Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is mostly written by Shadowmaster with my half towards the end.
Ororo woke up with a headache. She couldn't remember what had happened, but she knew it was bad. As she looked around, she began to panic. She was in a cell, not just any cell a really small cell. Ororo tried to stand up, but she hit her head on the roof. She started backing away, and then tripped over something.

"Rowan!" Ororo cried out. She crawled over to her wolf, "Rowan are you okay?"

Rowan began to stir. "Uh… Ororo? What happened?" Rowan asked. "I don't know, but it's not good."

Rowan got a good look at the cell then gave Ororo a worried look, "Ororo are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Ororo told her mentally.

Rowan knew she was lying, she was shaking and she had a lot of fear in her eyes. I hope she's going to be okay. Rowan thought.

A door opened at the other end of the hallway. Two men of the FoH members came towards the cell.

Ororo, what does F.O.H stand for? Rowan asked. It means 'Friends of Humanity' they're out to destroy all mutants, in fact I'm surprised they haven't done anything to us.

Don't bet on that. Rowan said.

"Good, you're up." One said with an evil smile. "What do you want?" Ororo asked.

"You." Replied the other man. He opened the cell door to grab Ororo, but Rowan jumped in the way. "Uh un. You're not taking her anywhere." Rowan said.

"Or what? You'll turn into a big bad wolf and bite my head off."

I'm REALLY considering that. Rowan thought. "Maybe I will."

"Go ahead and try." Said the man.

Rowan tried to transform but nothing happened. "What?" Rowan asked.

"We're not stupid. As you can see you don't have any powers. We didn't want you two to escape so we built a little present for you." Said the man.

He jumped at Rowan. He tackled her to the ground. "Not so tough now are you puppy?" He said as he held her to the ground. "Now grab the chick." He ordered.

The other man walked over to Ororo and grabbed her by the arm. In return she kicked him in the knee. He let go of Ororo to tend to his hurting knee.

"Run Ororo!" Screamed Rowan. Ororo didn't want to leave Rowan. "But what about you?" she asked. "Don't worry about me and run!" She yelled back.

The other man had recovered. He jumped on Ororo and then both landed on the floor.

"At least take her out of the cell so I can help, Joe!" yelled the man that was holding Rowan.

Joe did as he was told. He rolled onto his back and kicked Ororo through the doorway. "Happy Bill?" Joe replied. "yes now go." Before Bill let go of Rowan, he leaned down close to her ear. "Listen to me, if you make any move when I get up, I'm going to shoot her, then Joe will shoot her to make sure she dies. Understand?" He said. Rowan was at a loss for words. "Yes." She said. He knew she was defeated.

He got up and walked over to the door, slammed it shut, and went to help Joe. Rowan ran over to watch them. You better not harm her. Rowan thought.

Ororo was still putting up a fight. "GET OFF OF ME!" she yelled as she tried to throw Joe off. Joe just smiled. "Bill. A little help here" Joe asked. Ororo was close to getting him off of her. But before she could finally push him off, everything went black.

"No! You said you wouldn't hurt her!" Rowan yelled. Bill turned around, "I said I wouldn't shoot her, and I didn't. I kicked her in the head. There is a difference." He said. Joe threw the unconscious Ororo over his shoulder and they walked out of the room.

X

"Uh. What happened?" Isabel asked. Everyone was waking up.

"Is everyone okay?" asked the Professor.

"I'm good." Said Hawk.
"Me too." Damien and Logan said at the same time.

"We're okay too." Said the twins.

"Wait?" Damien said as he looked around, "where's mom and Rowan?"

"And the Brotherhood's gone too. That's just great." Hawk said.

Professor used his telepathy to reach out to Ororo. "I can't get through, so either she's unconscious or." He didn't want to finish the last part.

"Don't worry kid, she's not here." Logan said. "those FoH punks took her, and they're easy to beat." Logan said.

"What does F.O.H stand for?" Anabel asked.

"It means 'Friends of Humanity' my dear. They're a group of humans who hate mutants."

"Oh. Well then, if they hate mutants, shouldn't we hurry up and find them?" Isabel asked.

"Yea, I'm going now." Damien said. "I'll come too." Hawk said.

"Are you sure?" Damien said.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I be sure?" Hawk said.

"Okay you two start looking. Everybody else, let's go home. We need to deal with Magneto."

X

Ororo woke up with an even larger headache this time. I swear, the next person who knocks me out is getting a lightning bold down their throat. Ororo thought.

She wasn't in her cell anymore, she realized, she was on the floor in front of some man. He was just staring at her. Then she remembered who he was.

