts had been the U.S. Embassy there. The Embassy already knew that they were coming.
Nine by NikNak
Finally Ororo was beginning to become travel weary. Betsy looked over at the other woman and suggested that she take a break and offered to fly for a little while.

Ororo took her up on the offer and made her way to the back of the jet to the bunks. Logan was already back there waiting when she approached.

“Hey,” she said uneasily. She remembered the look on his face when she’d told him about Forge’s kidnapping. It had been stony as he’d told her he wanted to help.

“You look like hell, kid,” he bit out and she laughed sitting down beside him on his bunk. He didn’t move to stop her, so she lay down beside him and he scooted over to allow her room.

“Logan, I don’t want things to change between us because of what happened. And because I’m going to eventually marry Forge.”

He didn’t say anything for a minute and she took his silence for something else.

“You hate me, don’t you?” She exhaled deeply. “Sex makes things difficult. It always does.”

He put his hand on her arm to stop her. “I don’t hate you, Ro. I could never hate you for making a choice.”

She smiled at that. “We’re always making choices, Logan.”

“I know and yours just happens to not allow you to have anymore casual sex with friends. I completely understand.” He moved to get up from beside her in the tiny ass bunk, but that required him to move over top of her so that his body was barely inches away from hers.

She reached up and traced his face as he braced himself on either side of her. “I can’t be Jean, Logan and try juggling two men.”

“I don’t need ya to be, darlin” he leaned down and their lips were nearly touching. Ororo made the first move, and they connected. It was a raw kiss that was powerful and needy and it transcended what they needed and what they needed to feel. They weren’t just fireworks going off, they were the whole show.

Neither wanted it to end, but Logan pulled away and spoke.

“We’re going to save him, Ro. And then I’m gone for good. You don’t need me anymore.” He kissed her forehead and then got out of the bunk.

“I’ll always need you, Logan.” She said not knowing that his sensitive hearing had heard her words.

Logan wanted to go back to that bunk to make love to the woman who set him on fire with just one kiss. He’d experience more pleasure from just her words than he ever had from one kiss with Jean. While he’d never want to compare them, he felt that Ororo would always win.
What scared him shitless was how fast she’d taken up residence in his heart. After all, he’d only come back because of her, because she needed his help at the institution.

He reached into the mini fridge they kept onboard and reached for a beer. Beer was strangely comfort food for him. He sighed as he cracked one open and listened to Betsy’s voice as they announced their arrival in Germany.

~


Logan strolled down the ramp of the Blackbird with Ororo in front of him and Betsy to his right. He looked over at the Asian beauty and smiled his most charming smile.

“So, Bets what ya’ doing tomorrow night?” He hooked an arm around her shoulders and she smiled back up him shyly. Her purple eyes regarded him nervously.

“Why, Logan, are you trying to ask me out for dinner?”

He shrugged then. “Maybe.”

Ororo’s heart jumped in her chest, she knew she had no rights or claims to Logan. Just like with Scott, she was going to take the backseat because Logan didn’t belong to her. He never had.

She turned to them. “You should take her to Chi’s. It has great atmosphere.”

Logan’s eyes widened at her suggestion but instantly he shrugged. “Sound good to you, Bets?”

Betsy gave Storm a once over as if the woman had grown another head and smiled up at Logan. “That sounds good.”

“Maybe we can double date when Forge is up to it,” Logan bit out and he saw Ororo’s face fall. His plan of trying to get her out of his head was going to have to work. For both their sakes.
Roses and Thorns by NikNak
They had pinpointed the location on where Forge’s energy signature had last been seen by Emma. They entered silently and heard Forge’s screams way before they ever saw him.

When they finally reached him, they found a badly bloodied, and passed out, Forge chained to a table in an upright position. It looked as if his body had been carved up like a turkey in certain spots across is chest. The scene was so horrible, Logan instantly believed that the other man would need cosmetic surgery to repair the damage.

Ororo instantly wanted to run to Forge but they feared it could be booby trapped or rigged with explosives that may have been hidden so they held her back. Tears erupted at the sight of her future husband chained to the table, but the worst part was that he wasn’t moving or even breathing as far as she could tell.

Blood was pooling everywhere and it was overwhelming Wolverine’s senses. He shook the smell away…

SNIKT!

The smell of blood wasn’t enough to overthrow all of his senses. Instantly a feral look overtook the mutant and it made Betsy want to move away from him. He sniffed the air, and then called out.

“I know you’re here, you bitch!” He continued to sniff and then followed a scent to the railing overhead where a cloaked figure appeared.

“No need to yell.” She leaped over the railing and landed in front of Forge.

“Bitch!” Ororo sneered trying to break away from Betsy who held firmly.
“No need for name calling either.” The figure through back her hood and her beauty spilled forth. Instantly, Ororo wondered how a woman as beautiful as she was could do something as terrible as this to someone she cared about.

Every rose has its thorn…

Logan’s adamantium laced claws itched to bury itself into the woman who seemed to be taunting them with her very existence.

He was patient.

He was intensely patient.

This was Storm’s fight, he reminded himself. She deserved to tear this bitch limb from limb.
The woman who had captured Forge watched them, observing. Especially the one with claws. He was like her, she decided. A killer.

Her attention returned to the white haired woman. “You must be Forge’s girl. Nice to meet you. Storm, right? He’s been screaming for you,” the woman lowered her voice.

