After the Storm Front by Angiekins
Summary: This fic takes place after the Storm Front episodes, where Storm almost married Arkon. Almost loosing Storm made Wolverine realize what he almost lost.
Categories: NC-17 Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Violence, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 10602 Read: 20377 Published: 05-09-09 Updated: 11-03-21

1. Friendship by Angiekins

2. Moving to quick by Angiekins

3. Realization by Angiekins

4. Sick and Wounded by Angiekins

5. Confusion by Angiekins

6. Awkward Stances by Angiekins

7. The Blame Game by Angiekins

8. Logan's a man; Cyke's an ass by Angiekins

9. Chapter 9: New Roles by Angiekins

Friendship by Angiekins
“I feel so bad for Storm; maybe I should go talk to her.” Jubilee said as she stared up at the balcony from the mansion yard. It was just hours ago that they had left Palemicus, the planet Arkon ruled and had asked Storm to rule with him. To everybody’s surprise she had said yes, but they all gave their blessing to her, all except Wolverine who seemed more furious then usual at her sudden engagement. Within days Arkon had imprisoned the X-men and planned on killing them while treating the people of that planet like slaves, and fooling Storm. When they broke out of prison, Wolverine and Beast explained to Storm Arkon’s true nature. Furious, Storm almost destroyed the planet and cancelled their engagement. She had seemed happy to Jubilee, which is why it hurt her even more to see Storm so sad now.

“No kid, she needs to figure this out on her.” Wolverine replied, not taking his eyes off Storm. She wasn’t facing them, but Wolverine knew she was crying, by the smell of saline in the air. It hurt him to see her suffering; she was a good friend and didn’t deserve this.

“I’m going to bed then, goodnight Wolverine.”

“’Night kid.”

Once Jubilee was in the mansion, Wolverine headed up to Storm’s room. He knocked but did not wait for her to open the door. He went in and she was still standing at the balcony, facing the night sky and crying. She was in her nightdress and a silk robe, which blew passed her legs as a warm summer’s breeze blew and it started to drizzle. He realized she did not know he was there. He silently closed the bedroom door and walked towards her.

“How are ya Storm?” he asked as he walked up to her and put his arm on her shoulder gently.
She tried to wipe the tears away before turning to him. “I am such a fool Logan. You tried to warn me, but I did not listen…” Her voice trailed off as she tried to fight back the tears.

Wolverine grabbed her and hugged her tight. Her head buried in his shoulders as she cried. He looked up at the sky and it started to pour, just like the sparkling blue eyes of his beloved friend. “Trust me Storm, you ain’t no fool, and I wasn’t tryin’ to warn ya…I…I just wanted you not to go. I was bein’ selfish ‘Ro and I’m sorry.”

The rain was pelting down harder now, quickly soaking Storm’s nightdress, making it stick to her body. Her nipples showed, and he noticed, but tried not to. He didn’t care how wet he got, Storm was his main focus. She was the one friend who never got angry with him or feared him. She got him, it was that simple. Just her presence comforted him, the others didn’t. He owed her the comfort she always gave him.
Storm looked up at Logan. He was looking at her, heartbroken. She knew he really felt her pain at that moment.

“I am sorry too Logan. You are a good friend, and you know how hard being lonely is…but I guess some of us were meant to be alone. You are not selfish for not wanting to let go of a friend. I know I would not want to either.” She said as she put her palm to the side of his face, and then hugged him tight again, not letting him go.

“You don’t deserve to be alone.” He picked her up and started to carry her back into the room. “Let’s get you out of these clothes before you get sick.” The rain and wind started to let up as he carried into the room.
Moving to quick by Angiekins
He let her down in the middle of the room and pushed her soaked robe to the floor. She was still upset, but the tears were not coming now. He couldn’t stand it when she cried, not that Storm had the chance to shed true emotions much.

“I’ll take care of ya” he said with his arms on her shoulders. Her hair was soaking wet and stuck to her body. He grabbed her hair on both sides and gently placed it behind her head before pushing both thin straps of her soaked blue night dress to the sides, letting the nightdress fall to the floor with a thud.
There she was, standing in front of him completely naked, mocha skin glistening from the rain still on her. He glanced down at her breasts while she just looked up at him with those big blue eyes, turning red from her crying. He was aroused, and felt ashamed by it. This was not the time to think like that, he was there simply to help his dear friend.

“Let me get you a dry nightdress” he said while trying to clear his throat. He turned quickly away and walked towards her dresser. He feared he would not be able to help himself if he stayed much longer.

“Logan…” she called softly, so soft he could barely hear it.

He turned from her dresser draw where he was rummaging for a nightdress. She walked over to him, still completely naked and placed her hand on his shoulder. “Yeah darlin’.” He said, taken aback by her beautiful body, trying to look at her eyes and not her body, but it was a loosing battle.

She stared straight into his eyes while grabbing his hand and placing it on her bare breast, nipples aroused and tender. His other hand was holding her arm. He stroked her breast, wanting to resist but could not. She looked down, then back up to him, staring him straight in the eyes “Do I not excite you Logan?”
He grabbed her breast and squeezed it, then pressed her mouth to his and kissed her passionately. He put both hands on the side of her face before releasing the kiss.

“You don’t know what you’re getting’ yourself into darlin’.” He dropped his arms and turned away trying to focus on her dresser, before she did something she might regret.

“That was the reaction I was afraid of,” Her eyes starting to well with tears as she turned and walked towards the bed.

Logan grabbed her arm and spun her around. “You don’t know what you’re talkin’ about darlin’. You’re the most beautiful thing I have ever laid eyes on.” He placed both hands on her cheeks, using his calloused thumbs to wipe away the tears. He didn’t know why he just said what he said, but it was true. He bottled it up; afraid of loosing the friendship he treasured so much.

“Make love to me Logan.” She kissed him softly before pulling back and pushing his jacket off.

“Are you sure about this?” he whispered after a brief pause, gently caressing her arms. “You don’t want this Storm, you’re hurt and upset. I don’t want to ruin anything between us.”

She grabbed his face and kissed him passionately, pulling him to her bed as she did so. She placed her tongue in his mouth and swirled it as she lowered herself onto the bed. He was grabbing at her breast while she stroked the center of his bulging jeans.

“I do want this Logan.” She said in a determined voice as she tore his shirt, sending buttons flying in both directions. She caressed his chest and twirled her fingers in his curly, black chest hair, kissing him as she did so. He couldn’t control himself any longer.

Logan growled as he removed the rest of his shirt, shifting her further up the bed. He kissed her frantically on the mouth before retreating to her breasts. He flicked her nipples with his tongue as she dug her fingers in his hair, moaning his name.

