A long road to travel by Stormcrow
Summary: The first part of the story takes place before Forge asks 'Ro to marry him....with two friends jogging
Categories: General Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: Violence, Adult language, Sexual Situations
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 12 Completed: Yes Word count: 22854 Read: 31709 Published: 07-18-05 Updated: 10-03-05

1. A morning jog by Stormcrow

2. words in the dark by Stormcrow

3. Faithless decisions by Stormcrow

4. Blood and sanity by Stormcrow

5. A letter by Stormcrow

6. Enter the Phalanx by Stormcrow

7. curves by Stormcrow

8. Love by Stormcrow

9. By Linage and refleX by Stormcrow

10. Lives Lived by Stormcrow

11. continiued circles by Stormcrow

12. Never the time by Stormcrow

A morning jog by Stormcrow
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of these characters but enjoy them.

A long time coming


“Where have all the good men gone?” The oriental woman with a British accent named Betsy Braddock better known as Psylocke asks under her breath no realizing she said it aloud.

“Isn’t that a song Betsy?” Ororo replies. The morning is crisp, with little humidity. The air is clean with fresh dew resting on the grass of Xavier’s School of gifted youngsters.

“Hmm?” Betsy replies in between stretches. She, Ororo, Jubilee and Logan would run in these early morning hours, almost as a ritual now.

“You said something about where have all the good men gone.” Ororo answered as she pulls her head to her knee. They had arrived earlier than normal and were now waiting for Logan and Jubilee.

“Oh just a thought I had was all.” Betsy answered her friend.

“Oh well there are good men still around you just have to look.” Counters Ororo. It was one of those rare quite times between missions and the school was out for summer.

“You mean like Forge.” Betsy said teasing in her voice. It was true that Ororo and Forge had been seeing each other for a long time now and their relationship was one of the more stable ones in the “X” family.

“He is alright.” Reacts Ororo, her smirk telling different.

“So do you think he will ask you?” Responds Betsy as she stands up and pulls her leg straight up to her chest like a ballerina, holding perfect balance.

“Ask her what?” asks a gruff, throaty voice from behind Betsy. Ororo’s heart skips a beat or two ever so lightly as she looks at the man called Logan. She breathes in a little more deeply as she stretches, holding it longer than really needed.

“You know Wolvie when Forge and her are going to do that big M word.” The young oriental girl with frazzled hair retorts as she yawns the last bit of it. She looked as though she had only just gotten up only moments before.

“Oh.” Logan grunts as he begins to stretch deeply. His muscles were stiff this morning, perhaps because he had been in the Danger room working out with a new program that Forge had made for him. “How long have you both been here?”

“About ten minutes old friend.” Ororo answers. She had just now finished her stretches, something Logan always insisted on. She grinned slightly, remembering a discussion he had with Jubilee only last week about the importance of stretching.

“Sorry Jubilee was sleeping.” Logan replies a grin forming across his face.

“Hey it wasn’t my fault my alarm didn’t go off.” Exclaims Jubilee somewhat defensive.

“So you forgot to set it again?” Replies Betsy with a smirk.

“Watch it china doll.” Replies a flustered Jubilee. Jubilee didn’t like Psylocke ever since she met her in Mandipoor for reasons only known to them.

“Jubilation.” Retorted Ororo in a stern voice. Jubilee hated that. It made her feel as though she was only five and her mother had corrected her. Course she did look to Ororo as her mother for lord only knew the reason.

“Tell ya what ‘Ro why don’t ya both start runn’n and we'll start late.” intervenes Logan as he places his hand on Jubilee’s shoulder, his voice tempering her raising rebellious anger.

“As you wish Old Friend.” Ororo responds placing her hand on his shoulder looking at Betsy to keep her pulse from over reacting, that way Logan did not notice it.

“No problem.” Betsy replies as she looks at Ororo with a look that said in so many words…what was that?


Minutes later as Ororo and Betsy began nearing the turn to leave Greymelkin Lane to a running trail and out of earshot of Logan, Ororo asks a question…

“Why does it seem Jubilation dislikes you?”

“Most probably how we first met and maybe how Logan and I were sleeping together for a little while.” Betsy replied breathing in between.

Ororo heard her words and as if she had been hit directly with one of Scott’s optic blasts the air left her chest. “What?!” Ororo slowing, trying to regain her rhythmic stride back.

So it is true thinks Betsy as she slows down to keep pace with Ororo. “Well he and I had a casual sex thing for a few weeks while we were reforming the X-Men." Betsy tried to make it as painless as possible, " He was still healing from his wounds with the Reavers and it was a hard time for him…”

Betsy trailed off as she felt Ororo’s emotions fluctuate as she remembered hearing about the Reavers’ attack on Logan. If it was not for Jubilation, Logan may have died from his wounds. The memory pained her because she wasn't there for him like she was Mariko.

“Storm?” Betsy asks, apprehension in her voice.

“Yes Betsy?” Ororo answers as she came back to reality, not realizing that Betsy had switched from Ororo to her code-name.

“Are you in love with Forge or someone else?” Betsy asks still with apprehension and heavy breathing now mixed in.

“I love Forge Betsy. Why do you ask such a question?” Ororo was shocked her friend would even ask such a thing. “Do you want him?” Ororo deflected with a smile. Sweat streaming down her face.

“No!” exclaims Betsy. She nearly choked on her intake of air. “Besides the only one I want doesn’t feel the same way. He loves someone else.” Her voice sounding distant, hurt slightly.

The bend near the trail was coming up. It was a straight run to the lake from there.

“Is it Logan?” Ororo asks, her voice full of concern for her friend.

“Does it matter?” responds Betsy, she regretted saying that as she appeared transparent to Storm.

“Only if you want to speak about it.” Ororo says. How much of a sister she was to Betsy. She knew whom Logan loved, it was Jean and to speak of it was painful.

Betsy remembered when they had ended their sexual encounters. She had actually, telling Logan perhaps it was something that two co-workers should not do and not have it interfere with their professional relationship. The reality was Logan spoke Ororo’s name in his sleep three nights before and it had hurt her more than she thought it would of.
Now here was Ororo, her sister and now she had to speak of it again.

“What is there to say?” Betsy replies. “I care about him because we started having sex. It was my fault Ororo. I told him when we started that it was just casual no strings, and at first it was. After a few times though I started to develop feelings for him. I wanted him to come around on his own but he spoke someone’s name in his sleep. It was then that I realized he wouldn’t feel the same way.

The lake was now only one hundred yards away as it came in sight. Betsy subconsciously began to move faster, as if running from something. Ororo quickened her pace to keep up with her friend.

Ororo smirked and decided to joke with her to relieve some of the pressure Betsy had felt.

“So how good was he?”

Betsy stopped and just looked at Ororo as the white-haired woman slowed and stopped, turning to look at her.

“You know.... the best at what he does.” Betsy says as she begins to laugh with Ororo.
words in the dark by Stormcrow
Words in the dark.

Night has fallen over Xavier’s School of gifted youngsters, all is quite, all peaceful.

“I SAY AGAIN THIS IS CYCLOPS OF BLUE TEAM WE ARE COMING IN HOT, X-MAN DOWN! NEED IMMEDIATE MED VAC!”

Cyclops looks behind him from the radio; even through his red visor, a look of concern is plastered on his face. How could this have happened? Cyclops, Beast, Gambit, Rogue, Wolverine, Psylocke, & Jubilee are X-Men Blue and they were sent out on a mission only four hours ago. They had been sent to investigate mutant disappearances in Baltimore. Unfortunately, they were expected and a trap laid. Cyclops turned as a hail of bullets hurl toward him and Gambit. A shadow flies in front of them both and Cyclops was awed as well as hurt as the figure took the full assault of rounds. It took the remaining X-Men Blue team mere minutes to take down the humans that claimed to be from a group of human supremacist called Friends of Humanity. It could have been to long.

Beast and Jubilee were on the med station on the blackbird trying to stabilize their patient. Cyclops and Psylocke were piloting, a look on Psylocke’s face was one of pure grimace. The jet slides into the bay as Jean, Storm, and Forge was waiting with the medical gurney and respirator.

Jean’s face pails as she hears Scott’s voice in her head and sees the images of the encounter, she sees the blood and the damage.

“Oh God” she says as the plane’s lift door lowers to the ground. “Logan”

Ororo turns to Jean as she hears the name. Her heart sinks as she then turns to the group wheeling the gurney from the Blackbird, all running. She sees Jubilee on the side of the gurney holding the hand of the passenger. Beast checking vitals, voicing his findings, Cyclops and Gambit rolling the gurney, Psylocke and Rogue with their arms around themselves, Logan with pressure bandages, IVs plugged into his arms, and blood still oozing.

“The rounds were mercury tipped! He took approximately forty through out his body, Ten in the chest!” Yells McCoy as he nears Jean and the others.

Ororo grabs Jubilee holding her as Logan, McCoy, & Jean disappears into the med bay.

“’Roro he has to make it. He has too.” Jubilee cries as she buries herself into Storm’s embrace.

“He will be child, he is the Wolverine. If anyone can, he will. Have faith Jubilee.”
Ororo responds feeling the tears behind her eyes but holds them back to comfort the girl in her arms.
She looks over to see Forge and Cyclops speaking. Cyclops’ eyes never leaving the view window, moments later Xavier in his Shi’ar hover chair floats by them as well.

“What happened Scott?” Asks Forge.

“We walked in there like amateurs. We followed a few suspects into a garbage yard, Logan couldn’t track them. I had Rogue go air-borne to see if she could get a better view. Psylocke couldn’t pick up anything, we found later that they were wearing psi-dampeners. That’s when Rogue called in saying she saw movement, then they ambushed us. I only heard gunfire and that’s when I saw Logan leap in front of myself and Gambit.”

Meanwhile Gambit is standing near Storm as she holds a semi-sleeping Jubilee.

“De Wolverine he protected Cyclops and Gambit chere. Da bullets dey would have killed dis cajan and one-eye. Afta we all see de Wolverine fall we all became possessed Stormy. We had ta get him here. No fool’n ‘round. When we find out dat de bullets were filled wit da mercury it made it worse no.”

Xavier and Forge listen to Cyclops.

“When Hank was able to pull out a round from Logan, he discovered the mercury Professor. I know Logan and I have had our differences but we have always respected each other. I don’t want him to die.”

Minutes turn into hours and though it was touch and go several times, including Logan’s heart stopping twice Hank, Jean, and the Professor managed to stabilize the feral warrior known as Logan the Wolverine. It was to no small part due to his healing factor as well.
Everyone agreed that no other X-Man with perhaps the acception of Colossus in his armored form would have been able to handle those rounds.

Ororo stayed near Logan’s bed for the reminder of the night, never leaving his side. Even when Forge tried to get her to come to bed with him, later Jean and Scott came by to check on her and Logan as well. As dawn approached, Ororo held on to Logan’s hand speaking to him.

“Do you remember old friend when you had come out near the beach in your uniform after we first became X-Men? I had made the unfortunate mistake of thinking you were going to kill an animal when you said you were going to hunt. I saw how that remark had hurt you and when you explained yourself, I felt like the fool. Alternatively, when we were in the savage land for the first time? You moved so like a jungle cat, fierce and strong. I remember when we were going to harm the saber tooth that belonged to Ka-Zar you stopped us. You who killed showed us that sometimes we did not have to be so extreme. Even when everyone cuddled me in the tunnels and you refused. I hated you for it but then I heard your words. “She can do it herself. She if can’t then she shouldn’t be here. I believe she can do it without help.” You never allow your ideals and honor to be subjugated. You have taught us..” she pauses..”No you have taught me so much Logan. I do not think I would have come this far without you around. You are my best friend while Gambit is my brother and Jean my sister. Stay here for me.” She then thinks to herself. “I love you old friend please goddess keep him safe.”

Jean heard her from the doorway, her face solemn.

That afternoon Forge is having dinner with Ororo and he is looking at her. His heart flies for her everytime he is near her. If he could protect her from the pain of this life he would.

“Roro.” He says

“Yes Forge.”

“Will you marry me.” Forge says. “You don’t have to say anything now, sleep on it okay.”

With that he leaves her.

That night as Ororo sleeps in her bed and Forge lays awake thinking of thoughts that have plagued his mind he hears Ororo speaking in her sleep. He hears her giggle and sees her beautiful smile. He hears the wind whimsically dance outside. He knows she is happy. What is she dreaming of?

“hehehe you are so wrong for that.” Forge looks at his love bewildered at her statement.

“hmmm I want you so bad.”

“Please..please stay with me. I want you too.”

“Hold me tight.”

“Your so bad Logan.”

Forge stops and looks at Ororo for a moment. Could she be dreaming of Logan in that way? Or was she dreaming several things. Him being last. Perhaps he was on her mind, after all he did almost die. They were good friends. Perhaps he would have to talk with Jean tomorrow, she knew Ororo better than anyone.

++So what do you think?
Faithless decisions by Stormcrow
Faithless decisions


Dawn, the goddess of light and storms flies through the heavens, her hair frolicking in the morning wind, she has a smile upon her face that dances with the rising sun, her mood is that of a soaring eagle. It has been so long since she has felt this way. She doesn’t know if it is the fact that Forge proposed last night at dinner or that her old friend Logan woke only an hour ago. Hank had said he would recover but needed bed rest to assure it sooner.

-an hour before-

Ororo had awoke nearly at four and proceeded down to the medical level to see her friend. As she held his hand he opened his eyes and grinned up at her. He said nothing at first, yet his eyes conveyed so much in seconds. The only thing he said was
“Morn’n Ro. Ya been up long?”

