“Just who the hell does she think she is?” He roared as he kicked the trashcan, sending it flying through the air, and barely missing the head that suddenly appeared in the room.

“I am sorry, I thought the room was empty.” The wide-eyed girl began to explain as she clutched her books to her chest, and slowly began to back out of the room again.

“Hey, no I’m sorry,” The irate boy spoke with a slight growl as he roughly ran his fingers through his wild hair. “Ororo, right?” He asked as the stunned girl simply nodded her head. “Yeah we got English tagether.”

“May I ask what is the matter, what has gotten you so upset?”

“Aint none of ya business.” He snapped a little harsher then he had intended to.

“I..I..of course, you are right, I am sorry, I’ll come back later then.” She stammered as she turned to hastily retreat from the room.

“Ro wait.” He called to her and she stopped, turning to him with an arched brow at the pet name he had given her. “I aint mad at ya and I aint got no right takin my problems out on ya. Let’s try this again, I’m Logan.” He said as he held out a hand. Ororo looked at it for a moment then grasped it and firmly shook.

“Nice to meet you Logan, I am Ororo, as you already seem to know. Exactly how did you know my name?”

“Ah I heard the teacher callin ya by it in the class. It’s a name ya just don’t forget, and then there’s the way ya look,” Logan explained and Ororo instantly, self-consciously lowered her head. “Ya stand out, with the hair and blue eyes.”

“Yes I know,” Ororo replied with a sad sigh.

“Ya got looks that can drive a guy wild, which is why mostly every guy in the room have a hard time concentrating on their work.” Logan added and Ororo looked up with a smile.

“Thank you.”

“What fer, I had nothing ta do wit it, thank ya mom and dad.”

“I cannot, they are dead.”

“I’m sorry darlin.”

“So,” Ororo spoke wanting to changed the subject. “What are you doing here in the library, studying for the big geography test next Friday?”

“Hell naw just came in ta be alone and think.”

“About?” Ororo asked curiously and then noticed the glare Logan was shooting her and instantly averted her eyes downward. “It is none of my concern, sorry.”

“Its alright, I guess ya already figured I’m pissed at something, someone actually.” He said as he folded his arms across his chest.

“Who?”

“Jean.” He answered in a near growl. Ororo nodded, she should have guessed. It was school knowledge that Logan and Jean were a couple. Although no one could figure out why Jean would date Logan they seemed so opposite to each other.

“A lover’s quarrel,” Ororo said with a sweet smile. “I’m sure it will pass.”

“Yeah it has, Jeanie dumped me for one eye.” Logan stated with a grumble.

“One eye? Scott?” Ororo repeated with a confused look on her face and then remembered that’s what Logan often called Scott.

“Yeah, Scott.” Logan replied and Ororo suddenly burst out into a fit of laughter as Logan watched her curiously. “What tha hell’s so funny?”

“Well, I’ve never truly understood why you called him that, until now.” She answered through her giggles.

“Ya don’t strike me as the slow type Ro.” He said.

“Well, I am not used to jokes I suppose. So do you make up names for everyone, Jeanie, one eye, and Ro? Or should we just feel special?”

“The only one meant as an insult, is one eye.”

“So I gathered.” She said giggling again and then grew serious. “I am sorry to hear about you and Jean breaking up, truly I am Logan.”

“Yeah me too, but its done and there aint no going back now.”

“Well maybe if you talked to her...”

“Naw, she’s with scooter now, I aint never gonna touch or think of her the same way again.” Ororo looked at him skeptically. “Well definitely not touch her.” He corrected with a chuckle as Ororo giggled more. Then there was a brief awkward silence before Logan spoke again. “So, whatcha come in here fer anyway?”

“Ah,” Ororo sighed, happy to have a change of subject. “Geography test next Friday.”

“Oh yeah right. Well I only destroyed the trashcan, everything else is still usable.” Logan said with a smirk, invoking more giggles from Ororo.

