A/N: I watched an episode of Katie and they were doing something about Human Trafficking, and I wanted to do a fictional story on that. I might get a little more explicit than normal, so just be prepared. This is a serious topic, and I feel like it needs to be out there. I mean no disrespect to the victims of this horrific crime.

Sixteen year old Ororo Munroe wandered around the streets of Cairo, pickpocketing whenever she could. As the sun went down, she was on her way to Achmed el-Gibar, when someone stopped her in her tracks. "Excuse me," he spoke in an accented English. "Can you help my friend?"

She looked past the man to see a boy not too much older than her, lying on the ground groaning in pain. She rushed over to him, helping him up. "What happened?" she asked.

"You...shouldn't have come..." the boy groaned, grasping his rib cage. Ororo quickly realized that he was an urchin like her, and the next thing she knew, there was a cloth over her mouth and darkness overcame her.

NMWIALY

Ororo woke up in the back of a truck with several other girls. She was scared, and terrified of her fate, and huddled in the corner. When the truck stopped, the door opened, and all the girls were hurried out. Ororo started hyperventilating as all the girls were crowded into another room. It wasn't long before she collapsed and went into a fetal position. Darkness overcame her once more, and it was several hours before her next nightmare would begin...

NMWIALY

Ororo was roughly awakened by someone shaking her shoulder. "Get up!" he said.

Ororo was on her feet in an instant; as she looked around, she realized that she was in a small room- but not too small for her claustrophobia- with nothing but a small bed. She did not like where this was going. "My name is Amahl Farouk," the man said," and you are one of my new slaves. You will cooperate if you want to be taken care of..."

A man that she didn't know walked in as Amahl walked out. "Lie down on the bed," he ordered. Ororo started to cry and shake her head. The man grabbed her by the shoulders and threw her onto the bed. Ororo cried out in pain and was stunned for a moment, giving the main all the time he needed to pin her hands above her head. He ripped her dress open and opened up his pants. Ororo squeezed her eyes shut, trying to suppress all her current feelings. She cried out in pain as her shoved himself inside her. She tried to push him off of her, but she couldn't.

When it was over, the man tossed a few dollars on her, and left; Ororo could do nothing but cry.

NMWIALY

Six years later... Westchester, New York

Logan Howlett wondered the streets of New York, stopping by a club. "What'll ya have, sugah?" a brunette with a white streak in her hair asked him.

"I'll take a beer," Logan replied.

The girl nodded, and walked off. Logan decided to take a look in his surroundings. He noticed that some of the couples were being taken into the back. He shuddered at the thought of what was going on back there. "Here ya go," the girl said.

"Can I see some ID?" he asked.

The girl produced one.

"Marie D'Ancanto," he said. "Just turned 21."

"It's actually Anna-Marie," Marie replied. "But most people just call me Rogue."

"Why?"

"I absorb memories and powers... to the point of almost killin' them," Rogue replied.

"Ah," Logan replied. "They call me Wolverine sometimes."

"Why?"

"Take a look at my hand."

Rogue looked at the space between his knuckles, and saw three blades sticking out partially. "Does it hurt?"

"I'm used to it." Logan looked up as he heard a scream come from the back. "What's goin' on back there?"

Rogue sighed, and turned away. "You don't wanna know. The owner of this place is very dirty, and he has a lot of influence on the town."

Logan sighed irritably; he hated people like that. Then he caught a scent of someone familiar to him. "Have you seen a big blonde man here?" he asked Rogue. "Goes by the name of Victor Creed?"

"Sabretooth?" Rogue replied. "Yeah, he's here every night. That cheatin' beast comes here for some... release from one of the girls here all the time." Just as she finished, Sabretooth walked over to the bar.

"Hit me, Skunk."

Rogue rolled her eyes at the nickname, and went off to get his drink.

Victor smiled when he saw who the person was on the other bar stool. "Well, well, if it ain't the runt."

Logan's claws itched to come out, but the last thing they needed was a bar full of damage. "Behave yourself, Vic, or Ah'll knock ya out again."

"Alright, Skunk."

Logan decided to leave before things got heated. "Thanks for the drink, kid."

"No problem, Logan."

Logan walked outside, taking a long swig of his beer. He heard some sobbing in the alley behind him. The first thing he saw was white hair that glowed in the moonlight, and smooth ebony skin. He would usually care less about other people's sorrows, but something urged him to go to her. "What's wrong, darlin'?"

She looked up, startled. As Logan stepped closer to her, he realized that she was a prostitute. The clothing she wore fit her perfectly, making her appealing to the eye; but something told Logan that there was something more to it. "Who-who are you?"

"Easy, darlin'," Logan said. "I'm not here to arrest ya."

"You're a police officer?" she asked. Logan heard a strong accent in her voice. Immigrant, probably illegal.

"Yeah."

"You need to leave," she said, looking around. "If they find you, there's no telling what they'll do."

"Who?"

"Ororo!" Someone called. The woman stood up and she walked toward the man who called her name. More than likely he was her pimp. He could hear something going on between the two of them, but couldn't make out the words. The scream he heard didn't need any translations.

"Hey!" Logan called. The couple turned to him, and he was reaching for his handcuffs when he saw the fear in Ororo's eyes, and the slight shake of her head. "Leave the woman alone."

"Or what?" The other man challenged.

"I'll call the cops."

"I doubt it," the man replied menacingly, grabbing the woman. "Hapana! Hapana, tafadhali!" she cried in a foreign language.

"Quiet," the man hissed, holding a knife to her throat. "I would walk away, if I were you, or the woman dies."

Logan held his hands up in surrender, knowing that they could kill her before he could call for backup. "Alright, I'm going."

As he walked away, he heard the grunts and groans of the woman as she was released, and probably thrown on the ground. He shuddered as he thought of what the guy must be doing to her, and made a mental note of the bar this took place at. If his hunch was right, there was a human trafficking organization around here; and they just made themselves known to one of the best there is.





You must login () to review.