Title: I Know She Cried

Author: Jasmine Shigeru
Pairing: Ororo/Logan

Disclaimer: I do not own the X-Men nor do I wish I do. This is just for my entertainment and whomever wishes to read it. I am not making any profit from this and do not care to for that matter.

Author’s Note: This goes with “He Cried, I Cry”

Rating: PG-13

Storm had only been asleep for 10 minutes when I left her in my bed and silently made my leave of the mansion. I made sure there would be no trace of my presence there. I cleaned up good. No cigars or beer, not even a stitch of clothing. Just a short resignation letter left on Storm’s office desk. That was it.
I know it wasn’t on of my best ideas, but Hell, I was never one to stay in on place. She knew that.
Now I’m here, on my bike, heading towards the place I once considered my home and I’m wonderin’ if leaving was the best thing. I caused so much pain to that school. I wasn’t able Rogue when she was taken, I wasn’t able to protect everyone from Stryker and his men, I wasn’t able to save Jean the first time, and I wasn’t able to save Jean the second time, not until it was too late.
Jean was a beautiful woman trapped in her mind. She was forced to kill Scott and the Professor by an destructive alter ego. I loved her and I killed her. I killed her cause she wanted me to and I killed her because I had no other choice.
I know Storm would have done the job, if she was given the choice. Ro could have sent a lightning bold directly in Jeanie’s way, but that was something I couldn’t let her do. I couldn’t allow her to end her best friend’s life.
Speaking of the Goddess and choices, I remember the argument we had before I left. I approached her and told her I wanted her, not in so many words, but she got the message. I told her I wanted her and I couldn’t be with her, that I was an animal, a killer. She nearly laughed at me then, saying she had also killed.
I said the only other thing I could think of. I told her I didn’t want to kill her like I killed Jeanie. She told me it was her choice and I through it back in her face. Then, she kissed me and sexed followed.
It had been a while since I had any and was relived to have it. It was during the sex that I realized I was loved with her. I guess I had been for months.
It was afterward I decided to leave. Love shouldn’t be the way it was with Storm and me. I shouldn’t be all annoyed glances and fights that lead to nights full of lust. It should be nicer, sweeter, something that lasts. What happened in my room isn’t the kind of thing that lasts, it’s the kind of thing that kills ya from the inside.
So, I left and I know she cried after. I was long gone from the area to feel her power, but I heard about it, at a rest stop. Unexpected showers in Westchester, New York. No one knowing why, no one except for me. She cried for me.
END





You must login () to review.