Forgive Me? by jasmine32
Summary: A one time only.....Logan royally messes up on Christmas and Ro is out for blood!
Categories: NC-17 Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1918 Read: 2337 Published: 01-01-04 Updated: 01-01-04

1. Prt1 by jasmine32

Prt1 by jasmine32
Title: Forgive Me?
Disclaimer: None of the characters are mine. They belong to Marvel.
Rating: NC-17 FOR LANGUAGE!
Authors Note: Three days after Christmas and the goddess is royally pissed!


A Sweater.
A damned, two sizes too small sweater that looked like it was meant for a child! How could he! The set of gold plated cards he gave Remy had more thought and meaning! To think of all the wasted months of searching for the perfect gift for him! His own bike so that Scott wouldn’t blast his sorry ass for always stealing his. Right now, she’d love nothing better then to melt the vintage Harley Davidson that was once owned by Elvis herself! She fumed.
She knew she should be grateful. The holidays were a time for thankfulness and forgiveness. Considering Jubilation had told her Logan had actually gone into her favorite boutique and chosen the cashmere sweater by himself was a minor miracle. She would have loved to see the look on his face when he saw all the tiny negligees displayed at the entrance of Victoria Secret and the openly speculative glances from the women shoppers! A small smile started at the corners of her full lips then froze at the remembrance of Jean’s gift. Diamond encrusted hoops and sold out tickets to Aida. A show she’d also wanted to see.
Her anger renewed itself. Her pacing in front of the wide bay window of the room designated as the den continued. The pelting rain outside increased into punishing sheets. Several other occupants, nervously keeping an eye on the enraged goddess, groaned in despair. Three days of none stop rain had melted away the fresh piles of Christmas Eve snow into slippery ice and flooding. Which had kept them indoors instead of enjoying the cold weather. Besides that, the rising tension between Ororo and the object of her rage had quickly put a damper on the holiday festivities.
“Scott do something!” nudged Jean as they sat on the black leather couch facing a large flat screen television. Trying to maintain a calm façade, He spoke through their shared link.
* What do you think I can do, hon! Have you forgotten what happened to the last guy who tried?*
In unison, they glanced over at Robert Drake sitting on the loveseat with a glazed, unseeing stare on a face smudged black, mouth still hanging as if unhinged, hair spiked straight up with smoke still rising from the blonde locks. His once white tee, denim jeans were tinge and burnt in places. The distinct smell of burnt hair permeated around him. The young and unfortunate mutant never knew what hit him.
Jean hesitated.
*She respects you and would never. * She glanced at Ro then Bobby again. * At least I don’t think she would*
* Well I like my hair just the way it is. Let him deal with it. He caused all this *
* He diffidently deserves a rod up the ass! *
* Now Honey, at least he tried *
* A sweater, Scott! He gave me a better gift then that! *
* Yeah. First chance I get I plan on thinking him for those opera tickets.*
Jean smiled and elbowed him on the side. For months Scott had promised to get tickets and she’d thought for sure she’d receive them for Christmas from him but hadn’t. She’d known it was because of his dislike of sitting through hours of what he called ‘head splitting’ noise then his excuse of always forgetting to get them until it was too late. She admired the diamond tennis bracelet glittering from her wrist. Who needed tickets when she had this! Still she was delighted to have received both.
* I can’t wait…*
“O my god!” Scott said, looking at the entrance. Jean followed what he was looking at and gaped in shock surprise.
“One word slim, just one word and you gain a new asshole!” growled Logan. Scott stifled the bark of laughter that threatened to escape.
“Wouldn’t dream of it, ma’am.”
Jean giggled behind her raised hand. Until Logan sent a killer glare her way. Suddenly, a burst of lightening that sound like it was inside the room sent their gazes towards the window in time to see a smoke shrouded, blue fur ball fly across the floor. Hank’s newly fluffed form came to a stop near a wood paneled wall lined with video games. Scott urgently turned to Logan.
Whatever you going to do, you better do it now!”
He gulped and started wobbling unsteadily towards the woman he loved and hoped to god she wouldn’t fry his ass too. A loud bark of laughter stopped his slow progress. He sent a feral glare over his shoulder. Seeing him, Bobby had awaken from his electrifying daze and started laughing while pointing in his direction. Logan cursed. Just what he needed!
Hearing the happy mirth, Ororo turned and gasped. Dressed in a flowered, red wrap around dress, perfectly made up face under a blonde wig, matching red high-heeled sandals jammed into recently shaved legs, Logan stood on wobbly legs spread wide apart. Laughter bubbled up from her chest and rang out across the room. That was all the sign the rest of the others needed. Logan’s angry, silencing glare went unheeded. The moment was to good to pass up. Not after the last couple days. The rampaging wolverine was wearing a dress!
