WIld Storm by kayjin927
Summary: We all hold our true selves in check. For some it is a choice for others a necessity. He was gifted with seeing her innerself but unknowingly he wounded all that was exposed. This is the tale of Ororo and James
Categories: General Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 7115 Read: 5820 Published: 09-04-06 Updated: 07-30-07

1. Chapter 1 The Return of Questions by kayjin927

2. The return of Memories by kayjin927

3. The Once and Future King by kayjin927

4. REVELATIONS by kayjin927

Chapter 1 The Return of Questions by kayjin927
WILD STORM

The Return of…

Disclaimer: I do not own X Men or any Marvel associated characters

The cool summer breeze gently blew through the opened window, disturbing the Egyptian silk curtains. To the woman lying on the queen-sized bed the breeze offered slight comfort. Her normal sleep patterns had seen her wrapped in her white Egyptian cotton sheets, leaving parts of her body uncovered.

The figure in the shadows was perfectly still. He was watching the woman and he could not help but be drawn to her long shapely legs and her bare back. She was on her side and he could clearly see her profile. He could make out each contour, tracing the silhouette with his eyes, losing himself in the brown chocolate shade of her skin.

She had grown out her ivory hair, and from the angle he was looking at, he could see that it at least came to her mid back.

I guess I have been gone a long time. He thought to himself.

The months of traveling and searching had been hell, but they were worth it. He had found out so much about his missing past and he knew now that he could move on. The truth could set you free and that was something he now fully understood. By knowing his past, he could now put it to rest and move forward. He had returned to her, his memory of their time together fuelling his steps.

Would she forgive? Would she welcome him back? Would things be the same as they were before he left? Or would it all be broken?

“Questions”, he growled. It was always to better to get answers than questions. He would reveal himself and from there he would see where it goes. He could not predict her reaction, so he would not try, but he could not help himself. Stepping out from the shadows he had so easily blended into, he approached her form, wanting to catch a glimpse of her. As he got closer, the clouds seemed to part and the full moon that had been hidden was now fully exposed. The moonlight streamed through open windows and bathed her form in its silvery glow. His breath caught in his throat and he stilled, words escaped him. He stood still, truly appreciating the beautiful woman on the bed. He wanted more and he needed to catch a glimpse of her face, so he moved even closer.

The gentle breeze suddenly increased and the disturbance affected the sleeping woman. The woman on the bed murmured something in her sleep, shifting slightly and drawing the sheets closer to herself. The figure had paused when the breeze had picked up, not only because he did not want to disturb the woman but also because to his heightened senses the breeze had felt a bit arctic. Mentally shaking off the cold, he continued towards her, each step bringing him closer to her. Her scent, which had been diluted by the breeze, was now becoming more evident the closer he got to her. A natural fragrance that spoke of the garden she tended. The various scents that included the ancient Kenyan flower aptly titled ‘The Ororo’ that was the symbol of her tribe and followed her wherever she went. It clung to her body and was as much a signature of her as her ivory hair or deep blue eyes. It rode every wind and preceded the arrival of one of the strongest mutants he had ever known. There was something else in her scent he could not identify it.

He reached his hand to caress her face, to touch the woman he felt so deeply about.

That was when he saw it. Her usually svelte form was supplanted and the thin sheets only served to drive that fact home.

He stood motionless, hand stretched out but unmoving. He was in shock, tiring to process what he was seeing.

James Howlett, The Wolverine, Weapon X felt a surge of emotions that threatened to spill over and yet he stood still. His visage did not betray his inner turmoil.

The gentle curve of the sleeping woman’s belly left no room for ambiguity.

The memories came then and he was transported to chaotic events of what they called The Last Stand, the war in which so many people lost their lives.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His advanced senses had picked up the person who approached him.

“Logan” a soft voice said spoke behind him and he turned to see the new Headmistress of The Xavier School for the Gifted.

He had been enjoying the view of the grounds and grabbing a bit of fresh air before he went to go and see the new students for at the main hall.

“What’s up Storm?” he asked and he knew that his tone conveyed that he knew exactly what was up.

“Were just about to start, with the assembly, I came up to call you” she said

He could hear the quiet dignity in the soft statement and he dropped his sardonic reply choosing instead to take her seriously.

