Something More. by Stormy_Weather
Summary: AU. It's a mix between comics and movies.

There is a life changing question waiting for Ororo to answer, only thing is, she doesn't really know how to answer the question. That is until events lead her to make up her own mind.
Categories: General Characters: None
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: Adult language
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: No Word count: 12221 Read: 12978 Published: 04-26-11 Updated: 06-18-13

1. Chapter 1 by Stormy_Weather

2. Revalations. by Stormy_Weather

3. Disapearing Act by Stormy_Weather

4. Well, do you love him? by Stormy_Weather

5. Finally in Africa by Stormy_Weather

6. If Your Heart's Not In It by Stormy_Weather

7. Moving On by Stormy_Weather

8. Selfishness by Stormy_Weather

9. Kitchen by Stormy_Weather

10. Morning After by Stormy_Weather

Chapter 1 by Stormy_Weather
Author's Notes:
I don't own anything. I just have a little bit of extra time and some creativity.
Ever since they came back from Africa, Ororo hasn't been herself and he's tried to ignore it. He honest to god has because no one else had seemed to notice the slight difference. She had drawn in just slightly, keeping to herself more but not enough for everyone to worry about her. Logan noticed though, and how could he not? After everything the two have gone through with Moriko and Forge and the heart break they have helped each other through along with all the shit that being an X-Man threw at them, why shouldn't he notice? It’s been bugging him and he kept replying their time in Africa to try and pin point what it was and besides blaming T’Challa for her change, he's been unable to pin point the exact cause though.

It wasn't difficult to find Ororo at all. The sweet aroma of Sandalwood and fresh rain fall led him right towards the massive garden. He passed by Tiger Lily’s, large scrubs of Lilacs, bundles of Dragon Snaps, and wild colored Orchids that Ororo had dedicated her spare time to care for. Large hands were slipped into his pants pocket at the wind nipped at his skin. Further and further he traveled down the coble stone path. He noticed a shift in the wind and instantly he glanced upward. His view, sadly, was obstructed by a mixture of frees including old, Weeping Willows and younger apple trees.

Ah! There! He stopped her briefly just between the leaves. Logan waited to catch another glimpse of her. She was magnificent. Up there, high above the trees with the clouds, Ororo seemed one with nature. Her hair was down, and his hands itched in his pockets to get a feel for the silky smooth tresses once again. He couldn’t pick out exactly what she was wearing, but he knew it didn’t involve a lot of clothing. While flying, Ororo wore the least amount possible. He never bothered asking why and he never had any intention too.

“Hey Darling? Ever plan on graces us with the presence of a Goddess?” He shouted over the wind and waited until for her to drift down on her breeze and grace him with her presence.

She had heard him easily. Ororo had noticed him moments before but hasn’t paid any mind to him. She was used to seeing Logan around these parts of the garden. They were the most secluded parts. She had been manipulating the wind around Logan to help her hear him for when he would chose to speak up and address her. She twisted her body with the precision that would make any acrobat envious as she lowered herself through the branches. Blue eyes caught Logan’s dark ones, and Ororo smiled before letting go of her elemental control completely. “Catch me,” She ordered him as she free fell to the ground.

She was in a playful mood, that much Logan could tell as she sprinted a few swift steps and caught Ororo before she hit the ground. “What do you think you’re doing?!” Yelling at her was an automatic reaction because they both knew as sure as the sun setting each night that he would always catch her and she would do the same. He held her and watched her facial expression. She never wore make up, at least not in all the time that he’s known her.

Ororo shifted in his arms to get comfortable. She’s been comfortable around him for as long as she could remember. They had their rough patches, screaming matches, and bad spots, but what relationship doesn’t? Logan misunderstood her shifting as wanting to stand, so he set gently moved her to stand on her feet much to her displeasure. “To what do I owe the pleasure, Logan?” She questioned him. Eyes of sky blue were clouded with curiosity and her lips slightly parted as she waited.

And she went straight to the point, just like that. Logan wouldn’t have put up with her is she wasn’t. Ororo didn’t hide around the bush and it was a trait he admired in her. Logan had hoped that he would have been able to enjoy her company before he opened a can of serious heart to hearts. “I wanted ta know what was up, Darlin’,” He told her out right because there wasn’t a point in beating around the bush either. “Ya’ve been actin’ strange ever since we came back from Africa. I don’t like it.”


Her expression changed and Logan wasn’t sure what to read on her face. Her mouth parted a little bit more and her eyes dulled only slightly. She closed her mouth and turned around leaving Logan to stare at her back. He knew that she wasn’t ignoring him. If his question had upset her, her eyes would have flashed with lightening and she would have pressed her lips together in an angry pout while her eyes narrowed and the surrounding area would have reeked of ozone. No, Ororo was just ambling towards the large willow tree and sitting down at the truck of it. “Did anyone else notice?” She asked him as blue eyes came to focus on his dark ones.

He shook his head and followed her footsteps to sit down beside her. Logan leaned back against the trunk and threw an arm over her shoulder before gently pulling her closer again his chest. She willingly crumbled again him. “Naw, they all got their heads so far up their asses, no one’s noticed.” Logan answered and ignored the Goddess’s face when she turned too scowled at him for his language. “Now, are ya ganna tell me what’s up?” He brought the focus right around and back towards her.

Ororo lowered her eyes and trained her fingertips over his knuckles, focusing over the area his personal weapons came out of. “T’Challa asked me to marry him,” The words tumbled softly over her lips and into the still air. Ororo knew that Logan didn’t care of the King so she wasn’t sure how he’d take to the news, probably worse than everyone else would. Ororo felt him tense at her side, but she didn’t hear and audible respond so she lifted her eyes and focused on his face.

Logan stared at her. It took everything in him to not get up and pace in front of her. He wanted to fly to Africa and strangle the man. Ororo was a Goddess. She was a Warrior. A King wasn’t fit for her. Logan swallowed and closed his eyes, bringing his free hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose, a habit that he had picked up from no one other than the Goddess next to him. “He doesn’t deserve you,” And that was that, that was all Logan had to say to her.

Ororo laughed. She was certain that if Logan had it his way, no one would deserve her or anyone else he cared about, such as Kitten, Rogue and Jubilee. “But he makes me happy,” It was a half-truth. She and T’Challa made sense on paper. He was strong and passionate and so what if there wasn’t exactly any fire and if he’s broken her heart so many times. It beat waiting around for someone else to come along and sweep her off her feet. Someone like Logan. That thought unwilling filtered through her mind and Ororo kept it from showing on her face as she stared up at her friend.
End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed the first bit. I don't know when I'll have time to review again, but feedback will make it happen!
Revalations. by Stormy_Weather
Author's Notes:
So, I might have figured out where this is going. Hopefully. Input is welcome though. There really isn't any ORLO yet, but it's coming. I promise!

Oh, and I own nothing. This is just for fun.
Multiple voices cluttered the room along with the chairs and tables that filled up Harry’s. Laughter and music assaulted his ears but he paid no mind to it. The Canadian held his beer by the neck of the bottle, keeping the bottom on it a quarter of an inch above the table. Unfocused eyes seemed to stare at the mouth of the bottle. She was going to marry T’Challa. No. No she wasn’t. Ororo had simply told him that T’Challa had proposed, she hadn’t told him her answer it. And, if he were being completely honest to himself, he was afraid of that answer.

