Author: Rhapsody81
Rating: PG-13

Disclaimer: If I owned them, I wouldn’t be writing fan-fiction. But if they aren’t X-men or related characters, I do own them. So there!

Chapter 1: Oh Baby

Being naturally light on her feet, sneaking back into the mansion wasn’t a problem. As much as she wanted to see everyone, she wanted to unwind, lighten her load and keep her surprise as calm as possible, but in a mansion of many, that was not to happen.

“Bonjour Stormy.” The sound of his liquid Lou’siana drawl made her jump slightly. “Comment ca va? Gambit t’ink it be tres drole, non?” She tried to interject but failed. So she stood there and smiled until he was done with his inquisition. “Why try sneak int’ ya home chere? An’ why ya been gone so long? Gambit miss his Stormy”

“Are you done?” she laughed.

“Why you be laughin’, chere? Gambit, not t’ink dis be a laughin’ matter.” But her smile was infection and he moved into hug her but she stopped him.

“Just a moment, Remy. Allow me to put my things down first please. And do not think that I did not notice the use of that infernal name you still insist upon. As I remember, you still have a lightning bolt with your name on it.” Their exchanges felt like old times.

He watched her place the bundle in her arms upon the bed with absolute gentleness. She treated the bundle almost as if it were fragile. That got the wheels in Gambit’s head turning. Gathering Ororo in a hug, he swung her around like a brother to his long lost sister. In fact, that is what he considered her to be, his sister, whom he’d always love and protect. Still embraced he had to ask…

“’Roro?”

“Yes, Remy?”

“What be dat you put down jus’ now?”

“That would be my child, Remy”

“Oh. I was jus’ curious.”

She knew it had not completely registered with him, so she mentally counted, five, four, three, two…

“YO’ WHAT???”

“Quiet Gambit. She is asleep and getting a child to sleep is not an easy task.” Ororo was having trouble masking the humor in her voice.

“Stormy, you be pullin’ a joke on ole Remy right?” He walked over to the bundle on the bed and gently pulled back the blanket, cautious of an attack.

She wasn’t lying. The child identifiably Ororo’s by wisps of white curls and creamy hue. “You not be joking. When? How? Who? Why you not tell us, ‘Roro?”

“You did not call me ‘Stormy’. I must be in trouble, huh?” she said flashing that innocent grin.

“Chere, Gambit t’ink dats not funny.” He left without another word. Leaving his posture to convey his emotion.

“I think he is really hurt. We will have to apologize and make it up to him later. We all will make it up to him. I did not think he would take things so hard.” She spoke aloud.

“Yeah, Darlin’. I think we’ll have a lot of explainin’ t’ do. But why do I have t’ ‘make it up to him’?”

“Because love, he thinks of me as a sister and when he discovers who has been slipping through his sisters’ window late at night, he will not be happy in the least.”

“If you say so but, I think I better disappear now.” He kissed his wife and his first born daughter and left as silently as he came. “See you in a few days, love.”





You must login () to review.