“Just grabbing a bit of fresh air, I was actually about to come down in a little while, but I’m glad you came to get me” He said and he smiled to her trying to get her to relax a little bit. She also smiled and he truly appreciated it. He concluded that there was something to smile about, the school was back on track and the deaths of their comrades had been dealt with and accepted. Now all that remained was to move forward and to work together to keep Xavier’s dream alive.

“No problem Logan, let’s go. Some of the children are eager to see you after the holidays. It seems you rub off on people in spite of your loner status,” Storm said.

She was getting more relaxed Logan noted.

“Don’t you know I’m lovable guy once you get to know me.” He replied in a mocking tone.

“Lovable? Sure you’re lovable, if you’re into sharp edges and deep cuts” her playful tone lessening the sarcasm in her statement.

“That’s what you see on the outside. On the inside I’m as soft as a teddy bear”

“On the inside Logan you’re made of adamantium so that shoots that statement out the window” laughter evident in her voice.

The two then made their way into the house to welcome the new students.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The strong wind blowing outside of his window awoke him and the hairs on his body began to rise. Something was wrong.

Snikt! The sound of metal was heard in the dark room. He did not switch on the light but he did not have to, he could see well enough without it. He flipped the bed sheets and steeped out of the bed, he made his way to to door but not before he grabbed the pair of jeans, he had discarded on the floor. Shrugging them on he made his way out. The weather report had said clear skies and calm weather but that was slowly being disproved by the strong winds and far away echo of thunder and lightening.

Storm.

He made his way to the second floor balcony and stepping through the doors he was shocked at what he saw. Storm was soaring through the air at incredible speeds and it seemed that the wind was trying to catch up with her. Thick black rain clouds were gathering, the thunder and lightening now growing closer and more pronounced.

“This is bad,” he said to himself. ‘There was something wrong with Storm she had never openly manifested her powers like, letting run free and unchecked. What made it even worse was that she was doing it on the first day of school, and for those who did not truly understand why she was called Storm this display of raw power would come as a shock.

That was not to be a problem because as soon as it came the storm suddenly quieted down and it was then that Logan saw her suspended in the air. She was motionless 100 feet off the ground and he could clearly make out her form. For a moment, everything was calm but suddenly to Wolverine, the world exploded.

Everything was calm

He immediately took action, resheathing, he claws he hopped onto the rail crouched low and the gathering his strength he launched himself into a trajectory that would coincide with the path of the now free falling Storm. Soaring through the air the Wolverine went to save his falling comrade. Front flipping to slow his momentum a bit he reached out his hands and caught her. Pure white eyes stared into his and even as they approached the ground, they changed to their normal cerulean blue. Still firmly in his arms, she clutched at his neck drawing herself to him.

“Logan” she whispered.

The impact with the ground would have been bone shattering for a normal but for Logan it was nothing. He was so worried about Strom that he did not even feel it.

“Ororo” he said. “Are you ok?”

“That’s the first time you’ve called me by my real name Logan” she smiled and then it seemed that fatigue overwhelmed her and she closed her eyes.

“Ororo” he said shaking her lightly.

She was asleep he realized and he listening closely he heard her steady heart beat confirming that she was fine.

He carried her back into the mansion were some of the older students were trying to figure out what was going on. He saw Bobby talking with some of the new students trying to calm them down and he realized that they needed calming down.

He raised his voice

“Nothing to worry about kids, Miss Munroe was just practicing and it seems she exerted herself a bit. Go back to sleep it’s alright.” Hopefully that would calm them down. “Bobby, Rogue, Kitty get everyone back to bed and I’ll take care of Miss Munroe,” He asked the three seniors. With that, he made his way up the stairs to Ororo’s bedroom.

The large room was serene, reflecting the owner’s personality. The roaring fire made it much warmer than other rooms and he was glad to be in from the cold.

He tried to lay her gently onto the bed, but the person he was trying to help impeded his attempt. Ororo had wrapped her arms tightly around his neck and it seemed that she was unwilling to let go. The close contact with Storm was something he had never experienced, he had not even had a casual hug with her. He could feel the soft swell of her breast and the hot air of her breath on his neck. His heightened senses only served to intensify the situation, making Logan aware of Ororo. She was assaulting his every sense and he did not know how long he could stay like this.

She suddenly woke up but Wolverine could see that she was disorientated and when her blue eyes regarded him, they suddenly widened. She flailed in his arms trying to get out of the compromising position. He decided to let her go but her moving had caused him to lose his balance, his mind being under siege from her being in his arms did not help him regain it.

