Forever A Merry Christmas by AngelAloft
Summary: Just a look into an X men Christmas, with a little surprise.
Categories: General Characters: None
Genres: Comedy, Romance
Warnings: Adult language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes Word count: 6132 Read: 12281 Published: 12-11-10 Updated: 04-07-11

1. A Traditional Gathering by AngelAloft

2. Peace Panic and Pleading by AngelAloft

3. A Joyful Family with a Touch of Blue pt. 1 by AngelAloft

4. Chapter 3 pt.2 by AngelAloft

5. Chapter 3 finale by AngelAloft

A Traditional Gathering by AngelAloft
Author's Notes:
A short Christmas time Rolo fic.
I don't own still so please don't hate me and sue
"Really Jean, I don't see why we have to be subjected to another year of unnecessary torture wandering the stores trying to find a gift for someone, who in the end will only let it sit in the back of a closet collecting dust." Scott complained, as he sat down in a wingback chair in the largest of the three libraries in the mansion.

"Dear, just because you would rather buy savings bonds and call it a gift, for every and all special occasions, Christmas time is a time to open your heart as well as your wallet and the perfect opportunity to show someone how you feel about them and the joy they bring into your life." Jean said, as she flashed a toothy grin at Scott and continued writing names on strips of paper.

He wasn't going to win and he knew it, so he sat staring into the blazing fire in the fireplace silently sulking and fuming, that the jerk off Wolverine better not get his name this year.

"Whatever sweetheart." he griped, under his breath as he sipped his hot spiced cider, smiling at the taste, then remembering he was supposed to be grumpy.

Ororo and Jean exchanged knowing smiles, as Ororo offered Hank a large mug of the aromatic concoction.

"Come, come my boy, tis the season to be jolly, with peace and goodwill to all is it not." Hank said, reaching for the mug, with a wink to Ororo.

Dark eyes from a position at the fireplace mantle, squinted tight with annoyance, at the innocent wink, given to Storm.

"I find the hustle and bustle of the season most invigorating and joyous," Hank continued, " the air is permeated with..."

"Bullshit." said Logan, stuffing one hand into his denim jean pocket.

"Logan, must you use such language?! Just because you do not see the merits of the season as others, does not mean it should be ridiculed and ruined by cynicism. I for one thoroughly enjoy the holiday." Ororo offered, trying to diffuse the cantankerous mood that was attempting to prevail against their annual Christmas gift name drawing.

"Surely Logan, as one with such an enhanced sense of smell, I would think that you can appreciate the odors of euphoria that most people emit at this time. Not to mention the succulent aromas drifting from the kitchen, along with the smell of fresh pine and crisp snow that come to the forefront most everywhere you go." Charles said, with a light chuckle, enjoying the rapport between the different personalities of his eclectic family.

"Yeah Chuck, I still smell bullsh.." Logan paused after glancing at Storm, who now had her arms crossed over her chest, in obvious challenge. "Ah hell." he mumbled.

Remy could not help, but to outright laugh at the sight of the great Wolverine cowed by a single look from his souer. The woman had more power than just the control of the weather and they all knew it. "Look like da Wolverine learn ta be a willin' participant in da holiday, no." he said, as laughter took hold of him, as well as quite a few others in the room.

Logan slowly scanned the room exposing his fangs to them all, except for Ororo, who still looked at him with a mimic of his oft present raised brow.

Jubilee burst another bubble gum bubble and blurted out rapidly strung sentences, "Can we please just get to the name drawing, it's a lot of work to crawl the mall for the perfect gift as a Secret Santa. The stores are not gonna shop themselves. This sh.., stuff is not to be taken lightly people, come on times a wasting."

"Yeah...pretty much what she said," joined Rogue, "we don't wantta miss out on dah best loot sugahs, so could we all just stop bein' Gloomy Gus's and get this show on the road, so we can hot foot it tah unload some cash."

"Dang girl, what generation are you from?" Jubilee sat looking at her as if she was an alien with two heads.

