The Land between by DaughteroftheWind
Summary: You've received a letter in the mail. Open it. read it and you may Embark.
Categories: Crossovers Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Rape, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 2423 Read: 7026 Published: 02-23-10 Updated: 04-23-10

1. Introduction by DaughteroftheWind

2. Plot by DaughteroftheWind

3. Chapter 3 by DaughteroftheWind

4. Amazon rite by DaughteroftheWind

5. The death of the queen. by DaughteroftheWind

6. All the single ladies... by DaughteroftheWind

Introduction by DaughteroftheWind
Come sit and listen. Listen to the baird as she weaves her stories in your mind, intertwines them in your heart, allows your eyes to see and your ears to hear. Your feet to walk in the sod of the story, and your nose to smell. Come walk with me. Let us take this journey together. It begins in a land. There is a land, a land between reality and fact, a land between dreams and lies, between truth and hidden meanings. Come take a journey with me, a journey to this place where the myths of time come together and collide. A journey Logan and I shared together. a journey most would not believe could happen, but it has happened, we lived it, smelled it, saw it, fought in it, and fell in love. Come share this tale with us. It begins on a day when life was normal where we each attended and taught our classes, a day where a normal sparring session took place. Come let the words of this letter fade, open your eyes, lt time blur itself, and watch, journey, live, feel, breathe and let it come to life......
...................................................................................................
Ororo took a deep breath, her knees locked in an indian type style, her hands resting on them, the room was dark, the only sound heard was the the sound of her beating heart, the breath rushing in and out of her lungs, them filling and depleting. She had been having strange dreams lately and wanted time to process them by meditating. meditation on her breath, on her heartbeat, on her emotions to sort them out.

The door softly opened and Logan stepped into the room, his eyes adjusted and he saw Ororo sitting on the floor in a meditating position. She was processing something and he could see her mind racing. He quietly and happily stood in the doorway and watched her, running his hands through the soft trusses of his unruly black hair. He took a deep breath meaning to speak softly and interrupt Ororo, he only had so much tie before his next class. She smiled and interrupted him before he spoke.

"It's ok Logan, Cmputer lights to full."

He smiled in return enjoying the ease of her presence and the intimacy of thier friendship. they began to spar after preparing themselves.

"What's buggin you darl'n?"

"Just having strange dreams."
Ororo kicked near his head and Logan deflected, this was a typical warm up for them. Ororo kicked again this time down near his abdomen meaning to trip him. Logan deflected her foot by catching it and twisted it almost viciously, causing Ororo's hips to turn and her to almost lose her balance. Ororo kicked out with her other foot and easily caught Logan in the jaw then landed and turned quickly to deflect a kick from him.

"Wanna tell me about em?"

"Not particularly Logan, they are about my life in Wakanada."
Logan not one to be deterred spoke again.

"tell me about them."

Ororo sighed and deflected a punch.

"You're not going to give up are you? Alright, well there is a women I do not recognize. She is beautiful and a fierce warrior, very kind, yet very harsh, can be not to harsh. She has sky blue eyes, long dark black hair, wears ridiculous leather armor, carries a sword and a round weapon called a shockkron. I have a very intimate relationship with her in a platonic fashion. I feel as if I have lost her and yet I have not. She fights for the people, the innocents."

Logan raised an eyebrow.

"what's her name?"

"That's the part that is troubling me, I don't know."

As they continued to spar Logan felt strange, the lights began to flicker as they sparred, Logan lapsed in concentration and Ororo landed a quick and deadly kick to his head. He grunted at the impact then felt himself plowed against a wall and the entire world went black...
Plot by DaughteroftheWind
Logan woke up his head was throbbing, strange smells assailed his nose. Before opening his eyes he listened. His fingers were digging into dirt, his nose smelled blood. There were cries, one the cry of a warrior and the other screams, swords were clashing, staffs were hitting each other with wooden thumps. Wait what? Logan opened his eyes quickly assessing the situation quickly moving his body into a crouch. Looking around his mind could not comprehend what was happening, it was all wrong, all strange. Where was Ororo? The next thign he knew he was scooped up by a man in a yellow shirt and leather pants and set aside, being reassured the he was going to be ok. Logan growled at the man and punched him hard. The man staggered back and smiled, the two began to spar, and Logan found himself suprised at the exceptional strength of his rival. Another man wearing chain mail armor attacked him and Logan deflected the blow quickly extending his claws. The man in the yellow shirt raised his eyebrows at Logan then spoke while snapping a spear that came at him.

"look fellow we can finish our match later why don't we team up and beat the guys who are trying to kill us."

Logan nodded.

"sure Bub."


Ororo awoke to a bucket of water being splashed on her face, and concerned sky blue eyes looking into hers. Where was she? Quickly Ororo looked around and found the sky blue eyes torn from her for but a moment as the body that held them quickly defended her from a man wearing a strange black leather armor and then a strong hand grasped hers and picked her up. Ororo was immediately thrown in to the battle as she grabbed the end of a spear shaft and stepped to the side avoiding being stabbed. The warrior women with sky blue eyes nodded and they fought back to back. Ororo whited her eyes and blew several of them back from and innocent women, then struck another with a lightning bolt. Soon they cried out and retreated as their number dwindled significantly. Ororo gave them chase on the winds for a moment then landed next to the warrior women who stood not to far away.

"Well done, you are an impressive warrior Ororo. "

Ororo looked her over and found the women from her dreams. She stepped close and caught her in a close hug. Ororo found it comforting and stepped back when it ended.

"how do you know my name? And who are you?"

" You ave been haunting my dreams as of late. My name is Xena."

They were interrupted by several villagers who moved to thanks them.The two moved into the woods away from the battle after being thanked by the villagers and given provisions.

"Come we must meet a few others in the next village over."

Ororo nodded and followed. As they walked they spoke.

"Xena how long have you been dreaming about me? "

Xena smiled.

"About five nights. I dreamed of your the first night in a strange but beautiful land, where people all have skin your color or darker. We lived a warriors life together, had a very close relationship. Fought for the innocents much like we did back there, it was as if Xeus ordained our relationship, the dream started with a bright light, we grew up together I cannot explain it. The second night you returned to me in a dream and again we lived life, loved togehter, married, watched our children grow up together, Our husbands fight together , lived through a great loss, last night you died in my arms. Then you showed up today. Tell me of your dreams."

Ororo nodded.

"they are the same. The country you dream of is Wakanada, my home. " ororo stopped and listened. Her heart was till beating, she was still alive, her breathe was coming in and out of her lungs. Was she dreaming? In the bush she saw a larger quail. She looked at Xena, who smiled, took out her small dagger and threw it catching the bird by the tail feathers. Just like in thier dreams. " How can this be Xena?"

Xena smiled and captured the small bird placing it alive into the bag she carried after comforting it and closed the top.

"well I am not much a believer in the gods, but it has to happen somehow. You must be touched by them to have hte powers you do."

Ororo laughed.
" I am a mutant, my genetic tissue has been altered, and that gives me powers like this. what about you? You possess mighty strength and a badass fighting skill.

Xena laughed.

"that has been forged by battle. I was once a mighty warlord who killed many, I met Hercules and he helped change me."

"Wait hercules? Like the greek mythology Hercules?"

Xena nodded this women was strange yet because of the dreams it was like they were sisters and Xena found her company enjoyable.

"there are many stories told by bairds of his deeds. Come we should camp for the night. I only have one bedroll I apolgize, we will have to share."

Ororo nodded. The two women sat around and talked until long after dark, then curled up on the bedroll backs facing and fell asleep.

Early the next morning Ororo as awakened by the sun shining in her face. Seeing Xena still asleep Ororo rolled over and studied her face gently. She felt a certain affection for this women, though she had never met her. How had she gotten here? Was this another of her dreams? Ororo got up softly slipping out form under the covers and walked over to the mountainside. The sun glinted off of the green trees and the meadow spread out before her. Ororo closed her eyes and crossed her knees allowing herself to meditate, expecting all of this to go away. Twenty minutes later the hard alto voice of Xena interrupted her.

"Hey I hate to interrupt you but we need to move on."
Ororo opened one eye and found Xena soflty sitting next to her. Xena smiled as if reading her thoughts.

"Nope its not a dream. I thought the same thing. You are really here and so am I. I know you aren't from this age and that puzzles me. It puzzles me that we are here. You have no recollection of how you got here you just are, and the only connection is the dreams. Tell me what happened."

Ororo recounted all she remembered and Xena sat thinking.
"we have to find a way to get you back."

Ororo turned to her.

"And if we can't?"

"Then our dreams would come true. And I can't say I would think that would be a bad thing. As long as we can keep the great loss otu of it. "

Ororo smiled and hugged Xena tightly. Xena pulled away.

"come we must get to the Amazon encampment Gabrielle is waiting for us there."

"amazon Encampment?"

"Yes, She was given the rite of passage and became royalty. I ended up fighting the queen and won that right but in the end I gave it back, but the Amazon's wanted Gabrielle to finish her training. She has been there for a month now, tonight is her night to prove she is a full blooded warrior. It should be interesting for you. They moved soflty and quickly through the forest. Ororo let her hunting senses take over and Xena watched her move quickly and quietly. When they were closer to the encampment Xena waited patiently and watched Ororo when an arrow came toward her. Ororo reached out and caught it and smiled at Xena. They dropped into the encampment from the trees. The Amazon's turned to see Xena and Ororo drop into the camp and Ororo spoke quickly and quietly to them in thier native tongue. Gabrielle moved forward and nodded to Ororo.

"You speak this language well."

Ororo smiled.

"it is much like my native tongue."

"hows your staff skills?"

Ororo laughed.

"lets go."

Xena watched Ororo as she and Gabrielle fought. They fought well, both of thier skills were honed. They were a good match. Elphirion one of the Amazonian women walked out of the brush and smiled at the end of the match. the two women were at a standstill.
"come little sister now you must face me."