They were tipping over and knowing that his large body mass could crush a normal person he turned mid fall so that Ororo was still in his arms but now she was on top.

They both lay still. Storm was on top of him, her brown skin hiding the blush that had come to her cheeks. They lay like that for a while, neither wanting to break the moment. He could feel and hear her heart racing and he knew that she could feel his.

He had never felt this way before and he realized something that had been part of his sub-conscious from the first time he had met her. She had the scent of someone he could give his heart. He lifted his head slightly and captured her lips with his own. At first, she resisted but soon she melted into the kiss. His hands reached up to slide through her hair and she in turn deepened the kiss.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was the beginning of their love affair. He made love to her that night and every other night until his abrupt departure.

Now he was back.

The door slammed open and as he turned to the intruder, he felt the enormous psychic blast rip into him and it was followed by a strong force that held him rigid and then hurled him out of the second story window. The psychic force ripped parts of the wall out as well. It continued to hold him but then he felt himself stop in mid air, he struggled against the hold but it was absolute. The force then inverted and began to drive him towards the ground as if to plant him as a flag on the institute’s grounds.

This is going to hurt he thought to him.

Inches above the ground an opposite force to the one that held him stopped his momentum. He felt the two forces strain against each other. The one that had saved him seemed passive, but strong and the attacking force was wild and powerful. He thought he was still going to be intimately acquainted with the ground but he then felt the second force increase its power and it then brushed the first off as if it was nothing more than an insect.

Disorientation in the form of being violently handled like a rag doll was not quick to fade and he found himself being flipped upright and then dumped onto his back.

Lying on the ground Logan had a clear view of the figures descending from Ororo’s bedroom. One was clothed in green, with a shock of fiery red hair and to go with that she was surrounded by an aura of intense red and gold light. The other figure was dressed in what looked like a silk maternity gown and this one had an even more intense aura of blinding silver light. The pair descended and landed next to him. Blue eyes regarded him quizzically. The owner of the eyes spoke in an intimately familiar voice spoke.

“If I had known who it was Jean, I would have let your crack his skull,” The figure said the anger and spite evident in her voice. She folded her arms, subconsciously emphasizing her very pregnant belly and she turned away. He could hear others coming from the house and the faint hum of a high tech hover chair.

“Welcome home Logan” The red haired figure said

“Is everything alright?” said a commanding voice that Logan had last heard broken and on the edge of despair.

“It seems our prodigal team mate has returned Scott,” said a familiar voice that snapped Logan from his slight daze.

“Ghosts” growled under his breath. Her back was still to him and that sent a spear through his heart. Relegating the ghosts to the back of his mind, he stood up and went to touch the woman he loved.

The contact was electric literally and figuratively because as soon as he touched her shoulder a bolt of lightening ran across his hand. He withstood it knowing that it would pass.

“Ro” he said softly.

She turned then he clearly saw the tears in her eyes threatening to spill over but they did not. He pulled her into his arms being careful not to disturb her growing stomach. She pulled back out of his embrace and he could see the grief plain writ on her face. The tears did not come but she used Mother Nature to expel some of them in her own way. The clouds swiftly gathered a torrential downpour started. Soaking everyone around them.

“I’ve shed too many tears over you Wolverine,” she said and pulling herself completely out of his arms, she gathered the wind lifted herself up into the air through the pouring rain and into her bedroom.

He stood there unmoving.

“Asked and answered,” he said to himself. He then turned to the ghosts wondering what was going on.

“We are not ghosts,” the ghost of Professor X said.

He was a bit startled.

“Great more questions” he said through the heavy rain.

…Questions
The return of Memories by kayjin927
WILD STORM

The Return Of…

Disclaimer: I do not own X Men or any Marvel associated characters

The darkness of the room welcomed her back. She had not physically traveled far to get back to her room but the emotional journey of turning her back on the Wolverine had been exhausting.

He had returned… after so long he had returned. Her hand moved to rub her swollen belly, a small smile gracing her face. A smile that was replaced by the furrowing of her brows. The weather was getting worse and she quickly realized that some of the students would be a little scared by the sudden storm that had been unleashed. She had worked hard to control her fluctuating emotions. The right thing to do would be to stop it completely, to restrain her emotions and bottle them up. That would be the right thing to do. She was tired of the right thing to do, for now she would just let it go, if only for a little while.