"Do shut up yah reject frem a skittles rainbow." Rogue fired back, looking at Jubilees colorful outfit.

"Better that than a language challenged, geographically misplaced, eighteenth century escapee to the present, in need of a new hair do, Wolvie crushin'..."

"Enough!" Logan barked, with a marked scowl crossing his face.

"Sorry Logan." both Rogue and Jubilee spoke in unision as two well chastened children.

Jean walked over to Ororo and whispered, "Looks like someone wants lumps of coal this year in lieu of presents."

"Not to worry dear sister, this is an on going show to see who favors the most attention from our Wolverine."

"Oh my," cried Jean, "do we dare join the contest sweetie?"

"Thanks, but no thanks, I'm not into vying for or sharing the loves in my life." said Ororo.

Three heads around the room turned sideways, picking up the conversation between the two beauties. Neither one acknowledging their eavesdropping.

"Ladies, I think it's time to begin our honored tradition." said Charles.

That said everyone there took turns picking names from the bowl Jean had placed on the desk. No one spoke a word as to whom they had chosen.

With a toast Hank heartily bellowed, "Let the season begin."

All raised cups, with shouts of, Merry Christmas and here, here.

"Come on yah ol' swamp rat, we're in need of a driver." said Rogue as she and Jubilee pulled Remy up from his comfortable seat next to Ororo, dragging him towards the door.

Remy extended his one free arm beseeching help, while his red on black eyes scanned the room for assistance, before the door slammed shut on his fate.

The remaining occupants of the library gave a collective sigh of relief that it wasn't them that the endless bundles of energy had hauled off, right before Logan threw his head back and laughed at Remy's plight. Everyone else soon joining in.







End Notes:
ehh, review if ya want to
Peace Panic and Pleading by AngelAloft
Author's Notes:
Just checked, I still don't own and they aint selling.
Three weeks had passed since they had held their Secret Santa drawing and those unfortunate few still without their gift, were becoming more and more edgy. With less than a week to go before Christmas morning, panic was the order of the day.

Scott, Remy, Rogue and Hank were in Christmas is coming hell. Neither one of them could come up with an idea as to what to get the person whose name they had drawn.

Jubilee was more than a little smug, having gotten her gift on the first day out, openly taunting Rogue that she didn't have the savvy of her trained shopping flair. Currently she was spending lots of time sleeping, resting up for the big day and when not asleep her time was spent coming up with recipes that she thought would be the most delicious, mind blowing dish on the Christmas feast menu. Little did she know, she had everyone afraid.

Remy was at a loss whether to get something extravagant or something needed for his name.

Everything Hank came up with, shopping online for his gift, was already sold out. Nervousness was making him eat a lot more.

Scott was fluctuating between a gift certificate or a coupon, being such a perfectionist it was quickly becoming the final solution to his predicament. And he really didn't care anymore.

Whenever Rogue thought she had come up with the perfect gift, she found out her name already owned it. She had entertained the idea of pulling off her glove and touching the person to put them in a coma until after the holiday, just to make her pain go away.

As soon as Logan saw whose name he had drawn, he already had his gift in mind and soon purchased, so he was able to maintain his usual confident swagger. Yet, he still seemed a bit off kilter.

Jean, Ororo and Charles, each being extremely meticulous, had purchased gifts for everyone all throughout the year, as thoughtfulness prevailed, so they were able to enjoy the season without the undue stress to spoil their moods.

The ladies had gotten the mansion decorated, with commanding orders to the guys, in record time. And it had started to snow. With a little luck it would last, without the need to call upon Storm's talents for a white Christmas.

Ororo sat comfortably ensconced in one of the living rooms large bay windows, wrapped in a blanket, unnecessarily so since she never got cold, but liked the feeling of the cozy felt, looking out at the peacefully falling snow, while sipping hot tea.

Charles sat quietly reading one of his many books of sonnets, before the blazing fireplace, also basking in the tranquility and quiet companionship of Ororo.