He lowered his head further, and forced his tongue into her sucking at her juices, making her cry louder. He placed two fingers into her slowly massaging her, watching her body respond to him. She moaned loudly and cried his name as she climaxed. He couldn’t hold on anymore.

He pulled at his belt and unbuttoned his jeans as fast as he could. Storm pulled his pants to his ankles before coming up to claim another kiss from him. He forced his mouth unto hers as hard as possible, literally taking her breath away.

He pushed her back down on the bed and forced himself into her. She screamed in pain.

“Nooooo” he growled as he felt her rip, but could not stop himself from continuing to thrust in and out. He was too excited. He could smell the blood trickling down her legs, but was unable to control himself. He thrusted harder and harder.

She grabbed his shoulders in pain, but did not want him to stop.

“Pleeeeaase Logan, do not stop.”

He thrusted himself deep into her and emptied his seed in her womb. He was panting heavily and sweat dripped from his forehead onto her breast. He could see the unshed tears in her eyes. He stroked her face gently and kissed her lips.

“Why didn’t ya tell me? I would have gone more gently darlin’.”

“I was afraid you would not have wanted me if you knew I was a virgin Logan.”

“There’s nothing to stop me from wanting you, but I never wanted to hurt you.”

“You did not Logan.” She said stroking his cheek and leaned up to kiss his forehead. He had never felt so close and loved by someone as he did at that moment.

He looked down and could see the blood starting to soak the sheets. He got up and went to the bathroom. She heard the water turn on before his naked form came into the doorway again. He walked over to her and kissed her before picking her up.

“What are you doing Logan?” she asked as she put her arms around his neck.

“You need to soak in a bath, I don’t wanna see you hurtin’ in the mornin’ Ro.” He placed her gently into the bathtub and waited until the water rose before turning it off.

“Logan, you do not have to do this.”

“Shhhh.” He said as he placed his finger over his mouth. He grabbed the shampoo bottle and worked it into her silky white tresses. He grabbed a washcloth and rang it over her hair to rinse out the top of her head. He moved behind her and started to massage her shoulders.

“Oooooh, Logan. You are even more gentle then I realized.”

“Don’t let the others know that” he said with a smile.

When he was done massaging her he released the bathtub drain and lifted her out of the tub. He reached over to a shelf on the wall and grabbed a towel to start drying her off. He was kneeling down by her feet when she placed her hand on his head.

“Logan, you are too good to me, I do not deserve this.” She smiled and then kneeled down in front of him to kiss him.

“No, you deserve much better then what you’ve gotten Storm.”

They stood up together and he placed the towel around her. She just looked at him, unable to speak, not knowing her friend, the feral Wolverine, could be so loving towards her.

He picked her up and placed her gently in her bed, pulling the covers over her before lying next to her. He put his arms around her and held her close until they fell asleep together.
Realization by Angiekins
Chapter 3
Storm didn’t wake up until late the next afternoon. Although Wolverine had woken up early he stayed in bed, holding her. He didn’t want her to wake up and think he had abandoned her or used her.

Storm was slowly coming out of her sleep. She felt oddly at peace, and then realized she was not alone in her bed.

“Logan?” she asked as she rolled over to look at him.

“Yeah darlin’?” he said leaning on his side, staring at the beautiful woman he was lucky to be with.

“Last night was not a dream, was it?”

“No.” he said, feeling disappointed. He knew she would regret what they had done, but he couldn’t control himself. She could read his thoughts from his facial expressions.

“I am happy then Logan. It was much better then a dream.” She leaned up and kissed him, then snuggled close to his chest.

“I’m glad to hear you say that ‘Ro. How are ya feelin’?”
“Wonderful Logan.” She reached down and stroked his erect manhood while kissing his chest.

He rolled on top of her, kissing her. His kiss was hard and demanding. He pulled her arms up and held them above her head with one hand. He used his free hand to help himself enter her, slower and more carefully this time.

“I told ya you didn’t know what you were getting’ yourself into” he said as he steadily increased his pace, making sure not to cause her pain this time. He released her hands and she placed them on his shoulders. She started moaning louder and louder, driving him deeper into her.

He climaxed and emptied himself into her before rolling off. They lay on the bed for several minutes catching their breath before Wolverine stood up.

“Where are you going Logan?”

“To get you something to eat” he said as he pulled his pants on.

“I am fine Logan.”

“No Ro, you didn’t eat yesterday, and it’s already almost four. You have to eat something.” He turned and walked out the bedroom door, closing it behind him.

Walking down the stairs he ran into Jubilee going back up to her room.

“Hey Wolverine, how’s Storm? I’m gonna go talk to her.” She said trying to run past him.

“No kid, she’s fine but needs some time alone.” He said while grabbing her arm to stop her. He was sure Storm wouldn’t mind the company, but thought she may not have been dressed, and the evidence of them being together was still all over her room.

“Alright then, if you say so.” Jubilee sighed and then continue going up the stairs.

When Wolverine entered the kitchen Jean had already made dinner. Scott and the professor were in there as well.

“We’ll I’m glad to see you grace us with your presence Wolverine.” Scott chimed. “Where have you been all day?”

Wolverine stuck out his middle claw in reply, then walked over to the turkey on the oven and carved a piece for Ororo. Scott gave him a dirty look, which the professor noticed.

“Have you heard from Storm, Logan? She is usually up quite early, but after the events that have taken place over the last few days I am concerned for her well being?” The professor asked, with honest concern in his voice.

“She’s fine Chuck, just needs a little time to heal.” He said finishing making the plate in his hand. “I’m going up to give her some food now, see if she’ll eat.”

“You’ve been keeping her company?” Scott said sarcastically.

“You gotta problem with that, four eyes?” Wolverine said as he ejected his claws again.

“Scott, Logan please!” Jean said getting in between the two of them. “I’m sure Logan is just trying to be helpful. Bringing her food is a good idea Logan… Please Logan, tell Storm if she needs anything, we are here for her.” She said as she lowered her arms.
“Yes Logan, and if she needs help, please tell me at once.” Charles asked. “We know her goddess issues run deep, I do not want…”

“Yeah, got it Chuck.” Logan interrupted. “I think she needs time for herself for once, not the X-men.” He said as he walked away and back up the stairs.

“I don’t like him alone with Storm, we know he’s not capable of real emotion! He could make Storm worse!” Scott said rather angrily. “Jean, go up and talk with her.” He demanded while pointing towards the stairs.

“Please Scott, Logan may be a lot of things, but I sense true concern from him.”

