"Yo, Wolverine," Detective Robert "Bobby" Drake called. "You're new partner's here."

Logan- Wolverine- scowled. He didn't want a new partner, but after the deaths of Grey and Summer's, they had to call in some replacements. Logan looked up to see a beautiful young woman with white hair walk into the office with another beautiful young woman, still in her teens, with dirty-blond hair. "Storm," the teenager complained. "Remind me why I have to be here?"

"Because you'll be meeting our new partner," the white-haired one the teenager called "Storm" replied.

"He had better be cute," the teenager said, picking up a magazine to read while they waited. She didn't look too interested about it, but just dealt with what she got. Storm gave her a warning look. The teenager looked up. "What?" she asked innocently. Storm shook her head and sat down next to her.

Logan realized he was getting two partners; both of whom were women, and one was still a teenager.

Better get up and meet them, Logan thought. He really didn't want to get on the teenager's bad side and listen to her gripe and complain. He hadn't even gotten within five feet of them when the teenager looked up, and Storm, who was on her feet again, turned around to see him coming. "Detective Logan?" Storm asked, walking towards him.

"That's me," Logan said.

"Hi, I'm Detective Ororo Munroe, this is Detective Hawk," she said indicating the teenager.

"'S up," Hawk said.

Logan was shocked to hear that. "Detective huh? Is she like your daughter or somethin'?"

"More like student," Storm replied as Hawk got up, walking towards them, and stopping about a foot or so behind Storm.

"I'm an orphan," Hawk explained. "Storm just watches over me."

"And makes sure you keep out of trouble."

"Yes, and that too," Hawk said, mock-exasperatedly.

"And she's a detective?" Logan asked.

"Part-time investigator," Hawk corrected, smiling slyly.

"In other words, she like a sleuth," Storm clarified.

"Nancy Drew, huh?" Inwardly, Logan thought, Great.

Hawk seemed to read his thoughts somehow and scowled. "Don't mock Nancy Drew. She's awesome."

DXM

Ashley-Hawk, or sometimes, the Crystal Hawk- wasn't liking this Logan fellow one bit. Storm might be able to stand him, but if she had to deal with one of his questioning comments again, she was going to roast him.

As she and Storm walked back to the apartment, she let Storm know how she felt. "Why do we have to be partnered with him?" She asked.

"Because we just are," Storm replied.

"Well I don't like it. He questions everything I do- and did you see the way how he reacted when I picked up that revolver in ballistics? It's like he thinks I don't know anything. I think I've seen enough crime dramas and've read enough books to know what to do."

Storm smiled amusingly. "You'll warm up to each other. He's just not used to having teenagers with him."

"Uh, Detectives Drake, Pryde, Rasputin and Rogue don't look that much older than me."

Storm just sighed, still smiling, as she put an arm around her. Hawk could be a handful sometimes; other times you were just trying to get her to do something. Hawk was still like a younger sister to Storm, though, and they usually had the best of times solving crimes.





You must login () to review.