"If yah won't take me, I promise I will drive mahself!" Rogue yelled, coming into the no longer calm living room, stomping after Logan.

"Give it a rest girl, I aint getting dragged around a crowded damned mall waitin' on ya ta come up with a gift." he grumped.

"Why not, I'd do it for yah, yah know that too yah ol' lunkhead." she drawled.

"Grrrr, don't push it I said Marie."

"Oh no yah didn't just growl at me,...Storm did yah hear him just go all growly on me?"

Ororo hid a smile behind taking another sip of her tea.

"Logan am I to understand, our Rogue here is pulling you into a task you find not to your liking?" Charles inquired, also with a smile pulling at the corners of his mouth.

"Not gonna happen Chuck."

"Like I said, why not. I bet I know yah not done with yah shopping either!" Rogue griped, crossing her arms over her chest and glaring at him in defiance.

Logan opened his mouth to speak but uncharacteristically shut it without a word said.

Charles raised two fingers to his temple as he observed the situation unfolding in the room.

"Good god people, what is all the shouting about," Hank said, coming into the room from the kitchen holding a dagwood sandwich, "am I to understand the world is coming to an end from the uproar pervading the house!"

"That seems quite possible, if our young Rogue doesn't get her way from Wolverine." Charles said, still very amused by the situation.

"Mind yer own damned business fur ball."

"My boy, please do not go there, your hair is almost as abundant as my fur, so do keep a civil tongue."

"Civil this." he slid forth the middle claw from one hand.

"Logan!" Ororo spoke for the first time.

Still fuming, he slid it back in slowly, but not before raising his hand and using the blunt side to scratch his nose, while deep eying Hank.

"Yah see, I knew Storm could get yah ta understand reason." Rogue was happy to say.

"Who is Storm reasoning with now?" said Scott as he and Remy came in, followed by Jean. They had just completed running tests in the danger room.

Charles spoke up once again, "It would appear our dear Storm has a calming affect on our Wolverine, she alone being able to bring him into amiable compliance."

"Charles."

"Oh do hush Ororo, Charles here is only calling it as we all see it." surprisingly Hank spoke up.

Jean asked, "What has brought on all the strife?"

"The kid here aint done shopping." said Logan.

"I promise you your appalling use of the language will someday make my ears bleed." Hank said to Logan.

"Go ta hell blue boy."

"Well if you're heading to da mall, Remy go wit you, he not done either mon amis."

Giving in with a roll of his eyes behind his visor, Scott reluctantly caved, "I guess I could also use one more mall crawl to," he cleared his throat, "finish up my shopping."

Jean smiled and mouthed behind his back, 'he has nothing done.'

This time Ororo outright giggled, while the professor turned his head to the fire, trying to cover his laugh with coughing.

Jovially Hank joined in, not to be left out, "Well if you are all headed out together, I believe I will tag along. Let me just get my image inducer." He passed Logan allowing a low growl to pass his lips, that only Logan could hear.

Logan chose to ignore him, instead he focused on all the licensed drivers Rogue now had at her disposal. "There Marie, problem solved, any one of them can drive ya ta the mall."

"Yeah, but they aint yah." Rogue hung her head and sniffed. Wise enough to know the use of her feminine wiles would not be lost on him.

Logan melted, he turned on his heels and yelled, while exiting the room, heading for the garage, "Anybody that aint got their ass planted in a seat in three minutes can stay here, and we won't be all damned day!"

Four sets of feet made a hasty following after the short tempered feral. Leaving Charles, Ororo and Jean holding their sides in convulsive laughter.








End Notes:
same as always, oh yeah only one chapter till done.
A Joyful Family with a Touch of Blue pt. 1 by AngelAloft
Author's Notes:
Sorry guys I have to post this in 3 or 4 parts Here's the thing, I'm trying to clear up my stories before moving on to the next one...so here's a little Christmas in the springtime. And thank you QTfic for lighting a fire under me for this one. To all you guys who take the time to review, I humbly bow to you.

