In the End by Pari
Summary: Imagine a world w/o Mutants:(
Categories: General Characters: None
Genres: Romance, Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 7813 Read: 11277 Published: 06-11-03 Updated: 06-23-08

1. In the End by Pari

2. Chp 2 by Pari

3. Awakening by Pari

4. Chp 4 by Pari

5. Chp. 5 by Pari

In the End by Pari
“Still no reply?” He asked making his way back to his seat at the terminal, strapping in as the jet sped back home.

“No, not one which is strange.” The white haired beauty steering the Jet replied with a hint of worry in her voice.

“And very suspicious.” Logan grumbled cracking his knuckles, which itched with tension.

“What do you mean? Do you think there is something wrong?” Ororo asked her fear now showing.

“Well, we’ve tried callin ‘m on tha com, and you’ve tried telepathically to reach both Jeannie and chuck, and we got nuthin. So, yeah I think something's wrong.”

“Goddess, I pray not.” She silently prayed as she pushed the jet harder

They soon arrived at the mansion and noticed nothing out of the ordinary. They landed the jet and hurried inside. Logan instantly went on the defensive, stopping them at the doorway.

“Logan what is it?” Ororo asked over his shoulder, as he held her back, behind him with his hand. He stood still, lifting his nose a bit and sniffing the air.

“Ro, you stay here,” He said turning to face her.

“Why? Logan what is wrong, tell me.” She asked her voice rising in a panic.

“I smell something.”

“What?”

“Blood.”

“Oh Goddess!” Ororo gasped as she tried to push past Logan, who held her firmly. “Let me go, Logan.” She warned with the rumbling of thunder heard overhead as a testament that she was serious.

“Ok, darlin but be prepared, there’s a lot of blood and it aint all from one person, it’s all over the house.” Logan said.

“Should we split up, I want to check the children. Or do you think there is someone in the house?”

“Naw, there aint nuthin moving in this house,”

“Nowhere?” Ororo asked in surprise. The house was filled with children.

“I can’t hear anything, but if the house was under attack, which I think it was, then the children know how to get outta tha house. So they coulda gotten out. You go check fer them and I’m gonna look outside, make sure there’s no intruders still lurkin. You gonna be ok?” Ororo simply nodded her head. They both headed out, Ororo went up the stairs and Logan back out the door. “Com check.” Logan spoke into the com link in his collar.

“I can hear you Logan, I am at the top of the stairs and am heading to the children’s wing.” Ororo whispered as she slowly walked down the hallway.

“Somebody’s definitely been here, a lota people, with guns, and judging by the tire tracks out here all over the lawn, they brought a lota trucks wit them, but aint nobody here now so I’m gonna head back in to…”

“Nooooo! No, no, no…” Ororo’s scream blared into Logan’s ear, putting him on alert as he raced, full speed back inside and up the stairs.

“Ro! Ro, where are you!” Logan called out but got no reply. Logan moved to the opened door at the end of the hallway, and was stopped in the doorway by the sight before him. Only the whimpering from the crumbled form on the floor pulled his attention from the scene of slaughter that filled the room. “Ro,” He spoke softly. She didn’t acknowledge his presence and Logan knelt behind her. “Ro, they’re all gone darlin.” Her whimper turned to a grief filled moan, which broke Logan’s heart. “Come on darlin, we should check to see if any other kids got out, come on,” He gently nudged her, trying to lift her, causing the limp body of the small child she had been holding to fall to the floor. Logan could tell that she was in shock. “Ro,” He continued in a soft voice. He turned her to face him and noticed she was covered with blood. “We have to go see if anyone else survived this, check Scott and Red’s room and Xavier’s. Come on darlin.” Logan coaxed as he slowly lead his grief stricken friend and comrade out of the room. They moved down another hallway, to the room that Scott and Jean shared, and as they stood before the door, Logan could smell the blood, and his heart nearly stopped, as fear gripped it. “Ya stay here.” He said to a despondent Ororo, who stood shivering against the wall. Logan moved to the door, turning the knob and slowly pushing the door open. Even in the darkness Logan could sense that there were ‘bodies’ in the room, and as he moved further inside he bumped something. Looking down he could see that it was a hand, a hand of a woman. “Jeannie.” He sobbed silently as he knelt down and stroked the long silky red hair. He gently pulled the hair back from her face and could tell from the expression on her face that whoever, whatever had killed her had taken her by complete surprise. Logan growled mournfully and helplessly as he closed her eyes, and then leaned in and placed a chaste kiss on her lips. “Bye Jeannie,”