Tears came to her eyes as her smile brightened the room. They ran freely as if from a trickling brook. Ororo with a choked voice answers…
“Hardly slept Old Friend.”

She touched the intercom button to call Jean who had been up with Scott in the other room. The Professor thought it best if Hank, Jean, and a few others were near Wolverine incase he woke or there was complications. Scott did not leave the small room down the hall all night.
“He’s awake Jean.” Is all Ororo could get out before her tears engulfed her again.

“’Its not like I died or noth’n princess.” Croaks Logan who still held her hand. “So what happen’d while the ol’ canucklehead was down?”

“I hate when you call me that Logan.” Replies Ororo as Jean and Scott come into the room. Jean senses the feelings emanating from Ororo and Logan. Normally they keep those in check, hidden from the light of Jean’s telepathy, but every so often those feelings scream out to Jean they are so powerful. Sometimes it felt like natural elemental forces moving the earth. She had never asked either of them about their feelings for she felt like an intruder in their world.

“I see he is wake.” Answers Jean. “No going out for you little boy until you’ve rested for awhile.”

“Awe Ma do I have ta.” Logan playfully says as he winces slightly.

Ororo is the first to see it.

“You still are in pain Logan.” It was a statement more than a question.

“Slightly but I’m heal’n.” Gruffly speaks Logan letting his hand slide from Ororo’s.

“Logan as of now consider yourself on bed rest, no buts.” Replies Scott in a stern almost surreal voice. “And thanks.”
“Couldn’t have Jeannie cry’n her eyes out ya know.” Simply replies Logan.

“No we couldn’t.” Scott replies with a grin as he turns to head out.

Jean looked at the medical equipment and took the readings, she then smiled at both Storm and Wolverine before she left also.

“Ya never answer’d my question Princess?” Responds Logan. He only used that name to get a rise out of her. She knew that but he always seemed to get her flustered. Whether it was good or bad, she did not know.

“What was it again Old Friend?” She knew the question but she had avoided it for some reason.

“Anything happen’d while I was down?”

“Only Forge asked me to marry him last night.”

“Humph, good for you ‘Ro.” Logan said, his eyes showing the fire that was there now fading. “What did ya say?”

“I haven’t said anything yet Old Friend.”

“Ya need to be happy ‘Ro”

“I am now that you are better.” She places her hand on his once again, as Forge walks away from the observation window. He had been there only a few minutes but that is all he needed to see.

-Two hours later-

Forge was walking the halls of this monolithic institute thinking thoughts that puzzled him. He never really wanted to be part of the X-Men and had often wondered why his love needed to stay. She once said it was her family, she belonged here in the walls of wood and plaster. She once told him that she was needed and she needed them. Now though was she talking about needing one person, did that person keep her here?

He stalked the halls until he walked past Mystique, who was twirling like a little girl. She had been this way since Destiny died and she was brought here to Xavier’s for help.
As he walked away he heard her say..
“Remember what Destiny said about us Forge.”

He looked back at her one last time unsure what to make of it. That is when he saw the person he wanted to speak too, her name Jean Grey.

“Jean May I ask you a question?” Forge was nervous visibly as well as mentally. So much so Jean sensed it immediately. Sometimes she hated being a telepath.

“Yes Forge.” Jean replies, forcing a smile on her face.

“Have you seen Ororo?” Forge asked but knowing that wasn’t what he wanted to ask.

“No not since this morning.” Jean replied. Her thoughts were of seeing Storm and Logan together, between them their existed a bond that could be stronger than hers and Scott’s. She saw the joy in Ororo’s eyes when she came in to see Logan awake. She saw the dread in those same eyes when Logan was injured.

“Jean you’re her closest friend.” Forge continued, “ Do you think Ororo is in love with me?

Jean closes her eyes as she looks toward the floor. She didn’t want Forge to be hurt, but she couldn’t tell him what he wanted to hear. Ororo was a great woman, a great friend, and Jean knew what Ororo needed. Forge wasn’t that, Logan was.

“I don’t know.” Is all Jean could say. It was the truth. Up until yesterday she didn’t have a doubt but after seeing her around Logan, really seeing her with Logan she had doubts.

-Meanwhile still embracing the skies overhead, with winds whimsically whistling around, Ororo was herself thinking.

“Logan is alright and will be. He has been there when in counted but Forge has been there always. I could loss myself in Logan, I know this-Goddess I know, but Forge is earthbound. He would keep me level. I do love Forge, I do not know if I am in love with him. I can’t wait though for Logan. He is a force of nature as I am and perhaps that is way I..I love him so not only as a friend but more. I just do not want my heart handed to me like Betsy’s was. I know Logan no longer loves Jean as he did once, but has it been long enough for him since Mariko? I do not know if I could survive if Logan died and we were together. It hurt me so much as a friend when he was hurt yesterday. Forge is safe and I do love him, just not like Logan. Perhaps I can grow to love him more than before. Yes that is what I can do.”

-Twenty minutes later-

“Forge.” Calls out Ororo.

“Storm.” Replies Forge looking at her. He is holding a bag as he is walking toward the garage.

“What are you doing?” Ororo asks, bewilderment creeping in on her face.

“Storm. Before you say anything I have to say something. No matter what you will always be bound to this place, these X-Men…..

-Five minutes later Ororo falls to the ground, her tears fall like a river that has been released from a dam. “I was going to say yes.”

--Yeah I know sad but more will come and thank you for the reviews.
Blood and sanity by Stormcrow
Blood and Sanity

The event was horrific, utterly horrific. It all seemed to enter in slow motion timed with each beat of the heart. Those that witnessed it could hardly believe it. Magneto had ripped the Adamantium from the bones of the man named Wolverine, which in turn caused Charles Xavier to shut down the mind of his long time friend. That was only moments ago now the X-Men are in the blackbird trying to stabilize their fallen comrade, the man called Wolverine.

“JEAN I NEED YOU TO HELP ME STABILIZE HIS MIND!” yells Xavier still taxed while using the Shi’ar body suit. “HENRY!”

“I AM TRYING PROFESSOR BUT HIS FATIALS ARE ERRATIC!” Screams the blue furred doctor of meta-lingual talents, Henry McCoy; The Beast.

The commotion, Logan can’t see it but seem to sense it. His body had been damaged, beyond what his Healing factor could take. His mind was threatening to shut down. He was going to die. NO! Logan would not allow the fairy man to take him. He still had so much to do, to make right. He had to tell Grimm he was sorry for harming him, his adopted daughter Amiko had to be told he loved her, Yuriko needed to know he respected her, Ororo….. Ororo had to know how he felt for her. He couldn’t leave things unsaid.

“PROFESSOR WE’RE LOSING HIM!” Screams Jean through her mind link with the professor.

Logan opens his eyes his scene has changed. It no longer was that of Avalon or the blackbird. He was laying on a beach, the sun warmly caressing his skin, the wind playing with his hair. He could hear laughter, her laughter.
“’Ro?”

“Hello old friend how are you?” The white haired woman named Ororo replied. She was a goddess to him, she was his great love, she was Storm.

“I don’t think I’m in Kansas anymore Ro dats for sure.” Logan answered. “I was hurt wasn’t I?”

A saddened face appears over Ororo, the clouds darken some. “Yes you were.”

“How did I get her then?” Logan replies as he walks over to her. He couldn’t help but not go to her.

“Do you remember this place Logan?” She asks quizzically. Her smile seemed to laugh away any sadness from his heart. It was like that when she came to help him through his time of mourning over Mariko.

Logan looked around and no longer were they both on the beach, now they were in a study. The study was that of Xavier’s and he remembered this place well. He came to read here at night when the place was quite. It was here one night that Ororo came in to see who was in there so late. She looked somewhat amused to see “A tale of two cities” in Logan’s hands. She decided to quote part of it to get his attention, though she suspected he already knew.

“It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity…”

He continued the line without missing a beat…

“it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way.”

“You always surprise me Logan.” Ororo says as she sits in the chair across from him.

“I like ta keep ya on your toes Ro.” Retorts Logan slipping back into his accent.

“I did not know you enjoyed Charles Dickens. What else do you like to do when no one is watching?” Ororo smiled and it astounded Logan. “What is your favorite line in the story?”

Logan looked up at her and grinned slightly as he simply replied….
“It would have ta be when Sydney Carton beseeching Lucie Manette ta have pity for him and ta hold him dear in her heart: “O Miss Manette, when the little picture of a happy father’s face looks up in yours, when you see your own bright beauty springing up anew at your feet think now and then that there is a man who would give his life, to keep a life you love beside you!”

Ororo looked at him with those blue eyes and his heart felt as though it would stop.

“JEAN, PROFESSOR HE’S SLIPPING!” Exclaims Hank McCoy

Again the scene changes and Logan finds himself in the green house near the mansion. He leans against a post watching Ororo take care of her flowers.

“You’re one of a kind Ro.”

“And so are you Old Friend.” The white-haired goddess of the Storm replies, her hands are dirty from tilling the dirt.

“I was wanting to know if ya were alright.” Logan asks, apprehension in his voice slightly.

“I am fine.” Ororo answers, she looks away for a moment.

“Ro I’ll gut him for ya if ya want?” SKIRT!

“No that will not be necessary Logan.” Storm answers her heart hurt but not as much as she thought. “Besides I could strike him down with lightning if I wished.”

“Ha!” Logan begins to laugh his throaty bellow and it is all but contagious. Ororo begins to laugh as well.

Then the winds pick up as if a hurricane has begun.

“WE HAVE DECOMPRESSION!” Screams Scott from the pilot seat

“You have to go back Wolverine. I’ll be there when your ready.” Ororo says as she gets up from the ground and walks over to Logan and kisses him. “They need you my Love.”

“JEAN!” Screams the Beast as the red-haired woman is falling out of the plane….

“I GOT YA JEANNIE!!” yells Logan, his bandages hanging, his hand holding Jean’s wrist outside of the Blackbird.

----During the weeks that it takes Logan the heal somewhat he is visited by Ororo, Jubilee, Kitty, Scott, Gambit and Jean. Mostly to see how he was doing, but every so often he and Ororo would take short walks around the grounds and talk for hours.

“Princess I have ta go and take care of some things. I don’t know how long I’ll be but I’ll be back.” Replies Logan one evening.

“You always come back Old Friend and I will be waiting.” Ororo replies.

“Ro.” Logan replies as he looks at her. She is beautiful in the moonlight.

“Yes”

“I….I…wanted to tell ya something.” Responds Logan as he studders over his words, he felt like a school boy with a crush.

“Yes dear friend.”

“When I was on the Blackbird I had something like dreams. They kept me sane through the pain.”

“Really Logan? What were the dreams about?” Ororo looked on him now with interests and apprehension.

“They were you.”
A letter by Stormcrow
A Letter



Ororo stands on the roof of the mansion watching as Logan rides his motorcycle down Greymelkin Lane, a bag on his back. “He left as he said he would” mused Ororo the weather goddess of the X-Men, daughter of a journalist and an African princess. “Good-bye for now old friend.” She walks to the edge of the skylight she had come from and with the help of the winds she could control she let herself down. She walked near her bed looking at the sealed letter she had found on her door. She smiled, studying it as if it held a great mystery. After a few minutes, she opens it and begins to read it….

--Dear Ro,
For some reason that sounds easy on the tongue to say. We have been through a lot haven’t we darling? From fighting a giant living island to huge flaming robots to deaths of friends as well as loved ones and heartaches, space aliens and crystals, to even our own deaths. In all that time I always looked to you for the strength to carry on. You were always there for me, even when I didn’t think I needed it. You knew better though didn’t you. I always followed your lead and I admit it wasn’t easy sometimes but I can say that it wasn’t easy being my friend was it. You made it look easy though. I don’t know where I am going from here Princess but I want you to know if you need me I’ll be there at your side. I know I can act irritable when other men give you the attention you so rightfully deserve but I want you to know that you make me, above all others in my life that I can remember, hell even those times I can’t remember, want to be a better man.

An animal knows what it is and accepts it. A man may know what he is but questions. I don’t know what I want to be; ought to be but I want to try because of you. It’s scary I know that, but what else is there? Stagnation; a safer form of death not of the body but of the mind, the soul, the heart. There are things that make you want to change, to dream, to grow. You have made me realize that I am more than I ever thought I was. You are my friend, my confidant, you don’t judge me you accept me. You are more than I deserve. Fly high windrider, fly free.
Love Logan

P.S. Make sure Jubilee doesn’t take over my room I will be back.

She caresses the letter as a tear falls on the paper.

“Come back soon Logan.”
Enter the Phalanx by Stormcrow
ENTER THE PHALANX

“I’m coming Professor,” Replies Logan answering the telepathic summons of Xavier, whom was on Muir Island.

“Looks like I’ll be coming back sooner than I really wanted to,” responds Logan as he walks into an old hangar. “I need da bird old friend.”

Logan walks toward an Indian named Harry who is working on an old C47 while listening to a song by Sinatra when his eyes open wide and says one word “Ro?”

--Meanwhile

Ororo knew something was wrong, she felt it in her very soul. She had heard something from the library and slowly moved toward the area, listening for anything. She raised her fist as lightning crackled, coursing in between her fingers as ozone filled the air. The door opens slightly as her blue eyes peer in ready for anything that may come her way.

“AAAGGGHHHHHHH!!!”

“Target Ororo Monroe codename Storm acquired.”

--Few Hours Later over Muir Island”

"Something's scanning us with high power stuff across the whole spectrum. But we probably aren't registering anything. We're so low-tech that the high-end stuff looks right through us. But whatever it is, it's burning out all my instruments. Whatever's down there is hairy to the max, Logan!" Harry yells back to Wolverine, who is preparing to leap out the side door of the old plane.

