Chapter Two: Times is against her

She was a tall and thin looking young thing. You couldn't see her eyes or her hair, as she stood behind Logan in his rusty colored leather jacket with her hood over her head. The hoodie came to her thigh showing her long bare legs. She looked like a morning after not a new wife, and the girls zoned in on it right away.

Remy glanced up and down her endless legs and rubbed his gruff a few times. The women might have instantly hated her, but he loved the view.

"You sure can pick them," Remy congratulated Logan.

Logan bared some teeth but otherwise kept his cool. He didn't have time to acknowledge the Cajun antics that day.

The suit in front of him headed to the main office where Charles, the school founder and owner, was waiting patiently for Logan and his new arrival to which he already knew about prior to their arrival.

Jean stood by doors of Charles office with her arms folded, her green eyes narrowed at the man she waited weeks for and his unwelcomed bride. She wanted nothing more than to punch Logan in the face and run upstairs to her room and cry, but she was forced to stay by Charles who requested her attendance.

"Come on" Logan said with a rough tone and dark eyes, to the mysterious woman who did not move at his command. He looked at her for a moment, seriousness straining his face. The situation was getting to him, and he forgot who he was dealing with. She coiled up more tightly in his sweater and coat retracted herself deeper into the corner.

Logan took a deep breath and relaxed his face slightly. "You need to come with me." Logan opened his palm and nodded towards the strange beauty. Everyone seemed interested enough at the odd communication to stop and stare at their encounter. It took a few seconds, but reluctantly she reached for his hand. Logan pulled her in close to his sturdy frame he head resting on his on his chest as Logan helped walk her into the Charles office.

The office doors slammed closed, leaving a few puzzled faces behind.

"Well, how about them there apples…" Remy commented with a pleasant smirk on his face. "She seems nice."

"Pff" Rogue muttered out of the corner of her mouth. "You would like her."

"You would be quick to judge her, not all women are as pure and untouchable as you, my dear," Remy said back to Rogue. He didn't know why he snapped at her, but her negatively was getting annoying.

"Ouch, Remy, that was harsh, don't you think?" Betsy commented, coming between the two.

"This Cajun doesn't believe in censorship."

"You better start to try love, I do believe you have a class to teach try not to corrupt the youth." Betsy tried to joke as she pulled Rogue to walk away.

Remy would have much rather listen to what they were talking about in the office, but he knew Scott the all mighty leader would corner and lecture him for days if he skipped his teaching duties again. Taking out his pack of cards he began to shuffle them while walking to the class rooms.

He walked by the thick oak doors of Charles office trying to hear something but had no luck.

Inside leaning against Charles desk Jean crossed her arms over her small breast, her eye piercing into Logan body. He had the nerve to stand next to the mistress he brought home, Jean thought. Aggregated that Charles asked her stay, Jeans face reflected her disappointment.

The man in the suit reveled himself as Mr. Jones a government agent and from the looks of the gun he carried in his coat he worked for a department, no one ever knew existed. He made himself comfortable quite quickly, taking a set on the comfy leather seats and helping himself to some scotch.

With his fingertips placed gently together and elbows resting on his desk Charles watched the woman with Logan oddly wondering what the story was behind the pair.

"Is she going to take a seat or what?" Jean snapped at the quietness in the air.

"No, she's not," Logan said in a snappy tone. Jean was mad, but her being a bitch wasn't helping the situation. He put his protective arm around the hidden woman, defending her from Jeans harsh stares.

"Please, Logan, if you would explain perhaps the tension would dissolve," Charles suggested.

"Actually that won't be happening anytime soon," the suit spoke. "Logan was contracted by a certain level of government that has no obligations to explain itself to you."

"How do you suppose we deal with this matter then?" Charles questioned.

"Make Logan's wife feel at home. When the civil servants get around to her case she will be granted immunity, and then they can divorce. I pushed this case up so it can't be that long." The suit adjusted his tie.

"Until then we're stuck with her, is that what you're saying?" Jean was none too impressed.

"What I am saying ginger is, that if you all proclaim to believe in human rights and social justice for all, you will allow her to stay here where she will not be in danger and be able to get some help for as long as needed."

"Mhmmm." Jean rolled her eyes. "So she's human wonderful…"

"Never said that nor do I or anyone else have to tell you. You want to live among us regular folk in peace… or did misunderstand you're lecture at the UN."

Jean dropped her folded arms and balled her hands into a fest. "You self centered son of bitch."

"Temper, temper ginger, I didn't force your man to marry another woman. So much for true love." The suit responded helping himself to another glass of scotch.

"Gr!" Jean grunted, her eyes squinted at the suit. She could mentally rape him and he wouldn't even have known. Charles was in her head reminding her to relax but it was proving hard.

Logan broke the tension between the warring two.

"I didn't have much of a choice. They would have killed her or worse," Logan said, his eyes slowly ran up to Jean's. The fiery red head melted into mush at the look at his deep eyes. She knew he was telling the truth. "So I took her with me; sue me."

"We will not cast her back to her once abusive life." Charles assured the Suit. "She can stay."

"Usually the US government wouldn't go for a sham paper marriage, but in this case we are willing to make an exception."

"Paper marriage?" Charles questioned.

"It's clearly not done out of raw love, Charles. I thought you were a psychic. They look in love to you?" The suit joked, but no one laughed. Serious faces stared back him and took it that it was time for him to leave.

"I'll be on my way then, and the civil servant will be around in a few weeks."

"Thought you pushed it to the top of the pile?" Jeans defensive tone got louder.

"That's the earliest time, ginger, you two play nice now." He winked at Jean and left the room closing the door behind him.

"You should be on your way too. This is still a school and you both have your duties." Charles reminded Jean.

Jean tried to leave quickly but Logan grabbed her arm as she passed the threshold. "Be mad, but I don't love her. I did it to save her." He let his grip fall and left her with her thoughts.

"Logan." Charles called to him. "You may show your new bride to her room."

Logan growled at the word bride, Charles was really pushing a nerve deliberately. He hated secrets, but hated reading minds without permission even more

"If I knew her name I would be more than happy to use it." Charle's face stayed stern.

"She never told me…" Logan confessed "She's never spoken any English. Since we boarded the chopper she hasn't even opened her mouth so good luck trying to get it."

"Can she understand us?" Charles looked to hooded beauty "Can you understand me? What is your name, my dear?"

"No use, Chuck. She hasn't said anything to us in days."

"Storm…" A gentle whimper came across their ears. "My name is Storm." She removed her hood to revile long following black locks, shinny and thick. Pulling her coat around her tighter she avoided, looking into the eyes of her new housemates.

"Well, Logan, it seems she can understand us just fine."





You must login () to review.