"Look, why must we dwell on it. It happened and there is nothing either of us can do to change it, so can we just drop it, please?" She said as she turned to storm off, but a firm hand grasped her arm, stopped her, and then yanked her roughly around.

"Drop it! How tha hell ya s'pose we do that?" He roared, angrier then he had ever been with her or anyone for that matter.

"I have already told you what I think would be the best course of action…"

"Ya aint killin my kid!" He growled as he leaned in closer and glared at her showing his teeth, causing her to simply roll her eyes at him.

"Well, `your kid' is in `my body' and according to the state of New York, I can." She said glaring back at him, her anger now very evident. He released her and roughly ran his fingers through his hair as he moved to an opposite wall to lean against.

"You would really do that?" He asked in the calmest voice she had heard him speak the whole day.

"Would it not be better," She asked lowering her head as she leaned against the wall opposite to his. "Would not a child complicate your life? You could not come and go as you please."

"The reason I go is ta look fer clues as ta who I am, and I've found some. It's not only in search my past but maybe the people in it, ya know family. That's important, even ta me. Now yer telling me I have
family, right here," His eyes fell from hers to rest on her small belly. "But you don't want me ta have it, you wanna kill it."

"No, that is not…" She sighed heavily knowing that that was exactly what she was telling him, and she felt a sudden shame grip her soul. "Logan do you understand what having a child would entail. It is a huge responsibility, one I am not sure either of us are ready for."

"Don't ya think it's a little late in the day ta be worrin about it. Ororo she's here," He pushed himself from the wall and moved to where she stood, and he gently placed his hand across her belly. "She's right here, and she should'n have ta pay fer our night of drunken, horny solace." He said and she smiled a bit in remembrance.

"What makes you so sure it is a she?" Ororo asked as she arched a brow at Logan.

"Well I figer God aint cruel enough ta put a pint size version of me on tha Earth,"

"Oh heaven forbid." Ororo replied giggling. She then looked down to her belly, where Logan's hand possessively lingered. "You hear that Nivea Munroe…"

"Howlett." Logan interjected causing Ororo to look up at him in confusion. "She s'pose ta have my last name right, well its Howlett." She smiled widely at this news.

"Nivea Munroe-Howlett it is then." She said with a sweet smile.

"Now that that's settled when ya wanna get hitched?" Logan asked folding his arms across his chest, waiting for the `new' argument he knew was coming.




"I do not see the point." She spoke as they moved into the kitchen, where he maneuvered her into a seat and then headed to the fridge and pulled out some orange juice.

"Cause I aint havin nobody callin her a bastard cause we aint married." He stated as he poured her a tall glass of juice, which she happily took.

"And here I was thinking that you got married when you loved someone, and they loved you in return." She said rolling her eyes as she took a sip of her juice.

"Yeah that's part of it, but sometimes things happen that force yer hand. And I love ya Ro, ya know that."

"Yes, but in a little sister way, or a wife who shall share your bed every night kind of way?"

"Well," He sat across from, looking to be in deep thought. "If'n you had asked me that three and a half weeks ago before New Orleans, I'd have said in a sister kind of way, but now." He grinned devilishly as
he opening ran his eyes over her body, wiggling his brow at her.

"Oh please Logan it was one night."

"Yeah, one memorable night. Are ya gonna sit there and deny that ya don't remember how terrific it was. Hell I was drunk off my ass and I remember ever instance."

"I admit it was…memorable in deed," She answered her cheeks turning crimson. "Having an incredible sex life does not a marriage make."

"Hell I know that darlin…incredible huh?" He chuckled and she blushed harder. "Look, we've got tha foundation; love and yeah I know it aint the `Gone with the Wind' romantic crap, but it's real and genuine. We
also have trust and honesty; it's why I'm closer ta you then anyone else."

"Yes and in approximately thirty-seven weeks we shall have a baby." She added in a defeated tone and he knew he had worn her down.

"See, plenty of time to plan and have a wedding."

"Wait you want to have a big wedding?" Ororo asked nearly choking on the juice in her mouth as she stared, stunned at Logan.

"Hell yeah, you think I'm gonna let one-eye and Jeannie show us up. Hell naw, I'm gonna get you the biggest ring I can find and were gonna have a huge shindig."

"Yes and what will people say, I mean what about `Jeannie'?" Ororo asked purposely using the pet name he had given Jean. Logan inwardly kicked himself, knowing he had just stepped into it, and just when he thought they were home free.

“Ro I don’t give a fuck about what people will say, even Jean. She’s Scott’s girl…”

“Scott’s wife.” Ororo corrected.

“Right, I get that now. I finally got it that night in New Orleans, which is why I got plastered and…”

“Yes, I was there I remember,” Ororo said cutting him off. “So is it out of your system, are you over it…Jean I mean.” Ororo asked as she avoided his eyes.