Ororo backed off and watched the two women fight. Xena sat next to her.

"she is a formidable warrior."

Xena nodded.

"she is an innocentin many ways, never spilt blood."

Ororo nodded and Xena studied the shadows that deepened her face.

"Tell me."

"He was a wicked man and I slayed him there is nothing more to tell."

Xena nodded.

"Lets talk more later."

At the end of the evening Gabrielle had been crowned and had reached the peak of her skills, and was considered a full amazonian. After the ceremony Xena and Ororo were shown to their quarters.

"come sit Ororo, and tell me of the blood on your hands."

"He was a wicked man, he killed many of my people and my parents, killed my brother. I alone remained. I was young and I did not know the horrible price of killing. He took me into his bed chambers and when he was finished with me. I took a dagger, my fathers dagger and stabbed him a million times over. A war broke out, with me leading my people and we killed many. Many paid for my rage."

Xena nodded.

"I understand. I did many of the same things. Many paid a price for my rage as well. Ororo, you must forgive yourself. You have used your power for good. Let that may the atonig price, and your freed your people."

Ororo nodded and Gabrielle walked in. Turning to Ororo she hugged her gently.

"You are the women Xena has dreamed about."

Ororo nodded.

"I am and you are Gabrielle, best friend of Xena, a women who is very brave and to whom congratulations is due. You have finished your amazon training."

Gabrielle nodded.

"Thank you."

The three women feasted with the Amazon's. The queen stood and motioned to Ororo.

"You are a Windrider are you not? You're kind come along every thousand years."

Ororo nodded.

"There have been more of me?"

"Yes Windrider, there are tales told of them."
Chapter 3 by DaughteroftheWind
Author's Notes:
Bit of plot entaglement here. Hopefully its all clear . I do not own any of these characters All rights go to the owners, I just play with the charcters please don't sue me.
Ororo stopped.
“tell me the tales Melosa.”

“it is said in times of great sorrow or great danger the Windrider will be summoned. That must be what happened, there is one problem. There is always a mighty warrior who holds and protects her.”
Ororo was quiet.

“tell me more.”

“well it is said that He is a mighty warrior and that they must be one flesh in order for the prophecy to be complete. If one is killed both are killed. We thought Xena that you and Hercules were supposed to be the modern day generation but there was another tale uncovered a few weeks ago that talks about a different role between you and Hercules. We are still unsure as to what that role is but you are here with Ororo and we can only hope that Hercules and the other half have found each other, otherwise we may be in some trouble.”

At the end of the battle, Logan sheathed his claws and turned to Hercules. Hercules moved to a defensive stance and Logan backed off a bit. Extending his hand tentatively to Hercules.

“Logan is my name Logan Howlet.”

Hercules smiled and took it with a hearty smile.

“Hercules.”

Logan shook his head.

“like the greek Legend Hercules?”

Hercules smiled.

“I don’t know about a legend, but yes I am Hercules nonetheless.”

“Nice to meet you.”

“Logan is a strange name and you have swords in your hands.”

Logan laughed.

“I am a mutant, there are several of us whom have this ability. I am from a differant time it would seem. What has historically happened who are the rulers of your time?”

“lets see, Julias Ceaser for Rome. “

At Logans nod Hercules continued naming ff a few of the rulers of his time. Egypt and rome were the playing powers which would put Logan many thousands of years in the past. He had to find Ororo.

“ Hercules, I think my friend may have come with me I need to find her. Help me find her.”

Hercules smiled.


“Of course. Tell me about her.”

Logan laughed.

“Well she’d stick out like a sore thumb here. She has white hair, piercing beautiful blue eyes and she controls the weather. “

Hercules nodded.

“ Is she a windrider?”

Logan’s eyes met Hercules and he studied Hercules for a moment.

“Yes she is, how do you know that?”

“the amazons tell a tale of a women who is a windrider and man who is her warrior. I assume that’s you, you are a very formidable warrior. Come the Amazon village is several days walk. Melosa told me of this tale. Let us go.”

As they walked Hercules told Logan the whole tale, the legend of the windrider and the warrior. Logan listened with patience.

“You’re telling me that Ro and I are going to save your land?”

Hercules nodded.

“that’s the legend, not a big fan of legends myself but you need to find your friend so we might as well head that
direction.”

Logan nodded.

“so are you really the son of Zeus? Half god half man.”

Hercules laughed.

“indeed I am and you are a mutant, your body heals and your have what do you call them?”

Logan laughed.

“Claws.”

“And your nickname is Wolverine?”

“ Code name, but yes.”

Hercules laughed. Had you been walking down the road that day they would have made a strange sight for anyone who had perchance come upon them. Logan began to enjoy walking, his bare feet hurt a bit he had always sparred in bare feet. Hercules noticed and smiled.

“the next town is only another mile, we will buy you some boots there.”

Logan nodded.

“ I would appreciate that.”

Logan ears picked up sounds of movement on the road in front of them. He held up a hand to Hercules and took a deep breath. Men five or six of them if Logan had to guess. Hercules watched with fascination as Logan walked through the forest soundlessly. He followed closely and just as quietly. When they got closer Logan climbed into the tree branches above and looked down. There were six men surrounding a peddler and his family sneering and making lude comments, One of the men reached out and gracing his grubby fat hand across the young womens cheek he grabbed her threw her over his shoulder and began walking into the woods, proclaiming all he would do to her. Logan chose that moment to drop out of the tree right in front of the man.

“you mom didn’t teach you many manners bub.”

The man drew his sword and held the kicking girl with his other.

“I’m gonna carve you up ye bugger. Who I am and what I do is my business leave my mother out of this.”

Logan stepped forward unsheathed his claws and easily snapped the startled mans swords in half. The other men had started towards them when Hercules dropped out of the trees anad easily blocked the path. The thief who had the girl put her down telling her not to go far, as she bolted off into the woods. The man swore and growled that the problem with women is they never listened and turned to Logan. A squirmish commenced leaving the band of thieves and scavengers in a pile on the side of the road tied to a tree stripped butt naked. The peddlers daughter who had run off into the trees emerged and promptly thanked Logan and Hercules for their help. The peddler eyeing Logans feet began rustling around in the back of the wagon, his family continuing to thank them. He came back and handed Logan a pair of soft leather moccasins.

“They ain’t much friend but for saving me daughter I figure I can part with them.”

Logan nodded and thanked the man putting on the soft soled knee high moccasins. He smiled at Hercules. Hercules dug in his pocket and pulled out a few denars for the man, who promptly refused.

“Ai couldn’t take that, you boys saved me and my family.”

“we do that free of charge friend, for the boots give your family a good meal tonight.”

The peddler hesitated only to have Hercules take his hand put the denars in his hand and close his hand over them. Hercules and Logan turned and began to leave. As they began walking away the Peddler called to them.

“I don’t suppose ye young men would be looking for a wife, nice young strapping men like yourselves would make a good husband.”

Hercules just shook his head and they two continued walking. Nightfall came with the sun retreating into its brief slumber before it would rise on the other side of the world. Logans senses came to life as he listened to the sounds of the night. Hercules watched and followed swiftly in Logan’s path. They were getting close to the amazon lands. He knew they would have the opportunity to stay with the centaurs that night. Logan jumped into the tree as he heard the centaurs approach.. Hercules stood his ground and waited.

“Who are you and what brings you to our lands?”

Hercules strained to see to whom he was speaking.

“My name is Hercules and my friend in the tree over there is Logan. We seek refuge for the night.”

The centaur stepped forward a large smile spread over his features.

“Hercules you are always welcome among us. And we are pleased to see you and your friend as well. .”

Logan climbed down and grasped the centaurs arm strongly. The centaur named Darius smiled.

“you have a strong grip for a small man.”

Logan smiled.

“thank you. You are very tall for a centaur and not at all like I imagined.”


“You’ve never seen a centaur?”

Logan shook his head.

“No I haven’t you fellows don’t exist in my time.”

“the man speaks in riddles much like a bard.”
Hercules nodded.

“well he could tell maty stories as skillfully as a bard and they would be normal for him.”

The two men and the centaurs moved towards one of the centaur cities and when they reached it they were given a large meal and a small hut towards the outside of the encampment. Logan enjoyed feasting near the fire and the stories of war and of their lives. He felt like a small child on a camping trip listening to ghost stories, his eyes all aglow. Daraius noticed and smiled.

“come help me Logan.”

Logan found himself in a wrestling match with a beast much bigger and every bit as fast as he was. They wrestled in the dirt and Logan who was playing the role of the antagonist laid down and lost and was teased by Dariaus. Before long the story turned out to be less of a story and more of an entertaining wrestling match between the two. Logan laughed and got back up off his feet several times as Dariaus would knock him down and haunt him. Each time he was knocked down Logan waited to find a weak point. Logan waited and played into the scene until Dariaus was caught off guard and cocky. Logan then preceded to tackle him and ride him like a rodeo animal as Dariaus bucked trying to get him off. Soon Dariaus was tired of trying to catch him and tired of trying to buck him off and relented giving Logan the victory. The young centaurs no particularly liking the idea then came and tackled Logan and he found himself laughing and wrestling off several of the young children. Soon it was he who was crying out UNkle to the children who laughed. Hercules standing off to the side laughed as Logan came up to him. He had a large gash on one side of his face and smiled.

“ you might want to get that checked out, you are a brave man not many would take on so many centaurs. You work well with children.”

Logan laughed and wiped some of the dirt from his face and the gash reknit itself much to Hercules astonishment. Laughing and putting a hand on Logan’s shoulder Hercules suggested they retire to their huts. Logan followed and soon found himself lying on his back staring up at the stars. He smiled his final thoughts for the day were of Ororo and he fell asleep.
It had been a week since Ororo and xena had reached the Amazon encampment and Ororo awoke to a soft knocking on the door. She stood and smiled to find Melosa at the door. Te two women had spent much time together over the last week and Ororo looked forward to their morning sparring sessions.