"But down there is where I gotta be, Harry! You can refuel in Scotland and scoot on home. Oh, and thanks for the lift!" Logan adds, as he leaps out into the rushing wind.

"The last time I jumped outta' a burnin' C47, it was over Normandy and the sky was full o' flak," Logan thinks to himself, as he free-falls. "But that's another story. Right now, somethin' that crawled outta a psycho's nightmare is doin' the backend creep on some o' my favorite people includin’ Ro. Time to pop silk."

The movement is fast as Logan freefalls a little more. He sees what appears to be techno-organic constructs below him. He knows he’s in the right place. “I’m comin’ Darlin!”

“Heads up, Circuit-Face!! The ol' Canuckle-Head is back in town, and there's the devil to pay!" Logan shouts, as his parachute opens and he pops his bone claws.


“Egon and Nkotha, deal with the other mutant anomalies! I'll handle this new one!" Larissa a sub-leader of the complex orders, as she extends her form up towards the descending Logan.

"You stick yer mug where it don't belong, it's gonna get ripped!" Logan shouts, as he slashes Larissa's face. Before she can blink, her head is in six separate pieces.
This doesn't even slow her down, however, and in seconds she has entwined Logan in several tentacles, as he stares in amazement at this new adversary.

"Charles told me this was gonna be a tough one." Logan thinks to himself. "I said, 'It ain't Magneto, is it?' He said, 'No.' I said, 'So what are ya' worried about?' Now, I know. Well I’m gonna get ta Ro. She’s here I know.”

"You are a blight on the surface of this planet, Mutant! A purely organic defect that Phalanx will soon correct!" Larissa tells him.

"You should talk about bein' defective, Lady, you're all over the place!" Logan replies, as he slashes with his bone claws at the tentacles entangling him.

As this is happening Scott and Jean come charging toward the complex that was once the Muir Island Facility where the Professor was supposed to be. They had just returned from their honeymoon, a twelve-year honeymoon to the future.

"Jean, do you see, it's Wolverine! I'm aiming high!!" Scott shouts, as he unleashes his optic blast.

"Scott! You shouldn't have said--" Jean falls silent, as Cyclops' blast hits low, just below Logan's feet, blasting him free of Larissa's tentacles.

"He was fakin' 'em out, Jean! That blast was low!" Logan shouts, even as he falls.

"You've got to watch it, Logan. You don't have your Adamantium any longer. That fall could have--" Jean says, as she catches Logan with a telekinetic cushion.

"Aw, Red, I had a feelin' you'd be ready with a psi-cushion. So, what's goin' down here? I got a mind blast from Charley to meet up with him on Muir Island. He almost seemed scared. Kinda' spooky," Logan explains.

"It seems you know more than we do. We came here to tell the Professor information concerning the Legacy Virus. All this was a shock to us. It's...it's good to see you again, Logan. You were missed," Jean tells him “Especially by Ororo.”

"Sorry, no time for reunions, folks. These Phalanx entities have insinuated themselves into the very structure of the Main Lab Building. We want to put as much distance as possible between us and them," Scott orders.

"You call the shots, Scott. It's been a long time since I was a team player." Logan replies, as they make for the far side of the island.

"Sorry about the weddin', Jean. I was--" Logan replies as the three enter the facility.

"Logan, your heart was there. That's what's important. It all seems so long ago," Jean tells him.

"S'funny you should say that, Darlin' it's like the light in yer eyes is a lot older. Like they been starin' at a lot more life than it's possible to see in the last few months..." Logan replies.

"It's harder to hide secrets from you than it is from a psi-talent, Logan." Jean tells him.

“How’s Ro?” Logan asks scanning the area, Scott at the lead.

“She has been fine Logan, but she did miss you. You should talk to her,” Jean responds.
“I think she’s---“ Suddenly, Egon and Nkotha burst upon the trio, interrupting further discussion.

"The trunk line! Good Lord, they traveled through the underground cable that connects this weather station to the main lab." Cyclops yells

VHATHOOM!!

The two Phalanx entities are blasted back from Scott, Jean and Logan before they can attack.

"What? Force beams!? Some sort of plasma weapon!? Who?" Scott asks, as he turns to find the source of their salvation.

"I thought I heard you mention my name as I was Body-Sliding in, or were you talking about another Cable?" Nathan asks Scott, as he stands on the hill above them with, still smoking, plasma rifles in each hand.

Several minutes later the Facility on Muir Island explodes, destroying everything within one hundred yards…

"Way to go, Bub!!" Logan shouts, as the huge Phalanx is blasted into several thousand tiny pieces.

"Scott, did you find out--?" Jean asks.

"I know where the X-Men are, Jean. They're on Chomo-Lungma." Scott replies.

"Gesundheit." Logan tells him.

"Mt. Everest, in Tibet Logan, eight miles above sea level. That info cost us. Moira must have written a fail-safe into the operating program. As soon as I processed the date, the self-destruct timer went active" Scott informs them.

“I’m comin’ Ro and heaven help them if dey hurt ya.”

---On the slopes of Mt. Everest within the citadel of the Phalanx deep inside held in bubbles that neutralize their powers Ororo stands facing the man named Hodge, once a lawyer for the friends of Humanity, now part of the techno advanced Phalanx. They are an offshoot of the Technarchy, a race of techno-organic alien beings bent on galactic conquest. They have evolved into a collective mind, although there are still traces of individualism, such as personal names. They are all linked to each other by a cybernetic system which is so advanced that it approaches telepathy, and can be accessed by telepaths.

“Do your worse monster for we will defeat you.” Scowls Ororo, defiance in her eyes-Logan would be proud.

“If you think so Mutant Bitch!” Cameron Hodge with all his pettiness and hate only sees a mutant who needs to be broken. There are not many atrocities he would not commit if it causes pain and disillusionment to his hated foes. “You ever see the movie “The Evil dead” you whore. I enjoy it wholly especially when the young blond gets raped by the tree.”

“STORM!” yells Bishop still imprisoned in his holding field as he watches powerlessly as they all hear Storm scream as if she has passed through a thousand hells. “DAMN YOU!”

Hours later a DC-3 flies through Tibetan airspace…..

"Who died and made you two pilots?!" Cable yells, as he and Logan are sent tumbling as their plane abruptly dives. "Are you both trying to get us all killed before we even get to the Phalanx Citadel?"

"Lay off 'em Bub! They're doin' all right without yer backseat drivin'." Logan tells him.

"Butt out, Logan!" Cable replies.

"No, you butt out! I've about had it with you, Cable!" Logan yells.

"The both of you had better lighten up, or I'm going to have to put psionic muzzles on you." Jean tells them from the cockpit.

"Cut us some slack, fellas. We've been piloting this antique with radar and instruments shut down ever since we entered Tibetan airspace." Scott adds.

"You think that's good enough to escape Phalanx's sensors?" Cable asks.

"They're not expecting anything as low-tech as this fifty year old DC-3." Jean replies.

"There it is." Scott says, as the plane exits from the clouds and they behold the massive Phalanx Citadel.

"Ugly ain't it?" Cable remarks.

"And big, too." Logan adds. “Okay ‘Ro I’m comin’ for ya so hold on Darlin’ I’ve been gone too long and I’m back.” The Wolverine thinks as he begins to growl.

Jean looks to Scott, her eyes expressing a thousand words of hope and fear. Scott turns to her a smile of reassurance on his face, as he knows what she fears. Above all else would their friends, their family be alright? Would Ororo be alright for Logan’s sake? He’d been through too much and it was obvious that he felt something for Ororo as she did him.

The sudden intrusion of twenty-six thousand pounds of steel and aluminum traveling at a terminal velocity exceeding three hundred miles per hour would be traumatic by itself. But the jettison cocks of the fuel tanks have been opened by psionic means to spill high-octane aviation fuel across the wing surfaces and fuselage. The result is volatile to say the least. The Citadel is rocked to it's foundation by the Kamikaze attack.

"Lang!! Where are you??" Hodge screams in the aftermath of the explosion.

"I am safe, Hodge." Lang tells him, as he steps forth from the flames holding Psylocke in his arms. When he was human, Lang recreated the sentinels from Trask’s plans.

"The mutants must be desperate if they are resorting to Kamikaze tactics. I must see to the reorganization of the collective for damage control, Lang.”

A thousand feet below the Citadel, on the unassailable North Face.

"You must have spent your whole Honeymoon practicing, Jean. To spot a two-foot-wide ledge from a speeding plane, half a mile away. And put us this close to it with one psi-blast." Cable compliments her.

"I was aiming for one a lot closer to the Citadel, Nathan." Jean replies, as Nathan pulls her up to more solid footing.

"You did fine, Jean. We're outside the range of their localized psi-scans. And, hopefully, outside the cone of their high-resolution directional sensors." Scott adds, as Nathan pulls him up.

"In other words, we're sneaking up on their blind side." Cable says.

----Meanwhile inside the complex

“Stormy? Ororo com’on chere open dem’ eyes for Gambit.” Replies Gambit. “Please be alright”
Gambit watched in horror as did all of the X-Men present as the beast called Hodge violated Ororo. He like Bishop, who now had his head down in shame, felt powerless. Storm had not moved at all since that attack, all she did was grip her fist and cry cursing Hodge and asking her Goddess why she allowed it to happen.

“Where are you Logan?” Ororo whispers.

---Thirty minutes has passed as the four mutants Cyclops, Jean Grey, Cable, and Wolverine has scaled the mountain face and entered the citadel each entering with a single thought and destination. It takes Logan only minutes to get to the captive X-Men as he unsheathes his claws and begins to tear at the bubble of Bishop.

“Damn I miss my Adamantium sometimes. My claws aren’t cuttin’ through,” states Logan

“Yeah but it punctured a hole,” replies Bishop.

Logan looks over at Ororo and sees her in a fetal position in her bubble. He knows something has happened as his heart and stomach fall. He runs over to her cage, looking at her. “Ro, Ro its me Logan.”

Ororo looks up, her eyes red and swollen, tear trails show her pain. Her uniform tells the tale all to well. He fights down his beast as his senses tell the tale.

“Logan.” Her voice quivers. “Is it you?”

“Yeah Darlin’ who did this to ya?” Logan could feel the animal in him swell.

“It be Hodge, Wolverine.” answers Gambit. His red on black eyes showing anger, sadness, hurt, shame.

“I’m gonna kill that Son of a Bitch!”

Hodge comes in after a few seconds, panic written on his face. He knows the X-Men are here but where?

“AAGGHHHHH!” Comes a scream from above him. He looks up to see where the roar came from. He only sees a foot kick him into the bubble containing Bishop.

“Your ass is MINE Hodge!” It was almost instantaneous as Bishop touches the Phalanx through the little hole that Logan had punctured. Hodge screams trying to tap into the power that is the Phalanx. All he succeeds in doing was killing the Phalanx world wide.

--Minutes later Logan is carrying Storm out of the citadel with the others close behind.

“STORM GET UP BABE!” Yells Logan. We need ya, I need ya. “FOCUS! KILL DEM” MOTHERFUCKERS!’”

Storms eyes fog over and thunder claps overhead. The winds pick up into the gale force of a Typhoon. Lightning crashes into the side of the mountain causing it to slide upon the citadel.

“Good Job Ororo!” screams Jean as she comes running up, then realizing what she was seeing. “Oh God.”

---so how was it?
curves by Stormcrow
Curves ahead

The attic of Xavier’s has been Ororo’s sanctuary, her salvation, and her fortress. Now she cannot find peace here. It has been only days since the X-Men’s return from Tibet and her contravention at the hands of the one named Hodge. When she returned to the mansion Gambit, Bishop, Psylocke and Logan insisted that Hank examine her. She felt uncomfortable and the weather showed her turmoil. When Hank touched her she jumped slightly, unnerved by her friends touch. Logan had stayed with her the entire time, waiting outside of the examination room pacing.

So here she stands looking out of her window, watching the day pass her, as the clouds dance on the wind and the sun’s light caresses the sky as if it were a lover. She wraps her arms around herself embracing, trying to find security. She hasn’t slept much in the last five days, every time she tries she sees the sadistic smile of Hodge as he wrapped his tentacles around her powerless form, ripping at her. She closes her eyes and shook her head to dismiss those thoughts.

She jumps as she hears a soft rasping knock on her door, her heart beats thumps in her chest until she hears a voice…

“Ro ya dissent Darlin’?”

His voice sooths her trepidation forcing her to breath, she smiles slightly, not even sure why.

“Yes Logan you may enter,” Ororo replies her voice sounds emotionless as she pushes her fear down deep.

The door opens slowly as if he is unsure of something. His gray steel eyes look upon her and she feels passion, hurt, solace, friendship, and understood. His eyes could speak volumes while never uttering a word. It was times like these she remembered why her heart ached for him.

“Ro I was wondern’ if ya might want to get away from here for a few hours?” Logan steps toward her slowly, “Please don’t say no cause ya need it.”

“Logan I---,” Ororo begins until Logan places his figure to her lips. She could smell his scent and although she had suffered one of the greatest crimes against a woman days ago, she was at ease with this man.

“Darlin’ I promise ya that while I’m around I will be your knight, your champion.” A hoarse sound cames from Logan’s throat as he spoke. It is soft, almost a purr. Ororo removed Logan’s finger that is resting on her lips so she could speak.

“What I was going to say Logan before you placed your fingers on my lips was that I would like that.”
“ Oh. Uh well then I’ll meet you in the lobby ‘round 7:00 pm then,” Logan smiled as he said this. They both noticed now that they had been holding each other’s hand. They both genuinely smiled as he left her room. “Dress formally.”

