Shedenfrude Verson 2.0 aka X4: Dived and Fallen by Goddessreiko
Summary: This is a re-write of Shedenfreude, but with a brand new plot and a completely new ending. Sure there are a few identical elements in the first couple of chapters, but the plot will rear its ugly head and rip a new one in a new direction. So here we go, round two!
Categories: Serials Characters: None
Genres: Action, Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No Word count: 10656 Read: 6210 Published: 02-14-07 Updated: 02-28-07

1. Broken by Goddessreiko

2. Confusion by Goddessreiko

3. Not Alone by Goddessreiko

4. Unprepared by Goddessreiko

Broken by Goddessreiko
X4 : Divided and Fallen
Chapter One: Broken


Author’s note: *’s are used for telepathic thought and foreign languages. I’m no good with finding language translators or with accents, so there, fair warning.

~Eighteen months after the (fart fest) events of X3.~

Kitty turned off the television and made a half hearted attempt to clean up from movie night. She noticed how people had suspecially began to leave claiming to be tired ten minutes before the movie was over.

Kitty: [mumbles] Little bastards. Happens every damn time.

She turns around from the foyer to pick up more of the spilled popcorn and Chexmix, and doesn’t hear the lone figure come in and laugh softly at her.

Person: They all do that because they know that someone is always there to pickup after them.

Kitty swings around startled and catches her breath.

Kitty: Jesus, Marie. You scared the balls out of me. [looks at her watch] What are you doing coming in this late? In fact…um didn’t you leave?

Marie places the two duffel bags that were in her hands down next to a propped up suitcase with a swivel handle. She looks at the bags and then looks at Kitty with a brow raised.

Marie: What does it look like?

Kitty: So, you’re staying? [She tilts her head because she clearly can’t understand her.]

Marie: [leans comfortably on the wall and crosses her arms over her chest] No Kit-Kat, I just left for Mississippi to get more of my stuff just to leave here, again. [She says with a sarcastic tone].

Kitty looks away and heads towards the kitchen with the empty bowls and left over food. Marie simply stands aside to let her pass. Her eyes narrow at the retreating girls back.

Kitty: I’m glad your back. I was hoping that fight you had with Bobby wasn’t the end all of everything for you.

Maire: [says to herself] Nah, that didn’t mean nothing. Taking the cure for a boy that wouldn’t touch me, now that meant something, dumbass. [Raises her voice] Where’s Ms. Monroe?

Kitty: It’s after midnight, you know she’s asleep. I mean damn, she’s awake at the buttcrack of dawn every damn day. [She looks at Marie with a questionable look. There is obviously something wrong with her.] You ok?

Marie: It’s kinda important. Something happened on the train…

Kitty: Again? Damn girl, you have no luck with those things.

Not even Marie can hold a scowl after that comment. Both girls giggle at that.

Kitty: But seriously, if I were you I’d let it wait till morning, well, late afternoon actually. Ms. Monroe hasn’t been her chipper morning self in while.

The younger girl gets lost in her thoughts and Marie looks to the side.

Marie: Ooo, what about Logan? I really need to tell somebody about this.

Kitty: Logan left.

Marie: What! When? Why? Is he coming back?

Kitty: [Shrugs casually] I dunno. He never says. Marie, what’s wrong. Is it important? Did you meet someone? [Inhales dramatically]

Marie: I guess it can wait. Look, I’ll see ya later. I hope Jubes left the door unlocked.

Marie grabs her suit cases and bags to head up the stairs. Kitty yawns as she missed the other girl scratch at her no longer bare arm.


~Meanwhile in the boy’s dormitories~

Peter tosses and turns in his sleep only to wake up in a cold sweat. He rubs the bridge of his nose and sits up. Something just wasn’t right. He turned to his side to grab a pair of tube socks in his nightstand. The drawer was yanked open a little too hard and the picture above it begins to swing out of control. He catches it just in time and sits it up straight. Even in the dark, he can be seen smiling at the image.

It is him at an airport in front of a window with planes in a foreign language frozen in mid take off. Peter has a large grin on his face with a preteen smiling blond girl hugging his waist.

Peter: [Talking to the picture] This is all your fault you know. [mimics the voice of a young girl] Piotr, try the socks. They’re so comfy and soft. And now I can’t go any where without them. Thanks *little sister*.

He gets up to move to the bathroom uses it but keeps the door open. There’s no need for it, he is the rooms only occupant.

While washing his hands, his phone rings and he rushes to answer it.

[Author’s note: this entire conversation is in Russian]

Caller: Hello, Piotr?

Peter: Illyana?! I was just thinking about you. How are you feeling, better right? How’s the farm? You know how I hated leaving everything, right? I wish I could see you again, and catch up.

Illyana: [laughs but stops suddenly because of a coughing fit] You might do that much sooner than you think.

She smiles hoping that her brother can feel it through the line.

Peter: You know I hate it when you get cryptic. What’s going on? You sound like you haven’t gotten any better. Should I come home?

Illyana: NO! Don’t you dare, Piotr. You are there for us all. [coughs again, sounding worse] Besides, I wont be to far away as of tomorrow.

Peter: What? Your coming here?

Illyana: Not there exactly. They’re taking me to St. Jude’s in Philadelphia. So now I won’t be to far away from you.

Peter: I…I thought you were getting better?

Illyana: How can I get better if they don’t know what’s wrong? Don’t worry, big brother. It’s for outpatient care, unless I’m contagious. [She giggles.]

Peter: Not funny!

Illyana: Alright big guy, I think I should go before this calling card dies. Love you.

Peter: Be well. And remember, magic always makes you smile.

Illyana: It always did. [She hangs up.]

Peter swallows slowly and hangs up. For some reason, he thinks, life could never just be nice and free. There was always a mean edge to it and it always cost something. His sister was coming to the states, hooray! She was coming because of the undiagnosed crazy disease she had come down with could not be treated back home. He shook his head, then made a feeble attempt to go back to sleep.


~Xavier Memorial Gardens~

Rain pelts down in loud heavy torrents, ripping apart the carefully manicured lawn and flowers. It beats mercilessly against the three marble headstones that stand in the center of the lush green field. In front of the headstones stands a woman, totally headless of the rain. Her immaculate clothing was getting soaked. She couldn’t care less. It was made apparent when the bottle of clear liquor in her hand was brought to her lips. Her lock of white hair was tossed to the side with an angry toss of her head.

