Disclaimer: I don't own anything except *most* of the story. The Characters belong to Marvel. In other words, don't sue me cuz I'm broke.






Well, Cornelius is dead. Fuckin waste o’guts.

I did it, and it helped to think of everything, everyone I did it for. Well, almost everyone.

Didn’t do it just for me, though.

A lot of it was for me, no shit, right?

Couldn’t let ‘em do it to those poor idiots in there.

Not like they did it to me.

So I guess I did it for them.

Couldn’t let ‘em make ‘em into whatever the fuck I am, to be living weapons, to be killers…..animals…..

So I guess I did it for the greater good.

I did it for everything, everyone, me…..

I did it…..

I did it for her.

Ain’t thought a lot bout her this whole time, won’t let myself do it.

If I did, I’d say fuck it all-

And turn right back around and go to her, leave the past, try to be normal.

So I don't think of her. Not yet, anyhow.

Her eyes.

Her lips.

Her face.

Her smile.

Her scent.

Her...just....HER.

I don’t think about our “date in the petrie dish” as she called it.

Best damn time of my life.

At least I got to apologize for takin so long…..

So long to see her.

To get to her.

Her.

The warrior by my side.

It hurts too much to think of her now.

So I think of everything else.

These goddamn claws. Love ‘em and hate ‘em.

A stiff drink.

Jeannie. I loved ya, darlin’. I did. But fuckin around with the dream made me damn near miss the reality. The reality I found too late and had to leave as soon as I found it. We never woulda made it, cuz ya were meant for him and I was meant for….for Her. And well, Jeannie, I guess we both wasted a lot of good time. Can’t change it now, huh? With you dead and me dyin. But ya came back enough times, hell, maybe I can come back somehow. For her.

Almost there….this shit is heavier on the outside than it was on the inside...fuck.

The wars. Me sittin up against that tree. Wounded and wonderin why I wasn’t dead. Shoulda been with the fire I took. I guess I knew about the claws but hadn’t figured out the healin factor then. The fuckin healing factor that’s gone now, heh.

The school, our students. This world’s fucked up, kiddos, I feel sorry for whatcha walkin into. Never thought I’d be teachin a bunch of mutant nerds. Never thought I’d be any sort of anything. But here I am again, playin the hero. Guess I did this for them, too.

Mariko. I finally, really understand- (ugh- this shit is hardenin’ up- almost there- can see it) I finally understand what it meant for ya. To die for honor, for principle. Maybe if I see ya again we can compare notes. Ya had to leave me and die for your principles and it hurt me so bad, fucked me up for a loooong time, but now, I get it. Whatcha put me through, I’m putting her through. Ya wouldn’t let me help you, I didn’t let her help me. Did ya do this too, in the end? Try not to think of me like I been tryin not to think o’ her? *nnnnh*

But deep down I know, like I told Kitten when she asked me about…..about her.

Me and her,

We’re always gonna be ok.

Ah, shit. I’m s’tired. But I’m here now. I can see it.

This sunset. I can do it now. What I been trying so hard not to do this whole ordeal.

I’ma watch this sunset, and breath my *nnnnnh* last…..and think of her.

My warrior.

My Windrider.

My…..Storm.

My ‘Ro.

Ororo...*nngh*

Enough.





You must login () to review.