Story Notes:
None of the characters are mine. They're all owned by Marvel and I'm not making a single profit in this.
The only noise in the room was the hockey game that was on the television. The living room was practically empty, and despite the fact that it was a Friday night and the children were on spring break, no one dared enter the room. Hockey night though, no matter what, meant that Logan had the biggest television available, and since most of the children didn’t practically like spending time with him, they left the room alone. Rogue was with him though, had joined him in his hockey nights since they started a week after Jean’s death.

After about two months of their hockey nights, while Ororo was looking for a relatively quiet place to herself, did Logan call her into the room. She’s been pacing about the institute for a week in hopes to find a corner where she could remain undisturbed. Logan of course had notice, had heard the light thread of her feet as she paced the noisy halls, and listened to her sighs of frustrations, and he couldn’t ignore the patience of her voice when she spoke to her students. She was always patient, no matter how tired she was.

So he called her in as he passed the door, and ignored the curious look Rogue gave him. He glanced at her, offered her a smile, and brought his beer to his lips. She huffed, and leaned back up against him, pulling the light blanket around it. It wasn’t cold, but Logan’s learn that Marie preferred the blanket. He chalked it up as a comfort habit. Since he took up a majority of the couch with Rogue lying across the rest, Ororo took the recliner closest to the window.

The hockey game continued, and Ororo stayed silent as her eyes focused on her lesson plan. Logan would often comment about a play, and Rogue who only understood the game because of Logan, followed along silently. It grew late, and after pressed a tired kiss against his stubble cheek, Rogue headed up for bed.

Commercial eventually came, and Logan turned his attention to the weather witch. He’s felt her eyes on him for the past thirty minutes, and after quirking a curious eyebrow at her, did Ororo finally speak.

“Tell me something no one else knows.”

He blinked, because that wasn’t what he was expecting, and he wasn’t sure how to answer that exactly. He hadn’t really spoken to Ororo on an one-on-one bases. Most of his interactions had been with either Jean or Rogue, and Chuck. Granted, since Jean’s death, they’ve spoken more, but it was never on a deeply personal level.

But still, she never gave him a reason to not trust her.

Just like she never gave him a reason to trust her.

For whatever reason, Logan decided to trust her. After all, it wasn’t like she was asking for an earth shattering secret. Ororo just wanted to know something that no one else knew. And he could give her that, couldn’t he?

“I was never in love with Jean.” He wasn’t sure why that was the secret he had decided to tell her, but in the end, Logan didn’t care. He had grown to care for Jean, and perhaps he had loved in the way that Ororo loved Scott? He hadn’t dwelled on his feelings long enough to figure out exactly how he felt for Jean, but he knew that he didn’t love her.

Logan tore his eyes away from Ororo, and stared at the carpet, eyebrows drawn together. “She had reminded me of someone. I just… I can’t remember who.”

He was a thousand miles away, and Ororo watched him as he looked back onto his forgotten past. After a few quiet seconds, his dark eyes found hers once more. She hadn’t expected him to open up like that, hadn’t thought he would let her into a glimpse of his forgotten past. She offered him a tentative smile, because she wanted him to know that she wasn’t about to go shouting it from the roof tops, that his secret would be save with her.

But he had played a long, and told her a secret, so now it was her turn. “When the professor brought me here, I had a crush on Scott. He was completely smitten with Jean, so I let that go.”

His loud laughter filled the average sized room, and the kids that were talking past the entrance peeked inside before scattering. Ororo wasn’t sure if she’s ever heard Logan laugh that loudly, and neither have the students, which might have been why the few students that were awake scattered. She reached for a throw pillow, and tossed it directly at Logan’s head. He deflected it of course, and despite her embarrassment at being laughed at, she grinned, because it was so good to hear Logan laugh. He looked so much younger

“I was young and foolish. You cannot blame a girl for being intrigued by an American man.”

“Yeah, I can.”

He handed expected to hear that from Ororo, but if he thought about it, he couldn’t say he was completely surprised. She had made a point, she had been new to America, and Scott may have been attractive to her. He was foreign, and new in a way that Ororo was attractive. Ororo was prettier than Scott though, but he wasn’t about to point that out.

She had a pretty smile, her eyes scrunched up and her teeth showed. It lit up her entire face. Logan wondered why he hadn’t really spoken to her before. It was surprisingly easy. The game ended without his knowledge, and he watched Ororo stand up.

“Runnin’ away?”

She glanced at him, pausing on her way out of the room to stand next to the couch he sat on. “No. Only going to bed. It is my turn to make breakfast tomorrow. Have a goodnight Logan.”


Chapter End Notes:
So this will probably end up to be a series. I suggest you read Hair Cut, because I'm having this take place after Hair Cut. Please read and review!



You must login () to review.