Betrayal by Beautiful Storm
Summary: It's peaceful at the Xavier, and with the birth of Storm and Logan's new baby, everyone is excited. Everyone except a certain ginger. The green-eyed monster has taken her fully into its control, and she will do almost anything to get Wolverine's attention again.

Meanwhile, a certain monster wants the child for his own gain. When a mutual alliance is formed, what will become of the newborn that has become the center of Storm and Logan's lives?
Categories: General, General Characters: None
Genres: Action, Romance
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No Word count: 3174 Read: 12287 Published: 06-11-11 Updated: 06-13-11

1. Chapter 1 by Beautiful Storm

2. Deal with the Devil by Beautiful Storm

3. Chapter 3 by Beautiful Storm

4. Missing by Beautiful Storm

5. Chapter 5 by Beautiful Storm

6. Chapter 6 by Beautiful Storm

Chapter 1 by Beautiful Storm
Logan held his daughter in his arms. Storm, his wife, was asleep; exhausted after eight hours of labor. Logan smiled at the knowing fact that this was his child.

The infirmary doors opened, and Jean walked in. She, Scott, and Nightcrawler were sent on a mission, and apparently just got back. Jean stopped dead when she saw Logan holding a tiny bundle. "Hi, Jean," he said.

"H-hello, Logan," Jean stammered. "I see Storm's had her child."

Logan nodded happily. "She's a beauty, ain't she? Just like her mother."

Jean nodded out of politeness. "Well, I better go," she said, turning to leave.

"You're not gonna stay until Storm wakes?" Logan asked, curious about Jean's behavior. Usually she and Storm would talk for hours.

Jean shook her head. "I have some things I have to do."

Logan nodded as she walked off. He walked around with Zahra for a few minutes, until Storm started to stir. Logan walked over to her bedside and sat next to her. Storm woke up completely then, and smiled when she saw her husband and their daughter.

"Hey," she said tiredly.

"Hey," he replied. "How're ya feelin'?"

"Tired," Storm groaned. "How's she doing?" She asked, eying her daughter.

"Asleep for now."

Storm nodded, then Logan handed Zahra over to her. "She's got your smile."

"But she's got your looks." Storm looked up at her husband, and then he gave her a passionate kiss. They would've gone a little further, but Zahra squeaked as Logan leaned in closer to Storm, reminding them that they had a child there. They laughed.

"I guess that means we have to wait until the child goes to sleep," Storm said.

"Or," Logan said, going to the other side of the bed to Storm's left. "We can do this." He climbed onto the bed next to his wife, and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "This way we can be together, and not disturb the kid."

Storm giggled. "You are such a romantic."

"The kids have rubbed off on me."

This time, it was Storm who kissed Logan.
End Notes:
Zahra means flower in Egyptian. I had a hard time deciding for Isis- the most powerful Egyptian Goddess; Layla- Born of night; and a couple of others like Jamila- Beautiful.
Deal with the Devil by Beautiful Storm
Author's Notes:
There is an alternate scene, I just thought that this was more appropriate.
Jean paced back and forth in the halls. It wasn't fair! If it weren't for her, Storm and Logan probably would never have gotten together. Yes, she was happy for them. But, ever since those two had gotten married- no engaged- Logan had stopped flirting with her. True, she too was a married woman, but she liked the flirts. She liked the fact that she was the only one who could calm Scott down when he was mad. And now, with a baby in the picture, Logan would ignore her even more.

"This is stupid," she muttered. "Storm is your best friend. You should be happy for her."

Ah, a voice whispered inside her head. But Logan loved you first. You know how the old saying goes: First come first serve. Storm is just the leftover.

"But he truly loves her."

The voice laughed. Ha! He just loves her for her looks. You two were the most popular girls in school. However, everyone knows you were the more popular one. That baby should be yours.

"But-"

You know it should be yours. The only way your going to get what you want is by doing it yourself. Steal the baby, and kill it.

"What? No!"

Yes. You must. Once that baby is gone, their marriage will crumble.

"Why not just give the baby up?"

That could work too. There's also the fact that you are a telepath. You could easily wipe their minds and place the thought that Logan's child is your child. Scott won't have to know. Only Logan.

"But, what about-"

"Are you okay, Jean?" A new voice called, interrupting her thoughts. Jean looked up to see that it was Hawk. A telepathic telekinetic who could control the four elements, and shape-shift. She was also really close to Storm.

"I'm fine, Hawk."

"Phoenix coming out again?"

"No." Jean was shocked that the girl would even suggest such a thing. "I have Phoenix under control."