“Yeah I am, and you played a major part in that. After havin you I couldn’t remember what it was that I saw in Jeannie. In all honesty, my thing fer Jean had a lot more ta do wit pissin One-eye off then anything else.” Ororo giggled at this.

“Well I think it was a mission accomplish then, for you truly do piss Scott off.”

“Well, I’m guessin he’ll have an aneurysm when he learns about us.”

“You are right, he may. He has always been the protective older brother, it was he and I even before there was a Jean. Oh he had his crush on me in the beginning, but I told him he was not my type, and then Jean came and the rest is history.”

“Oh, see now I can’t wait ta tell him.” Logan said as he then turned to leave.

“Where are you going?” Ororo questioned.

“Ta find One-eyed.”




8 weeks

“OK how about peach?” The red head asked as she leafed through the bridal magazine.

“Mmhmhhhmm.” Was the reply she got from her friend who sat across from her with her hand buried in a peanut butter jar.

“Oh I know how about pea green, or bright orange?” Jean continued as she watched her friend who was totally ignoring her.

“Sounds good.” Ororo replied now with her brow bunch in concentration and her tongue stuck out as she dug her hand in the jar further, trying to retrieve the cracker she had dropped in the nearly empty jar.

“Storm, you’re not even listening to me.” Jean said as she slapped the magazine closed. “This is your wedding and you act like you don’t care if you and Logan walk down the isle naked.

“Well, it would save us a lot of money and it is maintenance free.” Ororo said.

“Funny, come on Ro we still have a lot to do if you want to get married before the baby’s born.”

“I am not the one in a rush here, and I truly could care less who wears what and in what color. None of it matters so long as when it is all said and done I am Mrs. Howlett. And I did not ask you to do all this, you volunteered remember?”

“I know but you helped me with my wedding and I wanted to do the same, but if you don’t want me to help,” Jean said a bit hurt as she slowly stood and Ororo cursed herself for barking at her best friend.

“No, Jean I am sorry. Forgive me my friend, hormones.” Ororo explained away. “Please, I would very much like your help, if you still want to give it.” Jean smiled at this as she sat back down and grabbed the Bridal Magazine again, leafing through it. “Lavender.” Ororo said causing Jean to look at her in confusion. “That is the color I want for the Bride’s maids dresses, Lavender.”

“Great! Now any ideas about the flowers?”

“Surprise me, Aha!” Ororo exclaimed as she finally grabbed and then popped the aloof cracker from the jar and then into her mouth.

“What does Logan have to say about all of this, I should talk with him too.”

“No problem, I shall get him, I am out of crackers anyway.” Ororo said but made no attempts at getting out of her seat. “LOGAN!” She yelled at the top of her lung and in mere seconds the man she was calling was standing in the doorway, claws out, teeth showing, ready to pounce on whoever had caused his woman to scream like she had. “There you are, what took you so long. I am out of crackers.” Ororo said with a slight pout as she looked up at the man, who looked at her as if she had lost her mind. “Oh and Jean wants to talk to you about the wedding.” Logan then turned to Jean.

“Yes I did but I was quiet willing to go find you myself.” Jean said as she glared at Ororo. “Anyway…”

“Wait, before you start, Logan could you get me some more crackers please, the baby’s hungry.”

“Tha baby’s always hungry,” Logan grumbled under his breath as he popped back in his claws and turned to make his way to the kitchen. Soon after Ororo announce their pregnancy she had gotten strange craving and at the oddest times, and Logan indulged her and gave into her every whim and demand, even going out into the wee hours.

“Oh and Logan,” Ororo called him again and he shot her a glared over his shoulder. “Could you bring some marshmallows too, Ohhh and olives the black ones. The green ones give me heart burn.” Both Logan and Jean made a disgusted face at her. “What? The baby wants it.” Logan turned his full attention to Jean.

“How long does a normal pregnancy usually last?” He asked the red head.

“About 40 weeks.” She answered with a giggle.

“Great just 32 more weeks…32 more weeks,” He said as he headed out of the room for the kitchen.




16 weeks

“She will not,”

“Yes she will,”

“No.”

“I am afraid so.”

“Naw, she aint gonna look a thing like me, I told you God aint that cruel.”

“Logan, you have very attractive features and traits that I pray our daughter possesses.”

“Oh yeah, like what?” He asked as he lay back, his head resting on one of his arms, as the other arm wrapped possessively around Ororo’s slightly swollen middle. As they both gently rocked in the hammock, Logan had placed it out in the garden for Ororo a couple of months before hand.