Oh yeah I know these aren't my dolls, uh I mean characters, I just like playing with them, so please don't sue me.
December 25th 5:36 a.m.

Within the bedrooms of the mansion, heads lay resting serenely upon their pillows. All stress washed away with the beautifully wrapped packages piled high under the twelve foot tall Douglas fir tree in the living room.

The snow had continued to fall and had now blanketed as far as the eye could see, making everything a winter wonderland. Glistening icicle hung from ice heavy branches. Various snow forms staggered the long driveway thanks to an impromptu sculpture challenge from two days ago causing each person there to become amateur snow artists, with the professor as the stand out judge. He had declared Ororo the winner, even though he still wasnt' sure what her sculpture was. Now the snow lay clan and undisturbed.

The moon and star still claimed that it was night, not giving in to the beginning light of the suns rays, which were yet to appear.

Softly, yet distinctly the sound of sleigh bells started above the mansions roof. The sound growing louder until all ears heard the beautiful jingling. A hearty "Ho, ho, ho Merry Christmas" followed, causing bedroom doors to open and a rocket on two legs,dressed in a fuzzy yellow robe and blue slippers to speed down the main staircase. Beating out similar legs dressed in a pink robe and pink slippers by a few seconds.

Remy walked over to Scott, slapping him on the back as each X-man smiled with shaking heads at Jubilee and Rogue's six year old behavior.

Jean joined Ororo at the steps to her attic apartment, as she placed a hand over her mouth to cover a yawn before saying, "Merry Christmas dear," turning her head to all now gathered in the wide hall to extend the same greeting to them as well, "it seems Santa has arrived."

Ororo bent to give Charles a hug and kiss upon his cheek, as he exited the elevator to their floor. "Yes, it would seem so." she said with a shrewd smile to Charles, who in return gave her a sly wink.

Logan sniffed the air, raising a brow in understanding to Charles and Ororo's machinations. Even he couldn't help but admire their love of the season.

The self made family made their way to the living room, following the exuberant girls.

"It's about time you oldsters made it down here. My great great grandmother can move faster than you guys." Jubilee proclaimed, throwing her arms up in the air to emphasize her impatience.

They all just shook their heads in amusement at Jubilee's claim.

"What? Well she would if I had one. Now let's get on to opening my presents." Jubilee greedily rubbed her hands together.

"Don't get too excited sugah, all yah gettin' is lumps ah coal." Rogue couldn't help teasing.

"I think both you young ladies are much more deserving than that." Charles declared.

Hank and Scott positioned themselves around the tree, handing packages to Charles for distribution.

Ororo and Logan sat on an overstuffed loveseat drinking much needed cups of strong coffee. Her legs were tucked under her and every once in a while she wiggled her toes near his bottom and laughed as he stiffened up. Remy and Jean fought at the cd player over whether to play Cole or Crosby. Remy wanted Cole, Jean wanted Crosby. It was the same every year.

Even though they had Secret Santa's, the tree was overloaded with may gifts for everyone. It seemed the X-men didn't hold to doing simple Christmas's. the Secret Santa gifts were still the highlight to the abundant gift giving that one and all looked forward to.

Despite their friendly spats and displays of teenage antics throughout the year, Jubilee and Rogue still managed to have a haul nearly the size of a small department store. Both of them had sat hugging each other, crying over it being the best Christmas ever.

With only the Secret Santa gifts left to open, all wrapped in the custom made silver and gold foil wrapping paper with embossed X's, it was time to reveal, who had gotten whom.

Rogue and Jubilee being the most impatient were the first to start, reaching under the tree for the gifts they had purchased.

"Ahem...on this most auspicious occasion..." Jubilee started, as she was promptly cut off with groans and heavy sighs and even throw pillows being tossed at her, she quickly changed her route of speech. "Okay, okay...sheesh, Professor this is for you." she handed him his present.

Rogue walked over to Hank, "I got yah this year big guy, Merry Christmas."