Hawk shrugged. "Okay. Just wondering because you were talking to yourself."

"And you don't?"

"I only do it because I'm daydreaming and trying to figure out a story to write. You were just muttering nonsense."

Jean sighed. "What are you doing down here anyway?"

"I'm just going in to see the newborn. Rogue and the others will be down soon also." Then she walked in.

You're going to have to do something about that one.

"Storm will fry me if I harm her or any of the other students."

But you're practically immortal, the Phoenix inside her continued, if you can't take it, then maybe you should get someone who can. Who's the Wolverine's sworn enemy, even though they're related by blood? Who does that enemy want so bad, he'll do anything to get Storm? Who does that little brat have a grudge against, she'll roast anyone alive that stands in her way?

"Sabretooth," Jean answered.

Exactly.

"But, I can't do that to Storm-"

Well, if you don't come to him. He'll come to you... eventually.

"What are you talking about?"

I don't believe this, we share the same body, but only I can sense him? How pathetic.

"Just stop it, Phoenix. I'm not going to hurt Storm."

B

As Jean walked down the halls, she was suddenly grabbed by someone. His hand clamped over her mouth to keep her from crying out. "Well, well, well," a deep menacing voice said. "If it isn't the telepath."

"What do you want, Sabretooth?" Jean demanded, moving her face out of his grasp.

"I think you know what I want. You want the same thing. I want that child, and you want that runt to like you. So, I propose an alliance."

"And what makes you think I'll help you."

"Because if you don't, you'll never get the Wolverine's attention again. He'll be all over that witch. And you'll just watch as the two have more and more children, and eventually you become old with no children."

"You wouldn't know that."

"You're right, I wouldn't. But I do know that you like the runt, and the runt was in love with you until he killed you. Then he moved on to the Goddess. My Goddess."

"She was never yours to begin with."

Sabretooth jerked her, warning her that he could snap her neck if he wanted to.

"Okay, okay. What do you want me to do?"

"First, do we have a deal?"

Take it, her phoenix side said. It's the only way to get what you want.

"Deal."
Chapter 3 by Beautiful Storm
Jean walked into the infirmary. All was quiet and peaceful. Storm was asleep with Zahra in her arms. Logan was next to her, his arm protectively wrapped around them. Now how am I supposed to grab her?

Use your telekinesis, Phoenix said.

What about Storm feeling it?

If she wakes up, tell her your just taking her to the nursery. Ever since you and Scott got married, you've had that thing set up. Now's a good a time as ever to use it.

Jean sighed, this was going to be tougher than she thought. Slowly, she lifted Zahra up out of Storm's arms. But, Logan woke up. Jean pretty much dropped Zahra, but it was only a few centimeters back into Storm's arms. Not enough to cause injury. "Jean?" Logan said as Storm stirred beside him. Thankfully, she didn't wake up. "What are you doing here?"

"I've come to take Zahra to the nursery. She'll stay there for the rest of the night."

Or in Sabretooth's claws.

"Shut up," Jean muttered.

"What?" Logan asked curiously.

"Nothing. I better take Zahra." She walked forward and gently took Zahra from her mother. Storm stirred again and muttered something in her sleep. "Be sure to tell her where Zahra is, okay?"

"Alright, Jean," Logan replied, stroking Storm's cheek lovingly. Jean got out of there before she gagged. Now all I have to do is contact Sabretooth, and everything will be- "Oof!" Jean exclaimed as she bumped into someone.

"Sorry, Jean," Hawk said.

Oh, boy, Jean thought. "It's okay, Hawk. It's really my fault."

Hawk looked to see Jean carrying a baby. "What are you doing with Zahra?"

"Taking her to the nursery," Jean replied.

"Isn't the nursery that way?" Hawk asked, pointing to the corridor to the left behind Jean.

"Oh, right," Jean said, annoyed that she ran into someone. "Thanks. Must've slipped my mind."

Hawk looked at her skeptically.

"Well, I better go," Jean said, taking Zahra to the nursery.

"Bye."

B

Hawk was suspicious. Ever since Jean came back from the dead, she had taken great care to avoid her as often as possible, without it seeming like she was avoiding her. People coming back from the dead after being killed because they were corrupted- or in Jean's case, possessed- did not sit well with her.

Isis, she called to the wolf.

Yes?

Keep an eye on Jean. Something's not right.

Not another episode of paranoia.

Isis, I'm serious, just do it.

Okay, okay.