“Are you up for some sparring Ororo?”

Ororo smiled.

“Of course queen melosa.”

The two women went to the training grounds and began with staff. Melosa made the first attack the staff was a normal straight attack towards her shoulder. Ororo blocked and stepped back twirling the staff. She calmed her mind and let her senses take over. Melosa watched her and smiled. She brought her staff down for a quick attack. Ororo seeing through the mov easily stepped in and blocked. Ororo closed her mind and listened to nature hearing Melosa’s staff move through the air. Her eyes closed tight ororo blocked every move, Melosa noticing her strength chuckled under her breath. She stopped her attacks and waited, she saw the brows crinkle in confusion, then as the cerreleun blue eyes opened Ororo found the staff under her legs and Melosa pulled. Ororo jumped, but not quite high enough and fell backward. Melosa laughed and helped her up.

“Well done Ororo.”

Ororo chuckled then a serious look came over her face.

“Again.”

Melosa complied and after knocking each other over several times and continuing to spar the sun was high in the sky and Melosa held up her hands in defeat.

“Come we need to patrol.”

The two women began running towards the village, and when they reached it swapped out their weapos grabbed masks off the wall and joined Solari in the trees.
Solari smiled.

“Queen Melosa and Ororo, what an honor to have you join us today, head near the waterfalls, there was some trouble spotted there a few days ago. Roman soldiers, do not kill them and watch out for centaurs.”

Both women nodded and spent the day together talking, enjoying each others company.

“Melosa Why do you travel with me? Do you not have duties to attend to?”

Melosa smiled.

“indeed I do Ororo, but according to our laws you receive my rite of cast, as such I am responsible for your training.”

“Whats the rite of cast?”

“You will become the ruler of Amazons, I will be giving you my title when your training is complete. In many ways you are already ready, you know much about our customs, and ways, you handle a staff well, you’ve almost mastered the chobos better than any of the warriors we have aside from Epinon, You shoot an arrow straight and true, there is little in terms of amazon weaponry I need to teach you. In the laws many of your peoples are the same. You receive the rite of cast and I step down.”

Ororo growled.

“I don’t want to tule the Amazon’s Melosa you do that just fine.”

Melosa smiled and grabbed ororo’s chin non to gently.

“You have no choice Ororo, it is the law. Now come, no further arguments.”

She released Ororo’s chin and then they moved off into the trees together. When they reached the ridge Ororo they dropped out of the trees and landed in soft grass. Ororo felt her breathe grabbed out of her lungs by the beauty before her. A raging waterfall to her left dropped thousands of feet below into a large river that fed the Amazon village. It’s roar took away the majority of her hearing and her eyes sparkled when she met Melosa’s. Melosa’s eyes glinted with mischief as she spread her arms and then jumped. Ororo catching the mischevious grin and look used her winds to catch her. Melosa who squealed rather unqueenlike and was lifted back to the ridge. Melosa grunted when Ororo brought her up above her head and spun her so they faced each other. Time seemed to stop as the two friends laughed at each other.

“Let me down child.”

Ororo chuckled and stepping back brought Melosa closer and dropped her headfirst. Melosa squeaked and at the last moment was dropped on her feet. She growled as she unceremoniously landed on her ass. Ororo sitting nearby in a meditating pose couldn’t help but hide the smile on her lips and the silent shaking of her shoulders gave her mischeviousness away. There was little warning when Melosa let out the Amazonian battle cry and launched herself at Ororo.
Ororo was slightly taken aback but caught the small raging bundle of a women and flipped her over. They preceded to wrestle for the better part of ten minutes neither getting a pin on the other when Solari finally landed on the nearby ground and pulled Melosa off of ororo. Both of the womens hair had various stickes, leaves and pieces of grass, their leathers were grass stained and they both had various mud marks on their body. Solari began to chew them out and both women were trying to hide their grins and look ashamed. Finally after a few minutes Solari sighed, she obviously wasn’t getting through.

“Go back to the village and prepare for tonights feast, Melosa I believe your queenly duties are calling. Take a bath.”

The two women quickly complied but as soon as they were our ot earshot ororo let a laugh rip from her throat and leaned against a treetrunk for the better part of ten minutes and laughed. Melosa across from her in another tree had to sit down she was laughing so hard. When their laughing finally ceased Melosa came and grasped her in a hug.

“Oh Child what a surprise you have been. You bring delight to my heart.”

Ororo chuckled.

“As do you my queen.”

Melosa frowned.

“Come we must get back and just call me Melosa.”
Amazon rite by DaughteroftheWind
Author's Notes:
A little fem slah here nothing serious. Ororo advances towards becoming a full amazon. A battle, a bit of violence in battle scene. Enjoy. PLease RnR guys I don't know if you like seomthing if you don't rnr.
The feast began at sunset, filled with the typical Amazonian dancing, wine, and storytelling. Ororo, Xena, Gabrielle, Melosa, Ephinay, Epinon and Solari were all seated on the royal dias, each having their special place. Ororo held her glass of wine in hand and enjoyed its taste. Her eyes flitted to the fire as she watched the women dance, watched them express love joy, the music was traditional Amazonian drums and they pounded through her being. Xena noticing her expression smiled. Leaning closer to her she whispered in Ororo’s ear.

“You ok?”

Ororo opened her eyes and nodded, then mischievously she put her wine down and extended her hands to the warrior princess.

“Come Warrior princess.”

Xena shook her head and tightened her grip on her wine.

“I don’t dance windrider.”

“Why not?”

“Its not my favorite.”

Ororo considered her answer for a moment then nonchalantly used the wind to push her into a standing position. Xena yelped and almost spilled her wine had it not been for Gabrielle who caught the glass and its precious contents. Xena growled as Ororo grinned.

“Let me repeat I don’t dance windrider.”

“And I my sweet warrior princess do not take no for an answer. You either come willingly or I force you.”
Xena growled then threw up her hands.

“Fine just a few dances.”

“Good.”

Xena took her extended hand and followed Ororo out into the dance area. Xena stood there stic straight glaring at Ororo.

“I can’t dance.”

“Of course you can come here.”

Xena allowed herself t be pulled closer to Ororo, their eyes locked and ororo put her hands on Xena’s hips. Slowly gently she began guiding the warrior princess in the dance. Xena at first was very wooden, allowing her body to move inaccordance to the pressure Ororo’s hands were creating. Ororo moved into her body and put her arms around Xena’s neck.

“Relax Xena. I am not coming onto you, just relax and let your body feel the beat.”

Xena raised an eyebrow but listened to the beat she allowed her body to move in accordance with Ororo’s. As she relaxed she remembered her childhood dances and soon found herself enjoying the dances. Gabrielle sitting on the throne watching chuckled. She had never seen Xena let go like that. This wind rider was good for her warrior. She watched the two women talk, laugh and generally just enjoy themselves. After several dances Gabrielle arose and walked onto the dance floor as a slow song started. Ororo sensing her across the dance floor immediately stepped out of Xena’s arms winking at Gabrielle and Ephiny quickly grabbed Ororo before anyone else could. After twenty or so dances Ororo laughed several other offers off and headed back to her seat, plopping down next to Melosa she was handed her glass of wine, a smile alighting her lips.

“You dance well Windrider.”

Ororo nodded and once more leaned her head back and closing her eyes allowed the music to beat with the rhythm of her heart, forgetting all about what Melosa had said that day.


The sun rose high in the sky and Melosa knocked on the door then poked her head in.

“Come today we move to the high camp. There is much to be done with you here Windrider.”

Ororo nodded. The tribe of women moved quickly
through the trees on their three night journey to the high camp. There was always a scouting party that moved at the head of the procession moving quickly through the trees, they came to give Melosa reports every few hours. The ysang as they walked honoring the forest and its animals. Ororo found that she knew the words of the song, her voice blending with those of the women, their song like a wind that blew through the trees. She found herself caught in the songs embrace. Tears began to stream down her face as the memories of the past came back to haunt her. Xena sensing her distress came to walk beside her.

“Are you ok?”

Ororo nodded wiping her tears away quickly.

“This reminds me much of my childhood, and hunting with my father and my own tribe. And of the many friends I have lost.”

Xena nodded.

“Join the song, let its notes be a healing balm Ororo. Your demons must be great. The high camp is a place of healing. You will have many opportunities to find peace there. I will walk this path with you if you will let me.” Ororo nodded and embraced Xena. “Enjoy the Amazon women, enjoy their culture, they are amazing.”

Ororo smiled and taking Xena’s word into account she began to enjoy the culture and the people. That evening around the campfire Gabrielle told stories and Ororo joined the hunting party. Slowly the memories came to rest within her for the time. Ororo spoke with many of the women and enjoyed their company, staying up late into the night. Soon she retired next to Xena, and the memories came back. Memories of Jean of watching Logan’s claws inserted into her stomach because she could not kill Jean. Memoires of the terror that Logan constantly faced, memories of losing Scott, man like her brother to her, memories of losing her family. They flashed before her closed eyes and soon sobs inadvertently found their way to her lips. Then she felt herself being pulled against a strong body and arm coming around her waist. She turned to find Xena holding her.

“Sleep now, let me fight your demons. I will protect you sleep now little sister.”

Xena’s soft voice began to sing and her hands ran through Ororo’s hair, bringing her comfort and sleep she had needed for many months.

Ororo was awakened by Xena moving away from her. A smile appeared over Xena’s features.

“Sleep well?”

Ororo nodded.

“Thank you Xena.”

Xena nodded and pulled her armor on.

“You will join the scouting party today. Be safe.”

She quickly joined the group of women sent out on patrol and scouting duty. Ephinay smiled at her approach.