Charles opened his gift of a brand new silk robe along with a single bound biographical book of world leaders, with an add in plastic sleeved essay written by the little firecracker herself about the one she thought to be the greatest leader of all...Professor Charles Xavier. Charles was touched. They shared a familial hug and for once Jubilee was speechless.

Hank was having a heck of a time with all the tape adhering to his fur while he opened his gifts, but his eyes grew wide with appreciation as he reached into the box and pulled out several beautifully framed photos. Each one showing him at different ages, surrounded by various groups of people. All of whom were still a part of his life, including his current family of the X-men. It served to show him that no matter what a book looked like, love showed no prejudice. In the bottom of the box was also a note stating he would receive on dessert a month from the Magnolia Bakery, for a year. Both brought tears to his eyes. He affectionately patted Rogues gloved hand on his shoulder, as she blushed shyly.







End Notes:
Last chance for your final word on this fic. Speak now or forever hold your peace.
Chapter 3 pt.2 by AngelAloft
Stepping forward with a large box, Scott ever the leader handed his gift to Remy. "Pulled your name this year my friend, use it well," he said with a wink that no one could see behind his red specs.

Tearing into the wrapping, Remy smiled as he pulled out new fingerless leather gloves. There were also dozens of packs of playing cards, complete with a specially made belt holster to hold several decks. Underneath it all was a new Cajun cookbook that specialized in not too spicy dishes. As he held it up everyone laughed, as he whined, "Ahh mon ami ya break dis Cajuns heart, ya know dis nevah be true Cajun cuisine."

Jean was next offering a perfectly wrapped present to Rogue, who practically shrieked with joy.

Swift work was made of the pristine packaging with Rogues eyes watering from what was inside, an emerald Marquis cut earring and necklace set. "The stones are not as large as I might have liked," said Jean, "but I am sure your future husband will more than make up for their lack of size in presents to come." Jean sent a psychic hug to Rogue, who plopped down next to Jubilee, also speechless.

Charles and Remy both retrieved special X-men wrapped packages and cheerfully handed them to Jubilee and Ororo. Charles' to Jubes and Remy's to Ororo.

"I knew it, I knew it," Jubilee sang, tearing into the professors gift to her, "I knew you had me this year." Inside she found a small stack of Ulysses S. Grants. "Look out mall here I come," she cried, as she tossed herself at Charles, hugging him till he was gasping for breath.

Scott delicately removed her arms from the professors neck and walked her back over to her place beside Marie, as she cradled her box to her chest.

Ororo very quietly opened her present from Remy to find herself at a loss for words. Before anyone could blink , she flew from the loveseat into his arms as close to releasing a torrent of tears as she dared. All eyes were on the passive weather witch and the devil eyed charmer, who stood in a vise grip embrace. Remy smiling from ear to ear, while drawing circles on her back soothingly.

"What is it Storm, what did you get?" asked Scott.

Charles noticing the sudden uneasiness of the feral Canadian, as he clenched and unclenched his mug free fist, staring at the embracing couple before them. He shot Logan a knowing smile, that seemed to appease the brewing beast. If just a little.

Jean approached the rarely emotional mutant and her adoptive brother. The unspoken question of her wellbeing written all over her face.

Slowly the brother and sister released one another, Remy keeping his arm around her waist, as she held out a platinum locket to the inquiring re head. Inside one side held the portrait of Ororo's birth parents holding what was obviously a toddler version of Storm. The other side had the engraved names of her fellow X-men, with the professors at the top. The front held the words, 'la Famille est toujours dans le Couer'.

Almost silently Jean asked what the words meant, her heart moved by the very thoughtful gift as well.

"Family is always in the Heart," Ororo answered as she placed a tender kiss upon the Cajuns sparsely beard shadowed face.

A low rumbling growl emanated from Logan.

Hank and Ororo both bent under the tree to gather their Secret Santa gifts.

Hank gave his to Jean with a broad smile lighting his face, "I hope you like it." he said, with a surreptitious glance to Ororo.

