Comfort me by Mimz
Summary: Summary-Ororo saves a child from falling to her death, a child who’s smile is addictive. Slowly the girl brings Ororo and Logan closer together, and in many ways becomes attached to them. But unknown to them the child holds a secret, and part of that secret is a boy named Matthew.
Categories: General Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 12488 Read: 10392 Published: 07-18-06 Updated: 08-12-06

1. Hold me close by Mimz

2. Don't let go by Mimz

3. Forever falling by Mimz

4. Matthew by Mimz

5. The light shines by Mimz

6. Finding you by Mimz

7. Truth or Dare by Mimz

Hold me close by Mimz
It was a beautiful afternoon at the Xavier’s institute for gifted youngsters. The sun was high in the sky, with not a cloud in sight. All school lessons were over, and the students had come outside to enjoy the good weather, some were doing homework, and others were just showing off their powers. The teachers were also out, sitting on the patio, drinking tea or small glasses of red or white wine. To any outsider, it would look just like one big happy family. And of course they were a family.

The only three teachers that could not be found were Scott, Logan and surprisingly Ororo, who were all in the garage working on old cars and Logan’s bike. It was something she did quite often these days, visiting Logan when she needed the company. Scott however, was just tuning his car so he and Jean could go out, and get away from everything here. Time off, which was very rare for the couple.

It was relatively quite, as it was everyday, she and Logan never found the need to fill in the silence if one ever crept up, things were more comfortable that way. Every now and again, Logan would break that silence, but only if he needed a tool or her help, which usually consisted of “put your finger here, and insert as much pressure as you can” or “put your foot on the gas, see if it’s working.” and of course he was generous and gave her some kind of thanks, which usually sounded like, “Get me a beer would ya, and get one fer yerself too.” She couldn’t help but smile, he was funny that way.

She looked up to the sky, and sighed. It was glorious. If it wasn’t a school she would be riding the winds by now, no item of clothing on her person, letting the heat hit her naked flesh. She turned back to see how Logan was progressing, by the sound of things he’d be asking for wire cutters soon, for what, she had no idea. She held them in her hand, awaiting his signal, and there it was. His hand came up over his shoulder, his gruff voice slowly moving towards her ears. Before reaching her third step she stopped, an image caught in the corner of her eye, her eyes widened in fear.

“Hey ‘Ro ya gonna give me those cutters or what?” It was when he received only silence for an answer that he stopped all activity and looked at her; the wire cutters hit the floor with a clang. “‘Ro?” Scott came from under the bonnet of the car he was working on, and as Logan had done he followed Ororo’s gaze. Unlike her, the two men saw nothing. She looked back quickly at Logan; the mansion grounds had gone still and eerily quiet. The two men soon noticed the black dot in the distance, it was falling and gathering speed as it plummeted.

“How far?” Logan asked, a strong breeze gathered around them as the weather witches eyes turned white, her snowy locks dancing around her head uncontrollably.

“Five miles.” She answered, the wind picking up more strength, as to carry Ororo’s lithe form.

“Storm, can you get there in time?” It was Scott, he sounded concerned, but he always did if a life was in danger. It was too late for an answer, she was gone. All they could do now was watch and wait.

Riding the winds was amazing, each time Ororo found herself gliding upon their very essence; she realized that this is what she truly lived for. She loved it, but right now she had no time to enjoy it. Playtime was over. Every now and again she changed the winds velocity, by joining the different air currents together. Slowly the black dot that had first caught her eye, was forming arms and legs, a cloud of white seemed to surround the weak form acting as a cover, shielding away prying eyes, whereas her eyes stayed glued to the beauty of the falling being.

A child. The falling object was a child. Ororo stopped in midair, rain? She brought her hand up to her cheek; it could not be rain, for there was no source. Looking at her hand, in the centre of her palm there was a small smear of…blood. The child’s frame dropped straight past her, dammit. Twisting her body awkwardly, she race downwards, switching from one air current to the next gaining some, yet insignificant, speed. Ororo gritted her teeth. There was no way she would let this child die, she couldn’t let that happen. That’s all the strength she needed, holding on to that thought and the vow she’d made over her parents grave, it gave her courage. She would stop the death of this innocent being.

She overtook the child, moving around in order to block its path. The child fell into her arms hard sending her forwards, the earth’s floor closing in as they fell. Pulling on the winds, Ororo was able to miss the hard ground by inches, her hair skimming the long blades of grass. Ororo’s eyes fell onto the child’s face, it was cut but not too badly, there was blood…lots of it in the young girl’s hair, on her clothes, everywhere. The child’s hair was a brilliant gold, curls formed at the tips of the long stands, Ororo guessed that she was about nine years old, her body was thin and weighed hardly anything in Ororo’s arms. Ororo smiled at the sudden realization of the ‘clouds’ that had covered the child had actually been wings, broken and bloodied, that stretched eight maybe nine feet. She was beautiful. Ororo found it slightly ironic, a fallen angel.

It wasn’t long before the winds carried them back to the mansion’s main doors, tears from no where had formed in Ororo’s eyes, she blinked them back effortlessly as her feet touched the floor, the doors blew open as the winds Ororo had used deposited. Hastily walking inside, not wishing to run as not to dropped the child, she was met by many students, unaware of the fact that outside a down pour of rain had begun. Some of the teenagers stood and others remained seating but turned in their places to see what the commotion was about.

Marie was the first student to approach her, she took one look at the young girl and gasped. She stayed close on Ororo’s heels, as they moved.

“Get Hank!” Ororo whispered, choking on the lump that had formed in the back of her throat, a tear broke free and ran down her cheek, as Rogue ran down the corridor, screaming “Hank!” repeatedly as she went. No other pupils had ever seen their ‘emotionless’ teacher cry before, so many questions filled the air, burning Ororo’s ears, and soon being blocked out, so they were nothing but blurred sounds. The child’s wings fluttered slightly, as her eyes opened warily. Blue, the deepest blue Ororo had ever seen, it was like staring into a mirror.

“My stars and garters!” Hank said as he met Ororo half way down to the medi-lab. Even with the child in Ororo’s arms, he took her pulse, tried to take her blood pressure but failed miserably bringing a small smile to Ororo’s lips; he looked for any signs of concussion, just as the child’s eyes closed tightly. “We must hurry!”

“I’m going as fast as I can Hank.” She said as she slowed down, as they came up to a corner. Ororo looked down at the child’s face again; every time she looked down time seemed to stop, and her heart felt as it had been torn out from her chest. She bit back more tears, as they clouded her field of vision.

“Then give her to me!” He said in shear panic as Ororo’s shoulder badly scrapped the white wash walls. Hank moved closer to them both, reaching out his arms in order to take the child.

“NO!” She screamed, withdrawing herself from Hanks presence, tightening her grip around the small structure in her arms, not wanting to let go. Hank nodded silently, as they continued to race down towards the basement. Hank tugged on her arm lightly, motioning her to the lift, but she carried on going, her feet trenching forward, one after the other, they lead her down the stairs. Her lungs burnt and her heart ached.

