I remember tears streaming down your face
When I said, "I'll never let you go"
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone"
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

-Safe and Sound, Taylor Swift

As the tears began to fall, Logan gently stroked them away. Despite his appearance and calloused hands, his touch was soft like velvet. For a brief moment, she felt like she was wrapped in her husband's embrace when they were in love, but that moment lasted for only a second. She turned her face away from him, trying to hide anything that shows weakness.

"You can stay here as long as you need to, 'Ro," Logan whispered. "You'll be safe here."

"Thank you, Logan," she whispered.

Logan got up to take a shower. When he came back, Storm was once again knocked out on the couch. He once again placed the blanket over her shoulders, and went to bed. If he ever got a hold of the son of a gun that was destroying the woman, he would make sure that he never laid a hand on her or anyone again. The mutant called Sabretooth... he would deal with later.

SaS

About a week later, Logan brought Storm to the place he worked at. It wasn't until she got to the conference room that she realized where Logan worked. "Storm?" a blonde woman asked.

Storm turned to see Sue Richards, aka the Invisible woman standing there. "Hi, Sue."

Sue ran over to hug her. "Oh my gosh it's been forever since I last saw you. How've you been doing?"

Storm faked a smile. "Alright, I guess."

"We need to call up the other girls at some point and have a girls day out," Sue said. "We've missed you so much."

"You two know each other?" Logan asked.

"Storm and I have worked together on a couple of assignments, and happened to best friends in High School," Sue said. "Well, I was one of them anyway."

"I see," Logan said. "Well, I'll let you two catch up. Nick wants to see me about somethin'."

They were about to part ways when a familiar voice was heard. "I don't care if you break her legs to bring her back. Just get the best men you can find, locate her, and bring her back!"

Storm tensed when she heard it, and jumped at the sound of the cell phone slamming shut. She began looking for a way out. "What's wrong Storm? It's just T'Challa... granted he's angry about something at the moment-"

"Is there anyway you can get me out of here?" Storm asked Sue hurriedly.

"You know the Panther?" Logan asked.

"He's my husband," she whispered almost inaudibly, but with someone with enhanced hearing, it could be heard very clearly. T'Challa's footsteps were coming closer and Storm's breathing and heart rate were increasing drastically. "Get her outta here," he whispered to Sue. "I'll distract the Panther."

Sue nodded, clearly confused by what was going on, but she still guided Storm to another stair case. While Logan headed toward the Panther. However, he was stopped in his tracks when Nick Fury called him into his office. This was going to get interesting.

SaS

"You're harboring Black Panther's wife?" Nick demanded.

"I'm not sure harboring is the right word," Logan replied icily. "The guy has other men beat her into submission."

"You have any proof of that?"

"The bruises on her wrist speak for themselves."

"You do realize the dangerous waters you're in? He has been looking for her for over a week. From what I hear he now has hired thugs and other dangerous criminals to finally find her."

"She has been staying at my place for over a week," Logan pointed out. "And they haven't found her."

"Do you realize what T'Challa would do if he found out you had her?"

"Other than kill her? Nothing's happened, Nick. She was sleeping on the couch at first, but then I insisted she take the guest room."

"It won't matter to him."

"Well it should," Logan said, rage boiling in his veins. "She's a nice girl."

"She is," Nick agreed. "But she's the wife of the King of Wakanda who is a very respectable ally."

"You're only saying that because of his money and technological power."

"Logan, I'm not gonna argue with you about this. Return her to her husband, and nothing bad will happen."

"What if she doesn't want to go back?" Logan asked.

"I don't care, and it's not our problem. If you don't return her, and he finds out she's with you, you'll cause an incident within our ranks."

SaS

"Thanks for getting me out of there, Sue," Storm said, when they were outside.

"No problem, Storm," Sue replied. "But, why are you avoiding T'Challa?"

"We're just having some issues and need some space," Storm lied.

Sue shrugged, knowing there was something more to it, but left it alone and walked back inside with a final goodbye. Storm began walking back to the apartment.