"Creed." Ororo growled.

"No my dear Ororo, you're wrong." The man knelt down. His eyes were black. "Shadow king." Ororo whispered. "Ha! You've got it my dear! After our little, mishap, at the Manson, I found a new host. He just happened to have all these followers."

"Oh shut it. What do you want?" Ororo said.

"I want you to join me." He said.

"Never. I'd rather die than join you." She retorted.

"Fine then, by the time this is over, you'll wish you were dead." He gave her an evil smile. He snapped his fingers and Joe and Bill came back.

Great, you two again. Ororo thought. They picked her up and took her back to the cells. Instead of putting her in the cells, they strapped her arms to the wall. Well, this is SO much better.

They left. "Ororo. Are you okay? Did what did he want? Did they hurt you?" Rowan asked frantically.

"Slow down. I'm fine. Shadow king wants me to join him. And no they didn't hurt me." Ororo said calmly. She didn't mention what Shadow king had told her.

X

"Hawk, have you gotten anything yet?" Damien asked.

"For the last time, I will tell you when I get something." Hawk snapped. Sky, have you gotten anything yet? Hawk asked Sky.

No Hawk, I'm looking but I don't see anything. Maybe Isis has something. Sky replied.

Isis, have you found anything?

Actually, I just did. I got Ororo's scent and Rowans. It looks like they were here. I'm going to keep following the trail. I'll tell you when I find them. Isis said.

"Okay," Hawk looked at Damien, "Isis found their scents, and she's going to look for them. Okay?"

"Yea." Damien said.

"Look," Hawk said as they continued across the terrain. "What has gotten into you? You act like I'm the one who caused all of this trouble. You also practically demand Storm's attention every time I'm with her."

"You take up all of her time," Damien said.

"Damien," Hawk said rolling her eyes. "I have more powers than anyone else at the mansion. I need to learn to control them. My telepathy isn't under control yet, it still wonders at night. Storm is helping me with that a bit. She also helps me with my emotions, and manipulating the weather. I don't try to get all of her attention, some of it yeah. She's like a sister to me. But don't think that I try to keep her away from you, and please just quit thinking that I'm trying to compete with you for her attention."

Damien sighed. "Alright."

"Good. Now that that's over, the destination point should be somewhere over that hill."

X

About an hour later, Bill and Joe came back. Shadow king came back too.

"This is your last chance my dear, are you going to join?" He asked.

"No." Ororo growled.

"Huh. Such a waste of talent. Bill, Joe, you know what to do. But I don't want her killed. Understand me?" Shadow king asked.

Both Bill and Joe nodded their heads in agreement.

"Good, have fun." Shadow king left.

Bill and Joe brought up a table. They laid out their 'toys'.

"So girly. I'll tell you what. If you give the leader what he wants, we'll go easy on you." Bill said in a rough voice.

"I will never join him. You don't even know who he is doing you?" Ororo asked.

"He's our leader and that's all we need to know." Joe said.

"He's a mutant. Or at least he's being controlled-" Before Ororo could finish her sentence, she was punched in the stomach. She refused to scream. That's what he would want to hear.

"Don't," Bill stuck his finger in Ororo's face, "you ever compare him to the filthy scum you are. You're lucky he told us to keep you alive, otherwise you'd be dead right now."

"Well, I'd rather be dead than look at your ugly faces." Ororo said. She knew she hit a nerve, because Joe continued to punch her in the same spot repeatedly. He did it for about five minutes. Ororo was pretty sure that he had bruising if not a couple broken ribs.

Ororo knew it wasn't over, yet. "Do you wanna say something about my face again?" He said.

"Yea, it's ugly." Ororo smiled.

*Smack* Joe slapped her across the face. He turned her head towards him. "You're gonna pay." He said. He pushed Ororo's head back into the wall multiple times.

When she was about to lose consciousness, Bill held something under her nose. When she breathed it in, she began to cough.

"Uh uh. You ain't gonna miss out on this fun."

Joe returned to his spot in front of Ororo. He had rings on this time. One on each finger. They weren't small either. Joe punched Ororo in her ribs. She heard the *crack* clearly. She let out a yelp of pain, but held back the tears.

Rowan walked to the edge of her cage and seen Ororo. "What are you doing?" Rowan yelled.

"Having fun. Now shut it." Bill said.

Joe picked what looked like a knife, and stabbed Ororo in the arm. "Stop it!" Rowan cried.

"Nah. I'm having too much fun." Joe said.

