“Marie, can you do me a favor and get Logan down here? There’s something I have to ask him about Monday’s field trip.” Ororo said as she made some tea and coffee for the others even though it was like 8 at night.

“Uhh… Yeah sure, just give me a second to…” Rogue replied to Storm’s request. She stood up from her place at the breakfast island and went off to find Logan.

When she had left, Ororo finished up brewing the coffee, but as she cleaned the coffee machine at the sink, she began to feel very dizzy. She quickly grabbed onto the counter for support. “My goddess! This must stop; I’m not ready to tell anyone yet.” Storm thought out loud. Just then she couldn’t hold on any longer, and collapsed.

Meanwhile

Marie found Logan at his usual place; in the danger room fighting for no particular reason. “Hey Logan!” She called out through the control room’s microphone.

Logan waved and turned just as a laser beam missed him. He finished off the last robot, and headed back to the control room where Rogue had been watching the whole display in admiration. “Hey kid, what do ya want?” Logan said gruffly.

“‘Ro needs to ask you somethin’ ‘bout Monday’s trip; she’s in the kitchen.” Rogue replied and waited for Logan to give her the ‘ok’ or an excuse as to why he wouldn’t be going up to see her.

“Jus give me five minutes to get all this sweat and blood off my clothes, I’ll be up soon.” Logan replied, as he walked to the showers.

Marie shrugged and headed up to the rec. room to meet up with Bobby and Jubilee, whom were waiting with her oh so patiently! “Where’ve you been? It was about time too! We were just about to leave… what took you so long anyway?” asked Jubilee from the couch when she saw Rogue enter the room.

“Storm needed meh to git Logan her. I jus need to git my purse and we’re outta her’.” Rogue replied as she walked into the kitchen, with Bobby and Jubilee following close behind.

When they entered, they were met with complete silence, surprised that their two teachers weren’t in there arguing about nonsense again. Rogue immediately grabbed her purse off the kitchen island and walked out of the room, while joking around with Bobby and Jubilee. None of them had noticed Ororo’s unconscious body on the floor.

Just like he had said, Logan entered the kitchen after five minutes, to be met with an empty room as well. ‘Where’s ‘Ro? She’s supposed to be here.’ He then walked over to the fridge to grab a beer, while he waited for her. Before grabbing the beer out, he looked to his right then left to check if anyone was coming, but when he turned left he saw something that startled him immensely. He saw Ororo’s limp form there, on the ground looking so helpless. But something that scared him even more was what if she was dead?

Logan let go of everything he had been holding and went to her side, avoiding the glass from the mug she had been holding when she fell. Instinct told him to first check it she had a pulse, and was greatly relieved when he had found one. Logan, afterward, tried to wake her. “Ro, Ro, baby, wake up. Wake up darlin’. ”

Shaking her gently, Logan got no response, not even a stir; his heart began to pound faster as if it was going to pop out of his chest. “Ro, sweetheart, please wake up!!” He pleaded this time worry and concern became evident in his voice and facial features.

Ororo finally began to shift slowly, and just as her eyes fluttered open, but shut close again and groaned in pain, and because of the intruding light. Squinting this time, she opened her eyes to see Logan knelt down beside her. She gave him a weak smile and asked, as she tried to get up “About how long was I out for?... this time,” muttering the last part to herself.

“I’m not sure, when I got in here about five minutes ago which was when I found ya. You okay? Maybe ya should have Jean check ya over to make sure you’re fine,” Logan answered back as he helped a weak and trembling Ororo up off floor.

“Don’t worry about me, Logan. I’m… I feel fine,” Ororo replied as he guided her to the table where the occasionally had breakfast.

“Ororo, you’re shaking, and look you’re bleeding from your arm. Clearly you’re not ‘fine’ just go see Jean or the Fur ball,” he argued, he was obviously worried about her health.

He stood up not letting her protest, and grabbed a first aid kit from one of the kitchen cabinets. Using a wash cloth he cleaned her cut, and then applied some Neosporin on it before wrapping it up with a bandage.

“Thank you Logan, for worrying about me too. I’ll be okay, but I do need a favor from you.” She said when he had finished and was now sitting beside her.

“Anything.”

“I need you to promise me that you won’t say anything to anyone about what happened tonight, Logan,” She now stood at the doorframe waiting for him to reply.

Logan took a few seconds to weigh his options, then answered “Fine ‘Ro, I promise I say anything about this to anyone.”

“Thank you so much Logan. I’m going to retreat to my room now, can you tell Kitty that I wasn’t feeling well and that tonight’s tutoring lesson was rescheduled for tomorrow?” She walked out without waiting for him to answer.

Logan just grunted in response and returned to the refrigerator to get the beer he’d been longing for.





You must login () to review.