Logan held his daughter in his arms. Storm, his wife, was asleep; exhausted after eight hours of labor. Logan smiled at the knowing fact that this was his child.

The infirmary doors opened, and Jean walked in. She, Scott, and Nightcrawler were sent on a mission, and apparently just got back. Jean stopped dead when she saw Logan holding a tiny bundle. "Hi, Jean," he said.

"H-hello, Logan," Jean stammered. "I see Storm's had her child."

Logan nodded happily. "She's a beauty, ain't she? Just like her mother."

Jean nodded out of politeness. "Well, I better go," she said, turning to leave.

"You're not gonna stay until Storm wakes?" Logan asked, curious about Jean's behavior. Usually she and Storm would talk for hours.

Jean shook her head. "I have some things I have to do."

Logan nodded as she walked off. He walked around with Zahra for a few minutes, until Storm started to stir. Logan walked over to her bedside and sat next to her. Storm woke up completely then, and smiled when she saw her husband and their daughter.

"Hey," she said tiredly.

"Hey," he replied. "How're ya feelin'?"

"Tired," Storm groaned. "How's she doing?" She asked, eying her daughter.

"Asleep for now."

Storm nodded, then Logan handed Zahra over to her. "She's got your smile."

"But she's got your looks." Storm looked up at her husband, and then he gave her a passionate kiss. They would've gone a little further, but Zahra squeaked as Logan leaned in closer to Storm, reminding them that they had a child there. They laughed.

"I guess that means we have to wait until the child goes to sleep," Storm said.

"Or," Logan said, going to the other side of the bed to Storm's left. "We can do this." He climbed onto the bed next to his wife, and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "This way we can be together, and not disturb the kid."

Storm giggled. "You are such a romantic."

"The kids have rubbed off on me."

This time, it was Storm who kissed Logan.


Chapter End Notes:
Zahra means flower in Egyptian. I had a hard time deciding for Isis- the most powerful Egyptian Goddess; Layla- Born of night; and a couple of others like Jamila- Beautiful.



You must login () to review.