----Seven P.M. the lobby of the mansion.

Logan paces nervously, his claws sheathing and unsheathing repeatedly. He wears black dress pants that are pleated, his shoes padded leather. His deep blue shirt with a matching silk tie, is a slight contrast to his black coat. He is so anxious that he doesn’t even see Ororo standing on top of the stairs for a moment.

She is wearing a white gown, made of silk that touches her ankles. The gown has only a single wide strap over her right shoulder. Her figure accents sharply as her dress hugs her curves. She had white high heels and her earrings are white pearls, matching her hair that she has up in a bun. She stood there motionless, her heart thumping within her rib cage.

When Logan finally caught her scent he looked up, truly awed.

“Your beautiful,” Logan replies as the rest of what he wanted to say was forgotten.

“You’re not bad yourself Old Friend,” Ororo said as she had started down the stairs. “No innuendos?”

Logan smiled slightly as he cleared his throat.

“What can ah darlin’? Ah’m speechless. You are a goddess.”

Ororo smiled as she heard the Wolverine’s words. She needed to hear them, not from anyone else just him. He was her heart, more so than any other.

“Shall we?” Asked Logan as he held out his arm waiting for her. She took his arm and smiled as they walked out of the door. Storm froze slightly as she saw a black stretch Limo parked in front of the mansion. She looked at Logan, her smile becoming more that what it was before. He saw her smile, knowing it reached her eyes. He did love her and wanted to show it, as well as try to help her get past what had happened days ago.

***An hour later

The couple sits at a table within Alain Ducasse, one of the top five-star restaurants in New York city. The atmosphere was quite and soft music played in the background…


Why do I do just as you say
Why do I give you your way?
Why do I sigh?
Why don’t I try to forget?

Logan looks at Ororo and smiles as he stands up in front of her. He holds out his hand never saying a word. She smiles, almost shyly, and accepts. They walk out to the dance floor in front of the orchestra.

It must have been that something
Lovers call fate.
Kept me sayn’ I had to wait
I saw them all but just couldn’t fall
Until we met


Ororo slipped close to Logan, her head resting on his strong shoulder. She heard him singing in her ear, the very song they were listening to. She closed her eyes and exhaled.

It had to be you
It had to be you
I wandered around
And I finally found
The somebody who
Could make me be true

Logan’s voice soothed and seduced her. Her heart raced and she felt truly and utterly loved in this instant.

Could make me be blue
And even be glad
Just to be sad
Thinking of you
Some others I’ve seen
Might never be mean
Might not even be cross
Or tried to be boss
But they wouldn’t do.

Ororo’s touch sent warmth into Logan, something he had never felt, even with Mariko. It felt right.

For nobody else
Gave me a thrill
With all your faults
I love you still
It had to be you
Wonderful you

Ororo smiled as she listened to the song, which had been originally done by Frank Sinatra. She mused to herself, who would of thought Logan could be like this?

****Later that night as the limo pulls up to the mansion

The couple walk up to Ororo’s door, both with content smiles on their faces. They did not have to speak, nor feel they should with each other. Logan held ‘Ro’s hand, looking into her eye as he finally breaks the silence.

“I had a good time ‘Ro. Well here we are.”

“Yes were are.” ‘Ro said gently.

“I have ta tell ya something darlin,” Logan softly spoke lost in her eyes. “I missed ya while ah was away.”

“I missed you too.” Ororo smiled coyly.

“Ah had time ta think ya know,” Logan fumbled his thumb over her hand, playing with a ring on her hand. “Ah Love you Ro.”

Ororo is taken back by this revelation. Could he have felt the same very as long as she?

“I love you too.”

He gently closes the distance between she and him, their lips closer, closer still. She feels his kiss, softly at first, yet becoming more passionate.

Pulling apart Ororo says one thing…

“Love me Logan.”

-----so how was it?
Love by Stormcrow
Love

Logan steps into Ororo Monroe’s room, closing the door behind him. His grin holding feelings of lust, love, uncertainty, and longing all at the same time. He had loved his ‘Ro as long as he could remember, never chasing her. He respects her more than he respects any other; he loves her more than he loves any other.

His lips touch gently once more on Ororo’s swollen lips, feeling her soft caress. Logan’s right hand holding her thick white hair, his left softly touching her back, moving down her spine, she arches into Logan’s solid body as her breath becomes heavier, labored, and lustful. To Ororo, Logan’s touch set her on fire, more than any other man in her life, her heart racing near out of control, her mind diving into fantasies of this man.

“Logan . . . ummm.” Ororo’s voice shakes with joy and love, their mouths baptizing each other in lustful kisses. Logan moves his hand from her back to her breast, feeling it through the material of the dress she still is wearing.

“I want you, Logan, so badly.”

“I want you too, ‘Ro,” Logan stated as his breath labored, his pulse quickening, pupils wide.

His lips become warmer as he kisses her lips, then slowly moving to her chin, her jaw line, her neck, and then nibbling her ear lobe. She pulls off his jacket, her hands rubbing his back as the jacket falls off his shoulders and to the floor. She feels Logan’s hand caress her shoulder to her strap, feeling air touching her exposed skin. Ororo then feels her zipper sliding down her back, as Logan’s lips stroke the shoulder. She smiles warmly, lustfully as she replies . . .

“Thought you would . . . umm . . . use your claws.”

Logan chuckles softly, a rumble in his throat. “Ah would’ve but Ah didn’t think ya would appreciate it.”

“Thank you.”

As she allows the words to come out of her mouth, she feels her dress slip off her to the floor where she stands. Ororo moves her hands to Logan’s tie, unleashing it then as she moves to his buttons she becomes impatient as her blood begins to boil from his touch. She rips open his shirt, buttons fly hitting the floor.

“Well there goes dat shirt,” Logan responds as he feels Ororo strip his shirt, exposing his chest to the cool air, his nipples immediately erecting. “If we are gonna play like dat then . . .” Logan trails off as she hears,

SNIKT!

Ororo smiles as she feels a claw slide between her soft caramel skin and her white thong. How she wanted this for so long. She feels the thin material fall away as she then feels him lefts her up, walking to the bed his lips still enclosing hers.

Her bed feels soft, secure, waiting for her and him. His lips kiss her once more, moving down her chin, her neck as he nips, licks, kisses, and bites gently. The heat between her legs grows hotter as she begins to anticipate his movements excitedly. She faintly hears his shoes fall to the floor as his mouth engulfs she right nipple. Shivers convulse her body as she feels the warmth of his mouth, then she feels an erotic pleasure feeling her as he nips her breast with his teeth. Ororo lets a moan escape her throat as she feels him moving over to her other breast, a cool wetness leaving a trail as his mouth passes. She lifts her hands from the comforter where she had held on, digging, then moving them, exploring as she rakes his neck with her nails.

“Oh Goddess!” Ororo screams, not caring if anyone hears her.

She rubs his hair, pulling at his dark, thick mane of hair. She wants him to go lower and begins to moan more as she feels him descending. His tongue darting out of his mouth as he kisses her, near her belly button she feels him bite her proceeding lower to her hips. His mouth kissing her hips, an erotic tickling sensation runs up her spine. It is then she feels Logan’s mouth invade her warm, wet sex.

“LOGAN!” She bucks, arching her back, her legs wrapping around Logan’s head. “Make me cum, Logan please!” Thunder claps outside as lightning flashes in furies, as if in tune with an opera, rain beginning to crash down upon the roof.

His tongue dances between her legs, flicking at her soft, pink center. Sweat beads from her body as waves of ecstasy shatter her mind. So intensive are those waves that she grabs onto Logan’s shoulders, clawing, tearing at his skin as she brings blood. She feels him bite gently on her clitoris, then his warm mouth engulfing her. After a moment she feels him lift away from her sex then blows cool air gently where his warm mouth had just been. Her orgasm comes quickly then without warning as the first subsides another takes its place. Quivering without control Ororo pushes Logan away from her now swollen sex, rolling him over kissing him, tasting her on his lips.

She straddles him, moving lower with purpose as she kisses his bare chest. She bites his left nipple as she hears him suck air in through his mouth. Quickly she slides down his hairy chest to where his belt is. She fumbles with it, her nimble figures unbuckling the annoying piece of clothing as she moves to his button and zipper. She reaches under Logan, groping his butt cheeks for a moment, then grabbing the back of his pants and underwear pulling them down in one fluid motion. Her mouth becomes a probe as she licks back up his leg to his groin area. Ororo takes her lover’s erection in her hand, kissing the head, her tongue teasingly moving down the shaft.

“’Ro, oh dat feels so goo…” Logan replies but his words are caught deep in his throat as he feels his cock enter Ororo’s heated, wet mouth. “Uuuhhhhh.”
After a moment, Logan begins to move his hips to meet Ororo’s wanting mouth, her white haired mane covering her and his cock as she bops up and down.

“I need ya, ‘Ro,” groans Logan as he raises Ororo to him, kissing her with passion, beyond what he or Ororo has ever felt. Without missing a single moment, Ororo straddles her man, sliding his tool into her, moaning as she feels it impale her.

“Goddess,” whimpers Ororo, as she feels full, completed. Her hands rest on Logan’s chest as she begins to move up and down, always feeling the emptiness as his cock leaves her womb. She almost suffers at this void until he fills her once more, slowly pumping into her.

Time seems to move slower as the two lovers become in tune with each other, their hearts, souls, and minds becoming one. She grips his chest as she feels another orgasm rips through not only her nether region but her entire body; her mind burning as if on fire, the rain outside becoming heavier transforming into small hail stones. She feels him exploding into her womb and a sense of completion enters her heart. She smiles as sweat ridden white hair swings in front of her ice blue eyes.

“I love you ‘Ro.”

KNOCK! KNOCK!

“Wha . . . ?” Ororo awakens as she hears a voice outside her door

“’RO ARE YOU ALRIGHT?”

“It is Logan.” She tries to clear her head as she thinks, “But he’s right . . .” She turns to see an empty space next to her and she, for the first time, hears hail crashing outside.

“I am fine. I will be right there,” Ororo says as she places a robe on her naked form. She opens the door to see worried gray steel eyes looking at her.


---For now fin….
By Linage and refleX by Stormcrow
By Linage and RefleX

“You ok ‘Ro? I heard ya cry out fer me,” Wolverine stood at her door, his steel gray eyes staring at her trying to figure out what was wrong. It had been only days since Logan had impaled the man named Victor Creed; better known as Sabertooth, with his claws giving the monster his “final” glow. It was not that final though, Creed had survived it but now was more or less a vegetable. The night it happened Logan took to sleeping outside where as he had said “animals” belonged. It was Storm, his ‘Ro that had come out to him as a friend to help him. He heard her cry while he stood above her window and decided it would be best if he came to her door instead of through her window. He knew that she had nightmares every so often after what Hodge of the Phalanx had done to her. Logan would never forgive himself for that. He should have been there faster. He also felt the hail beginning to fall as he landed on a balcony from the roof. She was having a nightmare, a bad one.

“I…I had a nightmare.” Ororo replies as her mind finally grasps reality. She had a dream about Logan, about them on a date and they making love. It felt so real; she could still feel her body quivering. She had to control it for her own sake.

“I could tell. The storm outside is intense Darl’n.” Logan answered as he looked upward toward her skylight. He knew she had to take control quickly or the weather would become worse. That was when he smelt it LUST. He was taken back for a moment as he realized it was coming from Ororo. He could smell her, the heat from her, the pure sexuality. He could smell the same smell on Psylocke after she and Warren were alone together for an extended period of time, or on him when he had sex.

“Wha..,” was all Storm could say as she had followed Logan’s eyes skyward to see the hail slapping her window. “I am sorry old friend.” Within seconds the storm died out and the peace returned.

“Its okay ‘Ro. I was just worried was all fer ya,” Logan replied trying to shake her smell from his nostrils. “Ya need’n anything Darl’n?” Logan asks before he even thought.

“I am..am fine Logan.” Ororo answers from her mind. Her heart yelling “YES YOU!”

“I can stay for the night if ya want Darlin. I’ll even sleep on da floor,” Logan grins, his canines showing. It was amazing how his mutation had progressed without the presence of the adamantium. To Ororo though he was her wild man.

“If you wish Logan, but you are welcome to sleep with me as long as you don’t scratch me,” Ororo says jokingly.





---Three years later---

Over the last three years the X-Men have had there share of joy, pain, hardship and rejoicing. They have survived many ordeals from Sentinel Primes to Xavier’s twin sister. Each trail testing the bond of each individual X-Man including the latest tribulation. Jean Gray becoming the Phoenix once more and taking to the stars, never willing to return. None though has had it harder than Logan, the Wolverine. He became a pawn of Apocalypse, as his horseman Death, then dying. He was then brought back to life as a near mindless killer, and though it was Stick and Electra that was able to detain him, Ororo was his tether back, but not before he killed Northstar. It was this and watching Jubilee through her trails that hurt him the most.

Logan stood by the window in the study watching Ororo’s greenhouse, wondering if he should go and speak with her. He had not in so long, not really. He was allowing her to slip away, something he hated but decided to permit due to his inability to protect those women he loved. Logan watched for any movement, still contemplating when he witnessed his friend Kurt enter the greenhouse. Logan casts his eyes downward, taking a deep inhale, filling his lungs then exhaling. He knew of Kurt’s interest in Ororo, ever sense the two of them waltzed, he knew and allowed Kurt to try.

“Logan why do you watch her from here when you should tell her.” The intruder’s voice was cool, nearly ice.