“Come Wind rider. Come I will be leading the party today. I look forward to your company. Melosa mentioned you needed some practice with one of these and as you are royatly to our nation I took it upon myself to make you this.” She handed Ororo a bow, to Ororo it felt natural and good to hold a bow again. It was a beautiful weapon perfectly shaped and weighted for her. Ororo ran her hands along the intricately carved bow. It was carved both with the symbols of Amazonian royalty and symbols that represented her being a Windrider, an amazon. It was made out of red oak and it was ordained with several types of feathers, each representing her accomplishments. “ soon those feathers will be full, I will add the remainder when you have comepleted your training.”


“Thank you Ephinay.”

Ephinay nodded pleased that Ororo liked it.

“Come Ororo.”

The group of four women set off in the tops of the trees scouting the path before them. Daylight was mostly gone and Ororo’s body was getting sore from climbing up and down the trees and swinging. She felt like a monkey, but had greatly enjoyed spending time with Ephinay and scouting with the other women. The day went smoothly with no problems and once more the women sat around the fire talking, dancing and telling stories. Early the next morning Ororo awoke early and walked towards Ephinay who smiled and nodded.

“You need not ask Ororo. Come join us another day.”
Once more the women set off in the tree tops as others began to break camp. Nearing the end of the day and about a mile outside of the high camp; Ororo heard a noise in the forest to her left and at Ephinays command she snuck closer. Her feet were silent as she moved along the tops of the trees. They came upon a small band of men who were gambling. They appeared to be soldiers in red uniforms. Ororo signaled to Ephinay who signaled to one of the Amazon’s to go back and to report to Melosa and the other to report to the high camp to bring a few of the warriors. Ephinay and she communicated a battle strateg, Ephinay dropped out of the trees and landed behind the men without a sound her mask in place to cover her face. Ororo took aim, then letting her eyes cloud over she released the arrow, it hitting the man with a silent thud in his back knocking him unconscious. The others gave a shout an stood to face Ephinay.

“You think one women can kill all fifty of us?”

Ephinay smiled.

“Come on roman think you can beat me? “

As ten of the men advanced on Ephinay Ororo used her powers causing a great wind to knock the men down and flipping out of the tree joined Ephinay. The romans stood.

“Oh two Amazons I am scared now.”

The battle began, as one of the me advanced she notched four arrows and released each taking down a man. Ororo chose not to use her powers and prepared herself for each blow that was sent at her.. A man advanced on Ororo, getting angry of being chased Ororo rolled grabbing a sword and began to parry the mans blows. Her training sessions with Logan were paying off. Each thrust and parry was met with metal clashing on metal. Two more men advanced on ororo’s position and she growled, this was a game to the men. Ororo felt tears sting her eyes as she felt the battle rage move into her body. It had only happened a few times but when it did she turned into a merciless killer. Blinking she winced as her blood pounded in her ears. She felt her powers within her blood sing with desire to release itself. The roman noticed and grinned at her weakness. He advanced on her calling his men off and motioned them to form a circle, they had done a similar thing with Ephinay. Fear flickered through Ororo’s eyes momentarily. The Roman closed in using blunt force to take ororo’s sword out of her hands. Ororo growled and assumed a battle stance. The blood was pounding in her ears as she attempted to keep her powers and emotions in check. She growled a snear on her face and the roman laughed. Throwing his sword to one of his mean he took off his helmet and armor.

“Come on Amazon. You win and kill me and I won’t pleasure myself on you.”

He assumed a boxing stance and Ororo laughed the feather earring on her ear bouncing with her mirth. She turned away to check on Ephinay. Ephinay seemed fine and the roman did exactly as she wanted and grabbed her from behind. Ororo expecting the move twisted and caught him around the neck. Her eyes flickered from white to black to white. Grabbing the mans earlobe in her teeth she whispered.

“The only problem with pleasuring yourself on me is I would kill you Roman. “

She bit down hard and ripping his earlobe off spit it on the ground, anger flashing through her eyes. The roman screamed and reached up to touch his ear.

“You bitch!”
Ororo laughed showing no fear and motioned for the roman to attack her spitting out the last of his blood ashe advanced. He did and pulling the dagger out of her boot she stabbed him slicing his throat open. The other men then began to attack. Ororo growled killing several as her darker side filled her mind fighting as hard as she could against it Ororo closed her eyes and let her body take over. As she came out of killing a man she watched as Ephinay fell and a sword slice across her stomach. It was the last straw, The sun was blocked out as the storm came rushing down lightning crackled around Ororo, dancing off her fingertips. She opened her eyes and instead of their customary white they were pitch black, and her teeth were longer. Summoning her powers Ororo floated above them, and summoning a strong wind she knocked them back and into trees, cracking many of their skulls, those that were not thrown into trees were pulled far above ground and dropped. Clapping her hands tougher the remaining men holding swords were clapped together at gale force speeds, their bodies coming together and snapping them in half. Few survived and those that did ran form there stumbling over themselves. Ororo landed softly on the ground her eyes returning to their normal blue, she turned and walked toward Ephinay, lifting her gently. Xena ran into the clearing and raised an eyebrow at the bodies scattered everywhere. Melosa and several other amazons ran into the clearing.

“Come Xena we need to get Ephinay care. Can you run? “

Xena nodded and getting Ororo’s drift began running full speed toward the higher camp, the other Amazons followed at a slower pace not being able to keep up with the warrior princess and the windrider. Ororo lifted herself into the sky and followed Xena’s streaking form to the high camp. When they reached it Xena stopped out of breath and Ororo landed. They both quickly made their way to the healers hut. The healer and Xena worked quickly knowing Ephinay had lost a bit of blood. Ororo was escorted to a nearby hotspring to take a bath and handed a new set of Amazonian leathers. Once alone Ororo cradled her face in her hands, trying to figure out what had happened. She had lost control of herself and her darker side since the battle for jean. She leaned back and her tears filled her eyes. After thoroughly cleansing herself Ororo headed back to the healers hut and checked on Ephinay. Ephinay smiled.

“Thank you Ororo.”

Ororo smiled and hugged her gently.

“My pleasure Eph. You going to be ok?”

Ephinay nodded.

“Think so a little dinged up but Xena has taken good care of me.”

Xena smiled. When the other Amazons reached the camp a festival began and ororo let her resteless soul find peace in the dancing and singing of the women around her. Sitting at the table with the firelight flickering off her features she closed her eyes and listened to the sound. Late into the night Ororo went and settled into her bunk her dreams troubling her yet again.
Her dreams keeping her from slumber Ororo stepped out into the night air and began to run through the night, then jumping she landed softly in a large tree she ran and jumped from limb to limb branch to branch until she reached the edge of a large precipice, instead of slowing down to account for the ending of her trees ororo ran faster her breath coming out in spurts and threw herself off the edge of the tree and let herself free fall a good portion of the canyon then allowing herself to be caught she felt the wind pick her up and she began to spiral towards the sky. She missed the hooded figure standing on the edge of the precipice. It watched her watched her spiral towards the sky. A bitter smile crossed its lips. It’s alto voice broke the silence of the night in a whisper.

“The windrider returns, watch out zeus, and Aries, the windrider had returned.”

As Ororo finished her spiral towards the sky she leveled off and flew herself back to the camp she landed gently in the middle of it. She was startled by a voice.

“You know your craft well windrider.”

Ororo turned to see Melosa shrouded in a dark green robe,taking it off Melosa handed it to her. Ororo took it and put it around her shoulders.

“Thank you Melosa. “

Melosa smiled.

“Come sit with me we have much to discuss.”

Ororo followed as they moved to the dying embers of the fire.

“your destiny is great child. Your mission is not exactly easy either. You are the only one who can cleanse this land of its many evils. We as the amazons have fought it for many many generations and now our generation will come to the end as the amazons will, until the day that In your time you arose to power. You have already saved many of our lives, the how is meant to confuse you, you will not understand until the moment you will understand. It will come and you will understand all things. I have been sent back that you may listen well. I am the great great grandmothers of your Jean Gray. Before the Phoenix killed her she came back in time and I have a message to deliver. I have kept it close in hopes that somehow you can change all that has already happened. Here take this.” Ororo heard the sound of crinkling paper as Melosa from her inner robes produced two pieces of paper. “The second is for the warrior, deliver it to him. He will need it.” Ororo gazed into the green eyes of a woman. Melosa’s eyes softened for a moment and her hand reached out and touched Ororo’s face. The gentleness in her eyes was something that Ororo remembered. Tears begin to fill her eyes and she reached out and laid her hands against Melosas and nuzzled her face into that hand. Melosa smiled and using her thumb to wipe the tears away. Her voice changed for but a moment as she spoke. “I will always love you little sister, love Logan as you desire. I am free now, I must go.” Ororo sighed and her forehead met Melosas. After her talk with Melosa/ Jean Ororo headed to her room and fell into a peaceful slumber.

Early the next morning she was up before Xena was and headed to the practice fields. She knew this week would bring her test and she would be a full amazon warrior, something Melosa said flitted across her mind, but she pushed it aside and continued her training. About half way through it her staff hit the top of someone elses. A young amazon warrior smiled.

“Spar with me windrider?”

Ororo grinned.

“Of course. What’s your name?”

“Telaka, I am the protector of artemises temple.”

Ororo nodded.

“Come Telaka.”

Ororo brought her staff down on the womens chobo’s found the blow blocked and quickly turned her staff to avoid an attack from the second chobo. Telaka smiled.

“good.”

Ororo began the same attack but at the last moment backed out and reversed the aattack. Telaka smiled and caught the slight change, blocking it easily. She brought both Chobo’s up trying to disarm the women in front of her. Ororo fought the struggle to rid her of her staff and instead twirled it causeing both chobos to spin and Telaka almost lost them nodding she smiled and began a triple attack. Ororo blocked every move and Telaka found herself had pressed to get a hit on ororo. Finally Ororo landed a hit to Telaka’s midsection. Telaka stepped back winded then held up her hands.

“Well done Ororo, but save it for the test, I am here to help if you need any. I must get back to the temple.”