She had beaten Hank down to the basement, now thankful she had taken the stairs. Logan was waiting, leaning against the wall as he usually did; Marie sat on the chair, hugging her legs, her head resting on her knees. They both looked up at her as she came in. Jean awaited her by the door; the surgical equipment was laid out neatly, as it usually was.

Jean watched her intensely as she held her arms out, waiting for Ororo to transfer the child over to her. She didn’t, not at first anyway.

“Ororo, please give her to me,” Jean said lightly, “I want to help her just as much as you do, but I can’t do that while standing in the hallway.” She gave Ororo a small smile. Ororo then moved her arms in order to take off the extra weight of the child, loosening her grip as she did so, and slowly placing her small body in Jean’s arms.

Logan came to her in that moment, turning her around to face him, “Shhh, its okay.” He whispered into her ear as he drew her close, running a hand through her hair in order to soothe her. Her sobs were muffled by his jacket.


Ororo had fallen asleep on the cold tiled flooring of the basement. After hours of waiting, her body had slowly shut itself off; her feet ached as did her arms. She had cried on Logan’s shoulder for at least an hour, and in that time Marie had left, wanting to feel the comfort of her own bed and because Logan had told her to go, giving Ororo some space. And all this time Logan had waited patiently with her. He was her own guardian angel.

Jean soon came out, followed by Hank. The blue mutant gently touched Jean’s shoulder, giving her some comfort as he made his way upstairs. She ran a hand through her matted hair, as she tried to shake the tired feeling from her eyes. She smiled at Logan as he watched her warily. Crouching down, the redhead lightly touched Ororo’s shoulder. The weather witch jumped slightly, but focused her attention on Jean’s face. No words were spoken between the two women, Logan noted. Ororo stood from her place on the floor and made her way into the medi-ward, and sat in the lone standing chair. Logan soon followed after exchanging a few quiet words with Jean; he stood by Ororo, his hand on her shoulder, comforting her. For the first time in Ororo’s life, she had felt something deep, and all of it was for the fallen child, as a mother would love her own child, Logan sensed it, the moment Jean asked her to hand over the child, and he knew she would do anything to protect the young child.

And she would wait for the child to wake, however long that may be.
Don't let go by Mimz
Weeks had past, and the child had not woken. For every waking second that made up a day Ororo had waited. She had refused to attend classes, but her pupils came down every so often to see her, and ask her questions on their homework, and she was glad to help, as long as she did not need to move. Charles had been the first to worry about her.

“I have never seen Ororo so withdrawn, not like this anyhow. If we do not act upon it now, and the child does not wake, I’m afraid she will isolate herself from the rest of us. She has always been so upbeat and cheerful; I do not want her to regress.”

And so they had acted upon it. Logan had persuaded her to take walks around the grounds, every so often and she had obliged, as long as she could carry a pager with her at all times, so that she could be contacted a.s.a.p if the child’s state was to change. She had even given the child a name, not liking how people had addressed the kid as, “It”, “She”, “Her”, “Young girl”, and “The child”, she had called her Willow or Will for short. No one had asked her why, and she did not explain her actions. Willow. The child reminded her of the Willow Tree Fairy from the collection of Cicely Mary Barker books her mother used to have, ones she’s sneak a look at when she was supposed to be sleeping. The Willow had always been her favourite tree fairy.

‘By the peaceful stream or shady pool,
I dip my leaves in the water cool.
Over the water I lean al day,
Where the sticklebacks and minnows play.
I dance, I dance, when the breezes blow.
And dip my toes in the stream below.’


She slept in her own room, but went up late into the evening, and woke early the next morning. Jean or Hank would bring down her meals, as every so often they needed to check Will’s progression, if there was any. No one knew how she had become so attached to the girl so quickly, when she tired to explain it, it just confused herself and others. So they just took it as it was. She wanted something to love, or to give her love to, it was as easy as that.

Most often than not, Logan had found her engaging in conversations with Will, even if she received no answer. And during those times he found himself watching her, like right now for instance. She was in the middle of telling the kid about life with the X-Men, about her many friends here, and to his surprise, she even mentioned how she was seen as part of the background, and even more shocking how she liked being a wall for people to lean on, because at least that way she was doing something, and not going around looking pretty all the time, and causing trouble. He chuckled mentally.

“I know your there Logan.” She said over her shoulder, I always know. She turned to him, “What are you doing here?” She asked, he sniffed his fingers, yep he needed to smoke. How did she know that? Her dad used to smoke, but he had to quit when Ororo was born, he’d have the occasional, yeah, but when he had a craving he’d smell the tobacco from his fingers, it was the same with cigars. And she found Logan doing it most of the time, minutes before lighting one up. “And no smoking!” She quickly added.

“How’d ya know I-never mind. Jus’ came to check up on ya.” He shrugged, digging his hands deep into his pockets. She sighed.

“I am not the one being taken care off!” She stated as a matter of fact. She sighed again, turning her attention back to Willow.

“We’re all worried about ya, darlin’ no ones seeing much off ya, most of all me.” She lowered her head, and muttered what sounded like an apology. It was true though, he did miss her. Time drifted slowly without her in the same room as him, not that he was attracted to her or anything, yeah she was nice to look at but he didn’t feel anything towards her. But the student thought and knew otherwise. By the looks he gave her, what he truly felt was un-miss-able, except ‘Roro never picked up on it, ever.

“Logan I appreciate your concern, I really do, but I’m a grown woman, I pretty sure I can take care of myself.” He shock his head, getting her to get a grip was not happening, besides she didn’t have any shoes on. He smiled at his own lame joke. Weirdo! He thought silently. He came over to her, and rested his head on her shoulders, inhaling her scent deeply. She leaned into him subconsciously. She needed the contact; he was what kept her sane.

Ororo closed her eyes, letting time slip by them, uncontrollably. She was tired, she had to admit, but ever since she had looked into the poor girl’s eyes, she found herself emotionally attached, just like that. She also had to admit that she was lucky she had a friend like Logan, at first he did seem uncaring, but when she got past that shell, she saw the goodness in his heart. He was in many ways just like her; they both put on an act in order to protect the ones they loved. Around each other, though, they let some of that pretence slip, knowing that if too much control was lost, they were, in each others company, able to take back that control. With her, she just had to her his voice, his touch; sometimes she’d inhale that masculine smell that was all Logan.

She moaned as he massaged her shoulders, releasing all the knots and kinks, that had formed during the past goddess knows how many days. She spoke, “Why didn’t you become a masseuse?” He didn’t answer, he didn’t need to, it was a rhetorical question, one she’d asked him countless times, the first time she’d asked it he screwed up, and she’d laughed at him for countless minutes. He stopped, she turned her face to his, “Logan?” She asked. A small noise was emitted from behind her, her eyes suddenly opened wide. She turned back to the girl, and suddenly nothing else in the world mattered.