“Hey Sugah,”

He smelt her at least twenty minutes prior, but Logan hadn’t paid her any mind until the southern belle decided to plop down right in front of him. Logan regarded her silently before he raised his bottle to his mouth and took a swing. “Ya ain’t old enough ta be here, Rogue,” He told her as he took in her covered clothing. It seemed as if Rogue has finally come to terms with not being able to touch anyone, but she wasn’t wearing as many layers as she used to. He was able to see ivory flesh. He blamed the thieving swamp-rat.

“Logan, Ah turned twenty-one last August,” She laughed at him and settled back in the booth. Emerald eyes glanced towards the bar to watch Remy place their order before she focused back on Logan. Something was up and Rogue has every intention on finding out what was up with him. He’s been off for the past two days. “What’s up, Logan?

Hn. It’s June now. Rogue’s been old enough to drink for a while now, and as he thought about it, Logan recalled taking her to this bar and ordering twenty one shots for the young woman in front of him. He had to carry her home. He took another swing of his bottle and searched for Remy. He wanted to know where the other mutant was before he spoke to Rogue. Logan set the bottle back on the table. “T’Challa asked ‘Ro ta marry him,” he told his younger friend; his voice dropping a few notches as he addressed her. “She told me the other day.”

Rogue nodded as she took in the new bit of information. She knew Logan wasn’t too fond of T’Challa but the news did explain that long talks her Swamp Rat has been having with his sister. She folded her arms across the table and leaned just slightly across the table. “What a’h yah gunna do, Sug?” She was generally curious. Ororo marrying T’Challa meant losing Ororo as an X-Men. She’s see less of the other woman who often joined her in flight.

“Don’t know,” Logan told her and caught Remy looking towards them. He lifted his drink towards him and swayed it twice. He was rewarded with a nod before Remy turned around again to order Logan another long necked bottle. He focused back towards Rogue and noticed her dark eyes staring intensely at him.

“Do yah love her?”

The question took him by surprise and Logan wasn’t sure how to answer at first. He enjoyed her company and has always looked forward to spending a few stolen moments of peace with her. He’s never been afraid to go toe to toe with him and put him in his place. She bossed him around and called him on his bull shit and lies. She was beautiful and deadly. Ororo had a kindred heart and Logan often wondered how he’s managed to befriend someone so pure. He locked eyes with Rogue before he nodded his yes. “I think I do,” He told her.

That was that. Remy came to join them at the table with a bottle of beer for each of them. He decided that the two should talk. Rogue hasn’t talk to Logan in a while and Remy knew that they were close and that they had a sort of father-daughter relationship on some days while a sister-brother relationship on others. He draped an arm over Rogue and smirked at the protective look that crosses over Logan’s face before he engaged himself in the light hearted conversation.

******


What should I do? Sapphire eyes focused on the ring that set atop of her dresser. Ororo huffed and fell back atop of her bed, resting on top of her comforter. She turned her head to glance at the framed picture of her family here. Marrying T’Challa would mean leaving the team. She wouldn’t be able to be an X-Men, at least on active duty, while she took on the responsibility as Queen. She would be able to help her people. Not necessarily the people of Wakanda, but the people of Africa as a whole. There were countless of starving people in Africa. But… But the mutants needed a voice, they needed help. Her kind were still faced with difficult times. Would she be able to do both?

She twisted her body to lie on her side and stared at the picture. It was taken the previous summer out by the lake. It was a stolen moment. Kitty stood tiny and as petite as ever never to Peter, both beaming into the camera. Rogue was scolding at Remy for something and he seemed to be swooping in for a kiss. Scott and Emma stood next to each other. They both looked tense and pristine, but Ororo could tell that neither of them minded. Xavier was beaming into the camera with Hank and Kurt on either side of him. Logan was crouched on the ground, with herself leaning over his back and her arms drapes over his shoulders. She had her lips against his ear, whispering him one of their secrets. He looked carefree and a lazy smile occupied his face.

Ororo matched the lazy grin with one of her own and reached out the brush her fingertips over Logan’s body. She was happy. “Why are you avoiding me?” She spoke to the picture frame. Logan hasn’t spoken a word to him since she told him that T’Challa proposed. She hated this. He was supposed to be her friend.
End Notes:
So, I hope you guys enjoyed this bit. Please drop me a review. It'll probably keep me writing.
Disapearing Act by Stormy_Weather
Author's Notes:
I think I figured out where this is going. I hope there aren't too many spelling mistakes. ENJOY!
She had fallen asleep a little past midnight the previous night because of the amount of thoughts that drifted through her head. She had woken up with the rising sun but instead of heading straight down to the kitchen, she had decided to ride the air and greet the sunshine from the sky. It wasn’t until eight o’clock that Ororo lowered herself back into her bed room through the skylights and get ready for the day.

It was less than an hour that she made her way into the kitchen. It seemed as if everyone minus the younger students were awake already. Ororo wondered if the team was so used to waking up at this hour that they did it automatically, even on the weekends. Scott and Emma stood near the coffee machine, while Remy stood at the stove with Rogue laughing at his side. Jubilee, Kitty, Peter, Hank and Kurt were at the table with Xavier. Kitty and Jubilee seemed to be talking excitedly about something and Ororo watched Rogue sit at the table to join her friends. Hank and Kurt were laughing at something while Xavier has a delightful grin on his features.

Scott nodded towards her as she took a step to the coffee machine in order to grab herself a mug and a teabag. She let the teabag drop into the mug, poured in water and but her mug into the microwave. While her tear warmed up, Ororo greeted Remy with a kiss to the check. “Good morning,” She sang and peered into the pan to watch him scramble eggs.

Remy tossed an arm over her shoulder while he tossed in a few peppers into the pan. “Bonjour, Ma soeur,” He greeted his sister and tilted his head to press a kiss to the top of her head. He rested her cheek on the top of her head and kept an eye on his scrambled eggs. Correction, Jubilee’s eggs. She managed to talk long enough to start giving him a headache and she wouldn’t shut up until he agreed. The tiny Asian mutant had the ability on everyone. He shot Ororo a dirty look as she reached for a jar a paprika and shook a little bit into the eggs. The glare was good natured, which Ororo ignored.

“Anyone seen Wolvie? He’s usually the first one down here,” Jubilee glanced at everyone in the kitchen waiting for an answer. Up until now, she, Kitty and Rogue have kept their conversation about this weekend’s shopping trip to themselves, but the conversation had come to a lull and Jubilation just realized that she hasn’t the gruff Canadian all morning.

Remy felt Ororo’s body tense up next to his and he shook his head at her the second she glanced up to look at him, silently asking him if he knew where Logan was in those blue eyes of hers. The rest of the room pitched in their answers, and it seemed as if no one knew where their rogue team member has gone off too.

“Ah know where he is,” Rogue spoke up while she kept a cautious eye Ororo. Logan had dropped by her room early in the morning to let know that he was leaving.