“Begging for you to save him. I told him to give up because there was no way in hell that anyone would save him, come for him. And yet here you are…three mutants who want to save this piece of shit. Did you ever ask yourself what he did to deserve this?”

“I’ll make ya beg lady,” Logan growled.

Her eyes narrowed watching them.

“No one deserves that,” Betsy said her green eyes angry.

“Your right, no one deserves that,” the woman said almost as if she were sorry. But then she smiled and it didn’t quite reach her eyes. “But Forge deserved as good as he got. I’ll let you in on a secret, this man isn’t innocent. He created a weapon for the government to take away mutant powers. I was the first mutant test subject.”

Betsy could feel the change of temperature drop around them before she ever saw Storm’s eyes turn white.

“You must be the other man in this triangle,” Forge’s capture smiled. “He mentioned you too. Said you were the most dangerous mutant on earth.” She regarded Logan still smiling. “Somehow, I don’t believe him.”

“Enough!” Ororo screamed and launched herself with hurricane force winds knocking the assailant backwards.

“Take care of Forge,” she screamed to the others.
This bitch is mine, she thought as her hands grabbed for the other woman’s neck. She was so focused on hitting the other woman that she didn’t notice all the cuts and bruises that began to appear on her skin until it was entirely too late and she was nearly bleeding to death.

Collapsing under the weight of the pain, she watched through blurred vision as Psylocke summoned her psi blades and she and the other woman began fighting.

Betsy ducked as the other woman’s fist whirled by her nearly clipping her nose. She was quick, with almost blurring speed but Betsy was quicker. She maneuvered her psi blades precisely and she knew she had her, the other woman was going down.

Betsy’s opponent danced on her toes with the grace of a well trained boxer, almost military in the style she used, but in the end it wasn’t enough.

Before either knew it, the battle was over and Betsy had sliced her neck open to the bone
Betsy watched as life slipped from the woman’s eyes and she slumped to the ground. The glow of her psi blades died as she turned her attention to Ororo and went immediately to her aid.

“You look horrible, Ro.” Betsy smiled as she checked her friends face and noticed the cuts and bruises had receeded.

“Where’s Forge?” she asked as Betsy helped her to her feet.

“Logan took him back to the jet.”

Ororo paused. “Do you think what that woman said was true?”

“I don’t know Ro. What other reasons would she have had to come after him?” Betsy asked.

“I don’t know.”

Betsy shrugged and they made their way to the waiting jet.

X


Logan took his place up front. He had to put distance between himself and Storm and Forge. He couldn’t be that close to her now and still fight the feeling to claim her. He shook the thoughts away and smiled at Betsy as he took the co-pilot’s chair.

“What are you up to Wolverine?” Betsy asked looking at him before re-focusing on the controls.

He smiled. “Thinking about that date tomorrow night.”

She smiled. “Really? I was thinking that you were thinking about Storm.”

He almost choked. “You a telepath?”

She paused. “Yeah, but the look on your face says it all.”

He grunted and pulled out a cigar. “You mind?”

She shook her head no and continued to navigate. “If you care for her, then fight for her. Don’t use me to lessen the blow, Logan.”

Cigar smoke curled in the air as he contemplated her words and then sighed. “That obvious?”

She smiled. “To everyone but you two. I know she’s with Forge and she may even love him, but you two have been living together.”

“I know there’s a point, Bets.” Logan looked over almost annoyed that she wouldn’t just spit out whatever it was she was trying to say.

She quirked an eyebrow. “The point is. You two know each other. You know which buttons to push.”

“We’re friends.”

“Friends don’t sleep together, Logan.”

“Point.”

“Told you I had one.”

He smiled, something occurring to him. “I told Ro, you knew about us.”

She shrugged. “Emma pointed it out to me.”

It was his turn to raise an eyebrow. “Really?”

“Ororo’s good at keeping things inside while she’s sober, Logan. But a drunken Ororo is a whole different story.”

He groaned. “You’re telling me.”

She laughed at that. “So I suppose dinner is out now that you’ve realized that you really care about her?”

“She’s gonna marry Forge. I won’t stand in the way of her happiness. I did that with Jean.” He said honestly and

Betsy realized that she had never heard him speak of Jean. She could tell that it hurt him every time he spoke her name. It was like he inwardly winced.

“What if you could make her happy?”

It was his turn to quirk an eyebrow. “Are you serious?”

“Yes, Logan. Don’t tell me you haven’t thought about it all those months that ya’ll have been together?” Betsy glared at him before putting the jet on auto-pilot.

“Okay,” he through up his hands in surrender. “I’ve thought about it, but I get restless, Bets. Ro wouldn’t put up with that shit for long. I mean, I just took off for two weeks to chase down a false lead. Forge can give her things I can’t. Like stability for one.”

Betsy nodded at his words and thought before speaking again. “That’s all true. Somehow, I don’t think Forge is going to be around long enough to give her stability. I think that once he’s healed, Ororo’s going to find out if he did what that crazy ass woman said he did. If he did, she’ll fry his ass on the spot.”

“And what do I do, swoop in to pick up the pieces and play rebound guy. Hell no,” he growled glancing towards the back of the jet hoping to catch sight of the white hair beauty but with no luck.

Betsy shrugged leaning back and propping her feet up. “Okay, so what’s your grand plan?”

“It’s simple,” Logan said. “I’m leaving. I can’t be around her and not be with her.”
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=2768