“I know it sounds strange darlin’ but she has yer eyes.” He smiled, the child blink a few times, trying to get her bearings, she winced at the pain in her wings. Her eyes were wide, and unlike any human eyes. She looked at Ororo and then to Logan, and back to Ororo again. Why is that lady crying?-mom? she asked herself. She ached all over. “Easy there kid, ya had a nasty fall.” She nodded, as the images came flooding back. She was free, and she was here.

“Logan, get Jean and Hank, I’m sure they’d like know she’s awake, and do hurry about it.” Ororo insisted, knowing he’d already complied, as she now felt no presence behind her. Turning her attention back to the girl she asked, “Are you hungry, thirsty?” A small hand reached over, wiping away the tears. Ororo smiled, showing off her teeth. The girl smiled back.

“I’m a little thirsty.” She said in a relatively quiet voice. She turned her head away, focusing her gaze on her hands. Through the corner of her eye, she watched Ororo pour water from the pitcher and into a plastic cup. Ororo extended her hand, waiting for the girl to take it from her. She took it rather quickly, slightly startling Ororo, drinking it without much of a second thought.

“My name is Ororo Munroe,” She gave the girl a light smile, “May I ask you for your name, if you have one of course?” The girl paused for a moment, closing her eyes in concentration. She swallowed hard, remembering her old home, or what she was told was home. Small cages zipped through her mind followed by darkness, images weren’t made clear as through most of her time being cooped up she had been drugged, needles came out of nowhere, with men in white coats, no masks to hide their faces, voices, in the background she heard other muffled sounds. Dark corridors, one leading into the next, one of their cruel tests, a maze, a sensitive floor that sent electricity through your body if you slowed down. Many times of trying to escape, no flying, that had been the rule, a tight dark room, with steel doors, her wings hanging lifelessly to the side. In that room she had not been alone, Matthew, the only one of their pitiful creations to have a name, he was after all the son of the Man. They dragged her along like a rag doll countless times. Her eyes snapped opened, they hadn’t stopped hurting her even when she screamed.

“Subject: two-seven-zero-zero-F-X” She said mindlessly. She cried. Ororo put an arm around her, holding her close, hoping in the depths of her mind that she would never have to let go.

“Ssssh, it’s okay, your safe now, just let it out.” Ororo soothed “I’ll take care of you.” The girl’s sobs came harder, as Ororo held her tighter. Footsteps came from not far away. Logan entered the room. Taking one look at the scene, he turned around and hushed the two very enthusiastic doctors. Peering over his shoulders they nodded in unison. “Since you don’t have a name, how about I tell you what I named you while you were sleeping, you can tell me if you like it or not?” The bird child lifted her wet face from Ororo’s now wet shoulder.

She nodded, “I’d like that.” Ororo smiled softly.

“It may sound strange but,” Ororo started to say “I gave you the name Willow, Will for short.”

The little girl smiled, she liked that name, especially since it sounded so nice coming from the woman next to her. It was better than being an experiment, than being a subject, now with that name she was a person, she existed. When her she repeated it in her mind she found herself thinking of elf warriors, and the howling wind, nestling itself between the leaves of tall trees, making them chatter. “Willow.” She said softly, it sounded good coming from her lips.

“Ororo?” Looking over her shoulder the girl saw two new people. White coats. Her eyes widened, she started to squirm under Ororo’s embrace.

“Will, calm down, its okay, we wont hurt, please believe me.” The tears built up again, and threatened to fall. Will stopped moving and looked up at her. “We are here to help you.” Even though she stopped squirming, she still remained tense. “This is Jean,” She said pointing at the redhead and then pointing to Hank, “And Hank and you already know Logan, kind of anyway. They just want to make sure you are well, okay?” The girl nodded but kept her gaze on Ororo’s face. “I will stay with you, through the examination.” She smiled, gaining a smile in return.

After all they had all the time in the world, didn’t they?
Forever falling by Mimz
Willow walked soundlessly behind Ororo as the turned around corner after corner, passing through room after room. Her wings were tightly folded between her shoulder blades, on each wing the one lone feather brushed the floor. She had no clothes except for the clothes she had worn when they found her in, an old grey jumper, with slits for her wings, and matching hospital trousers. They had been washed thoroughly, and smelt of fresh flowers; she couldn’t remember a time that she had been treated so nicely, maybe because she had never been treated so kindly?

As the crowd of on looking students became too much, she took Ororo’s hand and huddle in closer, burring her head in Ororo’s thigh. Some were curious, and some were enthusiastic about her being here. Even though the faces were cheerful, she still felt rather paranoid.

Ororo looked down at her, “It’s okay, there is no need to be afraid.” She ran a hand through Willow’s hair as Logan did with her. Will had not spoken much since she woke, and during her x-ray she had tensed up, she couldn’t relax as they had told her to. They weren’t allowed to find out about her, know one was. Jean had tried to sedate her, only to have Will slam her into a wall, taking the needle from Jean’s hand and sticking it in the older woman’s neck, all in an act of fear. The bird child had run to Logan, wrapping her arms around her waist for dear life. Hank could not tear her from him, not matter how much strength he could muster, Willow had proved to be the superior of the two.

It had been the results of the x-ray that had shocked her most.

“Amazing!” Hank had blurted out, as he placed the x-ray up on the board, comparing Wills x-ray with a humans “Outstanding. Ororo come look.” He said taking hold of Ororo’s arm bringing her to the glowing screen “Look at her bone structure, its marvelous!” He chimed again.

“Hank I am no doctor, so I have no idea at what I am seeing.” Her eyes skimmed over the two different x-rays, only seeing that one of the forms shown looked more developed than the other.

“Ah yes.” Lifting a finger to the screen he continued, “These are her bones, they’re more brittle than an ordinary nine year olds, there thinner, lighter, and much like a birds. Basically her structure has been grafted perfectly for flight, so there is less weight to carry, making it easier to become airborne.”

“And these?” Ororo said pointing at two random areas of the picture.

“These here are her lungs, as you can see there much bigger than ours, most likely for her to take in more oxygen for rapid blood flow when she’s in the air, also her muscles are much larger, it would help gather more power when…well…flapping.”

“You’re a biochemist Hank and the best term you can come up with is flapping?” He nodded, “So what’s this, another muscle?”

“You could say that, or in easier terms its young Willow’s heart, her heart needs to be much bigger if she’s to fly.”

“But Warren, he has none of these extremities.” Hank shook his head.

“Warren’s got his mutant gene to thank.” He paused, “Ororo, I do not think Will is a mutant, I will run some more blood tests, but that is what I think.”

And so time had went by, bringing her to this moment. It felt as if she was back The Institute, with the dirty looks, both men and women looking at her, pushing her down went she got on to her feet. Independence was one thing they allowed her not to have. To the white coats, she was a rodent, a parasite. Matthew had told her that to them she was like a pin cushion, an object that’s prodded and poked with needles galore. She missed Matthew. Her vision became clouded just from thinking about him most days. No loving father would have there only son go through that torture. The Man had not been loving. She shuddered at the memories.