“Well, I hope she has your hair, the color not the texture, I do not wish to wrestle with such a wild mane on a daily basis. I want her to have your beautiful gray eyes, your loyalty, and honesty though I hope she’s a little less brutal with it.” He chuckled at this. “But most importantly I hope and pray she has your healing factor, that way no illness will ever harm her. And what about you, have you pictured what she will look like?” Ororo asked as she lifted her head off of his chest as so to look up at him.

“Yeah, I picture a pint size version of you, a little Goddess.”

“You picture me?” Ororo asked, rolling her eyes as she settled back down on his chest. “You have no imagination.”

“I just know what I like, what I want.” This confession startled Ororo a bit and she looked back up at him.

“And you want our daughter to look like me?”

“Yeah…I want her to be a breathtaking beauty.” He said matter of fact, stunning Ororo into silence. “Whoa!” Logan spoke bolting up a bit, nearly throwing them both to the grass.

“What?” Ororo questioned his sudden outburst.

“Did ya feel that?” He asked and Ororo nervously looked about their surroundings. “Did it hurt?” This question and his hand coming to rest over her belly, invoked the realization of what he was asking.

“No,” She giggled at the question. “No it never hurts, but I feel it every time she moves, I guess I have grown use to it. Oh Goddess, I have been feeling her move for some time now and I never even thought to share it with you, I am sorry Logan, Here.” She grasped his hand and moved it from the front of her belly to the side, and then watched, as Logan’s eyes grew wider.

“And that don’t hurt you?” He asked looking at her in concern.

“Not at all, though at time it can be uncomfortable, it is never painful.”

“I think we’ve got a little soccer player in there,” Logan chuckled again as he stared in amazement at her belly.

“Feels more like the entire Soccer team sometimes.” Ororo said playfully. “Logan, are you ok?” She asked wondering about his sudden serious gaze.

“This is us,” He said as he rubbed his hand across her belly. “A little you and me, A little life that’s gonna be relying on us fer everything.”

“Does that idea scare you?”

“Naw, it don’t, it feels right and that’s what scares me. I’ve been running away fer so long, now I don’t ever want ta leave again.”

“Is that a good thing or a bad thing?”

“I don’t know darlin, but its something new.”

“Ororo!” A voice called out and Ororo groaned and slid down a bit as if trying to hide.

“Oh Goddess, please do not let her find me, please.” Ororo pleaded.

“There you are, I’ve been looking all over for you.” Jean said as she appeared beneath the cascading branches of the willow tree that had been sheltering Logan and Ororo.

“Thanks for nothing Goddess.” Ororo mumbles and Logan chuckled. “Jean I have been right here most of the afternoon.”

“Yes, but how would anyone know that, honesty Logan why in the world would you put the hammock here where no one could see you?”

“What, your mother never told you bout the birds and bees?” Logan asked earning him a giggle from Ororo and a confused look from Jean, who then turned beet red as she realized what he was implying.

“Ro, the wedding is in less then a week, and you still haven’t picked out your dress yet. Also there are the flowers and caterers. So much we still have to do.”

“Correction, so much ‘you’ still have to do, only thing I am obligated to is saying I do. And look at me I am almost as big as a house, I think I shall have to go naked for fear nothing will fit me.”

“Ok, now why does that thought arouse and anger me all at tha same time?” Logan added gaining him eye rolls from both ladies.

“Because you are a man.” Ororo replied.

“Come on you,” Jean spoke as she reached down and grasped Ororo’s hands, helping her up as Logan gently pushed her from behind. “At the rate you’re moving on this wedding you’ll have the baby first.”

“And why not, we have an unconventional pregnancy, why not have an unconventional wedding as well.”

“Cause my kid aint gonna be labeled a bastard.” Logan answered as he accompanied the ladies back to the mansion.

“Your kid, what am I an incubator? Honestly Logan shall I have any say in this child up bringing or am I to hand it over to you as soon as it is born? Your Kid.” Ororo said before gripping her stomach and crumbling to the ground in pain. “Ahhhh…uhhhgg!”




“So what’s the deal Hank?” Logan asked as Henry McCoy re-entered the lab. “Is she gonna be ok?”

“Well, I had to take it out, I know that she didn’t wish me to in the hopes that it would come out naturally, but I really had no choice.”

“She’s stopped bleedin.”

“Yes, and I had to put in a couple of stitches to close her up.”

“Can I go in ta see her now?”

“Yes, I left her to say her goodbyes, I shall return after lunch, so take your time.” McCoy said before leaving. Logan made his way towards the closed medic room door. He slowly opened the door and peeked in.

“Hey.”

“Hello, Logan you can come in.” Ororo said as she lay back in the bed. “Look at it, it is so tiny. How could something so small cause me to bleed so badly?”

“Flesh wound, their bleeders.” Logan said as he plopped down beside her taking the small item from her hand. “You do know you can’t be walkin around bare feet anymore. You gave me a good scare.”

