All children must leave home

The man dressed in Red, White and Blue has been a war hero fighting on the shores of Normandy to fighting the good fight in the present. His name is Steve Rogers, though the world knows him better as CAPTIAN AMERICA. He is an Icon, a legend, a Leader. He has lead the Invaders and the Avengers through out the years and now he leads the current incarnation of the Avengers made up of Ironman, Cage, Spiderman, Spiderwoman, Ronin, Sentry and Wolverine. His demeanor unchanged as he stands in the X-men’s War Room facing the man who as a boy idealized him, a man who is like him in many ways. The man’s name is Scott Summers the one-eyed CYCLOPS. Next to him to his right sits the WHITE QUEEN, Emma Frost. In the middle of this stare down sits the man-beast samurai James Logan Howlett the WOLVERINE. The door slides open to reveal a man who has been an Avenger, a Defender, a Champion of Los Angeles, and currently an X-man Hank McCoy the BEAST.

“Steve its been awhile, how are you?” McCoy asks sincerely, and then he senses the tension in the air. “Is there something I should not be interrupting here this minute?”

“Not at all Henry its good to see you though I have to admit I miss your blue ape like form before.” Captain America approaches his old friend with a firm handshake. “We are just discussing Wolverine’s decision with Cyclops.”

“What decision is that?” McCoy interjects, his curiosity plagued by the onset.

Cyclops stares down Wolverine then turns to Henry and through gritted teeth he replies “Wolverine is leaving the X-Men on a permanent basis.”

“Uh so you will be staying with the Avengers I take it.” McCoy’s voice revealing he was not surprised and offered congratulations to his fellow feral.

“Ya don’t sound tak’n back blue.” Wolverine responds as he lite up a cigar.

“Well not even Quicksilver could keep up with the schedule you have been keeping lately my friend. You are, were a member of both Alex’s and Kurt’s team as well as an Avenger; the big guns I might add, as well as sorting out your past with those revealed memories and all. It’s bound to tire even your healing factor out.” McCoy answers logically.

“That’s not all Henry.” Interrupts Emma.

“Yes, we have decided to ask another to join our ranks.” Captain America answers freely. “Ororo Monroe.”

“My stars and Garters.” Hank responds. “Is Jessica tired of being the only female on the team?”

“I understand she’s in Africa right now though.” Captain America says. “I have sent Iron Man and Spiderwoman to ask her personally.”

“Tony and Jessica, the two most persuasive people I have ever met. Intriguing.” McCoy replies.

“I think it’s a load of crap!” Cyclops snaps. “First Wolverine comes in here says he is leaving the X-Men because he does not have the time anymore for us.”

“Correction Scott, Ah said tha Drama anymore.” Wolverine interrupted.

“Then Captain America asks if he could offer Storm a seat at the Avengers table.” Scott continues. “By taking Storm you are effectively taking away one of our field commanders and with Wolverine quitting that leaves us short handed.”

“Actually Scott we have all three rosters full on top of the teaching staff at the school. They aren’t really leaving us short handed.” McCoy states.

“Hank.” Scott looks at his blue felined friend with a look easily read by all….-your not helping-





You must login () to review.