Ororo came to an abrupt halt. Willow found herself face to face with a large wooden door. It creaked open gently, as Ororo led her inside. Her fingers finding the light switch, Ororo, with a soft click, brought light upon the room. Willow squinted at the intensity, she had enhanced senses, after all they trained her to survive. Will had many talents, such as night vision, a gift that had allowed her to escape, she could heal small tissue wounds, one of the many things that kept her alive, she had a built in sense of direction like a bird, as well as enhanced sight, allowing her to see the ground below as she flew, helping her to be more aware of her surroundings, her hearing was also enhanced, allowing her to hear sounds within a two maybe three mile radius but only if she focused hard enough. The last thing was that she could fly, but that was rather obvious.

She let herself walk over to the bed that was centered in middle of the room, the head rest leaning up against the wall; bedside cabinets stood at each side, there was a desk opposite the bed, with a straight back chair tucked under it. She smiled vividly, making her face light up in awe. Moon light streamed in from the overly large window that had been built on the far wall. She ran to it and closed the curtains, holding in the light. She rested her small head on the cool covered glass, as she took deep breaths.

“Thank you.” Was about all she could manage at the time. Her voice was like music, warm and welcoming to all ears. It was enough to make your heart crumble. She heard something smash upon the window pain as she listened, as she was trained to. The same noise hit the window pane, and it carried on over and over. Ororo trod aimlessly across the room, resting a hand on Willows shoulder. Curiously, the girl looked up, Ororo simply smiled at her.

“It’s raining,” She said, “‘She wept, and the sky wept with her.’” She said drawing the curtains open. There was hardly a cloud in the sky, and true to Ororo’s words it wept, feeling her sadness. “There are many things you must know Will,” She whispered, “the most important is knowing that you are not alone.” Will frowned, clearly not understanding Ororo’s words.

The wind whipped against the glass, causing it the window to open, Willows eyes widened unable to stop it. Thunder boomed over head, as clouds formed quickly in the sky. She turned to see Ororo, a smile planted on her dark lips; her blue eyes now shone a brilliant white, Will watched as she raised her hands to the sky, lightening shot through the sky, and into the bedroom, nestling itself into Ororo’s palm. It danced in her eyes, as she manipulated it, hurling it back into the sky, the clouds dispersed at a dangerous speed.

“How do you think I was able to catch you?” She asked, watching the girl’s amazed expression feverishly. The wind gently died down, and in the same moment Ororo’s eyes reversed from white to blue. The door burst open instantly, causing both Ororo and Will to jump.

“Whoa, sorry didn’t mean to scare ya.” Logan said as he walked into the room, coming up close to Ororo, searching her expressionless face, he sighed deeply, silently taking in her scent.

“It is quite alright Logan.” Ororo said, dumbfounded, he placed a hand on her cheek, she leaned into the touch. “I wish you would stop fussing.” She said calmly. She gave him a quick peck on the lips, as they always did, though she never knew he was always holding back, not wanting to scare her away and ruin their friendship. And he never knew, that deep down, she wanted it all, the passion and lust that she had almost forgotten.

With a quick nod he turned to leave, only to be stopped by a small hand on his, Willow smiled shyly as he bent down, levelling himself with her. She blushed as she followed Ororo’s actions by quickly brushing her lips on his. “Thank you.” She said, looking at her feet, her hands behind her back.

“Err…yer welcome.” He said looking at ‘Roro, slightly dazed, and running a hand through his hair as he stood. Without another word he was gone.

“He likes you.” Willow said staring at the door. Ororo sighed, she smiled to herself seeing that the child knew more than she did, and Will had been here for what, five minutes? And Ororo had been here a lifetime. And yet she said nothing in response to the child, only furthering Wills theory that they were made for each other, though they had not been made the same way she had. She frowned. Willow had never felt love, never really felt at all really, She had cried, many times over, especially when Matthew left, he had helped her, but she hadn’t been able to help him. “Fly, my angel, you can do it, I know you can, I believe in you. Spread your wings and fly!”, “I can’t, I don’t know how! Besides I‘m not going to leave you, I wont! I can’t!”, “Don’t worry about me, we’ll find each other, it’s our nature, it’s what a flock does, now fly!” Her heart shuddered against her chest. She could trust these people, couldn’t she? They sure trusted her.

“Come my child, lets us join the others for supper, I’m sure your starved.” Ororo said with a lopsided smile, still blushing at Willows words. She chuckled at the look on Ororo‘s face, and soon after so did Ororo. It was contagious. And for an instant Matthew had left her. Reaching the hallway, Ororo held the door handle, closing the door tightly as they walked, Ororo’s words and Willow laughter became all but muffled sounds.

And perhaps one day, they would drift and become distant memories.
Matthew by Mimz
He fell, his wounded knees bled as they once again scrapped the forest floor, he inhaled sharply, pushing the scream down that threatened to erupt. Branches scratched his face, his arms, and tore his clothing, none of that stopped him. Yes, the pain may have been excruciating, but his adrenaline cursed it’s way into his blood system, making it impossible for him to stop running. His feet hit every sharp rock, lose stick and the occasional tree root tripped him up, but he couldn’t afford to stop, slowing down meant imminent death. He couldn’t let that happen, he’d made a promise, and it was the only thing that kept him going. Angel, my Angel.

The wind howled, causing his ears to betray him as he ran. Turning fiercely, he drew the gun held in his hand, and fired at his imaginary foe, he sent bullets in every direction, but hit nothing but bark. He sucked in a breath, savouring it as if it was his last. “ARGH!” He screamed, feeling a sudden heat in his left shoulder, a gun wound. He could already feel the torn flesh repairing itself. Though the moon was out, and he was surrounded by darkness, he knew roughly were every tree was, even if he was half blinded by the dark, unlike his Angel, he didn’t have night vision, he went by sound. He heard men shouting, and dogs barking in the distance. Yet he stumbled on. The odds of him surviving were about a thousand to one. Yet he trudged on. He had gotten too far to turn back now. “You promise you‘ll find me? Matthew, promise me, you must promise me!”, “I promise, now go, get outta here!”.

“Angel, my Angel!” He muttered to himself, his teeth gritted together in sheer rage. He listened closely to the wind, focus. He heard them, and much clearer than before, almost as if he was there with them. Men with guns, cold blooded killers. Hunters.

“We must not let him escape, the stakes are too high.” He recognised the voice, so many times it had vibrated of the walls, nestling itself in his ears, bastard, fucking bastard.

“What are your orders sir?” The voice was muffled out, by the masks the hunters always wore, they weren’t human, nothing in The Institute was human, unless you were a creator, a scientist.

“Retrieve him if you can, and if not, kill him!” His voice was emotionless, as it had always been. Why did God create such people, that’s what he didn’t understand.

“But sir, he’s your own son!” This guy had some nerve, but this guy was a woman, and she was all human too, she was the one keeping this whole project hushed down, she was the one who exterminated anyone who got in the way. She was the best at what she did. Celia. “Why are you doing this? She’s a child, for gods sake, Celia.”, “They’ll kill me if I don’t!”, “They’ll kill you anyway, don’t you see that, you’re a pawn.”, “I’m sorry, Matt, I really am.”, “I gave you my heart, everything, and your just going to blow a hole straight through it.”, “Matt please. I can’t do this anymore.”, “Then don’t.”

