Longing by TheWolf
Summary: Logan and Ororo have been away from the mansion due to a prior injury and heartbreak. now who's to pick up the pieces and what will come of it?
Categories: General Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Action, Comedy
Warnings: Violence, Adult language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: No Word count: 1190 Read: 1624 Published: 01-04-07 Updated: 01-04-07

1. chapter 1: realization by TheWolf

chapter 1: realization by TheWolf
It was early winter morning, the earth calm, fog so thick it was dangerous to drive. In the woods the deer kept in herds as they licked and ate at the moist rich grass around them. The trees seemed a little lifeless with most of all there leaves gone and branches covered in snow or ice, bears where in hibernation for the winter as snow rabbits hopped around in the thick layer of know in search of food or shelter.

Everything seemed as it where in nature, that is until a lone figure walked out of the solace of the forest and maid it’s way up a path that lead up to a cabin. Covered in furs and skins of animals that he had caught for food and other things, the figure walked up to the front door of the cabin and stopped the snow from his boots. Walking in he pulled his sweater back to revel a handsome, muscular man that looked so much part of the wilderness around him. Looking around he sniffed the air and smiled as his stomach growled in hunger.

Taking off the heavy clothing he stayed in his pants and adjusted his flannel shirt. “ ‘Ro ya here?”

“Yes.” Spoke a soft voice from the bathroom, having heard the water in the sink then the door open Logan made his way to her. Walking out of the bathroom stood a tall African beauty, a woman that stood a foot taller then him yet fit to him as if they were made for each other. She had hair as white as the snow that covered outside, alone with blue eyes that held so much emotion and honestly, along with the pain that she had over come in her life time.

Walking up to her Logan smiled as he reached up and touched her face. “Wounds are healing nicely.”

“I would expect so with all the bickering and tending I got from you. I didn’t know you made such a good wife Logan.”

“Ouch. Nice one darling, you’re getting better at the insults and they said I could never corrupt you.” He smiled.

Ororo also known as Storm laughed at her long time friend. “Who said I got it from you Wolverine?”

He in turn laughed at her comment “Point taken, I remember that time you gave me the shock of my life by cussing like a sailor.”

“And if you ever tell anyone about that I’ll be sure to test that healing factor of yours, I still know that metal and lightning still do bad when put together.”

“… and now she pulls out the big guns.” He laughed “Dinner almost ready?”

“Yes, and I finished packing your suit case. It’s hard to believe that we have not been home in 6 months.” She said as she made her wait to the kitchen with him closely following right behind her.

“Darlin’ I dun care how much ya deny it I know ya needed ta get away and just figure things out. I mean that panther guy did cheat on you. The fucker, I don’t care what ya say I never liked the asshole, and if he’s there he best leave you alone or he’s sorry ass is gonna be buried in different parts of the state. No one hurt’s ya and gets away with it, not even me.”

“Logan please I highly doubt you’d ever hurt me intentionally. I know the type of man you are.” She started to fill 2 plates with food.

“Oh really? And what kinda man am I?” he asked in wonderment as he started to set up the table and grab the drinks.

“ Well rude and obnoxious for one.” She smiled as he chuckled.

“and second?” he asked

“Caring, wild, and free…” She smiled wanting to say something else but refraining from doing so. Over the last 6 months he had been by her side, always coming when she called him, always holding her when she cried and always soothing her when she was in pain. He was more then she could find in a friend. Yet, over the last few weeks she felt more. Their connection had shifted from jut being good friends to being something more. They occasionally kissed but what friends didn’t? They slept in the same bed mostly because it started from her injuries and her constant need of watching over. But he never complained he was there as if he should have been there from the very beginning. Sighing she shifted her train of thought as she put the plates on the table and took a seat.

Logan had gotten the table ready and took his own seat as they started to eat. “So tomorrow we head back. Excited?”

“Yes and No. I mean I love it here its peaceful and quiet, but then I do miss my family Scott, Jean, the Professor, the children. I liked waking up and getting ready to teach a class. But I also like waking up here and having nature surround me.”

Logan grunted “Know what ya mean darling…. Except the Scott thing… he can still kiss my ass.”

She in return shook her head “and the children, we all know you have a soft spot for kids.”

“Oh yeah darling, can’t wait ta have my own.” He shook his head and rolled his eyes as she laughed at his antics.
Some time later when they had finished eating they got the cabin ready for there departure in the morning and got all of there things ready and loaded into Logan’s truck. At the moment they were getting ready for bed, Logan made sure she took her medications for the wounds she had gotten prior her leaving the mansion that had him in hysterics. Now both ready for bed they climbed in. “night Logan see you in the morning” she kissed him on the lips then turned on her side away from him as she settled her head on the pillow and closed her eyes.

“Night darling..” He turned and spooned her from behind. He on the other hand felt as much as Ororo did, he felt this change happening between them. Every time he was this close he wanted her, every time he woke up to her he thought he was dreaming, and every time they kissed he wanted more. But his own mind battled his heart, he refused himself to her, he knew she deserved better then him. He was as everyone said… an animal, then again she was the only other one that thought and believed differently. Perhaps something would come out of this, this passing thought shocked him. He was falling in love with his best friend, his opposite, yet even so opposite and different they fit… and for one the battle with in him stopped. He wanted her, and damnit he was bound to get her with that Logan’s last though before he drifted was meant for himself and silently for her as least for the time being. “love ya darling.”
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=2237