******

The halls were dark and silent and his sensitive hearing let him know that everyone was fast asleep. Why wouldn’t they be, it was nearly five in the morning. Despite knowing that she was sleeping, Logan knocked on the oak door before he opened it and ventured into Rogue’s bedroom. This was a tradition of sorts; before leaving, he always stopped by to let her know that he was leaving. Usually though, the southern belle wasn’t sleeping.

The bed dipped underneath his weight and subconsciously Rogue turned around to face him. He reached out to brush a strand of white hair out of her face and frowned at it. The girl’s been through so much and she overcame it all. “Wake up darlin’,” He tried to whisper but his voice still came out harsh, as if sliding over sandpaper.

Her eyes fluttered before she opened them. Rogue waited a moment as her vision came into focus. “Logan,” She groaned and signed. She prayed that there wasn’t an emergency. Rogue shifted onto her back to sit up and blinked at Logan before she crossed her arms over her chest. “What a’h yah doin’ heah, Logan?”

She didn’t seem that thrilled to be awake this early, but considering that she only went to be recently Logan couldn’t say that he was shocked. “I’m leavin.” He announced and at the glare Rogue threw his way he decided to elaborate. “I need ta just get away fer a little bit,”

“Do ya reallah think thaht’ theh best ideah?” Rogue asked him as she uncrossed her arms. She pushed her dark locks out of her face on focused on him. T’Challa just proposed to Ororo and Logan wanted to run off to clear his head? Was the man fucking stupid? “T’Challa jus’ ahsked ‘Ro ta marry ‘im!” She exclaimed between clenched teeth.

The disbelief that Logan found in her eyes was clear as day to him. He wasn’t good enough for her and he just needed to figure out what to handle it. Ororo must have said yes already. She said it herself, that she was happy, that T’Challa made her happy. It didn’t matter that the bastard has ripped out her heart and spat on it numerous times already. “I came ta say good-bye fer now, Darlin’.” He told her. Did she think that he knew about the wedding proposal?

Rogue narrowed her eyes and if looks could kill, Logan would be dead by now. He was being an idiot! Rogue wished more than anything that Logan would take his head out of his ass and just confront Ororo. The woman was obviously in love with him too, and her talks with Remy has confirmed her thoughts as much. “Ya a’h ah knucklehead, Sugah,” she signed giving up. Logan was stubborn, and Rogue knew better then try and talking him out of something like this. “Be safe, Logan, an’ come bahck ta us,” Rogue told him before she cautiously wrapped her arms around him. “Ah’ll miss ya.”

Logan tightened his arms around Rogue and pressed a kiss to the crown on her head. “Miss ya too, Kid,” He told her before he let her go and allowed her to settle back on to her mattress. “Take care of yerself, I’ll be back soon,” He told her before he walked out of the bedroom and closed the door behind himself.

Rogue growled to the stillness of her room before she plopped back onto her mattress and stared up at the ceiling. Logan was making a mistake; his decision to run off wasn’t going to end well, for him or anyone else involved. All he had to do was tell Ororo how he felt and he could have been with her. Maybe she would have to take matters into her own hands, she mused as she rolled to lie on her side to fall back asleep.


******

Everyone’s eyes were on her, and Rogue really wished she hasn’t said anything. It shouldn’t be much of a surprise that she knew where Logan was though. He always told her before he left. “Hum, Ah don’ realleh know wheha Logan is, but he left earleh this mornin’,” Rogue corrected herself she told the room and focused emerald green eyes on Ororo. “Ah tried ta tahlk him outta leave, but yah know how Logan is,” She finished weakly.

She felt Remy tighten his hold around her shoulder and she tried to smile weakly at Rogue. She should have figured as much. Her chest hurt, and Ororo struggled not to lift her hand to press down on her heart. “He’ll be back,” Ororo spoke what must have been on everyone’s mind. The beep on the microwaved letting her know that he tea was done allowed her to focus her attention elsewhere and Ororo moved to retrieve the mug from the microwave.

Having had picked up the tension between Rogue, Remy and Ororo, Jubilee turned her attention toward Rogue. “What’s going on, Chica?” The tiny girl mouthed to her friend. She only got a secret look that told her that Rogue would tell her later, probably during their shopping trip. She nodded, satisfied with the answer before Jubilation turned her attention towards Remy. “How are my eggs coming along, Remy?” she asked him. She was starving and Jubilee knew that everyone still needed to eat and it was Remy’s turn to cook.
End Notes:
I don't know when the other chapter will be up. I'm working all weekend. Probably sometime next week.
Well, do you love him? by Stormy_Weather
Author's Notes:
yay! another chapter. I'm sorry it's taken so long. I've been swamped with work.
¬¬¬¬The ring felt heavy on her finger but Ororo had to admit that it was beautiful. The band itself was crafted from white gold and instead of the traditional diamond a sapphire sat surrounded by encrusted emeralds. The ring itself seemed to capture the earth and the sky. With a heavy heart Ororo took the ring off her finger and returned the piece of jewelry back into the box and turned her attention back towards her closet. She swung the double doors open and stepped into a room the size of one of the smaller bedrooms within the massive institute. The Weather Witch stepped inside and crossed her arms underneath her chest. She recalled a time when she didn’t have the need for clothes, and looking at her large closet now, you could mistake the room for a clothing store. Light laughter bounced off the walls as Ororo recalled how Jean had spent hours trying to explain the importance of clothing.

The white haired mutant remembered an incident when she and Jean had decided to go swimming. They had agreed to meet at the pool and Ororo had flown down to the pool as bare as the day she had been born. The rest of the team members had been flabbergasted, and Jean had come to her rescue in an instant, carrying a towel and explaining to Ororo that in America people wore bathing suits in a public pool. The young Ororo had been more than a little confused. What was a bathing suit and what was the difference between a pool and a public bath? Oh, how innocent she had been back then. Stepping out of the closet, Ororo peered at her bedroom door when a knock carried her back to the present. “Come in,” She called out before moving to close her closet doors.

Rogue poked her head through the door after opening it to take a quick peek. It was common knowledge that Ororo wasn’t always dressed when she was alone in her room and bits of Ororo’s psyche in Rogue’s head whispered to her, telling her to check if her physical being was actually clothed. It wasn’t that Ororo was ashamed of her body, she was anything but, however, her being nude would make others feel uncomfortable, and Rogue didn’t need to see her mentor naked. “Ororo, can Ah tahlk tah ya?” The southern woman asked stepping into the large bedroom.

“Of course,” Came her regal response as she gestured around her large room for Rogue to make herself comfortable. Blue eyes stayed on Rogue as she sat down on the bed and Ororo moved to follow her. “What is the matter, Rogue?” She asked the moment the both of them were settled.

They hadn’t always been close, in fact, there was a time long ago where Ororo had been weary of the other woman, but Xavier had placed his trust on her when she had decided to leave the Brotherhood and join them, the side of angels. Their relationship seemed to have gotten stronger during the time that Ororo had lost her powers. It hadn’t been Rogue’s fault, but it had been Ororo protecting Rogue from something that had been unknown danger at the time. Time passed though, and Ororo saw the younger woman as a close friend, as a younger sister that completed her crazy family.

