He Cried, I Cry
By: Jasmine Shigeru
Post X3 Storm’s POV
He cried. I know he did. He cried for her. The one he lost but never truly had. He cried alone and I feel it. He cried inside and hid his pain from the world. He tried to hide his pain form me, but I saw it. I could see it deep in his eyes. I could feel it in my heart. It tore me apart, his pain. It had been a year and his pain was still in his heart and he still cried for her.

I did not want him to be alone, but he was. He did not want someone there for him.

He told me the other day he wanted me. Not as a replacement, but truly wanted me. He did not directly say he loved me, but like his pain I knew it was there.
He told me he could not have me; he was not worthy of a goddess. He said I was too pure for his bloody hands.

I told him that I am not a goddess, I am a mortal woman. I told him I too have blood on my hands. A man who tried rape me when I was 11 in Africa, Toad, Callisto, and only I know the others, I had ended their lives. I told him my body is not pure, that I have been with a man before.

He countered me; he told me he did not want me to end up like her.

I argued it was my choice to make.

He said damn me and my fucking choices.

I told him too bad and I kissed him. He kissed me back.

We made love that night. The next morning, I awoke to find him gone. No sign of him remained in the Mansion except a letter of resignation. No clothes, no beer, no cigars, no bike. He was gone.

Now I cry and it rains. It rains because I cry.

I cry for the man I had and lost. I cry because I am in pain. I cry because I miss him. I cry because I love him.
END





You must login () to review.