Ororo: [speaking to the large center headstone that was in front of the other two] What happened to you? Hmm? How could you let it get this bad? You were worried about the future. About your past. About Jean’s problems. I hate to break it to you, but there’s more to life than that. You once told me when I was very small that I should think of myself as more than just what I can do, but how I can help. [She laughs bitterly] Turns out you lied. Big time! You know another reason why you…you stink. The only father figure I constantly remember and you only used my name one in the last two years. Well I’ll have you know that there’s more to me than just cloudy skies. [She laughs bitterly and drinks more while stumbling behind Xavier’s gave to talk to the other two.]

She moves to the headstone that read Jean M. Grey Beloved and Missed.

Ororo: Missed of course you are sweetie. [drinks again, this time tipping her head back for good measure. She takes her arm an unceremoniously wipes her mouth with the back of it.] Beloved, you bet. In fact, you were blessed enough to be beloved by two families. Your blood thought you were still good enough even after you were found to be, “special.” Beloved by two men. I know you loved that. It made you sit up straight, stick your chest out, wear sweaters. Mine in fact. Had a good time did you? I know you did, it made you giggle. The world and everyone in it was ok as long as Jean got to laugh and have a good time. Selfish moron! Do you have any idea what that did to Scott? You should. He had once bragged about that link that you two shared. So I ask you again, “Jeannie” [the nick name is snarled], do you have any idea how Scott suffered in your greedy grab for attention. I hate to be the one to break it to you but there was one other person in your relationship. But then again, you did have a problem with seeing beyond yourself and thinking ahead didn’t you. You get off the plane, worse tactical move ever! There was a trained *team* of people in there fully prepared for something like that. Then there’s your parents, all those people at Alcatraz… Of course there’s an excuse for your brutal genocide. There’s always an excuse for you Jean. You wouldn’t be beloved if there wasn’t. Hell, even I love you. How’s that for irony? [She throws her head back and laughs angrily. She stumbles to the last grave, downs the bottle and collapsed on her knees right in front of the headstone.]

Ororo: Scooty! Where’d you glow? What did I shell you ablout letting tings get to you? You know you lied to me too. Remember when we found out that we were bloth AB-. You said, ‘Hey, we have the same blood. I should adopt you.’ Ha! That day you became my brother, and I was your slister. It was just great. Everybody else had families to talk to for birthdays, holidays, first dates, prom dates. Hank and Jean would always get care packages. Well, you and I had midnight movies. I miss those. I miss helping you with your laundry. You ploor thing you, being color blind and Jean leaving you to your own devices in the laundry room. I think it was the only time I got to see you be Scott without the Cyke.

[She lays down on the graves and makes her self comfortable.]

In a response to the now softly snoring woman, the rain slowly begins to calm and fade away. She wiggles when her cell phone rings. In her dream like state, she could have sworn it rang with the song she had reserved for her brother. She continues to have a restless fit, and the bottle that was her hand rolls away.

Unbeknown to her, brown thick boots stalk their way right up to her. A leather jacket is wrapped around her and her shoulder length hair it pulled out and away from her face. Soft smoke is blown away from her.

Logan walks over to the vodka bottle and picks it up. He shakes his head as he takes it back into the house. When he saw the rain and her the shouting he ran out to the gardens to see if he’s help was needed. Seeing Storm out there by herself, he had turned around to give her time. Even though he had walked away he had heard every word.

Once in the house, he tossed the bottle and headed to the Head Office. He sits in the chair behind the desk and throws his legs on the desk corner making sure he left scuff marks on the desk. He casually flips through the mail until he comes to the last letter, and freezes.

The letter has beautiful script and is addressed to Ororo Monroe, and even though there was no return address the seal on the back read: Eric Lensherr.

Logan: Why the hell is Magneto writing to the school? What the hell is going on?
Confusion by Goddessreiko
Logan begins to pace in the Head Office with the envelop still in his hands and is spitting mad. As he crosses the roaring fire again, he stops, contemplating whether or not to throw the letter in. He unleashes a short claw to open the letter, and suddenly stops again. He rereads the envelop.

Logan: Wait a minute. [looks intently at the letter] This is addressed to…

He looks out the window, which has an excellent view of the Gardens, and put the letter back as he watched Ororo sleep fitfully. He leaves hoping that she will talk about the letter when she has the chance.

Logan: Don’t worry about it, bub.

He walks out thinking to himself, that he could trust her to open up, only to realize that he didn’t know her enough to know if she would approach someone else about this first. Thinking about how he finally saw her react to the deaths. It had only taken her two years to grieve. Before he could ponder her reasons for delaying her natural reactions to the grief, he could her shuffling and banging noises above him.

~Upstairs in the Girl’s Hall~

Rogue throws her suitcase on the wall carelessly, opens it up and begins to empty it. Realizing how much noise she was making she looks up at the top bunk to make sure that she wasn’t waking up her roommate, Jubilee.

She stood on her toes to peer in the upper bunk only to see that her roomie wasn’t there. Not bothering to worry about her partying again, she continued with her stuff when she heard a knock at the door.

Marie: Alright, alright. Hold yer horses.

Logan: Common, Jubes. You know the rules. School nights mean lights out at eleven.

Marie: [opens the door swiftly] Guess again, shoog.

Logan: [Surprised and taken back] Maire, what in the world. I thought you left for good. What…what are you doing back?

Maire: What? I ain’t welcomed anymore? [She smiles and winks.]

Logan: Common, kiddo. You know that ain’t the deal. I thought you were happy with the choice you made to move on.

Marie: I was but something happened, Logan.

Logan: Kid?

Marie: [Turns around to pace in her room and makes a silent invitation for him to come in] I was on the train headed from Baton Rouge to Nashville and everything was fine. Then I felt it.

Logan: What?

Marie: All those memories of everybody I touched the last two years just came floodin’ back. You, Magneto, Bobby, Pyro, Peter…All of a sudden too. It was so strange. Some of the memories merged and it was all confusing. Like I only briefly touched Bobby, and I specifically remember what memories I took. On the train, more came back. Much more.

Logan: What are you saying?

Marie: When I took the cure, all of that went away. But like, all of a sudden, I’m eatin’ peanuts ignoring this guy making dreamy eyes at me then, WHAM, all these visions come back. My skin is feeling all bubbly, and it itches. Next thing I know I’m on the floor in the aisle. People all hovering over me, and Dreamy Eyes is inches away about to do some CPR. I push him away, and it starts.

