“James, don’t do this” My fathers voice is a soft whisper. Yet holds such sadness that my resolve almost waver. Almost.
“How many lives have you taken? How many more are you willing to take?”
Blood is dripping slowly from my hands. Blood from family. Xavier’s the last.
“One more. Only one more if you will stand aside Hank” I hear my own voice, devoid of emotion, calm. My father, Hank McCoy. This blue, fearsome beast in some eyes, seems to lose whatever keeps him upright at my words. His shoulders sinks, and eyes closes for a moment. The silence breaks only by the soft buzz of the innumerable machines in fathers cluttered lab. I had spent many wonderful hours here, playing and trying to invent gizmos, never succeeding. Father encouraged me to try and was patient enough to let me "help" him on various projects. In later years, I had learned from him. I could never match his genius of course, but I knew my way around. I even got a masters degree in Bio technology.
“James, you are doing a mistake, can’t you see that?” He finally speaks. I know now that he will force me to go thru him. No matter. I could hardly condemn my soul further.
“James” A new voice. My mother, so beautiful stepps in, standing next to Hank. They would make this hard. She puts her slender arm around Hanks, and once again I almost waver.
“Please James, listen to us. We love you, doesn’t that mean anything to you?”
"If you love me, step aside, don't make me fight you."
"We can't, you know that James." I know that. After all, they had raised me.
"Then I have no choice"
"We all have a choice Jimmy" My mother steps forward, hands reaching out to me. The skin on my knuckles burn as I release the blades. She pauses, her hazel eyes touching the cold metal blades, six of them, three on each hand, that now protrudes from my knuckles.
"Oh James. What have you done?"
"What was necessary" I reply. Why can't they understand? Why do they force me to do this?
"Sinister's gifts always comes with an higher price than anticipated" My fathers soft voice betrays something more. Was it anger? Disappointment? I don't want to care. The price had been paid. The pain and agony was a small price to pay for the adamantium. Now I was on par with him.
"I have made my mind Hank. Please Cecilia stand aside" I let my eyes down to my mother, she looks as I've already delivered a blow to her.
"James, Hank may not have sired you, and I did not give birth to you, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't love you, as much as we would love our own flesh and blood. You called us your parents. You took Hanks name. Why do you disown us now?"
"I don't deserve you." Tears wells up in her beautiful eyes, she continues forward. I stay silent, unmoving as she embrace me.
"I'm sorry" I whisper in her ear, and she gasps, with a look of disbelief when she feels the blades cutt through her chest effortlessly.
"CECILIAAA" father roars, I've never heard him sound as beastlike as now. He leaps towards me, incredibly fast, fangs bared and pure primal rage in his golden eyes. I was expecting him. Mother sank to the floor. She dies quickly. Father don’t. Even with the blades deep buried in his chest he holds on, blood gushing from his lips as he tries to speak.
“J-james…I’m sorry we failed you. ” I want to cry, to scream that it wasn’t true. They didn’t fail. It was me. But the words won’t come. I lay his still breathing form beside mothers, and turn my back on them. The newest invention of Hank McCoy stood in eerie silence. It looks more like two pillars, taller than me, and broad enough for two men. He had been about to dismount it when I arrived. But as I had worked on it together with him, I know what parts are missing. I can still hear his ragged, painful breathing. Why can’t he let go? Why can’t he die? I work rapidly, until the machine with a soft buzz turns on it’s UV lights. It is awaiting my command. Without hesitation I type the data it needs. The opalescent blue light shines brightly and I step between the pillars, just as the doors to the lab burst open.
“James! What have you…” I can’t hear Belladonna’s last words as I’m engulfed in the light. The time machine is sending me back. Back to kill the bastard that had sired me.





You must login () to review.