Glimpses into the Heart of a Storm by black_rose
Summary: **Previously named The Goddess and The Animal** A series of drabbles, because who better than the goddess and the animal? Ororo/Logan, Storm/Wolverine, RoLo, you get the idea.
Categories: General Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 9 Completed: No Word count: 1002 Read: 10927 Published: 08-17-09 Updated: 10-27-09

1. Because of You by black_rose

2. "Because You Love Her" by black_rose

3. Winter's Joy by black_rose

4. I Recognized Your Number by black_rose

5. From a Student's Perspective by black_rose

6. Is it Natural? by black_rose

7. Reactions by black_rose

8. Walking in the Air by black_rose

9. Fears - Part One - Logan by black_rose

Because of You by black_rose
Chapter One -

Because of You

In front of the gravestones; that’s where Ororo found him. Each day, in the exact same place. Every fiber in her being went out to the man who couldn’t see past himself after the nightmarish effects of “Jean Grey’s” second death. Only difference this time, was that it was Logan who killed her. Alcatraz had left it’s imprints on everyone, but he was the one who had been hit the hardest. It was killing him, they all knew it. He loved her.

Ororo sighed from her window, If only you knew Logan, if only you knew.
"Because You Love Her" by black_rose
Hadn’t her words cleared his vision? Did he not take notice of the pain and remorse in her voice, or was it all a façade so he wouldn’t let her see the soul beneath the man his internal beast so carefully guarded?

Because you love her…

His body was already pressed against hers, their lips just inches apart. She silently begged him to close the miniscule distance; to bestow the kiss he never gave her. Tears welled in her eyes. What was once her heart, shattered into a million pieces of fine crystal.

Because you love her…
Winter's Joy by black_rose
He smiled when the first signs of Winter came along. Usually, it would start off with a bitter cold, followed after a shower of pure snow. Her shocking white hair contrasted perfectly with the frigid substance that covered the grounds. Students celebrated their two-week vacation and the blanket of youthful cheer hugged the walls of Xavier’s Institute closer.

But, the one thing that made him smile most during the Winter, was the melodious sound of her laughter.

Ororo’s laugh.

Sometimes, as the snow fell, Logan wondered if Ororo’s laugh had anything to do with Winter’s joy.
I Recognized Your Number by black_rose
Her brown eyes stared at the sleek black cell phone as his ring tone filled the moonlit room. Every deadly pause was like a tortuous wait, but she swore her heart began beating faster. With only a few more seconds left, before the phone would cease to ring, she made her move. Of course, it was the same moment she chose to flip open the slim device, an empty dial tone mocked her ears. She closed her eyes, willing hot tears not to fall.

“I love you…” Ororo whispered into the speaker, although she knew Logan would never hear her.
From a Student's Perspective by black_rose
Chapter Five -

From a Student’s Perspective

---------

Being a student here at Xavier’s, you get the opportunity to learn a lot about yourself…and…a few things about others.

For instance.

It’s undeniable that Miss Munroe is totally and completely head over heels for Wolverine. Same for Mr. Stick’s-Never-Up-His-Ass Logan. But, that’s only my perspective. Want some real dirt on these two? Go ask Rogue, Jubes, or--


“--Kitty? What are you doing?” Ororo asked from the doorway. Kitty slammed her laptop shut and smiled.

She replied innocently, “Oh…just…analyzing…”

Ororo shrugged and left the room.

Shadowcat finished, From a student’s perspective.
Is it Natural? by black_rose
Chapter Six -

Is It Natural?

----------

Ororo joined Logan on a kitchen island bar stool.

“Good morning, Logan,” she chirped.

“Mornin’, ‘Ro,” came his response, and he passed her a mug of coffee.

They basked in comfortable silence until Logan spoke up, “Is it natural?”

Ororo cocked an eyebrow, “Excuse me?” She sipped some coffee.

“Your hair,” he pointed to her snowy tresses atop her head, “Is it natural?” He repeated.

Sputtering out her drink, Ororo collected herself. Just barely. Logan’s expression held sincere curiosity and bafflement.

She couldn’t help it.

For the first time in a long time, Ororo threw her head back and laughed.
Reactions by black_rose
Chapter Seven -

Reactions

----------

When she laughed…he couldn’t help but laugh along.
When she cried…his heart ached for her.
When she smiled…his steps were lighter.
When she frowned…he had to ask why.
When she screamed…he fought off her worst fears.
When she was angry…he was her outlet.
When she was cold…he rubbed her arms.
When she was warm…he hugged her closer.
When she giggled…he tickled her breathless.
When she sighed…he was concerned.
When she talked…he’d listen more than anyone would know.
When she kissed him…he told her, “I love you.”
Walking in the Air by black_rose
Chapter 8 -

Walking in the Air

----------

Ororo smiled into the crook of Logan’s shoulder as her winds guided them higher into the star-speckled sky. Arms wrapped tightly around his waist, the weather witch suppressed laughing in sheer delight as the air swirled around them with fierce intensity.

Strangely, as much as the Canadian hated flying, the closer they rose towards the moon, the greater his comfort in Ororo’s arms escalated. Although Logan could do nothing to dismiss the frantic beating of his heart, a smile etched into his lips as her warm breath steamed his neck.

Simply nothing could rival walking in the air.

----------

Review? Pwetty pwease?
Fears - Part One - Logan by black_rose
Blood. Three blades stuck through Marie’s chest. Six penetrated Jean’s abdomen. A single claw pierced the heart of the last woman Logan thought he’d see in his dreams.

“Lo-gan…” his name shivered on her lips.

Her eyes were wide, pleading, “Hurts…stop…Logan…”

“Logan!” Ororo’s urgent whisper jolted him upright.

Sitting on his bed, she was looking very concerned. Very unafraid. But, how is she he--

--No, he killed her, she‘s dead.

Sensing his distress, Ororo wrapped her arms around his sweat-slicked back.

“I’m here, Logan…I’m here…”

I always have been.
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=3204