Logan: Oh god.

Marie: Yea, I get his life in me. I see parties and boobs at Mardi Gras, wallets, cops, dark alleys, and all kinds of crazy stuff. Then I see flashes of Magneto too.

Logan sits down on her desk chair and looks at her intently.

Marie: I had never been so scared in a long time. I let go. I don’t know what was goin’ on. When I came to totally, I went and hugged my self in a corner seat. Someone brought me tea, and when I went to get it, the dang thing exploded.

Logan: You think Mags sent him after you?

Marie: Why? He ain’t go no reason to come after any more. I mean what good would it do for him?

Logan: I don’t think it has anything to do with that. I mean, you took the cure on your own and it was forced on him. Maybe it’s some kind of twisted revenge.

Marie: [Contemplates this idea, then shakes her head] I doubt that’s the case. He isn’t the kind for petty revenge like that. When he does something, he will always go big.

Logan: [snorts with laughter] You sure about that, Kid?

Marie: [Turns to look at him with low eyes and simply taps her head.] I still think I should tell Ms. Munroe.

Logan: Well, keep your self bundled up and wait on that for a bit. When I saw her tonight she needed some down time. First thing in the mornin’ though, you talk to her. Get some sleep now.

Marie: Alright, and Logan…

Logan: Hmm?

Marie: Thanks.

Logan: No problem Kid. Oh, by they way, where the hell is Ju-Ju?

Marie: [Shrugs and does a pitiful job of showing her lack of knowledge on the subject] I dunno.

Logan: You don’t actually know, or is that girlspeak for she’s at Harry’s.

Marie yawned and shooed him at to get dressed.

Marie: Class tomorrow. Night Logan.

Logan head back to his own room and opens up a beer can. Leaning back against his head board and reached into his pocket. In his hands is a gold wedding band he twirls around. He held it up to the light coming through his window and looks at the inscription inside. It looked as if it was scratched, but it was in a specific pattern. On the top side of the ring was also lightly engraved with a light pattern of blossoms with intricate petals.

Logan: [peering at the ring closely] Sakura? [He wipes his face.] Dammit all. [snarled] I hate this. [He closes his hand around the ring and is about to throw it across the room, but changes his mind.]

He makes a note to himself to get the inscription translated. With that thought he tries to go to sleep with the approaching dawn, with far too much on his mind.

~ Very early the next morning~

Ororo struggles to wake up. She scratches her nose only to rub dirt on it. The sun directly above her forces her eyes open, and she sits up completely bewildered.

Ororo: What in the world? [She looks down at herself and stands up abruptly, still unsure about how she got here. The jacket around her shoulders is also very foreign to her.]

Not bothering to stand outside to ponder it, she sniffs her pits and decided to clean up then start the day. Before heading to shower, she empties her pocket and leaves her cell phone on her vanity, without checking to see who that missed call was. When finished, she leaves in a rush, this time completely forgetting the phone.

In her office she sits at her desk, frowning at the scoff marks on her desk and groaning at all the disorganized paperwork on her desk. She looks longingly at the brandy carafe, then at the clock. It wasn’t even eight thirty, yet. After a deep sigh, she begins to slowly finger threw the mail and stops when she comes to a letter addressed to her in writing she hadn’t seen since she was a teenager.

Ororo: Magnus? What is going on?

She open’s the letter and reads.

Dear Windrider:
I know that it was difficult for you to open this, so I would like to thank you first for letting by gones be what they are.
I am unsure if you knew that I wrote Charles on a regular basis. But if I recall correctly, he always confided in you, and knowing you as I do, I do not believe his confidence in you was ever misplaced.
I hear that the mansion is still standing, and the children are happy. I also know that you must have your hands full, but I fear that I must ask you for a favor. I am usually able to contact Wanda on a regular basis, and lately I have not. I fear something is wrong, and since I do not have the resources I used to, I was wondering if you could tell her to contact me. I would appreciate any help in this matter that you can spare.
Thank you again, and good luck in your future endeavors.

E. Lensherr

P.S. There is also another pressing issue I must speak with you about as soon as possible. I would rather not write about it, so if you find a way to contact me. I cannot risk another correspondence.

Ororo: Great, just bloody great.

She turns to role her eyes at the approaching her open door.

Ororo: Dammit Logan, it’s not even nine yet. What is it?

Logan walks in with his hands in his jeans, and calmly takes a sit on the couch.

Logan: So, watcha got there?

She hands over the letter without a second thought, which is promptly read.

Logan: Who’s Windrider?

She glares at him.

Logan: What do you plan on doin’ about this, bosslady?

She walks over to the window sighs and rubs her forehead.

Ororo: My original plan was to muse over with a martini as a referee.

Logan stand up to next to her and smirks. He noticed when her arrived that the brandy was half empty, and his boss still smelled faintly of top shelf vodka. His brow wrinkled at that. He was sure that his nose was the only one that could smell it, and he still didn’t like that.

Ororo: You do know that we have to help him.

Logan: For cryin’ out loud, I knew you were going to say that.

Ororo: I want to keep this to ourselves for now. This may escalate and I don’t want a panic.

He nodded.

Logan: We may need all the trained students ready.

Before she could answer, there was another knock on the door, even though it was open.

Ororo: Come in.

Peter: Ms. Monroe? I need a favor.

Ororo: Sure Peter. Name it.

Logan squints, already not liking where this was going.

Peter: My sister is in the States, now. Not to far away, actually.

Ororo: Wow, you must be excited. Is she any better?

Peter: Not really, she’s still undiagnosed. But she is staying at St. Jude’s outpatient facility. [Looks down and pauses.] I was wondering if I could get two weeks off to stay with her, at least during these first few tests.

Ororo looks past him and narrows her eyes at Logan who is vigorously shaking his head no, and waving Eric’s letter. She looks back at Peter and smiles.

Ororo: Of course Peter. Take the month off. Both of you could use it.

He flashed her a brilliant smile as he bounced from the room.

Logan: You purposely ignored every word I said, didn’t you?
Not Alone by Goddessreiko
Logan grunted as he basically power walked down the hall with Ororo. He wasn’t used to someone else’s hustle and bustle.

Logan: Where’s the fire Storm? And, who the hell is Wanda?

Ororo: [Stops suddenly and slowly turns to look at him] First of all, am I in uniform? [holds up a hand to stop his unneeded answer] No. So, do *not* call me that. Second of all, Wanda and her brother are close friends, and near and dear to this fam…[she inhales and tries to clear her head and looks at him angrily.]