"Well It's my turn." Bill said. He pulled the knife out of Joe's hands and lashed out at Ororo. For a moment Rowan thought he missed, but she seen the blood being to trickle down Ororo's cheek.

Bill put down the knife. Rowan breathed a sigh of relief.

Bill turned toward Rowan, "this is for you." He quickly grabbed the knife and stabbed Ororo in the stomach.

Ororo couldn't hold in the scream this time, she let it out. Hearing it made Rowan's heart break. Ororo still would not cry.

Just then, Shadow king came back. "What is going on down here?" He yelled.

"Just doing as you ordered sir." Bill replied. Shadow king looked at Ororo, and seen the stab wound in her stomach. "What are you thinking? You IDIOTS! If you stab her in the stomach, she'll bleed to death!" He screamed. He grabbed a roll of gauze and wrapped it around her stomach.

"What do you say Ororo, want to change your mind? It will stop." He asked kindly.

Ororo considered it. If I join him, he'll kill my friends. And I can't have that.

"Never." She spat.

"Bill, Joe, this is how you get a prisoner to break." He said. He turned to Ororo and jammed his fist in her stomach, but Ororo was ready. She didn't scream, and fought back the tears.

Just then Shadow king turned around to Bill and Joe.

"Boys, we've got some visitors" Was all Ororo heard before she lost consciousness.

X

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Damien asked. He looked around. It was an old abandoned warehouse.

"Yes." Hawk said.

Isis had led them here. She had faith that Isis wouldn't let them down.

Hawk heard footsteps from behind them, but she was too late. She turned around just in time to see two men shoot Damien with another sleeping dart.

This is just great. Hawk thought as she was shot too.

"Sir, yea we've got them." Radioed Bill.

X

Hawk tried to melt the bars again, but, again, it didn't work. The metal was made out of adamantium. Supposedly indestructible. Damien was in the cell with her, which was just wonderful, considering he was blaming her for this. The others in cells across form and on either side of them. "Stupid son of a gun dirt bags," she muttered. She turned to see Damien glowering at her. "You know you could help instead of sitting there and pouting like a four year old girl who just lost her favorite doll."

That deepened the glare. "This is your fault you know," he muttered. "You could've stopped it."

That was it. "Look, just because I have more powers and am more powerful than you does not mean I can do or stop everything."

The doors opened then, and the guards dragged two things in. Hawk hustled into a corner and sat beside Damien, to give off the impression that they were behaving like good little children. Isis was lying on the opposite wall. The guards opened their cell doors and dumped Storm into their cell with a grunt from her. Then they dumped Rowan- Damien's wolf- right after her. Hawk dashed forward toward Storm while Damien and Isis went to Rowan. "Storm!"

The guards, with F.O.H. written on their T-shirts, started laughing. Hawk looked up with a glare. "Freaks," one of them muttered. That got a growl, bark, and snarl from Isis. They hustled away after that. Storm came to a few minutes later.

"Hawk?" Storm asked sitting up. Hawk helped steady her.

"It's alright Storm," Hawk assured her. "You're here with me and Damien."

The doors opened again. How long were they going to keep this up?

Turns out, it was just lunch time. Everyone knew that the food was horrible, so they slid it over to the wolves, who would eat anything; but Hawk would hear their complaints on how they would at least show the decency to make some good food like McDonald's.

When the doors opened again, the saw that their entire team was being brought in. Surprised, Hawk and Damien went to their doors. Kitty and Rogue were placed in the cell on their right and the twins on the left. Logan was placed by himself for some reason in the cell across from them. Kai and Angel were placed next to him on the right, Iceman and Colossus on the left. Magma and Dazzler were just beyond the twins. "How did you guys get in here?" Hawk asked.

"Don't ask," Isabelle said. "They caught us just before we reached the Blackbird."

"So, then, how did we beat you?"

"Logan's a little heavy." Annabelle replied.

Everyone, but Logan-who was scowling- giggled.

Suddenly, the doors opened again, this time, three people came in. One was fat and had a grayish beard and glasses. Everyone tensed. The twins, Damien and Hawk were the only ones who didn't know who that was. He turned to their cell and the two guards stepped forward. "Alright, prisoner swap,"One of them said. Hawk and Damien stepped back. The gray-beard came in also, and headed for Storm. Before Hawk could do anything, he grabbed her and twisted her arm, so that she gasped in pain. The other guards went for Isis and Rowan.

"Make any move," Gray-beard said, "and I will break her pretty little neck."

Hawk, Damien, and the wolves backed down. The guards took the wolves and placed them in Logan's cell. Hawk's face had a disgusted look on it. "Snake," she muttered.





You must login () to review.