B

Jean waited outside the nursery for Sabretooth to arrive. She had sensed Hawk's wolf watching, and easily knocked her out. Sabretooth better show up soon, Jean thought, or else this was just a waste of-

The doors opened, and Sabretooth stepped through. Jean let out a breath. "Where is she?" Sabretooth demanded.

"Right here," Jean said, picking up the baby from her crib, and handing her to the animal-like mutant.

Sabretooth smiled. Now, things will be perfect. Logan was all hers.
Missing by Beautiful Storm
Storm awoke with a jolt. When she looked down, Zahra wasn't there. "Logan," Storm said anxiously as she shook his shoulder. Logan groaned a little, but didn't wake up. "Logan, please, wake up." After a couple more shakes, Logan finally woke up. He frowned when he saw Storm's anxious face.

"What's wrong, 'Ro?"

"Where's Zahra?"

"Jean took her to the nursery."

Storm relaxed. "Oh. Okay." She felt stupid for not realizing that. And, even though she felt reassured, she couldn't shake off the feeling that something was wrong.

B

Later that day, when Storm went to check on Zahra, she had an odd feeling that something was wrong. When she got there, Zahra wasn't there. Hawk came in a moment later. "What's wrong?" she asked.

"Have you seen Zahra?"

"I thought Jean took her back here?"

"That's what Logan said, but she's not here."

Jean came in a moment later. "What's wrong?"

"Where's Zahra?"

"In the-" Jean came forward, then a look of shock came over her. "I know I put her down in here last night."

"Then where is she?"

Jean shrugged.

"You don't think..." Hawk trailed off, not wanting to finish her sentence.

Logan came in a moment later, stopping dead in his tracks. He inhaled deeply. Then growled. "What is it, Logan?" Storm asked.

"Sabretooth's been here." He looked at the empty crib, and almost let his anger loose. Storm on the other hand, broke down in tears. Hawk knelt down next to her, her eyes full of sympathy, with Logan rushing up to her.

Jean just walked out.
Chapter 5 by Beautiful Storm
Over the next several days, things were different at the mansion. Storm would stay in her room all day, making Logan bring food to her, since she refused to leave her room. Hawk- having the talent with earth- tended to her plants, making sure they stayed nice and healthy until Storm came back. Everyone feared Storm was severely depressed- pining for her daughter showed that. The only person who could make her move was Logan, and that was only for Danger Room sessions, to make sure she got at least some form of excersise. She also didn't talk to anyone besides Logan. Not even the Professor, Jean, or Hawk when they tried to reach her through their telepathy.

Finally, one day, they got some information.

"Sabretooth is at a lab just a few miles off from here," the Professor was saying. "Probably the reason of how he managed to get away without using a vehicle."

"What does this lab look like?" Logan asked.

"It's on the surface, and it looks like a house to make it hidden in plain sight."

"Who's going?" Jean asked.

"Hawk, Colossus, Shadowcat, you, Rogue, Iceman, Jubilee, Dazzler, Logan, and Cyclops."

"Shouldn't we bring Storm along?" Logan asked. "This is also her daughter."

Professor X shook his head. "No. I don't want her to even to know about the assignment. She's upset enough as it is, and if your daughter has been harmed in some way, there's no telling what she could do."

Hawk got a guilty look on her face and laughed nervously. "Oops."

Everyone turned to her. "You didn't..." Cyclops began.

"She did," Both Logan and Jean said.

"Well, no one said I wasn't allowed to. This is her daughter we're talking about here. She had a right to know."

"Do you realize you could have just compromised the mission here?" Professor X scolded.

"Hey, it's her daughter, and besides, it's not like the three people who could calm her down and/or knock her out if neccessary won't be with her."

B

Logan finished putting on his boot. He took a deep breath to calm his nerves. His objective, and only objective, was to get Zahra out of there. Everything else was nothing to him.

He heard the tap of high-heeled boots coming to him, and looked up to see Storm in her uniform.

"Take me with you," she said pleadingly.

Logan sighed. "I don't know, 'Ro. The Professor was pretty clear. And he does have a point when it comes to your emotions."

"Logan, if you think that I'm just going to stand by and wait here, your mistaken. I haven't let my emotions get the better since I let my claustrophobia get to me several years ago."

"Logan," Hawk called. "Let it go. Rule number one: Never come between a mother and her child. It's never pretty."

Storm gave Logan one of her triumphant looks. "Thank you, Hawk."

"No prob. So, are we going or what?"

"We're coming," Logan said.

Hawk left, and Logan turned back to Storm. "Just promise me you'll stay near me once we have her."