“As do I” Jean said, holding Scott’s arm.

“He knows of the pain Storm is going through, and he can help her, interrupting will just add stress. Your concern is noted Scott, but we must not interfere at this time.” Charles said as he left the room.

“No, but it’s always okay for Logan to interfere…” Scott whispered angrily to himself, yet he knew the professor probably heard him.
Sick and Wounded by Angiekins
Chapter 4

Over the next few weeks Storm returned to her normal ways. If Wolverine did not come to her room, she would go to his to sleep. She told him she did not like feeling alone still, and he didn’t mind. They did not think it was wise to let the others know of their arrangement, mostly Logan didn’t want to listen to the psycho-analytical crap that Jean and the Professor would say to him or the big-brother macho crap from Scott.

Storm, Logan, Gambit, Rogue and Jubilee just got done with a session in the danger room. Storm was leaning on the metallic wall holding her head, a dizzy spell coming over her again.

“You look like hell doll.” Rogue said flying over to her. “I thought Jean was helping you with that?”

“I am fine Rogue, thank you.” Storm said, still holding her head.

“You mus’ not been sleepin’ well, hey Chere? You come out with Gambit and I cheer you up, no?”

“Back off Gumbo, she said she’s fine!” Wolverine said extracting his claws.

“Obviously Wolverine’s senses not as good as they say, huh.” Gambit said shuffling a deck of cards in his
hand.

“Alright boys, that’s enough.” Rogue said grabbing Storm’s arm. “I’ll take care of ya’ Storm, come on Suga.” She said leading Storm out of the danger room and up towards her room.

Once they got to Storm’s room, Rogue sat her down on her bed.

“Why don’t you tell me what’s going on Storm, you’ve been actin’ strange doll, and you won’t let Jean or Hank take a real good look at ya?”

“I am fine, really Rogue. It is not physical, but mental. I must deal with this on my own. You are a good friend Rogue, but do not worry about me.”

“Well alright, but if it keeps up much longer, promise me you’ll at least let the Professor help ya’ out, he has before.”

“I do not think I will need it, but I promise.” Storm said patting Rogue’s arm. Rogue then got up and left her room.

Wolverine waited until Rogue left her room before going in. Storm was in the bathroom splashing cold water on her face. He knew Storm wasn’t fine, he could sense it, but didn’t know what it was. He knew if it was really serious, Storm would ask for help.

“Storm, how are…” He was interrupted by an attack alarm. They ran into the hall and down towards the conference room with the rest of the X-men. The professor was waiting for them.

“I have just gotten word that a facility containing mutant registration files has been broken into. I fear it may be the friends of humanity. You must leave immediately and stop them before those files fall into the wrong hands.” The Professor said urgently.

“We’re on it Professor.” Scott said as they all started running towards the Blackbird. Wolverine grabbed Storm’s hand before she got on.

“I don’t think you should go.”

“Logan please, do not start acting like the others, I am fine.” She stared at him intensely. He let go of her arm.

“Alright” They boarded the jet and buckled in as it was taking off.

“Why you think Friends of Humanity want mutant files?” Gambit said to no one in general.

“Probably to start attacking mutants, or find out ways to attack them” Scott said while maneuvering the jet.

“I thought the government stopped collecting those files, why were they not destroyed?” Storm asked.

“My hypothesis is that the government has moved the project underground, unofficially allowing it to go on, that is the only clear reason why the files are still kept, no doubt, where the public would not think to look.” Beast chimed in.

“Get ready, we’re here.” Scott said, lowering the jet between trees, where the suspected Friends of Humanity would not see them. He lowered the ramp for them to exit.

“It’s definitely them, I can smell ‘um.” Wolverine said, pointing towards his nose.

“Remember, we’re here to stop them, not kill them.” Scott said, looking at Wolverine.

They ran towards the warehouse, there were at least twenty vans surrounding it, dozens of people running in and out with boxes of files in their hands to load onto the vans.

“Storm provide cover, Gambit and Jubilee, destroy the files. Rogue, Wolverine, Beast and I will stop the Friends of Humanity.” Cyclops commanded.

Storm shook her head and flew above them. Her eyes turned white and fog was suddenly surrounding the area. The rest ran to ambush the Friends of Humanity.
Rogue flew by two men and grabbed them by their jackets, smashing their heads together to lay them unconscious. Wolverine grabbed a driver and through him into another man, while Gambit through a card into the van, waiting for it to explode. Rogue grabbed the van and threw it into the woods, so the explosion would not seriously injure anyone.

“One down, nineteen more to go” Jubilee said excitedly.

“Get down kid!” Wolverine grabbed her and threw her to the ground, covering her. A bullet flew by his ear.

“Oh my” Beast exclaimed.

“No more mister nice guy.” Rogue said as she flew by, grabbed the man’s gun and bent it, then hitting him with it, knocking him unconscious. By this time everyone was aware of the X-men’s presence and became armed and ready to fight.

“Gambit like a little excitement” he said as he threw a glowing card into another man’s van, smiling. The man jumped out of the van and ran just as it exploded.

Jubilee then heard one van trying to start; she snuck around back and towards the driver’s side. “You’re not going anywhere mister!” She then blasted him with her fireworks, temporarily blinding him. Beast then came and threw the man from the van, growling as he did so.

By this time there main concern was destroying the files, there were too many people to fend off, and the situation was getting out of control, quickly. The men started shooting at them while trying to hop into the remaining vans. Storm used an arctic blast of ice to seal off the building, as well as the walkway. This sent the men slipping and sliding, rendering them unable to get to the vans or get a clear shot.

One van tried to drive off, and Cyclops blasted the back tires, sending them screeching into a tree.

“Shoot that weather witch down!” An apparent leader of the FOH shouted, pointing towards Storm, still blasting the walkways with ice.

“Rrrrrrgh, Noooo!” Wolverine’s claws ejected and he jumped on the man, kicking him to the ground and his claws ripped into the man’s arms, pinning him to the ground. The man screamed in agony.

“Logan, look out!” Storm screamed while a man attempted to shoot at Wolverine. Wolverine flipped around and threw the leader up and into the bullet.
The shooter then shot an angry look at Storm and shot at her. She sent a bolt of lightening towards him before the blackness overtook her.
Confusion by Angiekins
Chapter 5

Logan looked and saw Storm falling towards the Earth. He started running towards her, afraid he wouldn’t get there in time.

Gambit jumped up and caught her before she hit the ground. He laid her down and inspected her, but didn’t see any evidence of bullet wounds.

“Wake up Stormy. Gambit is here now” he said shaking her.