Logan hesitantly reached out taking his present from Ororo, as she once again took her seat beside him, tucking her feet near his bottom, without saying a word.

Jean opened her gift, as if she were saving the wrapping for reuse. It only prolonged Hanks agony in seeking her reaction. Her eyes twinkled with a smile, seeing the contents of the box. "I see someone has been talking to Ororo." She sent the message telepathically to Hank, watching him turn bashful eyes to the floor. Out loud she said, "Thank you for this Hank, it will be put to good use."

"What is it, what did he give you?" Jubilee spoke up, anxious to know what they had not shared.

Scott walked over to peer into the box over Jeans shoulder, a wide grin soon on his own face.

"Hank has so thoughtfully secured a weekend getaway for me at Shangri La, with a guest of my choosing," Jean answered. On more than one occasion she had expressed to Ororo her desire to spend some alone time with Scott at the new posh spa that catered to a couples slightest whims, with its many luxurious amenities. To Storm, Jean sent the telepathic message, 'I do so love you, and Ro...you're so dead."

"Oooh la la," Jubilee chanted, "can I come with you, I've heard about that place and..."

"No!" Both Scott and Jean shouted together. Scott turned almost as red as Jeans hair, while Jean rang her hands together nervously, embarrrassed for her outburst.

Jubilee posted a mischievious smirk on her face, "Ok, ok, dang don't go all bull loose in the china shop on me, I can take a hint."

The professor started a small fit of coughing as he looked out of the corner of his eyes to the two elder X-women.

Ororo sent a wink his way, as she hid a smile behind her hand. Noticing Logan still held his unopened gift, she wiggled her toes again. She got a feral glare for her teasing.

"Well, are you going to open that or wait until you have been a good boy," she said, in a voice that sent warmth throughout his body.

Something about her eyes and voice seemed to make it a challenge for him to accept her present. Without hesitating he released one shiny claw from its place. With a flick of his wrist he sliced one end off the package.

"Are ya shittin' me?" he asked, incredulously. Inside the box was a designer duffle, something so not like him.

She gave him a huge smile before saying, "Open it."

Unzipping the bag, findind a compass inside, with the entire face being a picture of the mansion.

She leaned into him whispering into his ear, "You wouldn't want to hurt my feelings now would you? If you decide to leave again you have to carry this bag, your old one is pretty beat up. And if you do this compass is to help you always know your way and place is here with all of us."

Damn the woman knew there was no way in hell he was going to carry such a froufrou bag, so he guessed he was just stuck like Chuck...no pun intended.

Looking around the room he could clearly see that the men were all eyeing the bag and hiding their laughter as best they could. Wolverine snarled low in his throat. All laughter ceased.

"Thanks Ro, but ya really shouldn't have."

"You're welcome, and it was my pleasure."

Forget the fear of the Canadians retribution, the entire room broke out into gales of gut felt laughter.

Ororo blew Logan an air kiss.

He dramatically dropped his head forward, giving Ororo a quick wink.

The last Secret Santa up was Logan. With little overture he handed Scott his gift.

Scott sighed. "Oh crap, I should have known."

Logan had a smile on his face that was innocent evil.

"Just tell me it's not going to explode or any such thing." Scott pled.

"What makes ya think that bub, don't ya trust me?"

"NO!"

"Just open yer damn present di..."

"LOGAN!" Jean and Ororo shouted.

Scott thought the best way to get this over with was just to tear into it like removing a band-aid. A loud gasp was the first reaction once it was open, then quickly he turned beet red. Again.

Logan sat shoulders heaving in silent laughter, drinking another cup of coffee.

All eyes were on Scott.

"Well," said Jubilee, unable to take the suspense anymore.

"Scott, what is it?" Jean asked. At once Jean started stammering, "Uuuhhh...Rogue and Jubilee would you please go to the kitchen and plate the pastries and make a new pot of coffee for us?"

