Disclaimer:All these wonderful characters are owned by Marvel, I just like playing with them and putting them in errrr interesting situations *grin*. So no one sue!

They had welcomed him back with open arms, everyone greeting him warmly then dragging him up to the conference room. There was no welcome back party, no sitting by the fire reliving his tale of going to Canada. Besides it had only been a trip to get away. Everyone knew he would take these trips, he was a free man, never liked staying in one place too long.

But there was something brewing. That's why he came back, he could feel it in his gut, something was coming. Something BIG, but somehow only he could feel it. But he didn't know what it was. He was at the meeting, just as if he had never left for a year or more. Everything was back to normal and something BIG was going to happen, and soon. But they didn't know what it was, he was right there listening to what they were saying, and no one spoke of what was happening. They didn't know, but he did.

Now he was at the meeting, listening to basic procedure, things he had heard or maybe some things that he had not yet heard. He wouldn't know, nothing was registering, he didn't understand what they were talking about. It didn't help that he wasn't paying the least bit of attention to old one eye.

Eyes skimming the people sitting around him, he searched for some sign of change, but nothing seemed different, much to his great relief. His gaze caught the eye of Jean and she smiled warily, he didn't smile back. She wasn't as beautiful as he remembered, she was just . . . plain. That stung, and he didn't really know if she had changed or if she had only changed in his eyes. The latter, deep inside he knew that. Canada had given him time to think, and he was sick and just tired of having a constant weight on his heart.

Somewhere during his travels through the many secluded and lush green woods of the wild country, his love for her had been left behind. Dead and buried. And he liked it that way. Big shocker, who would have known.

Slim looked pale, weak, his mouth in a thin line as he talked. His brow was wrinkled, his hand shaking slightly, voice cracking every so often. Being leader had taken its toll and even Jean's warm hand covering his didn't seem to bring any comfort to him. Actually it seemed to try his patience further and Logan watched with amazement as Scott pulled his hand away, almost in disgust. He saw the flicker of pain in Jeannies eyes, but it faded quickly, her gaze downcast now, putting much unneeded concentration on her hands.

Remy seemed broken as well, but only slightly. Only the people closest to him would be able to tell, and maybe someone with Logan's ability to sense lies in the air. His trademark grin was plastered on his lips, but it didn't reach his eyes. Logan noticed that not once during the meeting had Gambit sneaked a peek at Rogue, who was sitting across the way. She didn't smile, a frown permanently tattooed to her cherry lips. Their body language implied something had happened, there was no warmth between them, there was tension.

Logan watched Remy's hand, clasped tightly to another womans. His long, skilled fingers intertwined with slim mocha colored ones. His gaze lifted, a supporting smile brushed over Ororo's lips, her hold tightening on Remy's hand. He leaned over and whispered something to her, his fingers brushing her hair ever so gently away from her ear. She pelted him across the head playfully, letting out a complaint in a restrained tone, trying not to let out the stream of laughter. Same old Ororo always worried that something would be inappropriate.

They hadn't made eye contact at all at this shindig, he mused. Suddenly fascinated by her, he stared as she picked up a pen that had been resting on her notepad. Deliberately, seductively, she drew the cap end of the pen across her full bottom lip: back and forth. Scott paused and Logan's gaze flashed in his direction. Cyke was watching the pen move across Ororo's lips. Ororo just smiled and nodded at him, and he grinned lightly. Jean's eyes glowed with jealousy, and Ororo frowned at her friend, the hurt evident in her eyes. Jean bowed her head from shame, Ororo continued frowning.

Sighing deeply Ororo sat up, her arms folded in front of her on the table. Shoulders close together, she leaned forward to get a better view of the diagram that was now being shown. His gaze traveled downwards, trying to withhold the groan that was in the back of his throat. The V-neck tang top Storm was wearing dipped down revealing to his wandering eyes, the curvatures of her breasts, and the canyon between them. Thanks for the nice view Ro. Jean's back stiffened and she narrowed her eyes at him: he closed the walls of his mind.

She could feel his sweltering gaze grazing her skin, and her eyes met his. Arching an eyebrow at him, she cast her eyes downward, one side of her lip quirking up: amused. He almost growled in disapproval when she leaned back, catching himself at the last possible second. And now everyone else disappeared from his mind, there was only her. There was a mischievous glimmer in her eyes, and she held their eye contact, not flinching. Trying to be brave. He grinned. And then he felt it, and his eyes widened. Acting as if it was nothing, she slowly ran her foot up his leg, her big toe brushing the muscle of his calf. One of her feet rested comfortably on his right thigh, and the other nudged gently between his thighs, gently against . . .*snikt*

Everyone's eyes darted to him. Ororo could see the blush rising to his cheeks. Shrugging her shoulders innocently, she just watched on. "Sorry umm was thinkin' about somethin'."