“I am sorry.”

“I thought…” He paused not wanting to say what he had feared.

“You thought that something was wrong with the baby. Logan I am truly sorry I frighten you so.”

“Well tha way ya screamed and grabbed at yer belly.”

“Well in my defense, my belly was really the only thing I could reach.” She said with a slight pout. “And yes I shall wear shoe at all times, from now on. I do not wish to have anymore glass in my feet. I did not know you were the squeamish type Logan, why did you not come in with me?”

“Sorry darlin, it’s not that I’m squeamish or didn’t want ta be wit ya. It’s just that I got scared, even though I could see that tha blood was comin from yer feet, I still was afraid. I’m sorry.” They grew quiet for a moment before Logan reached out and grasped her hand, surprising her. “Ro,” Logan said in seriousness and Ororo waited for him to continue. “While I was waitin outside, I did a lot of thinkin, and fer a moment there I tried picturing my life witout tha baby, and it hurt. Hurt a lot, more then I thought it would, but then I started picturing it witout you, and I couldn’t. Don’t rightly know when that happened; when ya’ve become such an important part of my life, but ya are, and I don’t want that ta change, even if something were ta happen ta tha baby. What I’m tryin ta say is, Ororo will ya marry me?” Logan asked as he held up his pinky finger which had a 5 carat solitaire, marquise cut diamond engagement ring, and Ororo gasped not only at Logan’s endearing words but at the stunning ring.




“Goddess this is insane.” She whispered for the umpteenth time.

“Darlin, I think yer s’pose ta say I do.” Logan said with a chuckle as he and Ororo stood before the Justice of the Peace.

“Oh…sorry, I do.”

“Then by the power invested in me, and the state of New York, I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss your bride.” At that Logan grasped Ororo, quickly yanking her to him and dipping her back a bit, invoking a giggle from her. He then leaned in slowly and placed a sweet sensual kiss on her mouth. After a few moments and a couple of grunts from Rogue and Bobby, the two newlyweds pulled apart.

“Oh my Gosh, Ahm so happy fer you two. congratulations!” Rogue exclaimed as she pulled Ororo into a tight embrace.

“Thank you Marie and you too Bobby for being our witnesses.” Ororo said as she pulled back.

“No problem, but yer gonba have to tell Jean. Boy is she gonna be upset.”

“Yes she most definitely will, which is why I shall have my big brave husband tell her.” Ororo said smiling while batting her lashes at Logan.

“I’ll tell her, sure she’ll be pissed, but it aint like she can do a damn thing about it.” Logan said folding his arms across his chest.




“So how did she take it?” Ororo asked as she came upon Logan who was standing outside the study. He reached behind him and opened the door.

“After all the planning!” CRASH! “And I already sent out invitations!” BOOM! Logan again closed the door.

“That well.”

“She’ll get over it.”

“So,”

“So?”

“I’m Mrs. Howlett now,” Ororo announced as if she were speaking about someone else. “Ororo Munroe-Howlett, it shall take some getting use to.”

“But it has a nice ring to it.” Logan said from his spot leaning on the doorframe.

“Yes, a very nice ring.” Ororo said jokingly holding up her hand and wiggling her fingers, displaying her sparkles.

“I was thinkin it would probably be best if I moved in yer room, it’s twice as big as mine, plenty of room fer when tha baby comes. At least until I finish tha house, out on tha back property.”

“House?”

“Well yeah, were a family now and I didn’t think ya’d want ta leave the mansion so I asked Chuck if I could build us a little place out back, he agreed. I already have some plans worked out. Nothing fancy a three bedroom, ya know incase we give half pint a little brother or sister.” Logan said and before a stunned Ororo could comment, Scott had arrived.

“So what the hell have you done now Logan, the Professor told me that Jean was upset, and I figured you had something to do with it. Where is she and what did you do?”

“She is in the study and Logan did nothing, we simply got married, which is quite legal for two consenting adults to do.” Scott’s mouth fell open at this.

“Uh…Congratulations, if you’re sure this is what you want I’m truly happy for you Ororo.” Scott said as he hugged his oldest friend. “Are you sure?” He whispered in her hear in vain, since Logan could hear him and let him know it by growling.

“Yes Scott I am sure.” Ororo said smiling as Scott released her and moved to the door, opening it and stepping aside in time, before an ashtray flew by and shattered against a far wall.

“Come on darlin let’s leave the two lovebirds, anyways I need you ta tell me where I can put my stuff. Wanna get it all done before bedtime.”

“Bedtime…right because now we shall be sharing a bed.” Ororo said nervously as they headed towards the stairs. “Because we are newlyweds.” She added with a forced smile as reality began to settle in her mind, knowing that the night would most likely entail them consummating their marriage.





You must login () to review.