Author's Chapter Notes:
A short Christmas time Rolo fic.
I don't own still so please don't hate me and sue
"Really Jean, I don't see why we have to be subjected to another year of unnecessary torture wandering the stores trying to find a gift for someone, who in the end will only let it sit in the back of a closet collecting dust." Scott complained, as he sat down in a wingback chair in the largest of the three libraries in the mansion.

"Dear, just because you would rather buy savings bonds and call it a gift, for every and all special occasions, Christmas time is a time to open your heart as well as your wallet and the perfect opportunity to show someone how you feel about them and the joy they bring into your life." Jean said, as she flashed a toothy grin at Scott and continued writing names on strips of paper.

He wasn't going to win and he knew it, so he sat staring into the blazing fire in the fireplace silently sulking and fuming, that the jerk off Wolverine better not get his name this year.

"Whatever sweetheart." he griped, under his breath as he sipped his hot spiced cider, smiling at the taste, then remembering he was supposed to be grumpy.

Ororo and Jean exchanged knowing smiles, as Ororo offered Hank a large mug of the aromatic concoction.

"Come, come my boy, tis the season to be jolly, with peace and goodwill to all is it not." Hank said, reaching for the mug, with a wink to Ororo.

Dark eyes from a position at the fireplace mantle, squinted tight with annoyance, at the innocent wink, given to Storm.

"I find the hustle and bustle of the season most invigorating and joyous," Hank continued, " the air is permeated with..."

"Bullshit." said Logan, stuffing one hand into his denim jean pocket.

"Logan, must you use such language?! Just because you do not see the merits of the season as others, does not mean it should be ridiculed and ruined by cynicism. I for one thoroughly enjoy the holiday." Ororo offered, trying to diffuse the cantankerous mood that was attempting to prevail against their annual Christmas gift name drawing.

"Surely Logan, as one with such an enhanced sense of smell, I would think that you can appreciate the odors of euphoria that most people emit at this time. Not to mention the succulent aromas drifting from the kitchen, along with the smell of fresh pine and crisp snow that come to the forefront most everywhere you go." Charles said, with a light chuckle, enjoying the rapport between the different personalities of his eclectic family.

"Yeah Chuck, I still smell bullsh.." Logan paused after glancing at Storm, who now had her arms crossed over her chest, in obvious challenge. "Ah hell." he mumbled.

Remy could not help, but to outright laugh at the sight of the great Wolverine cowed by a single look from his souer. The woman had more power than just the control of the weather and they all knew it. "Look like da Wolverine learn ta be a willin' participant in da holiday, no." he said, as laughter took hold of him, as well as quite a few others in the room.

Logan slowly scanned the room exposing his fangs to them all, except for Ororo, who still looked at him with a mimic of his oft present raised brow.

Jubilee burst another bubble gum bubble and blurted out rapidly strung sentences, "Can we please just get to the name drawing, it's a lot of work to crawl the mall for the perfect gift as a Secret Santa. The stores are not gonna shop themselves. This sh.., stuff is not to be taken lightly people, come on times a wasting."

"Yeah...pretty much what she said," joined Rogue, "we don't wantta miss out on dah best loot sugahs, so could we all just stop bein' Gloomy Gus's and get this show on the road, so we can hot foot it tah unload some cash."

"Dang girl, what generation are you from?" Jubilee sat looking at her as if she was an alien with two heads.

"Do shut up yah reject frem a skittles rainbow." Rogue fired back, looking at Jubilees colorful outfit.

"Better that than a language challenged, geographically misplaced, eighteenth century escapee to the present, in need of a new hair do, Wolvie crushin'..."

"Enough!" Logan barked, with a marked scowl crossing his face.

"Sorry Logan." both Rogue and Jubilee spoke in unision as two well chastened children.

Jean walked over to Ororo and whispered, "Looks like someone wants lumps of coal this year in lieu of presents."

"Not to worry dear sister, this is an on going show to see who favors the most attention from our Wolverine."

"Oh my," cried Jean, "do we dare join the contest sweetie?"

"Thanks, but no thanks, I'm not into vying for or sharing the loves in my life." said Ororo.

Three heads around the room turned sideways, picking up the conversation between the two beauties. Neither one acknowledging their eavesdropping.

"Ladies, I think it's time to begin our honored tradition." said Charles.

That said everyone there took turns picking names from the bowl Jean had placed on the desk. No one spoke a word as to whom they had chosen.

With a toast Hank heartily bellowed, "Let the season begin."

All raised cups, with shouts of, Merry Christmas and here, here.

"Come on yah ol' swamp rat, we're in need of a driver." said Rogue as she and Jubilee pulled Remy up from his comfortable seat next to Ororo, dragging him towards the door.

Remy extended his one free arm beseeching help, while his red on black eyes scanned the room for assistance, before the door slammed shut on his fate.

The remaining occupants of the library gave a collective sigh of relief that it wasn't them that the endless bundles of energy had hauled off, right before Logan threw his head back and laughed at Remy's plight. Everyone else soon joining in.









Chapter End Notes:
ehh, review if ya want to



You must login () to review.