Author's Chapter Notes:
I know I don't own so please don't sue me.
"Mama! Mama, daddy's home! He's back mama!"

Long black curls bounced up and down on the four year old girls back, as she jumped in the air excitedly. Leaving her dolls to finish their cookie and lemonade tea party alone, she ran to the man striding towards her, as fast as her little legs could go.


Logan dropped his duffle bag, bending down to scoop the spirited little sprite into his arms, hugging her to his massive chest, before swinging her around, listening to her squeal with glee.

Ororo came out into the bright sunshine, shading her eyes with her hand to see the sight of her young daughter with her father wrapped up in their own world with each other, blissfully reunited again. She stood listening to the warm giggles of the blue eyed, overall clad beauty and the rich timbre of Logans laughter, while he played with the littlest light of his life, both sounds a sweet caress to Ororo's heart.

Carrying his child cradled to his side, Logan neared the other most perfect creature in the world, as far as he was concerned. The vision of Ororo dressed in a flowing white sundress, hair loose and blowing gently in the slight breeze and as always sans shoes in the summertime at home, so that she could feel the cool grass between her toes, was mesmerizing. She was beyond beautiful, she was ethereal.

Setting Skye down upon her own feet, Logan embraced his wife, seeking the lips he had missed for two and a half weeks. Her arms enveloped as much of his brawny frame as they could, tenderly she poured her welcome home into the passion meeting at heir joined mouths.

Never having relinquished the hold of her father, as she clung to one of his legs, Skye peered up at her parents, a huge smile lighting her face. Mommy and daddy always did the kissy stuff wherever they were, not caring who was around. She didn't mind, it made her happy to see them that way. Something about it always made her insides smile. Smiles were a good thing.

Leaning away from each other, but still holding on, Logan held her at her waist, Ororo stroked his hair with one hand, while caressing his cheek with the other.

"Look mommy, you were right, daddy did come home soon. See mommy?!" Skye sing-songed, still smiling looking up at the two of them.

"I see baby. Daddy always comes home as soon as he can when he has to leave us." said Ororo, looking into his eyes.

Logan caught the hint of sadness in her voice at her last words.

"Take your things to your room and we will be there shortly, okay sweetheart."

Again thick black curls bounced around skye's head, as she nodded up and down, before squeezing both their legs, running over to gather her dolls and skip inside. She sang her own song over and over as she went, "Daddy's home, daddy's home...fam-i-lee. Daddy's home, daddy's home...fam-i-lee!"

Both proud parents grinned ear to ear.

"I missed ya darlin." Logan's eyes scanned her from head to toe.

"Come my heart, let me get you something to eat, if I know you food has been the last thing on your mind."

Eyeing her once again, lasciviously, Logan growled low in his throat, "Still is darlin." he pulled her to himself again to feast on what he was truly hungry for one more time, her lips, before heading inside to the kitchen, arms still wrapped around one another.

===

Logan leaned on the door frame of their bedroom, his arms crossed over his chest and his ankles crossed one over the other. He would never tire of just looking at her. She was evereything he never imagined he would have, yet dreamed of and more. Though she didn't birth him, she had given him his life. A life he would kill to protect, his family.

"I really love ya, ya know?" his deep voice rumbled the words, giving strength to each one.

She sat on the bed almost lotus style. The brush in her hand stilled its stroke in her silken locks upon hearing his declaration. She wouldn't cry, but the simplistic truth of his words always touched her more than he would ever know. "I wish I had the words, my love, but because I don't my life and all that I have to give will have to do."

He entered the room with a confident swagger that belonged to him and him alone. Pulling her from the bed, he encircled her in the shelter of his strong arms, holding on for dear life, never wanting to let go.

"Uummmm, Logan." her voice a muffled whisper.

"Yeah darlin?"

"Can't breathe..." more muffles.

Quickly he released his vise like hold, gracing her with his beautiful lopsided grin in apology. "Sorry darlin, told ya I missed ya."

"So I see," she laughed, "I have missed you as well and am happy for your safe return."

Not one to push him, knowing he did things in his own time, but giving him a nudge, she cleared her throat.

"Okay Ro, I can take a hint." he sat upon the side of the bed settling her upon his lap, still needing the contact with her. "It's done. I'm done. No more looking for John, he doesn't want to be found and I don't want to leave ya and the sprite anymore."

"Next to Skye, your brother John is your only blood relative. Are you sure my heart?"

He rolled a lock of her hair between his fingers, "As sure as I am about my love for ya darlin. If he wants to be a part of this family he can do the seeking from now on. I'm staying here, where I belong, with you, the sprite and the X-men."

She took his hand and softly placed it on her abdomen. Her eyes searched his face for his reaction.

"Ro..., darlin? What...when, how far...don't say nothing Ro. Again. I'm gonna be a father again?" he was smiling from ear to ear and making absolutely no sense in his excitement.

"Yes daddy, you are in about seven months. Are you happy..."

"Happy! Darlin is it too late to try to make it twins! he growled, rolling her over onto the bed.

"Thank you Logan. For giving me reason to breathe and keeping my heart safe within your own. I love you."

"No darlin, you are my heartbeat and you've given me reason to live, for that I owe ya everything. It is I who love you Mrs. Howlett, beyond forever.

Again they were caught up in the kissy stuff.

Across the hall supposedly fast asleep, a dark haired, blue eyed imp smiled an empathic smile just like her uncle Remy's, at the butterflies tickling her insides. Daddy was home. Daddy was home, with her whole...fam-i-lee.





You must login () to review.