Logan's bike roared up the driveway into the garage. He turned off his bike and looked around the garage. He saw one eyes car and could smell he must have gotten home about thirty minutes ago with jean. He's been gone for a month trying to figure out exactly who he is but every trail turns up cold. He's feeling that maybe it's time to give it up and attempt to settle down.

"If I find me a woman, I'm not lookin back again" he says getting off of his bike and slinging his duffle bag over his shoulder. He walks into the mansion and all the familiar smells hit his nose and he feels at ease.

"Logan!!!!!!!" He heard Marie shriek. She runs up to him jumps in his arms. "Ah missed ya" she says softly.

"I missed you too kid" he says hugging her back. Marie was like a daughter to him. Se told him all her secrets and he would always have good advice for her. He enjoyed her company. But father and daughter was all their relationship would be.

"Ah Logan, how was your trip?" Professor rolled up behind Logan. Logan turned to face the professor.

"Pretty good chuck, but I think I'm gonna be round here for a lil bit before I take off again." He says in his usual gruff tone.

"That's nice to know Logan, I'm sure you are tired, take a rest and we can talk in my office tomorrow" professor says heading to the library with his tea and a book.

"Sure thing chuck" Logan says heading up the stairs.

He goes to the kitchen and makes himself a sandwich before heading up the stairs. About halfway up he stops and he feels his animal begin to stir. It's a new scent and its strong. It's sandalwood, rain, and jasmine. He closes his eyes to make the smell more potent and he exhales deeply. "Damn" he says while licking his lips and looking around. "Who's that" he feels his beast clawing at his I side to get out to track, find and mark whoever that it with the intoxicating smell. Those are all smells that he enjoys separately but together it's almost a drug to him. He followed the scent down the hall and it lead him to the stairs that go to the attic. He still had his bag and sandwich in hand.

"Wolvie!" Jubilee squeaked hugging him from behind.

"Hey kid" she said gruffly "what's up there?" He asked.

"The new girl" jubes said "she's really to herself, she came about a week after you left. She's tall, white hair, blue eyes....you hardly see her, I think she's adjusting....she from Africa I think I heard professor say"

As jubilee rambles on and on Logan tries to picture the person with the intoxicating smell. He glances up those stairs debating weather or not to go introduce himself to her. But it would raise suspicion. "See you soon" he thinks to himself. He notices that jubes is still talking he grunts and nods to make it seem like he's listening. "Hey jubilee, how old is new girl....she grown like me and chuck and Cajun or she young like you, Scott and jean?" He ask

"I don't know, I haven't talked to her....I seen her like once" jubilee goes back to rambling.

A frustrated Logan nods a few more times. "Hey jubes, I'm beat from my ride, I'll catch up with you later...I think Marie said she was lookin for you, something about the mall and movies. " Logan says turning to walk away. He knows marie hates malls and will be upset with him for sending jubes her way but she'll get over it.

Logan goes to his room and turns on the tv. Nothing holds his attention like the smell of the new mystery girl. He's never felt this pull to someone before and it's scarring him a little. He's been with his share of women and even loved a couple of them but the feeling he has now is primal. And his beast wants out. He gets out of bed and looks at the clock.

"2:00 am...shit. Well a quick run should make this bastard tired." He says as he pulls on shorts and running shoes and heads out the door in an attempt to calm his stirring beast. He opens the door and the smell is stronger as if she just passed his door. He smells it lingering around his door, as if she stood there for a minutes.

"Grrrrrr" he growled with frustration. "Why didnt she knock" he says to himself as he walks down the stairs. He heads out the mansion and runs towards the woods. The smell of trees and outside calms him significantly and as he approaches the lake he smells his drug and he slows down. He doesn't want to make her scared of him. Logan loses control over his beast. And begins following her scent. Careful not to step on twigs. He came to the lake opening. What he saw in front of him was a goddess. She was sitting with her legs crossed under her. He long white hair blowing in the night wind. Her skin was like milk chocolate and he wanted to taste it. He closed his eyes and inhaled deeply to make sure it was her. He softly purred with satisfaction. "There she is....my god, I'll take care of her" he says softly to himself. He layed on the ground and watched her. Taking in all her features and would occasionally close his eyes and breath in her smell and imagine her laying next to him. Telling him all her secrets and him making sure she is safe. He heard a sound that he didnt like. It was soft and if he didnt have enhanced hearing he wouldn't have caught it. She was crying. He stood up and wanted to run over to her and hold her, kiss her and let her know that it was going to be alright and he would care for her because he loves her but decided against it. But he couldn't leave her his beast wouldn't let him. Logan takes a deep breath and makes himself visible. The girl turns around. Logan takes in the beauty sitting in front of him. "She's as pretty as she smells" he thinks to himself. He steps towards her.

"Hey" he says cursing himself for not really knowing what to say.

"H-hi" she says. Standing up. She's a good 6'1' with no shoes on. Logan doesn't mind. He's around 5'5' with his nikes on. But he hopes that she doesn't care.

"What ya doin out here darlin' it's late" he says. Thankful his beard hides him blushing from his nickname he gave her. But just felt natural.

"Just had to get away for a bit. Am I in trouble?" She asks him wiping her tears away. Logan wishes he could kiss them away but it's too soon for that.

" no, never....we all need ta get away sometimes. Ya new here?" He ask

"Yes....I've been here like three weeks" she answers.

"You miss ya parents?" Logan ask. He notices her eyes water again and he feels bad for asking.

"I don't have any, they died when I was little" she said. Not knowing why she volunteered the last part but something about this man makes her feel comfortable.

"I'm sorry....I don't have any either. What's your name?" He ask. Needing to know his goddess name.

"Ororo.....what's yours?" She felt like she needed to know who he was

"Logan.....James Logan Howlette. But I prefer Logan" he said looking in her blue eyes he felt like he could get lost in.

" nice to meet you Logan" she smiles

"It's my pleasure Ororo." He says grinning

"Well ill head back and give you some time." She said starting to levitate. Logan's eyes go wide at the site of her hovering above him.

"You don't have to, I like company" he says hoping she will stay with him

" you sure?" She ask.

"Yeah, you can always keep me company" he says. She gracefully lands in front of him and they walk over to the bench and sit.





You must login () to review.