"If ya' want us gone just say so, why don't ya'," said Jubilee, as she and Rogue both left the room heading to the kitchen.

"Well, mon ami?" Remy stood walking over to the blushing couple. Once again he broke out into laughter.

Scott reached into the box and help up a pair of Bumper Nuts...in electric blue, no less.

The room broke out into howls of laughter, even Charles didn't try to hide his fitful outburst.

"Figured ya needed a pair, thought I'd keep em as real ta life fer ya as possible." Logan grinned.

Beast, Remy and Ororo fell over in glee, much to Scott's ire. Jean snatched the blue balls and shoved them back into the box, with a cursory glare at the Wolverine.

Jubilee and Rogue rushed back into the room hearing the riotous laughter. "What did we miss y'all?" Rogue asked, looking from one adult to the other.

Again hoots of laughter.

"Okay, we get it, gift from Logan to Scott, tender girls need not inquire," pouted Jubilee, flouncing back down on the floor in the spot she had vacated, with an irritated huff.

"Actually darlin, there is a gift in there under the...uh hmm, blue weight," Logan said, over the rim of his coffee mug.

Jean lifted the tissue paper, as Scott reached under it. An embossed certificate read...
This entitles the holder to an evening out to the restaurant, and show of choice for two...provided afore gift is attached to mode of transportations bumper.

"Oh Scott I know just where I want to go." Jean begged, turning traitor as far as Scott was concerned.

"Jean! You couldn't possibly want to use this with it's stipulations," Scott balked.

The teen girls looked at one another and shrugged, oblivious to the upset. No biggie they'd badger Remy about it later.

"Scott you do extol the convenience and use of bonds, certificates and coupons." this from Charles, still red and smiling. Again the room was full of laughter.

Scott leaned over to the Wolverine and whispered, "Your balls, tomorrow, danger room, BUSTED!"

Logan sneered back laughing, "Not even if ya used a sledgehammer one-eye."

Somehow Logan knew he would get the pleasure of seeing his gift swinging from the back of Scott's car, as he drove off to the most expensive restaurant and show Jean could think of, all on his dime.

He could care less it would be worth it.





Chapter 3 finale by AngelAloft
Author's Notes:
I have really hated separating this chapter, yet it just didn't feel right to make it stand alone as individual ones. I guess this last part could have been a chapter alone, but oh well, this is it and I hope no one is too disappointed with it.
It was late Christmas night and just like he knew he would, he found Ororo curled up in the bay window seat, next to the fire reading. He took the time to lean on the doorjamb, admiring her beauty.

With one hand she unconsciously twirled a lock of gorgeous hair, while her ocean eyes scanned the pages.

Breathtaking.

Sensing she was no longer alone, she raised her head toward where he stood watching her.

Slowly like a skilled hunter, he walked to where she sat, eyes never leaving hers as he did.

"Ya know we all know you and Jeannie spike the cider and coffee each year."

A shrug and, "Hmm," his only response from her.

"Blue Boy still has a thing fer ya too, much like most of these snot nose little bastards."

Shyly she lowered her eyes, long thick lashes fanning out over the top of regal cheeks.

"I also know yer winds and Chuck's psychic ability, manufactured Santa and his sleigh this morning."

A raised brow and enticing smile.

"Well darlin, let me tell ya something ya don't know, I know ya had my name palmed in ya dainty little hand the whole time before we drew names and it was Jeannie who slipped it to ya. Right when the two of ya were whispering about joining the fight with the half pints fer my attention."

Her head snapped up. Blue eyes doubling in size. A warm flush flooded her cheeks.

"No need ta be embarrassed darlin, on the contrary, I'm more than a little flattered that you wanted ta make sure ya picked me. Even if ya had ta cheat, just a little." he laughed.

Glad for his levity easing her tension at being caught, she too laughed, calming her nerves.

"Ya really go all out fer those ya care about don't ya Ro?"

"Why not, it's a wonderful thing to feel someone's love for you."

"Is that the reason fer the compass,...so I'll feel...yer love?"