Logan: What?

Ororo: You really don’t know do you?

Logan: [raises his voice because he’s not getting a straight answer] No! I don’t that’s why I’m asking you.

Just then Warren is seen walking and going through paperwork ahead of them.

Ororo: Warren [said with a smile.] I have a quick question for you?

Warren: Sure.

Ororo: Who’s Wanda?

Warren: [Leans back, and looks at her like she’s lost her mind, but indulges her] Wanda and her twin Peitro are Magneto’s grown children. When the Professor and Mr. Lensherr taught here they were in the first class with You, Scott, Hank, Je…why? [looks wearily at Logan.] Everybody knows this.

Ororo: That’s it. Thank you, Warren. [Looks directly at Logan straight faced. He can’t meet her eyes because her point was proven about his lack of knowledge] By the way, I need a favor from you. I need you to take my morning classes and Logan’s afternoon Danger Room.

Warren: Um…ok?

Logan: Woman!

Ororo: You’re coming with me. Apparently you need a history lesson, and we have to find what the hell Eric was talking about.

Logan hears her tone and low level speech and frowns at it. He decides to let it go, again, and change the topic.

Logan: Oh, don’t forget to talk to Marie when you get the chance. She came back…today.

Ororo: [sighs tiredly] Alright. As soon as I get the chance, ok?

Logan opened his mouth but closed it silently. He could see the tired, overstressed and an emotionally wrecked woman was spread thin. Most people turned to vices when worn out liked this. So, he ignored the smell of Irish Coffee and anger coming off on her in waves. He walked with his hands behind his back and fell into sink behind her. The only thing he had to offer her were apologetic eyes that she couldn’t see.

They enter the Professor’s old private study. Ororo begins to pull down old scrapbooks, discs, and pictures from shelves and she motions Logan to help her go threw them.


~ Two days later~

Jimmy bent his knees and eyed the box on the backboard just like his mentor taught him. He bounces on his knees and mimics the motion of taking a free throw shot.

Bobby stands next to his protégée and shows him the proper stance of a foul shot even in a formal work suit.

Jimmy keeps his eye on the basket and dribbles twice.

Jimmy: So, Bobby, how’d your interview go?

Bobby: Focus! Eyes on the ball and where you want it to go. Besides, nothing to worry about. After all it was just Mr. McCoy, and some other guy. I’m not sure who he was, but he didn’t do anything, so whatever.

This information literally throws Jimmy off his game. He tried to play it off, but his curiosity get’s the better of him.

Jimmy: Was he another government guy? What’d he look like?

Bobby: I guess so. He was kinda sad and droopy, but really intense. Hank didn’t seem bothered by him much, but there were some awkward pauses during the interview. Why, do you remember a guy like that?

Jimmy: [comes out of his stance, tucks the ball under his arm, and seriously contemplates the question] I…I think so. It sorta sounds like Trask?

Bobby: Who?

Jimmy: Bob, no that’s not it, Bo…something Trask. A guy who works with the President.

Bobby’s eyes widen and he stumbles over to the edge of the court and sits down with his head in his knees.

Bobby: I can’t believe it. Why was he there in the interview?

Jimmy: I’m not sure. I saw him one time when I was at Worthington Labs. One day, Dr. Rao, Dr. McCoy, and Trask came in to see me. He just stood by while the doctors asked me questions. I had a lot of blood work done that day too. It was kinda weird. But I think that he may be Mr. McCoy’s boss.

Bobby: Yea, I got that impression too. But other than Creepy MF’er, um it went really well. Hank was pleased with my resume. It felt odd seeing that he offered me the job then told me I still had to come in for the interview. I’m not complaining though.

Jimmy: So, what is it you’ll be doing again?

Bobby: Research Assistant in the Depart of Mutant Affairs.

Jimmy: Wow! Sounds impressive. Marie is gonna love that. Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge.

Bobby: [snorts and shakes his head sadly] I don’t think so. Man, I haven’t even talk to her since she came back. I mean, it’s so strange every time I’m in a room with her, I feel like I’m she’s a stranger. After she took the cure, I just don’t know her anymore.

Jimmy: If I was in a room with Marie, the last thing I would be doing is talking. Aw yeeah. [Holds out his hand for a manly handshake]

Bobby slaps him in the back of his head.

Bobby: Perv! [suddenly tips the basket from underneath his arm and dribbles towards the basket for a perfect lay-up] How about it, first one to ten wins, and loser does all the dishes, by hand.

Jimmy: Oh, you are so on.


~Washington D.C.~

Hank sits and clenches his teeth as Bolivar paces in front of him. Large hairy blue hands are seen gripping the handles of a chair that are out of view from Bolivar. Hank’s face is twisted in restrained fury. Hank looks down at paperwork on his desk, on top is Bobby’s Resume. Sticking out slightly underneath is a paper with the letterhead from the Department of Defense and a list of names that’s obscured, but a partial phrase can be seen that says: Omega/ Level Five Potential and Alpha: Wanted.

Hank: Have you lost your mind completely? That isn’t a rhetorical question, by the way. I want an answer.

Bolivar: Oh come now, Hank. I’m sure that’s not the question you really want to be asking me.

Hank: Why Drake and Lensherr?

Bolivar: The last thing any one needs is someone with Grey’s potential to go ballistic again. Best thing to do is to know where and when another potential…incident could take place. As for Magneto, well, let’s just say safety first. So, make sure that boy shows up here first thing Monday morning.

Hank: [stands up to his full height] This is not why I’m here, why this department is here.

Bolivar: You know what, Hank? You’re right. [points to him like a child] You are most absolutely right. Or so you think.

Hank: I put my own research and my own medical practice on hold because I thought I could help more people this way. All this talk of eradication of mutants, I knew that it was a fear of the unknown. My scientific knowledge of mutations was used for the benefit of men and mutant…and here I am working with the President on a daily basis and I find this. [holds up the papers]

Bolivar: [laughs to himself] Again, you hit the nail on the head. You sure were helpful. [He stands there at his full height and smirks at Hank.]

Silence.

Hank: [comes to a slow and painful realization] Is this some kind of hit list?

Bolivar looks around the room innocently.

Hank: No no no. There’s more to it than this, isn’t there.

Bolivar: Oops. Look at the time. I have a meeting. It’s been fun. I suppose I’ll be seeing *you* around.

