Adrienne reached out and touched the cold stone, the dark shadows playing across her facial features. Her fingers run down the gentle curvature dipping in where the vision comes out. They follow the curve down and over, cupping underneath the jaw line.

The black leather groans as she takes a step forward.

Her left hand rests against the deadly steel against her hips as her right fingers play with the end of a knife. Her sharp green eyes take in every feature of the stone as her long brown hair sways with the movement of her head.

“I don’t know RO. Unless we get it just right we’ll screw it all up.”

Ro standing off to the left chuckled. Cracking her knuckles she steps forward.

“What did you say this was gonna cost me?”

Adrienne across the room snorts and moves in ready to help protect Ororo at any cost.

“Only your ass kid, only your ass.”

Ororo grinned a natural smile to her lips.

“Ready smart alec?”

“Ready.”

Ororo lifted the stone as Adrienne immediately put up an air shield around them. They heard a click and then several large reptiles began to fall through the ceiling. Ororo swore.

“Snakes always snakes.”

Marie and Kitty came rushing into the room and both women hated snakes.

“Get out you two get out!”

Adrienne growled still holding the shield up.

“Does this look easy to you?”

Marie bit back a laugh and stomped on a snake that hissed at her.

“More are comin sugar, better do something.”

Adrienne sneered.

“You could help you know.”

“Ah hate snakes sugs yor on yor own.”

Ororo looked back at her younger sister who was desperately trying to hold a shield in place her eyes whited with concentration.

“RO walk forward we’ll keep the shield around us.”

“That’s not gonna work.”

“The on three I drop it and you throw the head to Marie. Then we run hoping my katana takes them out. Dammit women.”

Ororo laughed and as soon as Adrienne dropped the shield the head was flying across the room to Marie. Marie caught it and
watched as the two mighty warriors sprinted across the room their swords stopping the deadly fangs of many snakes. When they reached safe ground Adrienne bent over trying to catch her breath.

“This is the last time I let you convince me to do this Ororo, its bad, dangerous.”

“But normal in Cairo, come on live a little.”





You must login () to review.