“I said kill him. Kill them both!” No not my Angel. He would sacrifice his own life, if it meant freeing hers. She was the family he’d never had, he was her protector, “You’re my big brother, aren’t you? Well big brothers are meant to protect their younger sisters. You have to come with me Matt, I can’t do it on my own.” Angel.

He pushed himself harder, his legs burning from the strain he put them in. He was going into overdrive, so much so that his eardrums sent a light pop through is system, he winced at the slight pain. He felt as if he’d swam to the deep end of a swimming pool jus to try touching the bottom. His eyes clouded over, not that he cared anyway.

His legs stopped working in that instant, there was no more ground beneath him, he tilted forward, peering over the edge. It was roughly a two-hundred foot drop, the ocean’s waves were loud as they crushed the rocks below, lapping against the cliffs face. No flying, well fuck that! He thought as a small ruffle of footsteps made their way to Matthews ears. There was only one. One dark figure came from the trees wake, one dark figure that stood in front of him, the dark figure raised his gun, only to throw it ten feet away from his person. Matthew watched in silence. The figures gloved hand reached to his face mask, pulling it back, revealing the long dark locks, and the ever so tanned skin, and beautiful brown eyes of..

“Celia!” He said, shaking his head from side to side, in disbelief.

“I told you I couldn’t do it anymore Matt, I told you I..” She trailed off, not being able to finished her sentence as it became to hard to bear. “I’m sorry.” She finished. Staring him in the eyes.

“I need to find her Celia, I can’t leave her on her own.” His voice was deep, and full of so many emotions, love, betray, hurt, anger…fear.

“I know, that’s why I’m letting you go.” She produced a sad smile. “I love you Matt, I love you.” She said as she made her way towards him. She pressed her lips tightly against his. “I hope you find her.” She said against his lips as they drew apart.

“So do I.” He crushed her lips with hers, for what felt like the last time. With her hands resting on his chest she pushed him, just as he unfurled his wings, they were a beautiful creation, he was a beautiful creation. She looked at him and smiled, baring her pearl white teeth.

“Go Matt, go find your sis.” She said, waving her arm and pointing out into the distance. He watched her as she turned her back to him.

“Hey Celia!” He called out as she made her way out into the distance. She turned to face him, waiting curiously at what he had to say. He smiled. “I love you too.” This time, her smile reached from ear to ear. ‘Go’ she mimed and he did just that, without another word passing between them he left, his wings going up and down as he made his escape, leaving the woman he loved, to find the child, he adored. His sister.

I’ll find you Angel, even if it takes me the rest of my life, I’ll find you, just like I promised. Always.
The light shines by Mimz
It was quiet, maybe too quiet, but right now that was a good thing, wasn’t it? Maybe whacking Dr. Jeb in the head full pelt wasn’t a good thing, but the silence was working for them. The main entrance was a thick, long door made of a steel allow, bolts ran all the way up the side, a huge lock was empty, awaiting the keys onslaught a key which they had. With as much power as he could muster, Matthew brought the key to the lock, turning, hoping it would click. It did. The two waited and watched on as the cogs started spinning opening each bolt, one slowly after another. Voices could be heard.

They looked back, fear had long gone their knowing looks, anger, rage, the want for freedom finally kicked in. their training. They were failed experiments, but they were made to survive. Blue eyes locked onto brown, “You ready?” He asked looking at the younger girl. All she could muster was a nod. “Good!”

They steadily moved out of the door, running into the cool night air, as the young girl ran and unfurled her wings, the older boy lingered behind. Hunters. They were disgusting creatures and trained for two things; search and destroy. They were the only other experiments that past infancy. They looked like they had been burnt, 3rd degree, their skin was always red, their blood vessels could be seen clearly, one jab and blood could spurt all over. Their eyes were twice or maybe even three times the size of an average human eye, and were placed on the side of the head. They had no real noses, except for two holes, that could have been found in a small dent in the middle of the face. They had no lips, only teeth, sharpened teeth that could rip through the flesh easily. Just under the eyes were the ears, large circles with holes-if you could all that an ear. Hunters didn’t speak they grunted words instead of spoke them. When they stood up they looked like a big cat on it’s hind legs, and on all fours it was the same, like a big cat, a lion. But they had guns, and were much faster, as they were designed to be.

She reached the end of the line, or a ten foot fence. Her fingers entwined in the wire, she shook it violently trying to tare it apart, taking out all her frustrations. A lump formed in her throat, she choked it down. Matthew was trying to disembowel anyone who got close, until he got surrounded, she ran to him.

“No!” He shouted, she stopped, time slowed, “Fly, my angel, you can do it, I know you can, I believe in you. Spread your wings and fly!” Tears ran from his eyes, he gave a weak smile, and slowly turned away, his fist connecting with his foes face.

“I can’t, I don’t know how!” She cried, “Besides I‘m not going to leave you, I wont! I can’t!” He turned to her again for a split second. Time wasn’t one of those things they had, time had never really been on their side anyhow.

“Don’t worry about me, we’ll find each other, it’s our nature, it’s what a flock does, now fly!” And so she flew, driving her muscles to move steadily up and down, and she cleared the fencing, looking back at the scene below her, Matthew being beaten badly, until she couldn’t see him any longer. The buzz of a helicopter found it’s way to her ear. She looked at the roof building. So the case was on.

She surged on, her hair whipping across her face. Tears fell to the earth, as her pain, her loss rumbled inside her. Bullets zipped passed her. Some tearing at her flesh, the helicopter was quickly gaining in behind her. A bullet clipped her ear, she yelled as heat past through her body, she knew it would soon heal. The gun fire deafened her. Another bullet hit her, feathers loosely fluttered forward, blood stained. Panic hit her gut with incredible force. More bullets fired, and more tore at her flesh, up until the point were she could no longer take the pain. Her wings failed her, as she tumbled down to the earth. She tried to get hr wings to work, but they mad her summersault in the air, and mot the good controlled kind, but the ’spiralling out of control’ kind. The ‘copter was the last thing she remembered seeing before she hit the ground.



Her eyes instantly shot open, as she became be aware of some one shaking her, one word spilt from her lips, “Matthew!”

A voice sounded in return but it was not Matthews. “You okay there kid?” Her training kicked in. Without a second thought her fist flew out randomly from under the covers, hitting something hard, she knew she had hurt the intruder. Jumping out of bed, she lashed her foot out, catching the person squarely in the chest. Using her nails she once again moved, scratching her visitors face.

“Son of a…” Will heard a thud, telling her that her opponent had hit the wall, it was soon followed by another small thud, from which came as he fell to the floor. She flickered the switch to her bedside lamp, letting the light bounce off the walls, she still held her defensive pose. Her mouth opened as she saw her ‘attackers’ face.

Logan slowly got up and walked to wards her, the three nails marks on his skin healed themselves as she came to him, wrapping her arms around his waist. “Nightmares?” He asked. She shook her head, burring her face deeper into his chest. “I have ‘em too. Nasty fuckers!” He whispered, but not to quietly so she heard him speak.