“Move over, Gumbo” Wolverine said, pushing him out of the way and grabbing her.

“We need to get her to the Med-lab, Wolverine. Don’t fight Gambit on this one.” He pulled a card from his jacket as a warning.

“Where da ya’ think I’m going?” He said, panting as he ran towards the Blackbird, Gambit and Jubilee following him.

“Look out, lil’ one!” Gambit threw Jubilee to the ground as another bullet buzzed passed them. He grabbed a card out and threw it towards the shooter.

“Thanks Gambit.”

He helped her up and they kept running towards the Blackbird.

Beast was destroying the tires to the vans while Rogue was just destroying the vans. Cyclops was aiming at the vans getting away. In total two vans drove off, with soldiers hanging on them for dear life. A few ran into the woods, shooting aimlessly back at the warehouse as they ran.

“Where are the others?” Beast asked looking around.
“I don’t know, but we have to destroy the rest of those files!” Cyclops said as he faced the warehouse and aimed for it.

On the jet Wolverine was placing Storm on a gurney.
“What happened to her? Gambit don’t understand.”
“I don’t know Gumbo, but we gotta get back quick!”
Storm suddenly jerked up quickly and let out a horrifying scream. She gripped onto Gambit’s jacket while trying to face the pain overcoming her. The clouds started turning black and a storm was approaching.

Blood started soaking between her legs.

“Hang on chere” Gambit said cradling Storm’s face in his jacket, a puzzled and horrifying look on his face as he looked from Storm to Wolverine. “Gambit didn’t see no bullet wound over there, what’s goin’ on?”

“I don’t know Gumbo.” Wolverine started to panic and grabbed the extra com on the jet to get in touch with Cyclops. “Cyke, get back to the jet now, Storm’s hurt, we gotta go!” They heard an explosion, it was the warehouse. Rogue flew Cyclops and Beast back to the jet within seconds.

“What happened?” Cyclops asked and then just stop to stare at Storm, Gambit and Wolverine.

Storm let out a muffled scream before letting go of Gambit’s jacket and blacking out again. The skies turned clear again.

“Storm, wake-up! Help her!” Gambit yelled to Beast.

“Cyclops it is imperative that we leave now” Beast said as he moved quickly towards Ororo. Cyclops shook his head and Rogue took the co-pilot seat.

“Is she gonna…”Jubilee trailed off, tears started to come down her face.

“You don’t worry, Storm is strong, she gonna be okay” Gambit said while stroking Storm’s hair, staring at Jubilee.

The jet took off and Cyclops informed Jean and the Professor to have the Med-lab ready for when they landed. Wolverine was holding Storm’s hand.

“I know you are all concerned, but please, I need space to assess her.” Beast said staring from Wolverine to Gambit. Gambit sat next to Jubilee, staring at Storm. Wolverine sat in a seat across from them, staring at Hank.

Beast had a concerned look on his face. “Her blood pressure has dropped drastically.” He said facing Wolverine.

“What does that mean Hank?”

“We must elevate it quickly…” the jet shook as they landed. Jean and the Professor were waiting at the hanger for their arrival. Cyclops lowered the jet ramp and Beast and Wolverine rolled the gurney off the jet.
Beast took the gurney and he and Jean rushed her to the Med-lab, Wolverine tried to go with them, but the Professor blocked him off.

“I’m sorry Logan, but we can work most efficiently without a full room.” He looked from Logan to the rest of the X-men “When she has stabilized, you can see her.” He quickly exited the room, leaving no time for a rebuttal.


The doors to the Med-lab hissed as Charles entered. “Hank, how is she? What has happened?”

“She has lost a good amount of blood, but we have a done a transfusion, and she is starting to stabilize.”

“How was she wounded?” Charles asked, looking from Storm to Beast.

“Oh…my…” Jean said shocked as she looked at the blood workup.

“What is it Jean?” Charles demanded.

Beast looked at the paper, then to Charles “She…was not wounded Professor.”

“What do you mean?”

“Ororo is pregnant” Beast gulped.

“What! How did this happen? Is the baby alright?”

“One baby is; she lost the other.” Jean said, her eyes starting to tear.

Professor Xavier turned from Jean to Beast “Hank, how far along is she?”

“About eight weeks, Professor.”

“Did she loose the baby from a genetic defect?” the Professor asked, concerned.

“I don’t know Professor, it could also be from Stress or from the attack. We’ll need to run more tests to determine the cause.”

“Why do you think it was genetic Professor?” Jean asked.

“Arkon was not from this planet, we do not know how his DNA would match up.”

“Arkon professor? I know she accepted his proposal early, but you think Ororo would move so quickly that way?” Beast asked, trying to defend Ororo’s hasty decision.

“Hank, the timing does match.” Jean exclaimed.

“We do not tell the others, not until Storm knows and makes a decision” the Professor commanded. “She may loose the other one, keep a close eye on her Hank and tell me when she wakes up.” The doors hissed as he left the Med-lab.
Awkward Stances by Angiekins
Chapter 6


Wolverine and the others were waiting in the hall in front of the med-lab when the Professor exited.

“How is she Professor?” Jubilee asked.

“She has started to stabilize, but she is not out of the clear yet.”

“Can we see her?” Jubilee asked.

“What happened Professor?” Rogue asked.

“I am not at liberty to discuss that right now, we must wait until Storm wakes up before we can know anything else.”

“Somethin’ ain’t right here…”Wolverine growled as he looked at the Professor.

“When I can tell you more, I will. You can see her, but please do not take too long, she has not woken up yet.” Charles left and headed towards the elevator. Scott followed him.

“Professor, Storm wasn’t shot.”

“No, she wasn’t Scott.” He said as he hit the button to the elevator.

“Where was the blood coming from then?”

“Scott, I have already told you, I cannot say at this moment.” The elevator doors opened and the Professor headed towards his office. Scott stayed in the elevator, waiting for it to go back down.


Gambit, Rogue and Jubilee visited Storm for a few minutes, before Jean asked them to leave.

“I don’t get why they can’t tell us?” Jubilee said puzzled as the doors to the med-lab opened.

“Trust me chere, Stormy tell us everythin’ when she’s ready…” Gambit replied.

Wolverine was staring in the med-lab, but waited for the others to leave before entering.

“What’s goin’ on?” He demanded as he walked in.

Hank and Jean looked up at him from Storm’s chart. “I do not know everything yet, Logan” Hank replied.

Wolverine sat down next to Storm and took her hand “You know more then you’re sayin’.”

“Please Wolverine…”Hank put his hand up to silence him, but Storm started to wake. She blinked several times before realizing where she was.

