Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a little something I cooked up. I'm dying to finish up the season of the Japanese X-men series. I also know the very next villain they should use... this villain has been used in three of the animated X-men series that we cooked up in America. The only one that I can't remember him being in is Evolution. Wanna take a guess? But first a little prologue.
The X-men fought viciously against the Inner Circle. While many were vulnerable to Mastermind's telepathy, Storm was very much invulnerable- so long as she kept in tune with her powers. Emma Frost was also invulnerable as long as she remained in her diamond form. Problem was, her primary power was telepathy, so she couldn't really attack anyone unless she went hand-to-hand.

Storm was just about to shoot a lightning bolt when pain suddenly shot through her head. She missed her target and ended up shooting Wolverine instead. "Hey, Storm," Wolverine called. "Watch it!"

"Sorry!" Storm strained as she tried to concentrate on keeping herself aloft.

Suddenly, she was knocked out of the air, and something fell on top of her.

AP


Emma saw what had happened and tried to catch Wolverine's attention since he was closer than the others. Takeo, the Professor's son, was starting his attack, and they needed to take him out or the world would surely end. "Wolverine!" Wolverine turned from his position to Emma. "Storm's down!"

They both raced to where Storm was, but, when they reached her, lightning was crackling and there was a whimpering sound coming from Storm. Emma, who had not Storm for very long, looked to Wolverine, who shrugged. Emma was definitely confused now, because Wolverine has known Storm for a long time- and she secretly thought that those two might have something for one another. There was definitely a spark between the two.

"Be careful," Beast said as he came over to where they were.

"What's wrong with her, Beast?" Wolverine demanded.

"I can't tell for certain," Beast said, "but it looks like she has claustrophobia."

"What's that?"

"A fear of very small and tight places," Emma answered. "Sometimes it can come naturally to you, other times, it takes a traumatic experience to get it."

"Which one is it?"

"I don't know," Emma said. "I'd have to use my telepathy, but I don't want to intrude on her personal life."

Takeo suddenly screamed. The Professor must've said something he didn't like. Cyclops started their direction. "What's going on?"

"Storm's in distress," Emma said. Lightning suddenly shot out, heading for the nearest conductor. Wolverine had to dodge it. Everyone else gasped. There was a sudden cry, and they all turned to see Hisako Ichiki trying to dodge Takeo's foot. "Hisako!"

"Everyone, get back," Beast ordered as Takeo came closer. Obviously knowing what Beast was talking about, Cyclops took a few steps back from where Storm was, and put his finger against his visor. Takeo was almost to them.

"What are you doing?" Emma demanded.

"If I'm right," Cyclops replied, "then lightning is about to engulf this area. Once that happens, I'll shoot, and then we make our moves."

Takeo managed to take two more steps, right where Storm was, when there was a sudden blood curdling scream, and a flash of white...

AP


Logan was the first to walk toward Storm after Takeo was taken was in a fetal position and others followed.

"Is she going to be okay?" Hisako asked nervously.

"Yes," Emma assured her. "She'll be fine." I hope she added silently.

Professor X sighed as he reached his student. "What's wrong with her, Professor?" Scotto asked.

"Storm is severely claustrophobic," the Professor replied. "It started after a traumatic accident involving her parents. That's all I can give you."

Logan sighed and gently put his hand on her shoulder. "'Ro, it's alright."

Storm gasped as she sat up, then looked down, averting eye contact from anyone that would have seen her like that. She hated her claustrophobia, and hated herself even more when it showed up out of the blue. She avoided talking to anyone on the ride home. No way was she answering questions about what had just happened.


Chapter End Notes:
I really wanted to make sure her claustrophobia was mentioned since it hasn't yet. Edits will be made to this when the next episode appears. Although the claustrophobia will remain.

I added that one Scotto on purpose because that's his name in Japanese :P



You must login () to review.