Ororo nodded and thanking the women turned and traded in her staff for chobos. Telaka turned and walking away turned around for a few more minutes watching her fight. She chuckled. If Epinon were not careful this one would take her job. Ororo worked fore several more hours rotating through weapons then after going through each of the movements grabbed her bow and headed out into the forest. She decided to go hunting, they would need meat soon enough. Xena watched ororo finall leave the practice fields and ran to catch up with her.

“Ro may I join you?”

Ororo turned and smiled.

“Of course. Your company is always appreciated. Gabrielle occupied with things of the state today?”

Xena chuckled and nodded.

“indeed she is. Where are we hunting?”

“I was thinking of heading up to the falls doing a quick patrol make sure everything is ok and then heading back into the fields there was a large stag spotted there this morning.”

Xena nodded.

“Lead the way oh great hunter.”

As they headed into the forest ororo had a hard time keeping up with her.

“Ro slow down. Whats bothering you?”

Ororo sighed and as they landed in the clearing above the falls she finally spoke.

“Melosa said she is going to be giving me her rite of cast, I don’t understand Xena, teach me the Amazon laws.”

“they are much like you’ve described your country, love its just a matter of how they are carried out. For Melosa to step aside and give you her title is to give you power to accomplish your destiny she understands that. Plus Melosa has been looking to retire, she is aging. You coming marked the end of her time.”

“theres another problem.”

Xena laughed.

“And that is?”

“I’m not into women.”

Xena laughed.

“Sure about that? Ever been with a woman?”

Ororo growled.

“No. Are you offering warrior princess?”

Xena growled.

“And if I was?”

Before Ororo could speak Xena closed the gap between them and kissed her. Ororo felt herself melt and enjoy the warrior princesses kiss. Her lips were soft and she intertwined her fingers in the Warriors black hair pulling her closer. Ororo surprised Xena by asking for entry with her tongue running across her lower lip deepening the kiss. When air finally became necessary they broke apart they searched each others eyes. Ororo spoke first.

“That was.. nice. You are a hell of a kisser woman.”

Xena laughed.

“I agree, but I don’t know if I’d want to go farther, you are much like my sister.”

Ororo chuckled.

“Sure? You are pretty sexy I could find myself jumping you.”

Xena growled and pulled her in for another kiss. Both women enjoyed it. When they broke apart both slightly short on breath Ororo patted her cheek.

“I think I agree though kissing you is a very nice experience, but you are to much like my sister. I like kissing you but its more comforting than anything else.”

Xena smiled tracing her fingers down Ororo’s jaw she smiled.

“I am here sister for whatever you need whenever you need it.”

The two sat at the top of the waterfall for an hour talking,
Ororo sitting between Xena’s legs snuggling close as they ate lunch. When lunch was finished both women got up and headed to the north fields. They were perched in the trees above the field when Ororo signed to Xena and pointed towards a large Stag that was gazing in the field. Xena nodded and moved to be in front of the stag to get the first shot. Both women notched an arrow and aimed at the stag. Ororo allowed her mind to be free of everything except the sound of the stag’s heartbeats and the feather tickling her ear. Xena watched and when Ororo signaled the arrows released and they flew to their target. Ororo jumped out of the tree and ran to the stags side. Repeating the Amazon chant she reached down grabbing her dagger and slit the animals throat. Xena joined her both thanking the animal for its life and quickly skinned it, packed the meat took its head and headed back to camp. When they reached it they were surrounded by Amazonians who quickly relieved them of their burden. They both headed to the hot springs washed up, joined everyone for dinner and soon headed to bed.
The death of the queen. by DaughteroftheWind
Author's Notes:
Beware, a few dreams here that contain rape. Enjoy.

disclaimer: all characters belong to their rightful owners I just play with them.
Another week passed and Ororo found herself ready to face her test. Xena squeezed her shoulder lovingly the morning of.

“Go and do well windrider for when you return you will be a full Amazon.”

Ororo turned and hugged the warrior, they had grown close over the last few weeks. Melosa approached.

“Come child I will be testing you.”

Ororo nodded and stepped out on the practice floor. The first test was with chobos Ororo won but not without three distinct wounds on her shoulders, the back of her knees and one across the ribs. Melosa nodded and putting her chobos on the rack handed Ororo a sword. Metal grated on metal, the two warriors were well matched but in the end ororo won. Next came the bow, another close tie in which Melosa won. Melosa nodded and threw her a staff, the final test. Ororo smirked thinking it would be easy. Melosa attacked near her right shoulder disengaged the attack and he staff cracked hard against Ororo’s ribs. Hearing her ribs crack Ororo felt her darkside kick in. Fighting it back she straightened her body and concentrated. The stillness filled her mind and prepared for Melosa’s next attack. Melosa attacked near her knees ororo blocked disengaged the blow and almost landed a blow to the back of Melosa’s neck. Melosa smirked, she had been expecting that attack. Ororo twirled her staff and waited. They traded blows for another twenty minutes, ororo getting several more blows landed to her face and knees. After being pushed back and knocked down Ororo rose again twirled her staff and waited. She let the stillness fill her mind and spirit, waiting. Melosa attacked with her signature attack, one that no other warrior had ever disengaged. Oror seeing the move calmed her mind, putting her staff in her right hand opening herself up, Melos raised an eyebrow just before it hit her Ororo caught Melosa’s staff between her staff and her left hand twisted until she was on the other side of it and landed three blows on melosa, one to the back of the head, one to the back of her knees and one hard in the small of her back, then landing Ororo turned ready to attack again only to find Melosa on the ground in considerable pain. Melosa stood leaning heavily on her staff.

“Well done Ororo. No one has dared that move before. Did you use your powers?”

Ororo lowered her weapon.

“No maam.”

“Congratulations you are now a full warrior of the amazon nation. You have become an incredible scout, a fabulous hunter and you have mastered the staff, the chobos, the sword, and most of all the bow. Tonight we celebrate at the entrance of a new warrior into our ranks. As such the staff you are holding and the bow Ephinay made you are your weapons, you are free to make others. Now little one come and help me to the healers hut.”

Ororo chuckled and quickly set her staff on the rack and moved under Melosa’s arms bringing the right one around her shoulders. The crowd cheered as they went to the healers hut. Melosa’s smile was cocked to the side as they walked.

“I don’t think I’ve had my ass this kicked in a long time. Well done.”

Ororo nodded.

“Thank you Melosa.”

Magdela growled at both of them as they walked in.

“Did you have fun beating the shit out of each other? Gods Melosa you are to old to be initiating young warriors into our ranks. And you Ororo.” Her eyes swept over Ororo’s bruised body “You should know better than to beat up on old ladies.” Her voice softened and her eyes twinkled. “ Rarly have I seen a young warrior defeat Melosa’s attacks, if you had just pulled that arrow back a little more into your ear you would have been perfect. The council all agreed you are one of the best, and they are talking about making you the new weapons master. Gods I’ll probably have both you and Epinon in here one day having beat the krap out of each other.” Magdela babbled on as Ororo hissed as the healers fingers came in contact with her broken ribs. Gritting her teeth she growled.

“Take care of the queen first healer.”

Magdela growled.

“You do not give me orders Amazon!.” Her eyes softened.

“However you are right.”

Ororo laid her head back on the slats of the side of the hut and listened to the alto voice of the healer carry on.

Twenty minutes later Ororo was almost asleep, Magdela laughed soflty and gently woke her up then tended to her broken ribs.

“Melosa did a doozy on you child you’ve broken three ribs and a very bruised knee cap. Chobos are good at low attacks.”

Ororo groaned as the healer tended her wounds then handed her a cup of something that smelled roughly like hay, cat poop and lavender.

“Drink it come on.”

Ororo crinkled her nose.

“it stinks.”

Melosa across the room grinned at her protégé.

“Come on Child cheers.”

Their mugs clinked together as they each drank the foul herbs as quickly as they could manage to swallow. After they were washed and bandaged Magdela sent them back to their huts to change for the celebration.

Solari sat in her chair and watched the royals sitting in their seats at the head of the dance floor. Her eyes met Melosa’s and profound sadness filled them. She stood and walked over to her love. Reaching out her hand no words were said both knowing that no words needed to be said. Solari drew Melosa into the crowd allowing her body to sway with Melosa’s to the music. Reaching down she brushed a lock of hair out of Melosa’s face and seeing tears felt her heart break. Bending her head she captured Melosa’s lips gently, comforting her lover. Melosa responded deepening the kiss and Solaro couldn’t help but groan. She broke the kiss when air demanded itself and gazed deeply into her lovers eyes.

“Keep that up love and we won’t be here much longer.”
Melosa smiled.

“Maybe I don’t want to be here much longer.”

Solari groaned as she saw the seductiveness in her lovers eyes. As she watched a sadness covered them as well.

“What love?”

“The hardest part of all of this Solari is leaving you.”

Solari nodded in understanding and pulled Melosa closer.

“Tonight my love is anight for celebration, we will deal with the pain later.”

