Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't own anything. I just have a little bit of extra time and some creativity.
Ever since they came back from Africa, Ororo hasn't been herself and he's tried to ignore it. He honest to god has because no one else had seemed to notice the slight difference. She had drawn in just slightly, keeping to herself more but not enough for everyone to worry about her. Logan noticed though, and how could he not? After everything the two have gone through with Moriko and Forge and the heart break they have helped each other through along with all the shit that being an X-Man threw at them, why shouldn't he notice? It’s been bugging him and he kept replying their time in Africa to try and pin point what it was and besides blaming T’Challa for her change, he's been unable to pin point the exact cause though.

It wasn't difficult to find Ororo at all. The sweet aroma of Sandalwood and fresh rain fall led him right towards the massive garden. He passed by Tiger Lily’s, large scrubs of Lilacs, bundles of Dragon Snaps, and wild colored Orchids that Ororo had dedicated her spare time to care for. Large hands were slipped into his pants pocket at the wind nipped at his skin. Further and further he traveled down the coble stone path. He noticed a shift in the wind and instantly he glanced upward. His view, sadly, was obstructed by a mixture of frees including old, Weeping Willows and younger apple trees.

Ah! There! He stopped her briefly just between the leaves. Logan waited to catch another glimpse of her. She was magnificent. Up there, high above the trees with the clouds, Ororo seemed one with nature. Her hair was down, and his hands itched in his pockets to get a feel for the silky smooth tresses once again. He couldn’t pick out exactly what she was wearing, but he knew it didn’t involve a lot of clothing. While flying, Ororo wore the least amount possible. He never bothered asking why and he never had any intention too.

“Hey Darling? Ever plan on graces us with the presence of a Goddess?” He shouted over the wind and waited until for her to drift down on her breeze and grace him with her presence.

She had heard him easily. Ororo had noticed him moments before but hasn’t paid any mind to him. She was used to seeing Logan around these parts of the garden. They were the most secluded parts. She had been manipulating the wind around Logan to help her hear him for when he would chose to speak up and address her. She twisted her body with the precision that would make any acrobat envious as she lowered herself through the branches. Blue eyes caught Logan’s dark ones, and Ororo smiled before letting go of her elemental control completely. “Catch me,” She ordered him as she free fell to the ground.

She was in a playful mood, that much Logan could tell as she sprinted a few swift steps and caught Ororo before she hit the ground. “What do you think you’re doing?!” Yelling at her was an automatic reaction because they both knew as sure as the sun setting each night that he would always catch her and she would do the same. He held her and watched her facial expression. She never wore make up, at least not in all the time that he’s known her.

Ororo shifted in his arms to get comfortable. She’s been comfortable around him for as long as she could remember. They had their rough patches, screaming matches, and bad spots, but what relationship doesn’t? Logan misunderstood her shifting as wanting to stand, so he set gently moved her to stand on her feet much to her displeasure. “To what do I owe the pleasure, Logan?” She questioned him. Eyes of sky blue were clouded with curiosity and her lips slightly parted as she waited.

And she went straight to the point, just like that. Logan wouldn’t have put up with her is she wasn’t. Ororo didn’t hide around the bush and it was a trait he admired in her. Logan had hoped that he would have been able to enjoy her company before he opened a can of serious heart to hearts. “I wanted ta know what was up, Darlin’,” He told her out right because there wasn’t a point in beating around the bush either. “Ya’ve been actin’ strange ever since we came back from Africa. I don’t like it.”


Her expression changed and Logan wasn’t sure what to read on her face. Her mouth parted a little bit more and her eyes dulled only slightly. She closed her mouth and turned around leaving Logan to stare at her back. He knew that she wasn’t ignoring him. If his question had upset her, her eyes would have flashed with lightening and she would have pressed her lips together in an angry pout while her eyes narrowed and the surrounding area would have reeked of ozone. No, Ororo was just ambling towards the large willow tree and sitting down at the truck of it. “Did anyone else notice?” She asked him as blue eyes came to focus on his dark ones.

He shook his head and followed her footsteps to sit down beside her. Logan leaned back against the trunk and threw an arm over her shoulder before gently pulling her closer again his chest. She willingly crumbled again him. “Naw, they all got their heads so far up their asses, no one’s noticed.” Logan answered and ignored the Goddess’s face when she turned too scowled at him for his language. “Now, are ya ganna tell me what’s up?” He brought the focus right around and back towards her.

Ororo lowered her eyes and trained her fingertips over his knuckles, focusing over the area his personal weapons came out of. “T’Challa asked me to marry him,” The words tumbled softly over her lips and into the still air. Ororo knew that Logan didn’t care of the King so she wasn’t sure how he’d take to the news, probably worse than everyone else would. Ororo felt him tense at her side, but she didn’t hear and audible respond so she lifted her eyes and focused on his face.

Logan stared at her. It took everything in him to not get up and pace in front of her. He wanted to fly to Africa and strangle the man. Ororo was a Goddess. She was a Warrior. A King wasn’t fit for her. Logan swallowed and closed his eyes, bringing his free hand up to pinch the bridge of his nose, a habit that he had picked up from no one other than the Goddess next to him. “He doesn’t deserve you,” And that was that, that was all Logan had to say to her.

Ororo laughed. She was certain that if Logan had it his way, no one would deserve her or anyone else he cared about, such as Kitten, Rogue and Jubilee. “But he makes me happy,” It was a half-truth. She and T’Challa made sense on paper. He was strong and passionate and so what if there wasn’t exactly any fire and if he’s broken her heart so many times. It beat waiting around for someone else to come along and sweep her off her feet. Someone like Logan. That thought unwilling filtered through her mind and Ororo kept it from showing on her face as she stared up at her friend.


Chapter End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed the first bit. I don't know when I'll have time to review again, but feedback will make it happen!



You must login () to review.