“Poor trashcan.” She said as she looked over at the crumpled tin can that was over turned in a near corner. This time Logan chuckled.

“Well I’ll leave ya ta study.” Logan offer.

“No, its ok if you need to vent more, I can always go to my room, I’ll just grab the books I came in here for and…”

“Naw, I’m done. Actually I feel better, thanks.” Logan said as he stared openly at the Nubian beauty before him, as she nervously lower her head, not use to the attention. “I guess Chuck’s right about how talking sometimes can make ya feel better.” Ororo smiled up at him, warmly.

“You mean the Professor? You call him Chuck, to his face?” She asked bewildered.

“Yeah, I aint one fer doing anything behind backs, I’m pretty straight forward. Whatcha see is whatcha get. Sorry.”

“Oh no I think that’s wonderful, to be so open. I wish I could be that brave and free.”

“So why don’t ya?”

“Oh no, I cannot, just not my style.” Logan nodded as he watched her and then suddenly he reached out and touched a stray strand of Ororo’s hair, tucking it over her shoulder with the rest of her mane. Ororo looked up startled, but didn’t move or speak. “Reminds me of clouds often wonder if it was a soft as I imagine clouds are.” He explained as he now stroked another strand back.

“Logan!” An accented voiced pierced the room, startling both Logan and Ororo, and Logan frowned at himself that he hadn’t sensed the presence of their new guest. At that moment Gambit popped his head in the room. “There you are, Gambit been looking everywhere for ya, homme.” He said as he entered the room, just as Ororo took a couple of steps back. “’Ello, Stormy.” Gambit grinned now giving Ororo his attention as he lifted her hand to kiss. She swiftly yanked it away, rolling her eyes.

“My name is Ororo, not Stormy, not Chere, or any of those others absurd names you insist on calling me. Please do remember that Gambit.” She said in a huff as she clutched at her books again, glaring at the boy before her.

“Oh Stormy, why you mad at Gambit. He mean no offense, chere.” Gambit said as he again reached for her hand and she stepped back again with a disgusted expression on her face.

“Leave her alone gumbo.” Logan said in a low rumble, regaining the boy’s attention. “Why ya looking for me anyway?”

“Gambit was sent to see if you still gonna play football, but I know you and Jeanie are no more, so if you need time…” Gambit said with a smirk, knowing his words would rile Logan. “And Scott just said he’d play.” He added arching his brow.

“I’m fine, and I’ll play.” Logan said with a smile as images of crushing Scott played in his head, as he walked towards the exit behind Gambit. He stopped in the doorway and looked back at Ororo, who was watching him and Gambit leave. “Ya wanna come?” He asked, stunning Ororo.

“I..I should study.” She replied nervously.

“Aw come on ya got nearly two weeks ta study, come on I need a cheering section. Ya probably the only girl in this school who aint in Jean’s cliché, and they all are takin her side.”

“Oh thanks.” Ororo said glaring, not liking the reminder that Jean was the most pretty and popular girl in school, who had gone out of her way to excluded Ororo from any and all activities.

“Trust me that was a complement. Its nice ta see a girl in this school who aint got her head up Jeanie’s ass, yer a leader not a follower. That’s a good thing darlin, never feel bad about it.” Ororo gave him a small smile.

“Ok.” She said and Logan arched his brow.

“Ok, ya gonna come?”

“Yeah, I shall come.” She said as she walked to where he stood in the door way and they walked out together.



A few moments later, outside




Logan, Ororo, and Gambit had arrived to a packed field, as most of the students gathered to watch what everyone expected to be a good game, considering that by now everyone knew about Logan’s and Jean’s breakup and that Scott had been the reason. Now the two boys were about to play football on opposite teams, everyone figured there would be blood shed, and that Scott would be doing most of the bleeding. As the trio neared the sidelines, they passed Jean and her crew. Jean approached, grasping Logan by the arm and turning him.

