Author's Chapter Notes:
Little inspiration from the original Bittersweet by Navar12 on Fanfiction.
Storm looked up at her husband next to her. Sunshine was coming through the windows, lighting up their room. "Hey," she said.

"Hey," he replied. "Made ya breakfast."

"Thanks," she said sitting up. She looked at her clock and saw that she had half an hour to get to the school she was teaching at. About six months ago, the government had shut down the Xavier institute. Most of the students were forced to go home; some went back to playing thief on the streets, and others played hitchhiker to survive. Storm and Logan, already being married, went up to Canada to live in Logan's cabin. Storm was able to get a job back at the school nearby, and Logan found out just before their wedding that he used to be a lumberjack, so he managed to get one as a lumberjack again.

After breakfast, Storm took a quick shower and saw that she had fifteen minutes left before school started. Logan stopped her by the door and kissed her. "Logan," Storm said giggling. "I'm running late."

"It only takes you ten minutes to get there," Logan said. "You can give me five minutes."

"And then five minutes will turn into ten minutes," Storm countered, "and ten minutes will turn into all day. And I still need to set up for my lesson." She broke it off, then gave him one more kiss on the cheek. "I'll see you later."

"You bet you will."

Storm laughed as she sneaked her keys out of his pocket.

When Logan checked it for the keys, he groaned. Storm was halfway to the garage when he did and jangled the keys in front of him. "You really need to work on your pick pocketing skills. It takes a thief to fool a thief."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah."

Storm laughed.

CW

As Storm arrived at the school, she had five minutes to spare and set up her class room. Plus the extra seven it took for kids to get to class. As she got out though, she looked over her shoulder. She had the sneaky feeling that she was being watched. When no one was there, she shook it off. Paranoia. When she reached her classroom, she just barely managed to finish setting up before the first bell.

CW

Out in the forest behind the school, someone watched the goddess. Her scent to him was so intoxicating, he couldn't resist it. She should have been his right from the beginning. She should have screamed when he asked her. Of course, had she done that three years ago, she would be dead. It took him over six months to track them down again. When he saw her, he smiled. He was finally going to get what he wanted.





You must login () to review.