Logan swiftly moved back out into the hallway and found it was empty, and again his heart froze with fear. “Ro?” He moved down the hallway at a fast pace. “Ro!” He called louder as he ran at full speed down the hall and then the stairs. When he calmed himself enough he was able to track her scent easily, and he followed it. He hurried into the room and he found her, crying as she sat at the Professor’s feet, her head resting in his lap. Logan had figured that The Professor’s death had been quick and clean, compared to the other’s, one shot to the head. “Ro, we gotta go. Whoever, whatever did this they may be back soon. We need to grab a few things and leave.” Logan suggested but Ororo didn’t move. He walked over to her, lifting her to her feet. “Ro,” He looked into void eyes and it pained him. Most of the people there had been acquaintances to him and other annoyances, but to Ororo they all had been her family, and the were all gone. “I’m sorry darlin,’ Logan said sincerely as he engulfed her into an tight embraced, which she neither welcomed nor dismissed. “I’m so sorry, but we have ta go. Come on.” He coaxed her out of the room, and quickly moved them about the mansion, grabbing clothes, and mad money, before heading out in Logan’s jeep.




"We’re gonna be ok,” Logan said more as reassurance to himself, more so then Ororo. “With our mutual bank accounts, we’ll be fine. We can get a place, settle in, try ta act normal, til this thing blows over and we can find out exactly what happened. I pulled tha tapes from the security room, it should tell us something.” He continued talking awaiting a reply and when he got none he looked over to Ororo, who sat with a blank stare on her face. “Roro, please talk ta me. Ya been so quiet since we left tha mansion, come on darlin say something, please.” In response she simply burrowed her brow and then looked down at her hands, which were covered with now dried blood. “Shit,” Logan mumbled as he sped up, hurrying to get them to the motel a few miles away.




“I ran ya bath water, it’s nice an warm.” He spoke as he re-entered the motel room with one bed that he had gotten for them. It wasn’t the Ritz, but it was clean, and Logan had used the very room on several occasions coming and going on his many trips from the mansion, in search of his past. He now stood in the bathroom doorway, drying his wet hands with a towel, waiting for Ororo to make a move, but she wouldn’t. Ororo sat on the foot on the bed and stared at the bare wall. Logan was beginning to think that a bath wasn’t the only thing she would need to rinse off the reminders of what they had seen. He moved to her, not saying a word and knelt to her feet, lifting one he began pulling off one of her shoes and then the other. Logan then moved to her top, zipping it down. “Ya know there have been times I’ve wondered what was under this uniform, a beautiful body to go wit a beautiful face, or a robot.” He chuckled hoping to get some kind of reaction, but got none. With a heavy sigh he continued undressing her in silence, and when she was completely naked he lift her in his arms, took her to the bathroom, and placed her into the tub of water. He decided he’d let her body soak, to make it easier to get off the caked on blood. He decided instead to wash her hair, which also had a little blood in it. He gently wet her hair, grabbed the bottle of shampoo, and began lathering her up. “It’s alright darlin, you’re gonna be ok. I’m gonna take care of ya, I promise.” He whispered into her ear as he slowly massaged her hair and scalp.
Chp 2 by Pari
“I think we should probably head west, get lost in some big city like Los Angeles or better yet San Francisco.” He mumbled as he munched on eggs and bacon. His companion simply stared down at her full plate, not eating. “Come on Ro, eat something, please.” After a second she slowly lifted her fork and picked up some eggs and then placed it in her mouth. This made Logan smile and gave him hope that she was coming around. “We’re gonna be ok, between yer bank account and what I have we could probably buy a nice house and get all domesticated.” At that moment the chubby waitress walked over to them with a pot of coffee.

“Want some more?” She asked tilting the pot to Logan’s cup, not waiting for an answer. She then turned to Ororo. “How bout you honey?” She asked and Ororo simply turned her head and stared out the window, as she chewed on some bacon.

“She don’t want anymore.” Logan answered.

“What’s wrong with her, she don’t talk”

“Yeah she talks,” Logan, said growing irritated with the nosy woman. “She jus don’t wanna talk ta you.” The woman rolled her eyes and stalked back to the counter. “Ro,” He spoke trying to will her to look at him, and when she didn't he reached out and slowly turned her gaze to his. “We’re gonna be ok, you’re gonna be ok cause I’m gonna take care of ya, I promised remember?”




“It has all the specifications you requested, no nosy neighbors, spacious, and a large backyard for a garden.”