Melosa nodded and slowly danced with her lover. Ororo watched Melosa stand and go out on the dance floor with Solari. Solari looked upset but as she held Melosa close, the two danced very closely then Solari reached out and brushed the queens lis with her own. Ororo smiled. She had suspected them to be a couple long ago but never knew. Her eyes continued to watch the couple until they began to droop. Her exhaustion take over she fell asleep in her chair. Xena chuckled watching Ororo’s head bob up and down as she fought sleep. When she finally succumbed to it Xena lifted her up gently in her arms. Ororo snuggled closer, and Xena walked her to their hut. Setting ororo down, Xena crawled in next to her holding the young women tightly.
####################################
Ororo was running fast through hthe forest the lion closing in fast behind her. Ororo growled and jumped into the trees, the lion followed no matter what she could do to outrun it. Her mind was so one focused that when she felt another presensce next to her she almost missed it. Glancing over she saw the face of a young girl, ororo’s eyes registred shock when she realized it was her little sister. Glancing behind her she saw the lion had transformed into a man, a big burly man. He sneered a wicked gin covering his features. He had a spurt of speed and his large dark hands grabbed both girls. Ororo woke up tied to a post and to the horrendous view of her little sister on her back a mans big penis pumping in and out of her, his knife against her throat and as he reached his climax the knife came across her throat, her gaze fixed on Ororo and her crimson blood staining the white sheets as the man roared his release.
#####################################

Ororo awoke from her sleep screaming in Swahili and she felt the dark side of her powers come to life. Ororo reached for them when she came to her senses and realized she was in an Amazonian hut. Xena awoke with the names ripping from Ororo’s throat and placing her hand on Ororo’s shoulder and speaking softly the young women broke down into sobs and Xena pulled her close. Ororo nestled into Xena’s embrace as Xena rocked her whispering calming words to her. Soon Xena felt the fingers digging into her bicep loosen and Ororo again fell into a fitful sleep.

Early the next morning Melosa stood outside Ororo, and
Xena’s hut her hand hesitant to push aside the leatherskin door and ask Ororo for her company. She heard a stirring in the hut and taking a deep breath opened the flap.

“Ororo accompany me?”

Ororo nodded and standing grabbing her bow and boots joined Melosa outside the hut. Melosa handed her her staff and the two walked out in the morning light.

“Ororo, this will be our last day together.”

Ororo turned to look at her a question in her eyes.

“Why?”

“The rite of cast happens tonight. You will be queen by tomorrow.”

“Melosa…”

Ororo was stopped by a finger to her lips.

“No more arguing Ororo. No more arguing. You may not understand this but you must accept it.”

Ororo growled but obeyed her mentor who pulled her into a tight hug. They held each other for several minutes then Melosa broke away. They spent the day together enjoying each others company. Before night fell they headed back to the village where Melosa disappeared.
Melosa turned to Ephinay.

“Are you ready for this night my regent?”

Ephinay hesitated.

“I will never be ready for this night my queen, but I have promised to do as I am commanded.”

Melosa smiled and hugged Ephinay closely.

“Come there are arrangement to be made.”

Night fell over the land, Ororo watched the sun set and felt the dread within her. Melosa was stepping down giving her the right to be queen of the Amazon’s a right Ororo didn’t feel she had. Sighing she felt Xena walk aup behind her and snuggle in. Xena’s strong arms entwining themselves around Ororo’s waist. Ororo leaned back enjoying the strength of the warrior

“You are worried?”

“It is hard to see Melosa step down Xena.”

Realization flitted across Xena’s face. The Amazon’s didn’t just step down this was a ritual killing. She was about to speak when Ephinay walked up.

“Come it is time.”

The three stood up and Xena felt a pit form in her stomach, Melosa stood at the head end of her throne, surrounded by the Amazon nation. Solari stood next to her queen and before Melosa walked down the stairs to where Ephinay stoodin the shadows, Melosa took Solari into her arms and kissed her passionatly.Solari had tears streaming down her face as they exchanged a gentle I love you to. Melosa smiled and wiped the tears of her lover from her face. Ororo found herself confused her mind focusing to put the pieces together. Melosa stopped in front of her and outstretched har arms. Ororo gladly accepted the hug as Melosa spoke soflty in to her ear. Ephinay stepped out of the shadows Xena and Gabriel joining her. Melosa stood and walked towards Gabrielle a smile on her face.

“I will miss you little sister, and the time will come when you will be needed as the leader of the Amazon, rest in that hope.

“ And now little one you will receive the only thing I can give you.” Stepping out of the embrace Melosa walked towards Ephinay.” All who stand here hear my words. I queen Melosa of the amazon nation pass the rite of cast onto Ororo Munroe, Windrider that her destinay may be fulfilled and the Amazon nation restored and healed. She will be your new queen you must follow her into battle as you would me. The old way will be no more as of this moment. Ephinay it is your duty and your rite to do as our law commands.”. Stepping close to Ephinay and clasping the dagger that Ephinays hands held she spoke. “Ephinay its time.”

Ephinay stepped forward a dagger in her hand putting her forehead against Melosa's, she whispered the rite of passage into the next world.

“Go my queen, be cradled into the arms of Artemis, and may you remember who you are.”

Before Ororo could comprehend all that was happening Ephinay stabbed Melosa the knife making a sickening sound as it passed through the amazon queens leathers and into her skin. Ephinay with tears in her eyes kept her hand on the dagger as she lowered Melosa’s body to the ground continuing the rite of passage. “You have honored your people and done it well but the time has come for you to pass on into the old world your blood will bring about anew world, you go out with the honor passed onto you, go into the next life and may it be well with your soul, may it be well with you our beloved queen.”

As the last breath flowed from Melosa’s body Ephinay stood with a tear streaked face and placed Melosa’s body on the flames. Gently she pressed a kiss to her forehead as she finished the ritual. “ You are and always will be our queen Melosa, today you pass into the underworld, may you know your people are taken care of.” Her voice cracked. “We now release your spirit.” As the flames licked at her flesh Ephinay removed the mask of the Amazon queen and walked to Ororo.

“According to the laws of our people Windrider, you now hold the rite to rule us we will follow you into battle, live and die for you as our queen.” Seeing the fear and struggle in Ororo’s eyes Ephinay spoke softer. “please do no dishonor her memory, do not dishonor our queen, take the mask, and do not try to understand.”

Ororo knowing the custom, as it was one of her own country stepped forward and received the mask from Ephinay. As she repeated the Amazonian queens vows to her people tears continued to slide down her face. The Amazon’s cheered when the mask fully covered Ororo’s face.

“Long live the queen of the Amazon’s. Long live the queen of the Amazon’s.” Then they turned to their old queen and began to grieve. As she watched Melosa’s body being burned her eyes snapped to several of the Amazonian’s grabbing their weapons and saw centaurs walking into the camp. Ororo stood

“Put down your weapons.”

The Amazonian women hesitated and Ororo spoke again anger lacing her voice. The women complied and the leader of the centaurs walked towards her.

“We only wish to honor your late queen. She was a wise and brave women. We understand the sacrifice she made and only wish to honor her.”

Ororo nodded and watched as the centaurs came and sang a song, a song of morning on in a strange tongue. Xena joined them her haunting soprano voice carried by the soft wind as its notes comforted her soul. They danced until the morning light touched the sky, slowly the Amazon’s moved into their separate huts. Ororo stood after everyone had left and grabbing a staff and her bow she ran into the woods finding the highest plateau. Closing her eyes the wind whipping through her white hair she began to practice, starting with simple tai chi movements and then moving nt more sophisticated battle strategies. After battling her shadow demons until the sun began to cast its last rays in the sky she collapsed exhausted in the tall grass tears streaming down her face.

“Why Meluso why?”

Ephinay having watched over her queen for the better part of the day chose that moment to come down into the field and sitting behind Ororo slid her arms around her waist and held her tightly. Speaking soflty she began to explain.

“Her blood was needed Ororo it is our way, its is the tradition that when the Windrider appears the blood of the queen is the first to be spilt that the new age may be ushered it. It was all she could give you.”

Ororo’s body shook with anger and pain she understood it was the ways of her people as well but her body wracked with sobs over the lives and the blood she had spilt earlier that day and the deep fear that her dark side could not be contained. The two women sat like that until the moon was high in the sky, both of them sobbing and offering comfort, offering understanding. Then slowly very slowly they both stood and walked back to the village.
*************************************************************
Logan about a hundred miles away sighed, he was a bit sore after sparing with Hercules today both had enjoyed it. Hercules came up behind him and smiled.

“The Amazon’s moved to the high camp. It will take us three days to reach them Logan. There has also been a shift in the ruling council of the Amazon’s. Meluso Queen of the Amazons handed off her rite of cast to an unknown party, the centaurs could not see her face, they are not often let into the amazon camp, but a few of them sent word down that they moved and honored the death of Queen Melosa.”

Logan nodded.

“We leave in the morning?”

Hercules smiled.

“Yes. I would recommend some sleep. You will need it.”
********************************************

Ororo awoke after a restless night of sleep, her heart aching. Dawn had just announced itself the sun cresting the ridge. Xena stood outside her hut.

“Come my queen, a scout moved in last night and we need you.”

Ororo sighed and followed Xena to the council chambers. When they reached it they found Amazons from four different tribes. Ororo was surprised but quickly hid her surprise when Ephinay pulled her aside.

“A war council has been called my lady.”

Ororo raised an eyebrow.

“A war council over what?”

“Go take your seat they all know who you are and I suspect you will soon know who they are. Listen well my queen.”

Ephinay announced her title as she went to sit down. As soon as she took her seat a women dressed more like a pirate than an amazon stood.

“Queen ororo, I know we catch you in atime of sorrow, especially over the death of Queen Melosa. My name is Terock, I am the queen of the amazons of the sea. We called this war council due to the increasing pressure on our lands from the Romans. We spotted a three hundred ships enroute to our shores several months ago.”
The women next to her dressed mostly in long leathers stood.

“My name is Seria, I am the head shameness of the northern amazons, We to have seen an increase in roman activity, We are afraid that Brutus and his men may come to our lands within the next few moons.”

A women stood dressed in garb much like the greek amazons.

“My name is Xaksala, I am the queen of the nomadic amazons, Our lands are everywhere but as we have traveled we are continually plagued by Romans, they take us as slaves and use us to pleasure themselves.”
Another women stood dressed in a mix of long leathers and a purplish cloth.

“My name is Kacala, I am the queen of the moon amazons.” Her striking, haunting emerald eyes took Ororo off guard. “we live far from here near the sea, we have seen romans come to annihilate us but have been able to avoid them.”

Terock stood again.

“Ororo we must do something, if we are not careful the Romans will overrun our lands and our race will die. We need the help of the greek amazons.”