Jean telepathically told the Professor Storm was awake.

“Why am I here?” she asked while trying to sit up and become more comfortable. She placed her hand on her stomach as a pain shot through and reminded her. She gripped Logan’s hand.

“What’s the matter?” Wolverine jumped up and placed his other hand on her back, rubbing it lightly.

“I am okay now,” she sighed as she breathed heavy waiting for the pain to subside.

“Logan, we need to talk with Storm privately, you can come back in a few minutes.”

“I ain’t goin’ anywhere Jean!”

“I am sorry, but Storm is a patient with privacy rights, which I do not want to violate.” Hank said.

“Please Hank, Jean. I do not mind if Logan is present. You are all my family, I have no secrets with you.”
Storm pleaded. Hank and Jean just looked at each other, then back to Storm.

“Storm, you are sure you’re okay with him being here?” Jean cautiously asked.

“You deaf Jean? She said she ain’t got a problem.” Wolverine snapped at her.

“Storm, when were you with Arkon?” Hank asked, sitting down to hold Storm’s hand.

“I do not understand, the same time you were with him Hank?”

“Ororo, my dear friend, I mean intimately. I would not ask such a personal question if it was not important.”

“I was never intimate…we shared a kiss, but…have I contracted an illness?”

“Storm, we know you were intimate.” Jean piped in.

Storm just looked at them confused. Logan was still holding her hand.

“Ororo, you conceived during your time their. You are approximately eight weeks into your pregnancy.” Hank rubbed her other hand soothingly.

“I…am pregnant?” Storm asked, just staring at Hank.

“Yes Ororo, you are with child, which is why I need to know when you were with Arkon, to know your true conception date, and for genetic testing.”

“I..was not…” she did not know how to tell them.

“She wasn’t with him!” Wolverine yelled, holding Ororo and unleashing a claw towards Hank.

“Logan, she is pregnant, you must understand…” Hank tried to convince him.

“She was with me!” he yelled.

Their mouths dropped as the Professor entered the room.
The Blame Game by Angiekins
Chapter 7


“Hank, what is going on here?” The Professor demanded.

“Well to let the proverbial cat out of the bag, Logan is the father.” Hank said, pointing towards Wolverine.

The professor just stared at Logan for a long moment. “Storm, is this true?”

“Yes Charles.”

“Wolverine, I would like to see you outside for a moment.” The Professor said as he exited the med-lab.

“I’ll be right back.” Wolverine kissed Storm’s forehead before leaving. Beast and Jean just stared at Storm, processing what just occurred.

“Whadda ya’ want Chuck?” Wolverine asked, leaning against the wall with his arms folded.

“I asked you to take care of Storm, help her. Not take advantage of her!” He slammed his fist onto his chair.

“I never took advantage of her or made her do anything she didn’t want!” He pointed back at the
Professor. “She wanted it just as much as me! We needed each other.”

“You pick remarkable timing for need Wolverine.”

“What’s going on here?” Scott said, running towards the Professor.

“Nothin’ four-eyes, mind yer own business!”

The med-lab doors hissed behind him. Ororo was standing in a hospital gown and barefoot. Jean and Beast were behind her. “Charles, is everything okay?”

“Fine Storm, you shouldn’t be up. Jean take her back inside.”

Jean shook her head and grabbed Storm’s arm.

Logan turned to go back inside with her.

“Logan, I am not done speaking with you.” Charles commanded.

“Well I ain’t interested in yer lil’ speech right now Professor.”

“Logan.” Storm whispered putting her hand on his arm. “Charles, please understand I am capable of making my own decisions. Logan has done nothing wrong; we are both equally responsible for this. Professor, please…give us your blessing. This is not something to be angry about.”

“Of course you can have my blessing Storm.” Charles sighed. “Please rest, you are still in danger of loosing the other one.”

“Other one?” Wolverine questioned, dropping his hands to his sides and clenching his fists.

“Hank, Jean…you did not tell them?”

“What happened to Storm?” Scott asked shaking his arms, getting frustrated in not having his questions answered.

Everyone looked at Cyclops.

“Not now Cyke!” Wolverine looked back towards the Professor, “What did you mean by ‘other one’?”

Charles opened his mouth, but did not respond.

“Storm, there were twins, but I’m afraid you lost one during your mission. It is better if you did not participate in missions for the remainder of your pregnancy.” Hank rubbed Storm’s arm, “I am so sorry Ororo.”

Storm put her face in her palms and turned to walk back into the med-lab. She was sobbing softly. Hank accompanied her.

“Storm’s pregnant! Is this your doing Logan?” Cyclops yelled, a red light forming around his glasses in anger.

“I’m the father, if that’s what you mean by doin’?” He growled.

“I knew you had an ulterior motive!” He pointed towards Wolverine “It’s always about yourself, isn’t it Logan!” He looked towards the Professor, “I knew we shouldn’t have trusted him!”

“You don’t know what you’re talkin’ about ‘bub!” Wolverine’s claws came out and he pointed them towards Cyclops’ chest. “I’d watch my mouth unless you wanna become dog food!”

“Scott, Logan! Now is not the time for this!” The Professor moved between them.

Wolverine walked towards the med-lab doors “Storm needs me…” he glanced towards the Professor as he retracted his claws.

“Why are you letting him get away with this!”

“Scott, Logan needs time process all of this, just like Storm and the rest of us do.”

“Please Scott, I know you’re being protective of Storm, but we need to be there for her.” Jean pleaded. “Arguing with Logan will just add stress to her.”

“Jean is right Scott. Storm has a high chance of miscarriage for the rest of the first trimester. We must be supportive. We are her family.”

“Of course I’ll support Storm, but…”Cyclops sighed.

“We need to support Logan too. “ Jean whispered. She grabbed Scott’s arm. “Let’s go to bed, we all need some rest.”

Charles sighed as he watched Jean take Scott towards the elevator. The doors hissed and he entered the med-lab.

Logan was holding Ororo while she sobbed. Logan had a tear going down his cheek, but wiped it away quickly. He was unaware the Professor had entered.
“Be strong, Storm.” He said holding her. “We still have one baby to be concerned about, we should be happy about that.”

“Of course, you are right, I just…” she started to cry again and tried to stop the sobs.

“Ororo, I think it is best to give you a mild sedative” Beast said, tapping a needle while holding it up to the light. “Emotional and physical stress is not in your best interest right now.” He put the needle into her arm, and then eased her head onto the pillow.

“I would offer you one Logan, but your healing powers would render it useless within minutes.”

“I’m fine Hank…” He held Storm’s hand and stared at her.