“Non ya business Emma,” Logan answers curtly. He didn’t mind Emma as much as he once did, but he still found her difficult to swallow at times. Logan also couldn’t forgive her for driving the last wedge in between Slim and Red. He knew Emma began it as a game, because she didn’t like Jeannie but then fell head over hills in love with Scott. Served her right he thought.

“She’s not interested in Kurt, or at least in that department,” Emma retorted, a smile appearing on her face.

“I suggest ya not come near me less you have a death wish Emma or its important,” Commanded Logan.

“Actually Scott wishes to speak to you.” Emma grins, knowing how to push Logan’s buttons. “Its about a mutant in New Orleans.”

“Send da Cajun.”

“This requires a personal touch Wolverine and besides Scott is actually going as well. He wants back-up.” Emma turns as she continues “Besides Gambit is with Rogue on leave as of last night.”

“Why?” Asks Logan waiting for her answer, still watching the greenhouse, spying Rachael as she came into view. “This might get interesting.” Logan says silently.

“Because they are in a relationship. You do know what that is don’t you. Its where two people get together…” Before she could finish her sentence Logan shot across the room, grabbing the white queen around the throat hoisting her in the air against the wall.

“Ever since I came back from Apocalypse its harder for a telepath to try and control me. You want to try Frail because I am in the mood to snap your neck right here. Don’t push it,” growled Logan. His fingers tighten around Emma’s throat as she gasps out.

“ Can..Can I help it if you..” Emma tries to swallow “you’re a coward when it comes to..to her.”

“Logan!” Cyclops actively states, his visor glowing red. “Put her down!”

Logan looks at the man named Cyclops, growling deeply. “Your lucky day Emma. I don’t feel like having Scooter mourn another woman. He drops her as he begins to walk out. Scott allowing him room to leave. He’ll talk to Logan later, but right now he had to check Emma.

“One day you’ll push to hard and he’ll kill you Emma.” Scott reluctantly explains. “What did you say to him?”

“Called him a coward,” Emma rubs her throat her voice sounding ruff.

“That was smart,” smirked Scott. “Why?”

“You and I both know why Love.” Coldly Emma began to rise.

“Ororo.” Scott places a hand near Emma’s neck examining it. He could see the bruises beginning to show on her fair skin. “Lets get you down to the lab so you can get something for that.”

“He is dangerous.”

“Yes he is but he’s on our side.” Replies Scott. “Do you want to know why Logan will not approach Ororo?”

“No.”

“He’s afraid, but not because he is a coward Emma. HE feels as though he won’t be able to protect her. Look at Silverfox, Mariko, all the women he cared for,” says Scott. “ They are all dead. Killed by Sabertooth or others.”

“Its not his fault Scott.”

“He doesn’t see it that way.”
--Outside”

“RROOAAAARRRRRR!!!!!”

“Oh great, sounds as though Logan had a round with Scott, or Emma, or both.” Kurt answers as he turns away from Ororo who had been working on her plants, enjoying the talk she and Kurt was having.

“I better go,” remarked Ororo as she brushed off her hands, that were caked in mud and soil.

“I know you can handle him Mein Freund, but perhaps he needs to calm down more.” Responds Kurt rubbing his head.

“No, I think I can handle him.”

“Would you like me to teleport you near him Schöne Frau?” (beautiful woman)
asks Kurt trying to be helpful.

At that moment Rachael walks into the green house, a smile on her face, mixed with an uncomfortable look in her eyes.

“Roro I think you might want to handle Logan before he slices out of his clothes, though it wouldn’t be a bad idea to wait. I can see what my mother saw in him.” Rachael giggles as she blushed, knowing Kurt was there. “His eyes, those muscles, that animal machismo. Makes a girl feel all warm and squishy inside.”

Kurt’s face told the story, a look of shock and dismay plastered on it. Ororo walked past Rachael as she thought. “Like mother like daughter.”

“I heard that.” Rachael mindspeaks to Ororo.

--The next afternoon----

Cyclops and Wolverine fly the blackbird toward New Orleans, both enjoying the quiet moment until Logan speaks….

“So why really are we goin ta New Orleans for this guy?” Logan opens up a file he had read recently.

“I told you, to ask him to join us.” Rebuffs Scott, his voice on edge. An edge Logan could see.

“Old friend?” Asks Logan.

“What?”
“You know him.” It was a statement not a question.

“You could say that.” Scott answered. “We went to school together.”

“At Xavier’s?” Logan asked.

“There were only five original X-Men Logan, but there were more students.”

“So tell me the story. What’s not in the mission brief.”

“He and I were friends, pretty good ones in fact. One day it changed and went down hill. He didn’t believe in the Professor’s goals, thought that they were as extreme as the other sides. Would say the Professor had his telepathic head up his astral ass.” Scott tenses as he explains to Logan. “That and I started to date is cousin Jean.”

Logan’s eyebrow raised slightly remembering Jean had spoken of her cousin Jack, though Logan never had the opportunity to meet him.

“Report says he’s a homicide cop in the big easy, has been for several years. Made Lieutenant faster than most, also says his mutant powers allow him to see into the past by reading objects, enhanced reflexes, some type of Danger sense like Spider-Man, also something to do with a type of reincarnation sense. Attended Xavier’s for three years, went to college at LSU.” Logan continues to read. “Also says he could see things astral as well as ethereal, followed by a type of photographic reflexes. Pretty interesting but why give a rat’s ass.”

“It’s also his knowledge and sharp mind we’ll need. That and I owe it to Jean.”

“Why is that?” Logan asked quizzically.

“They were close for awhile. Jack could always get her to laugh when we all could not. He was her stone in more ways than I ever was. He was the only real family she had left.”

“Well interesting as that is I take it the reason I’m here is to make sure you don’t do something you’ll regret One-Eye.”

“Yes.”

Meanwhile near Salem center, in Westchester County a confrontation is about to begin.


“Ororo please come to my office.” Emma telepathically spoke to the white haired Nubian princess named Ororo Monroe; the world though knows her as STORM.

“Emma can it wait? I was going to take a bath.” Ororo replied mentally. Today was a long day for her as she taught classes, as well as handled two disputes between different class teams. She could not remember when she felt so much stress. She took a deep breath as she actually could remember…”Last time Logan left.”

“Please,” insisted the white queen. “I have to speak to you.”

Ororo furrowed an eyebrow in amazement and slight apprehension. Emma and She did not try to pretend to get along, both women strong-willed and determined, although Emma was more materialistic and enjoyed drama more than she admitted. Every time Emma was near Ororo could feel her skin crawl with disgust, she still could not forgive Emma for what she did to Jean. She could remember seeing Jean upset and their conversation after Jean had called someone.

---Flashback---

“I know what I saw Jack. My husband is sleeping with that blonde Slut!” Jean’s voice a loud whisper, trying not to scream.

A slight pause over from Jean indicated she was listening to the person on the other end. Jean’s face visibly angst as she is listening to what this “Jack” had to say. “I know. The bad thing is I went to Logan and tried to seduce him.” Another pause. “No he told me it wasn’t like that anymore, and that he and I were only friends.”

Ororo heard Jean speak those words and her heart jumped. Logan told Jean they were only friends.

“I know it was stupid, God I hate Scott so much at this point. I just wanted to hurt him as much as he hurt me,” tears began to fall down the redhead’s cheeks. “What am I suppose to do Jack? I love him so much.”

“No you don’t need to come up here, your needed in New Orleans.” With this Ororo’s shock was evident. Who was Jean speaking too? Moreover, why was she listening to Jean’s private conversation?

At this point Ororo decided to make herself known to Jean. “Jean is there anything the matter?”

Jean looked toward Ororo and motioned for a moment as she finished with her conversation. “Thank you Cousin for listening. No, I don’t think it would be a good idea if I came down there either. You are married to your job and it wouldn’t be fair of me to dump on you. Hey look I need to go, I think I have someone here I can dump on.” Jean laughs slightly as she listens to the person. “No I don’t think Scott needs to be placed in a holding cell in the purple section over night. I love you too.”

Jean hung the phone up on the wall and ran over to ‘Roro gripping her tight. “Men are Assholes,” Jean says to Ororo as she cries a little more.

“Do you wish to go somewhere and talk Jean?” Ororo replies comforting Jean.

“Yeah I want to go get drunk,” answers Jean. “Men just make me want to become gay.”

Ororo laughs slightly as she and Jean begin to walk out of the mansion. “So what did your husband do?”

Jean looked into Ororo’s eyes and began to break down again. She looked as though her world was coming down around her. “He is sleeping with Emma.”

“What?!”

--Present”

Ororo knocked on Emma’s office door waiting for the blond ice queen’s voice. After a moment, she heard Emma say come in. As she entered the office, Emma was sitting at her large oak desk, a picture of Scott on the mantle behind her to the left. This was the Professor’s office and where the picture of Scott stands once stood the pictures of the X-Men. Ororo didn’t enjoy the fact that the White Queen had made herself at home.

“What do you need of me Emma Frost?” Ororo asked, her tone colder than usual.

“I don’t need anything from you Ororo,” Emma stated “ I wanted to speak with you.”

“About what?” Ororo didn’t sit down, she remained standing, her stance defiant and regal.

Emma grinned slightly, enjoying this posturing from Ororo. It was one of the things she enjoyed about Ororo. You knew where you stood with weather witch, much like the Wolverine.

“Actually three things. One Forge is coming to the mansion, he needs cerebra but also wished to speak to you. Two Logan went with Scott to New Orleans to try and get Jean’s cousin to come here and become head of the homicide division of the XSE. Three even though its none of my business personally but professionally it could harm this institute or the X-Men in general, what is going on between You, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, and Marvel Girl?”

Ororo was taken back by the White Queen’s direct line of information and her question. She quickly regained her composure though and began to speak.

“First I don’t really think Forge and I have anything to discuss, second the Professor tried to bring Jean’s cousin here more than once but was refused. What makes you think he will come now? Third, personally it is none of your business but professionally Kurt and I are only friends and he is like a brother to me. Logan.” She paused. “We are only friends.” Emma could hear the slight disappointment and ache in Ororo’s voice. “Rachael reminds me of her mother in many ways, though she possesses her Father’s tenacity.”

“I just wanted to tell you Forge was coming. That way you are not surprised, although he wanted it to be. I don’t owe him anything, and though he once was an X-Man he no longer is. What he does is none of my business as long as he doesn’t cause any undue waves within this school or team.” Emma turned to the window as she continues.” Jonathan was asked at the request of a letter from Jean. Scott went to deliver it personally.”

Emma’s eyes closed as she exhaled faintly harder, as though a greater weight was on her chest. “I don’t want to see Logan become hurt Ororo. Do you?”

“How dare you even use his name Queen,” Ororo was becoming furious. “ I know, more than you or any other, the depth of his heart. He is my best friend, something you don’t have experience in.” The clouds became dark, thunder rolled in the distance.

The last statement cut Emma like a dull knife, she didn’t show it. “I take it as a no then?”
Emma asked.

“You assumed right.” Ororo answered, her emotions being reeled in.

“I don’t need to be a telepath to know that you are in love with Wolverine. I suggest that you and he need to talk about it before something happens.” Emma got out of her chair, walking to the door. “Now if you will excuse me I have to finish up my paper work so I can evaluate the hellions.”

“What is your angle Emma?” Storm asks as she walks toward the door that is now being held open by Emma Frost.

“As hard as it is to believe Storm I actually have respect for you and Wolverine. Though I am not welcomed by this dysfunctional family I do what is best for you all out of the love I have for Scott.” With this Emma shut the door as Ororo made it in the hall.

Meanwhile in New Orleans’ lower ninth ward a tall blonde headed man walks into the coroner’s office. His name is Detective Jonathan Anthony Mitchell, he has worked for the greater New Orleans Police Department for ten years. He was born to Alexander Mitchell and Michelle Grey, his mother was John Grey’s sister. His cousin was Jean Grey, former member of the mutant terrorist known collectively as the X-Men. In his youth he even attended Xavier’s institute for the gifted to help control his mutation as did his cousin. His abilities were different from that of his cousin Jean in which hers included Telepathy and Telekinesis, his included heightened perception that includes post-cognition, a danger sense allowing him to feel danger seconds before an event happens, detail orientation, photographic and autographic memory, photographic reflexes, as well as some kind of reincarnation awareness. His second mutation was that he possessed reflexes at the speed of thought. His last mutation was some type of combat awareness that allowed him to match any person he faced move for move. Along with his photographic reflexes, his combat awareness allowed him to quickly become one of the greatest hand-to-hand combatants ever known.

“Morning Alan what’s the good word?” Jonathan asked the coroner. He had known Alan for a few years, they even hung out on their off time sometimes.

“Not the Saints that’s for sure.” Alan replied. “So are you on this case Jack?”

“Yeah placed on it an hour ago by the Lieutenant,” Jack looked at the bones on the table, found only days ago near Old River Road. It had began with the belated discovery of human remains reduced to the 206 component bones of the skeleton. Found near the forested area of River Park across the river, some scattered over twenty acres. Every last bone was recovered miraculously after an intensive five day search by police and more than ninety volunteers. The discovery made large headlines to the media as the “mystery bones” teased both sides of human nature. The entire city seemed to find something intimately sad and ultimately vulnerable about this unknown individual. No one knew whose life had been destroyed in that forest, nor how long they had been dead.

The basic nature of the person’s death, which had been learned was a woman, seemed in little doubt. With two thirds of the remains that was unearthed from a shallow grave after the other third had somehow reached the surface, one being snuffed out by a walking dog. Damage done to a number of the bones-fractured skull, crushed hyoid, chipped ribs, and more-further suggested the violence of foul play. But was the evidence antemortem, and therefore evidence of wounds inflicted by a murderer, or merely caused by postmortem scavengers and/ or environmental conditions? The answer was probably both, some damage caused by the murderer and some by scavengers, but which was which?