Storm's eyes softened. "Of course."

Storm stood on her tip-toes as she gave Logan a kiss. It was one of those rare moments of bliss they'd had since Zahra was kidnapped. And then- just like all those other times- it was interrupted. "Hey, smoochers!" Hawk called telepathically, causing them both to cringe. "Get over here before we leave without ya."

"I'm going to fry her if she keeps that up." Storm said.


"Not unless I get to her first."
Chapter 6 by Beautiful Storm
After the jet landed, the kids got off the first, and then by the adults. Storm and Logan walked off hand-in-hand, Storm taking deep breaths to calm herself. Jean looked away before she could gag. Logan was standing behind Storm with his other arm wrapped around her, whispering something in her ear. It made Jean want to scream. She knew Phoenix was taking over again, but Jean was able to hold her back for awhile. "Something wrong, Jean?" Hawk asked behind her.

"No," Jean said shortly.

Hawk shrugged. "Okay. Let's go."

After they entered the lab, they saw experiments in tubes on walls, as if they were frozen. Storm tensed at the sight, but Logan soothed her, and she continued on with the rest of the group. When they reached the center of the room, Zahra was in a plastic tube of a sorts. "Zahra!" Storm cried, nearly surging forward.

"Storm, wait," Rogue said. "We don't know how to open that thing."

Logan moved forward to embrace her, and she gave in to it.

Hawk looked at the casket. "Shadowcat, get over here."

Understanding Hawk's gist, she walked over to the casket, and phased her hands through. She was about to grab the baby, when a voice stopped her. "I wouldn't do that."

They all looked up to see Nathanial Essex. "Sinister!" The kids exclaimed.

"Didn't we get rid of this guy?" Hawk asked.

"What do you want with Zahra?" Jean demanded.

"Like you don't know," a deep menacing voice said. He stepped out a moment later.

"Sabretooth," Storm whispered.

Logan pulled her closer to him, and shot a murderous glare at Sabretooth. "What are you talking about?"

"Maybe that Jean knew what was going to happen all along," Hawk muttered.

They all turned to her. "Jean?" Storm asked, stunned. "Is- is this true."

Jean couldn't take it any longer. "Of course it's true!" Phoenix said, her eyes going liquid black, and her skin paling until you could see the veins. "You took everything from me! It was like I didn't exist after Wolverine killed me! It was only fair that I take something of yours too."

Storm gasped in shock. Logan on the other hand was enraged. He suddenly lunged at Phoenix. "I trusted you with her!"

He was suddenly pulled off of her. "Cool it, Wolverine," Hawk said. "We don't need another scene from Alcatraz."

"Yes, have the little teenager tell you what to do."

Hawk's skin started to sparkle. "Keep it up, Phoenix, and it's going to be a Crystal Hawk vs Phoenix."

Surprisingly, Storm kept a leash on her emotions. Although, everyone could see that one wrong move could cause that leash to slip. "And here we are thinking that Storm was the one we needed to keep an eye on," Rogue said to the girls.

"This child," Sinister continued, and everyone turned back to him. "Is a beautiful specimen. I would love to see what her mutations are."

"You sold my child for experimentation!" Storm exclaimed. Everyone waited for the thunder, but none came. The kids looked at Hawk. She shrugged. Clearly, she knew that outburst was going to come, and decided to hold off the weather.

"Not sold. Just gave away."

Storm clenched her fist to keep herself at bay. It was clear that she was thinking about Zahra.

Wolverine turned to Sinister. Claws out. He got ready to attack, and was suddenly blown back by Sinister's telekinesis. All of them were blown back, except for Storm and Phoenix. Sabretooth lunged for Storm, and she shot him with a lightning bolt. She looked slightly calmer after that. Hawk created a shield around the others and herself, releasing the hold Sinister had on them. Then pushed out against the shield that hit Sinister, Sabretooth, and Phoenix. Storm turned to Wolverine. "Logan," she said rushing to him.

Sinister got up, and turned toward Hawk. "You again."

"You finally noticed? Wow. What a coincidence."

Not for long," Phoenix said.

She also pushed put with her telekinesis, which Hawk countered. The result was an explosion backwards, slamming both females into the walls. Phoenix was knocked out, while Hawk had a migraine.

Kitty grabbed Zahra. "Okay, let's go."

Hawk immediately sped up the healing process, and raced out with the others. Kitty passed Zahra over to Storm, and they were out of there.
This story archived at http://https://rolorealm.com/viewstory.php?sid=3427