“I know.” She said, her eyes became damp, as she sniffled back a moan.

“Can I ask one thing kid?” She nodded into him, “Who’s Matthew?” She cocked her head back and looked at him, Who was Matthew? NO! Who is Matthew? She looked at her feet, and then back up at Logan’s heavy yet caring gaze.

“He’s like an older brother.” She said, remembering him when she last saw him, and all the times before that. He promised.


Down the hall…

“Ah, Ororo there you are, I need to talk to you.” Ororo cringed when Hank’s voice rang out to her, it’s not that she didn’t like him, she did of course, but he was just on her heel nearly all the time lately, it was annoying. Turning on her heel she faced him, cracking open the best smile. One in which he returned politely.

“Yes Hank?” She asked, trying not to sound to irritated by his presence, or him and his ramblings, however that didn’t go according to her plan. He jumped slightly, and took a step back, stammering as he tried to get his words out. That didn’t work either. He closed his eyes taking a moment to gather his thoughts, she sighed.

“It’s about Willow,” He was probably the only one who used her full name the whole time, “I did a blood test, and stayed up all night long, making sure the result were correct, as they seemed to be a bit misleading…” He trailed off.

“And?” he took in a deep breath, looking at her calmly. He opened the medical file that was tucked neatly under his arm

“It appears that our little Will, was grafted to perfection, Her DNA shows, that she is only ninety-eight percent human,” He paused, “the remaining two percent of her is avian…bird. That is why her bone structure and muscle capacity is different from ours.” Ororo stared at him and blinked, “Her DNA has been combined. Think of it as the ovum of a human female being injected or combined with avian DNA. And due to the fact that she is part bird when she woke the other day, the first people she saw she would have chosen as her parents. Those two people being Logan and you.” To finish it all off he gave a light smile. “Just thought you’d like to know.”

“Yes thank you Hank.” She said breathlessly. She frowned slightly. She didn’t seem to witness Hank while he slipped away. She heard a door open, and spun back round, continuing her journey to wills bedroom, only to be greeted by Logan, she blushed. “Logan there is something I need to tel-hello Will.” She announced. Logan turned to her with Will comfortably placed on his hip. Will smiled at her.

“What’s this you wanna talk to me ‘bout darlin’?” Focus, Ororo, focus. But he’s so goddamn hot! Logan slowly made his way down the hall, Ororo who he had left there daydreaming, shook her head and caught up with the two, Will was laughing dramatically. Ororo poked her tongue out at her, but will s laughing didn’t stop.

“I’m sure it can wait.” She said, feeling slightly embarrassed on the subject at hand. It would be so much easier if we were a couple. She thought. They fell into a comfortable silence. It had only been yesterday that they had gone to the mall, clothes and accessorises shopping for Will, it had been the three of them, they had gone as a family would have. It had been yesterday that Ororo, for the first time ages felt that the void in her heart had been filled. The two people walking with her now were her true family, they just didn’t know it yet, and neither did she. But today anything could happen, right? They were going to the beach, again it was just the three of them.

“Morning Ororo.” Jean greeted as she came from her bedroom, looking refreshed, “Morning Logan,” She hesitated, “Will.” Willow smiled, ever since the girl pierced her the hospital needle, Jean had been cautious around her, not wanting it to happen again. The girl was strong and fast, she had to admit that. She scurried away, not much difference from other days, except she was less tense.


Hours later they were on the beach. They had brought Willow a two piece swim suit rather than a one piece, so that they wouldn’t have to ruin a perfectly good item of swim wear for her wings. And because she had wanted one like Ororo, the only problem was they didn’t have Ororo’s make of swim wear in child sizes.

Will ran up to Logan and held out a hand, passing him the wind up camera, “Could you take some pictures please?” She asked in the sweetest voice possible, it made Logan chuckle. He took the camera from her, and she smiled.

“Like what?” He asked, looking around, his eyes glued to the Nubian beauty coming up behind Will. Ororo’s arm snaked around Wills waist.

“Anything that catches your eye.” Ororo laughed as she lifted Will effortlessly, taking a few steps back for Logan. Ororo spun slowly around, Will was laughing hysterically, with no warning Ororo increased her speed, making Will s legs kick out. It was a beautiful sight. Logan wound up the camera, and took the shot, capturing the memory for years to come. He was about to take another one when the sound of their joyous laughter called to them. Firmly placing the camera in his shoe he stood and ran to the two ladies.

Ororo slowed down, one of her hands took hold on Wills legs, and placed her carefully on the ground, as if she were a china doll that was worth millions. To Logan it looked as if she had done it thousands of time before, the motion was fluent, and graceful.

The three made their way into the surf. Logan kicked the water spraying Will, causing her to splash him back. The weather witch looked on at the scene. Hank was definitely wrong, she didn’t think they were her parents, they were her parents. Or so an onlooker may have seen it. Her thought were interrupted, it had slipped her mind that Logan and will may team up and attack her with the sea water. She ran away from them, though they stayed hot on her tail. Logan could have sworn that he’d never seen Ororo laugh so much. It made him smile.

She turned around, only to have her wrists locked between Logan’s iron like grip. Her heart been violently against her chest. She had spent many times at her desk thinking about the phrase ‘a woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle’ and believing it nearly word for word, until she started to wish for a man to sweep her off her feet. The words time spent wishing was time wasted flashed into her mind. It’s time to stop wishing. She thought as she brought her lips to his, drawing her body up closely with his. He went to part her lips with his tongue only to find that she was two steps ahead, and met him half way with her own. Their lips moved in unison. They didn’t part, didn’t dream of parting and Will didn’t stop them either. Instead she spread her wings and flew into the heavens, before racing to the camera to as to hold on to the memory. The sun set.

How was one supposed to let go of secret, and how was one supposed to let go of a family? Things had changed.
Finding you by Mimz
The sun shined through the curtains filtering itself into the Ororo’s loft apartment. Her smile reached from ear to ear, as she reminisced the events of the last night. There was no way that had been a dream. It had been a week since the beach incident and both acted almost as if nothing had happened. There were reasons though, like Ororo taking back her classes, after much persuasion from her students, “Mr. Summers doesn’t have a clue of what he’s on about. Please come back?” Okay so it was more like begging, but to be honest she couldn’t have Scott take on her every lesson and his own, and neither could Jean. It made her feel bad, and not just because of that, Willow wouldn’t be able to go out with Ororo and Logan together as much. She would hardly see them anyway. They were both teachers, and their lessons collided with each others, Ororo could have been teaching when Logan had a free period. It was up until last night that she came up with the conclusion that life sucked. Logan, however, had quickly changed her mind.

He burst through her bedroom door, not caring what state she was in. she stood there eyes wide. It was he that came to her. He took hold of her and firmly pressed his lips with hers, parting her lips with his tongue, tasting her. “I want you so bad ‘Ro, I need you. I can’t wait any longer!” He had said into her mouth as they parted. She hadn’t complained.