“He’s in Japan,” Rogue went straight to the point; she didn’t see the point to hiding around behind a bush, something she had picked up from the Wolverine. Pulling her legs up underneath her and staring down at her lap, she continued. “Ah feel it, in mah head, thaht he’s in Japan. ‘E doesn’t want ya’ ta marry thah Black Pathah, an’ Ah don’ eithah, Ororo,” She looked up at her field leader at the end to catch the shocked expression on Storm’s face. Ororo didn’t belong with T’Challa, and who would she go to once Ororo left? Who else would keep the team together and yell at the Wolverine when he’s being unreasonable and dangerous. Rogue didn’t have a problem with the idea of going toe to toe with him, but the Wolverine listened to no one but Storm.

She wasn’t surprised that Logan was in Japan. Ororo knew that she would have been able to find him over there. Nor was she surprised that Rogue knew about the proposal. Her partner and crime was Rogue’s sweetheart, while Logan was like a father figure to her. But why wouldn’t Rogue want her to marry T’Challa? There were worse choices; she could be married to Forge already. She reached out tentatively and allowed her fingers to whisper across Rogue’s cheek. “I don’t know what you want me to say, dear,” she admitted feeling defeated.

“Well, do love him?” Rogue wanted to know, because there was no point for Ororo to get married to a man that she didn’t love. That was a relationship destined to fail. She had asked Logan the same question, more or less. Ororo deserved to be happy, and so did Logan. A small part of her, wanted to reach out and touch her friend to find out the truth. She couldn’t invade someone’s privacy like that, at least not for her own means.

She felt as if she’s been asked that question a lot lately, when in fact, it’s only been twice. Remy had asked her the same question when she told him, and though Logan hadn’t exactly asked that question, Ororo felt that when she told him, he had wanted to ask her such a question. And now Rogue. She had easily avoided the question with Remy, and in doing so, she had answered his question, accidently, confirming his beliefs. Now she had Rogue to answer to, and she just wasn’t sure how to do so. “I do,” She smiled softly at the southern belle after settling on a half white lie. A small part of her did love T’Challa, the part of her that didn’t grow up and still believed in fairytales.

She felt defeated. Why did both of these people insist on making this difficult? “Yah’ll still come ta visit, won’t’yah?” The words tumbled out her mouth, and hopeful green eyes focused in on Ororo’s bright blue ones. Logan had already left, and Rogue wasn’t sure when he’d be back, and Ororo would be leaving to once she became a Queen. She still had Remy, but it wouldn’t be the same without Ororo and Logan. Her family would be incomplete.

Ororo smiled warmly and wrapped her arm around Rogue’s shoulders, pulling the younger girl gently against her side. “You would not be able to keep me away, my dear Rogue,” She whispered into dark colored hair. Ororo closed her eyes and sighed into her friend’s hair. She wasn’t sure what her plan of action was, all Ororo knew what that she needed to talk to T’Challa, get away, and get her thoughts together.
End Notes:
So, i'm super sorry that not only did this take forever, but it's also extremely short. I've working working on the next chapter. This it basically just a filler to get me to where I want to be. I promise that I've already started on the next chapter and that I'm just trying to find a right place to end it at.
Finally in Africa by Stormy_Weather
The faint click of her heels was the only sound in the small shuttle that the African had used to fly to her homeland. It's been at least twelve years since she's been under the rubble of her home with her dead parents but small spaces still made her panic. Flying a commercial airplane would have been too crowded, riding the winds would have been exhausting and the X-Men would need the blackbird. So with permission from Scott and Charles, Ororo had taken one of the shuttles. The flight hadn't been too long but it was tiring. She passed her suitcases and took a deep breath of Africa's hot air as the ramp opened. Her knee length cotton skirt billowed around her in the late afternoon breeze. She had arrived in time of the sunset.

Descending the ramp, Ororo took note of the welcoming committee T’Challa had provided for her. She had contacted him earlier in order to clear her flying shuttle with his air commanders. She had told him she didn't want a fuss when she landed. The king had offered her a room with free boarding, and it would have been rude for her to decline such a request. His body guards, Dora Milaje, flanked T’Challa, their calculating eyes assessing the air craft Ororo had flown and her body for any weapons or danger that could harm their King. The King, undisturbed by the lack of trust his Dora Milaje placed in Ororo, took a step towards her with a smile that used to make her heart stop. He spread his arms wipe in a welcoming embrace and breathed her name in greeting as she stepped into the circle of his arms.

It wasn’t the type of embrace she was used to, but it was still a warm welcome. She laid a gentle kiss against his smooth cheek, something expected but suddenly all together unfamiliar, in response to his greeting before she detangled herself from his arms. "How have you been, T’Challa?" though they had chatter earlier they did not exchange pleasantries.

Ever the gentleman, T’Challa offered Ororo his arm, which she accepted as he signaled one of his servants to collect her bags and carry them into her assigned room, which had been set up hours previous. "Far too busy. I've had to keep an eye on the western territories for domestic wars. Hopefully I will be able to enjoy of your company instead of working. And you, Ororo, Anything new in the life of the X-man?"

She sighed, and falling back into old habits as easily as she fell in step with him, the white haired woman rested her head on his shoulder. "Scott and Emma are finally public with their relationship; Rogue and Remy are currently on an on span of their relationship; Kitty and Peter finally admitted their feelings to each other, after a lot of nudging from Jubilee. "

"And The Wolverine? Is he not part of the X-Men, or have you had a falling out?"

"Logan?" Ororo was surprised that T'Challa brought him up. She knew that the King didn't care for him. "He is visiting in Japan, checking up on Yukio."

"Yukio is the one that encouraged you to cur off all of your hair? That man and the people he considers his friends is questionable."

Anger flared in her chest, and Ororo stopped walking in order to look at him. "Does that make me questionable?"

He looked at her, stunned, trying to figure out what exactly he could say to back track. "Of course not, Ororo. I was merely-"

"Logan is my best friend, remember that. He stood by my side, unquestionably loyal. He helped me though my hardest points in life, and always had faith in me. As for Yukio, she aided me in my discovery of life. She taught me to take risks, and never be afraid. Without either one of them, I would not be to woman I am today. Do not question my friends, King." Ororo kept her eyes on him, until T’Challa nodded his head, and began walking again.

“I’ll have one of the Dora Milaje show you to your room.” She heard him say before the king went left. One of his guards moved to walk beside Ororo, silently guiding her, while another two followed behind her. The servants brought up the rear with Ororo’s luggage.

“Is it my usual room?”

“Yes.”

Ororo nodded to herself, and turned around. The Dora Milaje moved out of her way, and Ororo took her luggage from the servants. She smiled warmly at both of them, because her eyes turned white and Storm took to the skies, swiftly flying to her room.

*****


Sorry this is sort of short, I have my muse back finally, and I know exactly where I’m going with this, at least a little bit, anyway.

