Friday: Noon

After dismissing the children early, Ororo Munroe, resident weather goddess and co-leader of the Xmen, strode up the stairs to her attic loft with purpose. She made it a point to go check on Logan and have him get checked out by Hank as soon as she got a break from her classes. She made sure that break came sooner rather than later. After what happened yesterday, she insisted to Logan that she could have someone cover her classes so that she could stay with him but he refused saying that he would be out cold half the time anyway giving himself time to fully heal.

“Gettin’ blown half way ta Hell will do that to ya darlin’, ‘sides it’d be like watchin’ paint dry” she shook her head as she remembered his lame attempt at making light of the situation this morning.

When she finally reached the door, she opened it as quietly as possible so as not to disturb him. After shutting the door and walking to the bed, she took a moment to just watch him sleep. The curtains were drawn almost completely shut save for a stray beam of sunshine that reflected off of him giving him an almost ethereal glow. Lying on his back with one hand resting on his stomach and his other arm splayed out on her side of the bed he seemed so calm and relaxed, the lines on his face virtually gone giving him an almost young and innocent look. During her silent contemplation of her feral beloved her mind wandered back to the events of the day before that had temporarily, as Logan had put it, sidelined him.

Yesterday..

The Friends of Humanity were out in full force inciting riots against mutants. Ororo and Logan were attempting to quell the efforts of a particularly rowdy bunch when things went terribly wrong. While she summoned a strong wind to keep too many of them from ganging up on her, Logan sensed that something was way off and that’s when he heard it. Despite all of the commotion, he could hear it. It was somewhat faint but it was there, a ticking sound.

*Oh fuck, a bomb!* his mind screamed

He figured there was no way to really warn Ororo, her hands full at the moment, even if he roared at the top if his mutated lungs. That left only one thing left to do. With his mind made up, Logan took off at a speed that would’ve made Quicksilver jealous, hoping to any god that was listening that he would reach her in time.

Meanwhile, as Ororo was battling the FOH she noticed something coming at her fast in her peripheral vision. Before she could register what Logan was trying to do, she felt him push her with a force that rivaled a Mack truck and then….KA-BOOM!!

“LOGAN!!!” she screamed in horrified shock, the sound of her own scream almost as powerful as the explosion itself.

Present:

The memory was still so achingly fresh she could almost smell the acrid scent of smoke, blood, and charred flesh. Ororo shook her head in an attempt to banish the image of Logan taking a rather unhealthy brunt of the explosion and the vision of his mortally wounded body tossed aside like an old rag doll.

As she gazed back down at him she felt a barrage of overwhelming feelings wash over her. Relief that he was going to be okay, an almost sick sense of awe as to what his body could take, and love, love for him, her other half.

“Enjoyin’ the view darlin’?” Logan muttered sleepily, pulling Ororo out of her reverie.

Ororo felt herself smirk. “And if I told you I was?” she shot back cheekily. “Then I say why not take a closer look,” he retorted as his hand shot out to pull her on top of him. She easily melted into him as he wrapped his thick, muscled arms around her hugging her to him. They remained that way for a good while with her head under his chin just listening to the soothing rhythm of his heartbeat and enjoying the feel of his hands running lazily up and down her back.

After placing a soft kiss on his chest, she finally lifted her head up to look into his eyes. “Somethin’ on yer mind?” Logan asked, softly brushing his fingers against her cheek tucking a stray shock of white hair behind her ear. For a second she still remained silent.

“Still thinkin’ about yesterday” he said as more of a statement of fact than a question.

“I know it seems sort of moot Logan, but healing factor or not it doesn’t make seeing you get hurt any easier” she stated. The flash of pain in her eyes not going unnoticed by Logan. “I know that darlin’ but there was no way in Hell I was gonna let those kamikaze FOH fuckers hurt you” he ground out angrily, the last bit coming out more forcefully than he intended. “I swear ta God ‘Ro, if anything woulda happened to ya…” he trailed off closing his eyes and pressing his forehead to hers not wanting to verbalize the rest of his thoughts as if saying them aloud would make them a reality. “Sonuvabitch…” he rasped as a horrifying image of what could’ve happened to her creeped its way into his mind.

“Sshh,” Ororo whispered silencing him with a soft brush of her lips against his. After everything that had happened the very last thing she wanted right now was for him to get upset. Logan snaked a hand into her hair to deepen the kiss. It was a slow, deep exploration in which they both took the opportunity to revel in the realness of each other.

“Ain’t we a pretty pair o’ saps?” he breathed trying to catch his breath after their kiss. “I’ll try not to let word get around love, might ruin your image” Ororo added attempting to hide her mirth. “Damn straight,” he growled flipping her onto her back and moving his fingers down her sides making her shiver. Before he could go any further she stilled his hands causing him to look up from his hands into her clear blue eyes.

“While I do hate to interrupt what we have going here, Hank insists on seeing you” Ororo declared matter-of-factly trying to ignore the heated look in Logan’s dark eyes. “Well ya can tell him he’s not my type” he said lowering his head to nuzzle her neck causing her hands to move of their own volition threading them into his hair. She bit back the moan that threatened to erupt from her lips. “Logan….” she warned. “Darlin’ you know I don’t need med…”

“Medical attention,” she finished before he could, “so I have heard and witnessed on a number of occasions, but just humor me will you? I promise to make it worth your while….” she added slyly running a slender hand through his fuzzy cheek causing him to lean into her touch eliciting a deep rumble from him. “Hmmm, do tell” he said, eyebrow raised, clearly interested. Rather than just telling him straight out, Ororo lowered his head so that she could whisper into his ear just exactly what she planned to do. Nipping his ear for effect, pulling back she couldn’t help but giggle at his wide-eyed expression. He swore that if she had repeated it any louder he would’ve exploded right then and there.

“Damn where the hell are my jeans?” Logan’s newfound determination to go to the med lab earning a full on laugh from his goddess. Taking a moment to just watch her, Logan thought that if anyone were to ask him what his favorite sound in the world was it would be Ororo’s laugh. *Wait, make that second favorite* he mentally smirked thinking about the sounds she’d be making later. Trying not to let the fact that he could’ve lost her yesterday make his mood turn to the darker side of things, he reminded himself that all he had to do was focus on her and that she was here, with him.

FIN





You must login () to review.