“It’ll do, what do ya think darlin?” Logan asked the tall Nubian woman who stood staring out at the vast backyard. She didn’t reply and Logan hadn’t expected her to. It had been three months since the world, as they knew it ended, and Ororo hadn’t spoken since then. “She loves it, we’ll take it.” Logan said to the realtor who stared at Ororo curiously and then to Logan, flashing him a huge smile.

“Very good sir, I have the paperwork out in my car, all you have to do is sign and the house is all yours.” Logan nodded as the woman raced off out to her car. Logan turned his attention back to Ororo, he let out a heavy sigh before walking over to where she stood. She turned to greet him with a small smile. Over the few month he had seen her open up just a bit, acknowledging his presences, letting him know her likes and dislike, especially on his thoughts about moving west, which lead them to getting a house in Connecticut. Logan was delighted to see her getting better, but still longed to hear her speak, to actually have a conversation, he missed their talks.

“So, do you like it? I wanted a huge backyard cause I know you like gardens, so now you can have a big one, I aint got no green thumb, but I’ll help ya if ya want. I think we’ll be ok here.” He said as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders.




“Finally got a job today, not that I need one, we’ve got enough money ta retire on. But ya know going wit that whole fittin in and bein normal, I figured I’d do tha 9 ta 5.” Logan said as they sat eating their first dinner at the table in their new home. Logan had been surprised and very pleased when Ororo had joined him, that evening, in the kitchen and helped him cook dinner. She had almost completely come out of her shell and started to act like her old self, but she still wouldn’t talk to him, which made him have to do all the talking, which really wasn’t his forte. “I don’t want ya ta feel ya gotta get a job, like I said we have plenty of money. Sides I’d feel better knowin yer safe at home.” Ororo ate silently as she watched Logan while he spoke to her. “So when ya planning on startin that garden out back?” Logan asked changing the subject and causing Ororo to smile and look down shyly. “I know yer dyin ta start it, so tamorrow after work I’ll take ya ta get some seeds and plants and what not.” Ororo smile brightened at this news and Logan shook his head and chuckled at her excitement.



***Later that night***




“Ya all ready fer bed?” He asked as he made his way into her room, the biggest bedroom in the three-bedroom house, with her own personal bathroom. He had wanted her to be comfortable and knew he didn’t need all the space. Ororo stood in the middle of the large room staring at the oversized bed Logan had brought her, an exact duplicate of the one she had at the mansion. Logan could sense her tension. “What’s wrong darlin?” Suddenly the sound of thunder filled the room as a quick flash of lightning shone outside, causing Ororo to jump. “Not your handy work huh?” He said referring the sudden storm. She shook her head no. “Just a spring shower. I’ma head ta bed, if ya need me I’m right across tha hall. Night.” With that he left the room closing the door behind him. He moved down the hall just past his room, to the other bathroom. After a quick shower, cut short by the lightning outside, Logan made his way back to his own room only to find that Ororo had already made herself at home in his bed. He didn’t say a word, just made his way to the bed and slid in beside her. Once settled he lifted his arm and allowed Ororo to cuddle against him, resting her head on his chest, which had become a common position for her since their first night ‘on the run’.
Awakening by Pari
She bounced into the kitchen holding up the small chalk board Logan had brought her, figuring it was an easier way to communicate other than their usual guessing game. She walked up to Logan who was busy at the stove, preparing them breakfast, and tapped him on the back. He turned with a smile, as he saw the bright smile that lit her face, he then looked down and read the board.

“Ya wanna go shopping? Ya don’t have ta go out darlin,” Logan said knowing that she now had a phobia about being out around any one other than him. “Just tell me what ya need and I’ll go out and get it.” Ororo rolled her eyes at him slightly, and went about writing something else down. Logan read it and a frown crossed his face. “Wings…they have wings?” Ororo giggled. “Ok, maybe you should come.” He said as he pulled the pan from the burner and turned it off.




He fidgeting as he waited by the cart as Ororo took her time strolling the isle of infinite sanitary napkins and feminine products.

“Hey Ro, I’ma go get some beer alright I’ll meet you at the register.” Logan spoke out to Ororo who stood at the far end of the isle, he didn’t await her reply but hurried off, wanting to get as far away from that isle as possible.