“Logan, I may not be much for company, but I am a good listener, if you wish to talk about anything or have concerns or questions.”

“Thanks, but not now.” He still didn’t remove his eyes from Storm.

“Goodnight Logan.” Beast got up and headed towards the door. He stopped to speak to the Professor, still in front of the doors, whispering. “I believe you may have overreacted back there Professor, I do not think he would do anything to harm her physically or emotionally.”

“I’m afraid you’re right Hank. Due to this unexpected news, I may have overreacted. I owe Logan an apology.”

“It is only natural, seeing as how you are a fatherly figure towards her and good friend, you want what’s best for her… as do I. Ororo is strong and very capable of making sound judgments, even in the worst of situations. Logan may be feral and strong-willed, but you and I both know he is human, and has a soft side. His animal-like nature will most likely make him very protective of her; we have nothing to worry about Charles.”

“No, we don’t; but I fear for those that attempt to come between them…”

_________________________________________
“Scott, are you okay?” Jean said kneeling on their bed in a pink knee-length nightgown.

He sighed as he stared out the window towards the tree shadows dancing on the front lawn.

“I can sense your concern for Storm, but she’s strong, like you; we will help her get through this.”

“I know Storm’s strong!” He said tensely “…but Wolverine…well…he’s Wolverine! He never stays in one place long enough to have real relationships. When he gets bored he just up and goes. What good is that to Storm, or her baby?”

“Scott, you’ll see, I sense true feelings from him. He will be there for her.”

The sound of a motorcycle interrupted them. The front gates were opening up. Scott looked from the window back to Jean.

“Yeah, well Wolverine just left the building.”
Logan's a man; Cyke's an ass by Angiekins
Chapter 8


Beast woke up early to check on Storm. She was still sleeping and, much to Beast’s surprise was alone. “For sure I thought Logan would have stayed with her?” he said aloud to himself. He checked her blood pressure and heart-rate on the monitor before wheeling an ultrasound machine towards the bed.


Storm blinked several times before sitting up.


“I am sorry if I disturbed you Ororo.” He said plugging the machine in.


“No Beast, I’m actually feeling quite rested.” She glanced at him before turning to the empty chair on the other side of her bed.


“He must have stepped out for a moment.” He said, answering her question for her before she asked it.
“I am not concerned for Logan right now.” She tried to shrug his absence off. “How is my child Beast?”


“Ah, I was just about to find out. I am going to give you your first ultrasound today. Would you like to wait for Logan to return?”


“He ain’t here!” Cyclops moved towards the bed, Jean was behind him. “He left last night; no one knows where he went.”


“Scott! Please.” Jean turned to Storm. “Storm , don’t worry…” Jean held her hand. “I’m sure he’ll be back soon.”


“I am fine, thank you.” She tried to ignore the pain she felt. She turned to Beast. “I am very anxious to see how
my child is doing Beast.”


“Of course Ororo.” Beast started hooking the wires together and turned the machine on.


“We’ll wait outside for you Storm.” Jean turned to leave.


“No, you are free to stay if you like?”


“We don’t want to intrude Storm, this is very private.”


“Jean, you are like my sister. I want to share this with all of you.”


“Thank you Storm.” Jean looked as giddy as a child at Christmas. “You know me too well.”


Storm just smiled.


“Ready Ororo? You will have to lift gown up above your naval, but can keep the sheet at your waist.”


“Of course Beast.” Storm went to grab the bottom of her gown from beneath the sheet.


“I’ll wait outside, this is a personal girl thing.” Scott lifted up his hands as he backed away towards the med-lab door.


Jean smiled. “He is still shy about some things.”


Storm nodded. She lifted her gown up to show her abdomen and Beast squirted some gel on her. Storm flinched.


“I forgot to warn you that it is cold.” He maneuvered the apparatus until a fast-paced dot appeared on the screen. He pointed towards it. “That is your baby, Ororo. Magnificent, simply magnificent.” He whispered to himself.


“Beast, it is beautiful.” Her eyes started to tear. She moved her finger to stroke the image on the screen. “Is…it alright?”


“It seems to be perfectly healthy Ororo.” Beast let out a laugh, then smiled. “You are quite lucky. There’s seems to be no remnants of the other baby or pieces of placenta left behind. Your partial miscarriage seems not to have had an effect on your remaining, and very healthy, child Ororo.”


“Oh, thank goodness.” Jean squealed. “I am so excited…Storm, are you okay?”


Storm had an upset look on her face. “Why did I loose the other one Hank? Perhaps if I was more observant…”


“There was nothing you could do.” Beast put down the ultrasound and grabbed her hand. “Partial miscarriages happen all the time my dear friend. Many women do not even know they had twins or know they had a miscarriage at times. Your chance of miscarriage is still high until the tenth week, so be careful until then. Trust me, there would have been nothing you could do, even if you knew you were pregnant.”


Storm shook her head in understanding. “I will be more careful. I do not want to jeopardize my pregnancy anymore then I have.”


“Also, I want you to limit your exercise and use of your powers, for the sake of the child.”


“Beast…You know Storm must be in full control, she just can’t ignore her powers!” Jean exclaimed.


“I do not mean ignore.” Beast held out his hand. “I mean, do not fly, command lightening… do as little as possible. Mutant pregnancy and the effects of their powers have not been documented well, and I do not want to take any unnecessary chances.” He glanced back at Storm “It is just precautionary Storm.”


“I understand.” She pointed back towards the ultrasound. “Can you make a tape for Logan?”


“Of course.” He inserted a tape into the machine and put the apparatus back on her stomach. They all heard and saw the rapid beating on the screen again.


The med-lab doors opened and Jubilee came running up, her yellow jacket waving behind her knees. “What’s goin’ on Storm? How are ya…” she stopped short and her mouth dropped. She pointed towards the ultrasound screen.


“Jubilee, it is not polite to barge into a medical room like that.” Jean scolded.


“It is okay Jean. I am fine Jubilee. Thank you for coming to see me.”


“You’re…you’re…”


“I believe pregnant is the word you’re looking for Jubilee” Beast chimed.


“Oh…my…God! This is like….totally major! Storm, how did this happen? Am I like, an aunt now?” She was thinking of questions faster then she can speak, even shocking to Jubilee herself.


“Slow down child. Of course you can be an aunt, I’m sure you are old enough for the responsibilities.” She smiled towards Jean.


“Responsibilities? I just wanna play with it. Does everyone else know? Who’s is it? Is it that Arkon dweeb?” Jubilee crossed her arms.


“You ask too many questions Jubilee. I have not told the others yet, and Logan is the father.”