This all ran through Jacks head as he studies the bones of the Jane Doe who now made her home on the forensics table of Dr. Alan Moorehead.

“So are you ready to start Jackie boy?” replied Alan as he looked over at the Jane Doe.

“Ready? Always,” answers Jack methodically studies the bones vigilantly. “Was there any tissue left?”

“A little, I removed as much as I could before I boiled them clean. Before you ask I have the samples preserved.” Alan responded.

“It looks like a female European approximately twenty-five to thirty-five, five-seven to five-nine in height.” Says Jack.

“What else?” Alan asks.

“Other teeth features and bone conditions, including what appears to be a childhood leg fracture, further indicate a good diet, excellent dental and medical care, and a fairly sedentary lifestyle. In other words, a woman of relative privilege rather than deprivation. Her life was short but not hard.” Jack turns to look at Alan grinning and takes it that he wishes Jack to continue. “Well there is no bumps, calcified ridges, nicks, specific ware or noncongengenital deformities. A transversed crooked spine for example would be characteristic of a longtime postman slinging his heavy load over his shoulder. But if I had to make a guess this woman was either a neat-freak or devoutly religious.”

“Why is that?” Asked Dr. Moorehead.

“The patella.” Jack pointed to the knee joints, “And the tibia, both of them. This wear here and build up here-especially for someone her age-suggests she either prayed a lot, and I mean hours, or scrubbed every inch of her floor on a regular basis. She spent more time doing something on her knees, far more than the average person.”

“You know you missed your calling Jack.” Alan replied.

“So I have been told by a cousin. So what about the trauma?” Asks Jack as he looks at the fractured skull.

Alan lifted the skull as he began to speak…
“First we have the skull fractures in the occipital and right parietal regions, multiple and overlapping. It indicates the victim was struck several times, with different degrees of force, the angles suggest from behind by a right-handed individual wielding a blunt object and downward as well. She probably was stooped or seated when it happened. Then there is this,” Alan responds as he places the skull down and picks up a u shaped bone. “Crushed hyoid, typical of choking.”

“Usually by gouging thumbs.” Jack adds.

“Yeah. Also multiple chips and scoring to the carpus, metacarpus, radias, and ulna, all inflicted with a sharp instrument. Its all characteristic of defensive wounds.”

“Well that tells a lot.” Jack says as he places his hand on the skull. It happens immediately as he opens his mind to the history of this person. Flashes of insight that his mutant abilities give him, then after a moment, he sees her entire life. Her name was Nicole Melbourne, she was born in France to a family well off. She moved to America to come to college and met a man named Simon. She was in love with him, but she wanted more than Simon could offer. She broke it off with him, and he stalked her. HE felt the murder, saw it, lived it.

“COME OUT OF IT JACK JESUS!!” Yelled Alan, “I hate when you do that.”

“Yeah I know.” Jack rubs his head as if suffering from a headache.

“What did you see?”

“All of it.”

AS Jack replies to Alan the doors open casually to reveal a man in red glasses along with a short gruff man. The taller man looks at Jack, a grim expression on his face. In his hand a letter addressed to Jack. Jack is the first to say something…

“Scott been awhile. The wedding I believe?” asked Jack.

“Whose this?” Alan Asked.

“Jeans husband Scott and a friend; I believe the name is Logan, though we never met.”

-----So please tell me what you think.....
Lives Lived by Stormcrow
Lives Lived

Twenty minutes after Logan and Scott found Jack Mitchell----

“Why are you here Scotty boy?” Jack asked walking through the doors of the coroner’s office into the open.

“I told you to give you a letter written by Jean and to ask you to come back with us Jack.”
Scott replied as he adjusted his ruby quartz glasses, Logan watching in silence studying this new man.

“I will tell you like I told Xavier at the wedding last time I saw him.” He paused, “Not just no but Hell No!”

Logan smirked enjoying this attitude coming from Jean’s Cousin. ‘Too bad I never got to meet him before.’ Logan thought continuing to watch the exchange.

“Just read the damn letter will you.” Scott was visibly tense, almost agitated while dealing with Jack, it seemed almost like when he dealt with Wolverine. Scott handed the letter to Jack and said, when you want to just call. We will be staying at the Hyatt if you want to call us.

“Tell ya what Scott I’ll stay and play tag-a-long with Johnny here, you go rest up.” Logan intervened

“I am in the middle of this case Scott I can’t just drop and run.” Jack eyed the shorter man and smiled slightly. “I’ll call you when I’m finished either way okay?” He then turns around toward the man named Logan and smirks. “I always heard you were a loner, why do you want to come with me?”

“Maybe ta convince ya ta come back with us.” Logan stared at Jack intently. Jack knew this was a challenge, the stare that is. Jack smiled never looking away from those eyes of steel gray and slight amber. In those he could see lives lived, through the past as a warrior, a leader, a husband, a lover, a killer, a father. It was not just this life of Logan, however long it was, Jack saw other lives lived by other names. Logan’s soul was old.

“Then are you coming? I need to finish this case,” replies Jack as he walks over to a black and chrome 1970 Dodge Charger.

“Nice car.” Logan answers as he follows the blonde-haired person headed man.

“Figured you’d like it.”

Meanwhile to the Northeast in a place called Westchester County an alert sounds…

“What is it Emma?!” shrieks Sean Cassidy better known as BANSHEE, the door to the war room slides open as Alex Summers better known as HAVOC, Ororo Monroe-STORM, Henry McCoy-BEAST, and Sam Guthrie- CANNONBALL come in as well.


“There seems to be an attack by the new GENE NATION at a research facility near Albany.” Emma answers as she turns to the others coming in. “Havoc and Storm I want you to get your team up now. Take Marko, Rachael, Robert, McCoy” she turns to the blue feline form standing near her “ your along for technical, Sam and Paige. Get moving people reports indicate that they are worse than before.”

“WHAT?!” snaps Ororo, “Gene Nation can’t be responsible.”

“Why Storm? Because they have been inactive for awhile?” Snaps Emma. “Get going people.”

Moments later Blackbird-3 launches from the hidden hanger cliff side breaking the sound barrier seconds afterward.

“Okay people we’ll be there in three minutes. Cannonball, Storm, Iceman and I will take first strike option. Juggernaut, Beast, Marvel Girl, and Husk come in hot as soon as you land the bird. If I remember anything about the old Gene Nation this is going to get ugly real fast.” Havoc commands as he turns to the rest of his team.

“You’re the boss.” Replies Henry as he continues to pilot the jet.

“Storm I want you to create a nice storm to cause some confusion. Cannonball you and I will come in low and fast, Iceman make sure they can’t get a foot hold.”

“Do you think this wise Alex?” asks Ororo “What if they have hostages?”

“That’s why I need that confusion factor. If they do we can catch them off guard.” Alex answers looking to Ororo, her eyes showed worry.

“’Roro you okay?” asks Alex.

“I am fine I just have this feeling.” Ororo responds as she looks forward.

“Don’t worry Ma’am we’ll take them out and quick,” Sam replies as he grins, his country-boy accent coming through on a thick draw.

“Last I heard these guys were killed by that nut Agent Zero.” Says Paige Guthrie.

“Well we all know how well anyone truly dies.” Answers Beast “Havoc were approaching the research facility.”

“X-Men lets ride!” Havoc exclaims as he, Storm, Iceman, and Cannonball launch themselves from the Blackbird.

“Does he always have to say something like dat?” Asks Juggernaut as the airlock closes.

Meanwhile at the research facility---
“So tell me why we’re doin dis again?” asks a large green being with exoarmor and blades over his body. HE stands easily at 8 feet.

“Because these flatscans have information on a genetic virus that targets a certain G-Nome XANTHAS,” Answers a grotesque blue goblin looking being with yellow eyes.

“Enough talk, kill, feed.” Responds a 3 foot tall hairball that resembles what appears to be a creature from the movie Critters. Its large red eyes focus on a man in a coat. It’s short arms raise up and his hand spreads, a tentacle fires out with a mouth on the end. It grabs the man’s chest and the human screams in agony. “Yes…More.”

“HEMOGOBLIN enough, I want you Mortis, Xanthas and Enoch to make sure we don’t have any surprises coming.” Responds a man made what appears to be silver or mercury.

“Who made you boss CRUGER?” The one dubbed Hemogoblin asks.

“Care to try me furball?” answers Cruger as his eyes glow with a sickly green aura.

“Not today.” Hemogoblin replies as he rolls away, dropping the human who is now aged by thirty decades.

Then through a mind link Cruger receives a message..
‘Boss man we have company coming.’

‘Whom and which way?’ thinks Cruger

‘South and it appears to be the X-Men.’

‘Thank you HARBINGER. Tell the others.’

Cruger then turns to another scientist grinning, replies “Where is the information I seek flatscan?”

“I don’t know what your talking about.” The human says, terror in his voice.

“Oh come now after all your research created us.” Answers Cruger as he points his finger toward the scientist. “I could take the information from you but I think you want to give it on your own.”

“What are you?”
“To sound cliché, your worse nightmare. A mutant enhanced to the next level.” With this said Cruger’s finger morphs into ten micro wire filaments, plunging into the man’s head through his eyes, nose and ears. The screams become hell born.

Seconds later lightning flashed across the sky and the winds picked up. The Gail was such that the trees bent, nearly breaking, the rain fell feeling as though they were needles hitting the skin. Then a blast of plasma slammed into the tall, monolithic frame of the one called Xanthas, sending him into a wall.

“RRAAARRRRHHHHHHH!!!!” the fireball called Hemogoblin launches himself toward the unwanted intruder called Havoc only to be frozen in the air by an ice blast from Iceman.

“Hey it’s a little Wolverine.” Chuckles Bobby as he slides toward Havoc.

“Well give it credit, It was able to jump against 100 mile an hour winds being directed at them.” Answers Storm as she throws a bolt of lightning toward the green creature named Mortis, only to witness the creature absorb the blast.

“That’s all you got weather bitch!” exclaims Mortis as he places his hand on the earth. “Try this!”

The earth jolted up around Havoc and Iceman knocking them off balance. Then a huge fly swatter made of Earth and rock begins to fall upon them only to be detonated by Havoc’s energy blast.

“That’s not fair!” Replies Mortis.

“Don’t cry Fowl, Cry HAVOC!” Alex exclaims as he unleashes an unrelenting plasma beam toward Mortis.

“Oh Crap.” Mortis replies as he quickly raises a wall of rock in front of him. The blast destroys the wall as well as part of the building behind it. Mortis is not there.

Then ice shatters as Hemogoblin breaks out of his ice prison, launching an attack toward Storm with barbed needles that fired like missiles from his back.
“Aagghh.” Storm was hit by one of the barbs as she had dodged out of the way in her leg, instantly her extremity became numb, paralyzed.

---Back in New Orleans----

“So where are we going Jack?” Asks Logan as they turn off of Poydras Street onto North Johnson heading toward Tulane Avenue.

“The body of the young woman was found last week. She was European, due to her bone structure and the way the teeth were kept she was well off with medical care. I also know that she was murdered by strangulation though she received a blow to her head from a male. There were chips also on the fore-arms and ribs indicating attempts to defend but they failed. Her height indicated that she was about 5’7 to 5’9. From the skull and the fracture it was from a man about three inches taller than she making him about 6’. Then there is the fact that I cheated….” Says Jack to Logan.

“Huh?”

“One of my abilities. Post Cognition. Her name is…was Nicole Melbourne; her husband was named Simon Melbourne. It was a murder of passion and I know that there has been four other attacks like this one over the last six months.”

With this he picks up his radio from the dash and calls in…”This is 12 Delta 7 I need a name trace on one Simon Melbourne. Last known address unknown, lived in New Orleans within the last four years.”

“Roger that we will get back to you Lieutenant.” A voice replied over the radio.

“Now what?” asks Logan.

“Lunch.” Replies Jack as he turns onto Tulane making a right, then making another right a little later on South Claiborne. “I know of a great little burrito place called Kokopellies.”

“Burritos?” Logan replies

“Yeah they’re the size of your arm in width and about 8 inches long.”
Jack answers with a smile on his face.

Just then his radio responds…”12 delta 7 this is 7 Hotel 2 over.”

Jack exhales slightly as he gets the radio and presses the button. “This is he.”

“We have a possible location of the suspect. He lives at 1243 North Johnson.”

“Thanks.” Jack looks back and grins “We just got off that street. Damn!”

Minutes later Jack and Logan drive up to the address they walk up and knock. “Logan can you go around back for a moment incase.”

“Yeah I gotcha.” Logan walks around toward the back using an alley on the right side of the house.

A moment later the door opens to reveal a man who stands about 6’. He leaves the screen locked between Jack and himself.

“May I help you?” asks the man wearily.

“Yes sir my name is Lieutenant Jack Mitchell may I come in? Its about Nicole Melbourne. ” Jack replies showing the badge.

“You find out about my mother?” The gentleman asked, seeming to hold a great deal of anticipation.

“Are you Mr. Melbourne?” Jack asks

“Yes.”

“May I come in and talk for a moment sir?” Jack looking behind the man into the house, then studying him as well.

“Oh sorry, come in.” With this, Simon unlocks the screen door.

After a moment, Jack looks at everything in the house as he swipes his hand across a picture and the vision envelopes him….

After a moment, he looks at the young man no more than twenty-six. “Sir is your father still alive?”