Ororo had spent a few moments searching through the many selections before picking out what she wanted, and then with a smile she turned to where she had left Logan and her smile instantly faded as she stared at an empty spot. Her heart began to pound as a panic gripped at her, she turned around hoping she had been mistaken in where she had left him, and still found emptiness. A sorrowful moan escaped her lips as she moved from the isle to the next in search of Logan, and then the next still unable to find him. After a few moments of searching her fear over came her and she crumbled to the floor, her tears falling freely from her eyes, and a certain urge overwhelmed her and she opened her mouth.
“LOGAN!” Her scream resounded throughout the entire store, starling everyone including the man whose name was being called, who stood at the register, he paused a moment not sure he had heard right, and then the scream came again and he took off running. Instantly he picked up her scent and headed directly to the isle where he found Ororo curled up crying his name over and over again as several customers had gathered around her.

“Back off!” He barked as he pushed through and leaned down and scooped Ororo up into his arm, holding her close in a protective manner as he glared at the crowd, which parted to his glare and snarls, and Logan walked out carrying Ororo with him, with a teenaged boy hurrying behind them with their cart of food, which Logan had already paid for, as he placed Ororo in the car the boy loaded their groceries.




“I’m so sorry darlin, I didn’t leave ya I just went fer some beer, I told ya, thought ya heard me.” He spoke to her as he crouched in front of her holding her hand, as she sat at the foot of her bed. She sat in her bathrobe with wet hair having just gotten out of a hot bath Logan had drawn for her when they arrived home, hoping it would calm her nerves. “Please forgive me.”

“You are forgiven Logan,” She spoke softly as he looked up at her. A smile slowly crept across her face as she looked at the goofy smile he had on his face.

“Welcome back darlin, it’s good ta hear ya talking.”




“Ro did ya hear me, I asked ya did ya want take out ta night, some Chinese.” He called out from her doorway to the bathroom door, which was closed.

“One moment Logan,” She called out and he couldn’t help but to smile, happy to hear her voice. After a few seconds she stepped from the bathroom, walking towards him and then stopping in front of him, and then stood waiting for him to say something.

“Ro,” Was all he could muster as she stood staring his awe and anguish at the beautiful Nubian woman before him. “What did ya do?”

“What?” she spoke softly as she reached up and stroked her mass of black hair. “You do not like it, does it make me look odd?”

“Naw it aint that, yer still beautiful…it’s just…well it aint you.”

“You said that we should try to blend in, not stand out so, so I figured I would dye my hair and maybe get some contacts.”

“When I said that I meant not using our powers darlin not changing who we are.”

“A mutant is what I am, Logan and what you are. I just thought it would look nice,” She said coyly as she ducked her head and again stroke at her tresses.

"Ya do, ya always do and if it makes ya feel better, safer ta look that way then ya do it, ok?”

“Ok,” She replied smiling slightly as she continued messing with her hair. “Mexican.” She said as he arched a curious brow at her. “Take out, I would love some Mexican food.”
Chp 4 by Pari
He had been pacing about for nearly an hour, wondering and scared. He had no one to call and he wasn’t going to call the police, though the urge to do just that was becoming overwhelming. Before his fear got the better of him he heard the front door opening and rushed from the kitchen into the living room and he was greeted by Ororo’s bright smile.

“Hello Logan,” She chirped as she moved past him and through the living room and into the kitchen as Logan followed her, glaring.

“Where ya been?” He asked her curtly.

“Work,” She answered as she sat down a paper bag she held and began pulling out a few groceries she had brought. “Well I do not actually start until tomorrow but I walked around and got a feel of the place, it is a nursery.”

“A nursery, what ya mean in a hospital?”

“No, as in a place to grow and sell plants and flowers. Oh Logan it was so beautiful, so many flowers and plants, I felt…at home there. I felt such peace.”

“I’m glad darlin, but ya know ya don’t have ta work, I make enough ta take care of us, ya know.”

“I know but I cannot stay here in this house forever, it is time that I got back out into the world, I am ready.”

“Glad ta hear it but could ya do me a favor?” He asked ans she looked up at him and nodded. “Could ya let me know when yer leavin and where yer goin, I was worried.”

“Oh,” She smiled and she reached out and placed her hand against his cheek. “I am sorry Logan I did not mean to worry you.” He smirked as he grasped her hand and pulled it to his lip and placed a soft kiss on her palm, and she slightly gasped at the sensation it invoked in her.

“Yer all I got in this world and I don’t wanna lose ya.” Ororo bowed her head a bit and blushed. She then took a step closer to where Logan stood, still holding her hand in his.

“I am not going anywhere.” She said.

“Yeah, ya promise?” He asked with a playful smile as he took a step forward. “Ya aint gonna get a job and then get so independent that ya don’t need me anymore.” Her eyes widened.

