Baptized with a perfect name
The doubting one by heart
Alone without himself

War between him and the day
Need someone to blame
In the end, little he can do alone


Logan looked out of the cabin area. He enjoyed his seclusion here in Canada. No one to judge him, and no one to mess with him that would cause him to go on the run again. He tries not to think about the cause of him being secluded, but once in awhile, he couldn't help it. He sighed and walked down by the creek, hoping to clear his head. However when he got there, he saw someone on the rocks.

The closer he got, he realized that it was a woman in a white gown, chocolate skin and pure white hair that the angels must've woven into her scalp. He knelt down next to her, and saw blood trailing down her face. He picked her up, bandaging her eyes first, and took her back to the cabin.

He placed her on the bed, and gazed at her. As he caressed her face, he picked up on her natural scent: rain. He got up, but then stopped when she suddenly sat up.

"Where-where am I?" the woman stuttered.

"Relax, darlin'," Logan soothed. "You're injured. I brought you here for some medical treatment."

"Why can't I see anything?" she asked nervously.

"I had to put a bandage over your eyes," Logan replied, guiding her hand to the bandage. "There were scratches there." A drop of blood slid down her face, and Logan caught it in the palm of his hand. Logan thought it might be a tear. "It's alright, darlin'," he said, reaching for the knot behind her head.

With the bandage off, Logan could see that the scratches just missed her eyeball, so there was a definite chance that she would recover. "Keep your eyes closed, darlin'," he said, soaking a rag in warm water and slowly washing the blood away. When he was done, she put a cotton ball in either eye, and then wrapped some gauze around her head. "You're gonna be alright, darlin'," he said, caressing her hair. It swaps so soft. "It's just gonna take time for your eyes to heal; but, you're gonna be just fine."

"Thank you," she whispered.

Logan gently forced her to lay down. "Get some rest, darlin'," he said.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Logan."

"Ororo."

"Nice to meet you, 'Ro." He turned out the light in the bedroom and headed into the kitchen for a beer. My luck must be finally changing... He thought.





You must login () to review.