Hank watches his leave with angry eyes. As soon as the door closes, he flips open his cell phone and speed dials the Mansion.

Hank: Hello? Who is this? Hello Artie. Ahuh, thanks wonderful. I’m glad your grades are up. Where’s Ororo? I need to speak with her *now*, it is imperative. I don’t care that’s she’s busy. Listen to me, young man, find her and put her on the phone [growls] NOW!
Hank did feel sorry for scaring the living daylights out of the child, but the paper he was staring at made him feel the same way.

Omega Potential/Level Four Alpha
WANTED
1. Robert Drake: Last Known Residence “ Xavier’s School for the Gifted, Westchester, New York/ Ability: psionic ability to manipulate thermal energy, potential to freeze any known substance. Considered armed and dangerous because ability has no limits.
2. Eric Lensherr: Last Known Residence “ Unknown. Ability: Can manipulate and shape any form of any metal. Can create magnetic force fields. Also has a natural resistance to telepathy. Can fly with low maneuverability. Can see magnetic and electrical patterns. Last seen de-powered.
3. Ororo Munroe: Last Known Residence”Xavier’s School for the Gifted, Westchester New York/ Ability ….
Hank skipped down already fearing what he was reading until a particular name caught his eye, and took his breath away.

7. Scott Summers: Last known Residence “ Boston…Considered Alive, hospitalized…

Just then Artie came back on the phone.

Artie: She’s on a conference call.

Hank: To who?

Artie: The Academy. But she told me to tell you that Emma told her to come up there cause it was really important.

Hank: I hate to do this to you, but tell her I am going to be meeting her there. I know what this is about. [Hangs up]

Artie: That was the funniest, scariest, weirdest game of telephone tag ever.


~Elsewhere~

Trask: [speaks into a walkie talkie] Yes, he did take the bait. Hook line and sinker.

Unknown Man: You sure about that.

Trask: I know for a fact that he called them. They are going to be wetting themselves in a few short minutes.

Unknown Man: I’m going to send a team out. Keep me inform. Charlie Bravo Out.


~Kitchen of Xavier’s~

Logan had a barrage of sandwiches going through an almost efficient assembly line of condiments, meats, and sauces. He could be heard growling from where the students who were served first, were eating.

He handed another student who was in his Danger Room class a sandwich. This was so not fair, he had just finished an overcrowded session and now had to feed these little boogers.

Logan: [mumbles] Where is that woman?

An amphibian tongue sweeps out the sandwich from his hand and he grab’s it with a lightning fast reflex and doesn’t let it go.

Logan: What did I tell you about that?

Artie: Sthwarry.

Logan: Who was that on the phone earlier?

Artie: Hank, he wanted to talk to Ms. Munroe. Sounded important. But he said that he’d meet her.

Logan: Where, is she?

Artie: [rolling his eyes] Boston, duh.

Logan: What’s in Boston?

Warren: [grabs himself a second sandwich and eats half in two bites] The other school. You know, Xavier’s other school. [He continued after seeing Logan’s questioning face.] Xavier opened up another school for mutants about ten years ago. It’s run by a former student of his.

Logan knew he was out of the loop, but damn. This was ridiculous.

He could smell cheap liquor and natural cigarettes when she walked in. Knowing full well that she didn’t smoke, and hoping that she wasn’t drinking (too), he stopped her just as she reached for a sandwich.

Logan: Just where do think you’re going Ju-Ju?

Jubilee: I’m gonna grab my lunch and go, why?

Logan: No. I told you yesterday that you were on restriction, cause you went out on a school night, and here you are again tryin’ to hide another late night at Harry’s. Who’s the older guy? Don’t lie, cause I can smell the lie, the man, the cheap cologne, cheap beer, and hand rolled stoogies.

Jubilee: Who said anything about lying? Yea, I was at Harry’s. It’s the best club in town. Mutant central. So?

Logan: [leans in and growls at her] I told you not to go again.

All the noise from everyone in the kitchen and dining room dies down a few decibels.

Jubilee: And I said, ‘So?’ It’s not like your gonna be here by the end of the week anyway. So, what are you going to do about it, stab me too? Hmm?

The entire room was suddenly silent.

Jubilee took this opportunity to get her sandwich and jacket and saunter out. When she picked up her cell phone Logan could swear he heard her speaking a lazy form of French.

Now more than ever, he was beginning to wish he had stayed and left. He stuck his hand in his pocket and could feel the cold gold of the foreign ring calling to him. This was worse than the dogtags.

Here he was surrounded by people and yet felt like he was standing alone again. A brief flash of an angry woman staring at graves being completely pelted in rain flashed in his memory. Being alone was something he had no right complaining about. He had made a promise to be here when it mattered. He looked at the empty mayonnaise jar. Yep, he’s still needed.


~Later that night
Academy of Tomorrow: Boston Massachusetts~

Ororo Munroe and Hank McCoy sit in a conference room at a rounded table obviously waiting for someone.

Ororo: You know I hate seeing you under these circumstances. But I’m not complaining to much. [She winks at him.]

Hank: Flattery will get you everywhere. Ms. Blue-is-my-favorite-color-but-i-still-wear-contact-lenses.

Ororo: Ha. Ha. That wasn’t what I was going to say.

Hank: You were going to thank me for being a buffer between you and Emma.

Ororo rolls her eyes and playfully swats at Hank.

The double door of the room open and an exasperated Emma Frost walks in.

Emma: Alright you two, let’s go.

Hank and Ororo find themselves following Emma down into the Academy’s version of the Institute’s Subbasement. Inside the medical bay, Emma pushes back a curtain to reveal a sleeping body.

Ororo stifles her cry of surprise in the back of her hand, and Hank’s face twitches.

Ororo: [Turns to Hank] How did they know?

Hank: When you ordered state-paid medical supplies, did you tell them who it was for, Em?

Emma: Of course I did, or else they wouldn’t give them to me.

Hank: Where did you find him?

Emma: I got a call from the Hudson’s. Apparently they got word of a crazy blind man crawling around in the woods, spouting the craziest story. When they found him he couldn’t speak currently, couldn’t walk. Mac said that he wasn’t, “put all together.”

Ororo: What is that suppose to mean?

Emma: [Looks down at Ororo as if her presence is a nuisance] You’ll have to ask him or Heather.

Emma pulled back the sheet to reveal deep pulsing wounds that should have been a medical emergency, but instead they thin shiny film over them. Hank leaned in to touch one and was surprised at its texture, strong but yielding. Familiar.