A hand snaked around her waist and pulled her back into an alley, clamping her mouth shut. Her assailant slammed her up against the wall, her mouth still clamped as she tried to scream for help. Normally he would relish in that, but they were in public, and the last thing he needed was people helping the witch. "Your king has been looking for you, he whispered in her ear. "He's very angry that you left him. " He inhaled her scent, picking the scent of another on her. It wasn't very strong, so he knew that they hadn't been intimate with each other, but it was enough for him to get what he wanted. "I'm sure when he finds out that you've been with another he'll be more than happy to hand you to me. Then I'll bide my time with you."

She twitched her face out of his grasp. "Youre a monster."

He grinned, and struck her. "I'll show you the monster I can be if you don't come with me quietly."

"I'd rather die than go back with you."

He grabbed her by the neck, lifting her up off her feet. "That can be arranged," he growled, squeezing tighter and tighter. It wasn't long before she was struggling to breathe. As a last resort, she charged other air around her and brought down a bolt before he could react. She waited for her breathing to return to normal, then scrambled to her feet. This time, she didn't walk- she flew home. Praying that the beast wouldn't wake up to follow her.

SaS

It was almost six o'clock when Logan came back. He was surprised to see Storm curled up on the couch again. "What's wrong, darlin'?" He asked her.

"I-I saw him," Storm replied, her voice trembling.

"Who?"

"Sabretooth," she replied.

Logan walked over to her. "I'm not letting you go back, 'Ro," Logan said firmly, wiping the tears from her eyes. "I'll protect ya at all costs."

After a few minutes, he got up and took a shower. During that time, Storm picked up a magazine and began to read it. The back door was broken into though, startling Storm. She was about to get up and run, but then a whip came out of nowhere, striking her back. She screamed in pain as the whip tore through her thin shirt. "Hurts doesn't it?" a deep malicious voice whispered, flogging her again. He relished the screams he got from her, as he continued his torment until she couldn't scream anymore. He flipped her over, causing a gasp to escape from her lips as the wounds touched the cold wooden floor.

"That was just a little hello gift from your husband," the animal said, his lust filled amber gaze traveling over her body until they reached the beautiful brown eyes that were dilated by fear. "I can't wait to see what he has in store for you when I get you back to him."

He was about to strike her again to knock her out when someone pushed him away from her.

"Sorry, bub, but she ain't goin' anywhere with ya." There was a distinct SNIKT sound and a moment later, Storm saw two pairs of three metal claws glinting in the moonlight.

The animal growled, but seeing as he was outnumber- the witch was bound to use her powers if he was brawling her protector- he left, but not without a final twisted smile at the witch.

When he was gone, Logan turned to her. Tears reluctantly began falling, and he gently wiped them away. "It's okay, Storm," he said gently. "He's gone now, he can't hurt you when you're here."

She cried harder into his shoulder, and rain began to pour down outside. Logan placed his hand on her back, only to recoil when she gasped. "What's wrong?" He asked worriedly. he looked at his hand, and the familiar metallic smell of blood rushed into his nostrils. He then realized that the creature that had tried to kidnap her had brought a weapon to use against her.

He gently picked her up, though it was hard to avoid the slashes on her back, and carried her to the bathroom. Gently, he placed her on the counter while he went to soak a towel in ice cold water. When he returned, he helped her remove her top, and unhook her bra so that he could see her back entirely. He regretted doing it. Her back was covered in scars and fresh lashes. The sight made him want to go in a berserker rage and kill the man who did this to the woman. After a moment of trying to keep a cool head, Logan gently washed the wounds, although the only response from her was hisses and cried of pain. When he was finally done, Logan carried her to the spare room, laying her down on the bed gently.

"Don't leave me alone," she whispered looking up at him through teary eyes.

"I won't," he replied, smoothing out her hair. She laid on her side, making sure her bandaged wound did not touch the sheets. Logan thought about how he had ended up with the prettiest girl alive, and yet, she was treated like garbage.

When he was she sure she was asleep, Logan went into his own room, grabbing a blanket, and headed back to Storm's room.

A/N: So for all you who guessed BP, you were right. Right now I just don't like him, so if you're a fan of this guy, I do apologize if I offended you. On a different note, I never took T'Challa as a guy to beat his wife himself, hence the reason why he has someone else do it. It wouldn't surprise me. He did let Storm get arrested by rebels. And he even had a plan to fight his own wife and cut off her powers.





You must login () to review.