Logan's feet pounded the stage as he closed his eyes and let his muscles pound out the beat he was looking for. He had just returned from a trip to Ireland abroad. He had discovered a lead from his past. A dancing lead none the less. At first he had decided he would not go but instead he found himself on a plane. His tap shoes felt more like his normal shoes that any others that he wore. It was very unlogan like and he realized this as he continued dancing.

He was in the danger room the holographic stage all around him. Rhythm took him back to Ireland after the second world war. He had learned and danced there for several years, a very old fan recognized him, she was in her early nineties. She had explained the show to him even showed him a few of the moves and then his body naturally remembered and ever since Logan had been obsessed with getting it just right. It was his balled to his a past, to his past lives, past characters. It felt so natural. She claimed to have seen it when she was a little girl. He was currently working through Lord of the Dance by Micheal Flatly. His danger room sessions were all the same lately. Door closed firmly and then locked so no one would know of his secret. Then the music of the show he was working on would come on and he would dance. Or he would make up his own dances depending on what he felt like.

The stolen kiss dance came up. He loved this dance. Instead of the beautiful blond and the sassy burnette it was Ororo and Jean. Jean being the sassy tapper who tried to catch his attention and Ororo the soft one who held it. He stood leaning against the rafters watching the lithe body or Ororo Munroe dance as the Irish did and his heart skipped a beat. He never missed his cue but his eyes were mesmerized as he watched. She was beautiful. She jumped and his pulse jumped, then she lifted a leg in the air and twirled and his heart began to beat out the rythm of her name. The music cued him to join her and he walked out on stage, a gentle pursuit of her, his tapping feet pursuing her and her quiet ballet like movement a soft touch for him. Jean came on stage and enticed him with her rhythm, he gently playfully pulled her hair and they continued their tapping until Ororo moved back onto the stage and ran her hand across Logan's chest. He captured her hand and thier cheeks met, Logan's body moved in perfect sway with hers and then twirling her around he dipped her and his lips met hers. ....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`~~~~
Ororo was concerned for Logan, he had been spending more and more time in the danger room. She knew the door would be locked to both the control room and also the normal door. Using her 'thief' skills she gently unlocked the door to the dark control room and walked up the stairs. Hiding within the control room Ororo gently took a seat and watched Logan from behind the privacy glass. To her utter and complete suprise Logan had a holographic form of her dipped in his arms and he was kissing her, his eyes closed, fully kissing her. Ororo's breath caught in her throat, what was he doing? As she watched and listened the music changed and he began to battle dance with another guy. Suprise and slight shock moved into Ororo's eyes. He was tap dancing, all this time in the danger room he had been tap dancing? Confusion filled her eyes. His voice called out.

"Computer rerun the last dance. I missed three counts."

The music started over and Ororo watched herself dancing, her eyes reverted to Logan only to find that he was completely enamored with the movement of her double. The music queued him in and Logan joined her on the floor. Their movement was smooth, natural like it had been done a thousand times and Ororo almost growled in frustration when Logan spoke out again just before he kissed her double.

"Computer rerun it expect put in Feet of flames version form Budapest."

The computer resynchronized and she watched as the scene played out before her. Instead of Jean just dancing with Logan the music added a country sound and Jean began seducing Logan. Then as it played out there was a moment when he had to choose., the soft music resumed and Ororo watched as he practically ran across the room to her dipped her and kissed her with all the passion he could muster. Her heart pallepetated within her. Had he really moved on from Jean? Logan finished the dance and grabbed a towel heading for the door of the danger room. Ororo realizing that he was probably coming for the control room very quickly exited her chair and locked and closed the door behind her. She was two steps away facing the danger room when Logan exited.

"Hey Ro."


"Hi, Logan good danger room workout?"

Logan nodded.

"You could say that. "

He smiled and started moving down the hallway towards his bedroom. Ororo nodded in approval as he walked away, no wonder his ass had been looking so good lately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For several days Ororo stayed away from the danger room and from what Logan was doing but she found herself fascinated by the movement of the dance. Laying in bed one night she heard him exit his room and soflty slipped out of her own and followed him. She waited until she heard the danger room door lock and once more picked the combination and lock on the control room and took her place in the chair. She watched as single light in the danger room illuminated Logan's muscular frame.

"computer play the Full Budapest version of the Feet of Flames."
The computer responded chirping out a warning.

"Warning this is extremely difficult."

Logan growled and unsheathed his claws briefly.

"just play it."

Ororo watched as the stage swirled around him and the characters fell into place. She saw herself and Jean walk out, Jean wearing a slight skanky outfit and she wearing a white version of it. The show started in the Court of the High Kings. All the players came out chanting and Ororo appreciated the beautiful sound of thier voices. She heard the trumpets play the notes of the call of the Lord of the dance and then the chanting increased. Ororo closed her eyes and listened to the sound. Then she began to hear it, the rhythm the sound of the feet tapping and pounding the stage. The stage doors rolled back and the sheets that represented a flame swayed on the stage. Her breath caught within her, her heart began to beat with the sound of the taps hitting the floor when Logan appeared. The crowd was going wild and Ororo watched as with a smile on his face his feet began to tap out a distinct and beautiful rhythm. Logan danced fora few minutes and then all of the dancers joined him out on stage all dancing with the joy and the passion that he did. As the dance ended Logan disappeared with a twist of his wrist and a bang of flame appeared to completely engulf him. Ororo had to restrain herself from cheering with the rest of the crowd. He was phenomenal. The dance continued and Ororo’s eyes followed his every move. He looked so good and at times sweat dripped off his face. She heard the beginning notes of the dance she had seen him first dance and tears filled her eyes as she watched him dance with her, watch her, he was adoring of her. When he dipped and kissed her double Ororo groaned. The dance moved on and she watched his muscular body ripple with the muscles he used. As she watched her mind began to work. Jean had been gone for a few years now and many of the xmen often wondered if Logan had moved on or if he had just pretended to move on. He was the playboy of the xmen tall strong suave, handsome, because of his healing factor he was most likely insatiable in bed. That was the reputation that proceeded him, but being his best friend Ororo knew differently. He was kind, thoughtful, a huge servant, often the hidden hands behind most successes. He was a very good at being the slight quiet giving hand behind everything. He was fiercely protective, and loving. The music snapped her out of her thinking as the closing notes of the final dance came to a close. Ororo waited tensely watching to see if he would move towards the door. He didn’t, he finished the dance and rerun a few dances, then after that he grumbles about its imperfections and asked the computer to run a fight simulation. Ororo slipped out of the control room her thoughts running a million miles an hour.

Late that night Ororo slipped out of her room and headed to the Danger room. She once more slipped into the control room unnoticed and watched as Logan danced. She didn’t think she would ever get tired of watching him. His body would be rippling with sweat, he would kiss her with all the passion she never saw underneath his guarded gray eyes. She loved watching him.





You must login () to review.