"Come on…" The familiar voice called out in a muffled tone. Her eyes fluttered open briefly and then closed again. "Come on darlin, please open yer eyes." She frowned as she forced her eyes open only to feel blinded by the light overhead, and she lifted her hands up to block it. Logan instinctively shut the light off. "That better?" He spoke, his voice becoming clearer. She finally opened her eyes as a hazy form came into view, she squinted trying to focus and slowly the form became recognizable.

"Logan?" She spoke in a hoarse, raspy voice and involuntarily coughed and gripped her throat, which was suddenly burning.

"Your throat will be a bit tender, you've had that tube stuck down there for two months now." A voice she didn't recognize spoke out, and she turned to it and came face to face with a man covered with blue fur.

"Logan," she called out again and he leaned in a grasped her hand.

"Yeah darlin I'm right here. Welcome back." He said with a smile.

"Back, where have I been?" She asked as she tried sitting up.

"Whoa darlin, just lie back, movin around may not be good fer you or tha baby, ya've been through a lot already." Logan said as he gently pushed her back, and Ororo obliged without protest, settling back comfortably against the plump pillows.

"What happened?" Ororo asked.

"Sinister had a trap set for us when we went to save Jean. Ya were hurt and we lost Jeannie, but saved Rachel." Logan said as Ororo stared at him in confusion. "Thank God our baby wasn't hurt and that you woke up, it was touch and go there fer a minute."

"Sinister...Rachel?" She spoke shaking her head a bit.

"This is no doubt the memory loss I told you about." The blue mutant spoke as he moved in, shining the small flash light into Ororo's eyes. "She may regain all of her memory or none at all."

"Who are you? And what's a Sinister and Rachel, and …Goddess did you just say 'Our baby'?" She asked her eyes now wide with shock.

"I am Hank…McCoy…you do not remember me." He said with a small sigh. "Oh dear, the memory loss may be worst then I first thought it to be."

"It's alright, we'll deal. All that matters is yer back."

"Logan what were you saying about a baby." Ororo asked and not waiting for his reply she lift the covers and peeked under and gasped at what see saw. "Goddess, I am pregnant!" she exclaimed as she stared up at the baffled men. "This is not right, I am not pregnant, I am not even married yet."

"Darlin, ya've been married fer nearly eight years, September 18th is our anniversary."

"Our, We...you and I." She babbled as she pushed the covers back, attempting to stand but found it difficult with the protruding belly at that moment Xavier and Scott, who held a small child, entered the lab. "Professor, what is going on?" She asked her mentor and the only father she had ever known. He regarded her for a moment, briefly scanning her mind.

"Oh my." The Professor said stunned as he moved closer to the bed. "It seems we have a problem."

~~~~

"Wait yer sayin that she aint Ro?" Logan was the first to speak after Xavier tried explaining what had occurred. He nodded to Logan's question. "And I suppose she aint 'really' pregnant either." He added with a grunt as he folded his arms over his chest, he then turned to Dr. McCoy the mutant also known a 'Beast'. "I thought ya said the worst that could happen was her losin her memory, not that she'd go all loopy." Logan commented and gained a frown from Ororo and a chuckle from both Beast and Scott.

"I am not loopy, and I am not your wife." Ororo said through gritted teeth.

"I am afraid she is correct Logan, I had sensed it earlier but thought it was nothing, it wasn't until I entered the room and scanned her. She is telling the truth, she is not 'our' Ororo."

"Then where is Rory?' Logan asked as he leaned down and glared at the Professor.

"Well it is safe to assume that if this Ororo, from another dimension, or possibly an alternate world, was displaced here, then our Ororo was probably displaced too, to another dimension or alternate world."

"Professor, no offense but it all sound a bit like science fiction." Scott commented.

"My point exactly." Logan agreed.

"As unbelievable as it may seem I assure you it is the truth. Scott you yourself told me that Sinister escaped you by jumping through some kind of portal, well I now believe it was a gateway between worlds and dimensions. Maybe in that moment when he jumped it somehow affected our two worlds, this Ororo's and ours. Placing her into the body and life of the Ororo here."

"But she somehow kept her real memories." Beast added his own thoughts.

"Yes, I have and please do not talk about me as if I were not here." Ororo said again trying to stand, only to have Logan once again push her back.

"Rest, my Rory or not, yer carrying my kid, and ya aint gonna do anything to jeopardize it."

"I would never hurt a child." Ororo said offended by his words.

"Good, glad we understand each other, now lay back." Ororo shot him a glare but did as she was told. "Now for argument sake, lets say I believe yer cockamamie story, how do we fix it, get back Rory and send her back to where she belongs?"

"Yes, that is what I would like to know as well." Ororo said all looking to the professor for the answer.

