I had that dream again. Even if I couldn’t remember the dream my body does. That all too common stickiness has made it’s way onto my sheets again.

Why do we have to play silly games?

***

3 Days Ago

“It was Jean’s silly idea to play a childish game. At some point, should you not be too old for truth or dare?” Ororo said while fidgeting around the kitchen for snacks.

“Aw, c’mon, darlin’. It’s not that bad.”

Of course it wasn’t so bad from his perspective. Ororo was shoulder deep into the refrigerator leaving him a good view of her lean legs and firm posterior.

“Nope not bad at all”

“Did you say something, Logan?”

“Nope sure didn’t,” he said tipping his head forward. She didn’t get to see how the shadow from his Bark colored Stetson never reached his devilish canine grin.

She began to struggle with the bottom drawer of the fridge. “Damn drawer, always get stuck.”

“Let me help ya. Game must really got ya riled if ya swearin’.” He bent over to assist brushing arms. She stood immediately.

“Here I will move out of the way.”

“You’re never in the way, Darlin’, but here hold my hat for me”

There he was Wolverine, Logan… James, bent over and leaving her a full view of his denim clad ass and bare feet.

“Mm, delicious”

“What was that, darlin’?”

Damn, did I say that aloud? “Nothing.”

“There ya go, op-”

He turned around stopping mid sentence mesmerized by what he saw.

She was standing there in his Stetson, hair falling like a curtain behind her shoulders. Her breast strained against the white tank top with black-ironed letters that read “Boy Beater”. It was untucked and resting above the band of her denim cutoff shorts. The rest were long lean legs leading to bare feet.

“Earth to James”

James She was the only one that called him James. It helped to acclimate himself with his identity, his former life. She melded things for him. With her, Wolverine, Logan and James were one. She absently made him complete.

He looked her in the eyes. The space between them decreasing with each step forward. The hand she reached out in a friendly gesture, he grasped by the wrist. Pulling her to him he nuzzled her neck. No fear, he thought.

“Lo-gan,” her breath, caught in her chest while pronouncing his name. Her breath, caught in her chest while his mouth crushed hers. He released the wrist he held and threaded his fingers between hers. Her other hand reached into his hair, his tightened on her waist.

“Hey what’s taking you two so long!”

They jumped apart, instantly missing the warmth of the other. Logan was at a lost for words.

“Sorry, Scott. Drawer was stuck again.”

“Well then, hurry up you two. Jean is beginning to act like a hyper teen again.”

“We’ll be right there.”

Alone again. “Lo-“

“-‘Ro. Uhh… Tell Scooter and Red I had to do something. Needed some air.”

“Okay,” she managed. “Umm, Here’s your hat.”

“Hold onto it.”

***

Back in her Room

Ororo laid her back against the now cool sheet looking up to the post over her head. There it was, his Catera by Stetson. She fingered the rim. Her brown skin blending with the bark color.

These games have to end, James.





You must login () to review.