“Miss Monroe, wake up.” Jubilee said as she woke up Ororo who was fully covered, thankfully.

She opened her eyes to find, Jubilee, Rogue, and Kitty standing next to her bed. Rogue was her maid-of-honor, while Jubilee and Kitty were her bride’s maids. “What time is it?”

“Like it’s time for you to get up and get ready for the wedding.” Kitty said.

Ororo remembered the night before and remembered she was not dressed. “OK. Now go so I can get some clothed on.”

“OK.” Rogue said as the three girls left the room and closed the door behind them.

Ororo got out of bed and walked into the bathroom to take a shower. About 30 minutes later she came out of her room fully dressed and went down stairs to eat breakfast. When she entered the kitchen she saw a plate of steaming hot pancakes on the table with a single rose laid across the plate. Next to the plate was a small card. She smiled and sat down. She picked up the card and read it.
Hey,
Thought you’d be hungry
-Logan
She smiled again ~Logan you are such a sweetheart~ she thought. She began eating when Scott came in. “Hey Scott.”

“Hey.”

“Where’s Logan.”

“He helped us put up the tent for the wedding and then left saying that he didn’t want to risk seeing you before the wedding.”

“Oh.“ They were quiet for a few minutes before Ororo spoke up again. Scott how did you know that Jean was the one?”

“What do you mean?” Scott asked as he sat down next to Ororo.

“I am just starting to think that Logan is not the one for me.”

“You love him don’t you?”

“Yes but-” Ororo in the middle of her sentence.

“But what?”

“We got together because of Jean’s death. That’s the only he fell in love with me. I was always in love with him. If Jean had never died then this day would never have came.”

Ororo looked up at Scott who had a tear coming from below his glasses. “Look, Logan loves you and I know that he would do anything for you. He would not have asked to marry him if he didn’t think you were the one. Remember Jean before our wedding?”

Ororo nodded. “You and her had this same talk. And she was just nervous. That is what you are, nervous.”

“Thanks Scott.”

“No problem.” Scott got up along with Ororo. She gave him a hug and then she finished her breakfast.

Later that day, everyone of the teachers and some of the older students. were setting up for the wedding. They were putting all the chairs and flowers up in side the tent Ororo and Logan were to be married in. Then it was time for everyone to get ready. While Ororo was in the shower Logan returned. “Marie where’s `Ro?”

“She’s in the shower, we are about to get ready.”

“Well when you are about to come down give this.” Logan gave her a bag wrapped around a small box.

“What is it?”

“You’ll see.” Logan said as Marie started to walk away. “Oh and kid.”

She turned around. “Don’t peek.” She smiled and went upstairs to get ready.

“Later when Ororo came out of the shower. She put on her wedding dress and Rogue, Jubilee and Kitty met up in her room to finish getting ready. Ororo’s dress was white lace. It had no sleeves. The girls’ dresses were a light blue and they wore matching gloves that covered most of their arm. The girls had just finished doing her hair and Ororo was putting on her make-up when they heard a knock on the door. Kitty opened it to reveal Scott at the door. “Hey Ororo can I talk to you for a minute.”

“Sure,” Ororo got up and walked out the room while the other girls put on their make-up.

She walked out and closed her bedroom door. “You OK, you know from earlier”

“I am fine Scott.”

“I just wanted to let you know that, anytime you need help I’ll here for you.”

“Thank you again Scott.” she hugged him and then went back into her room.

I was now ten minutes before the wedding and Ororo was putting the finishing touches on. “Miss Monroe.”

Ororo turned around and saw Marie. “It’s Storm or even Ororo you are part of the team now.“

“Ororo, Ah want you to have these, they were my great-grandmothers.” Marie held out a pair of antic white lace gloves that were the same length as the other gloves.

“Marie I can’t.”

“Ah want you to have them. Doesn’t look like Ah’ll be using them anytime soon.”

“Thank you.” Ororo put them on.

“Logan wanted me to give you this,” she held out the bag that Logan had gave her earlier.

She opened it and saw the most beautiful necklace she had ever seen. The whole necklace was blue diamonds. The diamonds on the necklace matched the ones on her ring. “Goddess, this is too much.”

Rogue took it and put it around Ororo’s neck. “He really does love you.”

“Yes he does.”

“Okay are we ready?” Jubilee asked.

“We have something old (referring to the gloves), something new(the necklace), something borrowed( the earrings she borrowed from Jubilee, and something blue (the necklace, `Ro’s eyes and the engagement ring). So I guess we are ready.” Kitty said.

Out side the girls came down and everything was perfect, it was night time. The tent was white silk thin enough to see the stars. Inside were Storms favorite flowers and all of her friends and family were there. She stood outside until it was time for her to walk down the aisle.

The wedding march soon began.





You must login () to review.