“No he died three months ago of a heart attack.”

“We found her remains and just now was able to place a possible ID on her. She was found on the west bank.”

“She was the bones found?”

“Yes.”

“Do you know what happened?”

“She was murdered but I can’t tell you what really happened.” Jack walks toward the back door and opens it. “Logan I’ll meet you at the car in a moment.”

Logan who had been standing in the middle of the yard shook his head and went back to the charger. “Hnh.”

After a minute or two Jack walked out of the house to the car. His face was emotionless.” I hate this job sometimes.”

“What happened?” Logan asks, a look of confusion on his face.

“It was the boy’s father. He killed her trying to stop her form going out. I couldn’t tell the son that.”

“So where too?”

“Does Xavier still live at the mansion?”

“No.”

“Who runs the place?”

“Scotty and Emma.”

“Great.”

“Is Hank and Bobby still there?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay I’ll try it for a while. I’ll be there in two weeks.”

Back at Albany----

“Your so lucky Wolverine ain’t here bud.” Snaps Juggernaut as he power bombs Xanthas into the concrete.

“Alright people that’s the last of them I think.” Havoc replies” Hank, Bobby and Paige check inside.”

Seconds later the X-Men hear a voice in their minds as they lock up…”Sorry X-Men we can’t stay.”

With that the fallen Gene Nation disappear as a field of energy surrounds them. “DAMN it’s a teleportation effect.” Sam replies.

“Find out what they got Paige and Hank.” Commands Alex.

Two weeks later---

The doorbell rings as Ororo answers it. As she opens the door she sees a blond-headed man standing six foot even. His hair spiked and wild, his eyes blue as the sky, his goatee blonde as his hair with a single black stripe down the middle. He is wearing a tan shirt and dark blue jeans.

“Hello Ororo,” Jack replies. Ororo hugs him, her embrace warm, then Jack sees something…..
The year is 1900 in Alberta Canada, near a rock quarry. He sees it all. He sees Logan, kissing her, the woman with red hair. Her name is..was Rose and it was Ororo.

He backs away and says..”Does Rose ring a bell?”

As he says this Logan who is walking by hears the name Rose and stops.

“Rose.”


So give me feed back....
continiued circles by Stormcrow
Continuing Circle

“Rose?”

“Why did you call me that?” asked Ororo her eyes searching for an answer.

“Yeah Jackie,” intercepts Logan walking toward the pair.

“Sorry it was something I picked up from her. A woman with red hair, young in Canada I think near the turn of the twentieth century.” Answers Jack, “Did I say something?”

“Not really.” Logan walks away, visibly upset. Ororo just looking at the gruff man as he leaves.

“I’m sorry Ororo. Usually that happens when I touch a person with an old soul.” Jack explains as he continues to stand at the door. “May I come in?”

“Oh sorry Jack its been awhile. How are you?”

“Better. How is Rembrandt?” Jack asks as he enters the mansion of Xavier.

“He is presently with Rogue out in the Garden.” Ororo says turning to meet Jack’s stride.

“Is Hank or Bobby ‘round?”

“You sound as if you are investigating again Jack like the last time you were here.”

---Flashback---

Scott and Jean’s wedding three years ago---

“There’s my cousin in white.” Jack replies as he eyes the recently Jean Grey-Summers.

The scene is quiet near the stream far from the festivities. They stand near the old hickory bridge near the woods.

“You remember when we all use to come out here when we were younger Jonathan?” Jean asks, she is sitting on the grass ten feet away from the stream.

“Yeah, it was cruel.” Jack laughs slightly remembering, “The old man couldn’t come out here with his wheel chair so it gave us time away from him.”

“Those were simpler times John.” Jean looks up at her cousin, her smile not truly reaching her eyes.

“What’s wrong Red?” Jack sits down next to her in his black suit.
“Sometimes I think you made a better decision than I did when you left not becoming an X-Man.” Jean lays her head on her cousin’s shoulder sighing.

“Look at all the good you have done, all of you. Me I am a cop in New Orleans who sees the grittier side of life.” Jack places an arm around her, “Besides why are you thinking like that. You’re finally married to anal master.”

“I know.” Jean laughs at the nickname Jack had given Scott years ago. “I just wish all of my family was here to see this.”

“Yeah I know, I was looking forward to finally meeting that guy called Wolverine. Reminds me of a wrestler.”

“He had to find himself was all.” Jean answers

“Well I don’t blame him, he had pretty bad injuries if I remember right.”

“Yeah.”

“So is that his letter he left for you?” Jack asks looking at the crumbled up letter in her hand.

“Yeah I just got around to looking at it.” Jean answers.

After awhile Jack and Jean hears two voices from down the trail and Jean smiles, “Remy and Ororo must be looking for us.”

“Correction cuz, they are looking for you.” Jack replies.

Minutes later Remy comes up with Ororo at his side smiling that Cajun, seductive smile he had. The one that drove all the women wild, the one only he could do.

“So Coon-ass you found us at last, just when I was going to steal her away.” Jack playfully says looking at Remy.

“Yeah ‘dat be da day Jackie.” Remy answers as he holds out his hand to the two. His eyes full of mirth.

“You two act as though you know each other.” Jean responds seeing the fondness that the two men had for each other.

“Ya could say dat chere.” Remy replies. “Jackie here be da best cop in New Orleans.”

“No I’m just not one of the many corrupted.” Jack says playfully. “In fact I am also the only cop that can say that captured you and your young pandat in crime but decided to let go after you and Ororo here helped me.”
Jean looks at the three people in front of her in astonishment. She never knew that Remy, Ororo and Jack knew each other. “When did this happen?”

“Before Ororo’s growth spurt.” Jack says as the three of them laugh and giggle.

“Actually it was he who helped give Remy the clues that I was the Storm of the X-Men.” Answers Ororo as she softens her laughter slightly.

“Dat reminds Remy, ya husband be look’n fer ya Red.” Gambit says “Jack, ya want ta come wit dis ol’ Cajun and two beauties ta get drinks non?”

“OUI aussi longtemps que je suis arrière premier pour mon avion mon vieil ami.”(1) Answers Jack, speaking a broken form of French.

“Vous parlez toujours le puits acadien mais travail de besoin calme. non?”(2)

Jack laughs as he turns to Ororo and replies “He is your brother gorgeous.”

---The Present---

“UNCLE JACK!!!” exclaims a voice in a high shrill. Rachael runs into the foyer hugging Jack in a death grip.

“Good to see you too Rach.” Jack says nearly chocking. “How’s my favorite relative?”

“Better now you’re here. Are you staying?” Rachael’s voice showing how excited she was.

“Maybe.”

“Well come on, our trainer is going to get all huffy if we aren’t there.” Rachael replies as Ororo’s eyes open widely.

“Yes we all know how Logan is when people are late.”

Later in the danger room sitting on bleachers sit Rachael, Kurt, Ororo, Bishop, Jack, Remy and Rogue with Logan standing on the floor with bo staff in his hand. Logan’s scowl telling everything when the door opens and Kitty and Peter walk in.

“Your late Cat.”

“Sorry we lost track of time.” Kitty says as she and the large Russian sit down.

After a few minutes after Logan replies that the X-Men need more work on their hand to hand combat and not relay on their powers as much, he and Ororo were facing off swinging sticks after a small kiss. Jack smiles a little but then notices Kurt slightly slouch. After a few seconds Ororo finds her self on her butt and Logan helping her up.

“Anyone else?” Logan replies as he places his hand on Ororo’s back guiding her back to the bleachers.

“How bout you Bishop?” Logan asks throwing him the stick Ororo had recently.

“I’ve studied all your moves in history class Logan this might not be fair.” Bishop retorts.

Within minutes the two warriors clash, each stick striking hard, fast and without mercy. Then as if in slow motion, Bishop hits Logan in the face and the wolverine flips into the air, to the waiting ground. That is when they all heard a roar as glass shatters from the control booth and the group witnesses a feral X-23.

“RRWWWWWWRRRRRR!”

Without a wasted motion Jack intercepts this new player, X-23 swipes savagely into the air, but Jack moves as if she had moved slowly. As X-23’s arm passes a side stepped Jack she feels a hand on her wrist, then her shoulder as weight presses down on her, threatening to break her shoulder if her bones could break.
She hits the ground hard and throws up her leg backward, her claw extended, trying to kick her assailant. It does no good as the pressure is released only to have the feeling on her ankle being grabbed and she being thrown into the wall. Before she can recover though, she is telekinetically captured by Rachael and placed under with a telepathic jolt.

“Nice moves Jack.” Replies Logan as he comes up from behind. “That’s what I was trying to get across people.”

Later that day----

Jack has settled into his room as he hears a knock on the door. HE walks over and opens it only to see the white-haired woman named Ororo standing there.

“Hello ‘Rose I mean ‘Ro.” Jack says as he stands aside allowing her to enter. “What brings you here?” HE sees her body posture as calm, her eyes though showing her apprehension.”

“You said earlier that you only encounter those flashes that strong with an old soul.”
Ororo speaks as she stands in the middle of the room.

“Yes. The older the soul, the stronger the reincarnation sense is. With you and Logan its stronger than most.” Jack replies as he sits in a chair near his desk.

“Can you see other lives lived?” Ororo asks. Her voice calm with an underlay of tension. ‘She wishes to know more than she asks.’ Thinks Jack, as he asks her “Would you want to know? I can show you.”

“How?” Ororo says, she begins to fidget.

“Its like a play that you live and I can see. Its like a telepathic link without the telepathy.”

“Yes I would like to know Jack.”

“Alright.”

---5500 years ago---
It is what the modern world knows as the Gerzean Period of Egypt, the place is what will be called Nubia in Southern Africa as a large regiment of soldiers march the open savanna. They are dressed in ancient Egyptian uniforms holding Kopeshes (3) and shields. In the distance stands a man clad as a general, his black hair growing wild, his eyes amberoid hazel. His name is Sekwaskhet Aa and he has been a soldier for most of his life. He rose through the ranks, becoming general within fifteen years. His king, a man named Ramses, has ruled over Nubia for ten years.

“The northerners are coming closer.” Replies a woman’s voice from behind him.

The man smiles, knowing who she is and why she is there. Ramses was an odd man, who saw that women could fight as well as men and placed a program into effect that allowed women to become officers. Her name Netikerty meant literally “she who is excellent” and that she was. She was a match for Sekwaskhet in the sword and bow as well as riding and strategy. She was also unusual in the fact that she had white hair and blue eyes. Her Nubian beauty unrivaled by any in the land.

“Yes they are. Prepare for a long battle.” Sek responds as he turns to the woman Netikerty. “So how is our son my wife?”

“He is well. HE leads the 23rd regiment this day.”

“Good.” With this Sek walks close to her and kisses her on her lips softly, his short stature and gruff exterior showing years of sun and weathering.

The present----

“My Goddess. Logan and I were married.” Ororo looks back to Jack as he rubs his head.

“Actually you two are more than that.”

“What were we.”
“It’s a rare thing Ororo and if what I have heard is right when the first ten thousand souls were awaken within man they were evenly distributed into men and women. Those first were given to each other. As they died and returned their mates from the first time circled back with them. The rarity is that you and Logan are soulmaltes.”


1) yes as long as I am back early to catch my plane old friend.

2) You still speak cajun well but still need work no

3) Kopesh is an ancient sword style used by the Egyptians during the bronze age.
Never the time by Stormcrow
Always the Time


“The rarity is that you and Logan are soul mates.”

Ororo stares at Jack for only a few moments, her mind racing with what she had just seen through Jack’s reincarnation senses. She could remember the first time she met Logan, how gruff he was, how wild. She misjudged him as murderers as she, with Kurt, had witnessed him kill those guards in the savage land all those years ago. She then began to know him and found herself moved by him. That was a lie though, she loved him when she first saw him but found her attraction unable to over come their supposed view of life. He loved Jean though for so long. As Ororo began to contemplate these thoughts Jack brings her back to reality.

“Ororo Logan cared for Jeannie only due to the fact that he was reminded of someone in his life long ago.” Jack sat down at his desk turning his padded leather chair in a circle, playfully. “Let me explain this to you in terms that I understand okay.”

“Alright.”

“Have a seat first, I hate it when people stand and not make themselves comfortable. Tells a lot about them, the way they are if you know what I mean.” Jack replies

“You and Jean.” Ororo laughs as she finds a seat on his bed.

“Everything moves in cycles and circles. When humankind became more than an animal and became aware they received what has come to be called the gift of souls. That’s what some mystics and Romaine call it anyway.”

“Romaine?” Asks Ororo.

“Romaine are referred to mostly as Gypsies but that was mistakenly called Gypsy because many believed they were from Egypt hence the term Gypsy. However, they really came from the north reaches of India. Anyway, I am getting off track here. The gift of souls was given to the first Ten thousand. From those ten thousand sprang the human race. Well here tell legends and myths when the first of a sentient race raise they are immortal in a sense. Their souls are recycled so to speak, always touching more people but also to be with their first loves. Soul Mates, but in this world true soul mates are rare due just by the population size of Earth.” Jack stops and looks at Ororo as an expression formed on her face.

“So what you are saying is true?” Ororo asks

“I can’t tell you if it is true, hell according to Hank we all came from these giant beings miles high called Celestials whose reasons are not really known at all.” Jack replies with a smirk.
“Speaking of Henry he and Bobby are looking for you because they want a reunion of some kind.” Ororo says as she rises from her seat. “I have a lot to think about though Jack due to what you have shown me.”