“Goddess no, Logan I would never…” He chuckled at her reaction.

“I was kiddin darlin,” He said as he now stood right in front of her their bodies nearly touching.

“Oh, good I do not want you thinking that I would not need you. Goddess, if it were not for you I would…I do not even want to think about it. I am just glad I have you with me.”

“Yeah, me too.” He said more softly as he lifted his hand and brushed the back of his hand against her soft black tresses. Ororo closed her eyes and leaned into his touch, parting her lips a bit, which mesmerized Logan, who stared at her mouth. She opened her eyes just in time to see Logan leaning in closer, his mouth coming towards hers. Her heart pounded in her chest and her breaths came in pants and she watched Logan’s mouth descend on hers. She let her tongue quickly dart out to moisten her suddenly dry lips, just before Logan’s lips touched hers. It was a chaste kiss, one seeking, and it left both felling awkward and unsure. Ororo slowly parted her lips and allowed Logan entrance into her mouth, which he happily entered, letting his tongue taste every inch of her hot mouth. As the kiss deepened their idle hands began to grope, and roam over each other's bodies. Soon their movements looked like a well-rehearsed fight scene, both dueling for dominance, which led to Logan lifting Ororo suddenly from the floor, wrapping her tightly in his arms. She in turned wrapped her long, slender legs around his waist as he moved them towards the counter both used their arms to sweep the contents from the countertop, spilling it all over the floor. Logan sat Ororo on top, never breaking contact with her mouth, as she let her legs fall away from his waist, opening them so he could settle in between.

Logan finally broke the kiss leaving Ororo looking at him with confused eyes, wondering why, until he moved to her neck, kissing and lightly nipping the tender flesh there. She titled her head to the side, allowing him better access. A moan escaped her lips, which invoked a growl from him, as he kissed down her neck to her shoulders, moving away the scrap of her blouse. Ororo opened her eyes and mouth in awe to the feelings that were now filling her, and her eyes shot wide at the sight before her.

“Oh Goddess, Logan!” She exclaimed.

“Mmmhmmhm…” He replied as he kissed her collarbone and continued down.

“Kurt!” Ororo exclaimed excitedly and Logan instantly bolted up to glared at her for her outburst.

“Excuse me, that aint tha name ya should be callin now darlin.”

“No, I saw kurt…on TV.” She said as she pushed Logan back and hopped form the countertop, moving to the tv Logan had mounted in the corner of the kitchen, so they could watch the news as they eat supper. Ororo grabbed the remote from the table and thanked the Goddess Logan hadn’t listened to her when she said that a satellite wasn’t necessary. She paused the footage and then rewound until she got to where she thought she had seen Kurt. Logan moved to stand beside her, watching the screen himself. She pushed play and watched it unfold again. “There…did you see him?” She asked not awaiting a reply, but rewinding it again and replaying it but in slow mode this time. She stopped suddenly. “There.”

“Well, I’ll be damned.” Logan mumbled as they stared up at a hooded form, hidden in a monk-like robe, which a blue tail briefly peeked out from beneath, before disappearing again.
Chp. 5 by Pari
“Are you sure this is the right way?”

“Yeah, I've track Kurt from the location we saw on that news broadcast, and the scent is getting stronger the further we go.” He answered as they treaded on through the murky substance that was wreaking havoc on their shoes and noses.

“I do not know how you can smell anything in this,” She said as she spoke around the hand she held over her mouth and nose. “But why here, why would Ku…”

“Shhhh,” He shushed her as he crouched down, pulling her with him. “I hear voices.”

“Who?” She whispered but he ignored the question as he continued listening intently.

“I hear several voices,” He stated as he stood again. “Several familiar voices come on.” He didn’t wait for the questions he knew were coming, he began to run full speed toward the voices. She followed him trying to keep up, but he had a head start. Just as he had reached a large darkened opening, a bright flash filled the dank corridor and his body flew backwards.

“LOGAN!” she screamed as her eyes instinctively whitened and static electricity filled the air. She hurried to his form as he struggled to shake off the haze that the blast had poured over him. They could hear fast approaching footsteps. She easily conjured a lightning bolt, readying to send it down upon those who had attacked Logan, but he stilled her and calmed her.

“No darlin,” She stared down at him with questioning eyes just was as the footsteps halted right before them.

“Oh my gosh, its Storm and Logan!” A familiar voice cried out and Ororo slowly lifted her head and let out a gasp at the sight before her.




“Ah jus can’t believe it, yer here and a live.” Rogue said as she grasped Ororo again and pulled her into a tight hug. Ororo welcomed the hug and reciprocated it with as much force.