“Logan, I’m telling you right now you had better not hurt Scott. I was the one who dumped you, so if you want to be pissed at someone you be pissed at me.” She said with a glare and then instantly noticed a quiet Ororo standing beside Logan. “What’s this you’ve found a stray?” Jean asked as she turned to Ororo with an evil grin on her face. “What are you doing here Ororo, shouldn’t you be up in your room or at the library with the other losers?” Jean questioned Ororo, who in turned simply looked down at the ground not saying a word.

“Back off Red,” Logan’s gruffy voice cut in. “She’s with me and you’re gonna leave her alone. Now go back to the rest of the Barbies, and cheer on Ken.” He said with a growl and Jean quickly turned flipping her hair over her shoulder as she moved to leave.

“I swear I don’t know what I ever saw in you, the bad boy thing, I’m so over it.” She huffed as she stalked off back to where her friend stood gawking.

“Been wondering that myself,” Logan mumbled as he watched Jean stalk off, and then he turned his attention back to Ororo. “Ya alright?” he asked with concern etched on his face. Ororo nodded.

“Yes I am use to it.” She said giving a brave smile, but Logan could she her lips trembling and that she was on the verge of tears.

“Don’t let them get to ya, they’re just jealous.”

“Oh yeah that must be it.” Ororo said sarcastically, rolling her eyes as she smiled a bit. Logan in turn chuckled.

“Do you have a mirror in your room?” He asked her in all seriousness, and Ororo nodded her head as she looked at him in confusion. “You should try looking in it sometimes.” He said and then leaned in closer to her as he began removing his jacket. “You’re a knock out.” He said softly, causing Ororo to blush, and then he moved back and held out his coat. “Here, put this on, it’s a bit chilly and ya didn’t bring a coat, and I really don’t want someone walkin off wit it.” He added with a charming smile. Ororo gave a small smile as she slipped into Logan’s coat, she noticed out the corner of her eyes that she was being watched by an irritated looking Jean and her entire entourage. Ororo hugged herself in Logan’s coat and turned to watch the game.

An hour into the game, Logan’s team was up by six points and Ororo to everyone’s surprise was cheering her head off. During every break Logan would make his way to where she stood, checking to see if she was ok, and getting a drink, which she always had in hand for him. To the outside eyes of the student body they were looking suspiciously like a couple. As their last break ended and Logan made his way back onto the field, Ororo who was watching him intensely suddenly felt herself stumbling forward. She turned to see who had pushed her, and to see if they were ok, and her eyes fell on Jean and a couple of her friends, Kitty and Rogue.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” Jean asked as she crossed her arms across her chest.

“I…I am sorry Jean I did not see you standing there, I…”

“I’m not talking about that, I’m talking about you and Logan. You don’t think he takes you seriously do you?” Jean asked. Ororo lowered her head not speaking. “He’s just paying attention to you to upset me, but he should know that ‘you’ wouldn’t make me jealous.” Jean said with a giggle, which Kitty matched with her own. “I mean look at you, white hair and blue eyes, you look odd.”

“I am not with Logan he and I are simply friends.” Ororo finally spoke.

“Oh please, if Logan’s hanging out with you, it’s to get into your pants, and the moment he does he’ll dump you. You’re not his style, you’re too mousy and plain. Don’t get me wrong you’ve got a killer fashion sense, but you don’t wear makeup and you just wear your hair down straight, always hiding your face in it. Logan likes his girl flashy, showing some skin, wild like him.” Ororo’s eyes glazed over as her tears welled up, and the skies opened up with a loud rumble of thunder.

“Uhm, Jean ah think we should leave now. Ah think you’re pissin her off, and Ah for one don’t want ta be barbequed.” Rogue said as she looked up and watched the clouds darken as a sudden rain shower fell. All the students on the sidelines as well as the players on the field all scurried for cover, all expect Ororo, who stood still, still watching a retreating Jean. She trembled with anger and when a hand gripped her arm she sent out a bolt of lightning and it struck the ground near where she stood.