Hopefully, I’ll be able to get an update up soon. Anyway, you’ll know you want to review!
If Your Heart's Not In It by Stormy_Weather
Author's Notes:
I'm so, so, so sorry this took so long. I've been crazy busy with college but it's finally spring break. So ahh, here it is! Please read and review of course!
The places reeked of sweat, piss, and vomit, and it made breathing difficult, but it still didn’t drive away the scent of her. It’s been three days since he’s been here, not in this bar of course, but in Japan. He stayed away from the cities, choosing instead to settle near the sea, where the ocean air still had a chance to reach his nose, where she was still able to haunt him. It was a stupid choice really, because any natural, earthy scent reminded him of her, but he couldn’t bring himself to completely leave her. The distance was already hard enough, but to lose her completely… His chest ached at the thought, and Logan was prepared to get used to it.
Fucking T’Challa.

He grunted and took another swing from his bottle, dark eyed focused on the bottles that lined the back of the bar wall as the door slammed opened behind her. Shit. Even without his sense of smell, the fall of boots gave the new pardon away in an instant, and Logan wondered how the hell she was able find him? He shoved the question aside, shocked that he was even surprised, this was a woman that has known just as long as Ororo, maybe even longer, of course she would be able to fine him.

“Yukio,” Logan greeted her as the tiny woman sat down at the bar to his right. The woman was silent as she slammed her hand on the bar, and shouted her order at the barkeep, her demeanor as wild and as the dark hair that hung down her back, and when she finally looked at Logan, with those sharp eyes of hers, he had to look away, because Yukio was pissed, and Logan just wasn’t in the mood.

“You are a fucking idiot,” she told him in English, and as he ignored her, taking a last pull from his beer, she noticed that he looked like shit. His clothes were bloodied and covered in dirt, which for the bar they were in, was entirely acceptable. She leaned forward and sniffed him, before jerking back as the barkeep placed her drink in front of her. Yukio extended a short leg and kicked the side of Logan’s calf. “What the fuck are you doing here?”

“Having a drink, isn’t it obvious?” For someone that was just around his height, that kick has a bit to it, but Logan ignored it, he’s been getting into fights since before she was born, a kick from her high heeled feet didn’t bother him much.

“Logan,” Yukio said, her voice soft, a trick she had picked up from Ororo no doubt, and Logan turned to look at her, which was exactly what she had wanted, before the anger from her eyes was gone, but the pity he saw there only spiked his anger. He didn’t need pity.
“What are you here?” He growled at her.

“To convince you to go get the love of your life,” she answered easily, and the corners of her mouth tilted up weakly. “I like Ororo, and if she marries that African Ape, I’ll never see her again. I’m doing this all for myself, of course.”

Logan grunted at her and signaled for another drink as Yukio took a sip of her own hard liquor. “He makes her happy,” Logan said, and ignored the sharp pain in his chest, because Logan knew that Ororo had lied to him, knew that he could make her happier even if he wasn’t good for her, he knew how she ticked, and what buttons to push or not to push, he knew her inside and out.

“You make her happier,” Yukio insisted with a gentle voice, and reached out to touch his arm. Logan turned and gave her a steady stare, and though it wasn’t one of disbelief or even anger, there was something in his stare that unnerved Yukio, and she let go of his arm and took a drink from her beverage. It wouldn’t be until a lot later that she would realize just what that look meant, and that she has seen the look before, when his last wife had died.

It was a look of hopelessness.

*****


She’s only seen T’Challa for a total of three hours in the past two days of her arrival, and she was infuriated, because if this was how their marriage was going to be like, Ororo would turn around right then and there and head back to Westchester. She couldn’t imagine a marriage where she hardly saw her husband, no matter how much she loved each other.

She had spent time with the Queen of course, but a majority of the time Ororo spent her time out in the gardens. T’Challa had once told her that he had them expanded years ago because they reminded him of her, and Ororo had been too touched, so smitten, that she couldn’t remember loving a man more then she had at that moment. That man wasn’t who T’Challa was anymore, and as the hours passed in the exotic gardens, Ororo began to realize that more and more.

“You do not love my son.”

Ororo started and turned around and dipped her chin at T’Challa’s mother. She has never once bowed to the Queen, nor has she been asked to do so. Having once been voiced as a Goddess, Ororo always saw the Queen as her equal, and once she discovered that her mother had been a princess, Ororo stopped feeling guilty for not bowing. They were both women; after all, each one having to do what is needed to survive, to stay good, and to make their own God proud.

“Ramonda,” Ororo greeted the older woman, and stopped her journey through the garden to allow the Queen to catch up to her. She had a hard face, but kind green eyes, so unlike her stepsons dark brown eyes. “You startled me.”
“Yet you do not deny me claims,” Ramonda said as she caught up to Ororo, and the two began walking through the maze of pathways together.

Ororo hardly paid attention to the flowers now, mindful of her interaction with the Queen. She knew that Ramonda loved T’Challa as if he was her own, but they both also knew that T’Challa was his own man, and that he did not need protecting, but Ororo still worried that the Queen would turn her first love against her.

“Your son has never been an easy man to love,” Ororo answered, and turned her head in order to catch Ramonda’s eye so that she could offer the woman a gentle, teasing smile.

Ramonda reached out and grabbed ahold of Ororo’s hand, and the both of them stopped underneath the shade of a large tree. Ororo felt her back tense for only a moment until she caught to gentle look in Ramonda’s eyes, and though it had been decades since Ororo saw her own mother, a part of her felt that the gentle look in the older woman’s eyes would be how her mother would look at her during talks of love, and Ororo’s throat dried, because she hadn’t realized how much she missed her parents and the guidance she wanted from them, how much she wanted that from Charles, and Ororo felt guilt, because she was an adult, she ought to be able to make her own choices.

“Ororo, my dear, you are a smart woman, you are brave and you are beautiful, I can see why my son loves you, and why he believes you would be fit to be a queen, but do not marry him if you do not love him. Do not marry him if he does not possess your whole heart,” Ramonda gave Ororo’s hand a tight squeeze and refused to let go of her, and with the same stubbornness, she refused to break eye contact, and Ororo found that she couldn’t force herself to look away because she realized that those were words she has been waiting to hear.

“I cannot bear the thought of hurting your son,” Ororo admitted in a whisper, and watched as Ramonda smiled kindly at her, the gesture lighting up Ramonda whole face.

“It will all work out in the end, my dear Ororo. You heart is what is most important, and I will not allow you to marry my son if you do not love him completely.”
Moving On by Stormy_Weather
The following night found Ororo waiting in T’Challa’s own master suite, after she had to after she had to threaten his own guards to allow her entrance. The walls were a beautiful dark shade of green with intricate pale gold designs that broke up the green. The bed, of course, was king sized, and Ororo was certain that she would be able to lie down comfortable across the width of the bed. The bed sheets were white, simple, and in Ororo’s opinion, boring. Her own bedspread at home currently was a beautiful light shade of blue, the same blue as early dawn, which stood out brightly against the dark frame of her own bed. T’Challa had no personal artifacts in his bedroom, Ororo realized with a pang of sadness. There was no photos on the wall, no trinkets on his dresser, no scattered pens and papers, no books or magazine. There wasn’t any proof that someone lived here.