Ororo touched his arm and brings him out of his stupor.

Emma: He’s been healing incredibly fast, but it’s obvious that when he wakes up he’ll need some very heavy rehabilitation. [She looks up at the two starring down at the body. They look like she feels. Unshed emotion pours from them both.]

Ororo looks snidely at Emma brushing back a lock of, before she can finish thinking mean things Hank grabs her arm and points at the heart rate monitor.

Emma: Oh good god…Scott?!

Scott: [still asleep] Oh GOD, oh god! Help! Help ME! [begins to struggle violently]

Emma: Not again. [She leans in and holds him down almost like a mother. Just when he’s about to open his eyes, she rolls up her sleeves and converts her arms into flexible diamond and cover’s his eyes. There is a sharp hissing sound red smoke is seen coming out of the corner’s of his eyes.]

Hank: [Pulls Ororo slightly aside]Ororo, why don’t you stay here, and I could pull some string, and be at the mansion.

Ororo: That’s a great…[before she can answer her phone rings.] Hello? Logan, now’s not a good time. WHAT!

Hank: What is it?

Ororo: Logan just got a frantic call from Peter. [swallows hard] Illyana is gone. He came to see here with some snacks and movies, and she’s gone. No one knows anything.

Hank: I’ll go, you stay. When Scott’s awake, tell him, I’m here for him.

As Hank runs to his car he gets a call.

Hank: [looks at the ID and answers with an attitude] Now is not the time Trask.

Bolivar: Whatever it is it can wait. I just got a prime directive straight from my Boss. Sensitive files have been taken from government agents. They need to be retrieved.

Hank: This doesn’t concern me.

Bolivar: Yes it does. I suggest you and yours find a way to get them back… [Clicks his phone off]

Hank: [turns his phone over to speaker] Ororo, did you here that?

Ororo: Yes, I did. I’ll call the team to suit up. Hank, what is going on?

Hank: I wish I knew.
Unprepared by Goddessreiko
X4 Divided and Fallen
Chapter 4 : Unprepared


Hank tears down the interstate highway and takes the exist to head towards Westchester. His furry palms grip the steering wheel so hard it leaves comfort hand indentations in the leather.

Beast: Damn him. Damn him to hell. There’s more to it. I know it. [He rubs temples and calms down just a bit] Illyana, you fair fairy. I hope you can hold this out. Peter, [inhales] you too.

His tires could be heard tearing around the corner of a quiet suburb as he neared his former home.

~Inside the mansion in Xavier’s Study~

Logan sat crossed legged on the floor surrounded by old newspaper articles, old Polaroid pictures, photo albums, even old projections. All the material contained frozen memories of Xavier’s brood that he had first recruited and old friends. Magneto, no, Eric was standing in front of the gated driveway with two grumpy looking children being forced to pose with him who really didn’t seem to like him. Oddly enough, Logan thought, they almost look like him. There was an article in Newsweek about Charles and his early study of young mutant psychology. There was another article with Charles shaking the hand of a dubious looking man. Underneath the article said, “Dr. Stephen Strange Out of Seclusion for a Good Cause.” Logan sorted through more childhood pictures of a quiet statuesque but petite Ororo, a lanky Scott who shied away from the camera, a non-blue smart looking Hank in suits, and a Jean who was eager to learn and who smiled about that.

Logan: Twenty Years later, and nothing changed. [shakes his head ruefully] and searches for more current pictures. ‘

After going through student files Logan pulled the one labeled WANDA MAXIMOFF and PIOTR RASPUTIAN. After pulling out the young man’s he noticed something odd. The file behind his was one for his sister.

Logan: What the…She’s not a student here.

He grabbed the file and skimmed. Apparently Xavier had been considering actively recruiting Illyana. The pages of her file were filled with medical documents and doctor’s notes. None of it seemed interesting until the last prescription note held a slightly familiar name at the letterhead. Dr. Strange. A neurosurgeon? Even more perplexing was the prescription. Mandrake root, honey, and sage boiled and cooled to be applied on her collar bone and spine in a room with her facing east.

Logan: Poor girl, no wonder why she’s sick. She had a quack doc.

He looked through more of her file and found Xavier’s notes on her mutation. The big words were a turn of, but the repetitive one’s stuck to his mind.

Arcane.
Mystic.

Logan: What the hell?!

He looked opened up Wanda’s file and re-skimmed until he found the line he was looking for about her mutation. The notation read, “we believe her ability always her to control a her environment to a point where she can manipulate the near impossible. She flipped thirty quarters ten times, as a test, and all of them where heads. Each and every time.” He read more where Charles had lastly listed her ability as borderline arcane and if trained could master the impossible.

Logan: Damn, that ain’t nobody I wanna fight.

Logan turned the last page and saw a quickly scribbled line. It was her father, Magneto’s, writing. “Wanda has been releasing some kind of destructive energy from her hands. It’s essential that we take her to Stephen ASAP. The bolts have an unpredictable result when in contact with another object. Either they are random or magical. Stephen can tell.”

He went to the desk and flipped through Xavier’s rolodex to find the Doctor’s name and address. He found it and wasn’t the least bit surprised to find the man who prescribed holistic treatments living in Greenwich Village. He was about to call Ororo with the news of the man who he believed to be behind the missing women when the P.A system came on.

Storm: Attention all students and faculty, all trained and senior X-men to the War Room. suited and ready. I repeat…

Logan: Damn, why does she always have the worst timing?

~ War Room~

When the leather clad and somewhat bewildered X-men walked in the had a surprise waiting for them. Hank McCoy was standing there at the hologram de-briefer looking intently at the schematics of a building.

Beast: I’m sorry about the late notice. [He pauses as everyone gets situated and takes a deep breath as Colossus kept to himself in the back.] We have a situation.

He put several copies of the list that Trask had given him on the table for the X-men to read. Oddly enough, like all government memos with sensitive information certain lines were blacked out.

Iceman: What the heck is this!

Beast let the other’s read it to and held up a hand to stop the clatter of confusion and anger.

Rogue: What’s goin’ on here?

Beast: I have reason to believe that this list was stolen tonight. And I also think that this list is much much longer.

Shadowcat: How did they compile this list?

Beast: I pretty sure that most of it came from reports of active mutants, list of cured mutants and relatives, blood work. Any way that they could find a name and address.

Rogue: Oh my God.