Normal people would, shout, scream, find any way to vent their emotions, but she was not normal. The pouring rain was her tears, the thunder and lightening her screams. This was how a mutant vented.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The storm had quieted down just as suddenly as it had started, though it had raged for long while. She felt emotionally drained, from the confrontation with Logan, as brief as it was. In truth, it was all that was needed. A brief exchange, an explosive touch. All that was needed…

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She lay on her bed, resting from the nights drama. She had repaired the damage to the window, with a thought and all that whispered of the earlier events were the ripped curtains.

Ripped like my heart

She was lying on the bed curled in the fetus position, with her hand on her abdomen. A familiar position she adopted whenever she wanted to think. She imagined herself in the womb of the Goddess, protected and unaffected by the world. Here she could think.

He was back and she was angry, she was sad, she was overjoyed, she was devastated, she was all these things and more. Her emotions embodied her namesake perfectly. STORM. How could he do this to her, with one touch, one word and an indescribable look He had returned.

She could remember his deep brown eyes and his burning touch. His deep, rough voice saying her name.

“Ro”

How could so much be carried in a single... a single name.

She had been dreaming of him when Jean attacked and from then she ran on instinct. Calling upon her powers she countered the violent attack of The Phoenix and halted the then unknown figures imminent demise. Struggling with Jean’s Phoenix Force she had almost given up the fight, but then her ancient birth right awoke. The power she felt in fitful moments was fully manifested and then it became all too easy to counter Jean’s attack.

Jean had said she sensed an intruder and she had countered by saying that she did not have to kill the intruder.

Since herreturn Jean a.k.a The Phoenix had been more aggressive and her pregnancy had not done anything to help the situation. She had become a shoot first and ask questions later kind of mutant.

She had seen so many people return, but his return affected her the most. She remembered when it all began when The Wolverine, when Logan became James.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She had had a hard life, losing her parents a young age making her an orphan, being a thief on the streets of Cairo, her hard trek to the south of Africa, almost being raped and finally facing her growing almost cataclysmic powers of controlling the weather. For all the pain there had been good moments and she clearly remembered the Vision the Goddess had given her on the beautiful Serengeti plain, the ancient home of her people.

The Vision she had was of her innermost desire and through all the connections she had made none had ever known about this. That Vision had overtime become her dream and her goal, to think that she would one-day achieve gave her the drive to take her life into her hands and carve out her destiny.

Another highpoint was finding her people and leading them to a prosperous future where none would suffer as she did and finally Ainet, the woman who she would regard as a mother. The guiding light that brought her in from the dark. She spent many years exploring both her mutant and bloodline powers with the help of Ainet. The price she paid for her increased control was a complete detachment from her emotions but at the time, it seemed like a small price to pay. Charles had come into her life again after she had met him briefly in her pickpocket days, when she tried to lift his wallet and he told her his dream. After seeing, that her people were well looked after she had left to join the X-men. She had formed strong bonds with Charles, Jean and Scott and now they were all gone.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The stress had been getting to her, as the new headmistress of the Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters she was tasked with not only running the school but also keeping Xavier’s dream alive. She had truly believed in his dream and she had accepted her position as someone who would help Charles make them dream reality, but she had not once seen her self as the person driving that dream. When she was young all she cared about was surviving and her dream was to get off the streets and find a home not to change the world. That was Charles dream to change the world and she had chosen to help him do that, but now Charles was gone and only she remained. She realized that she was wrong, Logan was still around but he did not understand the position she was in because he had only known everyone a short time unlike her.

She could clearly remember the night when she let it all go, surrendering to the storm of emotions she had suppressed for so long and she could remember him…

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Late and a bit unfinished please tell me what you think. Sorry, work and other stuff.
The Once and Future King by kayjin927
WILD STORM

CHAPTER 3

The Once and Future King



The intense flash of white light could not be missed. Logan and all the others on the grounds were startled at this sudden intrusion in the night.

The light began to intensify temporarily blinding any who stared at it directly, except Cyclops whose glasses not only protected the world from his uncontrollable optic blasts but protected him from all forms of ocular disruptions. As it was he was able to see what was occurring, in that conflagration of light. A figure was materializing in the centre of the intense light, he or she was on one knee, head bent down and back curved. Suddenly the figure looked up and his eyes locked with Cyclops, yes in that gaze he could clearly see it was a He. The stranger’s eyes were a bright sparkling blue that was accentuated by the intense white light around the figure.