Jubilee’s mouth dropped. Jean got up and moved towards her.


“I will answer the questions I can for you…outside Jubilee.” Jean grabbed her arm and led her out.


“Thank you.” Storm mouthed towards Jean without Jubilee seeing.


*It was the least I could do*


“Well, I believe your ultrasound is done Ororo.” He ejected the tape and handed it to her. “I’m sure you will be happy to hear that you can leave this place and rest in the comfort of your own room.”


“Thank you Beast.” She pulled her gown down and threw the sheet over the side of the bed to swing her feet over. Beast helped her stand.


“And please Ororo, do truly rest.”


“Of course Beast” she smiled and patted his hand.





Cyclops and Professor Xavier were talking on the front lawn when they heard a motorcycle a few blocks away. Within minutes the mansion gates were opening and Logan was cruising back in. He stopped in front of them, near the mansion’s entrance. Logan turned off the bike and swung his leg around to get off it. He had a backpack hanging off one shoulder.


“We’ll I guess I was wrong.” Scott stared at him. “You did decide to turn around and do the right thing.”


Wolverine unleashed his claws in front of Cyclops’ face. “Outta my way Cyke!”


“Wolverine, please!” Charles commanded.


“What, you gonna take his side again.” He turned towards Charles and retracted his claws.


“No, actually I wanted to apologize for my behavior yesterday and congratulate both you and Storm.”
“Thanks Professor, that means a lot…to the both of us.” Wolverine’s faced softened a little.


“Apologize? He’s the one that needs to apologize for almost abandoning Storm!” Cyclops pointed towards Wolverine.


Wolverine through his backpack down. Parenting and baby books fell all over the pavement behind him, along with some baby clothes. “Wada ya’ mean abandon?” Wolverine was face to face with him.


“Scott, you are out of line.”


Scott glanced behind Logan to see the books everywhere. “I…I guess I came to the wrong conclusion Wolverine.” A shocked look appeared on Scott’s face.


Wolverine backed away. He turned around and started putting the items back in his backpack.


“I’m sorry Logan.” Scott sighed “Just, when I saw you leave last night and didn’t come home…”


“What I do ain’t none of your business, and I don’t abandon my own.” He picked up the knapsack and head up the steps.


“I was wrong Logan, I just want what’s best for Storm and the baby.”


“And I guess you think I ain’t it.” He opened the door and went inside.


“Scott, I know you are concerned for Storm, but please, watch your choice of words in front of Logan.”


“I’m sorry Professor, it’s just…”


“Your opinion of Logan does not matter in this instance, this is not a mission for you to lead. This is Storm’s life and we must keep mind of that.” Charles turned towards the door. “I am calling the others to go over our mission yesterday. Meet me in the war room in twenty minutes Scott.”



Wolverine was running towards the elevator to get to down to the med-lab. Was Storm upset? Did she really think he would leave because she was carrying his child? He never thought about it, before last night anyway, but he was excited about a child, especially with Ororo. She was warm and comforting; He actually felt at peace and thought he could really settle down as a family with her. He just needed some air and space to think things through; After all, he didn’t even remember his parents, or a real home, other than the mansion. He wasn’t sure he could be a parent, or where to start. He drove around all night to clear his head. Towards the morning he drove down Main Street and saw a baby store. After seeing one baby outfit, he actually knew he wanted this. He only feared now that he may have lost his chance over taking one night to think. He didn’t even think Storm would have woken until later, which is the only reason he thought it okay to leave in the first place.


He was panting as he entered the med-lab. She wasn’t there. He looked around frantically, catching her scent, as well as Beast’s. She was gone, Beast wasn’t.


“HANK!” he yelled frantically.


“Yes Logan? Are you alright?” Beast appeared from behind a curtain in the med-lab.


“Where is she?”


“I’ve released her to recuperate in her room. We
missed you this morning Logan.”


“Is she alright? How’s the baby?”


“She and the baby are fine Logan.” Beast put his furry blue arm around Logan as he walked him back out the med-lab towards the elevator. “I’ve advised Ororo to limit her physical activity as well as using her powers. She’s taking vitamins. The child looks strong and healthy.”


“Thanks Hank.” Wolverine shook Beast’s hand. The elevator doors opened and he got on, still carrying his knapsack.


“And Logan…”


“Yeah?”


“Here is a tape of Storm’s ultrasound from this morning.”


Wolverine looked down at the tape, almost puzzled by it. “You’re tellin’ me my kid is on this tape?”


“We’ll, it does not look like a typical fetus yet, but the heartbeat is strong and evident.” Beast said with a smile.


Wolverine nodded. “Thanks furball.”


The elevator doors closed in front of his face.




The team was gathered in the war room, all except for Wolverine and Storm when the Professor started.


“Now that we are all here, I’d like to go over the events of yesterday.”


“Hold on Professor.” Rogue stood up. “Logan and Storm aren’t here yet.”


“Duh,” Jubilee interrupted. “Storm’s like, pregnant, she can’t be here.”


“JUBILEE!” The Professor scolded.


Rogue and Gambit gasped.


“Oops.” Jubilee covered her mouth with her hand.


Jean gave her a dirty look.


*We need to have another discussion, Jubilee* Jean telekinetically told her.


Charles put his hands up. “I believe it is appropriate for Storm and Logan to answer any questions you may have. Now, we must go over the events of yesterday.”


“What you mean by Logan?” Gambit interrupted.


“Logan and Storm…Logan’s the father.” Scott replied, unenthusiastically.


“I knew he had a thing for her.” Rogue smirked.


“At least Stormy get some fun, no?” Gambit smiled at Scott. Scott was pissed at the remark.


“Please, this is not the time to discuss this.” Charles sighed “I fear the files that were taken puts other mutants at great danger, and because the rest were destroyed, we don’t know whose files they have and do not have.”


“Can’t we just wait until we hear of an attack?” Jubilee asked.


“They had your file though, no?” Gambit looked from Jubilee to Charles.


“Exactly Gambit; for all we know they could have Jubilee’s file and plan on attacking her…again”


“I don’t understand. I thought President Kelly stopped the mutant registration act. It intrudes on mutant rights.” Scott pounded his fist on the table. “We’ve already destroyed these files in the past!”


“I do not believe whoever is behind this had the President’s permission. I will contact President Kelly myself to know for sure, but I believe many mutants will be in great danger in the near future.” Professor Xavier said. “Someone had a reason for keeping copies in another location.”


“Professor, weren’t those files used by sentinels to help locate and destroy mutants in the past.” Jean asked, very concerned.