“Whoa, Ro, ya ok?” Logan’s voice awoke her from her daze and Ororo turned to the form sprawled out on the ground beside her, her eyes widened in fear.

“Oh Goddess, Logan are you ok?” Ororo leaned down beside him helping him to his feet.

“Yeah but we better get inside this storm looks bad.” He said as he grasped her hand and began to run from the field, they made it to a nearby bench area that had a top, the Professor had them build all over the ground so the students could sometime eat and study outside.

“I am so sorry Logan, did I hurt you?” She asked as she set about running her hands over him in inspection.

“Naw, but that bolt nearly fried me.” Logan answered and then realization dawn. “Wait a minute, you caused all this?” Logan asked and Ororo closed her eyes and calmed herself. Just as suddenly as it appeared the Storm dispersed and the sky cleared and sun shone once again. Logan stared in disbelief.

“I am sorry, I did not mean to, see this is why I cannot be as carefree as you and everyone else.” Ororo stated as she willed her impending tears down, not wanting to invoke another storm. “I have to remain in control, my powers are linked to my emotions.” Logan nodded his understandings. Ororo hastily began removing his coat, holding it out for him, and when he took it she quickly turned to leave.

“Hey, where ya off to?” Logan asked as he moved after her.

“I know you must think I am some kind of freak…”

“Why cause ya can control the weather? Darlin we’re at a school for mutants, everyone of us has some strange powers, and ya aint the only one who has to stay in control all the time.” At his words Ororo stopped and sat at a nearby bench.

“You do too?” She asked quietly as she shivered at bit in her damp clothes. Logan looked at her and then placed his coat around her shoulders.

“Yeah, though sometimes its hard. But if I don’t keep myself in check someone could get hurt.”

“How, I thought your mutant powers were your healing factor and keen senses.”

“It is, but there are other things, things that only Chuck knows about.” Logan said as he sat across from her. Ororo sat intrigued by his confession.

“Like?” She questioned and he locked eyes with her, just staring transfixed for a few moments.

**SNIKT**

Ororo’s eyes nearly popped out of her head as her mouth gaped open in surprise. Her gaze locked onto Logan’s right hand, which now had three long blades sticking out between the knuckles. “Don’t be scared, I aint gonna hurt ya.” Logan quickly spoke.

“I am not afraid.” Ororo spoke as she continued to stare at his hand, she slowly moved forward, reaching out.

“Careful, they’re sharp.” He said as she reached out and ran her finger along the dull top of the blades.

“Does it hurt when they come out?”

“Every time.”

“And you can control it?”

“Usually, but there are time when I’m really pissed, or really excited then they just pop out on their own.”

“Thank you Logan, for sharing this with me and I assure you I shall tell no one.” Ororo said.

“Tell who ya like, I don’t give a damn. Aint like it’s a secret or nothing, just aint no ones business, I just wanted you ta see that ya aint the only freak in town." He said sending her a smirk, which she matched with a board smile. “So, what upset you that ya nearly blasted my ass wit a bolt?”

“Jean, she told me that you were just pretending to be my friend to make her jealous, but that you were wasting your time cause she’d never be jealous of a plain Jane like me.” Ororo said, lowering her head.

“Oh yeah right, which is why she took the time ta tell ya that. If she really didn’t care, if it didn’t bother her she wouldn’t have said a word ta ya.” Logan said with a wide smile.

“So it was just to make her jealous?” Ororo asked a bit crushed. “Or to get into my pants as she so eloquently put it?” Logan chuckled.

“Naw, it aint ta make her jealous, nor ta get in yer pants, though the thought has crossed my mind a time or two.” He grinned wiggling his brows at her and she giggled, knowing he was kidding with her. “It was because ya reached out ta me as a friend, and against my entire nature I accepted yer friendship, at least I hope that we‘re friends.”

