An early valentines story I guess.


--------------










Oh my love, its you and that I dream of
Oh my love, since that day
Somewhere in my heart I’m always
Dancing with you in the summer rain

Doesn’t matter what I do now
Doesn’t matter what I say
Somewhere in my heart I’m always
Dancing with you in the summer rain




He stood outside her bedroom door hesitantly, he hated this, saying goodbye when he’d only just muttered hello. He knocked gently and awaited her voice to softly carry him in, she never spoke. He opened the door and stuck his head through gap, his eyes searching the softly lit room for her. He found her sitting on the window sill seat, her arms around her legs much like a fragile child.

“Hey darlin’” He said, “Just came to tell ya that I’m off.” he watched as her head spun round her eyes catching onto his.

“But you’ve only just come back.” her eyes searched his for some fault but she found none, “We need you here Logan, I-” her words caught in her throat.

“You what ’Ro?” he asked as he walked closer to her.

“Nothing Logan. Just go. It’s not like your family will miss you,” Ororo said sarcastically, “we’re used to it.”

Logan sighed, “I don’t want to go Ororo, ya know that.”

Ororo took a deep breath “Then don’t Logan, don’t leave again for another one of your wild goose chases. Please Logan.”

“Give me one reason why I should stay here and I‘ll stay?…see there isn’t one. I’m not like you Ororo I can’t stay in once place for too long.”

“Then why do you keep coming back?” she whispered watching Logan shift under her gaze, “and besides what’s the point in trying to make you stay, you’ll only go again later wanting another reason, and time will repeat itself again as it is doing now,” she paused for what felt like an eternity, but Logan knew she hadn’t finished, “ you’re a lost cause Logan , you’re not worth it, not anymore. I wont make you stay.”

Logan nodded and turned leaving the same way he came in, he didn’t say anything to her not even another goodbye.

Closing the door behind he made his way down the corridor, “Me Logan,” he turned seeing Ororo
standing outside her room, “Stay because of me, and if not me stay for the children.” Logan smiled and made his way up to her.

“And if you still decide to leave at least dance with me.”

“Don’t ya say that every time I leave?”

“Uh-huh, And every time it leaves my lips I mean it more, now dance with me.”

Even though no music played he took her hand and led her onto the balcony, he held her in his arms and slowly they swayed in a quiet dance. The rain fell but neither of them noticed, as the winds carried them closer to the heavens. Ororo rested her head on his shoulders as his hands travelled down to the small of her back.

“I’ll miss you Logan.” Ororo said in a whisper.

“I know” Logan answered kissing her softly in a kiss they shared as friends.

The winds died quietly lowering the couple back down onto the balcony. Ororo’s head still remained on Logan’s shoulder, as he realised she was asleep. He took her in his arms and took her to bed, kissing her forehead as he brought the duvet to her chin, the patter of the rain faded as he left the room for the final time that night.

Nobody knew what really went on when the rain fell on Logan’s departure but another heartbreaking goodbye, but to Logan and Ororo it as a special moment of a strange yet quiet passion they shared as friends, but every night in which Logan left the couple always found themselves dancing in the rain.



Every time I see the lightening
Every time I hear the thunder
Every time I close the window
When this happens in the summer
Oh the night is so inviting
I can feel that you are so close
I can feel you when the wind blows
Blows right through my heart

Every night and every day now
Though I know you’ve gone away
Somewhere in my heart I’m always
Dancing with you in the summer rain.




FIN.









Song: Belinda Carlisle's 'summer rain'-not the full song though.





You must login () to review.