His fingers found the straps on her nightgown, and moved the thin material slowly down her shoulder’s. It slipped off her body and hit the floor, she stepped away from the crumpled garment. His thumb ran across her nipple and it hardened beneath his touch. She moaned. Ororo’s own hands tugged greedily on Logan’s t-shirt, they pulled apart for a moment as he drew it up over his head, and one again he captured her lips with his. His trousers were next to be discarded on the floor, followed by his boxers. They stood there in Ororo’s room, the feel of skin on skin was too much. Logan was as hard as granite, she noted as she brought her legs up over his waist. He moved them over to the bed.

He entered her slowly, the feel of her around him was distracting. No words were said, nor did they need to be spoken. On her body’s own accord she arched into him, matching him thrust for thrust. They had a rhythm, but didn’t stick to it. Logan’s thrusts became harder and faster, as the animal took control, Ororo didn’t seem to care, as she too rode her beast, the storm within her raged to be set free. “Come with me Logan, please?” She said as her orgasm built up within her. Her walls clamped down around him as he throbbed inside her. They came together, as one.

“There are no words that describe us, are there Logan?” She asked, her orgasm subsiding. They lay there still joined, not wanting to part.

“Yeah, there’s one,” He said as his breathing slowly started to synchronize. “Perfection.” He stated, looking at her directly in the eyes, “Perfection.” He repeated in a light whisper against her lips, as their dance started all over again.

She lay there in bed, an empty space beside her, she hadn’t cared that he’d left her, she’d see him soon anyway, downstairs, with Will, her darling Will. She removed herself from the tangled sheets, rapping her robe around her body. Her smile left her, as her mind puzzled over the red satin on the carpet. She knelt down besides it, taking her finger into the liquid. She brought her hand up and rubbed her middle finger with her thumb. Blood. There were a few more blotches that lea into the bathroom. She followed it. On the door there was a smeared hand print, an identical one was painted on the wall. Her hand went to her mouth, pools of the stuff surrounded her feet, a lithe form crouched by the toilet breathing hard. Everything went silent as the figures face turned up to hers. Male. Dark skin, but light like hers, his hair was Short but fell over the side of his head in white waves, highlighted with brown, matted. His body was badly cut, and bleeding heavily. She ran to his side.


In the rec. room a crowd had formed, Jean frowned as she pushed her way through, wanting to know what the commotion was about. Her hand went up to her chest, the sight before her was unreal. Logan was sat on the couch with an arm around Will, a book in hand. He was reading o her, and every other chapter or so, she read to him. The child had brought something out of him, and Ororo, all of them. She couldn’t help the small feeling of jealous that crept into her heart. Scott and her had been trying for so long for a family, and these two, they had something fall from the sky, and immediately placed them as mom and dad. She disappeared back into the crowd, and into the kitchen were a group of the students sat talking quietly amongst themselves.

“I don’t see what the big deal is. it’s just a kid, Logan doesn’t treat none of us like that.” Bobby said, frowning at the attention the teachers and student’s gave the ‘little angel’.

“What, you want Logan to read you bed time stories, aren’t you a little old?” Kitty said. They all laughed at him. He balled his fist and smack it hard on the table. They all went still.

“That’s not what I meant!” He barked, “He treats us like crap, he hates kids, why treat her any differently?” The group just stared at him. No one seemed to have an answer, or one that would stop Bobby’s complaining.

“Wills just a kid Bobby, she needs attention too. Besides were Logan’s students he’s meant to treat us that way so he doesn’t get so attached to us.” Rogue said, looking at him, he shrugged.

“Yeah Bobby, that way it doesn’t get personal.” Kitty chimed in.

“Then how come he’s ‘attached’ to you?” He asked Rogue. “He’s not just attached to It, he’s fathering It!”

“It, she’s not an It, how would you like it Bobby if you never had parents, and people saw you as an It. She’s like us Bobby, just because she’s getting more attention than you doesn’t mean you can go around and judge people!” Rogue shouted standing up from her chair, she glared at him. Bobby shrugged, before he had time to answer he was interrupted, Ororo’s voice entered the kitchen, startling everybody.

“Somebody help me!” She screamed, her attire covered in blood. She had gotten ride of the robe, and was now wearing sweats and a loose fitting t-shirt. Her face looked pale. Everybody turned to her and gasped. Logan pushed through the crowds and went to her.

“‘Ro?” He asked taking hold of her.

“He’s hurt Logan, There’s blood everywhere. I couldn’t do anything, we need to help him.” She cried. Logan nodded and rested her head in his chest, rocking her gently. Jean came up to them, Scott could be heard ushering them into the rec. room and kitchen, telling them to remain calm.

“Who’s hurt?” Jean asked calmly, placing a warm hand on Ororo’s shoulder.

“A boy, he’s in my room.” Jean nodded, and swiftly moved from the couple, starting her journey to Ororo’s bedroom. Logan and Ororo soon followed, as did Will, but no one knew she had gone.

Jean opened the loft door, and moved her head around the frame, checking that everything was safe. Like Ororo had said there was blood, and lots of it. The boy had moved, his frame sat huddled into a ball at the end of Ororo’s bed. Jean crouched next to him and took a physical, taking mental note as she worked.

“Oh no!” She gasped as she pulled out a wing, like a et would do with a small injured bird, “Another one.” She shook her head trying to grasp the contrast between Will and himself. There could be more, just like this one, she thought as she carried on with her work.

No obvious concussion, yet slight defect to pupil constriction to light-loss of sight.
Torn cartilage to left wing.
Disrupt shoulder tissue, healing slowly-healing factor?
Light skin, not showing recent scars-similarities to Ororo? Parents alive/dead? Age?
Broken ribs, maybe fractured.
Slight scar to the forehead, but slowly healing-back to healing factor.


The boy flashed images into her mind as she made her assessment, unconsciously of course. A familiar face, no two faces, flashed into her mind, two faces in which she had seen before. Her gaze travelled to Ororo. Oh my god… she thought, her mind jumping in so many directions. It cannot be.

The questioned burnt itself into Jean’s mind, turning her head up toward Ororo and asked, “When did your parents die?” Confused Ororo threaded a hand through her hair. It was one of those questions Jean should know the answer to.

“Ur…When I was five, twenty-two years ago, Jean you should know that!”

“No, the exact date?”

“I don’t know, I don’t remember.” Tears jet streamed down her face as she relived the day she last saw her parents, how she was trapped under rubble waiting to be rescued only to wake and find her parents lifeless bodies gone.

“Think Ororo.” ‘What does this have to do with anything Jeannie?” Logan asked mentally, Jean didn’t answer.

“January the 27th 1984.” She said, and like Logan slightly confused at what this had to do with anything.

Will manoeuvred around Logan entering the room, Logan looked down at her and picked her up, the child’s eyes were wide and focused on the boy, Logan spoke, “Matthew?” The boy looked up and caught Logan’s stare, he nodded and gave a weak smile.