Beast: Do not worry about it. The fact is that we need the whole list and we need to find out what it’s for. The three of you will follow my lead going in. Kitty, you get us past security. Once in the offices we split. Kitty, and Bobby you’re with me. Colossus you will follow Wolverine.

Rogue watched the other’s leave for the Blackbird and pulled Beast aside.

Rogue: What about me? I can go. I’m trained. Besides, I think I still have my powers.

Beast: Look Rogue, I know…wait what did you say?

Rogue: I haven’t had the chance to talk to anyone besides Logan about this. But I think I have my powers back. The cure didn’t work all the way.

Beast turned away and rubbed his temples again.

Beast: This is unexpected.

Rogue: That ain’t all though. I…I think I know how they got Bobby’s name.

Beast: How?

Rogue: [sits down next to Hank looking distraught] Because I gave it to them.

Beast: What do you mean? That’s why we have codenames. I knew that the outside of here Bobby is only known as Iceman.

Rogue: When I took the cure. See, um…they had asked me about…oh god this is embarrassing. [Hank puts a reassuring hand on her arm and told her that it was ok for her to go on] They had asked me about my sexual partners.

Hank nods in understanding.

Rogue: We hadn’t done anything then, but I knew the only thing stopping us was my powers. So when they asked me to list my partners, I gave them his name. I had to fill a bunch of paperwork about family and medical records too.

Hank: Wait wait. Why would they ask that? They possible can’t think that mutations are spread through sexual contact.

Rogue: Well whoever is behind this probably doesn’t know. I wouldn’t put it past them though.

Hank shook his head in disgust.

Rogue stands up and heads to the jet.

Rogue: The irony of all of this is really painful. Storm was right. We are being treated like a disease.

~Meanwhile on the BlackBird~

Logan begins to prep for take when the smell of anxious fear climbs in behind him. He turned around to see a pale and worried Colossus quietly take a seat behind Shadowcat.

Logan: Hey Pete, I want to talk to you outside for a second.

Colossus: Sure [said with no enthusiasm.]

Logan: [pats the younger man on his back] We are looking into Illyana’s disappearance. And we are working as hard as we can. [Colossus just puts his head down.]

Colossus: I should be looking for her too. I never felt so helpless in my life. When I went to her room, I looked and looked. It felt like sinking in quicksand.

Logan freezes for a minute, remembering that same godforsaken feeling when Jean had taken over the X-Jet at Alkali Lake.

Logan: Look kid, we have all been there. But I wanted you to know something. Storm had me look through some stuff and I think I found a big lead.

Colossus’s eyes widened.

Logan: That ain’t the only thing. I don’t think you sister was the only one taken by this nut job. Magneto’s daughter was taken as well. When this is all said and done. I am going to pay this guy a visit.

Colossus: When you go, I want to go with you.

Logan: Wouldn’t have it any other way, Big Guy.


~Undisclosed Location~

Unknown Man: Alright, here’s the deal. The X-men are going to come for the information and the four of you are going to be waiting. I want you to engage them in combat, but you need to maintain a balance. I want to see how this new team operates. With the brains of their operation gone and two members down, we no longer have the proper intel on them. Once we have the information we need, you will fall back. Is that understood team?

Three people he was talking to nod. The speaker turned to the last man in the corner. He looked as if he didn’t want to be there and was going to be sick.

Unknown Man: Look son, I know this must be difficult for you.

Unknown Man 2: Hmph. General, sir, you have no idea what’s difficult for me.

General/Unknown Man: Well then, this operation should not be a problem for you.

Unknown Man 2: [sighs heavily] Did you send it to him?

General: Yes I did. But that doesn’t mean he won’t come tonight.

Unknown man 2: I know I can’t look him in the eye tonight.

General: If he does what he usually does, then he won’t even be in this country. I highly doubt you’ll be facing the Wolverine and his infamous nose.

Unknown Man 2: You just better hope so. Without the telepaths around, he’s the only one who can see right through me. I’m not ready to face him yet. I can’t afford to face him. I’m not ready yet. Oh and General…

General: Yes.

Unknown Man 2: I’m not your son.


~Location of target files~

The jet was landed half a mile away in a clear field. Shadowcat activated the shields to keep it hidden from view.

Beast, being on point, lead the team while Wolverine brought up the rear.

Wolverine: This feels like a trap.

Beast: I know. But if this was a trap, we should have set it off by know.

Iceman: So, why are we here especially if they know we’re coming?

Rogue: It’s not like we can go back. It would be a wasted trip.

Iceman: Jesus, Rogue. Thanks for thanks for that. Maybe we can call you Captain Obvious from here on in.

Colossus: SHUT UP! Both of you. I don’t care if I have to knock you out and drag you there. We have to get through this.

Shadowcat looked at the usually reserved man with big eyes.

Beast: He’s right. Get focused and into formation.

The six X-men moved into the building slowly and quietly. Rogue and Shadowcat moved to the front first. Shadowcat let Rogue absorb enough of her power to be able to phase through the back door while she phased her way through the front door taking out the security in the process.

Iceman: This is a lot harder without Storm’s cover.

Wolverine: Oh no! We have to get through this without Mommy. Whatever shall we do?

Iceman: Damn. What is it with everyone today?

Beast came up from behind and grabbed them both by their collars.

Beast: [grunts angrily] Move! We’re switching groups. Wolverine, take Shadowcat’s door.

The group breaks into two where both girls are waiting for them. Wolverine Kitty and Colossus take the entrance while Beast and Bobby meet up with Rogue at the back door.

Beast heads signals for Rogue and Bobby to head around the corner. Each student gives the all clear sign before making it to the next corner. Bobby freezes the cameras that are pointing towards the stairs. Beast grabs his laptop straps it to his back and he climbs over the railing of the stairs somersaulting over the railing and hanging over the edge with one hand until he had the proper leverage to leap down to the next lower floor. He repeated the process making it down to the basement rather quickly without using a single flight of stairs.

Bobby grabbed Rogue’s gloved hand and jumped over the railing as well. The air around became thick with moisture and froze just as quickly. Nearly as soon as they leaped over the railing both of them were caught on a frozen pathway of ice that lend them spiraling down. Bobby held on to Rogue with one hand, and his free hand guided the downward slope of the ice slide so that it wouldn’t let the accelerate too quickly.

When all three hit the basement Beast silently pointed them down the hall that led to the servers.

When they finally arrived Beast held up a hand again to halt their progress. His feral nose had picked up the sent of two people who weren’t supposed to be there.