To his shock the figures eye colour began to change in a familiar way. There was no time to warn the others, only time to act. He reached for his glasses and tore them off and focusing his mutant ability to convert solar rays and he fired into the light.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Sharp smell of ozone and the loud buzzing sound told Wolverine that Cyclops had fired his optic blast, it was confirmed when he caught the beam in the corner of his eyes and he could clearly trace its trajectory, straight into the heart of that Light.

The intensity of the white Light had eased off a bit and as such he was able to not only follow the blast but he was able to see the counter blast that came from the Light.
Quick thinking One Eye. He thought to himself even as he jumped out of the way. He was also able to see Jean projecting a barrier around herself and the professor and moving them away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Light had knocked her out of her melancholy and reflective mood. It was so bright and clear, almost transforming the night into day. She got up remembering that the others were outside and wanting to find out what was going on. As she made her way to the window she stopped abruptly. There was something wrong. Her connection with the weather was interrupted, and it was then that she felt it. There was another presence vying for control of the weather. Before she was the only one in touch with the planet, a connection deeper than what most could comprehend but now there was another... and the smile that came to her face was one that had not been seen in long time.
"I'm not alone"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jean gleaned the situation from Cyclops’s mind and she realised what she had to do. The figure and Cyclops were locked in an optic blast battle but what scared her was that the figure was winning. Not wanting to unleash his full power Scott was trying to contain the figure’s attack. She needed to stop the stranger or a lot of people would get hurt.
“I’m fine Jean, do what you have to do” the Professor mentally said to her.
Jean Grey tapped into the power that she once thought was hers…the Phoenix Force. It was revealed that she was the carrier but the power was not hers, it had only chosen her.

She was going to disable the man and stop him from causing harm to anyone at least that was her intention. It was not to be, because for some reason, the Phoenix powers would not answer her call. The Phoenix Force was being immolated somehow and she quickly realized that it was the figure that was doing it.

“This is bad” she said out loud.
She looked away from the energy battle to see Wolverine edging around the figure and she also saw that the light around the figure had not disappeared but had contracted around him, forming a white flaming aura, occasionally tinged with red and blue streaks.
Storm, we need you! She sent the psychic call to her friend even as Wolverine leapt at the figure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His claws were not extended not wanting to kill the attacker but he was aiming to seriously knock him down. He was not overly worried about the aura although he felt energy and heat in it.
As he passed through it an intense heat claimed him, it was similar to the power he had felt at Alcatraz but it was more potent.

He was frozen in thin air just as his fist was about to land, even though he couldn’t move he was able to see the beams receding. Some power was currently diffusing the situation and it seemed that they were all unable to stop it.

He had felt this Power…this Will before
“Ro”


--------------------------------------------------------------------


“Who are you and what is your purpose here” a commanding voice spoke.
From where he was frozen he could clearly see the figure, whose aura had died down completely. He had wild spiky white hair, he was of medium build, tall and his skin was slightly tanned.
Logan could not see his face but he could clearly see that the man was trying to escape the power that held him.
Even though he couldn’t move, he was not without resources. He could hear that the stranger had a calm heartbeat, his scent seemed familiar but he just could not place it at the moment. He also picked up minute muscle movement showing that the stranger was struggling against the power holding him.
“A stranger in a familiar land” he said with a hint of cockiness in his voice. Logan found he had to revise his earlier thoughts. He was not a man he was a boy.
He was suddenly let go and deftly landed on his feet. He looked behind him to see Ororo floating in the air with her eyes locked onto the boy and her hand outstretched.
Slowly the others began to gather, first Jean, then Scott and finally Professor X.
The boy was forcibly turned towards them by Ororo’s will and Logan was able to get a good look.
He was young, and Logan guessed that he was no more than 16 years old. He had striking blue eyes that reminded Logan of…of…. Ororo
Could he be… he did not finish his thought not wanting to speculate on anything.
“Tell us your name and you will no longer be a stranger” Ororo spoke to him in a softer voice.
The boy hesitated but finally he spoke
“Jin” he said
Jin, the Japanese word for Virtue
His thoughts were interrupted because the boy continued
“I have come from the future seeking knowledge and power to defeat a great evil.”
“Do you always shoot first and then ask for help?” Scott queried
“Not always but, I had to find the strongest among you.”
“Why?” Logan growled out.
“To identify the one who could help me gain the most power in the shortest time.”
Of the gathered mutants there had only been one who had subdued this boy… Storm.
“Let us get back inside and we can discuss this” Professor X advised.
“Please Grandmother you must help me save the world” Jin said.
Logan did not understand what the boy said and he assumed that everybody couldn’t but he was surprised to hear words in the same language.
“By the Goddess!!” Ororo replied in shock.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Year 20XX
The Dawn of Apocalypse
Underground Mutant Resistance