The boy, Matthew, his voice was like honey, “I promised I’d find you, I never break a promise.”
Truth or Dare by Mimz
Logan stood by the kitchen window, sipping his coffee. It had been a week since the boy came, and Will had been different. She spoke of hunters, and The Man, and when they asked her questions on the subject she turned them away, thinking they would hurt her when they only wanted to help her. The students found it strange that their two unemotional teachers actually gave a damn, well more than usual.

Lie the predator he was he watched. Ororo had been seen with Matthew more during the past two days, all they did was talk or walk in comfortable silences. That had always been their thing. His and Ororo’s. and some kid was taking that away from him, taking his place.

“Hey Wolvie. What ya doing?” Jubilees voice rang out, almost startling him. He hadn’t caught her scent. Damn distractions.

“Nothing.” Jubilee stood by his side. Yeah, Rogue may have been like a little sister, but she was his side-kick, an annoying one at that.

“Hey is that the angel guy? What’s he like?” She asked, turning her head trying to look around the glass, which she did often.

“Hopefully he’s in a lot of pain, other than that I don’t care!” He said gruffly and in a not caring tone.

“I bet he’s cute then. He seems to be hanging around Ms. Munroe a lot. Don’t you think?” She said clicking her tongue. She was purposely trying to get on his nerves, so nothing new there, “Wonder what they talking about?” Logan balled his fist and smacked down hard on the table, nearly spilling his coffee. Jubilee gave a startled yelp and hastily move out of the kitchen, not wanting to be come Logan’s lunch.

Setting his coffee mug down, he frowned. He pushed himself from the counter and went out the room, knocking over chairs as he did so. Yeah, he was pissed. Shows what loss of sleep can do. His nightmares had come back, but they wee not his own. Some how someone was projecting their own nightmares and they reached him. Jean was the link most probably, he just got in the way. Matthew, it had to be. It started with a young boy with his mother, she was tall much like Ororo, she hadn’t aged too badly, then it switched around, the woman was in a hospital bed, cold lifeless, dead. An older man hitting him, abusing him, needles were everywhere, at one point the thought it was the same people from his past, but they weren’t. Many wore lab coats, and ran tests for the boy. Next thing he knew he was in darkness, in a crate judging from the sides. Will was there, she ah bee thrown in, she was smaller, and banging her fists against the door, Matthew said something but it was always blurred, then it ended just as soon as the boy jumped off a cliff. It wasn’t the nicest things to sleep to and wake up feeling the urge to kill. He rarely felt that anymore, he had gotten so used to his nightmares, but for a young child to go through what he saw wasn’t right.


Outside…
They had been walking around the grounds for a while now, talking about nothing relevant. Ororo wanted to know about Will but wasn’t sure to how to ask. Matt seemed well educated for someone who’d been treated so violently, but then again so did Will. Natural intelligence. Ororo smiled at the thought.

Matthew brought his hands together and rubbed his palms, “So what is it you want to know? I’m presuming I’m right in the matter?” He said. His voice was music, a sound that when a normal human heard it would fall to the ground.

She nodded, “Everything. Everything about you and Will, your family. Everything.” He looked at her sincerely.

“That’s asking a lot,” She nodded in understanding. “I’ll start with Will since you’ve become comfortable. Where to start is the problem. I guess the beginning would be best, but I’d be missing out some other vital information if I do that.”

“I’m not worried, I just want to understand about how you work, if that makes any sense?” He smiled at her, she turned her head, his smile was like her mothers, always calm and understanding.

“My mother died three years after I was born, during that gap between my mothers death and Will, my father tried and failed to make more of us, he grafted different types of DNA, only to have still births or miscarriages from the subject mothers. Only one other creature survived, he called hem hunters, but I’ll tell you about them another time.” Ororo nodded, and placed a warm hand on his arm, not wanting him to feel pressured.

He continued, “Will mother was a homeless sixteen year old girl, who had been in the prostitution business, she had an older sister who they also took in, and trained her to kill. The younger girl, was forced into carrying out the experiment much like some of the other subject mothers. I got to know the girl since she was thrown in a cell will me. The institute where these experiments are go forth was…is much like a prison, cot beds, metal toilets and so on. She was scared and half the time didn’t know what was going on. She thought the men would kill her-”

Ororo interrupted him, “What was her name?”

“I don’t know, and neither did she, the scientists have a way to hypnotise you, and they tell you only what your supposed to know, and what your role in life is. In places like these giving out names means getting personal, or emotionally involved, that’s why we were given numbers. All except me, my mother and father were the founders, and I was their second child.”

“Second child?” Matthew nodded.

“Their first child was a little girl, she died three years before I was born. Anyway, Wills mother died after birth, heartbroken, they never let her hold her own daughter.” He paused as if waiting for Ororo to ay something.

“Her father?” Right on cue.

“A scientist, he visited her regularly, if you get what I mean, raped her countless times, of course not long after they found out that conception had taken place they killed him. Her older sister killed him, that ha been her test subject, to make sure she was suitable for the job, they gave her orders to kill her own sister too, but fortunately for her, her sister died at birth, as I told you.”

“And her sister, what happened to her?”

“She’s still living, I hope, she let me go. Will doesn’t know about her being her aunt, I never told her, it would mess her up even more.”

“What do you mean by that exactly?”

“Her moms sister, Celia, I fell in love with her. Will never trusted her, I never understood why.”

“Maybe because she’s taken place as your sister, that she’s become protective of you. That she wants all your attention because like everyone else in her life has left her, she doesn’t want you to leave her as well.” he nodded in agreement. “May I ask, is flying all you can do?”

He shook his head, “No, unlike Will, I also developed other mutant factors, apart from healing small tissue wounds,” He paused and gave her a toothy grin, “I’m an air bender. Watch.” He took her hands in his and slowly the air formed into a small ball in her palm, Matthew bent down and took some dirt from the ground, he sprinkled it over his creation, to show her the air ball’s outline. The dirt travelled around like waves in the ocean, as if someone had scooped up the sea in a handful. After moments it died down, Ororo looked down at her hands in amazement.

“I take it you don’t need wings to fly?” She asked looking up at him.

“Very true, if only my father knew that before I was born. But it does help when I fly, it lets me travel faster.” Ororo laughed, and so did Matthew.

“I must ask for I am slightly curious, when did your sister die and how?”

“My mother and father never really told me the exact date, only the year, 1984, a bomb explosion, buried them, my parents were retrieved, but my sister couldn’t be found.” He said, “I would have liked to have known her.” A hint of sadness tinted his voice.

“It must be a coincidence, my parents died in that year.” Coincidence, it has to be, my parents would never…But mother always seemed interested in angels and fairy tales. Ororo thought, blinking away her tears as she shook away the thought.


Hanks lab…
Hank jumped as the door burst open, a breathless Jean entered throwing a manila folder in front of him, Sitting in the spare chair. She looked as if she’d seen a nuclear bomb drifting down towards the mansion grounds.

“Hank tell me I’ve done this wrong, please.” She begged as he opened the folder, and skimmed through the documents. They were Matthews DNA results. He stopped looking through the papers, his facial expression changed to be just as shocked and surprised as Jean’s.

“My stars and garters!”
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=1913