“Ja we thought they would have gotten you too, and there was no way for us to warn you because the communication system was one of the first things they destroyed.” Kurt replied.

“And you guys were the only ones who got out?” Logan asked.

“Yes,” Piotr answered. “I was able to get Rogue, Kitty, and Jubilee out. Kurt got Bobby, then there’s Gambit and Scott…”

“Scott?” Logan repeated surprised to learn that Scott had survived. Though he had never actually seen Scott’s body, he had always assumed that since Jean was dead, Scott had to be as well.

“Yes, it was Scott and Gambit who had fought them all off and allowed for our escape,” Kitty responded. “What happened to you guys?”

“Well,” Ororo began as she looked over at Logan. “We returned to the school and found…” She closed her eyed to the images that suddenly filled her head. Logan swiftly moved to her and grasped her by both arms.

“You ok darlin?” He asked in concerned and she opened her eyes and smiled at him before nodding her head, but she didn’t continue what she had been saying, Logan took over for her. “We got to the mansion and everyone was dead, or so we thought until we saw blue boy there on the news,” He nodded to where Kurt stood. “Then we tracked you here. We’ve been hiding out in Connecticutt since it happened. Got us a house, settled down just until things blew over, then we planned on finding out who did it, who attacked the school like that.”

“His name is Stryker. Admiral William Stryker.” A voice spoke from the entrance.

“Scott!” Ororo excalimed as she rushed to him, leaping into his awaiting arms. He held her close, closed his eyes, and buried his face in her silky hair. He then pulled back and tugged at her hair a bit with a smile and questioning eyes. “We were incognito, I wanted to blend in.” Scott only smiled broader and then pulled her back against him again.

“It’s so good to see you Ororo,”

“And you too my friend,” she replied as she softly cried against his chest. “I thought you were all lost to me, my entire family.”

“What, Remy gets no love mon ami?” A cajun accent spoke from behind them and Ororo released Scott and moved to Gambit, and enbraced him.

“It’s good to see you alive Logan,” Scott said as he turned to Logan, who stood with his arms crossed and a hard glare in his eyes.

“You too one eye.” Logan replied after a moment’s pause. “I’m sorry, about Jeanie and the Professor, and…” He began and Scott nodded his understandings, and then cut him off.

“Me too.” Scott said. “But we’re gonna get the bastard that did this and we’re going to make him pay.”

“Sounds like you’ve already got something, his name.” Logan said.

“Yeah, but not much else. We went back to the mansion to try and retreive the security tapes, but they were gone. They must have taken them.”

“Naw, we grabbed them.” Logan annocunced. “Figured they would give us some clues about who attacked the mansion.”

“And did it?” Scott inquired.

“I haven’t been able to go through them all, been doing it by myself. ‘Ro, she’s still too fragile.” These words caused Scott to bunch his brows a bit as he moved closer to Logan and began to speak in a low voice.

“What do you mean, did something happen to Storm?”

“Yeah, she came home and found her family slaughtered. She went out of her head there for a bit, completely shut down. She just started speaking again a couple of weeks ago.” Logan replied also in a low voice as so Ororo couldn’t hear them. “So, just watch what you say around her cause like I said she’s still fragile.” Scott only nodded his understandings.

“So you say you guys have a house, with running water. Ah’d kill for a hot bath right about now.” Rogue said and a few others nodded in agreement.

“Yeah, it’s about 80 miles north of here. I hope you guys have a car cause there’s no way we’re all gonna fit in our little jeep.”

“Gambit can get us a ride,” Gambit offered.

“No, we don’t want to bring any attention to ourselves, so Logan and I will simply go buy a used car, maybe a van.” Ororo said.

“How you know Remy wasn’t gon buy a car Cherie?”

“Because I know you and your sticky fingers too well, brother.” Ororo replied with a sweet smile, which Gambit reciprocated.

“So, we’ll meet to guys in the underground parking lot I saw across the street. These sewers should take you straight to it.” Logan announced.

“It does, it’s how we come and go without being seen.” Scott stated. “Say in an hour.” Everyone simply nodded their heads and gave more hugs before Logan and Ororo disappeared back the way they had come.




They had arrived home just before sunset and after they pulled both cars into the double garage, they all began to settle in.

“Rogue, you Kitty and Jubilee will stay here, the bed is big enough to fit all of you, and you have you own bath room.” Ororo said as she moved to a nearby dresser and began pulling out some of her nightgowns.