With a sinking feeling she sat down on top of the mattress, and pursed her lips at the folds of the comforter that her sudden weight had caused with carelessness. That would no doubt bother T’Challal his perfect bed was suddenly imperfect. This was empty, there wasn’t a single trace of the person living here, not a single clue to who the man T’Challa was, and suddenly she realized, could T’Challa lived in a perfect little world, where there was no room to breathe. Could that be why he loathed Logan the way he did? Why he had just a disdain to her spending time with Logan, because she wasn’t surrounding herself with perfection? Why else would he work so hard for this country, why else would he have hardly been around to speak to her these past couple days, because his own country still wasn’t perfect.

She placed the small box on the bed before getting up and moving towards the window. The sun was setting, and the sky was burning in yellows, oranges, and reds. Shadows that belonged to various plants, garden furniture and fountains stretched for meters away from the burning sun and towards the promising darkness. Her hands gripped the windowpane, and she pulled up, allowing the sweet scent of summer hair into the room, and the light curtains flew back into the room with the coming breeze. There, some movement within the room, that was better. Ororo watched the first night stars dot the darkening sky, watched the sun sink down below the horizon and taking the last of its fiery colors with him as the moon claimed the heavens.

Please, Goddess, am I doing the right thing? The weather wondered, as she studied the sky, blue eyes mapping out the stars and the constellations they formed. Like all other decisions, Ororo looked at the pros and the cons; she looked at the situation from all angles, because for some reason, she had a hard time making choices with her heart. Wind surged into the room, tangling her hair and providing her with the answer she needed as the door opened behind her. Ororo nodded towards the outdoors and turned around at T’Challa spoke.

“Ororo, what are you doing here?” He asked her, stepping into the room. He closed the door behind him, but made no move to walk further into the room, instead his eyes focused on her, and as Ororo looked at him, she realized that those weren’t the same eyes she fell in love with. They were colder, calculating, and though she could see the love in them, she was unable to see any life.

Ororo looked away and walked across the room towards the bed, feeling T’Challa’s eyes on her the entire time. “We are not children anymore, T’Challa. You and I have both grown, both become something that we were not years ago when we met, when we feel in love,” Ororo was saying as she neared the bed. She reached down and picked up the tiny box, and turned to look at him, sealing her heart for the pain that struggled to break her, to stop her voice. This man was her first love, and for the longest time she has compared other men to him, had a need to be good enough for him. Ororo wasn’t even able to number the nights that had stayed awake trying to figure out why she hadn’t been good enough for him when they were children, she wasn’t able to explain how much he had hurt her when he had left, because being a king had been more important than her.

“Ororo, what are you saying?” he asked as he stepped further into the room, strong arms out-stretched towards her, as if trying to keep her there with him, trying to cage her and everything she could be.

“I cannot marry you, T’Challa,” she answered and reached out to place the tiny box in one of his outstretched hands. She slipped her hands into the pockets of her jeans and watched his expression crumble from confusion and heartbreak. There was a dull pain in her chest, but Ororo forced herself to ignore it as T’Challa looked down at the box before he looked back at Ororo at a loss, and just like that, in a fraction of a heartbeat, his expression was controlled into a look of control, of indifference.

“You are making a mistake.”

“No, T’Challa. You are no longer the man that I fell in love with, you stopped being that man when you made it clear that your duties would always come first, and I understand that it may make me sound hypocritical, because I was the same with forge, but if our duties were the same, if we have the same goals, I would have been able to accept that. I would still love you with all of my heart,” she explained, keeping her voice level, trying make herself be heard and have him understand.

“I am exactly the same person I was all those years ago, Ororo,” T’Challa said, setting the ring box on top of the nightstand. “Are you sure it isn’t you that changed? Pretending to be a goddess can do that to people, but then again, so can being an X-Men.”

She knew that his comment about having been a goddess was supposed to get under her skin and upset her, but Ororo allowed his words to roll off her skin. “Perhaps you’re are correct, T’Challa, and I am no longer the same woman I was all those years ago. That does not change the fact, however, that you deserve someone that loves you with all of their. You deserve someone that loves every single aspect of you, and I am incapable of doing that. I am sorry, but I cannot marry you.” She pressed a kiss against his cheek and walked around him, heading for the door. “I will be gone before sunrise.”
Selfishness by Stormy_Weather
Author's Notes:
So, this is pretty much wrapping itself up. This might actually be the last update to Something More, but if you want more or a squeal just let me know. Anyways, pleases RR it's a huge encouragement.
Ororo pressed her back against the door as soon as it shut behind her. Struggling against the onslaught of emotions, Ororo closed her eyes to prevent the tears from falling. That has to have been one of the hardest things she has ever done. Ororo has never broken of a relationship before. In the past it had always been the other person that ended things. She wondered if it was this hard for them when they ended her, or if it was only this difficult before it was her first time ending things.

The weather witch reached up to remove the stray tears that streaked her cheeks just as a knock sounded on the other side. The noise was to gentle to have belong to T’Challa, and Ororo turned around and pressed her forehead against the wooden door. She took a deep breath and opened the door to be greeted by Ramonda. She attempted to smile at the woman as she pushed the door open wider, the smile fell flat.

Ramonda reached out and gently cupped Ororo’s cheek. “I only wanted a quick word,” the older woman said, and Ororo nodded stepping side to allow the Queen to come into the room. Once Ramonda was in the bedroom, Ororo closed the door behind her, and still not trusting her legs with the surge of emotions inside of her, Ororo leaned back against the door once more as Ramonda quickly glanced at the packed bags. “I will have someone pick those up for you in a moment,” she said and Ororo nodded absently. That wasn’t why the queen was here though.

Finally, Ramonda turned dark, soil colored eyes towards her, and Ororo felt the weight of the knowledge behind those eyes. “I can understand if you do not come back here, or if you will ever speak to T’Challa again, although with the nature of your relationship with my son, I doubt that. I want you to know though, dear Ororo, that I do not think you are making the wrong choice.”

Ororo felt her stomach drop, because she had wanted to hear that before she had spoken to T’Challa, but even known hearing now, there was a certain comfort in hearing the words from Ramonda. Ororo knew she made the right choice, and this, this small moment was the last confirmation she would need to stop herself from wondering about this in the future. Ramonda and Ororo lapsed into a moment of silence, before Ramonda excused herself and headed out of the bedroom.

Ororo took a ragged breath and squared her shoulders before she collected her bags and silently left the bedroom. The bags were light, and Ororo wondered if she briefly wondered if she had done it subconsciously. Hm.

*****


The sound of a cellphone buzzing across wood and falling on the ground woke Yukio out of a deep slumber. She grunted and blindly reached for the small metallic device before blindly hitting the answer button and pressing the phone to her ear. She wiped a smear of drool from her mouth and listened to the snoring on the sofa before she hissed a What? into the phone.

A moment later the tiny Asian fell out of the bed and the snoring on the couch stopped, Logan standing at the ready, silver eyes focused on her, as she stared wide-eyes across the room, unseeing for a moment. “Rory,” Yukio sighed into the phone and closed her eyes. Rory was the name the Yukio rarely used when talking to Ororo, but it was still a term of endearment, usually only used when her best friend needed her the most. Yukio opened her eyes up quickly and focused on Logan, because he didn’t know about Ororo’s special nickname.