Beast: We are not alone.

~Meanwhile above them~

Wolverine let Shadowcat guide himself and Colossus through the walls to the offices which held the information they were looking for. When they got there, Shadowcat took out her laptop and began to hack away at the security programs.

Wolverine kept a look out and released his claws, and a steeled up Colossus kept guard.

Wolverine: Kit-Kat, how long?

Shadowcat: I could get through these encryption codes a lot faster with the security in the servers down.

Wolverine: [hits his communicator] Beast, Kat can’t do her thing without you doin’ yours first. What’s going on down there?

Beast: [speaking threw his communicator] I’m working as quick as possible. But I fear that- - - Wolverine! We under attack!

~Basement~

Beast, Bobby and Rogue watch the two fully armed black-clad masked figures stalk up to them. The man and the woman seem completely nonchalant.

Beast: We have to old them off until my virus takes effect.

Before Beast could finish his thought, he saw a flick of the wrist from the attacking man, and a glowing projectile was thrown at him. He vaulted out of the way. When he landed, the projectile had lodged into a wall. Beast looked back and took a double take when he noticed that it was a…playing card? Just has he lunged forward to attack the card exploded.

This shocked Bobby and Rogue into the offensive as well. They moved to surround the woman who hadn’t made a move to attack. She almost let them surround her. Keeping her eyes on both youngsters, she jumped into the air and seemed to float down. She drew back her fist and slammed it into the ground creating a crater knocking Rogue and Bobby off their feet.

Bobby: Beast, both of them are mutants?

Woman: Oh jeeze. Why do I even try? No one will ever get it right.

Man: Don’t worry, chere. One day someone will care enough to get your story right.

Bobby took the free moment to ice-up and lodge himself at the man in his hard form, knocking the breath out of him.

Woman: Dammit, Remy! Pay attention.

Remy: Watch your own back, Carol. [He speaking while artfully dodging ice projectiles and full blown blasts with back flips and rolls.]

Rogue: Looks like it’s just you and me…Carol.

Carol: It’s not fair that we hog up all the fun. [takes out a walkie talkie] Neena and Lucas, the rest are on the sixth floor. Get it done. I’m sorry little girl, what were you saying?

Rogue takes of the gloves and lowers her stance, remembering all the grappling moves Logan taught her.

Beast continues to furiously type away at his laptop, desperately trying to upload his virus. When the status bar finally finished he packed up and made the quick decision to help Bobby, seeing that he couldn’t keep up with his agile opponent.

It would be a decision that would haunt him for quite some time.

~Sixth Floor~

Wolverine slowly and quietly takes point around the corner following the new scents he was sniffing. He held up two fingers to Colossus indicating that they were on the defensive from two people.

Shadowcat finally had got through to the files and had set up to download them. She caught up with the two men and froze.

Just like downstairs, two masked people all clad in black, stood in the middle of the corridor. A petite woman with an automatic firearm that was more than half her size and a much larger man with a new age gun strapped to his back blocked the exit. Despite her size, it was the woman who walked forward nearly taunting the X-men.

Neena: Common X’ies, come out and play. Who knows, it may just be your lucky night.

Lucas: Neena, knock it off. We are just here for intel. Don’t do anything stupid.

Neena: [loads her gun casually] When I have not lost anything?

Lucas: Not the point.

Wolverine slowly sheathed and unsheathed his claws in a sign of anxiousness.

Shlap.

Sniiiiiikt.

Lucas stopped short. He recognized that sound. He’d heard it many many times over his life.

Lucas: Neena… [She stops and looks at him] Wolverine! I know your there. You must have gotten a little busy, or the mail runs late.

Wolverine: I don’t know who you are, but your about to swallow your next few words.

Neena mouthed to Lucas, “Are you ready?” He nods yes. She charges forward and nearly collides with Colossus but by what seems like sheer luck, she narrowly avoids him and his swinging fist at the last minute.

Her agility made her nearly intangible, but it still didn’t come close to actual intangibility. Or so Shadowcat thought. Despite her left hooks, right jabs, and spin kicks she couldn’t touch Neena.

Ironically Neena couldn’t was pretty much in the same situation, albeit for different reasons. Every punch, kick and attempted throw ended up with nothing in Neena’s hands. Both women where left in an odd stalemate.

Wolverine stalked around Lucas with Colossus moving around him to block of the exit or to move in position to use it if necessary.

Lucas: Don’t bother, either one of you. I know how this is going to end?

Wolverine: Oh really? What- - [inhales…and pauses] Wait a minute. Who are you?

Lucas: [sighs deeply.] That didn’t last long. I knew I shouldn’t have come. Hell, I don’t even know why you’re here. Shouldn’t you be trying to translate the ring? Oh and Colossus, you may want to go downstairs. Rogue will need some serious help in a few minutes.

Wolverine: What did you do to her?!

Lucas: Colossus, GO!

Colossus bolts down the stairs to the basement.

Wolverine braces on his back leg and points with his clawed handed.

Wolverine: Anything happens to her, I will personal skin all of you.

Lucas: If it’s any consolation, it was an accident, and she will be ok. In fact she’ll be stronger for it.

Wolverine didn’t want to hear any more, and lunged for him. The closer he got the stranger thing became. He found himself floating in midair, arms and claws outstretched towards his opponent, who moved with normal speed. Lucas grabbed on to his waist, braking him from his time capsule and threw him into the closed elevator door leaving a giant dent.

Wolverine was more disturbed by the way the man smelled more than what he just did with his ability. It’s been about four years since she smelled like that. Now all she smelled like was…

That was his last thought before he lost consciousness.

~Basement~

Colossus barged through the secure door sending it crashing to the other side of the room.

On the floor looking more than unconscious was an ungloved Rogue and next to her a blonde woman who was in the midst of having CPR done on her by Beast.

Colossus grabbed Rogue and headed for the jet.

Colossus: We have to get the machine for her.

Beast: Your right. Bobby, grab her, we need to movie now. Radio Kat and tell her to move her team too. Tell Angel to prep the lab, we have critical injuries coming in. Storm…Storm come in.

Storm: What is it?

Beast: We have some serious injuries coming back to the mansion. I know your still in Boston, but you might have to cut your visit short.

Storm: Actually I am coming back now. I can’t talk long, it’s illegal to talk and drive. Here, tell my passenger.

Beast: Hello?

Scott: Beast, tell me what happened. Tell me everything.
__________________
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=2311