Logan woke up with his beautiful wife wrapped in his arms. Her snow-white hair in a tangled mess across her back, with her head against his chest. Logan looked at the clock; 7:00, he knew the office could wait another hour... or two. It was Saturday after all, and he rarely was able to spend a good night with his girl.

She stirred as he turned back towards her. "Hey," she whispered sleepily.

"I was hoping you would stay asleep for another couple of hours," Logan said, kissing her.

Storm laughed. "So you could stay out of the office for another couple of hours?"

"That was the plan."

She smiled, and kissed him. "That's sweet, but I have to get to the floral shop before nine this morning."

"I thought it was Jean's turn to open shop?" Logan asked, as Storm got up and went to the bathroom.

"She's on vacation and Rogue is out sick today," Storm replied as she started the shower. Logan got out of bed and followed his wife in, grabbing her by the waist and pulling her towards him. "Logan!" She exclaimed, laughing a bit in amusement.

"Can't help myself, darlin'," he whispered in her ear. "You're beauty calls to me whenever we're apart."

"Now you're just hoping to get me in bed with you a little bit longer," she replied, kissing him on the cheek before reaching over for her body wash.

"Did it work?"

"Normally it would," she said, "but not when I have to open up shop today."

Logan pouted, but his wife would not be swayed. "I'll make it up to you tonight though," she said, as she began lathering up her body.

Logan gently took the loofa from her and slowly washed her body. If he couldn't have her now, at least he could still touch her body and wash it clean.

She returned the favor, and even scratched his chest lovingly.

After showering and getting ready, Logan dropped Storm off at the flower shop and headed off to the Precinct.

"Hey, Wolvie!" Jubilation Lee called as she rushed over to give him a hug.

"Hey, kid," Logan replied. "Thought you'd be hanging out with Kitty?"

"She's out with Colossus," Jubilee pouted. "Then she has to go to the flower shop."

"Tough luck for ya," Logan said, before giving her a twenty. "Knock yourself out."

"Thanks, Wolvie!" Jubilee called as she raced away.

"When are you not giving that kid money?" Bobby Drake asked.

"It's just a little something to keep her out of my hair," Logan replied, sitting down at his desk. Not two seconds later, the phone rang. "Wolverine," Logan answered. He quickly turned on the television. "On my way," he said, putting the phone down.

CaM


Storm looked up as Kitty walked in. "Hello, Kitten," Storm called from behind the counter.

"Hey, Storm," Kitty replied. "Heard your husband got the Prostitute case. Tough luck."

"What Prostitute case?" Storm asked.

"You don't know? It's been all over the news."

Storm grabbed the remote and turned the TV on. "Police aren't telling us if they have a lead or not, but the woman seems to have been killed by some sort of animal." A reporter was saying to the viewers.

Storm sighed, putting the television on mute. Looks like it was going to be a late night for her husband.

CaM


Hank covered the dead girl's body with a sheet as he waited for the techs to get the gurney to him. "What's the cause of death, furball?" Logan asked him.

"Looks to me as if an animal might've mauled her to death," Hank replied. "I'll know more ince i get her onto the table, though." He looked at her ID. "Her name was Alyssa Thropp."

Logan wrote the name down, and then noticed what street they were on. It wasn't far from the flower shop. "Bobby," Logan called to him.

"Yeah?" Bobby asked.

"Take over for me, will ya? I have to go do somethin'," he said, heading over to his car. "And make sure the Cajun sticks with the body."

"Okay, boss."

Five minutes later, Logan reached the flower shop. "Hey, Shadowcat," Logan called to her.

"Hey, Wolverine," she replied, looking up from the bouquets she just placed out. "Here to see Storm?"

"Who else would I be here for?" Logan asked with a grin.

"I don't know, Jean?"

Logan frowned at the joke; Jean had caused a lot of tension in his marriage at one point because she would flirt with him nonstop. "Not funny, kid."

When he reached the entrance to the green house at the back of the shop, Logan followed her scent, and found her clipping roses and arranging them into a nice bouquet. He slowly walked up behind her, listening to the constant snip, snip of the cutters. Finally he grabbed her from behind, startling her. "Logan!" She exclaimed.

"What?" He asked, looking at her innocently.

"You're lucky I didn't cut my finger off," she grumbled.

"Sorry, 'Ro," he said, nuzzling her neck. "I just wanted to surprise ya."

"Mission accomplished," she said.

"Looks like I may have to work late again, tonight," he said apologetically.

"I know, I heard on the news."

"Think I can get a rain check tonight?"

"That depends," Storm replied, turning to look at him. "What are you willing to do for it?"

"Anything," he replied, kissing her lips.

"Anything?" She replied a little seductive. "Well, in that case, then I think coding the dishes tonight when you get home should be enough."

"Done," Logan said, kissing her deeply.

"Logan, I have to get back to work," she said, not resisting him at all.

"All I ask for is fifteen minutes," he said.

"If there were more of us, I would gladly give you those," she said. "But it's only me and Kitty."

Logan sighed, knowing his wife was right. "But, I'll make sure it's double the fun tonight if you're not home too late."

"Now that's an offer I can't resist," Logan said, releasing her, and turning back to the entrance.

Storm shook her head and went back to her cutting.

CaM


Outside of the flower shop, a man looked up from reading the newspaper. As he watched Logan drive away, he smiled, and walked into the flower shop.





You must login () to review.