“We are.” Ororo nodded with a smile.

“Good, now come on we’ve got English in fifteen minutes.” Logan said as he stood and helped Ororo to her feet, and they headed off to class. They were the last to arrive, just beating the bell, and as they walked into the room all conversation ceased and all eyes fell on them. Ororo immediately avoided the stares by lowering her head and letting her hair conceal it. Logan on the other hand simple glared back, causing most to avert their stares, he then ushered Ororo into the room and to their seats, which were beside each other’s. As they nestled in, pulling out their books and paper, Ororo’s best friend and only girlfriend, Jubilee, who sat on the other side of Ororo, leaned over to chat with her friend.

“Hey Roro.” She greeted with a smile.

“Oh hey Jubes.” Ororo smiled back happy to have a true friend in her mist.

“So, what’s up with you and the wild child over there?” Jubilee asked as Logan threw her a growl and glare. ‘Gotta remember his keen hearing’ Jubilee thought to herself, as she leaned in closer to Ororo, lowering her voice to a near whisper. “Are you two like dating?”

“No we are just friends.” Ororo defended.

“Oh, so he’s letting you wear his coat, because you’re just friends?” Jubilee asked arching her brow as Ororo looked down and noticed that she still was wearing Logan’s coat.

“Goddess, no wonder everyone was gawking.” She said as she began removing the coat and turning to hand it to Logan, who simply shook his head.

“You keep it, yer still a bit damp.” Ororo smiled but hesitantly pulled the coat back on and then faced forward, to focus on the teacher, though she found it hard with so many eyes still on her.

“Ya gotta starin problem bub?” Logan asked a boy across the way who was looking at Ororo. And the boy hastily shook his head no and then turned around. Ororo smiled to herself that Logan had come to her defense again, a girl could get use to that she mused. At that moment a student appeared in the doorway, she moved in the room and handed the teacher a note.

“Ororo, your presences is requested in the Professor’s office.” The teacher announced.

Ororo, who wasn’t surprised considering her earlier rain shower, packed up her books.

“If Chuck gives ya a hard time tell him it was my fault, that I pissed ya off. He’ll believe that.” Logan said with a wink and a smile, and Ororo smiled back despite herself. “I’ll see ya later then.” He added to Ororo’s surprise, but she nodded her reply and then made her way to the exit and down to the professor’s office.



Later that night




He had been walking the grounds as he did every night after everyone had gone to bed. As he exited the wood that surrounded the estate, making his way back to the mansion a familiar scent hit his nose, vanilla and sandalwood. It was a scent he couldn’t place, and it grew stronger as he neared the mansion. As he moved towards the gardens he noticed a figure moving about, and he instantly went on the defensive. Crouching low he slowly moved to where the darkened figure stood. He moved in readying to pounce on the intruder when the scents of vanilla and sandalwood became overwhelming, and just as the recognition of the scents finally struck him, the form of Ororo was floating above him, flying back to the mansion and up to her attic room. Logan watched for a moment in awe before following her trail. He climbed the trellis leading up to Ororo’s room. He reached her patio and looked over to find Ororo perched up on the edge of the railing.

“Hey.” He whispered hoarsely startling Ororo so much that she fell backwards onto the patio. She quickly leaped up taking a defensive stance, her eyes glowing white as the air around her crackled with lightning. Logan quickly threw up his hands. “Whoa Ro, its me, Logan.” He quickly spoke out and Ororo just as quickly juiced down.

“Logan?” She repeated stunned to see him there. “What are you doing here?”

“I was takin a walk, saw ya out, and…ya didn’t tell me you could fly.” He said as he nonchalantly strolled towards her.

“Because I cannot fly.” She said as she hugged herself.

“I saw ya darlin.” Logan contended.

“No, you saw me using the wind to maneuver myself through the air, not flying.” She corrected. “I could do the same to you.”