“No, there are no naked suitors here, it’s okay for you to come by. How long until I see you?” Yukio spoke into the phone and then heard the familiar noise of her lock turning. She saw Logan tense and both of them turned their eyes towards the door as Ororo pushed it open, and stood before them, drenched to the bone.

Logan didn’t move while Yukio hung up the phone and ran across the open spaced flat and wrapped the white haired goddess in a fierce embrace. Ororo didn’t wrap her own arms around the tiny Asian, instead she stood still as a statue with her blue eyes focused on Logan, and he felt his shackles come up. He saw the hurt and the unbelievable anger in those eyes, and all of her emotions were directed at him. There were no obviously tear streaks across her cheeks which meant that she hasn’t been crying, not that she would, Ororo was a champion at keeping her emotions to herself, but when she had opened the door, her eyes had been different. Her pain was somehow this fault.

“Yukio, could you excuse us?” Ororo asked, turning her gaze away from Logan to look at her dearest friend. Yukio offered a forced smile, mentioned something about tea and slipped off towards the kitchen.

“’Ro, what are ya doin’ here? I thought ya were with th’ ““

“Shut up,” Ororo interrupted him, and took a bold step towards him, eyes blazing with a swirl of emotions as she grossed her arms. She didn’t swear, has never told anyone to shut up but she was so angry at him, so angry at him and his stupid choices and his awful habit of running away. “The only thing I want to hear is why you ran away from me?”

He wasn’t able to answer at first, the fire in her eyes taking his breath away from him, until he realized that Ororo was waiting for an answer. “I don’ runaway.”

“Don’t lie to me, Logan,” the words came out in a growl, and Logan had to admit that he ought to have been concerned. She might actually have been spending too much time for him. “You ran away.”

“Darlin’, I felt you make a choice, I don’ understand how me leaving was runnin’ away.”

“You let me make a wrong choice!”

“I thought it was it was a good idea. Ya needed someone ta take care of ya. Marryin’ T’Challa was a good choice.”

“I don’t need anyone to take care of me, Logan. You should understand that better than anyone else.”

“No, ya do. Ya need someone to remind ya to stop worryin’ about the kids and take some time for yer self. Ya need to stop beating yerself up over a lost battle or a bad trainin’ session. Ya need help remembering ta eat and ta go ta bed. Darlin’, ya need someone ta look out for ya, ya needed someone ta let ya be selfish.”

“Oh! Like you are selfish? You would know all about that, would you not? With the way you constantly run off?”

“I left ‘cause I couldn’t tolerate the idea of ya marryin’ that man!”

“Then why did you not say anything?” Her voice softened here, and almost sounded silent after the yelling between the pair of them.

“Ain’t it obvious, ‘Ro? I don’t deserve ya.”

She laughed here, it was soft, short and musical. She reached out to cup his cheek. “You do not get to make that call, Logan.”

“Actually, he’s right. You’re way too hot for him,” Yukio yelled from the kitchen, and there was a moment of silence. “So, ah, the tea is done if you guys are done fighting in there, because I missed my best friend, and since she technically came to see me, you can finish dealing with your relationship later.”
Kitchen by Stormy_Weather
Author's Notes:
Hey! I'm sorry this took a while. I had it done but I just didn't feel like it was finished, you know? Anyways, here it is. I hope it doesn't suck to bad. Let me know what you think!
Yukio’s studio was decorated in typical Yukio fashion. The entire space was wide open, and from the kitchen, Ororo was allowed to see the survey the rest of the house. Articals of clothing lead from the door across the wide space that made up her living room, and up to a small platform underneath the main windows where she kept her bed. Yukio liked having her arm hang of from the side of her bed, so she had to have built her own frame for the average sized mattress. On the floor, next to the platform, Yukio had three metal clothing racks which was overfilled with her clothes without any organization. The only room that had any privacy, was the bathroom, tucked between the space that made up her kitchen and the space that made up her bed.

Her living room had only two couches that faced each other and a coffee table in between them. The tiny Asian didn’t have television, but the coffee table had a small sized radio. Yukio had explained to her once before that she didn’t need television to fuel her information or that she needed the news to bring her down; all she needed was music and her life was perfectly okay.

The kitchen was simple, with an island rather than a table and an empty fridge. Her cupboards were filled with snack foods and easily cooked food that she would be able to microwave if need be. Yukio was a person that ordered out, rather than cooked. She cooked as well as Ororo baked.

The three of them stood around the small island in the tiny kitchen. Ororo had her hands cupped around her mug of tea, while across from her Logan nursed his beer and Yukio stood between them, drinking her own tea, slightly modified with spiced rum. There was a silence, and Ororo was certain that her friends were struggling to keep themselves from asking her about T’Challa and what exactly she was doing here. She caught Yukio send a dirty look at Logan before those playful eyes settled on her.

“We’re going out,” she announced while Ororo took a sip from her still steaming cup. The weather witch arched an eyebrow at her dear friend and regarded her curiously. “And by we, I mean the two of us. It’s been far too long since I had you too myself and you’re technically here to see me anyway.”

“It has been far too long, Yukio, where would you like to go?” Her young friend knew this country far better than she did, and with Yukio being as wild and carefree as she was, she knew all of the best places anywhere in the world.

“Anywhere and everywhere!” She exclaimed and her entire oval face lit up with enthusiasm as Logan groaned beside her and dropped his forehead into his palm. “So, same outfit from the last time?”

Now she felt Logan’s eyes on her, because the last time she has worn a form fitting little number. The deep red coloring had highlighted the faint blush in her cheeks as they had gone dancing at the numerous clubs in New York City. This wasn’t New York though, and fashion was entirely different in Japan. “How about something a little bit more appropriate for a night out?” Ororo finally answered after a moment, and she couldn’t help but laugh as the ecstatic look on Yukio’s face as she finished of her tea before she ran off towards her racks of clothing.

She shifted her gaze towards Logan, who hasn’t taken his eyes off her. Ororo quirked an eyebrow at her dearest and oldest friend as he watched her carefully.

“Are ya sure that’s a good idea?” Logan asked her before he reached for his bottle. There was obvious concern in his voice, that with Ororo he knew he didn’t have to cover. Break-ups were hard, and though he knew they had just had an argument, things quickly went back to normal. Things between them were as they always were after a breakup; the other doing their best to be there.

“Are you concerned that I am incapable of taking care of myself?” Ororo asked him in return, and folded her arms over the table. Logan watched her lean across them towards him, and her blue eyes focused solely on him. Not long after, she flashed her rare devil may care smile. It’s been far too long since she’s smiled like that, but considering their recent topic he was not in the mood and he growled in return. It was low, vibrating across his chest, and it was clearly a warning not to go there. “Will you be following us to make sure I will be alright?” She taunted him, his warning falling on deaf ears.

“Yukio’ll be able to keep an eye on ya just fine.” There was an edge to his voice, and his hand tightened around the bottle of his beer. He was pissed; he knew that Ororo was perfectly aware that he hadn’t meant it like that. The former Goddess seemed to be in the mood for a fight, and Logan, for once, wasn’t in the mood to give her one.