Ororo nodded.

“Of course we will help. Ephinay, please go get Gabrielle, Xena, Epinon and Solari. I need to know where the romans are, where they are in force and lets begin an attack strategy.”

The day was spent in council chambers pouring over maps of the known world, planning battles and best defenses. Ororo stilled several arguments between the tribes and in many ways played mediator between old bitterness's, so that things could be done well. The army they had was not large. Ororo proposed an alliance with the centaurs, which caused the whole room to burst into argument for almost ten minutes. Finally Ororo stilled them with a loud voice.

“Enough!! Look I don’t fully understand the issues that we have with the centaurs.” Solari interrupted her.

“they are men that is reason enough.”

Ororo sighed.

“Be that as it may it will more than double our ranks and with the Romans we will need that extra effort. Do you think Ceaser will stop with us? He will go onto Centaur land as well, we might as well ally ourselves with them for now.”

Xena stood.

“many of you know me as the destroyer of nations, my army was stopped by Kaliopus and his men and my army was as vast and as cruel as Ceasars, think of the combined effort that the Amazons and the centaurs can have, we can more than protect our lands.”

Terock stood.

“And how can we know we can trust them Xena? For that matter how can we know if we can trust you destroyer of nations.”

The council once more broke out into a loud argument. Ororo felt her temper rising. She tried to speak several times only to be overshouted by the others. Anger rose within her and she stood causing a loud thunderclap to quiet the council.

“Enough!! If we continue to argue like this we will never win, nor will we ever stand as long as we are divided. Xena are you willing to stake your life and that of the amazon nation on the loyalty of the centaurs.”

Xena didn’t hesistate.

“Yes my queen.”

“Then negotiations will begin in a few days. Is the council agreed?”

Everyone in the council nodded.

“Good we will adjourn until morning, dinner is served. Please enjoy the hospitality of the greek amazon nation.”

The council chambers emptied of all except Ororo and Xena. Xena walked to chair in which Ororo sat and bent her hed gently kissing her. Ororo returned the kiss and smiled.

“Thanks babe.”

“You ok?”

Ororo sighed.

“Trying to be, political negotiations aren’t my favorite I will need you by my side when the time comes.”

Xena nodded.

“I promise. You coming to dinner?”

“Yeah in a bit I need a few minutes with Eph before then.”

Xena smiled and squeezed her hand.

“of course.”

As Xena left she ran into Eph waiting outside the door.

“Go she needs you.”

Eph smiled and walked into the council chambers.

When she walked in she handed Ororo a mug of special tea.

“What this for? “

“Its for your headache.” Ororo raised an eyebrow. “you’ve been rubbing your temples all day Ororo.”

Ororo chuckled.

“You said you had another matter to discuss with me what is it?”

Ephinay squirmed.

“Some of the women in our tribe do not believe allying ourselves with the centaurs is a good idea.”

“Do you agree with them Ephinay?”

Ephinay struggled.

“No my lady, I would never go against your word whether I agree or not, I think it can be a profitable venture, but I fear that they will betray us. “

Ororo nodded.

“I fear that to my friend. Send those women out on to the practice field tomorrow evening, whether they are of our tribe or not, they can try to win the ability to make those decisions.”

Ephinay started.

“No my queen that is a bad idea.”

“Eph please I don’t need anyone else questioning me.”

Ephinay nodded casting her eyes to the ground.

“Yes, My queen.”

Ororo reached out and pulled Ephinay's eyes, a warm love greeted Ephinay.

“Come lets go to dinner my regent.”

Ephinay returned the smile and together the two women went to dinner. Ororo retired to her quarters early that night her fingers gliding over Melosa’s staff as memories of her mentor and friend filled her mind. The questions still hung in her mind as she crawled into her bedroll and stared up at the moon. Her eyes closed as her mind slowed and she slipped into a fitful sleep.

***********************************************************

Ororo sat on the grassy plain overlooking the waterfall, her knees crossed under her her eyes closed as she meditated. She heard the grass crunch behind her and turned to see her mother. Ororo smiled.

“Mother it is good to see you.”

Ndare smiled and cradled her daughters cheek.

“As it is to see you my daughter. My how you’ve grown
look at you, warrior queen of the ancient greek amazons. You truly are an amazing woman.”

Ororo’s eyes flickered at her mothers words.

“mother my dark side is getting stronger.”

Ndare nodded.

“I know beloved I know.” At the confused look that crossed her daughters face Ndare lifted up her hands to silence her.

“Melosa found me in the afterlife told me of the battle you and with the romans. Ororo we always taught you to do good and not to be violent but there are times and places for that violence. You are using it for good to protect your people. That is an appropriate time and place to use its powers, for your own revenge this is a bad idea. Use your heart ororo you know that is right and wrong.”

“And if I cannot control it and kill hundreds of my own people?”

Ndare grabbed her daughters jaw jerking it to face her.

“Ororo you have grown so much since that time, you were young and foolish. You know better, let that experience guide you Ororo.”

Ororo laughed and allowed herself to be pulled into her mothers embrace. They sat like that for awhile until

N’dare spoke.

“I must go beloved.” She stood and began to walk away when a mischevious glint came into her eyes and she turned back. “ I just have to ask, will you take Xena as a lover?”

Ororo guwaffed at her mother.

“What? Seriously mother?”

“I had a few women lovers daughter mind you for comfort only after your father died. They understood more than most men. Don’t be afraid.”

Ororo growled as she watched her mother walk away.
End Notes:
Read and review please guys. thanks so much.
All the single ladies... by DaughteroftheWind
Author's Notes:
Just some fun, yes mre handling matters of the state. Logan goes off on a journey and ororo gets an overnight camping trip.
For disclaimers see previous chapters.
“You have the perfect opportunity to try it out with us friend.”

Ororo laughed a silly schoolgirl giggle her eyes flicking playfully to Xena who rolled hers at her. She softly began to sing.

“All the single ladies, all the single ladies, Put your hands up. Up in the club we just broke I’m doing my own little things. You decided to dip and now you wanna trip because another brother noticed me.” As she sang Ororo couldn’t help but stood up and started dancing the choreography. “I’m up on him, hes up on me, don’t pay him any attention,cuz I cried my tears, gave you three good years, ya can’t be mad at me. Cuz if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it,if you liked it then you should have put a ring on it. Don’t be mad once you see that he want it. Cause if you like it then you should have put a ring on it.” Ororo got lost in the song and the choreography until she turned her eyes toward her amazon friends. Both were sitting on the log ther mouths open in complete and total shock. Ororo chuckled and winked at Xena who again rolled her eyes

“Sorry wrong audience.” Seeing the two women not responding Ororo walked over and closed both of their mouths. “You’re both going to catch flies.”
Epinon closed her mouth and wet her lips.

“Wow. That was amazing. Did you write that?”

Ororo laughed.

“Hell no beyonce wrote that.”

“Whose Beyonce?”

Ororo stopped then realized she was in a time long before Beyonce, mentally chiding herself she answered causally.

“A musician from my time.”

Ephinay finally found her voice and stood walking over to Ororo and grabbed her butt playfully.

“Remind me to ask you to dance more often. Its good to see you let go a little bit.”

Ororo laughed. They continued to sit around the fire talking about life and slowly the four wineskins were nearing their end and the three women drinking them were starting to get tipsy.

“OOO OO I have a great idea.” Epinon slurred.

Ororo inclined her head.

“And that would be?”

“truth or dare.”

Ororo raised an eyebrow.

“You know normally I would say no.” Epinon began to pout and Ephinay joined in begging in a high whiny voice very unbecoming an amazon warrior. “But in the case that I am so tipsy. Why the hell not.”

Epinon grinned wickedly looking at Ephinay she spoke.

“Truth or dare baby?”

“Truth.”

“Did you check out Logan’s ass the other day?”

“If you’re not mad, yes. If you are mad, no.”

Epinon laughed.

“I’m not mad love. He has a nice ass.”

Xena interjected.

“But is his better than Hercules?”

“Your’s is nicer Xe.” Ephinay interjected then asked her question
“Truth or dare Ro?”

“Truth.”

“Have you ever slept with Logan?”

“No but I have come close.”

“Define close.”
Ororo waggled her finger at Ephinay.

“Only one question at a time Eph.”
Ephinay growled but was silence by Ororo turning to Xena.

“Truth or Dare Xena?”

“Truth.”

“Who has your greatest lover been?”

Xena thought about it then smiled gently a little regretfully.

“Marcus by far. He was a wonderful lover. Truth or dare Epinon.”

“You woosies have all said truth. I take a dare.”

Xena thought about it.

“I dare you to take away Ephinay’s wineskin in ten seconds.”

Ephinay growled and held her wineskin closer as Epinon stalked towards her. She tackled EPhinay and attempted to take the wineskin. Ephinay squealed angrily and hit her smack on the eyes with it. Epinon growled and tried to move up ephinays body. Wrong move. Ephinay used her long legs to grab and hold Epinon’s head and hold it there despite her bond mates struggling. After ten seconds she stopped movin knowing her time was up. She winked at her bondmate.

“Normally I would be enjoying this position love.”

Ephinay grinned as both looked over at the fire to see

Ororo and Xena in stitches over their brief skirmish. They separated and headed back to the fire. The game commenced the wine skins getting lower and lower and the women’s inhibitions going lower and lower. Finally
Epinon got a chance to ask Ororo.

“Truth or dare Ororo?” her eyes were glinting mischeviously.

“Dare.”

“Seduce Xena.”

Xena took a deep breath preparing herself for Ororo.