“Whoa,” Logan said clearly impressed. “So what else can ya do? I mean I know about controlling the weather…”

“I can also manipulate the elements, the wind for example.”

“That’s pretty…uhm cool.” Logan stated which invoked a giggle from Ororo.

“Did you just say ‘cool’?”

“Yeah I did, and if’n ya tell anyone…”

“I swear your secret’s safe with me.” Ororo laughed as he held up her right hand. “So, what were you doing up and about at this time of night.”

“One could ask you the same.”

“I asked you first.”

“Yeah, don’t mean I’m gonna answer ya.” Logan said defiantly as he folded his arms across his chest. Ororo tucked her head down. “I have nightmares sometimes, and so I get out of my room. Out in tha open where it’s less…”

“Confining.” Ororo finished for him and he looked at her and nodded.

“Exactly.” She nodded back her understanding. “Same for you?” He asked her.

“Pretty much.” She replied looking up at the night sky, which held a full moon. “Oh!” She exclaimed as she turned and headed into her room as Logan looked after her curiously. After a moment she returned. “I forgot to return this to you and to say thank you for letting me borrow it.” Ororo said as she held out his coat. He took it from her grasp and then moved and draped it over her shoulders.

“Yer shiverin, are ya cold?”

“No, actually the weather really doesn’t bother me, the heat, the cold, my body just seems to adjust to whatever climate I’m in.”

“So why ya shiverin then?” He asked.

“Well…I…I don’t get a lot of visitors in my bedroom and never any boys, especially not the popular captain of the football team.” She said giving him a shy smile as he gave her a broad one. “I guess I’m still a bit stunned.”

“Sorry, didn’t mean ta upset ya.” He declared as he took a step back. Ororo in turn stepped forward.

“No, you did not upset me.” She said quickly. “I do not mind your company.” She added nervously, dipping her head a bit allowing her cascades of white hair to fall in her face. Logan instinctively reached out and tucked the silken tresses behind her ear, as she lifted her eyes to stare into his.

“It is.” He said softly and then backed up, moving back the way he had come on to the patio as Ororo frowned in confusion.

“Is what?” She asked as she watched him perch up on the railing.

“Yer hair, it is as soft as how I imagine clouds ta be, see ya tomorrow Ro.” He said before leaping over the side of the railing, leaving her to smile after him.



Next morning, Breakfast




Ororo hadn’t gotten much sleep after her visitor had left her patio, yet she had still managed to get up with the sun, looking refreshed. She hummed as she dressed and readied herself for the day. She continued humming as she arrived in the cafeteria. After getting her usual breakfast scrambled eggs, toast, two stripes of bacon, and orange juice, she found Jubilee sitting in their usual spot, and made her way to her. Ororo had gotten half way when a form sudden popped in front of her, causing her to jump.

“Guten Morgen, Ororo.”

“Kurt.” Ororo hissed. “You scared me, I have asked you not to do that.” She said frowning at the boy before her.

“Ich bin traurig.” He apologized dropping his head a bit before looking back up at her. “Ororo, you know we’re having the Winter Ball Saturday, and I was wondering…”

“Yes Kurt?” Ororo asked inside praying he was asking her what she thought he was asking. She hated the idea of going alone, since Jubilee already was going with Bobby.

“Well, I was wondering, if you didn’t already have a date…if you’d like to go with me.” He said hurriedly again lowering his head and closing his eyes, awaiting her reply.

“Yes, I would love to go with you Kurt.” She said smiling broadly at the now dumbstruck boy, who had obviously already decided that she would say no.

“Wundervoll!” He exclaimed excitedly, popping from in front of her to in back of her, causing her to twirl, giggling at him. “Danke, Ororo.” He said placing a kiss to her cheek before disappearing into thin air, only to emerge at the other side of the cafeteria where the jocks sat.

Ororo shook her head and continued to giggle as she made her way to where Jubilee now sat gawking. Before she could settle in Jubilee started her interrogation. “So what was that all about?”