“I don’t really think so Ororo. You already knew your feeling for him, and wondered if it was right. Well it is, as ordained by whatever powers you hold dear Hun. All I can say is what Jean once told you, swallow that pride and tell him because he may just be to stubborn to do it himself.” Jack responds as he walks Ororo to his door.

Ororo stops and turns to the man named Jack and asks a question that she wanted an answer to for awhile.

“What were Beast and Iceman saying about a reunion?”

“That would be our old garage band but that was a long time ago.”

“Hank, Bobby and you were in a band?” Ororo begins to laugh as the pair walk in the hall.

“Yeah well we were young and it just wasn’t we three it was Warren too. Slim couldn’t play anything to save his life and Jeanie was well tone deaf.”

“I know.” Ororo laughs a little more when she stops as she gets a message from Emma.

“Ororo assemble your team, Wolverine and X-23 went to Canada a few hours ago and I lost contact with Logan.”

******** ******* ********** ********** *********

Three days later the mutant named Northstar falls by the claws of a man that was an X-Man. He is no longer such though as his mind and soul are now held prisoner by the mysterious Hand, an organization of assassins and Ninjas. Days ago he was called Logan, James Howlett, Wolverine now he is a puppet due to the fact that he died and was brought back. Now he has come home to kill the X-Men by the order of those dark ones called the Hand. Standing in front of the mansion though is a tall blonde haired man dressed in a dark gray and green outfit. His boots are dark gray with leather straps, on torso a dark green strip out stretches to his shoulders. His gloves are green with what appears to be three spikes on his forearms. On his upper left chest area is embellished red “X”. His name is Jonathan Mitchell but as a member of the X.S.E. he is now called REFLEX. He knows what must be done, behind him stands an old man named Stick and is apprentice Electra. Without any words, the men named Wolverine and Reflex stare at each other. A battle ensuing in their minds is titanic, almost an opera.

With a growl, the battle begins and the two gladiators meet headlong. This scene was played out on more than on occasion through the millennia as these souls who greatly respected each other had to fight each other. Each time the ending was different, each winning, each losing. One such battle is of myth and Legend, the war of Troy. One was the man named Hector, the other Achilles. The last time though was vicious, the last time one was an Indian from the Mohawk tribe the other a soldier. Now they have come full circle once again, crossing adamantium claws and gauntlets as sparks fly. Flurries of punches and kicks miss, block, and land on each other though neither gives quarter. Wolverine is a mindless killing machine, and Reflex cannot allow him to pass him. Logan has an edge though, his healing factor, Jack with his enhanced reflexes, danger senses, and fighting ability is still only human so to speak. He will fatigue, unable to hold for hours or even twenty minutes moving as they are. They move quicker than the eye can follow, neither gaining ground. Then it happens, a claw gashes Reflexes side as a bladed gauntlet stabs Wolverine in the throat, ripping the jugular. Wolverine roars as he blindly throws a swing, Reflex catching the extended wrist, then turning it inward, bending Wolverine’s elbow downward, shoving the three one foot claws into Wolverine’s own stomach. With a howl, Wolverine falls, and Reflex falls with him. His side torn open, his suit’s armor able to withstand the majority of it but for a man without a healing factor the wound is bad. Jack places his hand full of his own blood, onto Logan, as Stick rushes over to the fallen warriors. Jack fades into unconsciousness as he hears the old man say…

“Rest now I can do the rest.”

“Sure Yoda.” Answers Jack.


It has been four days since Ororo’s team returned from the Savage land where they had followed the Raptor like people, who had ambushed X-23 and Wolverine in Canada. Many things have changed, with Ororo giving up her leadership role to Peter and Bishop. Whatever happened there affected Ororo more than many could think, save one man. He now stands behind her in her green house. His name is James Howlett, the Wolverine, but to her he is simply Logan.

“Ya want ta talk about it ‘Ro?”

“Not really. How about you Logan?” She asks.

“Besides the shame no not really.”

“It wasn’t your fault Logan.”

“It wasn’t yours either Ro.”

“So where does that lead us next old friend?”

“As long as yer close ah don’t care.”

“I…I don’t know what you mean Logan?” Ororo turns to the man she knows she loves, her heart races and she curses that fact because she knows Logan can hear it.

“When Ah was deep into the darkness alone ah heard you scream, losing control. I also saw myself here ‘Ro.” Logan’s eyes reflect the sorrow he feels deep in his heart. Ororo can see it. “Ah was wild, Ah couldn’t control that. I tried. In the end, I had to be stopped but the cost was high. It was the same fer you too ‘Ro.”

“I think it was too Logan.” Ororo looked down at the dirt looking as though she was staring at an object there. After several minutes, Logan spoke softly.

“Jack, he did something as we laid on the ground. He touched me or somethin’ and Ah saw things.”


There is nothing but a white surreal landscape as Logan looks out trying to scan the horizon of nothingness. His senses are dull, his mind clear yet lacking. He is confused, not aware of where he is but aware he is where he stands. It is that moment that he hears a voice, one of comfort, from behind him. Logan turns as if in slow motion, his image dragging to catch up to the original. It is then he sees the man standing there, the man with blond hair and blue eyes.

“We are in the place in-between Logan.”

“Jack?” Logan asks his voice slightly echoing.

“We are just out of sync with the astral plane and the prime material in the ether. At least some call it the ether, I call it the In-Between.”

“Why are we..” Logan begins to say as Jack finishes…

“Here?” Jack smiles a little “We have just fought Logan, to the death so to speak. We both sustained wounds that are potentially deadly to people without a healing factor. I brought you here to witness certain events from cycles past where your soul has traveled. In this place, seconds are days minutes are weeks. In this place I can explain to you the cycle.”

“We were fighting? Yeah Ah remember but why?” Logan asks. His images becoming more in harmony with each other.

“That I don’t really know, only the woman and old man who appeared minutes ahead of you know that.” Jack looks away from Logan for a mere moment and then returns to look at the man named Wolverine, his eyes carrying a burden never seen before. “Look that way Logan and see where your soul has tread before.”

“Why do Ah feel like Scourge and the spirits of Christmas?’ Logan replies as he looks too where Jack pointed.

Where Logan looks out in to where a white void of nothingness was now a rocky shore and ruins of an old Greek temple may have stood. Logan stares at two men fighting with wooden swords and bronze helmets. One of the men is well versed in the art of war; the other is good but needs improvement. Within seconds, the second man is disarmed by the first and both laugh as they take off their helmets.

“Good Alexander your improving.” Replies the man who was the victor. He stands 5’10” tall; his hair is a sandy brown, his features well chiseled.

“Not as good as you though cousin.” Answers Alexander. He is about the same build as the first though his hair is lighter in color.

Logan looks on for a moment then turns to Jack with questions in his eyes.
“Who are they?”

“The younger is Alexander the older one is his cousin Achilles. Though if it makes it easier to know.” Jack waves his hand over the scene, changing the people. “Have you ever heard of the term Karma Logan?”

Logan looks at the two people now with his eyes in widen astonishment. The people, the one called Alexander turns into a Japanese American girl he knows well. Her name is Jubilation Lee. The other is He. Jack continues with his monologue…..

“We all have passed each other in other lives, from a brief instant to a life time. When we have wronged each other in one life it carries over so to speak in the next cycle until we can correct it. It is a bond that each soul has, which in some way is a divine joke. Each soul is cast from a type of cauldron from the first ten thousand, and each circles each other like characters written in an ageless play. Just each cycle of life the play changes slightly.

With this then scene changes to a boat to a man with blond hair and blue eyes looking westward. The man would be Jack the present but now he is a warrior prince. Soon a young man comes up from behind nervously. His features are reminiscing of Scott Summers the man called Cyclops.

“Brother I have something I must tell you.”

“What is it Paris?”

“I’m in love?”

“With whom this week little brother?”

“It’s not like that Hector. Its real this time. She is here on the ship now.”

“What?!”

Minutes later the man called Hector is standing in from of a blond headed woman, her eyes are ice blue, she is Emma Frost or she appears to be too the observer Logan. In this time she is Helen.

“You fool! Do you not know that this will start a war?” Hector yells “We must turn around at once if we can.”

“No brother don’t you understand? We are in love.”

“I am sorry Lord Hector but if you send me back I will kill myself.” The woman named Helen replies.

“Are you say’n Jack that I was Achilles and you were Hector? And that Scott and Emma started it?” Asks Logan turning toward Jack.

Jack scratches his nose slightly wrinkling it. “It isn’t Scott and Emma Logan, just there souls from another life.”

“No wonder I don’t really care for Emma or Scooter very much.” Laughs Logan as he turns back to the scene. Now he sees himself and others storm a beach, slaying many Trojans in his wake. Then he storms the temple of Apollo decapitating the golden statue of said god. Seconds later a woman charges him only to be knocked to the ground and a sword to her throat. Her eyes are ice blue her color caramel. Logan would know her as Ororo Monroe but here she is Persephone, cousin to Hector and Paris. Later the two become lovers and Achilles decides to leave the war, it is not in him to continue a war he does not truly believe in.

Within a week though he changes his mind after Hector kills his cousin Alexander in battle, Alexander pretended to be his cousin and paid the price. The following day Achilles himself kills Hector in one to one combat. Later he releases the one woman he ever loved, Persephone, and letting the body of her cousin leave with Hector’s father, who resembles Charles Xavier. Weeks later the walls of Troy fall as they are fooled by the gift called the Trojan Horse. That night Achilles slays the man who he was working for named Agamemnon, saving the woman he loved only to be killed by Paris.

Logan feels a hand on his shoulder and hears Jack’s voice as if it were fading..

“She and you are soul mates Logan. You were from the beginning when the first ten thousand souls were given to man as a gift. Ororo needs you, loves you as you love her, get it right this time. You had your chance when you were younger as well but fate intervened and you lost your Rose, but your Rose is your Ro. That was why you called Ororo that. It wasn’t because you had trouble with her name. You knew it was Rose when you saw her that first time but the likeness in your subconscious pushed you to Jean. Make it right Logan; believe me we will just have to repeat it again over and over until we do.”

With this the world becomes black for the man named James Howlett, the man who is Logan, the mutant Wolverine.



“What did you see Logan?” Ororo asks her friend, her confidant.

“Something that assured me that no matter what ya will be here with me, fer me and it was time Ah stopped runn’n and be the man ya want me ta be.” Logan replies as he moves his hand to embrace Ororo’s.

Ororo looks at him with puzzlement in her blue eyes and her breath catches as she feels his lips touch hers. The passion pushing past her heart embracing her soul, her mind freezes, her wall crumbles as she kisses him back. “Marry me darlin.” Logan asks. “Ah can’t promise we won’t fight, and Ah can’t promise Ah may not be the most understanding but I can promise I will always be here to catch you and love you like no other in this world, past present or future.”

Ororo’s eyes tear up as she embraces this man of the wilds. The only legible word from her is “YES” as the clouds darken and thunder claps in rejoice, rain falls as angels cry in triumph.

Seven months later…….

“Tell me why we are here again Ro?” Logan asks his recently betrothed as they enter Harry’s.

“The band I’ve wanted to hear is playing tonight.” Ororo playfully kisses her husband.

“Yeah I know but we could have just had then play at the mansion.”

Inside Harry’s the crowd claps and whistles as the band plays on stage. The members are all to familiar as all of the X-family along with some Avengers are present. Tony Stark walks over to the shorter Logan and his Wife and smiles…

“I have to admit it they are good Logan.”

“Yeah I guess they are Tony.”

On drums Warren Worthington III, otherwise known as Archangel, On lead guitar strums the ever cool Bobby Drake, playing bass is the man named Henry McCoy. Singing is the man named Jack Mitchell….
“Alright this is for someone who just got married only a few weeks ago and her husband asked if I would sing it for her. So if you all don’t mind a change in venue I want them to come up and dance as well.” Jack says smiling.

“Ah hell.” Logan replies as he feels Ororo hug him.

“You said you didn’t want to come.”

“Well had to make ya believe it didn’t I.”

“Okay let me just tell you that this song was written by Mick Mars of Motley Crue for a good friend of his Tommy Lee and his then wife Heather Locklear or so the story goes but any tonight its for you Ororo Monroe-Howlett from your husband,…”

“Without you there’s no change
Night and day are gray
If I reached out to touch the wind
It wouldn’t feel the same

Without you I’d feel lost
I’d slip down from the top
I’d slide down so low you’d
Never never know

Without you, without you
I’m a sailor lost at sea
Without you my love
The world comes down on me

Without you in my life
I’d slowly wilt and die
With you by my side
You’re the reason I am alive

With you by my side
You’re the reason I am alive
But without you without you

Bobby begins his guitar solo as Ororo holds Logan in her arms. “You know its true ‘Ro.”
Says Logan in an unusually quite, somber tone. “When I was hurt from Magneto you brought me back.”

Without you my hope is small
Never leave me all alone
Let the fires rage inside
Know that someday you’ll know
Without you, without you
I’m a sailor lost at sea
Without you my love
The world comes down on me

Without you in my life
I’d slowly wilt and die
With you by my side
You’re the reason I am alive

With you by my side
You’re the reason I am alive
But without you without you

I could face a mountain
But I could never climb alone
I could start another day
But how many I just don’t know

You’re the reason the sun shines down
And the nights are not so cold
Only you when we are young
Only you when we grow old

“You helped me come back from me beast Ororo, you helped me when no others could. I felt like I had died when Vargas wounded you. If something ever happened to you I don’t know what I would do. I love you ‘Ro.”

Without you in my life
I’d slowly wilt and die
With you by my side
You’re the reason I am alive

With you by my side
You’re the reason I am alive.

“I love you too Logan.”

The end…..so tell me what how you liked it.
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=1030