Story Notes:
I wrote this during the summer while I was in Boston, and I forgot my notebook there; my dad has FINALLY sent it to me, and now I can post it.
Lightning flashed as the X-men appeared in the President's office. As Xavier explained everything to the President, and mentioned the losses, Hawk looked at Storm; sensing that she was close to losing control over her emotions. She slowly took a hold of Storm's hand, and gave it a gentle squeeze. Strorm jumped slightly, but didn't lose her focus over the weather. Logan turned to look at Scott first, then the others. He noticed Storm jump next to him. Stay out of it, Hawk told him firmly. Logan took her advice; usually, he would just ignore it, but she knew Storm better than him, and knew when it was a bad idea to interfere.

Xavier finally finished talking to the President. "We'll be watching," Logan said. There was a flash of thunder and lightning, and they were gone.

XX

"Ugh!" Everyone- well, the kids at least- complained when they jaunted to tghe locker area from the jet. "Nightcrawler," Hawk said, shaking her head as a headache set in, giving her nausea.

"I'm sorry," Nightcrawler began.

"No, it's alright, it's not your fault," Hawk cut in. "I'm going upstairs to get some Excedrine."

"After you get changed," Storm said, heading to the girl's side of the locker room with Rogue. Hawk followed.

As they changed, Storm looked miserable. Both Rogue and Hawk knew it was a bad time, but Hawk still tried. "You comin' Storm?"

Storm looked at them, then sighed. "Go on ahead, girls. I'll be up there in a few minutes."

"Oh, okay," Hawk replied, turning back to ROgue as they walked out.

When they were gone, Storm slid down the lockers on to the floor, finally letting the tears she had been holding back fall.

XX

As the girls walked out, they ran into the guys; Scott just walked away without even a greeting; Nightcrawler and the Professor were already gone. Bobby walked up to talk to Rogue, and Logan looked at them- as if he were expecting someone else with them. "Where's Storm?"

"Still changing," they said. It's looks bad; she's miserable Hawk added. Of course, who knows what's goin' on when they're not looking.

Logan was confused for a moment, but then Hawk nodded toward the lockers, and turned back to the others. Logan took the hint and cautiously entered, not wanting to invade Storm's privacy.

He saw her on the floor- changed- and a tear or two falling. "Are you alright?"

Storm looked up, startled, quickly wiping her face. "Did Hawk tell you where I was?"

"How did you know?"

"Storm snorted. "She's too predictable."

After a moment, Logan sat down next to her. "You never answered my question."

There was a moment of silence before Storm answered. "I almost lost it, Logan," she said quietly.

"Lost what?"

"Lost control of my emotions; lost control of the weather."

"Storm," Logan said gently, knowing he was treading in dangerous waters. "It's okay to let go of your emotions."

"No, Logan," Storm said, a little sharply. "It's not; not for me anyway."

"Why not?"

"My emotions," she began with a shuddering breath, "they effect the weather. If I don't keep the controlled, the weather will go crazy. I could create a category five tornado as fast as I can create a lightning bolt; I could create a hurricane in less than five minutes."

"Doesn't Hawk also create hurricanes and stuff like that? I thought her ability over the air allowed her to control the weather?"

"Hawk doesn't give in to her emotions; but, I told her she should, because she kept them bottled up and when it became too much for her, she would lash out and break down. Now, she just does it when no one's around. But, her emotions don't effect the weather unless it's extreme." She sniffed and shook her head. "It's not the same."

Logan was stunned to see her talk like that. He now understood why she never showed emotion- but, it was still shocking to see the strongest woman on the team seem so mortal, and not the goddess he'd heard so many rumors about. He gently put a comforting arm around her; she didn't reject it, but she didn't fully accept it either. She seemed wary of it. "It's the same to me."

Storm looked at him. "Why do you even care, Logan?"

"Because we've all lost something precious, Storm, and we all need someone to talk to; so that we can support one another."

Storm nodded slowly. "Does this mean you'll be staying with us for awhile?"

Logan nodded.





You must login () to review.