*******


“All what about?” Kurt responded taking his place in between Gambit and Bobby, just as Logan approached and seated across from him.

“Don’t play dumb, Mon Ami.” A Cajun drawl spoke. “You and Ororo.” At the mention of her name, Logan lifted his head in sudden interest, but didn’t speak, just listened.

“Oh that…”

*******


“It was nothing, Kurt simply asked me to the Winter Ball.” Ororo stated with a nonchalant shrug, as Jubilee’s mouth dropped open in surprise.

*******


“No way!” Bobby said shaking his head. “No way Ororo agreed to go to the dance with you. I mean granted she not Miss Popular or anything, But she’s still a major hottie. Not way she said she’d go with you.”

*******


“And why wouldn’t I go with Kurt, he is a nice boy and he asked.” Ororo defended.

“Yeah I know but what about you and Logan?”

*******


“What about me?” Logan asked in a near growl. “Why tha hell would I care?”

“Well, I thought you and Ororo were a couple now” Bobby continued.

“She’s just a friend.” Logan grumbled irritably as he bit into his toast.

*******


“We are simply friends, nothing more. He just broke up with Jean yesterday for heavens sake.” Ororo said before putting a fork full of eggs into her mouth.

“Right.” Jubilee giggled as she gulped down the rest of her juice.

*******


“Right.” Bobby mumbled but knew Logan heard by the death glare he threw at him.

“Gotta go, cya later.” Logan said as he stood and stalked away.

“Ok, what’s da matter wit him?” Gambit asked as he and the others watched Logan walk off.



Later, in English class




Logan was the last to arrive in class, and Ororo had spent the last few minutes watching the door for the moment he entered. Once he walked in and made his way to take the seat beside her, she greeted him with a smile, which received a grunt and icy stare. Logan quickly took out his notebook and began taking notes, something he never did but still managed to get A’s. Ororo could sense that he was ignoring her.

“Good morning Logan.” She leaned over and whispered. He shot her a glance and grunted again, causing her to frown in confusion. “I forgot to bring your coat, I’ll get it to you by the end of the day, ok?”

“Yeah whatever.” He mumbled never looking at her.

“Are you ok?”

“Yeah, I’m just tryin ta take notes here.” He snapped loud enough that eyes were now on them. Ororo hurriedly lowered her head, turning herself to face forward. Logan watched her as her lips began to tremble and knew she was on the verge of tears and that he had caused it. He cursed himself silently. ‘Why tha hell am I mad at her?’ he wondered. They spent the remainder of class taking intensive notes and avoiding each other’s eyes, and when the bell rang, Ororo swiftly gathered her things and nearly raced from the room, but before she could get to the door a strong hand had gripped her wrist, turning her. “Ro.” Logan spoke but then stop long enough the let the other kids walk by. Once they had left, and they were the only two remaining he began again. “Look, I’m sorry for actin like such an ass.” Ororo listened silently still avoiding his eyes, instead looking down at her hands. “I aint mad at you, its something else…I’m sorry.” He repeated as he slowly lifted her chin, making her look up at him. “Ya forgive me? Please say ya do cause I couldn’t stand ya being mad at me.” She smiled softly at him as he attempted a pout.

“I forgive you, but do not think you can use me as a punching bag whenever you are mad.” She said lifting her chin a bit more.

“Understood, and again I’m sorry.” He said again as he took her books from her hands.

“Logan, I can carry my own books.” She began to protest.

“Yeah, but why when I’m willin ta do it for ya?” He asked as they moved to the door, which he held open until she walked out first.

“Well, it shall not help the rumors that are already going around about us.” She defended.

“Ro, ya known me all of two days now right?”

“Correct.”

“And from what you know, do ya really think I give a damn bout what people think or say about me?” He asked arching one brow, waiting for her reply. She thought earnestly before a smile spread across her face.

“No, I do not think ‘you’ do, but what of me and my reputation?” She inquired.