“Oh we don’t want to put you out of your room Storm, we’re all right on the floor.” Rogue said.

“Oh it’s ok I don’t sleep in here, I never have, I stay in Logan’s room.” Ororo stated as if it were the most normal thing in the world, and to her it had become so.

“Oh, wow you and Logan?” Kitty repeated with a mischeivous grin on her face as both Rogue and Jubilee giggled.

“Oh stop it, it’s nothing like ‘that’. Logan is a total gentleman.”

“Yeah a totally ‘hot’ gentleman.” Jubilee threw out playfully.

“Yes he is,” Ororo admitted. “But we haven’t gotten to that stage of our relationship yet.”

“Yet?” Rogue repeated with a wide grin and Ororo couldn’t help but to blush as she remembered what they had nearly done that very morning while they were in the kitchen.

“As I said Logan is a gentleman. If it were not for him I would not have made it. After what I witnessed I went a little crazy but Logan saved me, he brought me back.” These words seemed to sober the girls.

“Was everyone dead?” Kitty asked are eyes already beginning to water.

“I don’t know, before today I thought so, but you’re all here so it’s possible that more may have gotten away.” Ororo answered honestly.

“What about the Professor?” Jubilee asked in a small voice. Ororo’s heart crumbled at hearing his name and she had to forcbily fight back her tears.

“No, he didn’t make it…excuse me.” Ororo rushed from the room to the room just across the hall, closing the door behind and then falling against it as the familiar pain and anguish consumed her.




Logan had gotten the guys settled into the other spare rooms and the den, and then he had taken them to the kitchen so they could fix themselves something to eat. He had been leaning against the counter drinking a beer while chatting with the guys when a flash from outside caught his attention. He moved to the large sliding doors that lead from the kitchen to the back patio and yard. He watched the skies as they suddenly darkened and a drizzle of rain started to pelt the glass. He instantly knew this was Ororo’s doing and without a word he left the kitchen and made his way down the hall. He passed the worried girls in the hallway and Rogue told him that their discussion might have upset Ororo and that they were sorry. Logan instructed them to go to the kitchen and eat before the guys gobbled up everything, and that he and Ororo would join them later. Logan then moved onto his bedroom, which he shared with Ororo. Without knocking he entered the darkened room, and closed and locked the door behind him. A sharp flash of lightning illuminated the room enough for him to see that Ororo was curled up in a ball by the foot of the bed. He silently moved to her, he reached down and scooped her up into his arms and moved towards the bed. She clutched him tightly and when he tried the lie her upon the bed he found that he couldn’t extract her arms from around his neck. So settled them both upon the bed. He didn’t try to shush her tears away, he knew that she needed this and he also feared that the alternative would be losing her back to that canatonic world, where she wouldn’t speak or even acknowledge his presence.

“I’m so tired…” She finally spoke in a whisper and Logan simply listened to her. “So tired of feeling this way. Logan,” she pulled her head from his chest and looked up at him. “Make it go away, please.”

“I don’t know how darlin.” He answered honestly, if he had known the secret to make painful thought and memories go away he wouldn’t awaken nearly every night from the same nightmare.

“Make me forget for just a little while. I want to feel good, make me feel good Logan, please.” Ororo begged as she raked her free hand across his chest and then downward until they settled on the crotch of his jeans.

“’Ro,” He nearly groaned out as he quickly cupped his hand over hers and removed it from his crotch. He silently cursed his body for the way it was reacting, as his cock hardened painfully in his jeans. “You don’t want this...”

“Yes I do, Logan please,” She continued to beg as she used all of her strength to turn them so she sat straddling him. She grasped the bottom of her shirt and swifted lifted it up and over her head, and then tossed it across the room. She then sat atop him bare from the waist up her large firm breast on display in front of him. Logan closed his eyes and tried to will his body to stop reacting, but his body was ignoring him, as his hips jerked up a bit, to grind his crotch against hers. Ororo in turn slowly began grinding her crotch against his, wetting him with her suddenly damp panties. She threw her head back a bit and moaned out as her clit rubbed agaisnt the rough material of Logan’s jeans, sending an electric shock through her with each stroke. She then looked down at him as her grinding became more forceful. “Please Logan,” She spoke out in a husky voice that was full of lust and need. “I need you, I want you so bad.” She reached down and grasped his hands, which were at his sides fisted in the bed sheets. She pulled his hands free of the bedding and lifted them to her breasts. He gripped her breast, squeezing them a bit and then rubbed his thumbs across the nipples, invoking a deep moan from Ororo who once again threw her head back. Logan tired once more to make his body stop, to move himself from the bed but his will was lost, and so he sat up and latched his mouth onto one of her breast, suckling it greedily.