Yukio came into the room with a flourish, in a low waist pleated leather skirt, that reached her knees and a white laced shirt with capped sleeves. Her short hair was spiked around her angular face, and dark kohl lined her eyes. She held up a simple black dress, and Ororo raised her eyebrow at her friend. The dress was far more conservative than the last outfit she wore, but Yukio only grinned and spun the hanger around so that Ororo and Logan could see the back of the dress.

Or rather, lack thereof.

Ororo whistled, and stood up without taking her eyes off the dress. She moved around the kitchen island and pressed a kiss against Yukio’s cheek as she plucked the dress from her friends hand and made her way out of the room so that she could change. As soon as Ororo was out of the room, Yukio hopped up to sit on top of her island and focused dark eyes on Logan. “So what’s your game plan?”

Logan quirked an eyebrow at the tiny girl and finished of her beer. “I don’ know what yer talking about, kid,” he answered, and for someone that’s known him for as long as she has, Yuikio was able to detect the bullshit.

“Does she know that you love her?” As soon as Yukio asked the question, she knew how stupid it was. Logan never came right out and told someone how he felt. It was a guessing game. The man was always better at showing how he felt rather than talking about it. That would be his greatest undoing, Yukio decided, unless she took matters into her own hands. “Never mind, Logan. You’re just probably going to fuck this up anyway.”

He nearly choked when she spoke and turned dark, angry eyes towards the tiny woman. This conversation was all too familiar, and he had to wonder briefly if Yukio and Rogue had exchanged numbers and discussed his live late at night. “That really ain’t any of your business,’ he growled at her, hand tightening around the empty bottle.

The dark haired woman pressed her palms on the flat surface of the table and leaned towards Logan, brown eye pure eyes. “It is when she’s the best friend any one of us could imagine having it,” she matched his growls with one of her own.

Before Logan could retaliate, Ororo stepped out of the bathroom, and both Logan and Yukio turned their attention towards the weather witch at the sound of the door opening. Yukio whistled, and Logan froze, having a difficult time to look up from her legs. The back dress reached to about midthigh, and it hung comfortably from her shoulders. The goddess grinned at both of them before she spun around. The back of the dress scoped down, collecting with loose fabric just above her crack, if she moved just the right way, Logan would have been able to see those glorious cheeks. He had to bite back a possessive growl as Ororo finished her spin and turned to face her friends again.

Yukio pratcially fell of the island as she ran to go collect them each a pair of shoes. It didn’t take her more than ninty seconds for her to find the shoes she was looking for. Ororo ignored Logan as she watched her friend with obvious amusement until she was handed a pair of red heels. Yukio slipped on her own pair of black heels as Ororo slipped on her own shoes.

Yukio reached for Ororo’s hand before turning to Logan and waved at him. “Don’t wait up!” She hollered at him before dragging Ororo out of the flat with a joyous laugh.

Logan shook his head and moved away from the island. He needed to get the hell out.
End Notes:
Again! Please read and review!
Morning After by Stormy_Weather
Author's Notes:
Hey! two updates in one month? Woah! This one is short though. I might be wrapping this up in a few more chapters. Please review guys. Reviews keep my going.
The air was heavy, but Yukio didn’t even notice. She was used to the smog and the noise and the inability to see the stars even this late in the noise. Music pulsed and mixed together from various clubs forming a sort of indescribable beat, a remix of all of the songs around them with the laughter and yelling and the sound of car horns all around them. Both women blended in easily with their surroundings, which was extremely satisfactory. They were able to spend hours, undisturbed, as they moved from club to club and danced until early morning.

They fell into her bed together shortly after sunrise and the tiny woman reached behind her to pull Ororo close against her back and draped her friends arm around her waist. Ororo was used to curling up with Yukio, and falling into old patterns was easy with her. Yukio felt Ororo move her hair and rest her chin on top on her head, and the tiny Asian wrapped her fingers around her hand. They lay in silence for a long moment before Yukio finally spoke, breaking the silence with a whisper.

“I’ve missed you.”

Ororo turned her head and pressed a kiss to the top of Yukio’s head. “And I you, my Yukio.”

Ororo’s voice husky, and it was obvious to Yukio that she was almost asleep. “Hey, Ororo,” she whispered quietly, quickly before the weather witch could fall into a deep sleep. “Do you love Logan?”

There was a moment of silence, and Yukio was afraid that Ororo may have fallen asleep already. She closed her own eyes, ready to fall sleep herself.

“Of course I do, now go to sleep, Yukio.”

She smiled into her pillow before letting sleep claim her.

*****


The door slammed a while later and Yukio squinted through sleep towards Logan as he moved about in her flat. He was bored is his quick jerky movements were any indication. She pulled the sheet closer around her, before lifting her head to glance over her shoulder at Ororo. She was still fast asleep, even with the door slamming shut, and Yukio felt a surge of guilt. When was the last time Ororo had gotten a good amount of sleep? She frowned at the thought, and reached out to pull the covers over the African goddess. She knew the Ororo didn’t need it, but she should have taken better care of Ororo. She should have put Ororo to bed rather than dragging her out at all hours of the night.

Yukio freed herself from the prison the bed sheets have created around her before she got up. She caught Logan’s eye and pressed her index finger to her lips before she stepped down from the raised floor of her bed and disappeared into the bathroom. She had left her clothes there from the night before, and Yukio changed out of her skirt and blouse and into the oversized t-shirt she had been sleeping in before Ororo had arrived. She stepped out a moment later and found Logan in the small nook that was her kitchen. She went to join in in the tiny room and climbed up to sit on top of her counters.

Both of them set in a calm quiet while Logan nursed his beer, dark eyes focused on Ororo on the other side of the apartment. He was able to feel Yukio’s eyes on him, but at the moment, that wasn’t important. Ororo had looked like shit earlier, so he was relieved to see that she was finally getting some rest. He could understand why Yukio had taken Ororo out. She had a habit of occasionally wallowing in self-doubt, and Yukio had been able to provide the perfect distraction by taking her out into the city.

“How long has she been sleeping?”

Yukio glanced at the time that glared in green lights from her microwave before turning her attention towards Logan for only a moment before she turned to look at the sleeping Nubian beauty. “Since sunrise.”

Logan nodded absently. She’s been asleep been asleep for ten hours already, and though Logan knew he should wake her up, anything more than ten hours would mess up her sleeping cycle, he couldn’t bring himself to do so. Besides, who knew how much sleep she had been able to get in Africa. The Canadian turned his focus on Yukio now. “How was she?”

“Heartbroken,” Yukio answered honestly before she twisted her body to pull open the door to her fridge. She leaned into it and reached in to remove her own bottle of beer from the middle shelf. She sat back and closed the door to her fridge and turned brown eyes towards Logan. “She’s hurt Logan, and no amount of distractions are going to fix that.”

Again, they lapsed into a silence. The last time he saw Ororo broken was after Forge, and this time was different. She had been the one to turn her back to a happy ending, instead of having the door slammed into her face. This was completely new territory for him, and he wasn’t sure how to help Ororo.

“You need to tell her you love her Logan,” she spoke in Japanese, her eyes on the sleeping woman. “Maybe not today, or tomorrow, but she needs to know.”
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=3412