“It was a great risk allowing him to travel to the past” He said.
“I know but we had no choice.” She replied. “He wanted to go, to face his destiny. The stars shone brightly upon his birth. It was a clear sign that he was destined for greatness.”
“Destiny is a foreign concept among our kind. We do what we can with what we have. We are mutants and we fight to save the world.”
“He is more than that. He is the hope of the World” the woman said.
She slowly went into his open arms and she leaned into his embrace. She inhaled deeply taking in his scent and allowing it to wash over her. It always brought a sense of serenity to her.
He brought his hands around her and laid his head on hers.
“I trust your judgement, Kendall” he whispered to his wife.
“Thank you Nathan” she replied….


-----------------------------------------
REVELATIONS by kayjin927
WILD STORM

CHAPTER 4

REVELATIONS


Xavier Institute for Gifted Children


“The mystery seems to continue” Charles Xavier said as he heard to Storm and Jin talking in what he assumed was Storm’s true mother tongue. He was a bit surprised that he did not understand because he had thought himself well versed in ancient languages and this one was indeed ancient. Though he could not understand the words he could understand the rhythms and the flow of it. To his ears it reminded him of beginnings…
The others were clearly confused and Charles felt that they should go in side to digest the events. Things never stayed quiet for long in this world. After his return he had wanted a bit of peace and quiet. He had been surprised and happy at finding out that Ororo his adopted daughter and heir was expecting a child. For the first time in long time he could see that she was truly at peace. She was no longer keeping her emotions on a tight leash, and he attributed it to the life developing inside of her.
He sensed a strong connection between Ororo and her unborn child and now he felt another one developing…
The pieces of the puzzle were fitting together.
Logan and Ororo…So it happened…
“Shall we head inside” he suggested to the party. He could already sense the curious minds from inside the mansion trying to get a glimpse of what was going on.
He turned his chair and began moving to the Mansion everyone followed his lead.
He noticed though that Logan placed himself between Ororo and Jin.
They made their way into the Mansion and he clamed the students down and reassured them that there was nothing to worry about and that they can all go back to sleep. He then led them to his study.
He watched them all come in and he couldn’t help but chuckle at the two powerful yet heavily pregnant mutants who took the more comfortable chairs that were lined against the wall to his right. The men remained standing with Jin inbetween Scott and Logan.
The two women had so many differences.
Jean with her flame coloured red hair, pale skin and glowing red eyes, seemed wild and exciting.
Ororo with her snow white hair, mocha skin and ice cold blue eyes seemed serene and calm.
The truth of it was though that they were different from what they outwardly appeared to be. Jean longed for the peace and calm that the Phoenix had taken and Ororo wished to let it all go, to once more allow her emotions to be free and wild, she longed to live.
He guessed that that was the reason they were such close friends now. Through each other they could experience what they sorely missed….

Charles waited for everyone to be settled and then he spoke.
“Well Jin, it is clear to us that you are a mutant and a very powerful one at that. What is unclear is what we can do for you. This evil you speak of, is it localized to your timeline or does it occur in ours as well?”
“Timeline?”
“Yes, timeline. There exist countless alternative realities and times and I assume that you are from one of them.”
Jin was silent for awhile and then he spoke.
“I am certain that I am from this timeline, from this reality. I have travelled back to this point using a fusion of magic and technology. At this time I do not exist in that time and I will return to that point once my mission is done.”
Charles digested what the boy had said.
“That is quite remarkable. Time travel has never been easy and the cases I have come across were always of people or mutants from other realities. This is the first time I have seen someone from our future.”
“What does this mean Professor?” Scott asked.
“It means that from Jin’s future now has already happened and Jin is fulfilling a destiny of sorts. Clearly whoever sent him here from the future knew that in the past Jin had appeared at this point and thus they knew to send him… A bit complicated but “My parents, sent me.” Jin informed. “They said I was the hope of the future… They never said what I was supposed to do or learn but they did say it was the key to defeating Apocalypse.”
“Apocalypse!” Wolverine exclaimed. “I thought that guy was done for good?”
Jin regarded Wolverine with a shaded look. “unfortunately for the future that isn’t so.”
“En Sabath Naur… The First One.” Storm said. “Going back to in the annals of my people he is still remembered. The Great Enemy who threatened the world….My people were stronger back then and it was through them that he was defeated.”