“Yess…” Ororo hissed out and Logan wasn’t sure if it was in joy or pain and at the moment he almost didn’t care as he hungily suckled one breast and then the other. Ororo gripped the back of his head, and held him to her as her grinding became irratic. Need built up inside of her along with a sensation she couldn’t name but would do anything to have the feeling never end. Logan shifted their positions, flinging Ororo down upon the bed and nestling between her legs. All while his mouth was still clamped to her breast. Ororo arched her back up from the bed and pressed her breast closer to Logan’s face, iliciting a growl. He pulled back abit and her breast plopped from his mouth. “No,” Ororo ground out between clinched teeth, as she hooked her legs around Logan’s waist allowing him no escape.

“’Ro, are ya sure,” Logan asked through panted breaths.

“Yes,” She answered as her hands shot out and set about unbuckling his belt. She then unbuttoned his jeans and tugged the zipper down.

“I don’t want you regrettin this.” Logan continued.

“I won’t,” She said as she moved her fingers past the elastic of his boxers and grasped the massive bulge hidden inside, she gasped a bit surprised by how engorged he was. A tiny shred of doubt suddenly filled her head, and she wondered that she might have bitten off more than she could handle, but the way Logan growled and then lunged back down to her breasts told her ‘he’ was too far gone to turn back now. He reached his hands between then and grasped the waist band of the cotton pants she wore. He didn’t bother trying to unbotton them he simply tore them nearly from Ororo’s body. She shifted a bit, lifted up to help him tug the raggedy garment off. When she was free of her pants she lifted one of her legs and hooked her toes in the waist band of Logan’s jeans and began pushing his jeans and his boxers down, over his butt and down his thighs. Logan wanted to stand and removed them completely but one of Ororo’s legs were still locked around his legs. “Goddess I’m so hot and so wet. Feel how wet I am Logan.” Following her instruction Logan dipped one of his hands under the elastic waistband of her panties, and his fingers instantly became soaked with her juices. He quickly sank his middle finger into her hot folds and her hips bucked up allowing him further entrance. “Ahh…mmm,” Ororo moaned out as she closed her eyes to the sensations and rocked her hips against Logan’s hand, making love to the finger buried deep within her.

“Jesus,” Logan spoke out his voice sounding winded. He rested his head against Ororo’s shoulder and squeezed his eyes closed, fighting off the animalistic urges that were trying to comsume him. Urges that were telling him to take her roughly, to dominate and possess her.

“Now Logan,” She turned her head until her lips were touching his ear. “I need you inside me now.” Needing no further coaxing, Logan swiftly yanked away her silky undergarment and buried himself inside of her deeply and competely. At the same time he clamped one of his hands over her mouth, trying to cover up her screams. Instead he found he had to swallow down his own roars as she bit down into his hand. He remained still and allowed them both time to adjust to this new feeling surrounding them. It wasn’t until he felt her sucking at his wounded and bloodied hand, and gyrating her hips against him all while moaning, did he began to move. He pulled his hand from her mouth and placed it on the bed beside her head, and he lifted his top half up abit, not wanting to crush her. He then pulled his hips back a bit, his member slid from her hot, tight folds until only the head of his cock remained buried inside of her. He then swiftly plunged back into her, and then pulled back out again. He repeated this movement again and again until he felt his stomach tighten, alerting him that he was close to cumming but he willed that urge away. He didn’t want to cum before she did. He looked down at the nubian beauty beneath him and watched her face in awe. She had her eyes closed and she had her bottom lip between her teeth as her head thrashed about the pillow. He was sure he had never seen anything more beautiful, then her in this moment, lost to ecstasy. Then she suddenly stopped shakign her head, and look up directly into his eyes, as her mouth fell open. He knew she was about to cum and he silently prayed that she would hurry because he didn’t know how long he could hold off his own climax. He continued to steadily pump in and out of her as she clawed at his back as if doing so would help her have her release. “Logan!” she gasped out as she lifted her hips and slammed it against his. “Logan, Logan, Logan…” She chanted in tune with their sudden tumultuous love making. He quickened his pace, hitting her harder and harder, faster and faster, deeper and deeper until they both cried out their release, which had been covered up by the loud crash of thunder that shook the entire house.




“Whoa, storm’s coming.” Scott spoke out as they all sat in the kitchen continuing their meal, and staring out the glass doors.