Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first time ever writing outside of my usual fandom. I hope that the drabble turned out okay.
“Aren’t you going to enjoy the beautiful weather Logan?”

Logan looked up from his seat at the bottom of the stairs that led to courtyard, where he sat with a thick cigar between his fingers, silently observing the children’s activities.

Smiling, his eyes roamed the feminine but strong willed creature before him, with arms crossed over her chest and her left brow arched in question.

At the moment, he was enjoying its wielder far more than she would ever know.

“Not much I feel I can enjoy without takin’ my bike off mansion grounds.” Catching the sudden tension in her shoulders, he raised his hand and waved off her instinctual thought. “Don’t worry darlin’ I ain’t runnin’ off on ya.”

Smiling, he bit the cigar that he’d brought between his lips and watched as her face revealed a flash of relief before quickly reverting back to its nonchalant cover.

It was a routine, not admitting how much they cared or needed the existing presence of the other. Though they had grown extremely close over the months of recovery it had taken to be at peace with the unfortunate events of the past, they never spoke of what they had come to mean to each other. Instead they chose to spar verbally and tease one another relentlessly, in the hopes that their inner thoughts and feelings might get jumbled through transmission.

“Well please do something Logan, watching you sit around the courtyard like some 300 pound gargoyle is disconcerting to the children.”

Growling, he narrowed his eyes at her playful jab. Taking a puff his of cigar, his eyes followed her as she turned her back on him and monitored the children. Lips slowly curling into a wide grin, he dropped the cigar and stepped over it as he stood. Creeping up behind her, he leaned in close while he whispered.

“You know I might be willin’ to head off to the pool if you’d put on that little bikini I saw ya wearin’ the other day. I need a good show if I’m givin’ one. Fair trade.”

Scoffing loudly, Ororo shook her head, “I fail to see how that particular situation might be considered fair trade for me.”

Grumbling, Logan plopped back down onto the stone step.

“No you don’t,” Ororo spoke to herself, glancing over her shoulder to watch Logan settle back into sentry position. Letting her eyes swirl to pure white, she summoned a strong gust of wind and shifted it in Logan’s direction.

“Storm!”

She grinned as he griped, bellowing down at her as he floated above the ground.

Jerking wildly, Logan’s heart pounded with apprehension and a hint of unspoken excitement. His building heart rate was momentarily subsided as he watched the winds lift her to him. But his calm demeanor only lasted as long as the seconds it had taken for her to reach the spot in front of him.

“What the hell are ya doin‘?!”

“Giving you something to do. Honestly Logan, were you really going to sit around all day?”

Huffing indignantly, he narrowed focus on her. “Flyin’ high may be your idea of a good time darlin’ but it ain’t mine. ‘Sides, ya said so yourself, I‘m a 300 hundred pound gargoyle, ain‘t no way ya can hold me up forever.”

Sending him a sharp glare, she moved her body up against his, rubbing lightly as she dropped his hands to her hips. Biting back a groan, he looked on with a mixture of fear and intrigue as she lifted her arms and wrapped them around his neck. Staring directly into his eyes, her lips formed a small pout.

“Are you doubting my abilities?”

“Now look,” he held onto her tighter as their bodies began to sway unsteadily. “I ain’t saying ya can’t do it, I’m just sayin’…”

He stopped talking as she hugged him close, letting her cheek slip beside his.

“Do you trust me Logan?”

Shivering at her closeness, he dropped his guard at her inquiry.

“With my life.”

All hesitation drifted from him at his admission.

Smiling Ororo pulled as close as humanly possible and squeezed his body.

“Don’t let go.”

With her final command, they soared through the air, whirling and whipping around the sky. Loosening the tension in his body, Logan began to chuckle. He felt exhilarated, alive and it was all thanks to the beauty clasped in his arms.

Enjoying the ride, his mind rewound to her last statement; leaning back he caught a glimpse of her smiling face and it was then he knew that he wouldn’t let her go.

A woman that could make you fly was worth holding onto.





You must login () to review.