"Why Wolfie, I've never seen you blush before. You're as red as Jean's hair." Logan grumbled something under his breath, his eyes focused continuously on Ororo's smiling face. I'll wipe that smile off soon enough.

After the meeting, everyone dispersed and went their separate ways. Logan stood in the doorway and watched the developing situation between Ororo and Remy. He whispered something slowly into her ear and Logan could barely make out a flash of sadness in those piercing blue eyes. Some reassuring words rolled off her tongue, her breath ruffling the hair that draped over his ears. The back of her hand ran delicately over Remy's jawline and Logan couldn't help but straighten his back in what . . . jealousy?

The transgression seemed comforting, friendly. There was no sexual tension underlining the contact their bodies had. But those signals could be easily hidden. Both of them were after all, trained in lying. He wasn't so sure about his instincts anymore, they were dulling, and if anyone could fool them, it was her. He knew, he knew who she was, how cunning and stealthy she could be if she desired it so. So again he decided to be upfront, blunt. Surely she wouldn't expect anything less. But he had to catch her when she was alone. He WANTED to catch her when she was alone. The meaning behind that was not unnoticed by him, for now it was just ignored. Don't do it again you damn fool. Don't let it happen again.

"That's quite an interruption you caused today darlin'." Her body turned toward him and she looked him up and down as if sizing him up. Well we're just asking for it today aren't we. It was so amusing to him, the way she was acting, as if he couldn't frighten her.

Arching an eyebrow at him, she crossed her arms over her chest in mock defensiveness, all the while her eye contact steady. "If memory serves Logan," she cooed his name, causing him to hold his breath slightly, "you are the one that caused that, how you put it, 'interruption' during the meeting. I was merely sitting there directing all my attention to the matter at hand." A mischievous glimmer in her eyes, grin firmly plastered on her full lips. If that's the way she wants to play it.

"So how long have you and Gumbo been goin' at it?" Rolling her eyes, she shook her head slightly.

"Honestly Logan could you be more uncouth?" Looking up she found him mouthing her words. Narrowing her eyes she glared.

"You are so predictable Ro." Now her defensiveness was genuine, shoulders squared arms tight against her chest.

"And what makes you think that me and Remy are 'going at it'," she scrunched her nose, "as you so vulgarly stated." He snorted but didn't answer, the expression on his face obvious: she should know.

"You smell like him," he offered.

It was so quick, she moved like lightning, with the gracefulness of a tigress on a prowl. Her arms encircled his body, nails digging into his shoulders, breath mingling with his. "You smell him on me Logan. But can you smell HIM. You know what it smells like. Can you smell sweat, can you smell the sex on my skin, salty, sleek." His lips parted but he could not speak.

There was no trace of the scent, the scent that pulled on the strings of his minds sanity. The scent that drove him to fulfill his deepest, darkest, sexual desires. There were things that he had done that were buried deep in the crevices of his mind, the place where even the old prof. could not get to. She understood the pull too, never underestimated the power of animalistic instincts, followed them herself sometimes. Logan was the only person she would ever admit that to.

And suddenly his own scent, the slightly intoxicating aroma emitting from him pricked his nose and he had to pull away. For the first time he noticed his harsh breath that had been warming the soft skin of her neck.

"Did I shock you?" Now she was teasing, he knew that she could see the answer clearly on his face, he didn't even try to hide it.

"You know damn well you did. But I like to be pleasantly surprised."

"But I'm so predictable remember?" Damn. She always had a way to use his own words against him.

"Well you have your moments," a smirk illuminated his face when she 'humphed' with indignation, "I like it that way. You keep me on my toes."

She bit her lip. "Well with me you have to be on your toes or you wouldn't be able to look eye to eye with me." A deep rumbling vibrated from his throat, only a playful warning growl, followed by a matching grin from him.

"I missed this Ro. Our teasing is definitely something I wouldn't be able to live without."

Walking up to her he patted her ass gently and she smacked his hand away. "Me too. God knows my ass missed the constant attention," she obviously rolled her eyes, earning a low chuckle.

"I always knew you had a masochistic side in you somewhere. next thing you know you'll be cracking out the whips." She let out an over-exaggerated groan.

"In your dreams mountain man."

"Every night Ro, every single night." He reveled at the sight of the goddess blushing.

"Good day Logan." Turning on her heel, she gently lifted herself up to her loft. I knew it, he grinned arrogantly, she wants me.





You must login () to review.