She hung her head, no longer able to meet his intense gaze or answer with a coy reply.

Pay dirt.

He sat on the window seat with her. reaching his hand out under her chin to tilt her eyes back up to his view. He felt he was a drowning man in her pools and didn't want or need rescue.

"Logan,...I, we all hate to see you leave not knowing if you are safe and will return to us."

His gaze was so intense she tried to become one with the wall at her back.

"Did ya give me a reason to stay Ro?"

"We hope you have found a home here with us Logan."

"Did ya give me a reason to stay darlin?" he repeated, knowing she knew his meaning.

"Logan..."

Unable to wait any longer, he caught her up into his arms, holding her tightly, as his mouth captured the lips that had been teasing him for a long time. His kiss was tender, yet unmistakably demanding.

Ororo thought if she were standing she would surely be a pool of jelly on the floor right then. His kiss took all lucid rationale from her. Crazy was okay. Crazy could be good.

Coming up for air, Logan pointed up over her head. Her eyes followed his direction, as she spotted the mistletoe hanging over the window seat.

"Oh. Is that why you kissed me just now Logan?"

Answer, a raised brow and feral smile.

"Come. Walk with me Ro." he stood extending his hand to her.

He led her room to room, stopping under each sprig of mistletoe, that seemed to be hung in abundance around the mansion, to kiss her senseless. After coming full circle back to the window seat, she really needed to know what was going on.

"Logan what is happening?" she asked, with an emotion strained voice.

"I'm getting a damn good reason to stay here, darlin." he drawled.

She could no longer hold back. It was now or never. She had to risk making her heart open to the man who had just risked exposing his own. She cradled his face in her hands, "Logan, I will always give you reason to stay. I hate it when you leave. I miss you more than you can know. I...I don't want you to ever leave again."

There she said it.

Logan looked so intensely into her eyes, she felt as if her every unspoken secret and even her very soul was laid bare. But the look of emotion on his own face betrayed his own heart to her, making her want to never leave his embrace. Without words she knew the depth of his love for her and it was overwhelming in the best way.

"Ya know darlin there was one gift not given today. Didn't want ta do it in front of everyone else." He reached into his pocket, taking her hand in his, he placed a platinum unadorned band in her palm.

"Before ya get the wrong idea darlin, I know it's too soon for the one I want ya ta wear forever, this is just a promise ta ya. Ya've brought my life full circle Ro. I feel as if it has started with ya, so until the time is right hopefully fer our forever, would ya be willing to wear this?"

Ororo looked at the band and saw the small writing inside. (O.M. the only one to do the impossible). Not understanding its meaning her eyes silently questioned him.

"It means yer the only one that has ever made me have a real feeling fer living and wanting to stay that way in one place. And if we have days beyond now, each and every Christmas I''ll give ya another reason why ya have done the impossible." he said, his own voice cracking with unspeakable emotion.

"Oh Logan, yes, yes!" For once she released the reserved emotion so tightly held in check. She threw her arms around his neck and kissed him with all that she had been unable to do in her life. He returned the same to her till their inner beings were scorched with the imprint of the other.

Two sets of eyes peered through the staircase railing at the destined couple.

"Ya see, I tol ya da wind is howlin' so madly cuz she said yes."

"Yeah, but he had no choice but to do it, I mean look at her, she's freakin' gorgeous and sh.. I mean stuff. And not to mention there was no way he was going to ever leave here with that designer bag thrown over his shoulder, making him look like a total wuss."

"Gal, ya may be good at shoppin', but yah so missing da point. Dat was da point. Dat he would nevah be able ta leave carryin' dat frilly bag and we all know he would nevah do anything ta hurt Ms. Munroes feelins'. So I guess our lil' family is gonna stay intact. This is truly da best Christmas evah."

"And God bless us everyone." she giggled, as her companions finger reached out to pop the large bubble gum bubble she was blowing.


End Notes:
My late Christmas drabble is over, please review.
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=3383