Giving up when his dark frown didn’t stop the now hilariously laughing group, he shrugged and continued forward. With each painful step he cursed a certain ‘swamp rat’ whose idea this was. He grimaced when he almost lost his footing, and his foot nearly busted from the small crisscrossing straps. How the hell did women walk in these damned things! He wondered. Next time he was running this group across their training exercises held have a new routine for them. Especially the icicle. The thought almost made him smirk until he almost twisted his ankle.
Ororo tried stopping the sidesplitting echo from escaping her lips, she really did. Only Logan would take another step with the top flap of the dress flipping over exposing the unshaven portion of hairy thighs and that set her off again. He finally stood in front of her.
“Ya done, darlin?” he grated out harsher then he planed. She hid a finally giggle and tried to recover with a stern glare.
“I did not know you enjoy dressing as a woman.” Snickering followed her words.
“Well I don’t! The cajun said……oh hell! Fuck it!” he snapped, as he tried to leave.
Ro reached out a restraining hand on his arm.
“Logan wait. What is this all about?” she asked above the noise.
“Ya mean besides making an ass of myself?” Ororo giggled but abruptly stopped at his cloudy brows. Thank the Goddess, he had not plucked those! This time, she hid the giggle behind a cough. His darken eyes showed he didn’t buy it.
“Please continue.” She urged.
“Remy, said if I ever wanted ta get ya ta forgive me I had ta be willin ta make a fool of myself. That why I’m wrapped up in this getup.” Looking down he fingered the hated fabric. A movement over his left shoulder caught her eyes. Speak of the devil. Remy stood a few feet behind Logan, holding a recording camcorder directed at them. She smiled and hoped he got a front view too. A copy of that would certainly start to make up for the sweater.
“Darlin are ya listening?”
She focused her attention back to him. “Yes, of course.”
“Ya understand why I panicked and gave ya the shirt?” No, but she nodded anyway. “Good. Here’s ur real gift.”
The room quieted as everyone held their breaths. He quickly handed her a black velvet box the same size as an engagement ring would have been in. Goddess, he finally bought her a ring! He was proposing! She raised shimmering, blue eyes deepened with love at him. A collective sign was released.
“Ya gotta open it ta see what’s inside.” He smirked for the first time since walking into the room.
Trembling fingers pulled open the lid and she shrieked in stunned surprise. Inside was not the ring she’d hoped for but an even better gift. A big, tear drop sapphire boarded by diamonds lay nestles in the white satin of the box.
“Logan….”
“I picked it cause it was the same color as ur eyes.” He rambled.
“It’s beautiful.” She exclaimed running a finger across the smooth surface.
“Only da best fa my fiancee.” He murmured. Ororo looked up at him.
“What did you just say?”
He reached for her free right hand and haphazardly struggled to kneel before her. Cursing he stood, yanked off the sandals and tossed them aside. Having relieved the numbness from his toes he return to his position. A few of the younger kids not understanding the significance of the moment, laughed. Ororo glared at them and received immediate silence.
“Will ya marry me?”
She stared into his intense gaze and smiled through the tears running down her face.
“Yes! Yes I’ll marry you!”
Smiling broadly, he stood and grabbed her in a deep, searching kiss that left her breathless. Releasing her, he took the necklace from its box and held up the ends of the gold chain. She turned and he clasped it around her neck.
“It’s not a ring….”
“I’ll never take it off.” She said, ending his uncertainty.
“Congratulation you two!”
“Let ma get a look at that rock!”
“Bout time, old man.”
They joyously accepted the good wishes and good-humored cracks at Logan’s attire. Ororo apologized for ruining the holidays and for frying Bobby and Hank. Who easily forgave her now that she was happy again. While Logan was talking with Jean and Scott, Ororo stole away to stand beside Remy.
“Have my copy in my room in one hour.” She whispered.
Laughing, Remy turned red on black eyes on her. “With pleasure, Cheri. In return will you do me a favor”
“I thought I already had by not telling Logan about that camera.”
“Another?” he pleaded with a charming grin
“The original and you have it.”
“Done. Will you now stop the infernal rain?”
Ororo laughed as her eyes whited over. Within seconds the rain stopped and snow began. A cheer went up as some of te kids ran in search of jackets and gloves.
“Bien, Stormy!”
“Tape, please.”
“Don’t you trust Remy no more.” He asked with a rakish smile, as he handed over the small cassette.
“With my life, mon aime but not with this damaging evidence.”
“I got a few choice words fa ya Cajun.” Logan said interrupting them by wrapping his arms around Ororo’s waist from behind.
“No need to thank Remy, Logan. That’s what friends are for.” The devilish flirt said while making his timely escape. They laughed. Ororo turned in Logan’s arm and beamed up at him.
“I love you.”
“I love ya too.” He told her before kissing her smeared ruby red lips.
“That color suits you.” She teased about the bright lipstick. He frowned.
“Funny.” He mumbled. “Ya never answered my question.”
“What question?”
“Am I forgiven?”
For an answer she raised up and kissed the rest of the lipstick from his mouth.
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=531