“It’ll be fine, sides if anyone says anything outta the way about ya, I’ll fillet im.” He said as he popped out one of his blades, causing Ororo’s eyes to grow big as she looked about them to make sure no one else had seen. When the blade disappeared, she looked up at him and giggled.

“I hope it does not come to that.” She said and he chuckled, but it soon faded as he saw the last person he wanted to see walking directly towards them.

“Logan, there you are. I’ve been looking every where for you.” Jean said as she now stood before Logan and Ororo. “See you’re still working the charity case.” She said giving Ororo an icy stare. “Do you mind this is private?” She shot and Ororo moved to leave but Logan wrapped an arm around her waist stopping her and startling her.

“There’s only one person here that aint wanted, and it aint Ro.” He said his arm still firmly attached around Ororo’s waist, which Jean arched a brow to.

“Whatever, I just wanted to let you know that you can still take me to the Winters Ball. Scott had already promised Betty a month ago that he’d take her, which leaves me dateless, so I’ll just go with you.” She said as she pulled out her compact to check her makeup. Logan simply gawked at her as if she had grown a hideous wart.

“You’ve gotta be kiddin.” He said with a chuckle, which invoked a giggle from Ororo. “I aint goin nowhere wit you, if scooter can’t take ya then ya’ll be going stag.”

“Oh so you’ve got a date already, who her?” Jean pointed to Ororo and laughed.

“Actually, I aint goin with Ro because I know she's goin wit Kurt, and if I can’t go wit her then I won’t go at all. Sorry Princess but I aint interested.” Jean’s mouth dropped much like Ororo’s had at his comment. “Lets get ta next period.” Logan said as he led Ororo off, his arm still possessively around her waist, leaving a disbelieving Jean to look after them. “What class ya got next?”

“Uhm…Spanish.” Ororo finally managed to say, still stunned at Logan’s words. He nodded and then turned down the hall leading to Spanish class. “Why did you say that to Jean?” She finally asked as they now stood before the Spanish classroom door.

“Cause I wouldn’t go ta heaven if’n I had ta go wit her. And did ya hear how she made it sound, like she was doing me a favor or something.” He answered his anger flaring a bit. Ororo giggled more.

“No, I mean what you said about me, do you not think I get tormented enough by her as it is?”

“I said that cause its tha truth.”

“Oh,” she replied quite shocked. “Logan if I had known, thought you were interested in going with me, you should have said something.”

“Its alright darlin, I aint too keen on getting dressed up all fancy like anyways.”

“Like you would have.” She teased and he laughed. “But really if you had said something earlier, before Kurt, and how did you know Kurt had asked me?”

“He mentioned it this morning, though no one believed him, everyone was saying you were too hot for tha likes of him.” He said and Ororo blushed a deep shade of cinnamon. “Anyway, next time.” He continued as he opened the door for her.

“Next time?” she repeated.

“Our next dance, I’m askin in advance ta go wit me.”

“Oh, but our next dance is prom…”

“I know.” He said and then leaned in and place a soft kiss on her cheek. “I’ll see ya after class, ok.” She simply nodded, unable to speak out of surprise.



Lunchtime




Ororo made her way to where Jubilee stood waving at her like a wild woman. Ororo giggled at her friend, shaking her head slightly. The body that stood next to her and had accompanied her to the cafeteria, now stood watching her as she turned to face him. “There’s Jubes,” Ororo announced the obvious. “Would you care to join us, you’re welcome to…if you want.” She asked in a hurried babble.

“Sure, why not?” Logan said as he threw an evil eye at the table housing the group of teenaged boys that watched them and made kissy faces at Logan. “Just give me a sec, gotta go talk ta tha team about practice this afternoon, ya know remind them.” He spoke in a near growl.

“Ok, I’ll save you a seat.” Ororo said as she made her way across the cafeteria as Logan headed in the opposite direction.





You must login () to review.