Charles was silent waiting for Ororo to continue. He had always known that Ororo was special. She was of Royal blood and he had no doubt that she traced her ancestry back beyond the dim vales of time. Ancient texts had revealed to him the history of Apocalypse and for all intents and purposes he should have ruled the world. But something had happened and Apocalypse had been defeated, on the plains of what was now known as South Africa. A powerful sorceress stood before and challenged his godly powers. Powerful magic’s had been unleashed that day and Charles hoped to never witness destruction on the same scale that he had read. But with this new arrival from the future he could feel his hope slowly dying.

“They are stronger still” Jin interrupted Ororo. “Your separation from them has blinded you to the truth.”
Instead of countering or disputing what Jin had said Ororo fell silent and regarded Jin with a steady and unflinching eye.
“They have not been still, while the wheels turned and ages passed. That you do not know this means you have been gone a long time… how disappointing.”
A low growl emanated from Logan and he slowly turned to Jin.
Jin visibly tensed.
Before anything could happen Ororo gently placed a hand on Logan’s arm. There was nothing said between them but the effect of that touch made Logan stop.
“If that is the case then it seems I am long overdue for a trip back home.” Ororo said.
“How do things stand in your time Jin?” Scott asked
“Apocalypse holds the continents of North and South America and most of Europe. The Last Free Continents oppose him but their resistance is crumbling. His army of mutants grows and it is all we can do to hold on….” His voice was on the edge of despair.
In Xavier’s eyes the boy seemed to show his years. He was far too young to be holding such heavy burdens.
Ororo then surprised him when she stood up and moved gracefully, despite her girth, around Logan and to Jin. She laid a hand on his shoulder.
The boys psychic shields seemed to drop for a second and Charles inadvertently picked up a stray thought.
‘I always loved you best Nana’
That it originated from Jin was in doubt and slowly realization began to dawn on him.
His vast display of power on the front lawn had not gone unnoticed and Xavier finally looked at the boy. He really looked at him, seeing him and Ororo confirmed it.
This boy is Ororo’s grandchild…


-----------------------------------

He tensed when Ororo stood up and went to comfort the boy. For all of his incredible power he is still just a child.
A child…
She moved gracefully past him, her scent invading his senses. He could now identify the change in her scent that he had smelled earlier, it was now motherly…
He knew without a shadow of a doubt that Ororo carried his child in her womb. It was instinctual…and Logan was a man ruled by instincts…
He knew her intimately and the bond that formed between them was unmistakable. She was his and he was hers…
He observed Ororo giving comfort to the boy and he imagined her in the same way with a young girl or a young boy with white hair and… blue…
Logan had always prided himself on being observant and never missing much. Due to his mutation his senses were heightened to levels far beyond normal humans.
One thing he had learned though was that increased senses were no use to anyone if they could not filter, process and store the stimuli they received. That all resided with the mind.
Instinct ever warred with intellect but he had struck a balance.
All at once he felt that balance shatter…
He was a boy from the future, with white hair and blue eyes…
Logan turned and really looked at the boy. His silent but tense regard must have been noticed by the boy because he looked up and his eyes locked with his.

‘Took you long enough…grandfather’ A voice said in his mind.
Logan grunted his acknowledge and he couldn’t stop the stray thought that came to his mind
How can he be telepathic?


-----------------------------------------------

“I think that is enough for one night. It is very late and it would not do for up. We will resume our talk tomorrow Jin and from there we will decide a course.” The Professor said. “Scott can you prepare an extra bedroom for our young time traveller?”

“Of course Professor” Scott answered. He turned to the boy. “You can come with me Jin.”

The boy slowly stood up and moved to stand next to Scott.

“Good night” he said and he left.
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=2052