~~~~

"How ya feelin?" He asked as he moved into the greenhouse and stood watching the pregnant woman try to maneuver around with her swollen belly.

"Well," She paused resting one of her hands atop her belly, while the other braced her lower back. "Considering, that this morning I was not married nor pregnant, and now I am…I am ok." She said with a giggle as Logan chuckled at her and moved further into the greenhouse.

"Yeah well Chuck and Hank are working on a way ta get ya back home, but…" This time he paused as a worried looked shadowed his face.

"But what?"

"I need ya ta stay…" Logan finally spoke stunning Ororo, but before she could speak he continued. "Hank told me that sending ya home aint gonna bring 'my' Ororo back. In fact tha chances are slim ta none."

"Goddess, Logan I am sorry, is he sure?"

"Yeah, he was babbling about millions of parallel worlds and alternate universes, and Ororo being in any of them…I kind of tuned him out afta he said she aint coming back."

"I cannot stay here as her replacement Logan."

"I don't want ya ta replace her, ya couldn't even if'n ya did stay." He spoke out in a harsh tone, causing Ororo to take a step back. "Ya look like her, smell like her but ya aint her. I only want ya ta stay til tha baby's born, he's all I got left of Rory."

"Of course I shall." She said surprising Logan.

"Really?"

"Yes, this child is here, and we do not know what will happen to him if I were to be displaced or sent home, or whatever…I shall not risk his life. I will not attempt anything that may harm him." Logan suddenly reached out and grasped her wrist and yanked her into his embrace, startling her. He released her just as suddenly as he smiled at her.

"Thank ya."

~~~~

"What are ya doin darlin?" Logan asked as he leaned against the doorframe of his and Ororo's bedroom.

"Getting some clothes and personal things, I hope you do not mind." She said as she looked back from her spot in the closet where she was pulling out things and tossing them onto the bed.

"Naw, it's kind of like yer stuff anyway, but what are ya doin wit it?"

"Oh, I am moving them to my room, just across the hall, I asked the Professor…"

"No." Logan said point blankly as he moved into the room and to the bed, where he began picking up the items Ororo had tossed there and placing them back where they came from.

"No?" Ororo repeated not sure what context to take it in. "What do you mean, no?"

"Exactly what I said, no as in yer not moving ta some room across tha hall."

"And why not?"

"Cause this is our Bedroom, mine and Rory, and just in there," He point to another door on the other side of the closet. "That's tha baby's room. This is where ya belong."

"Well as you have pointed out to me earlier I am not 'Rory' so…"

"Don't matter so long as ya got our baby in ya…"

"What? Because I am carrying your child I have to sleep with you, and basically do what you say?"

"Yep."

"Fuck you Logan." She hissed.

"Not a requirement, but I'd be happy ta oblige ya darlin." He said with a twinkle in his eyes.

"There is no way I am sleeping in this bed with you, I am not your wife so I do not have to carry out any wife-like duties. Nor are you my father so… I shall be moving into the room across the hall."

"Like hell.

"Oh and what are you going to do to stop me?" Ororo asked definantly, lifting her head a bit.

~~~~

"Are ya comfy?"

"Do not speak to me." Ororo spat out as she turned onto her side, away from where he lay beside her, yanking the covers over with her free hand, and invoking a small chuckle from Logan. He then turned with her, throwing his arm across her waist, which she pushed away roughly. "And do not touch me."

"I won't touchin ya, I was touchin my son."

"Well so long as 'your' son is 'my' body you do not touch him unless I say so, and right now I do not want you anywhere near me."

"Ok is this tha hormones talking?" Logan asked with a merry smile on his face, knowing he was riling her up.

"No, this is me talking…the handcuffed pregnant woman."

"Oh," He said again chuckling.

"It is not funny, do not laugh at me Logan or so help me…"

"I'm sorry darlin, but yer jus so cute when yer mad, and ya pout and that's so damned sexy." He continued to taunt.

"Oh Goddess give me strength not to fry this man," Ororo prayed through gritted teeth, as Logan laughed outright.

"Alright, alright, I'll let ya get some sleep, goodnight darlin." Logan said with a smile as he settled back down behind her, spooning against her, surprised when she didn't protest.