“Oh no, I hate those things, I thought we like, got rid of all of them.” Jubilee interrupted.


“Yeah, well if the files are still around, who knows what else be goin’ on wit’ out us knowin’!” Rogue stood up, anger starting to fill her.


“We must remain calm. I will contact the President to see what he knows. But for now, I want everybody to remain on high alert. The Friends of Humanity may strike again at anytime. I believe extra training in the war room is necessary. You should all start your training immediately.”


“Of course, Professor.” Scott stood up to walk out, the rest of the X-men followed.
Chapter 9: New Roles by Angiekins
Storm entered her second trimester with no issues. The team had been doing extra trainings and no additional information about the Friends of Humanity had been found out by the team.

Storm entered the war room looking for Professor X, instead she found Gambit. "Well, well, long time no see Ma'Cherie. You lookin' good these days, Storm."

"Thank you Gambit. I do feel disconnected from the team these days. I was hoping I would find Charles in here."

"You no have to worry about us, we be fine. You just worry about that little one you carryin'." He said nonchalantly as he shuffled a deck of cards in his hands.

"He's right, Storm. That is your main priority for now." Professor X said in the doorway as he entered the war room.

"Professor. That's what I was looking to discuss with you. I am not disabled, I am pregnant. Even if I cannot go on missions, I should be able to help the team in some way. Now that I'm further along, Hank is not as concerned with my pregnancy. Please Charles, I cannot just sit around the mansion all day. As second in command I must assist the team."

"I understand your boredom, Storm. Perhaps you could assist Jean and I in monitoring the Friends of Humanity and finding out what they needed with those files?"

"Yes, I would love to help, Charles."

"Maybe she train us in the Danger Room too, no? Give us some good pointers?"

"Perhaps she can from the control room, Gambit. Let's not push too much on her for now."

Six hours later Storm was still in the war room going through all the news reports that may have been linked to the Friends of Humanity. "You have to eat for two now, remember?" Wolverine said as he brought her dinner. "It's almost eight."

"Thank you, Logan. I have not forgotten."

"Any progress?"

"Nothing yet. If Jean and Professor cannot track them with Cerebro, I'm not sure how much help I could be."

"Well you just focus on keeping yourself healthy. Those chumps can wait." He pulled a chair up and sat with her while she had dinner".

"Who wants pickles and ice cream?!" Jubilee exclaimed as she came in the room.

"Jubilee, thank you but that is just an old wives tale." She said as she laughed.

"Suit yourself, it's pretty good!" She shoveled a scoop of ice cream in her mouth. "Whatcha doing eating dinner in here anyway?"

"I was just reviewing news reports, my child."

"Of my old doctor getting robbed?"

"What old doctor?" Storm questioned, looking from Jubilee back to the tv screen.

"The doctor that they said got robbed, Dr. Bilkins. My foster parents took me to him when my powers emerged. They wanted to, like, stop me from being a mutant."

"What did this doctor do, Jubilee?"

"Nothing." She said, eating another spoonful of ice cream. "He took some blood, but I never went back. Gave me the creeps."

"I see." Storm said with a look on her face.

"What is it, Storm?"

"There were a few medical offices broken into, but I did not think much of it."

"What kind of medical offices?"

"Just small, independently run offices."

"Well, if you guys are just gonna talk work, I'm gonna go back to the kitchen." Jubilee said with her bowl in hand.

"Goodnight, Jubilee"

"Yeah, goodnight kid." Wolverine got up and grabbed their dirty plates. "It's gettin' late, you need your sleep. This is the first time you've worked like this in awhile."

"I'll be up shortly, Logan. I want to take a few more notes." She said as she rewound the tape she was watching.


Logan rolled over and felt the emptiness of her side of the bed. It was midnight. He threw the sheets off him and went downstairs to the war room to look for Ro. She was there, notes everywhere. She was asleep at the table. He picked her up and carried her upstairs. He noticed the slightest baby bump as be held her. It was becoming more real every day. He smiled a little. He put her to bed and kissed her forehead. "Night Ro."


The next morning Jean went into the war room and saw the notes everywhere. She started going through all of them. Charles entered and saw Jean's concerned look on her face. "What is it, Jean?"

"Mutant doctors. They've been targeting mutant doctors."

"What?" He said as he went up to the table and looked at the notes. "What do you mean, mutant doctors?"

"Doctors trying to experiment or stop mutants from developing is what she means." Storm said as she entered the room. "Jubilee notified me one of the medical offices that were broken into was an old doctor she was forced to go to. Seven doctor's offices have been broken into since our last run-in with the Friends of Humanity. When I looked these doctors up, they all were known for MST, Mutant Suppression Therapy."

"That's where they use chemo and other drugs to stop mutants from developing their full powers at puberty." Jean said.

"Which means they had files of mutants and their powers." Charles exclaimed. "Do we know of any other doctors that practice MST that haven't been victimized, yet?"

"I did not get that far, but Professor, this doctor had taken blood from Jubilee."

"They're probably trying to define the genes that makes mutant, and suppress us, or worse, identify a mutant before their powers even show. I should have picked up on this sooner." Charles sighed to himself.

"MST is relatively new, and neither one of us picked up on it, Charles." Jean said with notes in both her hands.

"We must get a list of the remaining doctors practicing this and stake out their offices."

"I will work on that this morning, Professor" Storm said from the doorway.


The Professor called an emergency meeting at ten that morning in the war room. "We believe we've discovered a pattern with the Friends of Humanity. They've been targeting doctors specializing in mutant suppression therapy. They've hit seven of them, and we've identified four more in the city." Charles stated to the group.

"Suppression? Gambit don't like the sound of that."

"They can really suppress our powers?" Rogue asked.

"At puberty, they believe they can stunt it. It has not been proven as they are basically irradiating the entire body with drugs, none which specifically target mutant genes. The idea is to treat the patient before the powers fully develop, essentially stunting the mutant gene. I believe their alternative motive is to get our dna and eventually target mutants as children and treat them before any signs of being a mutant develops."

"This treatment is highly experimental and not approved for any human or mutant use. The side effects could be catastrophic" Beast chimed in.

"Yes, further more, I believe these offices are being targeted for mutant files. There are two offices on the east side and two on the west. I want them staked out between 10pm and 2am. Cyclops, Rogue and Gambit will take the East side. Beast, Jean and Wolverine will take the west side."

"What about me, Professor?" Jubilee asked. "I'm not a kid anymore, I can help."

"No Jubilee, you stay here with Storm and myself. We will be monitoring the police scanners and news reports. We will start monitoring tonight until further notice."
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=3108