Ororo raised an eyebrow as soon as she was within inches of Xena. She straddled the warrior and then gently reached out and ran her hands over the muscular warriors body. Xena’s full attention snapped to Ororo as her muscles rippled and their eyes met, Ororo’s hands stopping right underneath Xena’s breasts. Ororo had a playful look on her face as she reached down gently and kissed Xena. It was not like their previous kisses but was very very sensual as her tongue snaked into Xena’s mouth her thumbs deftly rolled over Xena’s nipples causing them to harden almost painfully. When Ororo finally broke their kiss she ground her hips into Xena, Xena groaned her hands flexing at her side as she felt the sensation. Ororo having a moment of clarity stood and gently nipped Xena’s earlobe and whispered huskily. “ Gotcha.” Xena came to her senses and growled while Epinon and Ephinay rolled in laughter, and were somewhat turned on. Ororo ended the game with a smile and took the last draught out of her wineskin.

“oh look.” She slurred. “no more wine, no more game bedtime.”

All the wineskins were empty when they began to prepare for bed. There were only two bedrolls Ep and Ephinay slept in one and Xena and Ororo in the other. As they crawled into the furs together Ororo looked at Xena.

“You ok?”

Xena laughed and kissed the tip of her nose gently.

“perfectly fine little one. My heart is already taken in case you are wondering.”
Ororo laughed.

“I figured you were just playing with me.”

“I wasn’t you are a very sensual women and I was kind of turned on, but not enough to do anything about it.”
Ororo laughed and the two fell asleep, snuggled together.


Miles away Logan lay in his bedroll listening to the sound of the world outside his hut. As his eyes drifted close a man gently approached him.

######################################
Logan.

Logan turned and faced the man.

“Who are you?”

“My name is Talus, I am the dream weaver.”

“That’s nice bub why don’t you go weave someone elses dreams.”

“You are one of my own Logan. You are a descendant of the lost tribe. Only your power can unleash Ororo from her demons.”

“what are you talking about bub. Ororo don’t have any demons.”

The dreamweaver laughed a deep rich laugh that reminds one of creamy melted chocolate.

“ you obviously don’t know her as well as you think you do. Come let me show you a few of them.”

Logan’s dreams materialized like fabric and he found Ororo sounds asleep next to Xena who was holding her tightly. Her face was tear streaked and her eyes were pulled tightly closed He growled and the dream weaver stopped him.

“She comforts her only Logan.” He stepped forward and his palms went over the top of Ororo’s head and Logan felt himself being pulled int her dream. He watched as ororo and a young women ran through the forest they were being chased by a large man. When he caught Ororo he grabbed her by the hair and Ororo fought him hard. He hit her knocking her unconsiouss and grabbed the other young girl. He took them back to a small complex in which he tied Ororo and the younger women to a pole. When Ororo came to the man had taken the younger women, stripped her and with a knife against her throat was raping her. At his climax he slit the younger womens throat. Ororo awoke screaming and Logan wanted nothing more than to run to her and cradle her. He growled as he clenched his fists at his side.

“Whats your point dreamweaver?”

“This is one memory of many Logan. She has many demons that threaten to turn her to a dark side. She will need your strength.”

“What do I have to do?”

“Go on a pilgrimage, go to the mountains, by yourself and meet a man there he will teach youall you need to know. You must return a full amazon warrior. Then and only then can you help her.”
########################################

Logan awoke from his dream a thin sheen of sweat covering his body. He growled his anger welling inside him for what he’d seen Ororo go through. The man in his dream had said it was one of many. He wondered if these were the things that kept her awake crying at night. Yes, he’d noticed just never felt safe to do anything. He ran hard in the night his eyes glinting green with his feral side. He longed to hold her close to comfort her. How dare anyone touch her. He ran until he felt his chest constricted with the need for air. When he reached the top of the mountain he stopped and meditated.. He closed his mind to any thoughts only to have the images of Ororo’s sister being pounded into his mind. Growling he stood back up. Who was this dream weaver? He saw the tendrils of the sun come up and ran back to the hut. He fished made breakfast dressed and headed to the practice fields. He looked for Ororo, only to find she was gone for now. He groaned. He practiced with the Amazonians teaching them a few tricks training them the way Ro would want him to. He smiled as they improved. At the end of his first round Gabrielle approached him.

“Logan I could use some help.”

Logan nodded and grabbing a staff prepared himself and asked her to spar with him. Gabrielle attacked first and in a series of moves Logan knocked her on her back. Smiling he helped her up corrected her and they ran it again this time Logan found himself on the ground. He stood and they ran another series of moves Logan correcting and teaching her the upper hand. She smiled.

“thank you Logan.”

“You are welcome Princess. I have slight favor to ask.”

Gabrielle nodded.

“Anything.”

“I need to speak with Evony about an ancient myth. Is that possible?”

“Evony has been busy but maybe I can help come lets go to the archives.”

Logan followed her to the archives when they reached it Gabrielle turned and smiled.

“Tell me the story.”

“I’m not 100% sure it involves someone named the dream weaver. And I would like to know more about this prophecy I am apart of.”

Gabrielle raised an eyebrow her forehead crinkling with the legends she knew.

“Ahh the legend of the lost tribe hang on.”

She brought back ten or fifteen scrolls. Logan thanked her and invited her to join him. Together they sat and read the scrolls both gleaning new information. Logan narrowing down certain things. He found what he was looking for and turned ot Gabrielle who was perched in the window seat reading abou the lost tribe.

“Gabrielle I found it.”

“Found what?”

“Listen to this. The Warrior will be descended of an ancient and powerful race ad the melding of the two civilizations will bring peace. Not all that are lost can be found. What do you suppose that means?”
Gabrielle shrugged.

“I dunno my scroll says something similar though. It says not all that are lost can be found until the time is right.”

“Where was this lost tribe of amazons?”

“Says here, at the top of the highest mountain where Artemis’s temple exists.”

Logan groaned. Grabbing a piece of paper off the desk he scrolled an note to Ororo, handing it to Gabrielle he asked her to deliver it and before she could ask questions he quickly left. Solari was waiting outside. Logan grinned.

“Come if you can keep up Amazon.”

SOlari laughed she was beginning to get used to this impetuously defiant Man. She barely kept up with him as he moved very quickly untl he dropped near his hut waved and went inside. Solari shook her head and returned to the village. Logan stepped into the cabin relieved to see that Hercules wasn’t there. He left a quick nte for Hercules, packed a few supplies grabbed his bow and the staff he’d been working on. Attached the dagger to his belt and grabbing the map Hercules usually had and headed out.


The sun awoke Ororo and she rolled over to find everyone else still asleep. Her head was pounding and she groaned at the strength of the hangover. She headed over to the nearby river and drank deeply. She was joined by a groaning Xena.

“ I have one hell of a headache. Why did we decide to drink so much?”

Ororo laughed.

“I dunno but we are idiots. Gods my head hurts.”

Xena joined her kneeling by the stream and glanced at her.

“Can I ask you a question.”

Ororo shrugged.

“As long as you do it quietly.”

Xena laughed and ororo winced.

“ Who were you thinking of when you seduced me last night?”
Ororo paused water droplets dripping from her hands.

“What makes you think I was thinking of anyone?”

Xena studied her then after a moment spoke soflty.

“ The smoldering passion in your eyes. Tell me was that for me? Cause if it was Ororo..” her voice drifted off and Ororo turned her body fully to xena’s.

”I was thinking of Logan, Xena. I love you, but not that way. Would a ‘roll in the hay’ so to speak be fun with you…” Ororo sighed then smiled slyly. “Yes it would, but I know you want someone else and you should tell that person.”

Xena smiled.

“Ok philosopher. But if you ever need that kind of release I am her no string attatched.”

Ororo laughed and clapped a hand on the warriors shoulder.


“I know and ditto.”

They both smiled when they heard the other half of their party emerge from their bedrolls and join the other two at the rivers edge. Ephinay had a scowl across her face.

“Gods we drank to much.” Eponin beside her growled.
Ephinay groaned.

“Xe we better get Ororo back before the whole amazn nation comes down on us.”

Xena nodded and the four women went and quickly packed up camp, the rest of the meat was grabbed from its storage place and they mounted up. The four rode the horses hard to get back. When they reached the village it was around mid afternoon. Gabrielle heard the signals that the queen was back and closed her scroll and hurried out to meet them. Ororo was riding a beautiful black stallion with a silver mane and all of the party looked unhappy. Gabrielle scowled at Xena as soon as she dismounted.

“I sent you to retrieve the queen not join her Xena.”

Xena growled.

“It was almost 9 pm by the time I found them. It was to late to ride back my princess. I brought her back didn’t I?”

Gabrielle surprised by the tone Xena took with her raised an eyebrow. Xena realizing she’d bit her head off winced.

“Sorry I have a bit of a hangover. We all do.”

Gabrielle threw up her hands.

“Can’t send the four of you anywhere by yourselves. Sheesh. Look I have a lot of matters to deal with today may I suggest you eat drink and tend to your headache. Our queen will be indisposed as well I take it?”

Ororo emerged from the stall where Moonbeam was to be housed and stepped out her mask firmly in place.

“Not necessary Gabrielle I am fine, may I suggest that you take the day off?”

Gabrielle scowled but knowing her place bowed.

“As you wish my queen.”

Gabrielle turned heel and almost ran away until a soft hand enclosed her wrist. She turned to find Ororo’s sincere eyes meeting hers.

“Thank you for covering for me I needed a day away. Seriously relax today.Thank you.”

Gabrielle softened and smiled. Reaching into her cloak she handed Ororo the note from Logan.

“Logan asked me to give this to you. And you are welcome whatever you need.”

Ororo smiled and turned to Xena.

“Go rest. I need to go read reports.” Ephinay came up beside her. “You two go take time together to. I know you were holding back on my account.”

Both women smiled then winced as the horses whinnied. Ororo petted Moonbeam one more time gave him a sugar cube and headed towards the council chambers.
End Notes:
OK guys here is where I am getting stuck. I created thte story and the relationship she has with Xena to take it and allow them to have a bit of a comforting sexual relationship or I can leave it. There will eventually be a Rolo just not yet. Please read and review and give me some thoughts.
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=3357