"Goodnight," She grumbled closing her eyes, too tired to care that he was again wrapping himself around her.

~~~~

"We believe the best course of action is to reteive the machine Sinister used to teleport, bring it back here and try to figure out how it works, maybe then we will be able to send you back to the exact world you came from." Beast said as he, the Professor, Logan, Ororo, and Scott all sat around the conference table.

"How long do you think this will take?" Ororo asked rubbing her belly. She had already been there for seven weeks, and was just entering her eighth month of pregnancy. She was anxious to give birth.

"I honest do not know, several months to a year, maybe longer." He answered as she simply nodded her understanding. "You don't seem too distraught over the thought of being here that long?"

"Not really, this is still home, granted not like I remembered it, but you are all here, my friends and family. I know I am safe here and loved, and I know I could have ended up in a far worst place so I am grateful."

“You are right, Ororo,” The Professor cut in. “You are loved here and very welcome, I only pray that our Ororo has found such a place and is surrounded by people who love her.” He said and Ororo instantly looked to Logan and saw that what the Professor had said affected him, and so she reached out her hand and grasped his, giving is it a small squeeze. He looked up to see her smiling at him and he smiled back despite the fact his heart was aching for his lost wife.

~~~~

“Hey, I have been looking all over for you.” She spoke as she slowly waddled to where he sat, He instinctively jumped up and moved to her, to help her.

“Ya shouldn’t be out here, ya could’ve tripped over a branch and hurt…”

“I have told you Logan I will do nothing to hurt this baby,” She said bitterly as she yanked her arm from his grasp.

“I was gonna say, ya could’ve hurt yerself, Ororo,” He stated and she bowed her head a bit in embarrassment.

“Oh,” She said silently.

“Tha baby aint tha only thing I’m concerned wit, Yer safety matters ta me, ya matter ta me.” He said as he reached out and brushed a stray strand of her hair from her face, tucking it behind her ear. Ororo threw him a sweet smile for his kind words, before bowing her head again, bashfully. “What did ya need?”

“Huh?” She looked back at him, confusion etched on her face.

“Ya said ya’ve been looking fer me.”

“Oh yeah, well I was just worried about after this morning…I know that what the Professor said about Your, Rory must have upset you, and the way you just stalked off after breakfast. Well, I was worried.”

“Ya aint got ta worry about me I’m fine, Rory’s fine, I know she is, I can feel it in my heart. I’d know if she were hurt, or scared.” He spoke as he looked out over the pasture filled with flowers and butterflies. “This was her favorite place,”

“Yes I know, it was mine too, in my world. I would come out here to meditate or just to be with nature.”

“That’s what she’d call it, being one with nature, but she usually got naked fer that, drove me nuts, tha idea of her out here show off her goods, my goods ta…nature.” Ororo giggled at this and the expression on Logan’s face.

“It is all about being one with Nature Logan, it is nothing sexual about it, it is purely spiritual and quite freeing.”

“Oh not you too. What is it with you Ororo’s and keeping yer clothes on?” He asked jokingly as she again giggled at him.

“What is about you ‘Logan’s’ that you have such a problem with see us naked?” She asked.

“Oh so yer Logan don’t like seeing ya dance around naked either?”

“No, he likes it just fine, he just does not understand why I do it, but he is always there, watching me.”

“Just making sure nobody else is seeing his girl in tha buff.”

“I am not his girl, we are just friend and teammates.” Ororo corrected.

“Wait, you and I, we’re not tagether in yer world?”

“We are barely civil, I mean we have rare occasion like when we are out here when we actually talk, but around others I usually speak and he kind of grunts. ‘Hello Logan’ ‘hump’ ‘Goodnight Logan’ ‘Hump’.”

“What am I a sugarcane in yer world?” Logan asked as he looked at her with slightly frightened eyes.

“Oh Goddess no.” Ororo said laughing. “You are without a doubt the most masculine man I have ever met, but you have a thing for red heads in my world, and certain red head in particular.”

“Jean?” He asked as he face suddenly soured.

“Yes Jean, and why do you look so disgusted by that, Jean is very beautiful and smart and…”

“My daughter,”

“What?’ This time Ororo was the one with the confused look on her face.

“I found her orphaned on the streets, took her in, raised her, brought her here ta give her a better life and education, but now she’s gone.” He said with sad eyes.

“Yes she is gone in my world too, she died saving us all.”

“Man tha idea that I like her in a sexual way is sickening…we’re not…”

“No, but not from your lack of trying. Jean is was with Scott, and to be honest I think that had more to do with Logan pursuing her than anything else. In my world you hate Scott and you go out of your way to piss him off.”

“At least yer Logan and I have that in common.” He said with a grunt. “Still can’t believe he wants Jeannie when yer right there too.”

“Thank you, but I am not what guys in my world look for in a mate, I mean I am good enough to show off to their friends, but they would never talk me home to meet mom. I am too exotic as one guy was so kind to explain to me, another suggested if I dyed my hair black and got brown contacts I’d be more presentable.” She giggled but Logan could tell she was on the verge of tears.

“They’re all blind fools, if they can’t see how amazingly beautiful you are, just tha way ya are. And I love everything about cha”





You must login () to review.